PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Western Bulldogs Trade/Free Agency Period IN and OUT

Eastdog
10-10-2018, 02:01 AM
Not sure if this is required but I thought I’d start one anyway. This thread is for the posting on news of trades that have actually happened. Players or draft picks we have gained or lost. No rumours to be posted in this thread.

So far:

Luke Dahlhaus joins Geelong as an unrestricted free agent, Western Bulldogs receive a second-round compensation pick (No.25 at time of trade)
From Western Bulldogs

bulldogtragic
15-10-2018, 03:08 PM
Lloyd in

Ins

Lloyd

Outs

Dahlhaus

Requests or likely out

Adams
Roughead

Rocket Science
15-10-2018, 03:38 PM
Lloyd formally traded in for pick #64.

Lloyd inks a 2 year deal with us.

bulldogtragic
15-10-2018, 03:46 PM
2018 Dahl v Lloyd:

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=10&playerStatus2=A&tid2=15&type=A&pid1=3556&pid2=3976&fid1=S&fid2=S

Not much difference in output this year on averages, more goals to Lloyd obviously. In a sense we traded Dahlhaus & 64 - for - Lloyd & 27 and pocketed maybe $200,000 a year (less than Dahl is getting/would demand) for use towards M. Bontempelli.

So a fourth rounder for a good second rounder, players with not much separation on recent exposed form between them and salary cap to sign Bonti up. That's not a bad manoeuvre by Power to get up the draft order, replace a mature role player with another and work towards keeping Bonts.

Axe Man
15-10-2018, 03:50 PM
Given how cheaply players are being traded I though Lloyd could have been done for a pick downgrade rather than an outright pick.

1eyedog
15-10-2018, 03:54 PM
2018 Dahl v Lloyd:

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=10&playerStatus2=A&tid2=15&type=A&pid1=3556&pid2=3976&fid1=S&fid2=S

Not much difference in output this year on averages, more goals to Lloyd obviously. In a sense we traded Dahlhaus & 64 - for - Lloyd & 27 and pocketed maybe $200,000 a year (less than Dahl is getting/would demand) for use towards M. Bontempelli.

So a fourth rounder for a good second rounder, players with not much separation on recent exposed form between them and salary cap to sign Bonti up. That's not a bad manoeuvre by Power to get up the draft order, replace a mature role player with another and work towards keeping Bonts.

Shit Dahl's disposal efficiency is better than Lloyd's. Hopefully this has to do with the handball difference.

hujsh
15-10-2018, 03:58 PM
Shit Dahl's disposal efficiency is better than Lloyd's. Hopefully this has to do with the handball difference.

Feel like Dahl would have more disposals in the middle of the ground as well where there are more easy targets to hit.

bulldogtragic
15-10-2018, 04:02 PM

Their clangers are about the same, so I'm assuming the extra handballs per game average make up the extra efficiency number.

Ozza
15-10-2018, 05:23 PM
Given how cheaply players are being traded I though Lloyd could have been done for a pick downgrade rather than an outright pick.

I guess we also have to factor in, whether we think we will actually use pick 64. If we have several picks prior once Adams is out the door in addition to what we already hold, then there is a possibility pick 64 might either be irrelevant to us, or not impact who we may be targeting in the rookie draft.

Eastdog
15-10-2018, 09:12 PM
Roughy will be leaving and has been a good solid player with us but I personally would like to hang onto Adams but he may go as well. Marcus has been so unlucky with injury. It is good to bring someone in Sam Lloyd who has a bit of experience in the forward line.