PDA

View Full Version : The Half Way Through 2018 Trade Period Scorecard

bulldogtragic
11-10-2018, 09:03 PM
Outs?

Dahl - leaves for Pick 27 compo.
Roughy - shopped himself around. No takers at the minute. Who knows where or how this ends.
Adams - demands a trade with two years to go on his contract. FFS man.
(Pick 26 - was traded away last year)

Ins?

Wingard - made our interest public, official social media talking it up. A bust despite 'allegedly' a better trade and offer.
Lloyd - handy addition if it's pick 80 or later
Duryea - mentioned in an article. Please no. No. No. No.

Politely put, the last half of the trade period must be better than the four full 'official days' plus the leg work we've done prior to it with clubs and players. I don't want to put a score on it and I started this bloody thread.

Collingwood, Melbourne, Essendon & Hawthorn are stuck on Steven May. Maybe there's a chance for us to do something.

Go_Dogs
11-10-2018, 09:09 PM
Essendon always win trade week and it doesn't mean much...

I'm not worried. We threw an offer out on a potential A trade player (who hasn't been that the last few years) and we missed. We can go back to the draft and concentrate on developing our playing list while beginning to work on players like Josh Kelly. Yeah, we may be up against it again next year, but hard to see Geelong, Hawthorn, Essendon, Collingwood and Richmond having the room to compete given the signings they've made the past few years.

DOG GOD
11-10-2018, 09:19 PM
My prediction at this point...

Out - Dahl
Adams (forced to accept a pick in the 40’s)

Roughead to sign 1 year contract as will have no interest from other clubs.

In - lloyd for around pick 60 ish
And duryea IF Sydney get Langdon which I think they will

So out - Dahl and Adams
In - lloyd and duryea

Hmmmm .

Sedat
11-10-2018, 09:23 PM
You forgot we haven't yet signed up Libba and the FA window still has 24 hours to run. This is extremely important now that we haven't landed Wingard - Libba is a jet, plain and simple.

bulldogtragic
11-10-2018, 09:30 PM
You forgot we haven't yet signed up Libba and the FA window still has 24 hours to run. This is extremely important now that we haven't landed Wingard - Libba is a jet, plain and simple.

In all the Chadabalo I've forgotten about Libba. That best be remedied very quickly. I thought it was meant to be done by now by reporting.

DOG GOD
11-10-2018, 09:40 PM
So libba has to be signed by 5pm tomorrow ?

hujsh
11-10-2018, 09:40 PM
My prediction at this point...

Out - Dahl
Adams (forced to accept a pick in the 40’s)

Roughead to sign 1 year contract as will have no interest from other clubs.

In - lloyd for around pick 60 ish
And duryea IF Sydney get Langdon which I think they will

So out - Dahl and Adams
In - lloyd and duryea

Hmmmm .

He has 2 years left. We don't have to accept shit we don't want.

bulldogtragic
11-10-2018, 09:45 PM
Currently holding picks: 7, 27, 45, 63, 64, 82

I'd do the Brisbane trade for picks 41 & 44 as it's almost worth pick 24 in points. Then trade 27 for a decent player.

Pick 7 for draft or Steven May
Pick 27 for a player trade

41, 44, 45, 63, 64 (1,334 points) and any Roughy pick/compo (now unlikely) to cover West (pick 15) & Khamis (pick 33).

Pick 80 for Lloyd

Sign Libba, and Roughy if he can't find a new home

That's an improvement on the opening act.

Testekill
11-10-2018, 09:58 PM
So libba has to be signed by 5pm tomorrow ?

If someone wants him as a free agent then he has to be signed by then, he's signed with us until initial list lodgement.

angelopetraglia
11-10-2018, 10:16 PM
It appears we have zero ability to attract quality free agents or players on the move. It’s always the same usual suspects who are attracting the best available talent.

angelopetraglia
11-10-2018, 10:23 PM
Sam Edmund

Ryan Burton left shattered after @HawthornFC told him he'll be traded for Wingard. Overseas but was called late today to say he'll be sacrificed. @PAFC told the Hawks it would only deal with them if Burton was included. Burton only signed for 3yrs last yr.

How can Hawks continue to treat their players with such disregard and still create a culture where everyone buys into the team first philosophy?

bulldogtragic
11-10-2018, 10:27 PM
Sam Edmund

Ryan Burton left shattered after @HawthornFC told him he'll be traded for Wingard. Overseas but was called late today to say he'll be sacrificed. @PAFC told the Hawks it would only deal with them if Burton was included. Burton only signed for 3yrs last yr.

How can Hawks continue to treat their players with such disregard and still create a culture where everyone buys into the team first philosophy?

Yep. All for one and one for all, unless we want you gone irrespective of your contract like Sam Mitchell, Jordan Lewis & Ryan Burton (and allegedly wanted Roughead off the books too).

Testekill
11-10-2018, 10:30 PM
Sam Edmund

The Family Club

bulldogtragic
11-10-2018, 10:35 PM
The Family Club

Corleone Family... Good if you're Vito or Michael, not so much for Sonny, Fredo or Connie/Carlo.

Maybe Burton's overseas holiday was a fishing trip on a Lake Tahoe.

SlimPickens
11-10-2018, 10:44 PM
Hawks not giving the players exactly what they want. It’s a brave new world sports fans

Sedat
11-10-2018, 10:47 PM
Burton was ordinary this year and I reckon Clarko has pegged him before everyone else finds out.

angelopetraglia
11-10-2018, 10:47 PM
Where’s Burton?

Clarko: He sleeps with the fishes.

bulldogtragic
11-10-2018, 10:54 PM
Just an idea. Adelaide want up the order too. Our pick 7 would give them back to back selections.

They have 13, 16 & 21.

Do the two 40’s picks on Adams so we can trade pick 27. There’s enough points to cover West & Khamis.

Trade 7 & 27 - for - 13, 16 & 21.

Then use them all on good player trades. The risk of keeping them is too great. Could be a fun shopping trip.

DOG GOD
11-10-2018, 11:02 PM
Just an idea. Adelaide want up the order too. Our pick 7 would give them back to back selections.

They have 13, 16 & 21.

Do the two 40’s picks on Adams so we can trade pick 27. There’s enough points to cover West & Khamis.

Trade 7 & 27 - for - 13, 16 & 21.

Then use them all on good player trades. The risk of keeping them is too great. Could be a fun shopping trip.

What players out there could you see us targeting with those 3 pics ?

The Adelaide Connection
11-10-2018, 11:11 PM
Sam Edmund

If he has a three year deal can’t he refuse to go?

bulldogtragic
11-10-2018, 11:11 PM
What players out there could you see us targeting with those 3 pics ?

Anyone and everyone. I rate Steven May. SPP with 21 would give us another type of player. Does Beams really want to come to Victoria? A high pressure small forward of talent and output would be nice. Scully seems to be rumoured to leave if we had interest. GWS have a host of players worth looking at. We could go a year early on Josh Kelly with 13 & 16 &/or 2019 1st. Maybe try to bring a local boy home like Duggan.

I’m sure Sam Power would be a popular kid if clubs knew we had good picks to part with.

bulldogtragic
11-10-2018, 11:12 PM

Yep. That was the issue with O’Meara. Breust & Cicily refused.

hujsh
11-10-2018, 11:34 PM

It would be oh so sweet if he said 'I want out and I nominate ____ who isn't Port as my preferred destination and will not be accepting a trade to any other club'

Greystache
12-10-2018, 10:31 AM
Where’s Burton?

Clarko: He sleeps with the fishes.

Fat Tony: You mean he's dead?

Clarko: No, what I said is that he sleeps with the fishes! You see...

Fat Tony: Uh, Clarko, please, no. I just ate a whole plate of dingamagoo. *Exits aquarium*

Twodogs
12-10-2018, 03:38 PM
Fat Tony: You mean he's dead?

Clarko: No, what I said is that he sleeps with the fishes! You see...

Fat Tony: Uh, Clarko, please, no. I just ate a whole plate of dingamagoo. *Exits aquarium*

Isn't sleeping with fishes why Selma left Troy Maclure?

DOG GOD
13-10-2018, 11:13 AM
Anyone and everyone. I rate Steven May. SPP with 21 would give us another type of player. Does Beams really want to come to Victoria? A high pressure small forward of talent and output would be nice. Scully seems to be rumoured to leave if we had interest. GWS have a host of players worth looking at. We could go a year early on Josh Kelly with 13 & 16 &/or 2019 1st. Maybe try to bring a local boy home like Duggan.

I’m sure Sam Power would be a popular kid if clubs knew we had good picks to part with.

I like your thinking. I certainly wouldn’t be against what your suggesting. If we are destined to trade pick 7, then to get our hands on crows 13 and 16 and 21 would be of great benefit, as long as we new we had players to target.

If we could get Kelly for 13, 16 and 2019 1st with a little bit returned, I’d do that in a heartbeat.

SonofScray
14-10-2018, 09:51 AM
The overall position seems to be that we need to strengthen the list through the addition of sone experienced bodies. It's a logical place to land, but fraught with danger if you do it just for the sake of it. Still has to be about roles and talent.

Lloyd isn't the sexiest trade but makes sense given fwd line woes, Dahl leaving and Dickson flaky injury run.

I hope we don't over do it and go for other trades of this nature. No one really stands out as a target. Wingard as a mercurial, X factor type would have been enticing. We are lacking a bit of flair and marking power. With Adams potentially going home, that's where I'd be looking to add the experience. May would be ideal, if unlikely.

It's as much about continuity as it is age/experience. Get our current talent settled and playing regularly and fill the gaps. Moving on from injury prone players is a wise move.

I am luke warm about how we are going this silly season. Some good, somewhat conservative decisions but nothing to really lick our lips at yet.

G-Mo77
14-10-2018, 10:07 AM
Only deals we really know about was the Wingard and Llyod deals with Adam's potentially departing.

Wingard would have been perfect. I'm really disappointed we missed that. He's gone now so I hope we've not spent too much time working on that and waiting time.

Lloyd I'm not overly excited about but he will be starting 22 in Round 1. I'm genuinely happy with getting him as mentioned above not a sexy selection but will add depth to our young list and give us someone who can actually kick straight.

Adam's I can see us buckling and giving him up for a 3rd. Don't do it! For god sakes make them work!

ledge
14-10-2018, 12:13 PM
Only deals we really know about was the Wingard and Llyod deals with Adam's potentially departing.

Wingard would have been perfect. I'm really disappointed we missed that. He's gone now so I hope we've not spent too much time working on that and waiting time.

Lloyd I'm not overly excited about but he will be starting 22 in Round 1. I'm genuinely happy with getting him as mentioned above not a sexy selection but will add depth to our young list and give us someone who can actually kick straight.

Adam's I can see us buckling and giving him up for a 3rd. Don't do it! For god sakes make them work!

I see the Adams deal depending on the lions other deals and what they get in draft picks. Here’s a curly one .. Beames wants to come back to Melbourne is he happy with not going to the pies and just getting back , could be an Adams / Beames swap or Beames to pies and we get what the pies give the lions ?

AshMac
16-10-2018, 09:00 AM
I see the Adams deal depending on the lions other deals and what they get in draft picks. Here’s a curly one .. Beames wants to come back to Melbourne is he happy with not going to the pies and just getting back , could be an Adams / Beames swap or Beames to pies and we get what the pies give the lions ?

I’d be over the moon with either Beams or a Collingwood compo for the trade, but I don’t think anyone who doesn’t support the dogs would be. Both have issues with injury and both are a good age, but Beams is genuinely elite IMO.