PDA

View Full Version : The Moment - Rnd 2, 2919 vs Hawthorn

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
31-03-2019, 07:10 PM
Ok.
So this is about the passage, disposal, effort, bravery for the day,
So about 15 minutes out, I had this pegged very differently. I reckon it would've been Mitch Wallis turning the ball over and gifting a Hawks goal. It seemed to set us on a downward spiral...
But in light of the great escape, and having rewatched the last 15 minutes.. I nominate the defining moment was when O'Meara 30 out waltzing into goal and he misses. He nails that and Hawks are back to 5 goals in front, and I reckon it would've broken our backs..

Heaps of moments out there in that final quarter to choose from.

bulldogtragic
31-03-2019, 07:18 PM
I would've gone with Wallis.

I predicted 6 goals for Schache, but he got 4.2 so I'll claim it. I thought his small moments last week showed a kid with hid mind on the job. McLeans first goal today came after Schache crashed a pack of Hawthorn defenders which allowed the ball to fly out to McLean. That reinforced my view that once he could get into good spots for himself, he'd be switched on to make an impact off his own boot. Which he did. Again late in the game, he showed that he'll stay switched on and do it himself or for a teammate.

Mantis
31-03-2019, 07:28 PM
Libba’s effort on the wing at the mid point of the last Qtr was game changing... good to have him back!

comrade
31-03-2019, 07:29 PM
I would've gone with Wallis.

I predicted 6 goals for Schache, but he got 4.2 so I'll claim it. I thought his small moments last week showed a kid with hid mind on the job. McLeans first goal today came after Schache crashed a pack of Hawthorn defenders which allowed the ball to fly out to McLean. That reinforced my view that once he could get into good spots for himself, he'd be switched on to make an impact off his own boot. Which he did. Again late in the game, he showed that he'll stay switched on and do it himself or for a teammate.

It's so good to have a big forward that converts his chances more often than not.

Hotdog60
31-03-2019, 07:30 PM
I would go with Sicily free against Gowers. If he didn't spit the dummy at the Umpire Billy was only 50/50 to make the shot.
Instead he put Billy straight in front and was lucky the ump didn't report him for abuse.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
31-03-2019, 07:41 PM
I would go with Sicily free against Gowers. If he didn't spit the dummy at the Umpire Billy was only 50/50 to make the shot.
Instead he put Billy straight in front and was lucky the ump didn't report him for abuse.

Sicily's brain fades today were so important and completely undid his otherwise dominance aerially. He'd do well to avoid Clarko post game.

Go_Dogs
31-03-2019, 08:14 PM
Early when Schache split two defenders, sent them to the ground and McLean scores. It was always going to be the big Schache's day after that.

Bumper Bulldogs
31-03-2019, 08:33 PM
I thought the moment was McCraes goal the celebration was spin tingling. Then after that it would have to been the Libba goal.

FrediKanoute
31-03-2019, 08:46 PM
Libba’s effort on the wing at the mid point of the last Qtr was game changing... good to have him back!

Yes that moment for mine was great. Also Dicko in the last not giving up on a ball the Hawks player clearly wanted out, think it led to a McLean Goal.

My other defining moment was a point in the backline where a pack has gone up, the ball has gone to ground its a scramble, but by hand, under pressure the ball goes cleanly from Daniel to Wallis to Crozier and we are out.

SonofScray
31-03-2019, 08:58 PM
The long game dictates I go with Shache's contest where he clattered two defenders and McLean picked up scraps to goal. It wasn't huge in the context of the game, but it announced Shache's arrival as a player. He's been OK for us already, but now we know he ready to go.

James Sosilly free to Shache was the moment. We just needed to get our nose in front and they were cooked. He gifted it to us.

bulldogtragic
31-03-2019, 09:06 PM
Could this win be 'the moment', like beating Sydney in the wet at the SCG a few years ago was 'the moment' then?

comrade
31-03-2019, 09:18 PM
Could this win be 'the moment', like beating Sydney in the wet at the SCG a few years ago was 'the moment' then?

I’m hoping it reminds the 2016 guys what it feels like to be awesome again, and gives the new guys a taste that leaves them all wanting more.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
31-03-2019, 09:18 PM

I love it! Hopefully in 26 weeks you can give this a bump!

bornadog
31-03-2019, 09:31 PM
I’m hoping it reminds the 2016 guys what it feels like to be awesome again, and gives the new guys a taste that leaves them all wanting more.

Its believing again, we don't give up, just keep at it.

bulldogtragic
31-03-2019, 09:36 PM

Also, maybe remind them they beat storming Sydney & Hawthorn sides without the two best performed grand final players who weren't playing today. Add in Williams, Dale, Lippa, Jong, Greene, Lynch, Trengove starting to push for selection.

bornadog
31-03-2019, 09:50 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/55pSPZpaAQqtMCNF0E/giphy.gif

Mofra
31-03-2019, 09:54 PM
The long game dictates I go with Shache's contest where he clattered two defenders and McLean picked up scraps to goal. It wasn't huge in the context of the game, but it announced Shache's arrival as a player. He's been OK for us already, but now we know he ready to go.

James Sosilly free to Shache was the moment. We just needed to get our nose in front and they were cooked. He gifted it to us.
To go back to last week, just before halftime Schache busts a gut to neutralise Aliir in the air. It was a change in his style.

If he doesn't make that contest, he doesn't do what he does today. He's proven he can do it now he will do it - plus I'm sure he's never had 6 shots on goal before too.
We have a devastating FF/CHF combo for the first time in a long time and possibly 10 years more of watching them play together.

hujsh
31-03-2019, 10:00 PM
Also, maybe remind them they beat storming Sydney & Hawthorn sides without the two best performed grand final players who weren't playing today. Add in Williams, Dale, Lippa, Jong, Greene, Lynch, Trengove starting to push for selection.

Three. Boyd Picken and JJ.

bornadog
31-03-2019, 10:04 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2-OXc_UkAEJ6l0.jpg

ledge
31-03-2019, 10:06 PM
Dickson really showed his worth today , smashed their captain one out on the ground and in the air.
Dickson was at his best today after a lot of injuries.

Mofra
31-03-2019, 10:07 PM
The whole team genuinely thrilled it was Libba who kicked that. Plus we finally have a goal of the week contender.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
31-03-2019, 10:08 PM
The whole team genuinely thrilled it was Libba who kicked that. Plus we finally have a goal of the week contender.

I mean the goal was a complete jag.... and I am so glad it was Libba who delivered it...

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
31-03-2019, 10:12 PM
Dickson really showed his worth today , smashed their captain one out on the ground and in the air.
Dickson was at his best today after a lot of injuries.

Absolutely. There was a passage of play in the last quarter forward of wing, right on the boundary, he just refused to be beaten. Hakws player thought the ball would more than likely go out of bounds when Dickson halved the contest, but he kept it in, got it away and it resulted in a mark to Schache- who missed. But it really exemplifies the small, but important things Dicko brings to the forward line. He is a great kick, we know that, but when fit, he's a great pressure and hassler, and provider of 1%ers that are normally the preserve of defensive players.
I'd love it if we can keep him fully fit for 22 rounds this year. He could have a great season. And if he does, so would we.

ratsmac
01-04-2019, 01:35 AM

That was the first thing I thought of when I read the title of this thread.

This win reminded me of the 2015/16 Bulldogs that would never give in regardless of what the score might be.

merantau
01-04-2019, 08:16 AM
There were so many moments in the last. I don't have a replay to check but Dickson's effort on the wing, McLean, Macrae, Libba and Schache's contributions were huge.

Topdog
01-04-2019, 08:53 AM
Macrae goal for mine, build up of pressure and an unlikely goalscorer. The team celebrations were great and there was only going to be one winner after it

craigsahibee
01-04-2019, 09:21 AM

That's exactly what I took out of yesterday's win. It gives blokes like Tim English, Schache and Baz Smith a sense of belonging and achievement which will do their confidence no harm at all. Gowers doesn't need any confidence boosting, but it won't do him any harm.

Bulldog4life
01-04-2019, 09:30 AM
The moment when Libba snaps that goal in the last was when I knew we would win this game. The way his teammates got around him and hugged him was a beautiful sight.

Eastdog
01-04-2019, 03:37 PM
I’ll go Libba Libba Libba Libba as BT said watching the last 10 minutes of the replay last night. Great goal under pressure and just so great that his back in form. Such an important player to our team.

Macrae’s goal was great as well. I had visions of the PF final goal he kicked at the end.

dadsgirl16
01-04-2019, 07:05 PM
Can’t split them so for me it’s 2 moments...Libba and Jack

AshMac
01-04-2019, 07:30 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/55pSPZpaAQqtMCNF0E/giphy.gif

Loved this moment.

Love when Jacko fires up after a goal. Reminds me of the PF all over again

Twodogs
01-04-2019, 11:38 PM
Can’t split them so for me it’s 2 moments...Libba and Jack

Yeah I cant split those two either.

merantau
04-04-2019, 06:57 AM
McLean's goal. Thanks to Al's Highlights.
https://youtu.be/38-1VbxPCvY

Mofra
04-04-2019, 10:48 AM
Loved this moment.

Love when Jacko fires up after a goal. Reminds me of the PF all over again
The boys had a bit of fun with it on Instagram - Hunter copping Macrae's first 'don't argue' of his career

westdog54
04-04-2019, 04:21 PM
The boys had a bit of fun with it on Instagram - Hunter copping Macrae's first 'don't argue' of his career

I noticed that too, the 'shove your mate firm in the chest as a celebration' move. More prevalent in the NFL and the NBA but still piss funny to watch.

Twodogs
04-04-2019, 08:43 PM
McLean's goal. Thanks to Al's Highlights.
https://youtu.be/38-1VbxPCvY

I cant think of another player who would have had the poise to swap hands after dropping the mark and shoot off a handball to a teammate in that amount of space apart from the Bont. Just brilliant.