There has to be be 3 new things we learned today

Pickenitup
25-08-2018, 06:14 PM
1.We are on the way back we can challenge for flag next year
2.Easton Wood showed some 2015 form will be great next year
3.Someone will beat Richmond in finals

Testekill
25-08-2018, 06:15 PM
1. The last two months have shown me that we're not that far off; we put the reigning premiers off their game and could have won if a couple of lucky bounces went our way or if we had only hit the post once in the final quarter.

2. Dunkley is the contested beast that we needed in the midfield and should have been playing there from the start of the year.

3. Bontempelli needs to just focus on getting his hip right this coming preseason.

bornadog
25-08-2018, 06:26 PM
1. Once the younger players started getting some experience in playing and also playing together, the game plan started to work in the last month.

2. Need to hit the gym, and build up our core strength, and lay those tackles, not get pushed out of a contest.

3. We have unearthed some ripper young kids.

Twodogs
25-08-2018, 06:35 PM
1. We need to develop a killer blow. We've too many teams off the canvas.
2. Richmomd won't win the flag
3. Hawthorn will.

kruder
25-08-2018, 07:03 PM
1 Bevo has the wheel turning again. His presser prior to todays game was one laced with hope and confidence that his team will indeed rise again in stark contrast to his preseason speech. He mentioned the word continuity and the benefits of ( a big step for Luke to mention this word) and we have seen this through playing Dunkley in the midfield, Caleb off half back, Trengove in the ruck, Schache forward and JJ back to HB. Add some experience and some fresh faces and Bevo has a narrative again he can work with. I think the players are finally starting to get on board.

2. Our last month and particularly today may convince a player to join/stay in the offseason it just gives our list management team a little more to work with.

3. Just wanted to praise Macrae on an outstanding season clearly our B&F. He has now joined the Elite midfielders in the competition. Kudos also to Hunter, Daniel, Crozier, and Dunkley all outstanding today and for really helping drive the team forward in the last month.

bulldogtragic
25-08-2018, 07:37 PM
1. I knew Lynch was quick, loved attaching and wasn't a great defensive HBF. I learned he's a quick, loves to attack and still not great defensive speedy forward capable of hitting the scoreboard and bringing others into the game. With 500 HBF on the list, maybe we have a role for him, the role JJ auditioned for earlier in the year.

2. If we can bring this, with many good players to come back in, and a war chest of salary cap and an 'aggressive' stance in the trade period, I hope hard work and a fresh start brings about renewed fortunes.

3. I learned a medium forward rookie list player in his first year can win the leading goal kicker award. I didn't think I'd ever say that!

Ghost Dog
25-08-2018, 08:08 PM
1. Richmond are not as good as I thought. I honestly didn't think we would get that close.
2. I would not be as willing to let Roughy go as some.
3. Jack Mac is probably the most underrated midfielder in the comp. If he played for Collingwood or Richmond people would be going nuts. But I like him as he is. No sleeve tattoos, or buzz cut. Just a workhorse.

bulldogtragic
25-08-2018, 10:02 PM
1. Richmond are not as good as I thought. I honestly didn't think we would get that close.
2. I would not be as willing to let Roughy go as some.
3. Jack Mac is probably the most underrated midfielder in the comp. If he played for Collingwood or Richmond people would be going nuts. But I like him as he is. No sleeve tattoos, or buzz cut. Just a workhorse.

3. Yep. 13 X 30+ disposal games, and, 4 X 40+ disposal games. With a pulled hammy in the middle. I still don't understand who he seems so underrated, but I also don't u der stands how he wasn't on the leadership group this year. Hopefully both will change into next year, and an All Australian jacket.

westbulldog
26-08-2018, 12:51 AM
1. With even a reasonable run of injuries, we will make the 8 next year.
2. Richmond will not win the flag this year
3. Tom Boyd should not ruck more than 20% of a game next year with English and Trengrove doing the bulk..

westdog54
26-08-2018, 09:30 AM
1. There is enough talent for us to match it with the best.
2. I need to keep reminding myself that we managed to turn Jordan McMahon into Jack Macrae. Jackpot hit.
3. The race for the flag is wider open than it has been the last two years. There's no clear favourite at the moment.

GVGjr
26-08-2018, 10:55 AM
1. There is enough talent for us to match it with the best.
2. I need to keep reminding myself that we managed to turn Jordan McMahon into Jack Macrae. Jackpot hit.
3. The race for the flag is wider open than it has been the last two years. There's no clear favourite at the moment.

Via Cal Ward?

comrade
26-08-2018, 10:59 AM
Via Cal Ward?

Wasn't that long ago that Richmond's list management was the laughing stock of the competition, and now they seemingly haven't put a foot wrong for a few years.

What changed and how can we model it?

westdog54
26-08-2018, 11:01 AM
Via Cal Ward?

Correct. The only silver lining of ballsing up Ward's contract situation.

GVGjr
26-08-2018, 11:09 AM
Wasn't that long ago that Richmond's list management was the laughing stock of the competition, and now they seemingly haven't put a foot wrong for a few years.

Have they actually drafted that well or is it more of being well coached and having a team buy into a team orientated approach for a couple of years? It's probably a combination of staying healthy, a team approach and solid list management but they have been impressive.

GVGjr
26-08-2018, 11:10 AM

Have they actually drafted that well or is it more of being well coached and having a team buy into a team orientated approach for a couple of years? It's probably a combination of staying healthy, a team approach and solid list management but they have been impressive.

ratsmac
26-08-2018, 11:24 AM
1. We seem to have found our feet way too late.

2. We need Tom Boyd and Schache to learn how to clunk big pack marks up forward next year. A big dangerous forward is the missing ingredient. However the lack of one has taught us to lower the eyes and find other avenues to goal.

3. Caleb Daniel is back in fine form. Hopefully it doesn't vanish over the preseason again.

ratsmac
26-08-2018, 11:36 AM

Yeah they have had bugger all injuries which has gone a long way of getting them to where they are. We should be doing some poaching of our own for a change of their conditioning staff.

azabob
26-08-2018, 12:22 PM
1. We seem to have found our feet way too late.

2. We need Tom Boyd and Schache to learn how to clunk big pack marks up forward next year. A big dangerous forward is the missing ingredient. However the lack of one has taught us to lower the eyes and find other avenues to goal.

3. Caleb Daniel is back in fine form. Hopefully it doesn't vanish over the preseason again.

I think we have also been quiet settled for the last quarter of the season we haven't had to be making 4-5 changes each week.

Go_Dogs
26-08-2018, 01:19 PM

Discussed this yesterday while Graham was running riot. He's not a flashy type and you won't be the smartest person in the room when you pick him, until you do and he becomes a consistent contributor who does his role.

I don't think Richmond have drafted any better or worse than some other clubs, but they are well drilled and have good skills.

bornadog
26-08-2018, 02:08 PM
I think we have also been quiet settled for the last quarter of the season we haven't had to be making 4-5 changes each week.

Also suddenly the first year players have gained some experience and learnt to play together as a unit - makes a big difference

Happy Days
26-08-2018, 03:03 PM
1. I was trying to buy a car during this game. During this game I learnt that buying a car sucks.

2. Lynch is a better forward than defender, but doesn't have the amazing penetrating 55m kick I imagined he had. Still very encouraging game and pretty legit effort on that last shot.

3. Naughton's defending when the ball is on the ground could use some work, but he's already elite in the air.

Mantis
27-08-2018, 10:39 AM
2. Lynch is a better forward than defender, but doesn't have the amazing penetrating 55m kick I imagined he had. Still very encouraging game and pretty legit effort on that last shot.

His first goal was from outside 50m and traveled through the air reasoanbly quickly.. His kicking is the least of his concerns.

3. Naughton's defending when the ball is on the ground could use some work, but he's already elite in the air.

If this was basis the fumbling effort in the pocket that resulted in a Tiger goal he was a victim of circumstances (expected the ball to roll out) and also the fact he was totally gassed. He went off after this piece of play and he almost didn't make it before the ball was bounced again.

whythelongface
27-08-2018, 11:19 AM
1. We have a team that will be competitive next year. With the possible acquisition of some talent the future, once again, is looking rosy.
2. Trengrove and Crozier continued their good form. It took a while for them to settle in but both have showed that they are easily best 22. Trengrove moving to the ruck was an excellent decision by the MC.
3. We have unearthed talent at both ends of the ground with Gowers and Naughton. Naughton's marking on the weekend was fantastic. Reminded me of Lake. Gowers again hit the scoreboard - can't be certain of the statistic but i think he scored a major in all but one of the games he played in.

EasternWest
27-08-2018, 12:01 PM
2. Trengrove and Crozier continued their good form. It took a while for them to settle in but both have showed that they are easily best 22. Trengrove moving to the ruck was an excellent decision by the MC.

Settle down, Sandy Roberts. I'm still upset at the Caleb Daniels thing.

whythelongface
27-08-2018, 12:22 PM
Settle down, Sandy Roberts. I'm still upset at the Caleb Daniels thing.

yep my bad. Love my r's obviously :)

EasternWest
27-08-2018, 12:23 PM
yep my bad. Love my r's obviously :)

All good, just teasing.

Mofra
27-08-2018, 01:17 PM
1. We will head into the pre-season with some real momentum and some players having found their best position.

2. Our backline and mids can match it with anyone. A little bit of class forward of the ball would makes us so much more dangerous.

3. Richards shows glimpses every game of being the first player you'd want to tag as an opposition coach. Big call in a team with Macrae, Bont and JJ but he has an ability to just run through the lines then deliver well. A pre-season or two into that kid and he will be in our top handful of most important players on the list.

hujsh
27-08-2018, 07:23 PM
3. Richards shows glimpses every game of being the first player you'd want to tag as an opposition coach. Big call in a team with Macrae, Bont and JJ but he has an ability to just run through the lines then deliver well. A pre-season or two into that kid and he will be in our top handful of most important players on the list.

Reminds me of a young Griffen. Especially with that goal he kicked after that shimmy on the 50