PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Fixture

GVGjr
27-10-2018, 11:18 PM
Well it's the Swans on a Saturday night as our first game

The Western Bulldogs will host the Sydney Swans at Marvel Stadium to kick-off the 2019 AFL season.

After being the away team for the last two seasons, the Dogs have been given the opportunity to host their opening round fixture.

They will play the Swans in the prime Saturday night slot, on March 23 at 7.25pm AEDT. The game will be broadcast on Channel 7.

More (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-10-27/dogs-to-host-swans-in-2019-opener)

Eastdog
27-10-2018, 11:25 PM
Great to start the season playing at Marvel and it being a home game.

angelopetraglia
27-10-2018, 11:42 PM
Fantastic opening fixture for the club. Let’s pack it out. 147 days to go.

jeemak
28-10-2018, 02:38 AM
Excellent result.

comrade
28-10-2018, 08:51 AM
That's good news.

azabob
28-10-2018, 09:17 AM
Perfect first up game. Crowd will be good 30K+ and a genuine chance to win.

Go_Dogs
28-10-2018, 09:57 AM
We've had some cracking games against Sydney over the past 4 years. This should be no exception.

KT31
28-10-2018, 12:50 PM
Great result, supporters really need to get to this one and show we are worthy.
Is it wrong of me to be sceptical and think that with such a great game to start the season off with that the rest of our fixture will be poor.

GVGjr
29-10-2018, 02:34 PM
Our 2 JLT games have been announced

Sunday 3rd of March vs Gold Coast Suns in Mackay at 6.40pm
Sunday 10th of March vs St Kilda in Ballarat at 4.10pm.

I might look to have the following Mondays off and go to the games

Axe Man
29-10-2018, 02:40 PM
Our 2 JLT games have been announced

Sunday 3rd of March vs Gold Coast Suns in Mackay at 6.40pm
Sunday 10th of March vs St Kilda in Ballarat at 4.10pm.

I might look to have the following Mondays off and go to the games

Monday 11th of March will be the Labour Day holiday.

LostDoggy
29-10-2018, 06:53 PM
Apparently we have Hawks at Marvel away in round two

GVGjr
29-10-2018, 06:57 PM

Thanks, that's a game I really want to win

bulldogsthru&thru
29-10-2018, 09:26 PM

So we finally get a big vic club at our home ground and we’re playing away to an MCG tenant?

chef
29-10-2018, 09:36 PM
Im happy to play the Hawks away at our home.

MrMahatma
29-10-2018, 11:35 PM
Looks like we’re not getting Good Friday, and the AFEL is slowly transitioning that fixture to one that’ll include two big clubs... North to play Richmond or Essendon this year.

Throughandthrough
30-10-2018, 09:44 AM
According to the Adelaide Sunday Mail on the weekend, they had "all the first round matches". Apart from the Dogs v Swans one which was omitted

sigh..

hujsh
30-10-2018, 01:06 PM
It'll be pretty funny if North lose it after their insistence it should include 1 of the bigger clubs (mostly Carlton).

GVGjr
30-10-2018, 01:27 PM
It'll be pretty funny if North lose it after their insistence it should include 1 of the bigger clubs (mostly Carlton).

I think they will be given another chance at it. The AFL seems committed to them

Remi Moses
30-10-2018, 02:30 PM
The afl really is WWE
Just bring in Vince McMahon

hujsh
30-10-2018, 03:36 PM
I think they will be given another chance at it. The AFL seems committed to them

After this year of course.

GVGjr
30-10-2018, 10:10 PM
Dogs to host Lions, Crows in Ballarat (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-10-30/dogs-to-host-lions-crows-in-ballarat)

The Western Bulldogs will host the Brisbane Lions and the Adelaide Crows as their two Ballarat opponents next season.

The AFL has revealed the Club’s two Mars Stadium matches ahead this Thursday’s official release of the 2019 fixture.

The Dogs will host the Lions in Round 8 on Saturday, May 11 at 1.45pm, and the Crows in Round 23 (the league’s floating fixture, with a date and time yet to be announced).

It will be the first time Brisbane and Adelaide have travelled to Ballarat for an official AFL match, with the Bulldogs having played Port Adelaide (twice) and the Gold Coast Suns in their previous three encounters.

Two very tough teams to beat. It will be a test

Sedat
30-10-2018, 10:14 PM
Dogs to host Lions, Crows in Ballarat (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-10-30/dogs-to-host-lions-crows-in-ballarat)

The Western Bulldogs will host the Brisbane Lions and the Adelaide Crows as their two Ballarat opponents next season.

The AFL has revealed the Club’s two Mars Stadium matches ahead this Thursday’s official release of the 2019 fixture.

The Dogs will host the Lions in Round 8 on Saturday, May 11 at 1.45pm, and the Crows in Round 23 (the league’s floating fixture, with a date and time yet to be announced).

It will be the first time Brisbane and Adelaide have travelled to Ballarat for an official AFL match, with the Bulldogs having played Port Adelaide (twice) and the Gold Coast Suns in their previous three encounters.

Two very tough teams to beat. It will be a test
Good result and both fixtures very smart timing. Good opponents as well.

bulldogtragic
30-10-2018, 10:16 PM
Good result and both fixtures very smart timing. Good opponents as well.

Yep. Now if we can learn to defend tall forwards in the wing and rain, that's 'if', we should be optimistic about the outcome in both games.

Tom Boyd on Marcus Adams would be good for us too, re above.

Pickenitup
30-10-2018, 10:30 PM
Great result re Ballarat games also heard we may have Pies early in year as a home game

Eastdog
31-10-2018, 09:35 AM
All to be revealed tomorrow.

Axe Man
31-10-2018, 10:29 AM
No return to Cairns for us this year:

Meanwhile, Townsville will host an AFL game for premiership points for the first time.

Gold Coast and St Kilda will travel north in round 13 to play at Riverway Stadium on June 15.

The Townsville fixture replaces the Suns' annual game in Cairns at Cazaly's Stadium, with the club having hosted a match at the venue for the past eight seasons.

Guess we will play them on the Gold Coast since they aren't returning to Ballarat. Unless we play them in Melbourne for only the second time ever?

craigsahibee
01-11-2018, 01:18 PM
It's out now.

Good fixture for us if you like watching local footy on a Saturday afternoon. Not too many Saturday arvo games for us.

GVGjr
01-11-2018, 02:27 PM
A reasonable fixture I suppose. Not great but not bad.
Still if we get on to a bit of a roll we won't really care about who we are playing and when.

angelopetraglia
01-11-2018, 02:30 PM
A single prime time Thursday or Friday night slot for us. One?

Bombers miss finals. They are rewarded with Four Friday nights. Two Thursday nights. Good Friday. Anzac Day. Dreamtime Game. It's a f@#$%^ disgrace.

josie
01-11-2018, 02:44 PM

Bombers miss finals. They are rewarded with Four Friday nights. Two Thursday nights. Good Friday. Anzac Day. Dreamtime Game. It's a f@#$%^ disgrace.

Agree wholeheartedly. Cheat, lie, endanger health of young folk and ...drum roll.....rewarded with prime time and blockbuster slots. Hope they have a truly rotten year. Cannot decide if they or Great Waste of Space are more worthy of my wrath. $ is all the AFL cares about, that and looking after the (quite a number of) ugly behemoths the AFL creates or allows to prosper year in year out.

Our fixture not bad from perspective of every opportunity to make finals.Go Dogs!!

bulldogtragic
01-11-2018, 03:16 PM

In a comparison, it's bullshit for sure. But stand our claim on its own, we had numerous 'no goal' quarters and 'no goal' halves of footy this year. In an ugly looking year where we pretty much beat other poor teams. That makes it hard to select us unfortunately. That said, Carlton & Essendon don't get held to them standard.

G-Mo77
01-11-2018, 04:11 PM
It is what it is. We were given quite a few prime time games last season and we embarrassed ourselves on National TV on nearly every occasion. Sunday time slot suits me personally so not really upset. I've lost so much interest in the AFL as a whole to even care who gets the leg up and who doesn't with fixturing.

bornadog
01-11-2018, 04:39 PM
Fixture Analysis - link (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-11-01/2019-afl-fixture-analysis)

Marvel Stadium

Play 12 matches at the venue (same number as in 2018), including nine home games.
Play six Victorian teams as home games at the venue – Carlton, Richmond, North Melbourne, Collingwood, Geelong, Melbourne.
Play three non-Victorian teams at the venue - Gold Coast, Sydney and Fremantle.

Ballarat

Two home games at Mars Stadium against the Brisbane Lions (Round 8) and Adelaide Crows (Round 23).

MCG

Two away games at the venue in 2019 (same number as in 2018), against Hawthorn in Round 2 and Collingwood in Round 4.

Interstate

Travel interstate five times in 2019 (the same number as 2018, and less than the league average).
Interstate trips to Perth (Round 6 v Fremantle and Round 11 v West Coast), Adelaide (Round 15 v Port Adelaide), Brisbane (Round 20) and Sydney (Round 22 v GWS).

Other fixture facts

Host the season opener against Sydney to launch the recently renamed Marvel Stadium.
First five games of the season in Melbourne (three at Marvel Stadium and two at the MCG).
Play once: Richmond, GWS Giants, Adelaide, Sydney, Essendon, St Kilda, Hawthorn, Gold Coast Suns, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, West Coast.
Play twice: Collingwood, Geelong, Fremantle, Brisbane, Carlton.
Play only one of the 2018 top six twice in 2019 (Collingwood).
Only one Friday night game (down from four in 2018) – an away fixture against Collingwood in Round 4.
Have a bye in Round 12 (weekend of June 8-9), following the Round 11 trip to Perth to play the Eagles.
Six out of seven games at Marvel Stadium directly after the bye round.
Last home match is Round 23 v Adelaide in Ballarat.
Last game at Marvel Stadium is Round 21 (v Essendon).
Two interstate trips in the last four rounds of the season.

Timeslots*

0 Thursday night games (1 in 2018)
1 Friday night game (4 in 2018)
2 Saturday afternoon game (3 in 2018)
1 Saturday twilight game (2 in 2018)
7 Saturday night games (5 in 2018)
7 Sunday afternoon games (7 in 2018)
3 Sunday twilight games (0 in 2018)

Network coverage*

Channel 7 – 10 games (11 in 2018)
Fox Footy – 11 games (11 in 2018)

*Note: The Round 23 home-and-away fixture for 2019 is a floating one, with date, time and broadcaster to be confirmed late in the season.

Sedat
01-11-2018, 06:07 PM
Those red and black pieces of shit have absolutely nowhere to hide next year. This could explode in theirs and the AFL’s faces - they are no guarantees whatsoever to even make finals in 2019. Who is going to make way currently in the top 8? All of Adelaide, Norf and Port could easily jump ahead of them as well. Even we could with a decent injury run.

AshMac
01-11-2018, 06:43 PM
7 Sunday games 3.20 or later

bornadog
01-11-2018, 06:47 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dq5WYlKU8AA9mML.jpg

Grantysghost
01-11-2018, 06:49 PM
7 Sunday games 3.20 or later

Back to our natural environment...... 'twas a good ride. Seven Etihad home games makes our memberships a little less valuable considering you have to pay to get into Ballarat. The last game there in round 19 too not a big fan of although better than last season. It's a draw that could see us push for the eight again that's for sure.

bornadog
01-11-2018, 06:51 PM
Back to our natural environment...... 'twas a good ride. Seven Etihad home games makes our memberships a little less valuable considering you have to pay to get into Ballarat. The last game there in round 19 too not a big fan of although better than last season. It's a draw that could see us push for the eight again that's for sure.

Nine home games at Marvel.

12 altogether at Marvel - we need to win every one of them

Grantysghost
01-11-2018, 06:54 PM
Nine home games at Marvel.

12 altogether at Marvel - we need to win every one of them

Apologies I took two from the 9 instead of the 11. Right you are, though still think it dilutes it slightly really should get into Ballarat for free. I don't mind going there however members shouldn't have to pay. Yes fair call we have to win a fair chunk of them. Our form there recently hasn't been great. (Or anywhere !)

G-Mo77
01-11-2018, 07:00 PM
Apologies I took two from the 9 instead of the 11. Right you are, though still think it dilutes it slightly really should get into Ballarat for free. I don't mind going there however members shouldn't have to pay. Yes fair call we have to win a fair chunk of them. Our form there recently hasn't been great. (Or anywhere !)

This. We shouldn't have to pay extra, especially those with a reserved seat who lose it and pay the same price. They need to - the equivalent of 2 reserved seat games on the membership total if they continue to go there. I'm not afraid to say it, I hate it. I see no value in it long term and think it's a complete waste of time.

Rocket Science
01-11-2018, 07:15 PM
So the trade off for next to no marquee games appears to be a comparatively cushy draw.

Let's see if we can capitalise.

Scraggers
01-11-2018, 08:30 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dq5WYlKU8AA9mML.jpg

If I were a Wet Toast supporter, I'd be pretty peeved. Win a Grand Final and your team gets showcased 4 times !!

Same thing happened to us in 2017, but we don't have 60,000 members.

Eastdog
01-11-2018, 09:07 PM
Would have liked more Saturday afternoon games personally but happy with the Saturday night games and Sunday afternoon games. 1 Friday night game is dissapointing and not having a marquee game but if all goes right some of our players pick up form no injuries we are a chance to play finals.

FrediKanoute
02-11-2018, 01:11 AM
Agree wholeheartedly. Cheat, lie, endanger health of young folk and ...drum roll.....rewarded with prime time and blockbuster slots. Hope they have a truly rotten year. Cannot decide if they or Great Waste of Space are more worthy of my wrath. $ is all the AFL cares about, that and looking after the (quite a number of) ugly behemoths the AFL creates or allows to prosper year in year out.

Our fixture not bad from perspective of every opportunity to make finals.Go Dogs!!

They pull crowds and TV viewers. Its pretty simple. What we can hope for is that the Bombers have a season similar to last year, but play horrible footy that turns people away.

The Bulldogs Bite
02-11-2018, 10:31 AM
Only two things frustrate me about the fixture and they both relate to Essendon - them getting Good Friday and them getting 8 primetime slots for finishing outside the 8.

How does the AFL justify rewarding a cheating, scumbag of a club who were prepared to put lives in jeopardy to win? Going over old ground I know but FFS, their punishment was for 1 season in which at the end of it they received PICK 1! Then along came this sickening story of a 'remarkable comeback'.

I *!*!*!*!ing hate that club and how easily they got out of that saga AND now are being rewarded and for what - finishing outside the 8?

The bulldog tragician
02-11-2018, 12:10 PM
Only two things frustrate me about the fixture and they both relate to Essendon - them getting Good Friday and them getting 8 primetime slots for finishing outside the 8.

How does the AFL justify rewarding a cheating, scumbag of a club who were prepared to put lives in jeopardy to win? Going over old ground I know but FFS, their punishment was for 1 season in which at the end of it they received PICK 1! Then along came this sickening story of a 'remarkable comeback'.

I *!*!*!*!ing hate that club and how easily they got out of that saga AND now are being rewarded and for what - finishing outside the 8?

I cannot LIKE this post enough. Sickening indeed. I always thought the most fitting punishment for their cheating would be for them to lose their blockbuster games. The spirit of the Anzacs hardly fits with the sordid tale of fridges filled with syringes and unknown potions being tried on guinea pig players. Let’s hope they embarrass themselves on each and every occasion.

hujsh
02-11-2018, 12:21 PM

Haven't you heard it was all Dank and none of the coaches were involved and also other clubs also did offsite injections and WADA is corrupt but also so is CAS and also so is the Swiss court and the AFL just wanted to fine Essendon for the money even though they probably lost more over the next year?

^^^Essentially the arguments I've had with a bloody Geelong supporter of all things.

bornadog
02-11-2018, 06:07 PM

Along with the other cheats (Carlton), my most hated clubs.

Eastdog
13-02-2019, 01:22 AM
https://membership.westernbulldogs.com.au/replacement-games-2

Blockbuster replacement games for Western Bulldogs access members

Western Bulldogs members are set for an exciting year in 2019, with access to two big blockbuster replacement games. With the Western Bulldogs playing two of its allocated 11 home games in Ballarat this year, access members who are unable to attend those matches will be able to go to the two allocated replacement games in Melbourne.

Replacement game details:

Round 4

Collingwood, MCG

7:50pm Friday 12 April 2019

Round 21

Essendon, Marvel Stadium

7:25pm Saturday 10 August

General admission entry is always subject to capacity and may not be guaranteed should the stadium, advise capacity has been reached.

Member access

• Both 2019 home and home & away access members will be able to gain entry to general admission areas available at the above matches.

• Reserved seat holders will not have access to a reserved seat at these games but can access general admission areas.

• Members can upgrade from general admission to a reserved seat for these matches when tickets go on-sale in 2019 and replacement matches are announced. You will be required to enter your 12 digit barcode to access the discounted member prices.

westdog54
14-02-2019, 12:47 AM
Given the ridiculous fill-out Essendon get when they have home games at Docklands I can't help but feel short changed by this. If Essendon are having a half decent season our members will have little to no access to this game.

Axe Man
14-02-2019, 10:44 AM
Given the ridiculous fill-out Essendon get when they have home games at Docklands I can't help but feel short changed by this. If Essendon are having a half decent season our members will have little to no access to this game.

If it wan't a replacement game we would likely have to purchase a full priced reserve seat. This way we can purchase a cheaper reserved seat if we want.

Anyway the games they are replacing are in Ballarat and not China, it's not all that difficult for most members in Melbourne to attend Ballarat games. I travel the same distance to attend any game in Melbourne.