PDA

View Full Version : Tory Dickson - 100 Games

bornadog
10-04-2019, 05:43 PM
It has taken awhile but Dicko due to reach his 100th game this Friday night.

Great record to date with 161 goals at an accuracy of 74.9%. Hopefully he has a few more goals in him yet

GVGjr
10-04-2019, 05:54 PM
Given he was a 'Macca' recruit he wasn't necessarily warmly welcomed into the Kennel by some of the fans but I think he was a good mature aged recruit for us and he eventually won over some of the doubters. His goal kicking accuracy along with some forward pressure he applies have been hallmarks of the way he goes about his footy.

As BAD says, it's taken a bit longer than most but it's been a mighty effort for him to get to the 100 games milestone.

Well done TD.

Thanks for posting this BAD

Mofra
10-04-2019, 05:58 PM
Four goals in a prelim should afford him a fair bit of love from supporters.

Kudos, Tinder.

josie
10-04-2019, 06:14 PM
His accuracy in grannie was crucial too. And if his son ends up being a decent player we get first dibs!!

Congrats Tory.

Hope you put in a blinder on Friday night. (I know he was caught HTB last Sunday but I hope Bevo sticks with him to see if it was an aberration or signs of decline, also his pressure acts were I think reasonable considering most of rest of team efforts).

EasternWest
10-04-2019, 07:49 PM

Kudos, Tinder.

And the three he kicked the week after were handy too.

And absolute success story of perseverance, dedication and professionalism. Etched his own name in Bulldogs folklore for ever.

bulldogtragic
10-04-2019, 09:16 PM
Great achievement. Not as great as his competition best goal kicking accuracy. Nah, both great achievements.

Eastdog
10-04-2019, 09:18 PM
Well done Tory!

Bulldog Revolution
10-04-2019, 09:56 PM
Congratulations Tory - wrote himself into the Bulldog folklore

Was superb in 2015 & 2016 - has shown signs this year and since hes been on the list the forward line has been better for having him in it

ratsmac
10-04-2019, 10:03 PM
Great pick up. Knows where the sticks are and kicks it straight (most of the time).

Congrats Dicko!!

Remi Moses
10-04-2019, 10:10 PM
Great effort from Tinder
Been exceptionally good and did the business when it mattered .

boydogs
10-04-2019, 11:33 PM
I know he was caught HTB last Sunday but I hope Bevo sticks with him to see if it was an aberration or signs of decline

Just caught unaware, he wasn't sprinting or trying to evade when he got run down

josie
11-04-2019, 01:10 AM
Just caught unaware, he wasn't sprinting or trying to evade when he got run down Good point.

jeemak
11-04-2019, 04:01 AM
He's been an excellent contributor for our club, I'm glad he'll get his name on the locker - it would have been a shame to see him miss out as such an integral part of our premiership.

His preliminary final was simply outstanding, he rose to the occasion and made minced meat out of a crowding defence and Heath Shaw. His GF was excellent too.

He'll get his mojo back if he can stay on the park this year. He is showing the signs of a player who knows what he used to be able to do, but just needs to prove to himself he can do it again for a year or so more.

Hotdog60
11-04-2019, 06:37 AM
Just caught unaware, he wasn't sprinting or trying to evade when he got run down

Watching the video I thought he miss judged it. I thought he looked at the player and decided to grab a couple of metres and got out of the blocks to slow.
In hindsight he should have gone back and taken a set shot. I wonder after OP and hamstrings he hasn't got the length in his kick anymore.

Mofra
11-04-2019, 10:16 AM
His preliminary final was simply outstanding, he rose to the occasion and made minced meat out of a crowding defence and Heath Shaw. His GF was excellent too.
I absolutely loved his one handed mark against Shaw, moments after Shaw yelled at his defensive teammates. It was a beautiful thing.

Axe Man
11-04-2019, 10:25 AM

Kudos, Tinder.

Great effort from Tinder
Been exceptionally good and did the business when it mattered .

I've never heard Tinder before, is there a story behind that?

merantau
11-04-2019, 12:46 PM
Congratulations Tory. You have been very good for us. You have worked hard to overcome injuries and I hope you get a good run at it this year. Best kick for goal in a long time. 2016 Finals - immense hurt factor to the opposition. Saw Heath Shaw the other day. He said to say, "Hi".

Mofra
11-04-2019, 12:52 PM
I've never heard Tinder before, is there a story behind that?
His nickname - Tinder King

Axe Man
11-04-2019, 01:16 PM
His nickname - Tinder King

Perhaps I could have worded it better - I realise it was a nickname (I do know what Tinder is), I just hadn't heard it before.

So is there a story to Tory being a Tinder King?

whythelongface
11-04-2019, 01:53 PM
Congrats to Tory. He has certainly been a success story. As others have stated he has been tremendous, particularly in the 2016 Finals series. He will always be a premiership player. Well done and good luck tomorrow night.

Ghost Dog
11-04-2019, 02:40 PM
Given he was a 'Macca' recruit he wasn't necessarily warmly welcomed into the Kennel by some of the fans but I think he was a good mature aged recruit for us and he eventually won over some of the doubters. His goal kicking accuracy along with some forward pressure he applies have been hallmarks of the way he goes about his footy.

As BAD says, it's taken a bit longer than most but it's been a mighty effort for him to get to the 100 games milestone.

Well done TD.

Thanks for posting this BAD

He was always, always warmly welcomed by me because Essendon wanted him and we got him. Huzzah!
Bricklayer turned premiership champ, all round nice guy.
Remember watching him up close during a North game at Etihad. His body work in close to allow the last minute drop of the ball into his arms is great. Great kick of the footy.

angelopetraglia
11-04-2019, 04:01 PM
Such an important part of our Premiership. 6 kicks for 4.1 goals in the GWS Prelim game (probably should have kicked that last one too).

craigsahibee
11-04-2019, 04:08 PM

But it's the AFL FFS. You just don't have the luxury of being able to stroll. Awareness is as vital as nailing set shots. That 6 points from the missed opportunity might have had an even greater impact.

Mofra
11-04-2019, 04:17 PM
Such an important part of our Premiership. 6 kicks for 4.1 goals in the GWS Prelim game (probably should have kicked that last one too).
That behind meant GWS lost by one straight kick, just twisting the knife in a little deeper.

I'm comfortable with it :cool:

bornadog
11-04-2019, 05:07 PM
But it's the AFL FFS. You just don't have the luxury of being able to stroll. Awareness is as vital as nailing set shots. That 6 points from the missed opportunity might have had an even greater impact.

I think they got a goal from the rebound - a 12 point turn around. Also, pretty sure Naughton and one other player were also free closer to goal.

Edit just checked Naughton running past free as a bird.

See at 4.11min in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rZCzidxD3U

boydogs
13-04-2019, 12:27 PM

Awareness is a temporary error, loss of speed is a career killer - think Brad Johnson

Twodogs
19-04-2019, 01:11 PM
I think they got a goal from the rebound - a 12 point turn around. Also, pretty sure Naughton and one other player were also free closer to goal.

Edit just checked Naughton running past free as a bird.

See at 4.11min in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rZCzidxD3U

He was just spoiled for opportunity I reckon. He had three or four realistic options to go with and sometimes that's as problematic as having no options. In the end he ran out of time and didn't make a decision. It happens.