Sun, May 12 North Melbourne vs Geelong Cats Marvel Stadium Fox 1:10pm
Sun, May 12 Hawthorn vs GWS Giants MCG Seven & Fox 3:20pm
Sun, May 12 Fremantle vs Richmond Optus Stadium Fox 5:20pm

Eastdog
08-05-2019, 08:19 PM
Bump

hujsh
08-05-2019, 08:43 PM
How is there no day/afternoon match on Seven this Saturday? Is this commonplace now? How much does 7 plan on gutting the FTA coverage of football in this country?

chef
08-05-2019, 09:02 PM
How is there no day/afternoon match on Seven this Saturday? Is this commonplace now? How much does 7 plan on gutting the FTA coverage of football in this country?

Great for local footy.

azabob
08-05-2019, 09:24 PM

There hasn’t been FTA coverage on a Saturday arvo for sometime now.

hujsh
08-05-2019, 10:04 PM
There hasn’t been FTA coverage on a Saturday arvo for sometime now.

Wow, I never noticed because I had Foxtel and now Kayo but now that I'd like there to be coverage and am personally affected I'm outraged.

AshMac
09-05-2019, 10:34 PM
For anyone who doesn’t know - you get a 2 week free trial of Kayo.

I’m currently on my second free trial - just need a new phone number (which does need to be verified).

bornadog
10-05-2019, 11:38 PM
Good to see Essendon lose another game

comrade
10-05-2019, 11:49 PM

The best thing in footy after a Bulldogs win.

3-5 and currently under us on the ladder despite splurging during trade week again.

The Adelaide Connection
11-05-2019, 12:54 AM
The best thing in footy after a Bulldogs win.

3-5 and currently under us on the ladder despite splurging during trade week again.

Go on everyone, treat yourself...

https://discourse.bomberblitz.com

My favourite post in my favourite thread so far: “Thread needs more dumpster fire gifs” in the hilariously named “Never bring rubbish to a bin chicken fight” thread.

Ghost Dog
11-05-2019, 02:21 AM
I like this one.
"I turned it on at the end - Myers and Heppell were laughing and celebrating.

We won right?"

G-Mo77
11-05-2019, 08:00 AM

Only because Tampa climbed the post. That is the only reason. Lol

Sedat
11-05-2019, 08:21 AM
Bombers are just gearing up for their Grand Final - trade week. Dodo will have the last laugh when he is fist-pumping and high-fiving in late October after securing another Irving Mosquito.

1eyedog
11-05-2019, 09:13 AM
I liked this one. We've gone nowhere in a decade I've had enough that's it membership in the bin. Shit club, shit captain, shit club.

Bloody hell try 62 years.

Ghost Dog
11-05-2019, 10:01 AM
"After ANZAC Day I thought we could give it a real crack this season but nup, not with mentally fragile pack of downhill skiers.

And Sydney’s Irish player speaks English better than ours…FMD."

The tone of BB is so different from Woof it's hilarious.
I had a bet with my Dad Sydney would win. It's just Sydney is not THAT bad and Essendon are not that great. The comp is pretty even.

EasternWest
11-05-2019, 11:10 AM

My favourite post in my favourite thread so far: “Thread needs more dumpster fire gifs” in the hilariously named “Never bring rubbish to a bin chicken fight” thread.

Wow. They are full on melting down.

I'm glad this forum is never like that, even in our dark times. That was crazy.

Rocket Science
11-05-2019, 11:37 AM
This is hilarious, not to mention Jakey's idea of a one percenter.

https://i.ibb.co/Bjsf0py/IMG-7725.jpg (https://ibb.co/MpNgFvc)

comrade
11-05-2019, 11:56 AM
Lol, what the hell was Rampe thinking?

Makes the loss even sweeter.

ledge
11-05-2019, 12:08 PM
I enjoyed Bruce saying if the bombers lose they will be out of finals contention being 3 and 5 but if the swans win they are back in with a chance at 2 and 6.
Seriously Bruce has lost the plot.

ledge
11-05-2019, 12:14 PM
I liked this one. We've gone nowhere in a decade I've had enough that's it membership in the bin. Shit club, shit captain, shit club.

Bloody hell try 62 years.

Obviously has no idea, they haven’t done anything since 2000, in fact I read a story that the last time Essendon won a final without sheedy was 1978 , maybe it was on here somewhere but if that’s true I absolutely love it and kudos to whoever found it.

Rocket Science
11-05-2019, 12:14 PM

Rampe chanelling his inner Doc Wheildon, or something.

"Under AFL rule 17.11, a free kick shall be awarded against a player or official who intentionally shakes a goal or behind post (either before or after a player has disposed of the football)."

He wasn't technically 'shaking' the post I suppose. Watch the AFEL do a mid-season rewrite of the rule now.

Mofra
11-05-2019, 12:20 PM
Rampe: Whatever it shakes

1eyedog
11-05-2019, 12:52 PM
The post was shaking

EasternWest
11-05-2019, 01:12 PM
Rampe: Whatever it shakes

Gold.

Bulldog4life
11-05-2019, 01:19 PM
For anyone who doesn’t know - you get a 2 week free trial of Kayo.

I’m currently on my second free trial - just need a new phone number (which does need to be verified).

Just keep changing your phone numbers.

Bulldog4life
11-05-2019, 01:22 PM
Stringer was poor.

westdog54
11-05-2019, 01:36 PM

I'm at a loss as well.

I can only imagine he thought he might have an extra few centimetres of reach.

In saying that, I'm of the view, and I don't care if I'm in the minority, that a free kick should have been paid.

Irrespective of the fact that it would have benefitted those scumbags, Rampe jumps on the post and shakes it as Myers is coming in for his kick.

Gutless officiating.

Throw in Rampe telling umpire Brent Wallace that he "talks like a girl" and I dare say AFL house will have some questions to ask of the young man on Monday morning.

Ghost Dog
11-05-2019, 01:42 PM
I'm at a loss as well.

I can only imagine he thought he might have an extra few centimetres of reach.

In saying that, I'm of the view, and I don't care if I'm in the minority, that a free kick should have been paid.

Irrespective of the fact that it would have benefitted those scumbags, Rampe jumps on the post and shakes it as Myers is coming in for his kick.

Gutless officiating.

Throw in Rampe telling umpire Brent Wallace that he "talks like a girl" and I dare say AFL house will have some questions to ask of the young man on Monday morning.

Westdog you are not alone. I agree with you 100%. Definitely should have been a free. It wasn't sportsmanlike behavior. This is not playing at the oval of a high school with your mates. People get weeks in this game for genuinely trying to play the game properly and making a split second error. Then this idiot decides to channel his inner 12 year old.

ledge
11-05-2019, 01:43 PM
It’s a free kick 100% of the time but the AFL seem to have wiggled a way out of it with an actual piss weak excuse.
I detest Essendon and love them losing in controversial circumstances but think they have every right to approach the AFL about it.

bulldogtragic
11-05-2019, 01:46 PM
Did the field umpire near the goal square actually see it?

It's a clear cut free kick, like painfully obvious. I can only think if they had Goddard still, the finger pointing would have been assertive and got the umps attention. Jakey's finger pointing just isn't in the same class.

Rocket Science
11-05-2019, 01:46 PM
Pretty amateurish in hindsight.

Real pros don't climb goalposts they merely put a dozen men on the mark.

Bulldog4life
11-05-2019, 02:19 PM
No doubt a free. The umpire is not there to warn a player but to just pay a free or not pay a free.

AndrewP6
11-05-2019, 02:35 PM
No doubt a free. The umpire is not there to warn a player but to just pay a free or not pay a free.

But that’s not the case for all situations. They get warnings often. The soft free paid against Rampe which gifted Stringer his goal is evidence of that. He got warned and then the free was paid.

whythelongface
11-05-2019, 02:49 PM
Westdog you are not alone. I agree with you 100%. Definitely should have been a free. It wasn't sportsmanlike behavior. This is not playing at the oval of a high school with your mates. People get weeks in this game for genuinely trying to play the game properly and making a split second error. Then this idiot decides to channel his inner 12 year old.

Agree as well. Not in the spirit of the game as well as not allowed. Definite free for mine. Only thing saving him was that it was such a unique situation that may have baffled the umps as to what the rule is.

EasternWest
11-05-2019, 05:35 PM
But that’s not the case for all situations. They get warnings often. The soft free paid against Rampe which gifted Stringer his goal is evidence of that. He got warned and then the free was paid.

Sound exactly like what happened to Lake in the 2009 prelim.

Ducks head.

ledge
11-05-2019, 06:25 PM
If Melbourne think they are going to win they could be in for a shock.
GC can be very cheeky as we know if your not on the ball 100%

ledge
11-05-2019, 06:26 PM
Phew I had money on the pies in a multi, that was lucky.
Got the dogs though :-)

The bulldog tragician
11-05-2019, 06:58 PM

Yes, agree. Rampe was trying to gain an illegal advantage. Against the rules, and the spirit of the rules. Adopting a “whatever it takes” attitude, so to speak. Not fair! May the karma bus keep rolling over the top of the Bombres and everything the DonTheSash apologists stand for :)

Twodogs
11-05-2019, 08:46 PM

Awesome stuff.

GVGjr
11-05-2019, 08:57 PM
I have a theory that we should let all Bombers supporters know that they were robbed. The AFL is clearly plotting against them
If that can add to their angst then it's worth being nice to them.

Twodogs
11-05-2019, 09:09 PM
I have a theory that we should let all Bombers supporters know that they were robbed. The AFL is clearly plotting against them
If that can add to their angst then it's worth being nice to them.

I'm sorely tempted to log on and be all reasonable with them and agree they were ripped off. I don't believe it but I enjoy seeing them suffer.

GVGjr
11-05-2019, 09:29 PM
Melbourne sneaks home by a point. Can they kick start their season?

comrade
11-05-2019, 09:55 PM
WC v Saints is a shocking game of footy.

Mantis
11-05-2019, 10:44 PM

Not on that.. it was a truly horrid game.

bornadog
11-05-2019, 11:44 PM

I only saw the last 5 minutes, and GC just threw it away. With I think 39 seconds on the clock GC goal to go 6 points up. Melbourne then get a goal and 18 seconds left. Melbourne then force the ball forward for a point.

Remi Moses
12-05-2019, 10:04 AM
Melbourne were extremely fortunate . David king must have moved on from betting on Rising star awards !
He had the house on Melbourne. Port’s forward half just didn’t function, as they are missing key players .
Thought the intensity at the start of the game was the hottest I’ve seen all year .

angelopetraglia
12-05-2019, 10:15 AM
I only saw the last 5 minutes, and GC just threw it away. With I think 39 seconds on the clock GC goal to go 6 points up. Melbourne then get a goal and 18 seconds left. Melbourne then force the ball forward for a point.

One of the more extraordinary finishes to a game of football you will ever see. Crazy last minute. Two goals and a point. It does really highlight the power of the new 6-6-6 rule where the centre clearance is worth gold in those desperate last seconds. (If it was last year Gold Coast would have payed an additional four defenders, making it so much harder for Melbourne.)

The Adelaide Connection
12-05-2019, 05:06 PM
Ablett will be the headline of the week again after an almost identical hit to the one he got reported for last week. If anything, this one was later and he threw his forearm higher to get him in the face.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-12/not-again-is-ablett-in-trouble-for-high-contact

Gary Rohan was concussed today for the cats too. It looked like a bad one, with two trainers having to help him from the field. You would think he would be less than 50-50 to make the game against us in 6 days.

GVGjr
12-05-2019, 05:46 PM
It's worse than last week but the AFL is very good at finding ways to make sure star players don't miss one game bans

Twodogs
12-05-2019, 07:15 PM
Ablett will play because, lets face it the Geelong football mafia will insist upon it, and the irony of Gary Rohan being concussed will be totally be lost on them.

jeemak
12-05-2019, 07:20 PM
The Rohan one is interesting, it looked as if there was a slight clash of heads but it was clear to me the cause of the concussion would have been more likely from the head jolting and the brain rattling around inside the skull more than the actual head clash itself.

bornadog
12-05-2019, 07:25 PM
Hawks, GWS only 14,000 in attendance today? Where are all these so called members?

hujsh
12-05-2019, 07:34 PM
Hawks, GWS only 14,000 in attendance today? Where are all these so called members?

...Mothers day?

bornadog
12-05-2019, 07:37 PM
...Mothers day?

That is what the Hawks will claim. Lunch at 12pm, then off to the G - no??

Twodogs
12-05-2019, 07:38 PM
The Rohan one is interesting, it looked as if there was a slight clash of heads but it was clear to me the cause of the concussion would have been more likely from the head jolting and the brain rattling around inside the skull more than the actual head clash itself.

That's exactly the clinical definition of concussion. It's caused by the brain bouncing around inside your skull and the actual concussion is caused by the brain bashing against the inside of the skull.

We had better concussion protocols back in the '70s when you missed the next week no matter what

hujsh
12-05-2019, 08:18 PM
That is what the Hawks will claim. Lunch at 12pm, then off to the G - no??

I suspect a fair few mums would be a bit unimpressed by that. Sure some would probably be happy to spend Mothers day at the footy but 'yeah hi mum I'm here for some food but I'm gonna be gone by 2 so I can make the footy so cheers and all' isn't exactly too flash.

Ghost Dog
12-05-2019, 10:03 PM
One of the most difficult press conferences Stuart Dew has ever had to do. In words, magnanimous in defeat but clearly a press conference was the last place he wanted to be. But rather than be a sulk about it ( like Lyon no doubt would have been ) he carried on. One could not help but be sorry for the guy.
Prepare yourselves to see ingenious ways of not losing a game in the last 18 seconds, to beat the 6,6,6 rule.

jeemak
14-05-2019, 01:06 AM
As a Bulldogs supporter I have enormous sympathy for poor old Hawthorn and the poor treatment they receive from a fixturing perspective and the almost $1M it is apparently likely to cost them this year. They do it really tough those lads in the brown and gold, what with the league openly at war with them...……(this is actually what Kennett believes).

Nobody whinges quite like the well off and entitled.

Happy Days
14-05-2019, 12:07 PM
Mother's Day didn't stop Freo from drawing 42k.

Twodogs
14-05-2019, 12:32 PM
As a Bulldogs supporter I have enormous sympathy for poor old Hawthorn and the poor treatment they receive from a fixturing perspective and the almost $1M it is apparently likely to cost them this year. They do it really tough those lads in the brown and gold, what with the league openly at war with them...……(this is actually what Kennett believes).

Hawthorn are the biggest Squeaky wheel in the AFL i reckon. Geelong are starting to give them a run for their money* though.

*our money.

Max469
14-05-2019, 07:55 PM

My boss is a Hawks supporter. Was sooking today. Told him welcome to the world of the Bulldog and to suck it up. (just as well we get on well). Told him, that is usually us. So you are sooking at the wrong person. He just didn't get it.

Dancin' Douggy
15-05-2019, 09:45 AM
Got a laugh out of me!

It's a clear cut free kick, like painfully obvious. I can only think if they had Goddard still, the finger pointing would have been assertive and got the umps attention. Jakey's finger pointing just isn't in the same class.

bornadog
15-05-2019, 09:59 AM

Isn't great it happened to the biggest cheats in AFL history.