PDA

View Full Version : Eade v Rose

Pedro Sanchez
06-02-2008, 11:07 PM
Can anyone either substantiate or disprove the story floating around about Eade and Rose having a punch up? The rumour also claims that Eade is now set to quit...

Its pretty ordinary that such a story is circulating at this time of year... Ideally we want full momentum in the lead up to the 08 season. Not trivial crap like this derailing the campaign.

Here's hoping its just an off season story filler...

LostDoggy
06-02-2008, 11:30 PM
There is speculation that a level of unrest between the two of them still exists. This was confirmed to me back in early January. Now they are big boys and they just need to get over it and I would think they will. You would hope when the club announced that everything was sorted that it was. The club has put together an extensive football department that allows Eade to do what he does best and that is coach the side and Rose just needs to keep working out ways to produce profits and positive outcomes for the club. Worrying about what happened last year is not productive.

I dont place too much on what the 3aw rumour file says because they often just try and create headlines.

hujsh
06-02-2008, 11:40 PM
If you don't want to get bummed out then don't go onto the 3aw thread on BF. I refuse to believe it untill i hear proof.

Pedro Sanchez
06-02-2008, 11:41 PM
Geez not only are they both grown men - but they're pretty well experienced grown men at that! It's not like there young, dumb and full of the proverbial...

I'm sure Eade throughout his career has faced many taunts and ribbings from opponents... To be as successful as he has re his playing days with the Hawks, he must have laughed it off and got on with the job. I'm not saying he's the victim here but why can't he apply the same fundamental principles to this scenario.

Regardless if the rumour is accurate, its still concerning the issues between both parties aren't resolved to at least a professional level.

GVGjr
06-02-2008, 11:50 PM
I don't think there is too much truth in all this but I actually want two senior people to challenge each other in a positive manner regardless if they have had their share of differences in the past. Challenging the status quo vigorously can be a good thing.
No good closing things down and not communicating.
They are professionals who can have a spat and get over it quickly.

Pedro Sanchez
06-02-2008, 11:57 PM
I don't think there is too much truth in all this but I actually want two senior people to challenge each other in a positive manner regardless if they have had their share of differences in the past. Challenging the status quo vigorously can be a good thing.
No good closing things down and not communicating.
They are professionals who can have a spat and get over it quickly.

I'm all for robust relationships and professional rigour in the work place... unfortunately the consistent impression I get from the Eade / Rose issues don't affirm these sentiments. The infomation is always I hate him and vice versa... Hardly professional etiquette in any industry.

Like I wrote from the outset hopefully this is just boring rumours being promoted to 'sex' up the start of the season.

FrediKanoute
06-02-2008, 11:58 PM
From the character of the two of them, a punch up would seem unlikely and simply the rumour mill. They probably still have differences of opinion whcih as GVJR has alluded to can be a positive especially at a club which has embraced a doctrine of mediocrity. Neither Eade nor Rose have been accustomed in their respective careers to that level of mediocrity!

BulldogBelle
07-02-2008, 12:00 AM
Eade & Rose have had their differences, it is time for them to move on and co-exist. The review happened - Eade was relieved of additional duties to concentrate on his coaching, enter Fantasia to pick up the remaining slack of it.

There was a small volcano still simmering between them after the review - but for the most part it is manageable...but still is a little volatile at times. They are professionals and should now just get on with the job.

Dry Rot
07-02-2008, 01:39 AM
Geez not only are they both grown men - but they're pretty well experienced grown men at that! It's not like there young, dumb and full of the proverbial...

I'm sure Eade throughout his career has faced many taunts and ribbings from opponents... To be as successful as he has re his playing days with the Hawks, he must have laughed it off and got on with the job. I'm not saying he's the victim here but why can't he apply the same fundamental principles to this scenario.

Regardless if the rumour is accurate, its still concerning the issues between both parties aren't resolved to at least a professional level.

I'd bet you're on the money, but I'd look at Eade's background beyond the Hawks and as a senior coach at another club.

ledge
07-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Pedro it seems no one can prove or disprove your question, i would have thought the club would have come out with a big denial if it wasnt true because the last thing we need is to scare off prospective members. Then again every club has spin doctors just how the club handles rumours is anybodys guess, right or wrong.

The Coon Dog
07-02-2008, 12:22 PM
I can confirm that the rumours are untrue.

Rocket & Campbell Rose have a terrific working relationship now & Rocket is very appreciative of Campbell's efforts regarding the redevelopment & the benefits enjoyed as a result for the football department.

LostDoggy
07-02-2008, 12:45 PM
*I can confirm there is substance to the rumours*

There has been a lot of hostility between Eade and Rose for awhile now they have tried to hose it down as much as possible to the media and fans.

aker39
07-02-2008, 12:48 PM
I can confirm that the rumours are untrue.

Rocket & Campbell Rose have a terrific working relationship now & Rocket is very appreciative of Campbell's efforts regarding the redevelopment & the benefits enjoyed as a result for the football department.

*I can confirm there is substance to the rumours*

There has been a lot of hostility between Eade and Rose for awhile now they have tried to hose it down as much as possible to the media and fans.

Houston, we have a problem

ledge
07-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Aker39 so true, so true. So just who is in the know?
I Am tempted to go with CD even if he is an ex braybrook player!
Seems to have a lot to do with the club and always pushing his sons head in with the players, so im thinking he would know of any rumblings.
Charmdog sorry but i dont know how much know you have at the club and how much time you spend there, i could be wrong!!
Has anyone got Eades or Roses phone number i will ring and ask!
A punch up hey, i wonder if the players gathered around and said fight, fight, fight. lol
sounds a bit like a school yard thing to me.

The Coon Dog
07-02-2008, 01:08 PM
A punch up hey, i wonder if the players gathered around and said fight, fight, fight. lol
sounds a bit like a school yard thing to me.

If true, I think the ramifications could be far more severe than 'six of the best'.

ledge
07-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Well good point CD im sure a punch up would have been bye bye Rodney,as the coach is always first to go.
i dont know of any business where an employee can punch an employer and get away with it.