PDA

View Full Version : Who's on your radar?

Ghost Dog
17-03-2019, 11:29 PM
Every season there is one or two players at an interesting stage of their careers and like to focus on them a bit as the year progresses.

Who is the player you look forward to watching this season closely?
What do you think they can add to our team?

This season Sam Lloyd is on my radar. As a forward in a team desperate for goals, he's at a good age to set the example.
-Robbed of opportunity at Richmond- raring to go in a best 22.
-New 666 Rule and strong midfield will help bring him into play.
-Good track record of kicking clutch goals and performance under pressure.

Like what I see so far.

soupman
17-03-2019, 11:30 PM
Every season there is one or two players at an interesting stage of their careers and like to focus on them a bit as the year progresses.

This season Sam Lloyd is on my radar. As a forward in a team desperate for goals, he's at a good age to set the example.

Like what I see so far.

I thought he was a good signing at the time and will add more than expected. A composed, smart good ball user, I see him being a bit like Giansiracusa ws as that clean user that played forward and pushed up to support the mids.

boydogs
17-03-2019, 11:32 PM
Liberatore, could win the brownlow

Ghost Dog
17-03-2019, 11:33 PM
I thought he was a good signing at the time and will add more than expected. A composed, smart good ball user, I see him being a bit like Giansiracusa ws as that clean user that played forward and pushed up to support the mids.

That's a very good comparison. Let's hope he lives up to the Gia mantle.

bornadog
17-03-2019, 11:41 PM
Looking forward to seeing how Mclean progresses this year. Has shown plenty in the midfield, however, with him going back to being a small forward, will be interesting to see how he performs.

The other one is Schache - big young bloke that can take a grab. He will be needed in the forward line if we are to win games this year.

Ghost Dog
17-03-2019, 11:55 PM
Looking forward to seeing how Mclean progresses this year. Has shown plenty in the midfield, however, with him going back to being a small forward, will be interesting to see how he performs.

The other one is Schache - big young bloke that can take a grab. He will be needed in the forward line if we are to win games this year.

He's been kicking about a goal a game for most of his career. Will be good to see him succeed after all the mudslinging about his character at Brisbane. Another for whom the new rules will favour.

AshMac
18-03-2019, 09:01 AM
Know this is a bulldogs thread - but I’m keen to watch Josh kelly this year. Bad concussion last year is always frightening for a player like that, keen to see if he bounces back. I think we’ll have a crack at him.

For us - very keen to see Cavarra, but from our likely r1 line up then Schache. Not a fan of his second efforts or intensity but like all other players in the AFL all preseaon reading suggests he has put on bulk and is ready to go hard

Mofra
18-03-2019, 10:52 AM
Lloyd and Schache are the two I'm watching - I'm bullish on Schache, not sure he becomes a KPF beats but he plays a taller marking role which is vital to us.

Lloyd I think is a classic moneyball type pick-up - cheap but provides support in an area we desperately lack.

The other is English. I'm not sure we are a truly competitive side until English is developed.

bulldogtragic
18-03-2019, 10:57 AM
Fletcher Roberts. Now hear me out. He's now the most experienced genuine KPD we have. The responsibility is in him to get in the side and lead from the front. When given the pressure & responsibility in 2016 finals, he stood up. Maybe he needs a personal chat with Bevo about leading our young KPDs now. His body looks much stronger in the arms,and much leaner through the body. He looks ready to have strength in the contest, but more mobility. It might sound strange, but if he can lock down a spot with Cordy, we can play Naughton or Young forward too if we wanted. There's no Hamling, no Adams, no Collins, no Morris. This is make or break for him, and I'm hoping it's a 'make'.

craigsahibee
18-03-2019, 04:43 PM
English, Williams and Lynch for me.

Some of Tim's tap work throughout the JLT was outstanding, only to be undone by poor kicking skills and options in the attacking 50. (Not Tim's fault obviously)

Bailey has had enough games now to realise that he deserves to be there and Brad got a taste of it late last year and didn't look out of place. These guys need to understand that once they're in the 22, they have to make an impact and all three of them can potentially have a huge impact on our team's performance.

Williams in particular can be the hard running wingman who links up with the rest of the mids to take advantage of the 6-6-6 rule when our mids are getting first use of the footy. His long kicking skills might allow us to play Schache or the resting ruckman out of the goal square where Lloyd and/or McLean can be at the foot of the contest.

Conversely, he needs to push back hard into defense when we are not cleaning up out of the centre to assist a young and in-experienced backline. I suspect that Williams might play more in defense whilst JJ is out injured.

Lynch could play a similar type of role, much like what Isaac Smith has done at Hawthorn for a few years now.

GVGjr
18-03-2019, 09:19 PM

Like what I see so far.

I'm looking at players that made some positive steps last year and hoping they continue on the same path so the likes of Greene, Lipinski, Williams and Schache are right on my radar.
I think all of them can improve on last years form.

S Coast Simon
18-03-2019, 09:39 PM
I’m excited to see what Bailey Williams can do. He was becoming very good before being injured. He was already above what I though he could be. Would love to see him racking up big numbers because he has a great disposal by foot.

AshMac
19-03-2019, 07:22 PM
I’m excited to see what Bailey Williams can do. He was becoming very good before being injured. He was already above what I though he could be. Would love to see him racking up big numbers because he has a great disposal by foot.

I’d love to bottle and drink his side step

Bullies
20-03-2019, 11:11 AM
Fletcher Roberts. Now hear me out. He's now the most experienced genuine KPD we have. The responsibility is in him to get in the side and lead from the front. When given the pressure & responsibility in 2016 finals, he stood up. Maybe he needs a personal chat with Bevo about leading our young KPDs now. His body looks much stronger in the arms,and much leaner through the body. He looks ready to have strength in the contest, but more mobility. It might sound strange, but if he can lock down a spot with Cordy, we can play Naughton or Young forward too if we wanted. There's no Hamling, no Adams, no Collins, no Morris. This is make or break for him, and I'm hoping it's a 'make'. I would have chosen Roberts as well. He can play the Morris role of nullifying the key forward and just doing his job. I would take Roberts over Trengove any time and he gives 100%.

ledge
20-03-2019, 05:54 PM
Lewis Young , gun first year then completely disappeared off the radar last year .. he either starts getting games again or other clubs and he will be looking elsewhere.
I don’t want to see him go.

bornadog
20-03-2019, 06:27 PM
Lewis Young , gun first year then completely disappeared off the radar last year .. he either starts getting games again or other clubs and he will be looking elsewhere.
I don’t want to see him go.

Turned 20 in December, has some time on his side.

ratsmac
20-03-2019, 09:25 PM
Turned 20 in December, has some time on his side.

Yep plenty of time for Lewie.

I'm actually super excited to see Bailey Smith. I know everyone else is too being an early draft pick. There I was a lot of hype around this kid last year and I want to see why. I think we a one gun midfielder short and I'm hoping Bailey will be that gun.

Another is Tim English. We are desperate for an A grade ruckman IMO. We need to be competitive in all areas of ground including the ruck. Tim has been the talk of the preseason so let's hope he can turn preseason form into actual form. I'd love to see his contested mark game improve especially. Roughy was a decent mark around the ground that we'll miss so we need Tim to provide the get out of trouble mark.

1eyedog
20-03-2019, 10:44 PM
Fletcher Roberts. Now hear me out. He's now the most experienced genuine KPD we have. The responsibility is in him to get in the side and lead from the front. When given the pressure & responsibility in 2016 finals, he stood up. Maybe he needs a personal chat with Bevo about leading our young KPDs now. His body looks much stronger in the arms,and much leaner through the body. He looks ready to have strength in the contest, but more mobility. It might sound strange, but if he can lock down a spot with Cordy, we can play Naughton or Young forward too if we wanted. There's no Hamling, no Adams, no Collins, no Morris. This is make or break for him, and I'm hoping it's a 'make'.

Absolutely cracking bloke too. I have optics on Bailey Williams. Has all the attributes, tallish, quickish, finds the footy and kicks goals. Could be a top 5 B&F smokey.

Bulldog4life
21-03-2019, 12:46 PM
I am looking forward to seeing Ed Richards play this year. A bit quiet in the practice matches but had a terrific first year. I want to see if he builds on that.

KT31
21-03-2019, 07:05 PM
I am looking forward to seeing Ed Richards play this year. A bit quiet in the practice matches but had a terrific first year. I want to see if he builds on that.

Beat me to it B4l, I am really excited about Ed and think he will have a cracking season.

But the Bonts is who I am most excited about, I think will find another gear this season.
Our younger brigade are maturing and becoming bigger bodied so he should have more back up and support.

merantau
22-03-2019, 03:37 PM
Gowers and Dickson for mine. We have missed Tory badly these last two years. Gowers is a hard at it type who can take a good grab. He's capable of 40 plus goals if he kicks straight.