PDA

View Full Version : Three things I've learned, edition XX 2018 v St Kilda at Marvel stadium

Twodogs
04-08-2018, 04:24 PM
1 Think of three things, ideally about football and preferably about the Bulldogs relating to today's match.
2. Make sure that you didn't know any of the three things before the game.
3. Write the three things down and press enter.

It really is that simple to post in Three Things I've Learned (whike watching the game today)

bulldogtragic
04-08-2018, 11:02 PM
1. Greene has the tools to be a very handy player.
2. Schache has the tools to be a very good player.
3. Billings just simply can't kick a goal passed 1m out. Whenever I watch them he always butchers it. While Bonts does the opposite...........

SonofScray
05-08-2018, 09:38 AM
1. StKFC are truly awful. Any other side would've beat us, even allowing for that electric 3rd quarter. Tag JJ you fools!

2. Greene has a really good work ethic forward of the ball, but smart enough to get up the ground and help too.

3. Shache isn't strong in ground ball, contested footy, but he stays in the contest. It's an important thing to remember when he has his one or two shaky moments a game. Don't hang him over it, look at the terrific work either side of it. We've got a good player there.

ratsmac
05-08-2018, 10:40 AM
1. StKFC are truly awful. Any other side would've beat us, even allowing for that electric 3rd quarter. Tag JJ you fools!

2. Greene has a really good work ethic forward of the ball, but smart enough to get up the ground and help too.

3. Shache isn't strong in ground ball, contested footy, but he stays in the contest. It's an important thing to remember when he has his one or two shaky moments a game. Don't hang him over it, look at the terrific work either side of it. We've got a good player there.

Schache is a strange one isn't he? One minute he is soft as butter getting bumped off the ball with a feather and next minute he crashes through and takes a pack mark. In time he'll be a terrific player.

DOG GOD
05-08-2018, 10:52 AM
1. As bad as st.kilda was, im sure they were in for the tank. Armitage hbf, no tag on JJ....hmm.
2. I love the way Greene moves
3. When we are on, we are on, but when we are not, we are horrendous....all in the one game.

kruder
05-08-2018, 10:58 AM

Great point re Shache I love the fact even after a poor moment he continues to get involved. The other positive for mine is the he continually leads even when his teammates kick it over his head. Its that natural forward craft this groups lacks and he has it in spades. Soon enough they will find him more and he could easily kick a bag of 6 with his lovely set shot.

Oh and the biggest positive of all? Bevo is allowing him to develop in his natural position and week in week out we are seeing natural improvement. Now that is food for thought :D

ratsmac
05-08-2018, 10:58 AM
1. The saints are crap. I mean really crap. We have been crap most of this year and we belted them after the first quarter like most teams have been doing to us.

2. JJ is Jekyll and Hyde. How JJ can go from how he played against Port to last night against the Saints staggering. He was outstanding. Does a tag stop him that easily? He/the team need to work out ways to free him up every week. I know it's only the Saints but when JJ breaks the lines like that we all of the sudden look like the team that won the flag less than 2 years ago.

3. If Jordon Roughead can play like that against better opposition there is a future for him with us beyond this year. His marking around the ground was terrific.

Ghost Dog
05-08-2018, 01:41 PM
Far out. We win a game but only because the opposition were bad. No way! This game, which I knew would win, is indicative of our problem. We are several positions lower than our true place in the league because we lack the eye of the tiger. Time to rise dogs. You don't have to wait to play St Kilda for permission to play well. We are an elite team navel gazing at the bottom of the ladder. I have no idea why you would want that but it's time to learn a thing about ourselves.

Bulldog Joe
05-08-2018, 01:56 PM
1. Ruckmen can influence a game, as seen when Hickey went out of it allowing Trengove and Roughead free run. Trengove tap to Bont was brilliant.
2. Fergus Greene has some really good attributes.
3. Josh Schache can be a very good player.

Twodogs
05-08-2018, 02:16 PM
1. Ruckmen can influence a game, as seen when Hickey went out of it allowing Trengove and Roughead free run. Trengove tap to Bont was brilliant.
2. Fergus Greene has some really good attributes.
3. Josh Schache can be a very good player.

That tap, the way Jackson protected the fall of the ball and arched his body to get the St Kilda player out of the ruck contest reminded me of the way Andrew Purser used to tap it straight into Brian Royal's hands. "Run Choco and the ball will appear in front of you"

Doc26
05-08-2018, 02:42 PM

Spot on assessment. Hickey’s injury in second quarter did seem a turning point which hopefully is not lost on our MC and list management team in the off season

1. St.Kilda’s coaching group are worse than our own. What where they thinking leaving JJ unaccountable. Just as surprised hearing Richo in his presser justifying it on grounds that they put more focus on scoring in the forward half rather than defending ??? Wowee. How did that strategy work out for them on the night.
2. Crozier has shown great strength through adversity. Great leadership qualities and a great pick up at the price. Another fine 4 quarter showing.
3. I’d love Seb Ross in Bulldog colours