PDA

View Full Version : Systems

meenies
11-04-2019, 09:03 PM
I hear Bevo and many other coaches and media people talk about "systems" and "patterns". What are ours? Has anyone been able to work out what ours are?

Eastdog
11-04-2019, 09:19 PM
Hard for me to answer but other woofers might know. Very good question.

Twodogs
11-04-2019, 10:11 PM
Patterns are where players run to and how many times they run over and over again. It could be to draw opponents away from the ball or to get hit up on the lead. Systems are how you use the ball, like kicking it into space but knowing that your system means a teammate should know to run to where you are going to kick it. Essentially it's really good teamwork by players who are used to playing with each other.

MrMahatma
12-04-2019, 01:26 AM
I hear Bevo and many other coaches and media people talk about "systems" and "patterns". What are ours? Has anyone been able to work out what ours are?

Mostly Microsoft systems. A couple of more experimental apps in the mix but we always follow an A, B, C pattern.

What do Richmond do!?

Twodogs
12-04-2019, 12:02 PM
Mostly Microsoft systems. A couple of more experimental apps in the mix but we always follow an A, B, C pattern.

What do Richmond do!?

Loveknitting have some great patterns too.

Murphy'sLore
12-04-2019, 02:34 PM
Are patterns, systems and game plan all the same thing? Or are there different game plans for each match? Is system what you fall back on (eg a bad system would be bombing blindly into the forward line?)

jeemak
12-04-2019, 03:43 PM
Are patterns, systems and game plan all the same thing? Or are there different game plans for each match? Is system what you fall back on (eg a bad system would be bombing blindly into the forward line?)

I think patterns work within a broader system and relate to individual roles or groups of roles within that system. Teams will have different systems for different aspects and phases of the game (depending on personnel, opposition, game situation etc.), but generally, have a consistent plan for how they want to defend and score.

meenies
13-04-2019, 10:15 AM
Bombing blindly does seem to be one system we use regularly. Has anyone been able to identify others we do?

ReLoad
13-04-2019, 10:17 AM
The Bont missing a fairly easy set shot at goal after doing the incredibly hard work to get there is our main system.