PDA

View Full Version : AFL Game Day Round #2 2019

Eastdog
27-03-2019, 08:57 PM
All discussion of the other games of the round.

Vred
28-03-2019, 03:30 AM
Collingwood tonight by 20

EasternWest
28-03-2019, 10:48 PM
Well it's clear the memo has gone out about easing off on "contact below the knees".

Vred
28-03-2019, 11:14 PM
I think I was a little out with my prediction.. Collingwood ran circles around Richmond for most of the game

boydogs
28-03-2019, 11:29 PM
Richmond were completely outworked tonight - check out the possessions, marks and tackles - couldn't get near it or their opponents

https://i.imgur.com/0pX6iMx.png

Vred
29-03-2019, 12:27 AM
Richmond were completely outworked tonight - check out the possessions, marks and tackles - couldn't get near it or their opponents

https://i.imgur.com/0pX6iMx.png

Richmond overrated or Collingwood a much better team?

Sedat
29-03-2019, 12:37 AM
Reckon the Tigers season is cooked and they'll struggle to even make finals. Riewoldt out for 8 weeks with a broken scaphoid with Rance out for the season leaves them completely exposed at both ends. They'll also lose Grimes to suspension next week against GWS.

Their amazing injury run with their top 4 players has come to an end and the role players underneath have been woefully exposed.

Bulldog4life
29-03-2019, 02:13 PM
Reckon the Tigers season is cooked and they'll struggle to even make finals. Riewoldt out for 8 weeks with a broken scaphoid with Rance out for the season leaves them completely exposed at both ends. They'll also lose Grimes to suspension next week against GWS.

Their amazing injury run with their top 4 players has come to an end and the role players underneath have been woefully exposed.

Toughen up Jack. EJ played most o his career with a broken scaphoid bone.

EasternWest
29-03-2019, 03:51 PM
I think I was a little out with my prediction.. Collingwood ran circles around Richmond for most of the game

Both.

I rate Collingwood. Play hard and unselfishly.

G-Mo77
29-03-2019, 10:33 PM
I've got to say, Papley is becoming or has become one of the most dislikable arseholes in this league.

Sedat
29-03-2019, 10:53 PM
Gee we didn't beat much last week if tonight's insipid match is any indication.

Rocket Science
29-03-2019, 10:59 PM
Gee we didn't beat much last week if tonight's insipid match is any indication.

Skills by foot from both mobs have been deplorable.

Sydney are in real strife this year.

Sedat
29-03-2019, 11:10 PM
I keep hearing what a star Callum Mills is, but all I've ever seen is a very ordinary footballer.

Hotdog60
29-03-2019, 11:10 PM
The Swans look very slow and lack intensity.

Remi Moses
29-03-2019, 11:34 PM
Not a great game , but the crows get a big win .
Sydney are in big trouble . Brad Crouch was brilliant as was Sloane in the second half .
Jenkins would frustrate the crap out of you

ledge
30-03-2019, 10:28 AM
The big question is can Bruce call a game without saying that was Carey or Cyril Rioli like , he managed to get Carey in again last night, he always brings him up when calling with him.

The Adelaide Connection
30-03-2019, 10:33 AM
My three points from the Sydney v Crows game are:
1) Both teams presented like bottom four candidates. Sure it was greasy, but the decision-making was as bad as the skills and both seem to have adopted our “dump it in” philosophy for inside 50’s. It won’t work very well.

2) The umpires stifled any chance Sydney had of making it really interesting. There were a few critical howlers that cost Sydney easy shots on goal and resulted in the ball heading up the other end and effectively ended the contest. One such example on Sam Reid would have put Sydney 10 down with 20 minutes to go and all the momentum. #freekickcrows indeed.

3) If Taylor Walker was a no-name periphery player he would seriously be in contention for being cut from the Crows list. Has dramatically fallen off the earth and become an A-grade spud.

Rocket Science
30-03-2019, 11:05 AM
Christ I'd find it hard to be fond of our club if McGuire was its mouthpiece.

SonofScray
30-03-2019, 11:29 AM
Sydney it would appear weren't quite the scalp I had hoped. The frequent calls of them sliding look about to come true.

Eddie, it is time for him to go away. There must be better talent out there.

hujsh
30-03-2019, 11:51 AM
What'd Eddie do?

SonofScray
30-03-2019, 11:55 AM
What'd Eddie do?

Went on a little rant about the coin toss and the lady doing it struggling. She was an amputee and a guest of the Swans. He just doesn't think, all his attempts at humuour are that blokey shit canning style, delivered with a shot gun. Guy has been in the game and media bubble too long.

G-Mo77
30-03-2019, 11:55 AM
Christ I'd find it hard to be fond of our club if McGuire was its mouthpiece.

Certainly gets caught with his foot in his mouth more often than anyone.

This instance seemed like ignorance on his behalf and didn't know who she was. It doesn't excuse him, he's supposed to be an AFL expert so some research wouldn't have gone astray and now he's got egg all over his face......again.

Sedat
30-03-2019, 12:15 PM
Certainly gets caught with his foot in his mouth more often than anyone.

This instance seemed like ignorance on his behalf and didn't know who she was. It doesn't excuse him, he's supposed to be an AFL expert so some research wouldn't have gone astray and now he's got egg all over his face......again.
Far be it from me to defend Eddie but this was an innocent mistake, unlike some of his other previous gaffes. He suitably apologised unreservedly when he found out who tossed the coin, and the matter should have ended there. But Sydney's ridiculous statement later in the evening smacked of crushing a walnut with a sledgehammer.

On a side note, I love how Sydney talk of 'inclusion' and 'diversity' whilst at the same time being sponsored by Qatar Airways, who happen to be owned by a country where some such examples of inclusion and diversity are punishable by death. But yeah, much easier to pile on Eddie for being the main opponent to their COLA rort.

SonofScray
30-03-2019, 12:22 PM
Far be it from me to defend Eddie but this was an innocent mistake, unlike some of his other previous gaffes. He suitably apologised unreservedly when he found out who tossed the coin, and the matter should have ended there. But Sydney's ridiculous statement later in the evening smacked of crushing a walnut with a sledgehammer.

On a side note, I love how Sydney talk of 'inclusion' and 'diversity' whilst at the same time being sponsored by Qatar Airways, who happen to be owned by a country where some such examples of inclusion and diversity are punishable by death. But yeah, much easier to pile on Eddie for being the main opponent to their COLA rort.

Swans and Eddie have bad blood. They were always going to pounce.

I think you're right re Eddie, it's rarely malicious, but it is borne of that boy's club attitude that is holding the game back.

Rocket Science
30-03-2019, 06:08 PM
Perfect weather under the dome and the Trade Period Premiers have managed 2 behinds against the rampaging Saints to quarter time.

Champagne footy it ain't, but might settle in for this one.

Ghost Dog
30-03-2019, 06:35 PM
Went on a little rant about the coin toss and the lady doing it struggling. She was an amputee and a guest of the Swans. He just doesn't think, all his attempts at humuour are that blokey shit canning style, delivered with a shot gun. Guy has been in the game and media bubble too long.

Could he see she was an amputee?

Rocket Science
30-03-2019, 06:41 PM
Could he see she was an amputee?

She was wearing prosthetic legs covered by pants so yeah she was fair game.

Rocket Science
30-03-2019, 06:45 PM
Teehee.

Saints 51 to Bombres 29 at the half with one of the Trade Period Premiers' goals a total gift from the goal square for a deliberate rushed behind.

Think I can hear the meeja setting up camp outside Woosha's house.

Ghost Dog
30-03-2019, 06:48 PM
Eddie seems to do this about once a year. It doesn't seem to put a dent in his popularity. He's done worse. The Adam Goodes one was so bad.
GO SAINTS

comrade
30-03-2019, 06:48 PM
I just saw footage of 2 bombers players running off the ground while the ball was in play, allowing the saints to just run away. Worst effort I’ve seen

AndrewP6
30-03-2019, 06:57 PM

He apologised IF anyone took offence. That's not unreserved, and reeks of damage control, not sincere contrition. He is an experienced media person, it would have been simple to find out who she was. Ignorance is no excuse. He has form, and the word sorry becomes meaningless when you use it time and again, yet do nothing to modify your behaviour.

AndrewP6
30-03-2019, 06:59 PM
God I hope the Swans can go on with this.

Rocket Science
30-03-2019, 08:07 PM
Good work Sainters.

See everyone over at Bombreblitz.

G-Mo77
30-03-2019, 08:07 PM
I just saw footage of 2 bombers players running off the ground while the ball was in play, allowing the saints to just run away. Worst effort I’ve seen

I just saw that on Facebook. Hahahahaha

Hotdog60
30-03-2019, 08:10 PM
I hope John Worsfold has the barricade up they'll be coming fire and pitch forks.

bulldogtragic
30-03-2019, 08:12 PM
So winning trade week doesn't correlate to winning games? I don't understand.

bulldogtragic
30-03-2019, 08:13 PM
I hope John Worsfold has the barricade up they'll be coming fire and pitch forks.

They need to bring Hird back. The players never looked as fit or strong as they did under Hird.

G-Mo77
30-03-2019, 08:15 PM

They're recruiting in the wrong areas. They're best pickup has been Smith other than that they've gone for outside players with very little grunt, an area they already have covered.

bulldogtragic
30-03-2019, 08:19 PM
They're recruiting in the wrong areas. They're best pickup has been Smith other than that they've gone for outside players with very little grunt, an area they already have covered.

But they won trade week? Again.

FWIW This will be the third year without a first rounder too. I hope their fans got used to winning very few games... It's going to be a very lean time ahead.

comrade
30-03-2019, 08:30 PM
At least if they do bottom out, they can look forward to a nice early draft pick.

Oh wait...

Sedat
30-03-2019, 09:47 PM
He apologised IF anyone took offence. That's not unreserved, and reeks of damage control, not sincere contrition. He is an experienced media person, it would have been simple to find out who she was. Ignorance is no excuse. He has form, and the word sorry becomes meaningless when you use it time and again, yet do nothing to modify your behaviour.
What exactly do you want? He apologised last night and again this morning. He then recused himself from commentating the Ess v St Kilda game today. He can't undo what he said. Clearly he had no idea who was tossing the coin, and was mortified when he found out.

Sedat
30-03-2019, 09:50 PM
At least if they do bottom out, they can look forward to a nice early draft pick.

Oh wait...
The only circumstance where a GWS premoership is remotely palatable is this year. Perfection would be GWS runner up and a Bomber wooden spoon.

EasternWest
30-03-2019, 11:48 PM

They need to bring Hird back. The players never looked as fit or strong as they did under Hird.

You've sunk both free throws.

bornadog
30-03-2019, 11:56 PM
What exactly do you want? He apologised last night and again this morning. He then recused himself from commentating the Ess v St Kilda game today. He can't undo what he said. Clearly he had no idea who was tossing the coin, and was mortified when he found out.

In any case, WTF is he carrying on about a coin toss. The trouble with these commentators, they just talk shit and about the good old days instead of sticking to footy

jeemak
31-03-2019, 12:02 AM

I got what you were saying about Sydney's hypocrisy, but you've missed the mark on the dickhead's original error. He basically saw someone who clearly wasn't 100% able bodied and used what he saw as an opportunity to "get a laugh" over something completely frivolous.

Now he did apologise, but his original apology was absolute damage controlling horse shit that an ill thinking producer thought would be sufficient, and the dickhead ran with.

He's done the right thing removing himself from commentating duties, but you have to think he needs to take a break that's a bit longer than one game because he's clearly not in control of himself - given the opportunities he's had to you know, not be a dickhead repeatedly.

AndrewP6
31-03-2019, 01:53 AM

He should be stood down. Has had too many slip ups, and saying sorry every time is meaningless, when he clearly isn’t. I don’t agree at all that he was ‘mortified’, it was obviously done to placate people, to smooth the water until everyone forgets, and he can just go on until the next slip up. No he can’t undo what he said, and therein lies the issue. He is clearly unable to prevent himself from these slip ups, and deserves proper consequence.

Ghost Dog
31-03-2019, 03:35 AM
He should be stood down. Has had too many slip ups, and saying sorry every time is meaningless, when he clearly isn’t. I don’t agree at all that he was ‘mortified’, it was obviously done to placate people, to smooth the water until everyone forgets, and he can just go on until the next slip up. No he can’t undo what he said, and therein lies the issue. He is clearly unable to prevent himself from these slip ups, and deserves proper consequence.

Love your work Andrew but this is misguided. Is it proportionate to ask for someone's employment for a different opinion or a gaffe or even a few? To tell him to watch himself is appropriate but take his job? McGuire actually does quite a lot of charity work around the place. He is not an evil person.When Dippa put his foot in it, they made him do a tour of aboriginal communities. Why not make Eddie do a course in advocacy? He could transform this whole thing into something that will help thousands of people. This rage from Sydney is embarrassing. Get over it. Turn it into something positive.

ledge
31-03-2019, 09:44 AM
God Essendon were lucky they played St Kilda, any other club would have beaten them by 10 goals , saints wasted a heap of chances in front of goal early.
I don’t rate the saints at all and watching the interchange stuff up and players standing around while a saints player gets up and runs into an open goal tells me Essendon players are totally confused have no brain and no actual bonding of a team spirit.
A loss to Melbourne next week and they have internally lost the plot.

Hotdog60
31-03-2019, 09:57 AM
I couldn't believe a player would run past the ball that's in play and let the opposition just pick it up and waltz away with it. His thought process must be I have to get off maybe they are so caught up with doing their rotations that the game take second place.

Go_Dogs
31-03-2019, 10:26 AM
As always, it's hard to get a read on sides early in the season. Geelong look the goods, West Coast rebounded, Melbourne are spluttering and GWS are having a very impressive training run last week couldn't handle a quality opponent. Port limped over the line against Carlton.

ledge
31-03-2019, 11:57 AM
As always, it's hard to get a read on sides early in the season. Geelong look the goods, West Coast rebounded, Melbourne are spluttering and GWS are having a very impressive training run last week couldn't handle a quality opponent. Port limped over the line against Carlton.

It’s in the psych to base teams on last years performances but in reality If was true it would be the same teams up top every year, I find it funny that media and public say a team has a bad draw the next season based on teams they play when no one knows how teams will perform.
A bad draw can be assessed by travel and times between games, but even travel is a hard one to say as interstate teams travel every second week and still win the flag.
Therefore a bad draw can only be confirmed at the end of a season when you look at who played the eventual top 4 most.

Rocket Science
31-03-2019, 11:57 AM
The sweetest thing about both Melbourne & Essendon being humiliated this round is that they face off next Friday night and one of them will be zip-and-three for all to see.

Who's with me in a bulk order of popcorn?

Sedat
31-03-2019, 12:09 PM
I think you're right re Eddie, it's rarely malicious, but it is borne of that boy's club attitude that is holding the game back.
Yep, agree with this. The ribbing culture, which Ed and most of the footy media cut their teeth on, can be very funny between commentators and mates but it can blow up spectacularly as evidenced on Friday night. I honestly don't think there was a hint of any vindictiveness from Ed on Friday night that the Swans asserted in their sanctimonious bullshit statement. They simply hate Ed for exposing their sanctioned cheating via COLA and the academies.

GVGjr
31-03-2019, 01:11 PM
No one can endorse what Eddie said as it's indefensible but it's drawing a long bow to suggest he would have said what he did with some knowledge about the lady herself and what she meas to the Sydney Swans. He just needs to call the game instead of tying to make non football related observations.
He's racked up too many of these type of gaffes and hasn't quite learned from past mistakes.

GVGjr
31-03-2019, 01:12 PM
The sweetest thing about both Melbourne & Essendon being humiliated this round is that they face off next Friday night and one of them will be zip-and-three for all to see.

That's great news but I might actually have to support Melbourne which just won't sit well with me.

Ghost Dog
31-03-2019, 01:20 PM
Yep, agree with this. The ribbing culture, which Ed and most of the footy media cut their teeth on, can be very funny between commentators and mates but it can blow up spectacularly as evidenced on Friday night. I honestly don't think there was a hint of any vindictiveness from Ed on Friday night that the Swans asserted in their sanctimonious bullshit statement. They simply hate Ed for exposing their sanctioned cheating via COLA and the academies.

Or their first and second round results. Even with Super Buddy, ( I love watching him ) they are not tracking that well.

Ghost Dog
31-03-2019, 01:25 PM

Sydney are a surprise at 2-0 but It's too early to write them off. JLongmire is a pretty good coach.

Hotdog60
31-03-2019, 01:49 PM
That's great news but I might actually have to support Melbourne which just won't sit well with me.

I'm with you on this one. Can they both loose?

Sedat
31-03-2019, 01:55 PM
I'm 100% on the Bombers this week - they are in grave danger of considering getting a halfway competent coach if they keep their present form going.

C'mon Bombers, do it for Woosha ;)

Ghost Dog
31-03-2019, 02:08 PM
I'm 100% on the Bombers this week - they are in grave danger of considering getting a halfway competent coach if they keep their present form going.

C'mon Bombers, do it for Woosha ;)

"Essendon GM of List and Recruiting Adrian Dodoro has credited senior coach John Worsfold with fostering the growth of the club’s strong crop of promising young players." Well their website seems upbeat!
The Dodo and the Woosha.

AndrewP6
31-03-2019, 02:16 PM
Love your work Andrew but this is misguided. Is it proportionate to ask for someone's employment for a different opinion or a gaffe or even a few? To tell him to watch himself is appropriate but take his job? McGuire actually does quite a lot of charity work around the place. He is not an evil person.When Dippa put his foot in it, they made him do a tour of aboriginal communities. Why not make Eddie do a course in advocacy? He could transform this whole thing into something that will help thousands of people. This rage from Sydney is embarrassing. Get over it. Turn it into something positive.

What he said isn’t simply a difference of opinion. A gaffe, sure, but how many is he allowed before something is done? He should have been booted after implying Adam Goodes is a gorilla, this is just the latest. It would have taken seconds for him to inform himself, then he could have done his job properly i.e. call what was happening. All he had to was look at the woman, standing with the aid of a walking stick -anyone with half a brain could then see that there was some physical ailment present. Making him do a course would have zero effect - leopards and their spots comes to mind. Eddie’s version of humour might have been acceptable in the 90s, but it’s the 21st century. Your suggestion that people just “get over it” also doesn’t fly. You don’t tell indigenous Australians to get over the treatment doled out to their relatives, you don’t tell African Americans to get over their ancestors living in segregation and slavery. Until you’ve been the target of derision because of a physical disability, “get over it” isn’t an appropriate response.

Ghost Dog
31-03-2019, 02:21 PM
What he said isn’t simply a difference of opinion. A gaffe, sure, but how many is he allowed before something is done? He should have been booted after implying Adam Goodes is a gorilla, this is just the latest. It would have taken seconds for him to inform himself, then he could have done his job properly i.e. call what was happening. All he had to was look at the woman, standing with the aid of a walking stick -anyone with half a brain could then see that there was some physical ailment present. Making him do a course would have zero effect - leopards and their spots comes to mind. Eddie’s version of humour might have been acceptable in the 90s, but it’s the 21st century. Your suggestion that people just “get over it” also doesn’t fly. You don’t tell indigenous Australians to get over the treatment doled out to their relatives, you don’t tell African Americans to get over their ancestors living in segregation and slavery. Until you’ve been the target of derision because of a physical disability, “get over it” isn’t an appropriate response.

With respect sir, If you read my post I told Sydney to get over it. Do you not think that Sydney holding a press conference with Eddie where he pledges X amount and to volunteer for advocacy would be a better result than him losing his job?

No? ok then fire away.

Sydney are shitty with Eddie for a bunch of reasons. But what does that benefit anyone? There is a win-win situation here if people can see who can really benefit from it. Anyway, I think you misread my post so leave it there.

Hasn't Carowhine Wilson retired? or do they just wheel her out when they need a bit of high-on-soapbox Victorian-media rage.

AndrewP6
31-03-2019, 03:19 PM
With respect sir, If you read my post I told Sydney to get over it. Do you not think that Sydney holding a press conference with Eddie where he pledges X amount and to volunteer for advocacy would be a better result than him losing his job?

No? ok then fire away.

Sydney are shitty with Eddie for a bunch of reasons. But what does that benefit anyone? There is a win-win situation here if people can see who can really benefit from it. Anyway, I think you misread my post so leave it there.

Hasn't Carowhine Wilson retired? or do they just wheel her out when they need a bit of high-on-soapbox Victorian-media rage.

What or who would McGuire be an advocate for? Oafish, old style humour? Lack of tact... Being unprepared for your work... Or perhaps 'Making meaningless, self-serving apologies in order to protect your job'... No, I don't think that would be a good result at all. It would be better for him, but he's used up his lives. I think you've missed my point, this is nothing to do with Sydney. I have no idea what Wilson had to do with it either.

Bulldog4life
31-03-2019, 04:55 PM
I got what you were saying about Sydney's hypocrisy, but you've missed the mark on the dickhead's original error. He basically saw someone who clearly wasn't 100% able bodied and used what he saw as an opportunity to "get a laugh" over something completely frivolous.

Now he did apologise, but his original apology was absolute damage controlling horse shit that an ill thinking producer thought would be sufficient, and the dickhead ran with.

He's done the right thing removing himself from commentating duties, but you have to think he needs to take a break that's a bit longer than one game because he's clearly not in control of himself - given the opportunities he's had to you know, not be a dickhead repeatedly.

Don't agree there. I saw the same vision he saw and I wasn't aware.

chef
31-03-2019, 07:19 PM

She had a walking aid with her at the toss.

Bulldog4life
31-03-2019, 07:37 PM

Truthly didn't notice it the first time I saw it but I must admit I wasn't following it closely.

Rocket Science
31-03-2019, 07:42 PM
That a media heavy and megastar club president reckons its au fait to use his platform to piss on some hapless soul tossing the coin because it somehow doesn't please them says it all really. Only compounded by trotting out the timeless *IF* anyone was offended schtick.

This is Big Ed's world people, you're just living in it. And heaven help you if your coin toss isn't up to snuff.

GVGjr
31-03-2019, 07:43 PM

She certainly did but I didn't notice it until it was pointed out, Ed should have just been commenting on the game ahead not the standard of the coin toss but I don't for one second think he made the comment vindictively.

Ghost Dog
31-03-2019, 11:57 PM
What or who would McGuire be an advocate for? Oafish, old style humour? Lack of tact... Being unprepared for your work... Or perhaps 'Making meaningless, self-serving apologies in order to protect your job'... No, I don't think that would be a good result at all. It would be better for him, but he's used up his lives. I think you've missed my point, this is nothing to do with Sydney. I have no idea what Wilson had to do with it either.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AFL/comments/b6x7g1/swans_club_statement_regarding_eddie_mcguires/

So Sydney publish a statement rather than just picking up the phone and talking to Eddie, as they should. They've gone for reputation damage. FYI in this way, Sydney should get over it. Sort it out rather than play politics. Get some education happening, charity dollars in action and a public apology. But maybe that's expecting too much in a tribal landscape. Anyway, The first rule in conflict resolution is talk directly. If you want to maintain a relationship. Should Dippa have been fired too?

AndrewP6
01-04-2019, 06:50 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/AFL/comments/b6x7g1/swans_club_statement_regarding_eddie_mcguires/

So Sydney publish a statement rather than just picking up the phone and talking to Eddie, as they should. They've gone for reputation damage. FYI in this way, Sydney should get over it. Sort it out rather than play politics. Get some education happening, charity dollars in action and a public apology. But maybe that's expecting too much in a tribal landscape. Anyway, The first rule in conflict resolution is talk directly. If you want to maintain a relationship. Should Dippa have been fired too?

The only person responsible for reputation damage is Eddie. Education only works to an extent. Charity donations don't prevent people from being idiots. He apologises every single time - it clearly means nothing to him. Dippa was stood down without pay from his role as Auskick ambassador for his remarks about Gavin Wanganeen. Eddie just continues on.

Twodogs
01-04-2019, 10:48 PM
Richmond overrated or Collingwood a much better team?

Richmond have been really overrated the last 3 or 4 years by the media. They have been incredibly lucky with injuries for a start. Before this season Martin, Cotchin, Rance and Riewoldt had played 161 of a possible 164 games together. Then they got a few soft wins at their homeground in a finals series and they won a flag.

I think they are the most overrated and luckiest premiership team I have seen in my 50 years of following the game.

Twodogs
01-04-2019, 10:52 PM
She certainly did but I didn't notice it until it was pointed out, Ed should have just been commenting on the game ahead not the standard of the coin toss but I don't for one second think he made the comment vindictively.

I don't understand what was wrong with the coin toss in the first place? it went up in the air, spun a few times and landed on the ground and the umpire took one step toward it and announced 'heads', there was nothing wrong with it as far as I could see.

bornadog
01-04-2019, 11:24 PM
I was thinking about this today. It doesn't matter whether the person was disable or not, basically Eddie was having a go at someone for the way they tossed the coin. Totally inappropriate, and irrelevant to commentating on football.

This is not the only time he has had a go at ordinary people who he thinks he is better than.

jeemak
02-04-2019, 12:22 AM

Fair enough mate. I suppose we all notice different things.

The Adelaide Connection
02-04-2019, 12:31 AM

It’s a damn shame they are playing each other. If they were playing anyone else in the competition they would likely both be 0-3 but one of them is going to get a soft win.

bornadog
02-04-2019, 10:27 AM
It’s a damn shame they are playing each other. If they were playing anyone else in the competition they would likely both be 0-3 but one of them is going to get a soft win.

I prefer the Bombres lose.

Twodogs
02-04-2019, 11:13 AM

Every day of every week but I don't mind either way. At least if Melbourne lose it might give those who have been pumping them up for the last couple of years cause to stop and think properly about what sort of club and team Melbourne are.

The problem is that if Melbourne have another shit year then the AFL will again fall over themselves to make things up to them by making it simple for them to get a couple more players from other clubs. Again they wont be the type of player Melbourne need (for instance, they didn't need a May type) but City Hall will do it anyway. Anything for the Dees is the mantra at the moment.

Bulldog4life
02-04-2019, 11:20 AM
Every day of every week but I don't mind either way. At least if Melbourne lose it might give those who have been pumping them up for the last couple of years cause to stop and think properly about what sort of club and team Melbourne are.

The problem is that if Melbourne have another shit year then the AFL will again fall over themselves to make things up to them by making it simple for them to get a couple more players from other clubs. Again they wont be the type of player Melbourne need (for instance, they didn't need a May type) but City Hall will do it anyway. Anything for the Dees is the mantra at the moment.

Heard on the Fox Footy Show "On the Couch" that May rocked up at Melbourne out of condition and came last in the time trials. Great pick up.

Twodogs
02-04-2019, 11:45 AM
Heard on the Fox Footy Show "On the Couch" that May rocked up at Melbourne out of condition and came last in the time trials. Great pick up.

I think that they are going to really regret effectively swapping Jesse Hogan for Steven May. Hogan might have some problems at the moment but lots of young blokes have had mental demons and overcome them. There is no cure for being an arrogant turd like May.

comrade
02-04-2019, 11:54 AM
I love it when 2 teams I hate play each other, because it means I'm happy when 1 loses either way.

bornadog
02-04-2019, 12:54 PM

He is now injured again

Mofra
02-04-2019, 12:59 PM
Ditto.
I suspect Gawn destroys Bellcho who I simply don't rate very highly. Gawn is back.

KT31
02-04-2019, 09:20 PM

Could end up a nil all draw.

The Adelaide Connection
03-04-2019, 01:54 AM
Could end up a nil all draw.

Wouldn’t that be awesome. Both teams suck it up so bad and neither can get the job done and split the points. I’d like to see the last 10 minutes spent with both teams locked on the same score and just a montage of calamitous moments that syncs beautifully with Benny Hill music.

If there can only be one loser it has to be the Bombers for me. They should have ripped that club from the face of the earth when they had the chance.