bornadog
31-01-2019, 04:06 PM
Round 1: Match Information

Adelaide Crows v. Western Bulldogs

Saturday 2nd February

Norwood Oval, Adelaide

Gates Open: TBC
Game Starts: 8:10pm
Entry: Entry is free. (Entry is subject to capacity.)

Getting there

Car
Limited venue park with approximately 50 parks available.
There is also unrestricted on street parking nearby.

Bus
Route H20 (14 mins), H22 (14 mins), H30 (14 mins).

Broadcast

Channel 7 8:30pm (AEDT)

Social media

Follow @BulldogsW for live updates throughout the match.

Testekill
31-01-2019, 10:30 PM
Full back
L Birch
L Spark
B Hunt

Half back
N Callinan
T Ernst
H Scott

Centreline

B Smith

Half forward
N Ferres
K Brennan
M Conti

Full forward
K McLeod
E Mackie
A Utri

Followers
K Rennie
K Lamb
E Blackburn

Interchange
B Toogood
C Moody
E Brown

A Gogos
D Berry

Emergencies
A McCarthy
S Karlson

Happy Days
31-01-2019, 10:59 PM
A fair number of really good players from last year missing - not familiar with a lot of these names but definitely knew who Kearney, Lochland and O'Connor were. Hopefully the new players can give us half of what we had before.

The Adelaide Connection
02-02-2019, 03:01 AM
I was looking forward to heading along on Saturday, but alas it clashes with a mini festival that allows attendees to pretend it is 1998 (Jebediah, Spiderbait, Bodyjar, Magic Dirt, etc.).

I have to say that I won't miss Norwood oval- great location but the ground is a tired, concrete toilet.

mjp
02-02-2019, 10:17 PM
At last...a f50 entry. Adelaide really dominating but just so wasteful deep in attack.

Adelaide winning everywhere...how badly are we missing carney?

Raw Toast
02-02-2019, 10:23 PM
Frustrating game so far, they seem to be structuring up better than us, and most of our ball movement has been too slow.

But Blackburn worked us back into it, and an almost Gubby Allen moment has helped us take the lead.

I guess the extreme heat might be part of why we've played slow, but we look so much better when we move the ball quickly, to my mind at least.

Raw Toast
02-02-2019, 10:26 PM
At last...a f50 entry. Adelaide really dominating but just so wasteful deep in attack.

Adelaide winning everywhere...how badly are we missing carney?

Missing Kearney badly at the moment - she was immense both in winning the contested ball, and in providing run. I worry about our depth, and would like to see Conti run on the ball more after her second half turned the grand final in our favour.

I think we're also missing Lochland's smarts and pressure up forward, and Bruton was also impressive for us around the ball last year as well.

Raw Toast
02-02-2019, 10:53 PM
Interesting third quarter. We're pretty lucky to be in it, but did play Conti and Utri on the ball, so showed a bit more depth. Hopefully Blackburn was able to get some rest, and can help bring it home in the final quarter.

Raw Toast
02-02-2019, 11:24 PM
Well we didn't really deserve to win that, but it was a great effort - my initial reading of it is that we tried to conserve energy with the game played at a crazy heat (34C is ridiculous for a night game).

Not the cleanest display, but lots of positive signs. I'll try and write something more tomorrow (time permitting), but Mackie had a really impressive second half, which she can hopefully build on. As a former elite cyclist, she showed the ability to just keep getting from contest to contest, and gave us the forward pressure that we really needed.

bornadog
02-02-2019, 11:26 PM
Great finish, we really opened them up in the last quarter and were full of running. Really don't like some of the special rules, does nothing to enhance the game.

Hotdog60
02-02-2019, 11:27 PM
Well that was a nail biter. Good to get the win but I'll agree with the rest we miss Kearney.

How would Sparks go at Half forward? Although we couldn't replace her in the back line.

boydogs
02-02-2019, 11:47 PM
Huge effort to win away from home, against a real contender - enormous in the context of the season

Twodogs
03-02-2019, 12:03 AM
I don't care that we fell over the line. We showed composure, smarts and determination to win a game away from home in pretty trying circumstances. That's one game that we can chalk up in the win column that was more than likely going to be in the lose column before the bounce of the ball.

The girls showed great resilience tonight to hang in there and pinch a win that we probably didn't deserve to win. Go doggies!

HOSE B ROMERO
03-02-2019, 12:42 AM
I recorded the game and watched it when i got home. Unfortunately it cut off with 5 minutes remaining(yes that old chestnut). Was relieved to see we got away with the win. At 3 qtr time with the teams level i thought the crows were going to win. Our forward line pressure definitely lifted. Always rapt to beat the crows especially over there.

bornadog
03-02-2019, 12:19 PM
How good was Lauren Spark down back taking a new league record of 11 marks.

Happy Days
03-02-2019, 12:24 PM
How good was Lauren Spark down back taking a new league record of 11 marks.

She's been sensational for three years now - her and Chelsea Randall are incredible at reading the flight of the ball.

SonofScray
03-02-2019, 12:29 PM
Lamb was a huge factor in keeping us in it last night, made some very important plays in close and did a great shut down job in the middle. She's a terrific player.

The Spark/Scott combo is very strong. We'll win plenty off of their work down back.

Would like to see a bit more run and carry from players who have some leg speed.

HOSE B ROMERO
03-02-2019, 08:34 PM
Lamb was a huge factor in keeping us in it last night, made some very important plays in close and did a great shut down job in the middle. She's a terrific player.

The Spark/Scott combo is very strong. We'll win plenty off of their work down back.

Would like to see a bit more run and carry from players who have some leg speed.

Agree. I think the back 6 have now played quite a bit of footy together and could well be our strength this season.

mjp
05-02-2019, 11:27 AM
Just as an aside, what happened to the tradition of mis-spelling the names of players who left to go to other clubs?

Surely we can include Kearnie in this? There are heaps of options!

Raw Toast
05-02-2019, 09:43 PM
Just as an aside, what happened to the tradition of mis-spelling the names of players who left to go to other clubs?

Surely we can include Kearnie in this? There are heaps of options!

Ah, my apologies, that first mention of Carney went way over my head...

mjp
05-02-2019, 11:16 PM
Ah, my apologies, that first mention of Carney went way over my head...

When everyone who followed in the thread went all 'KAARNEE' on me I figured I had taken it a step too far given the result at the end of season 2.

Hotdog60
06-02-2019, 12:06 AM
North Melbourne have pillaged a very good team so show no mercy for Cantknee.

bornadog
07-02-2019, 02:47 PM
Round 2 vs Geelong Cats

When: Saturday 9 February
Where: VU Whitten Oval, 417 Barkly St, Footscray
Gates Open: 5:30pm EDT
Game Starts: 7:15pm EDT
Admission: Free

Flag to be unfurled.

bornadog
08-02-2019, 12:09 AM
One change to the team with former Gaelic footballer Aisling McCarthy set to make her debut for the Bulldogs (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2019-02-07/aflw-mccarthy-to-make-aflw-debut) after being named as an emergency last week, while Belinda Smith has been omitted.

HOSE B ROMERO
09-02-2019, 01:53 PM
Looking forward to getting up there tonight. A few of our premiership team are lining up for Geelong. Get their early to see the unfurling and to get a good seat on the grass. Go 'scray.

bornadog
09-02-2019, 02:55 PM
Looking forward to getting up there tonight. A few of our premiership team are lining up for Geelong. Get their early to see the unfurling and to get a good seat on the grass. Go 'scray.

Hopefully the weather holds out

Eastdog
09-02-2019, 06:40 PM
Hopefully the weather holds out

According to the Footscray forecast only a 10% chance of rain. First game at Whitten Oval with the new scoreboard operating.

Doc26
09-02-2019, 06:49 PM
One change to the team with former Gaelic footballer Aisling McCarthy set to make her debut for the Bulldogs (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2019-02-07/aflw-mccarthy-to-make-aflw-debut) after being named as an emergency last week, while Belinda Smith has been omitted.

Looking forward to the date when our twin towers in Katie and Lizzie can wreak some havoc together on the opposition. Hopefully Lizzie is not too far away. The league will also be much better for it.

bornadog
09-02-2019, 08:48 PM
3 quick goals and we are away in the 2nd with the breeze

GVGjr
09-02-2019, 09:01 PM
I'm thoroughly enjoying this contest. The crowd is massive and fully engaged in it. I can see the AFLW really growing into something special in time.

We have a nice lead and hopefully we can go on with it.

chef
09-02-2019, 09:03 PM
Great second quarter and made the most of the breeze. Blackburn with a thumping goal.

Testekill
09-02-2019, 09:04 PM
Lamb just in every contest.

chef
09-02-2019, 09:04 PM
Who else is double taking every time they say Maddie Boyd haha

mjp
09-02-2019, 09:09 PM
AFLW games would be so much better if they would just pay the free kicks that are there.

Umpiring doesn’t usually grate me too much but if they would just pay the kicks to open up the congestion then the game would flow...but they just won’t. It is 2019 - you can’t drag the ball in when you are on the ground...so pay holding the ball ans lets get rolling.

bornadog
09-02-2019, 09:38 PM
AFLW games would be so much better if they would just pay the free kicks that are there.

Umpiring doesn’t usually grate me too much but if they would just pay the kicks to open up the congestion then the game would flow...but they just won’t. It is 2019 - you can’t drag the ball in when you are on the ground...so pay holding the ball ans lets get rolling.

Same thing with the mens.

Back in the old days (:D ) if there was congestion the umpire would just pick a free and clear the pack

Doggy
09-02-2019, 10:11 PM
Final scores

Western Bulldogs
5.4 (34)

Geelong Cats
2.4 (16)

Eastdog
09-02-2019, 10:22 PM
Go Dogs! Great start to the premiership defence.

Doggy
09-02-2019, 11:15 PM
WESTERN BULLDOGS 1.0 4.0 5.0 5.4 (34)

GEELONG 1.2 1.2 2.4 2.4 (16)

GOALS

Bulldogs: Utri, Berry, Toogood, Blackburn, McCarthy

Cats: McWilliams, Clarke

BEST

Bulldogs: Blackburn, Lamb, Scott, Berry, Spark, Conti

Cats: Purcell, Garing, Keryk, McDonald, McWilliams, Crockett-Grills

ATTENDANCE: 8612 at Whitten Oval

HOSE B ROMERO
09-02-2019, 11:34 PM
Really like the look of Utri when she plays up the ground. And McCarthy's kicking style for an Irish girl. Brilliant snap for the goal.

SonofScray
09-02-2019, 11:40 PM
That second quarter did all the damage and the defensive effort in the third really choked the life out of the Cats.

I like these girls, they are playing a style of footy that is easy to get around, culturally, as a Footscray fan. Very stoic, physical defence and a small/mid sized, scrambling forward line. Playing the right way.

bornadog
10-02-2019, 12:14 AM
I watched a little bit of the Collingwood v Melbourne match and all of the Bulldogs match. The girls seem to just want to pick up the ball and blaze away, to no one in particular, especially the kicking into the forward line. (sound familiar :D ) No wonder not too many goals are scored at AFLW level. The game is still developing, and eventually there will be more fluency.

I thought our tackling and pressure was excellent tonight.

josie
10-02-2019, 01:38 AM
Standard has improved heaps each season.Agree with BAD about tackling & pressure. Marking also good plus ruckwork. Lauren Spark is a star, as is Blackburn, Lamb and Scott. Conti good too. Nice start to season. Go girls.

Also, great to see premiership flag flying, nice new scoreboard and vibrancy of decent crowd.

Remi Moses
10-02-2019, 09:43 AM
Went last night . Really enjoyed it
Club doing a great job with the activities and great having a scoreboard
Didn’t like the make some noise b/s on the scoreboard
A) it’s unnecessary
B) it frightened the crap out of me

GVGjr
10-02-2019, 10:41 AM
Went last night . Really enjoyed it
Club doing a great job with the activities and great having a scoreboard

Same here Remi. Great crowd, good footy and the scoreboard is fantastic

We are certainly building a strong club.

Happy Days
10-02-2019, 12:38 PM
There was always going to be a substantial opportunity for Lamb with Kearney and Bruton leaving and I'm stoked to see she's taken it with both hands. No one is going to accuse her of being a particularly skilled player but she's so uncompromising in her effort.

We need to find a way to get more out of KB. She's being wasted as a deep forward and I'd look to use her similarly to how Collingwood used Hope last season as a true CHF. Might even be worth getting her in the middle.

boydogs
10-02-2019, 12:43 PM
We need to find a way to get more out of KB. She's being wasted as a deep forward and I'd look to use her similarly to how Collingwood used Hope last season as a true CHF. Might even be worth getting her in the middle.

She kicked all our goals in round 1 and won it for us with a 2 minute burst

With the low scoring games having someone who can mark and kick straight deep forward is gold

Happy Days
10-02-2019, 12:51 PM
She kicked all our goals in round 1 and won it for us with a 2 minute burst

With the low scoring games having someone who can mark and kick straight deep forward is gold

I disagree - her goals were from a free kick and a quick turnover, not from any great exhibition of skill. She didn't serve a role that a player with substantially less talent (like Lochland for example) couldn't fill.

She's the best kick in the world and a far superior athlete than virtually everyone else in the league. I think we're leaving a Ferrari in the garage.

boydogs
10-02-2019, 03:04 PM
I disagree - her goals were from a free kick and a quick turnover, not from any great exhibition of skill. She didn't serve a role that a player with substantially less talent (like Lochland for example) couldn't fill.

She's the best kick in the world and a far superior athlete than virtually everyone else in the league. I think we're leaving a Ferrari in the garage.

If Lochland doesn't get the free because the opposition isn't as paranoid about containing her, we lose that game

Lochland's also injured, maybe things change when she's back

merantau
10-02-2019, 04:11 PM
Good win. Who doesn't like beating Geelong? Players went in hard and worked for each other. Biggest improvement I can see overall is in marking. Agree with comments about Brennan. She is not having the influence expected from someone of her talent. Players with real pace seem to be a bit thin on the ground. Conti is an absolute standout for pace. Makes many others look pedestrian. Lamb has lifted her game to another level. A very strong player in the engine room. Sparke is a star down back. We are playing well and will be right up there at the business end.

bornadog
14-02-2019, 01:12 PM
Round 3 - Friday, February 15 2019 - 7:15 PM AEDT

North v Western Bulldogs
UTAS Stadium

First v 2nd - should be a cracking game.

Hotdog60
14-02-2019, 08:02 PM
NORTH MELBOURNE

B: J.Trend 21, B.Gibson 18, J.Grierson 19
HB: D.Hardiman 31, T.Randall 16, J.Duffin 27
C: E.Kearney (c) 9
HF: K.Ashmore 10, K.Gillespie-Jones 5, D.Bateman 11
F: M.Hope 23, J.Garner 25, C.Munn 13
Foll: Emma King 60, J.Stanton 17, J.Bruton 35
I/C: Elisha King 4, E.Humphries 6, A.Drennan 8, N.Bresnehan 12, C.Haines 29
Emg: T.Mesiti 3, G.Nanscawen 22
In: C.Munn, C.Haines
Out: S.Abbatangelo (Injured), A.Riddell (ankle)

WESTERN BULLDOGS

B: N.Ferres 16, L.Spark 11, B.Hunt 21
HB: N.Callinan 10, T.Ernst 19, H.Scott 22
C: K.Lamb 27
HF: L.Birch 18, K.Brennan (c) 3, M.Conti 8
F: A.McCarthy 15, E.Mackie 25, A.Utri 23
Foll: K.Rennie 24, A.Gogos 36, E.Blackburn 2
I/C: C.Moody 13, H.Wildes 17, B.Toogood 28, D.Berry 7, B.Smith 12
Emg: E.Brown 9, E.Gamble 14
In: E.Mackie, H.Wildes
Out: K.McLeod, E.Brown

Testekill
14-02-2019, 08:34 PM
Hope we put Kearney through the wringer.

boydogs
14-02-2019, 11:00 PM
Hopefully our defense can keep us in the game, North have been scoring heavily

HOSE B ROMERO
15-02-2019, 07:19 PM
for those who want to watch the game but don't have foxtel, you can download the free aflw app. Go dogs.

chef
15-02-2019, 08:58 PM
We got smashed that quarter

Grantysghost
15-02-2019, 09:02 PM
We got smashed that quarter

North has put together a fair side. Maybe a little too generous with the concessions. Hocking is just throwing darts, not sure he's the right guy to take the game forward.

Hotdog60
15-02-2019, 09:02 PM
It's easy to see when a team can poach the best players from a thin pool.
I hope the Dogs can step up in the second half and make it tough for them.

HOSE B ROMERO
15-02-2019, 09:10 PM
Just too easy out of the centre. All is not lost. I think we're much better than we showed in that quarter. Can't lose our heads.

Hotdog60
15-02-2019, 09:59 PM
A lack of discipline in the end we started well but gave away any momentum it might have built.

bornadog
15-02-2019, 11:38 PM
North has put together a fair side. Maybe a little too generous with the concessions. Hocking is just throwing darts, not sure he's the right guy to take the game forward.

How they were allowed to poach some of the best players frothe existing teams just makes a mokery of the competition. I *!*!*!*!ing hate Hocking and what he has done to the whole AFL.

mjp
16-02-2019, 04:56 PM
I had training last night so finally watching now.

1. The commentary is making if almost unwatchable. 2 weeks ago we had a commentator who was calling every second kick a ‘banana’ when it clearly wasn’t a banana. Now we have ‘locate’ disease...a quick look at the stats would have shown whoever it was that the ability to ‘locate’ was not the problem. The ability to actually win the ball - inside and outside the contest - was a pretty massive problem though.
2. More on the commentary. It is actually ok to criticise a player (or two). Everything is unrelentingly positive but poor skills, fumbling and generally being lazy in transition are poor skills, fumbling and laziness. They aren’t speed, good attitudes and ‘working hard on their game’.
3. Man oh man we are struggling to exit the d50. A little bit of a plan would be nice to see.

bornadog
18-02-2019, 05:54 PM
AFLW Round 4 | Western Bulldogs vs Brisbane Lions

When: Saturday 23 February, 2019

Where: VU Whitten Oval, 417 Barkly St, Footscray

Gates Open: 5:30pm EDT
Game Starts: 7:15pm EDT
Admission: Free

Happy Days
18-02-2019, 05:57 PM
Might actually be able to go to this one!

bornadog
22-02-2019, 05:35 PM
The match will be broadcast live on 7 Mate from 7pm AEDT

Full back
N Ferres
L Spark
S Karlson

Half back
L Birch
T Ernst
H Scott

Centreline

M Conti

Half forward
A Utri
E Gamble
B Toogood

Full forward
A McCarthy
K Brennan
E Mackie

Followers
K Rennie
K Lamb
E Blackburn

Interchange
C Moody
N Callinan
A Gogos

D Berry
K McLeod

Emergencies
E Brown
B Smith

In: S Karlson (debut), E Gamble, K McLeod
Out: B Hunt, H Wildes, B Smith (omitted)

Hotdog60
23-02-2019, 08:56 PM
It's all looking a bit sad at half time.
Can I be one-eyed and say we aren't getting the rub of green.
But we are not playing well and it looks as though the Lions have done their home work on us.

GVGjr
23-02-2019, 09:12 PM
I think we have been out coached but I think that is taking a bit off the Lions as they have been excellent
They just get a lot more to a contest than we do

mjp
23-02-2019, 09:16 PM
But we are not playing well and it looks as though the Lions have done their home work on us.

That isn't it.

We are so:
1/. Tentative around the contest.
2/. Unable to exit the ball from D50

Thet we genuinely give ourselves no chance.

When you look at the Brisbane forward 50 and there are 10 blue jumpers to 5 white, exactly WHO do the girls think they are going to kick the ball too? Yet kick it they do...and what a surprise, it bounces straight back in. Brisbane suck us in and cover the exits - we panic and kick it straight to them...down the other end, Brennan is 1v2 (or worse) but there is ALWAYS an outlet player for the Lions to hit...and our girls seem to just be standing in the corridor and letting them find the target.

Maybe our ability in the contest over the past couple of seasons has papered over some of the cracks but man oh man this is frustrating...

And as I type that, we butcher/miss the unmissable goal (3rd q). I really do wonder where this has all gone so wrong in the past couple of weeks but the way we are playing cannot possibly be the plan.

As McCarthy finally kicks our first. Rant over.

Hotdog60
23-02-2019, 09:30 PM
A bit more endeavour that quarter but still got shut down half way through.
Can a short season turn into a long one.

HOSE B ROMERO
24-02-2019, 04:04 PM
I was at the game last night and it appeared to me that the lions just worked harder to get into space. Whenever they did get the intercept mark they had players on their own to move the ball downfield. That, and their execution was top class. Back to basics.

HOSE B ROMERO
03-03-2019, 07:05 PM
Lockland & Huntington back. Important for the girls to have a real impact. Go dogs!

HOSE B ROMERO
03-03-2019, 07:28 PM
Huntington & lockland looking good. Dogs concede two goals in last 40 seconds. Down 13-1 at qtr time.

HOSE B ROMERO
03-03-2019, 07:39 PM
scores level with great goals by Utri and McCarthy.

HOSE B ROMERO
03-03-2019, 07:51 PM
Good signs that qtr. freo up 20-19.

HOSE B ROMERO
03-03-2019, 08:14 PM
brilliant left snap Brennan. dogs in front

HOSE B ROMERO
03-03-2019, 08:25 PM
3qtr time. freo by 6pts. A real ding dong battle in 30deg heat. Great to hear a doggie supporter with the 'doggie, doggie, doggie' chant after one of our goals.

HOSE B ROMERO
03-03-2019, 09:56 PM
couple of late goals and freo win by 18. Much better showing this week but finals chance is gone.

GVGjr
03-03-2019, 10:01 PM
couple of late goals and freo win by 18. Much better showing this week but finals chance is gone.

Backing up from flags is proving difficult for us

Raw Toast
03-03-2019, 11:52 PM
Backing up from flags is proving difficult for us

Indeed.

Pretty frustrated with the coaching to be honest, and also with some of the leadership from key players.

The short-kicking game-plan drives me a bit crazy. There's a time and place for it, and when teams sag back like we do much of the time, then it can work nicely, but the stupidly small ball is harder to kick accurately, and we look so much better when we're able to run and carry.

That said, when the ball's in tight, our players need to just handpass it to someone (preferably in better position!) - Blackburn, Brennan, Berry, and Conti* have been caught far too often when they could've given the ball to someone better placed. Conti's the best of these at getting free, so I'm happy with her having a bit more license, but she still got caught a bit too much for mine.

I think it's been said before, but this season we've struggled to spread well, struggled with other teams spread, and had a strange forward set-up where we've consistently been out-numbered. I actually liked playing Brennan as a mobile CHF, because she's been playing from behind too much as a FF for mine.

And both Huntington and Lochland gave a glimpse of what they could have offered for a full season...

I actually quite like our list and the depth of young players that we've got, but it's been a frustrating season. If it was at least a longer season of semi-reasonable length, we'd have had the chance of working through this poor patch, but the loss to North seemed to really knock us about a bit, and we just couldn't quite get over the line today.

The less said about the crap umpiring the better (although unfortunately even I have to concede that it wasn't quite the difference today).

bornadog
04-03-2019, 01:24 AM
I actually liked playing Brennan as a mobile CHF, because she's been playing from behind too much as a FF for mine.

I asked Paul the other week where he thought KB's best spot was and he said deep forward. I was going to contradict him and like you thought she is better at CHF - but what would I know and didn't say anything.

Hotdog60
10-03-2019, 11:56 AM
A bit disappointing last night, it just goes to show if they could have score anything in that first quarter the result could have been different.
Credit to Melbourne they played very well and have some good players. If they loose Paxman to the new clubs they will find themselves in the same position as us loosing chilli con carni.
I thought Utri was the one that got us going in the second she was everywhere. I also like the look of McCarthy and should only get better as she gets more game time under belt.
Conti also had a great game and racked up possessions with Blackburn but I think we need to find a foil for Ellie as if she gets sat on we struggle in the middle. Gogos tries hard but her disposal is a bit hit and miss and Lamb has size but lacks pace.
I hope we can keep our better players this time round and recruit someone for the middle.

Hotdog60
15-03-2019, 07:30 AM
Bartlett to debut in Pride Game
https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/WesternBulldogs/Hero/2017_HERO/297x317-KateBartlett.png

Kate Bartlett will become the sixth player to debut for the Bulldogs’ AFLW team when she takes the field on Sunday against Carlton in Round 7.

The Bulldogs take on the Blues in the Pride Game at VU Whitten Oval this Sunday - the final home and away game for the 2019 season.

Bartlett follows in the footsteps of Eleanor Brown, Celine Moody, Aisling McCarthy and Selena Karlson to make her AFLW debut this season.

Belinda Smith, who crossed from Fremantle in the off-season, also pulled on the tri-colours for the first time in 2019.

The 19-year-old was recruited from Peel Thunderbirds in Western Australia as the Bulldogs' third selection (pick 26 overall) in the 2018 NAB AFL Women's Draft.

She was one of the best-performed forwards in the NAB AFLW Under-18 Championships last year.

Bartlett has been named in the forward line for Sunday’s match, and is joined in the extended squad by defender Bailey Hunt.

The final 21 will be named at 4pm on Friday afternoon.

The Bulldogs went down by a solitary point last week against Melbourne at Marvel Stadium and are looking to snap a four-game losing streak.

The Pride Game will recognise and support the LBGTIQ community by celebrating inclusiveness, gender diversity, and welcoming all people, no matter their sexual orientation.

LINK (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2019-03-14/aflw-team-round-7)

bornadog
17-03-2019, 07:09 PM
After a goal less 3 quarters the dogs kicked 5 in the last only to lose by 3 points.

Hopefully we don't lose as many players as we did this year to new clubs, it has really hurt us.

We went to the draft this year and picked up some good young players which should put us in a good position for years to come.

If we can pickup another good mid for next year, should make a big difference.

Raw Toast
17-03-2019, 08:46 PM
Cracking final quarter, but the less said about the first 3 the better.

We've got some fantastic young players - Conti was thrilling to watch today, but I continue to really like Utri and McCarthey amongst others, and our ball delivery didn't suit Huntington but she was great last week. Really hoping that we don't get pillaged again.

But also pretty concerned with our coaching. Seems like opponents worked out our game plan from the 3rd game onwards, and we had no answers. We were smashed structurally today again. I know we won the flag last year, but my feeling then was that a lot of it was the coach getting out of the way of the team, and he seems like he's been unable to do that this year...

Raw Toast
17-03-2019, 09:08 PM
For those who haven't been able to get along, the games at the Whitten Oval have a fantastic atmosphere.

Up with the best live sport attendance I've ever had.

josie
17-03-2019, 09:24 PM
Great atmosphere again - as mentioned by Raw Toast. We seemed to kick blindly a lot whereas blues and other teams that beat us seemed to have better positioning and someone to hand pass too. We sometimes seem to have too many jump on the ball and no-one to receive handpass in the clear. Also need another 1 or 2 speedsters. Wish we could clone Ellie Blackburn-what a star she is.

Here’s hoping we are not pillaged again. Last quarter was gripping though and love dogettes tenacity to never give up. In order of who I think we just have to keep is (without analysing too deeply): Brennan, Blackburn, Conti, Lochland, Huntington, Spark, Lamb, Scott, Toogood.Shout out to Utri too-she has got better each season and despite the odd clanger is starting to do a few nice team things.

Wish the Dogs and AFL would ask for gold coin donation that could either help AFLW or go to a worthy cause. I think they would raise a bit!! Kudos to Club for well organised games at WO - great to see the big crowds and loved the rainbow guernesys worn by both teams (ours looked better though!).

Hotdog60
17-03-2019, 10:16 PM
I was a bit disappointed today as I missed viewing the girls for 4 quarters.

The streaming through my TV was playing up and wasn't working which I then had to use a tablet on wireless which kept on buffering.

So after 2 and a half quarters I gave up. looks like I missed the best part.:(

boydogs
17-03-2019, 11:20 PM
In order of who I think we just have to keep is (without analysing too deeply): Brennan, Blackburn, Conti, Lochland, Huntington, Spark, Lamb, Scott, Toogood.Shout out to Utri too-she has got better each season and despite the odd clanger is starting to do a few nice team things

Lochland struggled coming back into the side after injury and didn't have the impact she did last year, hopefully next year with a clean run at it she will be better

Lamb is very limited, slow and poor kick, struggled to fill the gap left by Kearney

Toogood was in and out of the side, and moved between back and forward - not a must keep with Brennan, Huntington & Lochland in the side

We struggled in a number of areas today - high marking, pace, contested ball - we're a few stars away from returning to the top