Sun, Apr 21 Western Bulldogs vs Carlton Marvel Stadium Fox 1:10pm
Sun, Apr 21 Adelaide Crows vs Gold Coast Suns Adelaide Oval Fox 4:40pm

Mon, Apr 22 Hawthorn vs Geelong Cats MCG Seven & Fox 3:20pm

Eastdog
15-04-2019, 07:55 PM
Bump

Ghost Dog
15-04-2019, 08:01 PM
Geelong just a little big complacent down there. They were drinking their own bathwater a little early!
Giants are going to roll a few sides this season.
Very upsetting to watch the vision of Callan Ward on the bench. He's a good player and rotten luck.

Sedat
19-04-2019, 10:38 AM
The AFL hype machine went into overdrive for Brisbane after a good win in R1 against an underdone West Coast and 2 patchy wins againat North and Port, both of whom will struggle to make finals. Collingwood toyed with them last night and made them look like the middle of the road side (at best) they are in 2019.

Unfortunately the Filth will be right up there when the whips are cracking in September. They have more gears than most teams and a deep pool of midfielders/mid sized forwards who can all wreak havoc on any given day. Brisbane foolishly tried to go kamikaze with them early and got absolutely torched the other way.

The Adelaide Connection
19-04-2019, 11:20 AM
The AFL hype machine went into overdrive for Brisbane after a good win in R1 against an underdone West Coast and 2 patchy wins againat North and Port, both of whom will struggle to make finals. Collingwood toyed with them last night and made them look like the middle of the road side (at best) they are in 2019.

Unfortunately the Filth will be right up there when the whips are cracking in September. They have more gears than most teams and a deep pool of midfielders/mid sized forwards who can all wreak havoc on any given day. Brisbane foolishly tried to go kamikaze with them early and got absolutely torched the other way.

I think Brisbane were pretty hard done by last night. Collingwood were clearly the better side, but the way frees were adjudicated differently for the two teams was pretty staggering and really stifled their ability to get a foot hold in the game.

If nothing else, Brisbane should really put together a package of Stefan Martin being held in contests and ask for a “please explain”. It would be a loooong video.

Twodogs
19-04-2019, 12:26 PM
I think Brisbane were pretty hard done by last night. Collingwood were clearly the better side, but the way frees were adjudicated differently for the two teams was pretty staggering and really stifled their ability to get a foot hold in the game.

If nothing else, Brisbane should really put together a package of Stefan Martin being held in contests and ask for a “please explain”. It would be a loooong video.

Gosh, you're not saying that Grundy gets the better of virtually every umpiring decision that gets made when he's under the ball around are you? "Free kick, Collingwood, no 4."

Sedat
19-04-2019, 01:11 PM

They got the rough end of the pineapple but the Pies smashed them by 10 goals easing up. The hype is over the top compared to the output at this stage of their development. They are still carrying a number of players not at the level for a top 8 aspirant- the likes of McStay and Nick Robertson are very limited footballers.

The Adelaide Connection
19-04-2019, 01:15 PM
Gosh, you're not saying that Grundy gets the better of virtually every umpiring decision that gets made when he's under the ball around are you? "Free kick, Collingwood, no 4."

Yes, yes I am. It’s more than that though- virtually every contest down the line he had someone blocking or holding him and this became another factor in Brisbane not being able to effectively move the ball out of the back half.

EasternWest
19-04-2019, 06:09 PM
Wow. North are absolutely rubbish field kicks. Could not hit the side of a barn.

Hotdog60
19-04-2019, 06:33 PM
Wow. North are absolutely rubbish field kicks. Could not hit the side of a barn.

Wow. You are watching it?
I refused when they kicked us out. :)

Rocket Science
19-04-2019, 06:36 PM
It's only Norf but it won't matter, the Bombre hype machine will be back in top gear this week and I already can't stand it.

bulldogtragic
19-04-2019, 06:37 PM

Me too. Although I just checked the score. 3 goals to halftime, yep, North deserve to keep the fixture. They may as well give it to Richmond or Carlton vs Essendon.

Murphy'sLore
19-04-2019, 06:54 PM
Stupid Essendon have made it a sell out. Good luck to anyone else trying to pry Good Friday out of their greedy, drug-gnarled hands now.

Also if Essendon get fined for playing Daniher, the commission should donate it to the hospital.

comrade
19-04-2019, 06:56 PM
Me too. Although I just checked the score. 3 goals to halftime, yep, North deserve to keep the fixture. They may as well give it to Richmond or Carlton vs Essendon.

No doubt it was the plan all along.

bulldogtragic
19-04-2019, 07:02 PM
No doubt it was the plan all along.

Yep. Only a big club could bring the members/fans that we did in the first year.

comrade
19-04-2019, 07:05 PM
Yep. Only a big club could bring the members/fans that we did in the first year.

I'm probably a moron, but I'm holding out hope the AFL will turf North out after giving them 3 cracks at it and inserting us as Essendon's annual Good Friday opponent. Rivals across the river, bad blood since 2000, Jake Stringer etc and all that.

Twodogs
19-04-2019, 07:11 PM
I'm probably a moron, but I'm holding out hope the AFL will turf North out after giving them 3 cracks at it and inserting us as Essendon's annual Good Friday opponent. Rivals across the river, bad blood since 2000, Jake Stringer etc and all that.

1924 in fact. We are still the reigning "Champions of Victoria"

North are a really bad joke. God knows why the commission continually prop them up.

bulldogtragic
19-04-2019, 07:11 PM

Peter Gordon said recently that the AFEL had a virgin opportunity to create something new, but just wanted to do the same old with other clubs who already have blockbuster games, so he and the club won't spend another second wasting our time of the topic of Good Friday Footy.

I assume PG went so direct/honest knowing we were never coming back. Despite being the one club to do their bit right out of all four teams, I don't think it's ever coming back. So like other things, GFF is dead to me.

Twodogs
19-04-2019, 07:19 PM
Peter Gordon said recently that the AFEL had a virgin opportunity to create something new, but just wanted to do the same old with other clubs who already have blockbuster games, so he and the club won't spend another second wasting our time of the topic of Good Friday Footy.

I assume PG went so direct/honest knowing we were never coming back. Despite being the one club to do their bit right out of all four teams, I don't think it's ever coming back. So like other things, GFF is dead to me.

I hate the idea that we will take a single back step over this. You need to stand up for yourself in this life, it might not help us with GFF but the next time the AFL want to roll us they might think twice.

Otherwise whats the option? We may us well just ask what particular piece of furniture the AFL want us to bend ourselves over when it comes to the next decision that affects our wellbeing.

EasternWest
19-04-2019, 08:20 PM

Eh, I like to watch footy.

I don't like to watch North footy. They are crap.

bornadog
19-04-2019, 08:40 PM
Stupid Essendon have made it a sell out. Good luck to anyone else trying to pry Good Friday out of their greedy, drug-gnarled hands now.

Also if Essendon get fined for playing Daniher, the commission should donate it to the hospital.

5000 more than our game - not much in it

Remi Moses
19-04-2019, 09:05 PM
How putrid were Norf . Topped up with some ordinary players , yeah Polec’s ok , but the others are very average .
Just allowed Essendon to do what it does best and play on their own terms .
Heat must be coming for Scott . Ten years and they’ve gone nowhere . Couple of prelims where they’ve been nowhere near it to be honest .

Grantysghost
19-04-2019, 11:58 PM

Maybe we could get in on an Anzac eve eve game, I really don't think the complete failure of the Dardanelles campaign has been fully exploited by the AFL. Something poignant must've happened on the 23rd. Maybe Churchill was hanging a clock in his bathroom, slipped, hit his head on the side of the sink and when he came to drew a picture of a slouch hat. We could hand out cigars and whisky before the game to honour our British Bulldog Winston.
Blockbuster game sorted.

hujsh
20-04-2019, 12:18 AM
The results this year continue to be random. Not great when we're playing Carlton though they've at least been the exception to the rule so far I guess...

Also I'll ask again can we call these threads something like AFL round 5 instead of AFL Game Day Round 5? It covers the weekend, not a single day, and when I see it I still think it's the thread for the Bulldog game of the round since that one also has AFL Game Day in the title now.

Or just change the Bulldog one to not mention AFL in the title. It's like a conscious effort was made to make them as similar to each other as possible which is odd.

Sorry for the rather trivial request but it will continue to bother me all year if I don't mention it now.

AndrewP6
20-04-2019, 02:22 AM
The results this year continue to be random. Not great when we're playing Carlton though they've at least been the exception to the rule so far I guess...

Also I'll ask again can we call these threads something like AFL round 5 instead of AFL Game Day Round 5? It covers the weekend, not a single day, and when I see it I still think it's the thread for the Bulldog game of the round since that one also has AFL Game Day in the title now.

Or just change the Bulldog one to not mention AFL in the title. It's like a conscious effort was made to make them as similar to each other as possible which is odd.

Sorry for the rather trivial request but it will continue to bother me all year if I don't mention it now.

For what it's worth, I agree. They need to be given clearly distinct titles.

comrade
20-04-2019, 09:47 AM
+1 on the name change.

Bulldog4life
20-04-2019, 12:57 PM
How about "Round 5 All the teams we hate"

Rocket Science
20-04-2019, 05:24 PM
Another kooky result just as pundits were beginning to get on the GWS train.

bornadog
20-04-2019, 05:38 PM

Tipping out the door so far

Eastdog
20-04-2019, 06:04 PM
Great thread name change :D I’ll go with that from the next round on.

Rocket Science
20-04-2019, 06:06 PM
Tipping out the door so far

Aye, it's a train wreck.

Bodes well for whatever team shows up, puts in and gets their proverbial together at the right time of the year though.

Saints look very much in the mood against the Deeeees. Be nice if they go on with it.

G-Mo77
20-04-2019, 06:19 PM
Lol. My son does his footy tipping through the FootyInfo app. He's 4/4 and his Dad try to sway him to change his Power and Dockers picks.

chef
20-04-2019, 06:21 PM
Great thread name change :D I’ll go with that from the next round on.

Maybe just.....

AFL Game Day Round 5, 2019

Might be easier. The thread titles on here are becoming a bit lengthy

Dry Rot
20-04-2019, 06:53 PM
So have the Saints really improved, or are the Demons back to their pea hearted best?

DOG GOD
20-04-2019, 06:57 PM
So have the Saints really improved, or are the Demons back to their pea hearted best?

Backline looks a rabble...really missing May and particularly Lever. Watching saints go fwd they are running hard to make an option in their fwd 50, yet Melbourne midfield is looking like they aren’t willing to run hard the other way (defensively).

Saints don’t have any real “Star” players, but they are supporting each other and playing as a group effort.

Rocket Science
20-04-2019, 07:31 PM
Saints just crushing them with team-wide effort this quarter and the Dees really don't seem interested.

Gonna be a looong week for the red and the blue *grabs popcorn*

Twodogs
20-04-2019, 07:44 PM

The Demons are peahearts and the Saints are playing well but they don't hand out premierships in May so the Saints are goimg to need to hold their form for the whole season.

And lets face it, they are St Kilda so they arent going to hold their form until the end of the season. They will be lucky if they hold it until the end of this match.

angelopetraglia
20-04-2019, 07:45 PM
Loving the unpredictable nature of this AFL season. Awesome. But if we lose tomorrow I will f#%*%^ hate it.

Rocket Science
20-04-2019, 07:52 PM
The Dees have Richmond and Hawthorn to come. On this form you can pretty much stick a fork in their 2019 in about 2 weeks.

How's the snow season shaping up?

hujsh
20-04-2019, 09:09 PM
Maybe just.....

AFL Game Day Round 5, 2019

Might be easier. The thread titles on here are becoming a bit lengthy

AFL Round 5 if we're shortening please

bulldogtragic
20-04-2019, 09:17 PM
AFL Round 5 if we're shortening please

Makes the most sense.

bornadog
20-04-2019, 10:22 PM
AFL Round 5, 2019

GVGjr
21-04-2019, 01:36 AM
The Saints have had a decent start to the season. A lot of us didn't rate them.
Can anyone see some reasons for their good form? The seem to have carried on well from the JLT

Go_Dogs
21-04-2019, 08:14 AM
Can anyone see some reasons for their good form? The seem to have carried on well from the JLT

Been to a couple of their games and think it's just work rate and a bit luck. They've got a bit quicker in the front half too which helps.

Good mate of mine is a big Sainter and speaking to him on Thursday he thought they'd get 8 wins for the season, so it's a pretty good shock to even their most optimistic.

ratsmac
21-04-2019, 08:26 AM

We have played Gold Coast and Stkilda into form in the JLT. Beating the mighty bulldogs must be their watershed moment!!

Early wins = confidence

They have taken their new found confidence and built on it nicely.

The Adelaide Connection
21-04-2019, 09:31 AM

Good to see Freo have hit peak form just in time to play us.:(

DOG GOD
21-04-2019, 09:52 AM
Saints certainly look fitter and their work rate was second to none against the dees. 4 tough games coming up will shape their season. (Adel- marvel, GWS- Canberra , WC- marvel, Coll- mcg) which they are a chance to win all four.

The Underdog
21-04-2019, 10:12 AM
Good to see Freo have hit peak form just in time to play us.:(

GWS couldn't get their hands on the footy in the last quarter. Freo's ball movement and use was fantastic.
Not looking forward to playing them over there, followed by Richmond the next week. Makes today seem all the more critical.

bulldogtragic
21-04-2019, 10:13 AM
Whomever changed the title of the thread, thank you.

Twodogs
21-04-2019, 01:03 PM
The Dees have Richmond and Hawthorn to come. On this form you can pretty much stick a fork in their 2019 in about 2 weeks.

How's the snow season shaping up?

Victoria Snow Reports

When will it snow in Victoria?

The next notable snow forecast for Victoria (Charlotte Pass) is 2cm, expected on 3 May.

May 3 seems to be the next big dump. Just in time for the end of their season

Remi Moses
21-04-2019, 08:47 PM
Watched that yesterday both games
( the flu gave me no choice )
GWS were were flat as a tack , and Freo nearly knocked over the Eagles . Fyffe was sensational, and if Taberner gets his kicking together he could be anything .Pearce did a number on Cameron even though he kicked a few .
Melbourne were deplorable ! Looked like they were playing for the offside trap ! Constantly getting outnumbered in their defensive 50
Down hill skiing going on .Pressed high and they’re just leaking goals. Stkilda are playing with confidence and they’ve kept their decent pre-season form . May and Lever are big outs , but their mids aren’t working hard enough without the ball

Remi Moses
21-04-2019, 08:48 PM
There’s no team in this comp that gets ahead of itself like the Dees

Rocket Science
22-04-2019, 05:28 PM
Hawks v Cats. It's bizarre watching two teams score so freely with genuine attacking intent.

It's almost like a different sport compared to the way we play it.

Happy Days
22-04-2019, 05:56 PM
If Billy Gowers kicked straight he'd be Gary Rohan. Amazing how you can do a lot with little when you don't miss the goals every time you take a shot at them.

bornadog
22-04-2019, 06:51 PM
Time to sack Clarkson

chef
22-04-2019, 07:05 PM
Time to sack Clarkson

Why?

bornadog
22-04-2019, 07:38 PM
Why?

It was a joke

chef
22-04-2019, 07:45 PM
It was a joke

Haha ok

comrade
22-04-2019, 08:31 PM
Time to sack Clarkson

I know you're mocking the ones calling for Bevo's head because the Hawks are also 2-3 but they just lost to the ladder leaders and we got beaten by a side that hasn't scored 100 points in 3 years.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
22-04-2019, 08:34 PM
I know you're mocking the ones calling for Bevo's head because the Hawks are also 2-3 but they just lost to the ladder leaders and we got beaten by a side that hasn't scored 100 points in 3 years.

I guess when you put it like that, its even worse for Clarko then, cause they were beaten by us!
Clarko Gonski!

bornadog
22-04-2019, 08:44 PM

A bit of fun

comrade
22-04-2019, 08:51 PM
A bit of fun

How dare you ;)

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
22-04-2019, 09:07 PM
So 10 minutes to go in the last, steam rising from my head, my son was nagging me to assist hom with some holiday work his teacher had set him.
I said, 'yep, why not, can't stomach watching this' - and I think I even signed off here, with some glib post indicating as much.
I start heading down the hall with my son and he says ' Yeah, why would we wanna watch the Doggies lose'... I stopped and said 'Son, you've just made me realise that the best learning we could do right now is go back to the couch and support our team - especially when we are losing.
How i managed to watch that last stretch without grinding my teeth down to stumps i do not know, but I was determined to show my boy that we never turn our back on the things we love, no matter how much it hurts.
His year 1 class mantra is resilience, persistence and perseverance. He supports the Dogs, he can tick those traits off.

Remi Moses
22-04-2019, 10:08 PM
Always a good contest
Hawthorn have a few out though , and Gary Rohan kicked 4 goals
You know it isn’t September

bornadog
22-04-2019, 11:38 PM
So 10 minutes to go in the last, steam rising from my head, my son was nagging me to assist hom with some holiday work his teacher had set him.
I said, 'yep, why not, can't stomach watching this' - and I think I even signed off here, with some glib post indicating as much.
I start heading down the hall with my son and he says ' Yeah, why would we wanna watch the Doggies lose'... I stopped and said 'Son, you've just made me realise that the best learning we could do right now is go back to the couch and support our team - especially when we are losing.
How i managed to watch that last stretch without grinding my teeth down to stumps i do not know, but I was determined to show my boy that we never turn our back on the things we love, no matter how much it hurts.
His year 1 class mantra is resilience, persistence and perseverance. He supports the Dogs, he can tick those traits off.

Brilliant, love it.

bornadog
22-04-2019, 11:39 PM
Always a good contest
Hawthorn have a few out though , and Gary Rohan kicked 4 goals
You know it isn’t September

Hawthorn don't have the cattle, they won't be anywhere near the 8 this year.

Sedat
23-04-2019, 02:01 AM
Hawks have been stiff losing key personnel in game and being short on the bench in all 3 losses this season. That's on top of their already long injury list. They'll push the top 8, and unfortunately the Cats will push top 4 because they will win 7+ games at their $100m taxpayer funded tin-shed shithole.

comrade
23-04-2019, 02:04 AM
I feel exactly the same way about that narrow wasteland they call a home ground. It's an absolute rort that they get so many games there.

Sedat
23-04-2019, 02:07 AM
I feel exactly the same way about that narrow wasteland they call a home ground. It's an absolute rort that they get so many games there.
The benefits of being located in a marginal electorate. The dirty Cats have pork-barrelled their way to a home ground advantage not afforded anyone else in the comp.

macca
23-04-2019, 02:41 AM
Watched that yesterday both games
( the flu gave me no choice )
GWS were were flat as a tack , and Freo nearly knocked over the Eagles . Fyffe was sensational, and if Taberner gets his kicking together he could be anything .Pearce did a number on Cameron even though he kicked a few .
Melbourne were deplorable ! Looked like they were playing for the offside trap ! Constantly getting outnumbered in their defensive 50
Down hill skiing going on .Pressed high and they’re just leaking goals. Stkilda are playing with confidence and they’ve kept their decent pre-season form . May and Lever are big outs , but their mids aren’t working hard enough without the ball

more importantly, Did he get his homework done?

Bulldog4life
23-04-2019, 10:42 AM
Hawthorn don't have the cattle, they won't be anywhere near the 8 this year.

Yes. I have a bet with a Hawk supporting mate we will finish above them by end of season. Line ball at this stage. A bottle of Johhny Walker Blue is at stake.

Twodogs
23-04-2019, 07:28 PM
more importantly, Did he get his homework done?

Didn't you read the bit about them going back to watch the game?

Homework. Done.