PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rd 4, 2019 vs Collingwood

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-04-2019, 11:56 PM
So, once again, looking for the defining moment or the most courageous moment of the game.

I thought the slingshot play from deep defense early, hot contested play all the way through to I think Lloyd scoring a goal from a snap. I thought that was the final lunge that would see us wrest ultimate control.....
Instead it was really the desperate last lunge of our final reserves of energy that was the precursor to a killer response from the opposition .. kinda like Operation Michael March 1917 for the German Army.
#allmyWW1fansinthehouse

bulldogtragic
13-04-2019, 12:31 AM
The recurring moment series, Dicko’s fumbles. Hurt especially in the last.

FrediKanoute
13-04-2019, 12:46 AM
The Gifted goal in the third quarter. I think it was Dureya (please correct me) who tries to switch play to COrdy. He finds Mason Cox who pops it over the top and the Pies goal. Momentum shifts, we take a 5 point lead into the last rather than an 11 point lead.

boydogs
13-04-2019, 12:54 AM
The Gifted goal in the third quarter. I think it was Dureya (please correct me) who tries to switch play to COrdy. He finds Mason Cox who pops it over the top and the Pies goal. Momentum shifts, we take a 5 point lead into the last rather than an 11 point lead.

It was Libba

Eastdog
13-04-2019, 01:02 AM
It was Libba

Yeah Libba it was. Bad turnover.

FrediKanoute
13-04-2019, 01:08 AM
Yeah Libba it was. Bad turnover.

Stand corrected. Terrible from a guy of his calibre

jeemak
13-04-2019, 03:20 AM
Tory Dickson not being paid the most obvious in the back free kick I've seen for a long time early in the last. Collingwood then took it forward and kicked a goal...…..

Disgraceful umpiring, and as much as I love riding hobby horses, this is a horse that breaks my heart.

merantau
13-04-2019, 07:01 AM
Most courageous moment - Dickson's mark. He had to run run back and lean back as the ball was way over his head so was in the most vulnerable position of all. Real guts. He had a dirty night but he had a few mates .

mjp
13-04-2019, 07:15 AM
The moment? This sucks but smith running into an open goal and missing...that was the game right there.

Go_Dogs
13-04-2019, 07:25 AM
The moment? This sucks but smith running into an open goal and missing...that was the game right there.

Could’ve ran al the way in. The chasing pie was toast...

westdog54
13-04-2019, 08:14 AM

When you consider he'd executed the exact same kick earlier in the match it was a devastating blow.

Throughandthrough
13-04-2019, 08:42 AM
Mitch Wallis turnover in the first quarter gifting them a goal was a shocker.

Go_Dogs
13-04-2019, 08:47 AM
Mitch Wallis turnover in the first quarter gifting them a goal was a shocker.

He makes one shocking skill error each game.

Get him back in the front half where it's less costly.

ratsmac
13-04-2019, 11:07 AM
It was Libba's shocking switch kick that gifted them a direct goal for me too. He had a much safer option shorter available but he took the low percentage option. We had proper momentum at that stage with Collingwood on the back foot and not even looking like scoring. In such a low scoring game it felt like we just gave up a 5 goal lead.

Hotdog60
13-04-2019, 11:50 AM
It was Libba's shocking switch kick that gifted them a direct goal for me too. He had a much safer option shorter available but he took the low percentage option. We had proper momentum at that stage with Collingwood on the back foot and not even looking like scoring. In such a low scoring game it felt like we just gave up a 5 goal lead.

I would have to say this too.

boydogs
13-04-2019, 12:04 PM

We had a 2 on 1 straight up the line where one of the 2 was Tim English

Bulldog4life
13-04-2019, 12:38 PM
Tory Dickson not being paid the most obvious in the back free kick I've seen for a long time early in the last. Collingwood then took it forward and kicked a goal...…..

Disgraceful umpiring, and as much as I love riding hobby horses, this is a horse that breaks my heart.

Yes Jee this was my big moment too. Shocking non decision.

BornInDroopSt'54
13-04-2019, 03:29 PM
The turnover immediately after Crozier's amazing mark. The turnover just trashed the magic team lifting effort of the mark and all the hard work we had achieved.
We don't get reward for effort and they get gifted a goal.

EasternWest
13-04-2019, 05:44 PM
Crozier's diving smother cemented my nascent man crush. He's been an amazing pick up.

dadsgirl16
13-04-2019, 06:15 PM
I am going down positive street .. My moment as opposed to The moment was Bailey Smith’s first goal

Smads57
13-04-2019, 10:14 PM
Mine was Naughton's big marks in the third term - I realised at that point in time I was watching a Bulldog player pulling down some big marks and not someone from another team. I was thinking how all my mates would be wishing he was playing for their teams!

Eastdog
13-04-2019, 11:50 PM
I am going down positive street .. My moment as opposed to The moment was Bailey Smith’s first goal

I’ll go with this one as well. Great moment despite the overall result of the game.

bornadog
15-04-2019, 05:18 PM
The moment was when this mark should not have been paid.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D4KuEgUUUAAeRB_.jpg

ratsmac
15-04-2019, 05:43 PM
The moment was when this mark should not have been paid.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D4KuEgUUUAAeRB_.jpg

Cox actually looks to have more of the ball than Crozier in that pic. Quick take it down. I like the thought that we got ripped off more than maybe it was a mark to Cox.

bulldogtragic
15-04-2019, 05:50 PM
Cox actually looks to have more of the ball than Crozier in that pic. Quick take it down. I like the thought that we got ripped off more than maybe it was a mark to Cox.

Should've been an arm chop free against Crozier.

What was Wood doing?

FrediKanoute
15-04-2019, 07:59 PM

What was Wood doing?

Now that is the real question that needs to be considered. Personally I think Cox had more of it than Crozier, so it was either play on touched or a mark to Cox. How Cox was allowed to get to the contest is the real question.

bornadog
15-04-2019, 11:27 PM

What was Wood doing?

Now that is the real question that needs to be considered. Personally I think Cox had more of it than Crozier, so it was either play on touched or a mark to Cox. How Cox was allowed to get to the contest is the real question.

How dare Wood concede 24 cm

FrediKanoute
16-04-2019, 01:21 AM

Conceding 24cm is something he can't do anything about, letting Cox get the jump is something he can do something about. I would be interested in seeing the footage leading up to the contest and where Wood is in that

hujsh
16-04-2019, 10:51 AM

What was Wood doing?

A question I ask rather often. Usually when he has the ball.

bulldogtragic
16-04-2019, 11:13 AM

Conceding 24cm is something he can't do anything about, letting Cox get the jump is something he can do something about. I would be interested in seeing the footage leading up to the contest and where Wood is in that

What Fredi said. Caleb gives up 20-30cm a lot in games and affects spoils, blocks clear runs and/or body checks opponents. Wood is doing none of that. Hence why I asked the question, and I agree with Fredi, the footage leading up to that contest would answer the question about why in a still frame he looks like a passenger.

Mofra
16-04-2019, 11:21 AM
Mine was Naughton's big marks in the third term - I realised at that point in time I was watching a Bulldog player pulling down some big marks and not someone from another team. I was thinking how all my mates would be wishing he was playing for their teams!
Yep - we lost the battle but won the war.

Give him 1-2 more pre-seasons. Most players struggle to hold one contested mark per game. This bloke is basically on par with Tom Lynch already and is arguably more aggressive.

LostDoggy
18-04-2019, 06:21 AM
Yep - we lost the battle but won the war.

Give him 1-2 more pre-seasons. Most players struggle to hold one contested mark per game. This bloke is basically on par with Tom Lynch already and is arguably more aggressive.

I see CG in this one