31-03-2019, 03:14 PM
Massive game today and hopefully you al know the drill

List the 3 (new) things you learned today from the game against the Hawks

GVGjr
31-03-2019, 06:21 PM
Bump

bulldogtragic
31-03-2019, 06:55 PM
1. We can turn around 49 points in 20 minutes. *!*!*!*!ing hell thats insane.
2. Schache knockers on social media and the Internet, say sorry.
3. Libba is one of our most important players.

Twodogs
31-03-2019, 07:00 PM
1. I often sell Tom Libba short. At times he is our most important player.
2. Watching formally smug *!*!*!*!ing Hawthorn supporters screaming at the umpires just makes the win even more satisfying.
3. I love this club.

Bumper Bulldogs
31-03-2019, 09:00 PM
3. I learnt that I can actually be wrong. Yep thought we were gone at 3/4 time, and the box had been cooked by Clarkson.
2. This group are back and on the March.
1. We are building something good. It feels different. To me it’s the fabric of the club

AndrewP6
31-03-2019, 09:08 PM
1. These lads are made of the right stuff.
2. Josh Schache could be huge for us.
3. I get great enjoyment from watching Dawks flogs trudging out before the final siren. Especially the prick who shoved the Bulldogs gentleman near me, who uses an electric wheelchair,and not one person apart from ground staff told him to pull his head in.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
31-03-2019, 09:16 PM
1. Our back 6 are once again a very tight unit, if not very tall.
2. Libba has definitely got his groove back... look out opposition mids.
3. Took some stones for our coaching group to make the call to move Naughton forward...especially off the back of the Wood fiasco last year. He didn't star today, but off the back of his dominance last week, Hawks clearly had a plan to put time into him, and our other forwards prospered as a result.

bornadog
31-03-2019, 10:22 PM
1. I learnt my confidence in the team this year was warranted
2. One of the first times we have played such a tall team with the old fashion spine, and it works.
3. Libba certainly does make a difference to this team

angelopetraglia
31-03-2019, 10:23 PM
1. We can hit the scoreboard hard when it clicks for us.
2. Schache can be a big time player for us. Was enormous today.
3. Beating the Hawks at the MCG never gets tired.

merantau
31-03-2019, 10:23 PM
1. Tory Dickson still has a lot to offer. He was very important in the comeback
2. Josh Schache is stronger this year
3. Eastern Wood is leading from the back.

The Bulldogs Bite
31-03-2019, 10:26 PM
1. Libba might be our best player, which is saying something considering Bont and Macrae, but there's something intangible about the way he can impact a game and our side spiritually.

2. Schache/Naughton is an exciting combo - was unsure of it given our key defensive woes but we should stick it out. Great future, let's hope Young can keep building and hold down a KPD spot.

3. Duryea and Lloyd are important low key ins - a lot weren't a fan of either but I didn't mind the rationale and their contributions have been very solid two weeks in. Take them out and put 2 kids in and it's a big difference. Both use the ball well most of the time and are decent runners who can play multiple positions.

angelopetraglia
31-03-2019, 10:44 PM
1. Libba might be our best player, which is saying something considering Bont and Macrae, but there's something intangible about the way he can impact a game and our side spiritually.

2. Schache/Naughton is an exciting combo - was unsure of it given our key defensive woes but we should stick it out. Great future, let's hope Young can keep building and hold down a KPD spot.

3. Duryea and Lloyd are important low key ins - a lot weren't a fan of either but I didn't mind the rationale and their contributions have been very solid two weeks in. Take them out and put 2 kids in and it's a big difference. Both use the ball well most of the time and are decent runners who can play multiple positions.

Lloyd especially has surprised me. He is a fantastic user of the pill. He makes the right decision and executes the skill well.

ReLoad
31-03-2019, 10:55 PM
Only learnt one thing, there’s no greater feeling that when you’re in another time zone, waking up and seeing we’ve won. Especially against those pretentious silver spoon flogs!

josie
31-03-2019, 10:55 PM
1) We can win without Bonti starring, especially when Libba is on song
2) Schache and Naughton could be the KPP we have been waiting for - including some deft touches and 1%ers
3) It looks like overall the team’s disposal by foot has improved heaps from last 2 years

And just gotta sat this - it is delicously naughtily nice when Sicily gives 2 free kicks away that leads to two goals that helped us win (he he he)

ratsmac
01-04-2019, 12:13 AM
1. Libba is exactly what this team needed. He inspires those around him.

2. Problem: Hawthorn kill us when we turn the ball over.
Remedy: Don't turn the ball over.
As soon as we cleaned up our ball use we defended well and scored well.

3. Schache could be one of our best ever trades.

Vred
01-04-2019, 12:33 AM
1. Don't turn the game off at the end of the third to go do something else
2. Believe in the team, something is building and it seems like something special
3. I hate to think what happens when we have access to Boyd, JJ and Morris again.

FrediKanoute
01-04-2019, 08:21 AM
1. The new 6-6-6 rule makes run on's really hard to stop - good for the game
2. Schache will make it as a player. Love his mobility
3. Come back from the dead wins are great when you win!

Bulldog4life
01-04-2019, 09:26 AM
1. What is the creaking sound? Is it the premiership window opening?
2. JLT form means NUTHIN,
3. Winning the first 2 games of 2019 against two finalists of 2018 is sweet.

AshMac
01-04-2019, 09:37 AM
1. English played his best game yet. He can also kick 55 meters!
2. 92% disposal efficiency for Bailey Smith will give him the shot of confidence he needs. 20-25 touches for him next week is ambitious but achievable
3. Hawthorn have some elite talent, our ability to reload from defence and outplay them in the second and last quarter is outstanding
—————————————

Not new, so adding at end - Libba is our most important player IMO. Not best, most important

craigsahibee
01-04-2019, 12:00 PM
1. Libba = Elite. But I kinda new that already.
2. Crozier. Becoming very reliable. The less said about him in the media, the better it is for us.
3. Schache. Unleash the beast. This kid could be enourmous.

BornInDroopSt'54
01-04-2019, 12:56 PM
1 When fringe recruits like Duryea, Loyd and Crozier start playing with belief and heart, there is a brew being distilled;
2 Schache doesn't get any shorter in the 4th quarter;
3 We can turn it on as a team when needed to a level that renders the opposition impotent.

Twodogs
01-04-2019, 01:21 PM
3. I get great enjoyment from watching Dawks flogs trudging out before the final siren. Especially the prick who shoved the Bulldogs gentleman near me, who uses an electric wheelchair,and not one person apart from ground staff told him to pull his head in.

I'm glad that I didn't see that or I might be regretting having done something stupid this morning. That sort of thing gets on my goat-if you want to have a ping at somebody then choose somebody that can fight back.

Only learnt one thing, there’s no greater feeling that when you’re in another time zone, waking up and seeing we’ve won. Especially against those pretentious silver spoon flogs!

That would have been magic!

westdog54
01-04-2019, 03:55 PM
1. Our young talent are forming some elite combinations.
2. Ill-discipline costs games. Discipline wins games.
3. Al Clarkson's Hawks have forgotten how to close out games.

Go_Dogs
01-04-2019, 08:12 PM
1. This group has belief beyond what we've had previously. Dominance without reward would've previously led to us conceding. New side, new rules, new belief.

2. Schache can be more important than Jake was in 2015.

3. We are an inconsistent reward for effort team notwithstanding the last. We won't beat the best teams yet.

BornInDroopSt'54
02-04-2019, 11:24 AM
3. I get great enjoyment from watching Dawks flogs trudging out before the final siren. Especially the prick who shoved the Bulldogs gentleman near me, who uses an electric wheelchair, not one person apart from ground staff told him to pull his head in.
One % of population psychopaths but its just as worrying that no-one other than security stood up to him. Nothing is as cowardly as a crowd.

The Pie Man
03-04-2019, 04:31 PM
1. We looked a lot more balanced with Lewis Young on the park - if he can make it, we look structurally sound and close to best 22 fit & available right now
2. Turnovers kill us - 99% of Hawthorn scores from this is a wild stat, but even watching live at the ground, it felt like we were good for a quarter time lead if not for turnovers. Some of that is pressure, but a fair bit of it is just errant ball use.
3. Nothing like being undefeated to re-invigorate your love of the game. Sunday was heaps of fun

bulldogtragic
19-08-2019, 05:14 PM
1. If that Josh Schache inspired 16 minutes in last quarter hadn't happened.... Hawthorn would now be in the Top 8, and we would be out.
2. Our best footy is insanely good. 9 goals vs 1 Hawthorn goal in the last quarter. 16 minutes of brilliance that can't insanely be challenged as the best 16 minutes for the year.
3. It felt great then. Feels a little sweeter now. Now let's do the job vs Crows.

westdog54
19-08-2019, 05:31 PM
1. If that Josh Schache inspired 16 minutes in last quarter hadn't happened.... Hawthorn would now be in the Top 8, and we would be out.
2. Our best footy is insanely good. 9 goals vs 1 Hawthorn goal in the last quarter. 16 minutes of brilliance that can't insanely be challenged as the best 16 minutes for the year.
3. It felt great then. Feels a little sweeter now. Now let's do the job vs Crows.

This is a better bump than Bontempelli's hit yesterday.

Well played.

bornadog
19-08-2019, 05:33 PM

This was a precursor for things to come later on in the year.

We have now had some big quarters this year.

westdog54
19-08-2019, 05:58 PM

I've been scouring all the stat websites for the highest scoring quarters for the season. No luck thus far.

bulldogtragic
19-08-2019, 06:02 PM

Not just big quarters, but runs of goals against Top 8 teams:

21 v Essendon
12 v GWS
8 v Hawthorn

That's 41 goals to nothing during those three runs!

Twodogs
19-08-2019, 07:16 PM
I've been scouring all the stat websites for the highest scoring quarters for the season. No luck thus far.

https://afltables.com/afl/seas/2019.html

It's simply a list of AFL scores quarter by quarter so you will have to scour through. You cant just enter the info you want and find it.