PDA

View Full Version : I don't care if you're ultra positive, or ultra negative...

bulldogtragic
31-03-2019, 06:52 PM
None of us saw a 49 point turn around in 20 minutes.

*!*!*!*! me dead.

Twodogs
31-03-2019, 06:55 PM
It was a thing of beauty.

mjp
31-03-2019, 07:00 PM
None of us saw a 49 point turn around in 20 minutes.

*!*!*!*! me dead.
I always thought we could win...not be 3 goals to be fair but we showed in the 2nd q that we had it in us.

Clearly - CLEARLY - the better side on th day...take the 3rd q out of it and you are looking at a dominant performance.

Topdog
31-03-2019, 07:02 PM
*!*!*!*! yeah that was magical

AndrewP6
31-03-2019, 08:58 PM
Still can't believe what I saw.

SonofScray
31-03-2019, 09:08 PM
It was the most fun, relaxed come back I've seen. I knew we had them with the two man advantage, based on our first half. The little bit of doubt I had was the margin, their third was impressive. English looked spent. But we took advantage and they imploded. It was wonderful.

Bumper Bulldogs
31-03-2019, 09:15 PM
Couldn’t believe it myself. I thought st 1/2 time we were in for the fight. Then at 3/4 time I thought these lads are gonna get a lesson.

Then out of the blue I’m back in time. Yes September 2016 to be exact.

Guess I’m lucky to live thatmoment twice.

Eastdog
31-03-2019, 09:17 PM
Just fantastic Dogs!

bornadog
31-03-2019, 09:32 PM
Stunning, stunned - wow

Mofra
31-03-2019, 09:48 PM
I thought the 5 goal lead flattered Hawthorn. How we were only a few points up at halftime I don't know, that 2nd quarter inside 50 count was an avalanche.

Remi Moses
31-03-2019, 09:54 PM
Just magic
Should have been 5 goals up at least at half time
Just wish it had gone another 10 min , I reckon we would have won by 10 goals .
The hawthorn fan whinge fest on social media has been wonderful.
Would have lost that by 10 goals last year .

Remi Moses
31-03-2019, 09:55 PM
I thought the 5 goal lead flattered Hawthorn. How we were only a few points up at halftime I don't know, that 2nd quarter inside 50 count was an avalanche.

It was 41 to 15 at half time . We have to put distance on the scoreboard when this happens

kruder
31-03-2019, 10:00 PM
It was 41 to 15 at half time . We have to put distance on the scoreboard when this happens

We were stiff that it was raining during our period of dominance.

Hotdog60
31-03-2019, 10:05 PM
I watched clarko's presser and he said he was surprised that the dogs weren't further ahead at half time.
The press tried to push him on the umpiring and wouldn't have a bar of it.

HOSE B ROMERO
31-03-2019, 10:06 PM
Honestly sitting amongst all the hawkers up top and listening to their whingeing for 4 quarters. Why oh why did they have to do a mass evacuation in the final 2 minutes??? At the final siren i just wanted to go up and hug each and every one of them, look them in the eye and say "i'm so sorry for those 150 odd incorrect umpiring decisions and if i could change it all i would but i can't so just suck it up for once in your privileged football lives..." :rolleyes:

angelopetraglia
31-03-2019, 10:15 PM
Wow ... still just calming down. Still can't believe it.

bulldogtragic
31-03-2019, 10:43 PM
14.44 minutes to go on the time clock in the last:

Hawks 85 v Dogs 55

Final:

Hawks 87 v Dogs 106

51 v 2 in 14.44 minutes (vs a fancied team)

Insane.

Twodogs
01-04-2019, 10:08 PM
Its at times like this that my mind goes back to semi final day in 2016. I'm driving home from work with my bulldogs scarf out the window and i am sitting at the lights on the corner of Millers Rd and Blackshaws Rd in Altona when I become aware of a guy sitting in the car in the lane next to me and yelling "go doggies" I sort of waved my scarf and gave him a smile when he yells out "Sucker!" and waves a Hawthorn scarf at me. I often wonder if he ever reflects on the premiership tally our respective clubs have won since that day. Geez I would have loved to run into him yesterday, the irony would have been delicious but I'm guessing that his passion for the game has waned since his beloved club doesn't win the flag every year.

Flamethrower
01-04-2019, 10:46 PM
Hawthorn supporters have replaced Carlton as the most arrogant, entitled fans in the AFL.

bornadog
01-04-2019, 11:25 PM
14.44 minutes to go on the time clock in the last:

Hawks 85 v Dogs 55

Final:

Hawks 87 v Dogs 106

51 v 2 in 14.44 minutes (vs a fancied team)

Insane.

50 more disposals that quarter than the Hawks

AshMac
02-04-2019, 09:09 AM
I always thought we could win...not be 3 goals to be fair but we showed in the 2nd q that we had it in us.

Clearly - CLEARLY - the better side on th day...take the 3rd q out of it and you are looking at a dominant performance.

Yeh - that’s the key - the 3rd quarter. Not sure what happened but we came out and didn’t have the same run, precision or hunger.

Outside of that we dominated them which is even better after their performance last week.

merantau
02-04-2019, 09:44 AM
Honestly sitting amongst all the hawkers up top and listening to their whingeing for 4 quarters. Why oh why did they have to do a mass evacuation in the final 2 minutes??? At the final siren i just wanted to go up and hug each and every one of them, look them in the eye and say "i'm so sorry for those 150 odd incorrect umpiring decisions and if i could change it all i would but i can't so just suck it up for once in your privileged football lives..." :rolleyes:
You are so right about Hawthorn s,upporters - eminently, unlikable for the most part. So smug and entitled, they will have already named this game 'The Great Robbery of 2019' or some such like.
Clarkson was good though. I respected him for that.

craigsahibee
02-04-2019, 09:56 AM
I said to my partner at 3 quarter time that we will have to kick 8 goals in the last quarter to win this.

I also said if Roughead kicks this goal we're done. Thanks to that Jaegermeister bloke, he didn't.

We kicked 9 and we won. It was beautiful.

AshMac
02-04-2019, 08:54 PM
Its at times like this that my mind goes back to semi final day in 2016. I'm driving home from work with my bulldogs scarf out the window and i am sitting at the lights on the corner of Millers Rd and Blackshaws Rd in Altona when I become aware of a guy sitting in the car in the lane next to me and yelling "go doggies" I sort of waved my scarf and gave him a smile when he yells out "Sucker!" and waves a Hawthorn scarf at me. I often wonder if he ever reflects on the premiership tally our respective clubs have won since that day. Geez I would have loved to run into him yesterday, the irony would have been delicious but I'm guessing that his passion for the game has waned since his beloved club doesn't win the flag every year.

Wiping the arrogance off the faces of the hawks fans in that semi final was almost the best part of that win.

Twodogs
04-04-2019, 08:18 PM
Wiping the arrogance off the faces of the hawks fans in that semi final was almost the best part of that win.

I sang the song with a real passion that night. And it wasn't just for the fact that we had won consecutive finals for the first time in my lifetime.