PDA

View Full Version : The BT Who To Root For Against Harry Taylor

bulldogtragic
11-08-2018, 06:18 PM
Often, footy fans will point to something that they say resulted in their team playing finals, or not. Say, umpiring, a goal, etc. But that logic breaks when we know that the play would change, that in a missed goal, a kick out started the next play, and not a centre clearance. So it's not often easy to point to a single bit of play, like a shot at goal.

The only sure way to say with 100% certainty that a play, or a shot at goal missing led to missing or getting into finals is a shot after the siren. Well, Harry Taylor missed his shot after the siren against us and so denied the Geelong FC four premiership points. Shame really...

So now the Geelong sit out of the top 8 because of it with two games to play. So in the spirit of Harry Taylor, his team mates, Geelong FC and their fans focusing in on this point and Harry retiring knowing his choke against the WBFC is part of his legacy - I'd like to root this eventuality:

Geelong losing to Fremantle & GCS (unlikely)

So that gets them to 52 points.

So rooting:

Sydney winning at least two more games of their three left (so then this is the crucial root, 50/50 chance on Melb, GWS, Hawks)

Hawthorn winning at least one more games of their two left (probable Saints & Sydney)

Port winning at least two more games of their three left (possible/probable, Collingwood, Essendon)

Collingwood winning at least two of their three games left (probable, Freo, Port, Brisbane)

Melbourne winning at least one of their three games left (probable, Sydney, WCE, GWS)

North winning all of their last three games (including us, possible, Dogs, Adelaide, Saints - crucial root too now Port dropped the ball)

So if Sydney & North pull their root as above, or Geelong drop an easy game...

Then we can all send out Harry Taylor as he deserves to be, in my honest opinion.

Twodogs
11-08-2018, 07:45 PM
I've got no respect for Harry Taylor at all and I have no idea how anyone could. Ordinary footballer and a worse human being. So he played in some good teams and got carried to some flags? What's that matter when as soon as the team needs to rely on Harry he misses a soda and is personally responsible for his team losing to close to the worst team in the comp and missing the finals. That's a hell of a load to be carrying around.

You failed the character test Harry. Most AFL players would have been able to make that shot with their backs to the goal. Heh!Harry Taylor aye? The least deserving multiple premiership player in the history of the AFL.

ratsmac
12-08-2018, 12:15 AM
I'm in, I'm rooting

bulldogtragic
12-08-2018, 09:53 AM
Unfortunately Port let us down, so this is the rooting assuming Geelong can beat up Freo & GCS:

Sydney winning at least two more games of their three left (Melb, GWS &/or Hawks)

Hawthorn winning at least one more games of their two left (Saints)

Port winning their two games left (Collingwood, Essendon)

Collingwood winning at least two of their three games left (Freo & Brisbane)

Melbourne winning at least one of their three games left (WCE &/or GWS)

North winning all of their last three games (Dogs, Adelaide, Saints)

azabob
12-08-2018, 10:28 AM
Why the hate for Taylor?

bulldogtragic
12-08-2018, 10:31 AM
Why the hate for Taylor?

Comments of a certain nature about our club to our players on field in the past. Worthy of a bit of hate in my book.

bornadog
12-08-2018, 10:41 AM
Comments of a certain nature about our club to our players on field in the past. Worthy of a bit of hate in my book.

and said sledging after the game finished.

bulldogtragic
12-08-2018, 10:47 AM
and said sledging after the game finished.

This in particular. Obviously I/we can't repeat everything, but posters can think back to a somewhat recent milestone game where a Geelong player had won down at Geelong. Our players were going to stand for a guard, but then didn't after Taylor continued to run his mouth about our club. So the things he said were clearly of a nature to aggrevate our players to walk away from him and consequently away from the guard area. Ergo, I'm rooting hard to see Geelong finish 9th and him being responsible for it.

ledge
12-08-2018, 11:13 AM
Well considering we have won a flag since they last won one and he lost the game against us in their own back yard , with which we haven’t won in years and years, it’s totally backfired on him.

bulldogtragic
12-08-2018, 06:59 PM
So it gets closer Harry Rooters:

Melbourne to win one out of their last two @WCE/GWS (good shot)
Sydney to win one out of their last two @GWS/Hawks (good shot)
Port must beat Collingwood MCG & @Essendon (because they dropped a winning situation this week) (Essendon, yes. Collingwood at the MCG probably hinges this entire root)

Twodogs
12-08-2018, 10:19 PM
That's a lot of rooting. It's going to fill in basically the whole weekend. Still it's important I suppose.

bulldogtragic
12-08-2018, 11:21 PM
If Port, Sydney & Melbourne ain this week it’s as good as over. If Port lose, Geelong will likely scrape in. If there’s a god, that won’t happen.

boydogs
12-08-2018, 11:57 PM
I think they'll win both and get in on percentage, with Collingwood beating Port

westdog54
13-08-2018, 12:01 AM
Is there a root we can organise to completely maintain the status quo, which currently has Geelong, North and Essendon finishing 9th through 11th respectively? What a world it would be.

Twodogs
13-08-2018, 12:47 AM
Is there a root we can organise to completely maintain the status quo, which currently has Geelong, North and Essendon finishing 9th through 11th respectively? What a world it would be.

We could start a petition to stop the home and away season now and go straight into the final series.

Axe Man
13-08-2018, 03:43 PM
This in particular. Obviously I/we can't repeat everything, but posters can think back to a somewhat recent milestone game where a Geelong player had won down at Geelong. Our players were going to stand for a guard, but then didn't after Taylor continued to run his mouth about our club. So the things he said were clearly of a nature to aggrevate our players to walk away from him and consequently away from the guard area. Ergo, I'm rooting hard to see Geelong finish 9th and him being responsible for it.

I've never heard this before. I also didn't get the hate for Taylor, is obviously a weirdo but doesn't come across as that unlikeable to me. Anyone care to elaborate on this or link to where this has been discussed before? Why can't we repeat what was said?

EasternWest
13-08-2018, 04:21 PM
I've never heard this before. I also didn't get the hate for Taylor, is obviously a weirdo but doesn't come across as that unlikeable to me. Anyone care to elaborate on this or link to where this has been discussed before? Why can't we repeat what was said?

+1. I nothing Harry Taylor. Give me a reason to have an opinion.

bulldogtragic
13-08-2018, 05:14 PM

I'm pretty sure subtle mentions have been made in the past here and there by those who have heard the same thing - not a thread etc. Not sure there's a need to elaborate on my post unless others who know the details also want to. I don't like him, he can get completely stuffed and hopefully his miss against us causes them to miss finals. You can take or leave my post and BADs post with a grain of salt if you like, which is fine. But the facts beyond the words used are that Geelong won, a guard was going to be manned, Harry Taylor was in between it and our players. Our players had to/then walked away from Taylor and thus the guard - it seemed weird at the time considering we man all guards these days. Some have heard he was an arrogant arsehole and said particularly awful things about our club to our players, despite winning the game. This is my first rooting thread against an individual player, I think there's good reason obviously.

bornadog
13-08-2018, 05:19 PM
I'm pretty sure subtle mentions have been made in the past here and there by those who have heard the same thing - not a thread etc. Not sure there's a need to elaborate on my post unless others who know the details also want to. I don't like him, he can get completely stuffed and hopefully his miss against us causes them to miss finals. You can take or leave my post and BADs post with a grain of salt if you like, which is fine. But the facts beyond the words used are that Geelong won, a guard was going to be manned, Harry Taylor was in between it and our players. Our players had to/then walked away from Taylor and thus the guard - it seemed weird at the time considering we man all guards these days. Some have heard he was an arrogant arsehole and said particularly awful things about our club to our players, despite winning the game. This is my first rooting thread against an individual player, I think there's good reason obviously.

Without taking away from the thread, how bad were North not even bothering to give Moz a guard of honour. I know you don't do that for all milestones, but 250 and a special player is different.

bulldogtragic
13-08-2018, 05:21 PM
Without taking away from the thread, how bad were North not even bothering to give Moz a guard of honour. I know you don't do that for all milestones, but 250 and a special player is different.

22 faux tough men having to honour an actual tough man. Not doing it is the epitome of faux tough men acts.