PDA

View Full Version : The League Injuries Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Testekill
10-12-2018, 08:11 PM
The preseason injuries have already started with Sam Docherty set to miss his second season in a row following him rupturing the same ACL that he had previously injured. This is terrible news to everyone but Adelaide as Docherty has become a pretty handy player and was named co-captain of Carlton not even two months ago.

GVGjr
10-12-2018, 08:42 PM
The preseason injuries have already started with Sam Docherty set to miss his second season in a row following him rupturing the same ACL that he had previously injured. This is terrible news to everyone but Adelaide as Docherty has become a pretty handy player and was named co-captain of Carlton not even two months ago.

He looked in great condition to. I really feel sorry for him and the Blues really needed him back.

bulldogtragic
10-12-2018, 10:24 PM
That's going to hurt them again. I thought Adelaide were always going to get pick 1, but this type of good senior player out for the season probably secures them irrelevancy and another spoon. Get well Sam, and get *!*!*!*!ed Carlton.

bornadog
10-12-2018, 11:55 PM
New rule gives Blues time to find Docherty replacement (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-10/new-rule-gives-blues-time-to-find-docherty-replacement)

Axe Man
11-12-2018, 10:22 AM
Menzel out until February after groin surgery, maybe we dodged a bullet there.

Happy Days
11-12-2018, 10:57 AM

I think it's less that we dodged a bullet and more that Sydney voluntarily walked in front of one

Twodogs
11-12-2018, 12:20 PM

In all seriousness that's just shit luck for him. He doesn't have a history of groin problems does he?

Axe Man
11-12-2018, 01:09 PM
In all seriousness that's just shit luck for him. He doesn't have a history of groin problems does he?

Missed a large chunk of 2018 due to his groin (insert groin jokes here).

Mofra
11-12-2018, 01:12 PM
He was managing it ok until Geelong gave him some kind of groin injection after the first 4-6 weeks of the season, his season was ruined.

He's just not durable. Poor guy but that's football.

Twodogs
11-12-2018, 01:49 PM

Didn't know that. I just assume if he's injured that it's his knee.

GVGjr
11-12-2018, 07:56 PM
New rule gives Blues time to find Docherty replacement (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-10/new-rule-gives-blues-time-to-find-docherty-replacement)

I wonder if they will add a 2nd Goddard to their playing list?

Happy Days
12-12-2018, 04:13 PM
I wonder if they will add a 2nd Goddard to their playing list?

Not really their MO to add old rubbish players - more GWS's style.

Now if he was 25 and maybe a little worse they'd be all over him.

Bulldog Joe
13-12-2018, 10:06 AM
Not really their MO to add old rubbish players - more GWS's style.

Now if he was 25 and maybe a little worse they'd be all over him.

Surely they will only look at delisted GWS players. Isn't that their recruiting system?

ratsmac
13-12-2018, 09:55 PM
Surely they will only look at delisted GWS players. Isn't that their recruiting system?

Haha true. The turn coat better turn his phone back on. He could be a chance!

Mofra
14-12-2018, 09:56 AM
They have two mids training with them for that one spot, one of which is Gibbons from Willy.
I don't know what role he plays at AFL level given he's a 175cm ball magnet mid at VFL level but it would be great to see him get his chance. God knows Carlton could do with an extra mature body in their rotation as Dow and Walsh develop.
Murphy's getting long in the tooth and after Cripps, Ed Curnow and Fisher their cupboard looks bare.

Twodogs
15-12-2018, 12:43 PM
Haha true. The turn coat better turn his phone back on. He could be a chance!

"Ryan, there's somebody called SOS on the phone"

Axe Man
18-12-2018, 10:30 AM
Majak Daw with a broken hip after an incident on the Bolte Bridge last night. Found in the Yarra River! What on earth is going on here?

Edit: Don't want to jump to any conclusions here but doesn't sound great, hopefully he is ok.

bulldogtragic
18-12-2018, 10:50 AM
Majak Daw with a broken hip after an incident on the Bolte Bridge last night. Found in the Yarra River! What on earth is going on here?

Edit: Don't want to jump to any conclusions here but doesn't sound great, hopefully he is ok.

Media just using the word ‘fall’. But giving details of life line and beyond blue. Not good.

EasternWest
18-12-2018, 11:01 AM
Media just using the word ‘fall’. But giving details of life line and beyond blue. Not good.

How terrible. I hope he's ok. I hope he can get the help he needs.

Testekill
18-12-2018, 11:11 AM
It reads a lot like a suicide attempt. Hopefully he can find the help that he desperately needs

bulldogtragic
18-12-2018, 11:23 AM
How terrible. I hope he's ok. I hope he can get the help he needs.

It reads a lot like a suicide attempt. Hopefully he can find the help that he desperately needs

There will be some pressure to not involuntarily detain him for a short period (to ensure he gets that help), but hopefully his family and footy club understand that this may be the best thing at this moment. It's always sad to see any person feel like there's no way out of a situation other than this.

Smads57
18-12-2018, 04:55 PM
Don’t like reading this. One of the best match ups in games this year was Majak vs Alir. Look after him NMFC.

bornadog
11-01-2019, 12:12 PM
Tom Mitchell in hospital for suspected broken leg

The Adelaide Connection
11-01-2019, 12:34 PM
Tom Mitchell in hospital for suspected broken leg

Apparently was on the green whistle. Not sure if this speaks to the severity though.

Sedat
11-01-2019, 12:44 PM
We should take a moment to think about those poor 3yo Hawk supporters who still haven't seen their team win a flag in their lifetime

The Adelaide Connection
11-01-2019, 01:35 PM
They are reporting that on Foxfooty that it is likely season. Sounds like a Mitch Wallis/Stringer/Brown style situation.

Axe Man
11-01-2019, 01:48 PM
Shocking news for Tom.

I think Hawthorn were a fair chance to miss the 8 this year anyway, this should make it very difficult for them.

Mofra
11-01-2019, 02:38 PM
Hard to see them doing much now. Wingard isn't a Mitchell.

Testekill
11-01-2019, 02:44 PM
You'd think that it's a full fib/tib break if he's confirmed out for the season.

BornInDroopSt'54
11-01-2019, 03:17 PM
I'm sorry for Tom but not for the club that has had Lady Luck in bondage for decades.

Twodogs
11-01-2019, 08:11 PM
I'm sorry for Tom but not for the club that has had Lady Luck in bondage for decades.

Not to mention the 'Free kick Hawthorn' attitude the umpires have had for the last decade.

Go_Dogs
12-01-2019, 08:33 AM
It's a tough sport...hope the surgery goes well and he has a smooth recovery.

EasternWest
12-01-2019, 07:48 PM
It's a tough sport...hope the surgery goes well and he has a smooth recovery.

I agree with this. Although the evil part of me is glad I got on Jack Macrae for the Brownlow a week ago.

GVGjr
13-01-2019, 10:14 AM
I feel for Mitchell who was coming off a great season and he would have felt confident the Hawks could have been a contender this year.
This will test the depth of the Hawks playing list and we will see if Wingard and O'Meara can cover the loss.

Testekill
13-01-2019, 08:12 PM
Confirmed clean fib-tib break for Mitchell

chef
28-01-2019, 08:55 PM
Olly Wines with a significant shoulder injury from water skiiing.

Testekill
28-01-2019, 09:09 PM
Olly Wines with a significant shoulder injury from water skiiing.

Connor Blakely also out for half the season after he tore his hamstring off the bone.

GVGjr
28-01-2019, 09:32 PM
On top of that and Carlton are having some challenges as well with Kruezer having some surgery and new recruit Faslo will miss some footy.

bornadog
28-01-2019, 11:59 PM
On top of that and Carlton are having some challenges as well with Kruezer having some surgery and new recruit Faslo will miss some footy.

Faslo wrestling with his mates and breaks an arm- I would be pissed off if this was a doggies player.

GVGjr
29-01-2019, 02:29 AM
Faslo wrestling with his mates and breaks an arm- I would be pissed off if this was a doggies player.

And yet most of our supporters were fine with Cooney surfing an esky lid down a cobbled street at the end of the season even with his dicky knee and even more than okay with an impaired Liberatore playing footy in Vietnam despite his issues.
In most instances it really depends on the player and considerations like if they have just won flag.

In terms of standards we tend to expect more from players who haven't proven themselves and vastly less from those who have.
In other words we aren't necessarily consistent with how we apply the dickhead factor. No pun intended but we tend to let the cool kids skate by.

bornadog
29-01-2019, 09:27 AM
And yet most of our supporters were fine with Cooney surfing an esky lid down a cobbled street at the end of the season even with his dicky knee and even more than okay with an impaired Liberatore playing footy in Vietnam despite his issues.
In most instances it really depends on the player and considerations like if they have just won flag.

In terms of standards we tend to expect more from players who haven't proven themselves and vastly less from those who have.
In other words we aren't necessarily consistent with how we apply the dickhead factor. No pun intended but we tend to let the cool kids skate by.

I think there is also the difference between the off season and the preseason.

Axe Man
15-02-2019, 01:22 PM
Sam Naismith almost certain to miss round 1 and Buddy is yet to resume running after a groin operation. If he does get up for round 1 he should be underdone. I'm feeling good about our chances against the Swans but then I felt good going into round 1 last year as well.

bornadog
15-02-2019, 02:47 PM
De Goey has rolled his ankle, but no report on how bad it is. He is one with super talent but body is always breaking down.

ratsmac
15-02-2019, 07:59 PM

That's BS, that pun was definitely intended. It's not bad too;)

Twodogs
24-02-2019, 11:35 PM
De Goey has rolled his ankle, but no report on how bad it is. He is one with super talent but body is always breaking down.

He has a few farts too.

azabob
25-02-2019, 08:08 AM
He has a few farts too.

Or is it just him?

bornadog
28-02-2019, 10:34 AM
Carlisle with back issues and about to have surgery. Could be out for the year. Fingers crossed Tom Boyd's back isn't as bad, but I fear the worse.

Remi Moses
28-02-2019, 01:33 PM
Massive blow for Stkilda added Steven also out
Old cricket injury apparently

Axe Man
18-03-2019, 04:36 PM
Will he or won't he?

'I'm ready to go': Buddy pushes 'Horse' to pick him (https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-18/im-ready-to-go-buddy-pushes-horse-to-pick-him)

SYDNEY superstar Lance Franklin remains a chance to face the Western Bulldogs at Marvel Stadium on Saturday night after continuing to build his training over the weekend.

Franklin had groin surgery in November and didn't feature in the JLT Community Series, but despite looking certain to miss the Swans' season opener against the Dogs a month ago, he's been able to gradually increase his training loads.

Coach John Longmire said on Monday that no decision had been made on Franklin, who will train with the team on Tuesday and Thursday in a bid to prove his fitness.

Given Franklin hasn't been officially ruled out by the Swans there's little doubt he's in the frame to line up against the Bulldogs, but with a six-day break before Sydney plays Adelaide in round two, he is still more likely to miss the trip to Melbourne.

GVGjr
18-03-2019, 10:35 PM
Jesse Hogan out with Clinical Anxiety

There is no timeframe on his return to football.

"Jesse will not be available for selection for Sunday's game against North Melbourne at Optus Stadium while he focuses on his personal management of clinical anxiety," general manager of football Peter Bell said.

"The club has been aware of Jesse's clinical anxiety and has wrapped the appropriate support measures around him and will continue to do so.

"Jesse continues to train very hard on the training track and he will continue to train with the team, but his clinical anxiety can lead to him making poor decisions around alcohol consumption and, therefore, impact his health and wellbeing.

"Jesse made poor choices around alcohol consumption on Saturday evening prior to our training run at Optus Stadium on Sunday and as a result he did not take part in training.

"Jesse's circumstances have been shared with club leaders and the player leadership group.

"The club and our playing group are united in continuing to provide all the necessary ongoing support to Jesse, and we are not putting a time frame on his return to playing."

It's unreal how many players are struggling with the demands of playing football

Rocket Science
18-03-2019, 11:11 PM
With the Crows on the horizon I'm tipping Horse won't risk Buddy's groin against us.

Take from that what you will.

Axe Man
19-03-2019, 11:14 AM
Jesse Hogan out with Clinical Anxiety

There is no timeframe on his return to football.

"Jesse will not be available for selection for Sunday's game against North Melbourne at Optus Stadium while he focuses on his personal management of clinical anxiety," general manager of football Peter Bell said.

"The club has been aware of Jesse's clinical anxiety and has wrapped the appropriate support measures around him and will continue to do so.

"Jesse continues to train very hard on the training track and he will continue to train with the team, but his clinical anxiety can lead to him making poor decisions around alcohol consumption and, therefore, impact his health and wellbeing.

"Jesse made poor choices around alcohol consumption on Saturday evening prior to our training run at Optus Stadium on Sunday and as a result he did not take part in training.

"Jesse's circumstances have been shared with club leaders and the player leadership group.

"The club and our playing group are united in continuing to provide all the necessary ongoing support to Jesse, and we are not putting a time frame on his return to playing."

It's unreal how many players are struggling with the demands of playing football

There is a video of Jesse on social media and I'm not sure alcohol is what he is under the influence of.

The Adelaide Connection
20-03-2019, 12:33 AM
There is a video of Jesse on social media and I'm not sure alcohol is what he is under the influence of.

This whole thing is murky to say the least. There is every possibility that clinical anxiety is behind his weekend substance appetite, but with what we know about the loopholes in the drugs policy you can’t help but throw an eyebrow in the air.

When the Melbourne/Freo tooing and froing was happening there were a lot of salacious rumours around Jesse and the whole situation seemed pretty reminiscent of the Stringer situation. Probably the big difference was that Melbourne did a better job of fooling the world into thinking they still wanted him (which was strongly rumoured to not be the case), Fremantle blinked, and Melbourne got compensated on potential probably moreso than reality.

I hope that if he legitimately has mental health concerns he is able to get the support around him that allows himself to manage it better and to also get back to his best on the footy field. If it is all a smokescreen I hope Freo are able to see through it and give him the discipline and kick up the arse to get himself back on track.

Axe Man
20-03-2019, 10:03 AM
This whole thing is murky to say the least. There is every possibility that clinical anxiety is behind his weekend substance appetite, but with what we know about the loopholes in the drugs policy you can’t help but throw an eyebrow in the air.

When the Melbourne/Freo tooing and froing was happening there were a lot of salacious rumours around Jesse and the whole situation seemed pretty reminiscent of the Stringer situation. Probably the big difference was that Melbourne did a better job of fooling the world into thinking they still wanted him (which was strongly rumoured to not be the case), Fremantle blinked, and Melbourne got compensated on potential probably moreso than reality.

I hope that if he legitimately has mental health concerns he is able to get the support around him that allows himself to manage it better and to also get back to his best on the footy field. If it is all a smokescreen I hope Freo are able to see through it and give him the discipline and kick up the arse to get himself back on track.

It's been reported that Freo did their due diligence on Hogan and subsequently decided not to pursue him given his issues. The CEO then overruled Peter Bell and the footy department.

Can you imagine the uproar on here if Bains overruled Sam Power and recruited a player with known behavioral issues?

Mofra
20-03-2019, 10:52 AM
I've heard all the rumours about Hogan and I know he's not behaving in a way you'd want from a professional athlete, but:
- He just survived cancer
- He just lost his dad to cancer
- He's 23

I would seriously consider getting him away from Perth for a couple of weeks, getting him away from football completely just for that mental break. He's a serious talent and still young with a huge career ahead of him. Give him a chance to take a break, reflect then come back to worry about football.

HOSE B ROMERO
20-03-2019, 06:05 PM
I've heard all the rumours about Hogan and I know he's not behaving in a way you'd want from a professional athlete, but:
- He just survived cancer
- He just lost his dad to cancer
- He's 23

I would seriously consider getting him away from Perth for a couple of weeks, getting him away from football completely just for that mental break. He's a serious talent and still young with a huge career ahead of him. Give him a chance to take a break, reflect then come back to worry about football.

I think his brother was diagnosed with cancer as well.

The Adelaide Connection
22-03-2019, 06:56 AM
Rance with a suspected ACL. Pretty innocuous incident where his leg buckled slightly as he landed. I was pretty impressed that he was able to keep smiling and putting on a brave face (real team first attitude) while he sat on the bench knowing his season was likely over.
Will be interesting to see how Richmond handle the less than perfect injury list that they have enjoyed or most of the last two seasons. I think he is overrated (and if they paid the frees against him that they do to other less credentialed defenders) he would be nowhere near as valuable, but would still be a massive loss to their structure.

Rocket Science
22-03-2019, 12:35 PM
It's official, it's an ACL for Rance.

Suspect they're fairly well placed to adapt though.

craigsahibee
22-03-2019, 02:21 PM
It's official, it's an ACL for Rance.

Suspect they're fairly well placed to adapt though.

Social Media today suggests that Rance is the first player to ever suffer a season ending injury.

It's sickening how the media pander to the unwashed.

Remi Moses
22-03-2019, 02:34 PM
He’s irreplaceable for them . Reads the play well , going to be interesting

Rocket Science
23-03-2019, 07:02 PM
The ACL gods might've claimed another one; the Crows' Tom Doedee.

bulldogtragic
23-03-2019, 08:06 PM
Morris, Rance & Doedee. The ACL gods hate All Australian/Rising Star Nominated defenders especially then.

Rocket Science
23-03-2019, 08:09 PM
Morris, Rance & Doedee. The ACL gods hate All Australian/Rising Star Nominated efenders especially then.

It'd be a handy last line of defence.

bornadog
31-03-2019, 12:23 AM
Looks like Jack Watts' season over due to a broken leg

ratsmac
31-03-2019, 12:44 AM
Looks like Jack Watts' season over due to a broken leg
I actually really feel sorry for him after hearing him say how he struggled to get up out of bed from depression. Now this.

KT31
31-03-2019, 01:17 AM
I actually really feel sorry for him after hearing him say how he struggled to get up out of bed from depression. Now this.

Was it depression or the reports in the media re his video taking drugs ?
Sure it was the latter.

bornadog
23-05-2019, 12:06 PM
Joe Daniher out for season

hujsh
23-05-2019, 02:20 PM

Oh no. Not one of Essendons best. How cruel be ye fate? :D

I'm so sad :)

Danniher isn't actually so bad. I'd rather one of their other players be injured but if it makes that shithole club sad then so be it.

ledge
23-05-2019, 02:44 PM

To go with Devon Smith

Doggy
25-05-2019, 11:06 PM
Stringer Hamstring :p

KT31
25-05-2019, 11:58 PM
Shiel hamstring as well.

hujsh
26-05-2019, 12:21 AM
Oh such poor luck, my goodness will the nightmare ever end :D

Twodogs
26-05-2019, 12:21 PM

To go with Devon Smith

Stringer Hamstring :p

Shiel hamstring as well.

The best thing about it is it will take them a year longer to realise that Shiel, Smith and Stringer are not the type of payers that will take them into the next bracket.

bornadog
06-10-2019, 12:32 PM
Did anyone see Charlie Curnow broke his kneecap playing basketball with mates. I wouldn't be too happy if I was Carlton. We all know what a broken kneecap can do to a player - see Cooney.

Twodogs
06-10-2019, 12:50 PM
Did anyone see Charlie Curnow broke his kneecap playing basketball with mates. I wouldn't be too happy if I was Carlton. We all know what a broken kneecap can do to a player - see Cooney.

I'd be ropable if I was David Teague and with the trade period coming up I'd be looking at making an example. Curnow is a good player and all that but he isn't much good to you with a split patella. Cooney was a much better player than Curnow but after he'd busted that knee cap he was barely any good at all-which was a tragedy for the club and for him.

Happy Days
06-10-2019, 09:56 PM
Cooney wasn't finished because he broke his kneecap, it was because he tried to play through it. Curnow will be fine.

soupman
07-10-2019, 08:15 AM
Besides Curnow was shooting some hoops in the off season, not playing a competitive match. Are all players banned from anything not strictly football related all year now? It's a shit injury but it's just bad luck.

GVGjr
07-10-2019, 09:10 AM
Besides Curnow was shooting some hoops in the off season, not playing a competitive match. Are all players banned from anything not strictly football related all year now? It's a shit injury but it's just bad luck.

What he did was fine, I doubt the club will have an issue with it

The Adelaide Connection
07-10-2019, 09:56 AM
Brendan Goddard coming out and clipping Joe Daniher for the way he has previously gone about his rehab. Joe has cited Essendon’s medical department as one of the reasons he wants to get the hell out of dodge.

*grabs popcorn*

Happy Days
07-10-2019, 10:42 AM
Brendan Goddard coming out and clipping Joe Daniher for the way he has previously gone about his rehab. Joe has cited Essendon’s medical department as one of the reasons he wants to get the hell out of dodge.

*grabs popcorn*

I'm not a doctor, but maybe forcing Joe to play 2 games in 5 days when he was still in said rehab was not the most conducive thing to his recovery?

Axe Man
07-10-2019, 11:09 AM

From reports he dislocated his kneecap, didn't break it like Cooney.

Having done the same injury myself I can confirm it hurts like hell but it isn't usually that serious. Stevie J dislocated a knee cap in the 2011 prelim and still managed to kick 4 goals in the grand final the next week.

bornadog
07-10-2019, 12:02 PM
From reports he dislocated his kneecap, didn't break it like Cooney.

Having done the same injury myself I can confirm it hurts like hell but it isn't usually that serious. Stevie J dislocated a knee cap in the 2011 prelim and still managed to kick 4 goals in the grand final the next week.

Fair enough

Rocket Science
07-10-2019, 12:15 PM
Dislocated kneecap?

Pfft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RQURPifOnE

Get up and get on with it champ.

Twodogs
07-10-2019, 12:37 PM
I'm not a doctor, but maybe forcing Joe to play 2 games in 5 days when he was still in said rehab was not the most conducive thing to his recovery?

I'm not a doctor either.

Axe Man
07-10-2019, 01:01 PM
I'm not a doctor either.

Not even a doctor of love?

Twodogs
07-10-2019, 01:02 PM
Not even a doctor of love?

Oh yeah man, I gotta PHD in that shit.

Actually there is a deli around the corner from my parents' house, run by Rocco, as it has since the 1960s.

Anyway I was in there a couple of years getting some salami when Rocco's wife pointed out a man waiting in the queue and said to me "see that man over there, he's a doctor the same as you" I was getting my change when I realisied that he was standing next to me so I told him that I wasn't really a doctor but I had known Mrs Rocco for 40 years+ and had gotten sick of reminding her that I wasn't actually a doctor and he said "That's OK, she's my mum! I have no idea why she thinks I am a doctor all of a sudden."

Bulldog4life
08-10-2019, 10:11 PM
Oh yeah man, I gotta PHD in that shit.

Actually there is a deli around the corner from my parents' house, run by Rocco, as it has since the 1960s.

Anyway I was in there a couple of years getting some salami when Rocco's wife pointed out a man waiting in the queue and said to me "see that man over there, he's a doctor the same as you" I was getting my change when I realisied that he was standing next to me so I told him that I wasn't really a doctor but I had known Mrs Rocco for 40 years+ and had gotten sick of reminding her that I wasn't actually a doctor and he said "That's OK, she's my mum! I have no idea why she thinks I am a doctor all of a sudden."

You could write a book with all your stories Td. Serious.

bornadog
06-07-2020, 12:14 AM
Richmond had a great night:

Syndesmosis for Prestia and Nankervis, hamstring for Cotchin, broken finger for Lynch

ratsmac
06-07-2020, 01:03 AM
Is Syndesmosis the new osteitis pubis? Seems like every ankle injury is a Syndesmosis much like everyone had osteitis pubis years ago

azabob
06-07-2020, 08:51 AM
Is Syndesmosis the new osteitis pubis? Seems like every ankle injury is a Syndesmosis much like everyone had osteitis pubis years ago

I know right? It's ridiculous.

bulldogsthru&thru
06-07-2020, 09:12 AM
Richmond had a great night:

Syndesmosis for Prestia and Nankervis, hamstring for Cotchin, broken finger for Lynch

Richmond finally going to see how tough it can be. They actually have injuries and won’t play 98% of their games at the MCG.

bornadog
06-07-2020, 09:52 AM
Richmond finally going to see how tough it can be. They actually have injuries and won’t play 98% of their games at the MCG.

They have had a bloody good run

bornadog
07-07-2020, 02:26 PM
Nothing new here:

Lions defender Marcus Adams set to spend more time on the sidelines with foot problem (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/brisbane/afl-2020-lions-defender-marcus-adams-set-to-spend-more-time-on-the-sidelines-with-foot-problem/news-story/a20ed468b610fb15ede865cc2a3c55ee)

Remi Moses
07-07-2020, 02:39 PM
He’s re injured a re injury !
Old glass feet

comrade
07-07-2020, 02:52 PM
Nothing new here:

Lions defender Marcus Adams set to spend more time on the sidelines with foot problem (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/brisbane/afl-2020-lions-defender-marcus-adams-set-to-spend-more-time-on-the-sidelines-with-foot-problem/news-story/a20ed468b610fb15ede865cc2a3c55ee)

Pretty sure the picks we got for Adams were used to draft Vandermeer as well as part of the Josh Bruce deal.

Not behd.

Bulldog Joe
07-07-2020, 03:15 PM
It is a shame for Adams. He has the talent but not the body. His feet have had issues every single year.

bornadog
07-07-2020, 03:24 PM
It is a shame for Adams. He has the talent but not the body. His feet have had issues every single year.

I am so glad we cut our losses with him.

Rocket Science
07-07-2020, 04:15 PM
I am so glad we cut our losses with him.

Didn't he technically cut his losses with us?

Given he's really an interceptor rather than a genuine key back one wonders if he's considered dropping 5-10 kilos of beach muscle to make life easier on everything south of the waist.

bornadog
07-07-2020, 05:48 PM

Given he's really an interceptor rather than a genuine key back one wonders if he's considered dropping 5-10 kilos of beach muscle to make life easier on everything south of the waist.

I guess we didn't try hard to keep him

comrade
07-07-2020, 06:52 PM

I’ve said since he left us that he should give up the footy caper as his body just isn’t cut out for it and focus on becoming a pro bodybuilder.

GVGjr
13-07-2020, 05:00 PM
Isaac Heeney out for the season, I particularly hate seeing young players injured

bornadog
13-07-2020, 05:18 PM
Isaac Heeney out for the season, I particularly hate seeing young players injured

They also have Kennedy out for 8 weeks

josie
13-07-2020, 05:29 PM
Admire Kennedy-must be close to his last year I’d guess. Appears to be a genuinely nice guy, a fair competitor and an extremely good player over a long period. Swans were already struggling. Can see them falling off a cliff this season and finishing 2nd last after crows. Can also see them bidding on Ugle Hagen too.

bornadog
13-07-2020, 05:43 PM
Admire Kennedy-must be close to his last year I’d guess. Appears to be a genuinely nice guy, a fair competitor and an extremely good player over a long period. Swans were already struggling. Can see them falling off a cliff this season and finishing 2nd last after crows. Can also see them bidding on Ugle Hagen too.

They fielded a very young team on the weekend, and now it may even get younger.

azabob
14-07-2020, 09:34 PM
Old mate Callan Ward out for a further six weeks with knee soreness.

EasternWest
14-07-2020, 09:50 PM
Old mate Callan Ward our for a further six weeks with knee soreness.

Who knew you could get lingering knee soreness to the side of your face?

Axe Man
15-07-2020, 10:47 AM
Covid McKenna fractured a hand against North, but hasn't yet been ruled out.

bornadog
15-07-2020, 10:51 AM
Covid McKenna fractured a hand against North, but hasn't yet been ruled out.

How are his teeth?

Axe Man
15-07-2020, 02:35 PM
How are his teeth?

You've lost me? :confused:

bornadog
15-07-2020, 02:45 PM
You've lost me? :confused:

https://www.abc.net.au/cm/rimage/9636118-16x9-large.jpg?v=2

Grantysghost
15-07-2020, 02:53 PM
https://www.abc.net.au/cm/rimage/9636118-16x9-large.jpg?v=2

Vampire ish.

Remember how maligned Chris Lewis was and it wasn't as bad in my opinion. He's really escaped lightly considering he bit someone's neck with force.

azabob
24-07-2020, 04:00 PM
Stefan Martin for the lions out for an extended period of time and will miss our game against them.

Axe Man
24-07-2020, 04:39 PM
Stefan Martin for the lions out for an extended period of time and will miss our game against them.

I think he's been struggling a little this year, not the player he was.

Cotchin a confirmed in for our game but Astbury and Caddy to miss.

azabob
24-07-2020, 06:26 PM
I think he's been struggling a little this year, not the player he was.

Cotchin a confirmed in for our game but Astbury and Caddy to miss.

I still think its a big out for us, Martin in theory would match up very nicely on English.

bornadog
24-07-2020, 06:36 PM
Fantasia injured

Axe Man
24-07-2020, 06:54 PM
Fantasia injured

You could set this post to repeat every few weeks and be right more often than not.

Axe Man
24-07-2020, 06:55 PM
I still think its a big out for us, Martin in theory would match up very nicely on English.

Certainly can't hurt.

Axe Man
05-08-2020, 11:13 AM
Joel Hamling out for the season after requiring a third operation on his ankle from a training injury in the pre-season.

I would hate to see this board if our injury list looked anything like Freo's at the moment - it's extensive to say the least!

bornadog
05-08-2020, 11:27 AM
Joel Hamling out for the season after requiring a third operation on his ankle from a training injury in the pre-season.

I would hate to see this board if our injury list looked anything like Freo's at the moment - it's extensive to say the least!

Looks like our 2017 and 2018 injury list, but yeah that is no excuse ;)

Testekill
07-08-2020, 10:21 PM
That Quaynor cut was nasty, haven't even seen a clear picture of it yet but it's hella gross.

comrade
17-08-2020, 05:33 PM
A confirmed ACL tear for James Sicily. Huge loss for the Hawks.

Doc26
17-08-2020, 07:41 PM
I feel for James, and really feel for the Club and its supporters.

Remi Moses
17-08-2020, 07:45 PM
Big loss for them . Unlikeable bloke, but a gun .
Tough times for the long suffering hawthorn fans

bornadog
03-09-2020, 06:31 PM
Shuey has strained both Hamstrings

The Adelaide Connection
04-09-2020, 11:58 AM
Shuey has strained both Hamstrings

The decision to send him back on was surprising (and seems calamitous in hindsight). Hopefully it leads them to be more cautious with Nicnat and Kennedy. Give them both the week off!

bornadog
22-09-2020, 05:49 PM
Elliot Yeo's year is over with osteitis pubis.

azabob
22-09-2020, 06:35 PM
Elliot Yeo's year is over with osteitis pubis.

Massive loss for the Eagles.

Axe Man
04-02-2021, 12:50 PM
Ben Brown will be out for a month as a result of requiring an arthroscope on his knee from an injury sustained in August. Have to wonder why he didn't go under the knife once his 2020 was done? Will likely miss the start of the season.

EasternWest
04-02-2021, 03:47 PM
Ben Brown will be out for a month as a result of requiring an arthroscope on his knee from an injury sustained in August. Have to wonder why he didn't go under the knife once his 2020 was done? Will likely miss the start of the season.

Well he'll be coming off the long run when he does get on the park.

bornadog
04-02-2021, 05:40 PM
We thought we didn't have enough ruckman

Tom De Koning to miss the start of Carlton's season with a back problem. Leaves the Blues with Marc Pittonet as the only natural ruckman available on their list ahead of round one

GVGjr
04-02-2021, 08:21 PM
We thought we didn't have enough ruckman

Yep, if you take that chance with a specialist role you shouldn't get to use it as an excuse. I think they will have to look at their list spots and who they might be able to convince to come on board. I wonder if a call to Majak or or JT might be made

Axe Man
19-02-2021, 11:11 AM
Ben Paton from St Kilda out for the season after breaking his fibula and tibia in a tackle by Jarryd Roughead in an a intraclub match.

Roughead was making up the numbers because they already have a stack of injuries. It's a shame we don't play them early in the season.

bornadog
21-05-2021, 05:42 PM
Career over? Veteran Saint undergoes back surgery (https://www.afl.com.au/news/617025/career-over-veteran-saint-undergoes-back-surgery)

Jake Carlisle has had surgery on his back with a return to the field in 2021 looking unlikely

Hotdog60
21-05-2021, 06:28 PM
I heard one of the coaches (Ratten I think) say on average there are 10 players per club with soft tissue related injuries so the AFL reductions in rotations are working to fatigue players but I don't think it's improving the game.

bornadog
26-05-2021, 05:34 PM
Richmond's Lynch, had scans this week which revealed torn cartilage in his right knee

bornadog
31-05-2021, 04:43 PM
Grundy out for 2 to 3

bornadog
16-06-2021, 03:25 PM
Darcy Moore to miss rest of season with PCL

bulldogtragic
16-06-2021, 05:51 PM
Darcy Moore to miss rest of season with PCL

Great. He’s been traded and put on ice. Hope it’s us.

bornadog
01-07-2021, 10:35 AM
Lachie Neale has calf injury. Will be a big blow to Brisbane

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
01-07-2021, 10:43 AM
Lachie Neil has calf injury. Will be a big blow to Brisbane

How's Lachie Neale? His status would be of bigger concern to Brisbane than Lachie Neil ��

bornadog
01-07-2021, 10:54 AM
How's Lachie Neale? His status would be of bigger concern to Brisbane than Lachie Neil ��

thanks for picking that up

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
01-07-2021, 11:12 AM
thanks for picking that up

Please do not thank me for my pedantic ways... it only encourages me ;)
I should be instead berated and ridiculed... we all knew who you meant.

bornadog
01-07-2021, 12:07 PM
Please do not thank me for my pedantic ways... it only encourages me ;)
I should be instead berated and ridiculed... we all knew who you meant.

Nah, I am the first to usually point out mis-spelling of players names, especially our own

1eyedog
01-07-2021, 12:10 PM
Lachie Neale has calf injury. Will be a big blow to Brisbane

It is but they were doing pretty well without him earlier this season. Their biggest constraint at the moment is not playing at home. The longer lockdown goes on up there the more they'll struggle to hold onto a top 4 spot. Their home ground advantage is that important to them.

bornadog
02-07-2021, 05:24 PM
Houli out with Syndesmosis

Richmond backline decimated

DOG GOD
02-07-2021, 07:19 PM
Houli out with Syndesmosis

Richmond backline decimated

Good to see. Hopefully Freo, Ess, GWS and Stkilda can get a few wins to pass them.

bulldogtragic
17-07-2021, 04:03 PM
Dusty out for the season with the kidney injury.

Dry Rot
17-07-2021, 04:17 PM
Dusty out for the season with the kidney injury.

That's a bugger. Dusty is great to watch and seems to be a good bloke, unlike most of the rest of the Tigers.

SquirrelGrip
17-07-2021, 04:20 PM
That's a bugger. Dusty is great to watch and seems to be a good bloke, unlike most of the rest of the Tigers.

Yes I’m gutted for Dusty and hope he’s OK. Conversely it’s great to see the Tigers fall.

Grantysghost
24-07-2021, 10:20 AM
Holman needed stomach surgery after our game, apparently happened in a collision with Bontempelli in the first quarter.

Pretty tough to solider on, adrenaline is an amazing thing.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/651475/its-one-of-the-toughest-things-ive-seen-stuart-dew-on-hospitalised-sun-nick-holman

bulldogtragic
24-07-2021, 01:37 PM
Holman needed stomach surgery after our game, apparently happened in a collision with Bontempelli in the first quarter.

Pretty tough to solider on, adrenaline is an amazing thing.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/651475/its-one-of-the-toughest-things-ive-seen-stuart-dew-on-hospitalised-sun-nick-holman

Is there an AFL Upper GI Ward up in Queensland with this and Martin still in hospital with a lacerated kidney?

I can’t remember two serious injuries like this in under 24 hours, let alone in a season.

bornadog
24-07-2021, 01:52 PM
Is there an AFL Upper GI Ward up in Queensland with this and Martin still in hospital with a lacerated kidney?

I can’t remember two serious injuries like this in under 24 hours, let alone in a season.

Terrible to hear about serious injuries like this - doesn't matter who they play for.

hujsh
25-07-2021, 03:10 PM
Mentioned in the Syd Freo match that Freo have used the 2nd most players in the comp. Second to the Bulldogs... who've done it by choice.

Not so sure we've had that much choice about it. Just because we dropped Wallis and Croz doesn't mean we haven't taken a huge whack from the injury stick

Happy Days
25-07-2021, 08:02 PM
Yeah really annoying. Of the relevant sides we’ve easily had it toughest with injuries.

bornadog
25-07-2021, 08:25 PM
Mentioned in the Syd Freo match that Freo have used the 2nd most players in the comp. Second to the Bulldogs... who've done it by choice.

Not so sure we've had that much choice about it. Just because we dropped Wallis and Croz doesn't mean we haven't taken a huge whack from the injury stick

Freo with shocking injuries today. Fyfe shoulder again, Walters hamstring.

jazzadogs
25-07-2021, 10:42 PM
Yeah really annoying. Of the relevant sides we’ve easily had it toughest with injuries.

I wonder how our season would have gone if the medical sub hadn't been brought in 48 hours before it started. We've had to make good use of it on a regular basis.

GVGjr
25-07-2021, 10:45 PM
I wonder how our season would have gone if the medical sub hadn't been brought in 48 hours before it started. We've had to make good use of it on a regular basis.

The medi sub has been a good inclusion. It means that even losing Keath early we weren't a man down until Richards got concussed.
Had we been down to two players I suspect it would have been a lot harder to close out the game.

azabob
13-08-2021, 09:02 PM
Tom Stewart out with a foot injury and is seeking advice from a specialist to see the extent of the injury...

comrade
13-08-2021, 09:12 PM
Tom Stewart out with a foot injury and is seeking advice from a specialist to see the extent of the injury...

If he’s out for finals, that is massive.

bulldogtragic
13-08-2021, 09:15 PM
If he’s out for finals, that is massive.

No pre finals bye, if that happens, would make things harder for him to get back too. Of even keeping fitness ready for finals.

bulldogtragic
28-08-2021, 04:56 PM
afel.com - hmmm….

NORTH Melbourne gun Jaidyn Stephenson has broken his hip after falling from his bike after drinking in his home on Friday.

Stephenson was admitted to hospital and will be assessed by a surgeon after suffering a small fracture when he fell from his mountain bike on a hard surface in his backyard.

The 22-year-old had been drinking with housemates in his backyard when the accident happened.

“Jaidyn’s pretty flat at the moment and he’s a bit sick and sorry,” North GM football Brady Rawlings said.

“After having had drinks at home with his housemates, he attempted to perform a trick on his mountain bike off the back deck. He lost balance and fell onto a concrete paver.

“Initially, after the accident, Jaidyn was able to walk but the pain progressed to a point that an ambulance was called.

“He was kept in overnight and he looks like he might be laid up for a while. At this stage he’ll have a stay in hospital while his surgeon decides whether he’ll need surgery.

“It puts a dampener on what was a promising season for Jaidyn. We’re disappointed with his poor judgment and his reckless action has resulted in quite a painful injury for him.”

Stephenson enjoyed a stellar debut season at North Melbourne, averaging a tick under 20 disposals per game and kicking 17 goals.

He was traded to the Roos after three years at Collingwood where he was the 2018 NAB AFL Rising Star.

angelopetraglia
28-08-2021, 04:58 PM
afel.com - hmmm….

NORTH Melbourne gun Jaidyn Stephenson has broken his hip after falling from his bike after drinking in his home on Friday.

Stephenson was admitted to hospital and will be assessed by a surgeon after suffering a small fracture when he fell from his mountain bike on a hard surface in his backyard.

The 22-year-old had been drinking with housemates in his backyard when the accident happened.

“Jaidyn’s pretty flat at the moment and he’s a bit sick and sorry,” North GM football Brady Rawlings said.

“After having had drinks at home with his housemates, he attempted to perform a trick on his mountain bike off the back deck. He lost balance and fell onto a concrete paver.

“Initially, after the accident, Jaidyn was able to walk but the pain progressed to a point that an ambulance was called.

“He was kept in overnight and he looks like he might be laid up for a while. At this stage he’ll have a stay in hospital while his surgeon decides whether he’ll need surgery.

“It puts a dampener on what was a promising season for Jaidyn. We’re disappointed with his poor judgment and his reckless action has resulted in quite a painful injury for him.”

Stephenson enjoyed a stellar debut season at North Melbourne, averaging a tick under 20 disposals per game and kicking 17 goals.

He was traded to the Roos after three years at Collingwood where he was the 2018 NAB AFL Rising Star.

You can't teach stupid ...

Axe Man
04-02-2022, 04:14 PM
St Kilda defender Nick Coffield has suffered a suspected anterior cruciate ligament rupture in an innocuous training incident on Friday.

Mofra
04-02-2022, 04:27 PM
Poor guy. Bulldogs supporter as a kid too. Had a tough start to his career but nailed down his spot in the second half of 2021.

GVGjr
04-02-2022, 06:12 PM
St Kilda defender Nick Coffield has suffered a suspected anterior cruciate ligament rupture in an innocuous training incident on Friday.

As Mofra said, it's a tough break for a youngster who looked like he had just established himself as a senior footballer.

Grantysghost
10-02-2022, 04:24 PM
Looks like Ben King might have done his ACL in training.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/suns-star-ben-king-sent-for-scans-after-knee-injury-20220210-p59vek.html

bornadog
10-02-2022, 04:43 PM

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/suns-star-ben-king-sent-for-scans-after-knee-injury-20220210-p59vek.html

Poor bugger

Grantysghost
10-02-2022, 04:51 PM
Wait...what? Not borderline flying by the looks of it.

ESSENDON star Jake Stringer was on light duties as the Bombers stepped up their match simulation at Thursday's training session, with two train-on players impressing in their bid for a spot on the club's list.

Stringer, who kicked 41 goals from 19 games last year, was on modified training as he deals with some groin soreness but is expected to be back into full training in coming days.

Axe Man
10-02-2022, 04:56 PM

ESSENDON star Jake Stringer was on light duties as the Bombers stepped up their match simulation at Thursday's training session, with two train-on players impressing in their bid for a spot on the club's list.

Stringer, who kicked 41 goals from 19 games last year, was on modified training as he deals with some groin soreness but is expected to be back into full training in coming days.

Insert your own jokes here.

The Underdog
10-02-2022, 05:48 PM

Damn, that's a real shame. Hope he manages to avoid the worst.

EasternWest
10-02-2022, 08:47 PM
Insert your own jokes here.

No need.

9 touches in the most important game of their year is chuckle worthy enough.

Axe Man
11-02-2022, 11:08 AM
ACL confirmed for Ben King unfortunately. Will be interesting to see if he stays on the Gold Coast or seeks a move back to Melbourne. His trade price may have just taken a hit. Nightmare for the Suns either way.

Mofra
11-02-2022, 12:20 PM
ACL confirmed for Ben King unfortunately. Will be interesting to see if he stays on the Gold Coast or seeks a move back to Melbourne. His trade price may have just taken a hit. Nightmare for the Suns either way.
Their most important player.

It's a nightmare for the AF too,they really need the Suns to be half decent to grow the game in Qld.
Then there's the Stewie Dew OOC factor as well.

Axe Man
11-02-2022, 04:01 PM
Lucky this isn't at Melbourne or Goodwin would be abusing the club doctor. Concussion can be nasty, hopefully he can recover.

Paul Seedsman’s future in doubt as concussion issues linger (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/news/afl-2022-paul-seedsmans-future-in-doubt-as-concussion-issues-linger/news-story/544dbceb92b61464f7a70bffce8fa2ff)

The immediate playing future of Paul Seedsman remains in doubt after the star wingman continues to miss training sessions because of ongoing concussion issues.

Seedsman, who finished third in Adelaide’s best and fairest count last year, suffered a concussion in a training drill prior to the Crows playing list going on their Christmas break.

Two months on Seedsman is still unable to take part in any contact drills at Crows training.

He has been restricted to running, and has been doing kicking drills in recent weeks, but has to wear sunglasses outside.

The Crows have declined to comment on whether Seedsman will be available to play in February practice matches, whether he could return for Round 1 or even when he is set to return to full training.

Adelaide has previously said it will approach Seedsman’s lingering concussion symptoms with caution.

Associate Professor Alan Pearce, who is regarded as Australia’s pre-eminent concussion researcher, said the Crows needed to be careful with Seedsman since he was having issues for more than a month after getting the initial concussion.

“So if it takes him half a season to recover then it takes him half a season to recover because it might extend his career for another two or three years,” Pearce told The Advertiser.

“Rather than rushing him back and then all of a sudden he gets another brain injury or a musculoskeletal injury and he is back to square one.”

Pearce said Seedsman would be “somewhere in what we call stage three” of a six stage return to play strategy – sport-specific exercise running and drills.

“The fact that he hasn’t gotten into any contact training is a bit of a concern two months out (from the concussion),” Pearce said.

“Because even with what we push for with a longer recovery time, even with 25 to 28 days he would then have started to do some more stuff where at nearly 60 days he is just doing some running and he needs to shade his eyes.

“That he hasn’t done any contact training is a flag.”

The Crows have an internal trial next Friday, and then start pre-season matches.

Pearce said they can’t rush Seedsman back for either of these games.

“He still has a number of stages to go in his return to play strategy,” he said.

“The club would be skirting their responsibility to him if they brought him very quickly from that to pre-season games.”

The AFL confirmed this week that they would continue with their minimum 12 day mandatory rest for any player who suffers concussion in the 2022 season.

bornadog
26-04-2022, 05:52 PM
A couple of ruckman out for a long stretch:

* Grundy 12 weeks

* Pittonet - PCL could be close to season

macca
27-04-2022, 10:24 PM

What was the "lite" thing he was eating ?

bornadog
11-05-2022, 08:24 PM
Harry McKay out with a knee for at least 6 weeks.

DOG GOD
11-05-2022, 09:34 PM
Harry McKay out with a knee for at least 6 weeks.
Will be interesting to see how Curnow goes now. Could be Carlton’s demise.

boydogs
11-05-2022, 09:49 PM

McKay out is massive for them, like our Naughton or Bont. Could definitely be a dry period for them now

azabob
12-05-2022, 07:53 AM

Their draw is fairly soft.
GWS away
Sydney in Melbourne
Collingwood
Bye
Essendon
Richmond

Axe Man
23-12-2022, 12:23 PM
Sam Walsh has undergone back surgery, will miss at least the first month of the season.

hujsh
23-12-2022, 12:26 PM
Sam Walsh has undergone back surgery, will miss at least the first month of the season.

The main tragedy here is he will be back in time to play us

Axe Man
23-12-2022, 12:28 PM
The main tragedy here is he will be back in time to play us

Cripps will be banged up by then carrying the midfield for the first 4 weeks or more.

GVGjr
23-12-2022, 12:43 PM

It's a shame as he is a terrific player. Many don't do justice to the number one pick mantle but Walsh has.

bornadog
04-02-2023, 03:40 PM
Zac Williams suspected ACL - year wiped out

GVGjr
04-02-2023, 04:38 PM
Zac Williams suspected ACL - year wiped out

That's awful and he had a bit to prove this year.
He can be a damaging player.

MrMahatma
04-02-2023, 07:07 PM
The worst part of this stage in the preseason when match sim or trial matches ramp up. There’s always a few across the league who get a big injury. I always hold my breath. This kind of news sucks no matter who you support.

Axe Man
10-03-2023, 05:38 PM
MELBOURNE star Christian Salem is on track for an early-season return, but premiership pair Bayley Fritsch and Jack Viney remain in a race against the clock be fit in time to face the Western Bulldogs at the MCG next Saturday night.

Fritsch and Viney didn't feature in the Demons' extensive match simulation session at Casey Fields on Friday morning and are far from guaranteed to face Luke Beveridge's side at this stage.

Link (https://www.afl.com.au/news/881413/good-news-for-dees-defender-key-pair-still-in-r1-doubt)

Happy Days
10-03-2023, 05:49 PM
That’s terrible news about Viney, like our chances much better with him out there.

Grantysghost
10-03-2023, 06:04 PM
That’s terrible news about Viney, like our chances much better with him out there.

Gold. I've got a feeling we might just bounce the dees.

Axe Man
17-03-2023, 06:29 PM
2 Metre Peter with a dislocated shoulder at training today. If only Jakey boy was fit help them kick some goals.

bornadog
17-03-2023, 09:52 PM
2 Metre Peter with a dislocated shoulder at training today. If only Jakey boy was fit help them kick some goals.
And he just signed a new contract hours before

FrediKanoute
18-03-2023, 04:42 AM
Jeremy Howe......ouch

macca
18-03-2023, 06:32 PM

Gives good chance for Weiderman to play a string of games . He needs to start show if he can make it at AFL level

bornadog
25-03-2023, 06:17 PM
Gawn Medial - 4 to 6 weeks

bornadog
26-04-2023, 06:11 PM
West Coast can't take a trick

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FunbJwvaQAA-dun?format=jpg&name=large

josie
27-04-2023, 02:02 AM
That’s a horrible injury list. Surely WC to beat Hawks to wooden spoon.

bornadog
10-05-2023, 05:09 PM
The Swans have announced Sam Reid will miss the rest of the AFL season after undergoing surgery on his hamstring.

bornadog
08-06-2023, 05:50 AM
Nic Nat out for the season

bulldogtragic
23-07-2023, 05:15 PM
Will Ashcroft with an ACL. Horrible outcome for the kid.

GVGjr
23-07-2023, 05:28 PM
Will Ashcroft with an ACL. Horrible outcome for the kid.

I'll say. He's had an impressive season.

bornadog
04-08-2023, 10:27 AM
Port fined $100k for Aliir Aliir incident

azabob
04-08-2023, 10:28 AM

Full fine or suspended?

bornadog
04-08-2023, 10:39 AM
Full fine or suspended?

from AFL.com.au

$50,000 of the fine will be included in Port Adelaide's football department soft cap, with the remainder to sit outside the cap unless the club commits a similar breach of concussion protocols before the end of the AFL and AFLW seasons in 2024.

GVGjr
04-08-2023, 10:43 AM

That's a reasonable number but the Doctor should be stood down for the balance of the season or at the very least another Doctor brought in to oversee the protocols.

azabob
04-08-2023, 12:37 PM
That's a reasonable number but the Doctor should be stood down for the balance of the season or at the very least another Doctor brought in to oversee the protocols.

The doctor should be removed from his post. He has a past history and clearly the club does not take concussion seriously.

EasternWest
04-08-2023, 05:26 PM
I hope worksafe is taking a good hard look at it.

GVGjr
04-08-2023, 05:36 PM
The doctor should be removed from his post. He has a past history and clearly the club does not take concussion seriously.

What I didn't hear from Hinkley in his response was that I checked with our medical team to see why they believed it didn't warrant a test.

Club Doctors need to be a lot better than what we saw Ports effort and the club should be standing him down or having someone else there.

Rocket Science
04-08-2023, 05:38 PM
I hope worksafe is taking a good hard look at it.

The Aliir incident? Or the Miller-Zorko one?

I'll see myself out.

angelopetraglia
06-08-2023, 01:42 PM
"COLLINGWOOD sensation Nick Daicos will be sidelined for six weeks after scans revealed a hairline fracture in his knee." source:https://www.afl.com.au/news/995941/scans-reveal-extent-of-daicos-murphy-injuries

This season is wide open.

Grantysghost
06-08-2023, 01:49 PM
"COLLINGWOOD sensation Nick Daicos will be sidelined for six weeks after scans revealed a hairline fracture in his knee." source:https://www.afl.com.au/news/995941/scans-reveal-extent-of-daicos-murphy-injuries

Brownlow Bont.

EasternWest
06-08-2023, 02:19 PM
Brownlow Bont.

Not that I'm huge into betting but I do bet on the Brownlow every year.

I just checked Sportsbet and Bont is outright favourite at $2 now.

Which is significantly shorter odds than the $16 I got on him at the start of the year.

bornadog
06-08-2023, 02:24 PM
Not that I'm huge into betting but I do bet on the Brownlow every year.

I just checked Sportsbet and Bont is outright favourite at $2 now.

Which is significantly shorter odds than the $16 I got on him at the start of the year.

nice

ratsmac
06-08-2023, 02:35 PM

That seriously a real shame. I have actually enjoyed watching Nick Daicos play this year. 2nd year and Brownlow favourite is quite extraordinary. The kid is a jet, just ask BT!

And as much as I want to see the Bont win the Brownlow, it will be somewhat a shallow victory if he only wins it because Daicos doesn't play the last 3 games. Although players miss games every year that decide outcomes so I think a can live with a Brownlow for Bont

Grantysghost
06-08-2023, 03:27 PM
That seriously a real shame. I have actually enjoyed watching Nick Daicos play this year. 2nd year and Brownlow favourite is quite extraordinary. The kid is a jet, just ask BT!

And as much as I want to see the Bont win the Brownlow, it will be somewhat a shallow victory if he only wins it because Daicos doesn't play the last 3 games. Although players miss games every year that decide outcomes so I think a can live with a Brownlow for Bont

Bont is better than Daicos if he wins he deserves it

EasternWest
06-08-2023, 03:30 PM

I reckon Daicos is a great player in a great team whereas Bont is a superstar in a good team.

I agree if Bont wins he thoroughly deserves it.

azabob
06-08-2023, 03:31 PM
Good to see the injuries start mounting up and Collingwood. Daicos and Murphy out for extended periods.

Go_Dogs
06-08-2023, 03:31 PM

Agree. Diacos a star no doubt, but Bont is the most influential player in the league.

angelopetraglia
06-08-2023, 03:32 PM
I went through the last 10 Brownlow Medalists. They are all in the top 4 for contested possessions.

Bont is currently #1 in the league.
Dacios is currently #40 in the league.

I'm not saying Daicos doesn't deserve it if he wins it. However, it will be a big shift from who normally wins the Brownlow. That is midfielders who can win their own ball and do something creative with it.

When was the last time a receiver won the Brownlow?

angelopetraglia
06-08-2023, 03:37 PM
Contested Possession Rank in Brownlow Year (last 10 Brownlows)

Cripps #4
Wines #2
Neale #1
Fyfe #3
Mitchell #2
Martin #2
Dangerfield #2
Fyfe #3
Priddis #3
Ablett #3

Grantysghost
06-08-2023, 04:38 PM
I went through the last 10 Brownlow Medalists. They are all in the top 4 for contested possessions.

Bont is currently #1 in the league.
Dacios is currently #40 in the league.

I'm not saying Daicos doesn't deserve it if he wins it. However, it will be a big shift from who normally wins the Brownlow. That is midfielders who can win their own ball and do something creative with it.

When was the last time a receiver won the Brownlow?

Never.

Aker?

angelopetraglia
06-08-2023, 07:04 PM
Never.

Aker?

Contested possessions don't go back that far. But I do think he did get a lot handball receives but he was more than capable of winning his own baller Aker.

bornadog
28-08-2023, 05:39 PM
From Melbourne

Scans have confirmed the devastating news that both Jake Melksham + Luke Dunstan have sustained ACL injuries.

Grantysghost
28-08-2023, 06:14 PM
From Melbourne

That's sad for Jake the snake he's been playing well in Von Fritsch's absence.

Axe Man
25-01-2024, 04:15 PM
Jack Silvagni has unfortunately done an ACL at training today.

angelopetraglia
25-01-2024, 04:16 PM

Tragic for him. Heart and soul player. But he is fringe at best so should not hurt them that much.

ledge
25-01-2024, 05:03 PM
Sad to hear he has always been the go to player when they had a spot to fill .

ledge
25-01-2024, 05:20 PM
Was it the same knee he did before ?

Axe Man
25-01-2024, 05:47 PM
Was it the same knee he did before ?

I don't recall him having done an ACL previously?

So now there is potentially a backup ruck opening at Carlton, Lewis Young might have to dust off his shin guards.

ledge
25-01-2024, 05:57 PM

So now there is potentially a backup ruck opening at Carlton, Lewis Young might have to dust off his shin guards.

Just read this article knee problems last year, maybe not an ACL though
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/carlton-blues/afl-2024-jack-silvagni-suffers-acl-injury-at-training-details-injury-news-latest-casualty-ward-carlton-blues/news-story/64194af2ac2eb301f41efffaf94533b9

azabob
25-01-2024, 06:02 PM
Tragic for him. Heart and soul player. But he is fringe at best so should not hurt them that much.

Yeah but it is death by 1,000 cuts.

He is exactly the sort of player you need fit for an entire season.

News is Weiterings calf injury is more serious than first thought also...

Axe Man
25-01-2024, 06:03 PM
Just read this article knee problems last year, maybe not an ACL though
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/carlton-blues/afl-2024-jack-silvagni-suffers-acl-injury-at-training-details-injury-news-latest-casualty-ward-carlton-blues/news-story/64194af2ac2eb301f41efffaf94533b9

Not too many 5 week ACLs unless your name is Tony Liberatore.

Axe Man
25-01-2024, 06:04 PM
Yeah but it is death by 1,000 cuts.

He is exactly the sort of player you need fit for an entire season.

News is Weiterings calf injury is more serious than first thought also...

Weitering not expected to play until about round 4 apparently.

ledge
25-01-2024, 06:15 PM
Weitering not expected to play until about round 4 apparently.

Those two will hurt them , they haven’t got a lot of depth ATM.

Testekill
25-01-2024, 07:19 PM
Silvagni is a player that may not be a star but they're mister consistent and can be thrown about the team and they'll slot in. Sadly most people won't realise how much their absence hurts the team until they're gone.

GVGjr
25-01-2024, 07:26 PM
Silvagni is player that may not be a star but they're mister consistent and can be thrown about the team and they'll slot in. Sadly most people won't realise how much their absence hurts the team until they're gone.

I rate him mainly due to his versatility. I don't know that I feel much sorrow for the Blues but definitely I feel some for Jack.

josie
26-01-2024, 10:36 AM

I like Jack too. Sad for him. He gives his all and is quite tenacious. Perhaps because of his all round ground, plug and play abilities I think he is underrated. I?ve thought we should make a play for him as our Duryea replacement. Hope he can make a successful return.

Happy Days
26-01-2024, 11:11 AM

How could they fail him like that?

Axe Man
27-03-2024, 10:18 AM
Horrible luck

BRISBANE recruit Tom Doedee has suffered a heartbreaking injury setback just days before he was set to make his Lions debut, with the defender suffering a partial tear of his ACL at training on Tuesday.

Doedee was set to make his comeback from an ACL injury on Thursday night but re-injured his knee during an innocuous incident in the final minutes of training on Tuesday.

The full extent of the injury won't be known until he meets with a surgeon this week, but the Lions have labelled the setback "extremely cruel".

bulldogtragic
27-03-2024, 10:21 AM
Horrible luck

I feel for him. That was the buyers beware risk Adelaide and any other club faced though. A big dollar contract with a guy with several ACLs already. It’s a harsh game.

Axe Man
27-03-2024, 10:59 AM
Dangerfield out for 2 weeks with a hamstring - will miss our Gather Round game.

bornadog
27-03-2024, 11:16 AM

Good

SquirrelGrip
27-03-2024, 04:53 PM

Are we sure it's a hammy or do we now view everything like this as a possible positive test?

Axe Man
27-03-2024, 05:01 PM
Are we sure it's a hammy or do we now view everything like this as a possible positive test?

Given his recent history and the fact he was subbed off with it last week I reckon we can believe this one. ;)

EasternWest
27-03-2024, 05:11 PM
Given his recent history and the fact he was subbed off with it last week I reckon we can believe this one. ;)

Or he's had a long term raging coke problem and he had an itch that needed scratching mid game last week.

Grantysghost
27-03-2024, 10:49 PM
Doedee another acl.

bornadog
27-03-2024, 11:19 PM
Doedee another acl.

Refer Post #239 - I guess now confirmed?

Grantysghost
28-03-2024, 08:26 AM
Refer Post #239 - I guess now confirmed?
Very sad
Coffield and him both risky picks. Clubs might be mode reluctant to pick up players with injury histories now.

Sedat
28-03-2024, 12:03 PM
Doedee another acl.
It's a partial team of his ACL. I recall Gia played on with a partial tear of his ACL without requiring another full reconstruction - I wonder if Doedee will be able to do the same and not have to go through another full reconstruction?

Grantysghost
28-03-2024, 12:54 PM
It's a partial team of his ACL. I recall Gia played on with a partial tear of his ACL without requiring another full reconstruction - I wonder if Doedee will be able to do the same and not have to go through another full reconstruction?

Interesting - Sven Botman the Newcastle centre back tried the same thing. Now they've just sent him off for surgery after playing for a couple of months and he will be out for nearly a year.