PDA

View Full Version : WB Game Day V Carlton R5 2019

Pages : [1] 2

Eastdog
18-04-2019, 10:47 PM
Margin: Bulldogs by 10 points

First Goal: Aaron Naughton

Best On Ground: Tom Liberatore

Let get out in force on Easter Sunday at Marvel.

Go Bulldogs!!

boydogs
19-04-2019, 12:11 AM
WB by 40
First Goal Gowers
BOG Hunter

dukedog
19-04-2019, 11:34 AM
Doggies by a hair. Naughhttonnnnnn with 6

S Coast Simon
19-04-2019, 02:46 PM
Bulldogs by 34

Naughton to kick five

Wallis to kick three and never return to the middle again

BOG Macrae

bulldogtragic
19-04-2019, 03:52 PM
Carlton by 7 points
FG McLean
BOG McLean

DOG GOD
19-04-2019, 04:40 PM
Carlton by 8
1st goal- Dunkley
Bog - libba

GVGjr
19-04-2019, 06:09 PM
I'd normally not ask this sort of question but why are people predicting a Carlton win?
What is the tipping point that has you believing that we will lose?

Is it team selection, poor form (I thought there were a number of positives from the Collingwood game) a couple of outs or something else that is concerning you?

bulldogtragic
19-04-2019, 06:25 PM
I'd normally not ask this sort of question but why are people predicting a Carlton win?
What is the tipping point that has you believing that we will lose?

Is it team selection, poor form (I thought there were a number of positives from the Collingwood game) a couple of outs or something else that is concerning you?

For me I'm juggling a few things.

1. Losing experienced players to injury.
2. Playing a couple of debutants.
3. It was a close run thing last year against them in not too dissimilar circumstances.
4. Their tall forward line will land them a close win, or us a big win.
5. Surely their players understand this could be it for Bolton if they go limp again. So perhaps they try a bit harder.
6. They have a talented core of players, and I think they're better than last year.
7. We still have issues on turnover and poor kicking for goal. I don't see that changing this week.
8. I thought we were about the same chance against GCS at Marvel. We lost by a small margin then.
9. I still think we are working through team balance. Wallis is still a bit too much time in the middle, while McLean is being wasted up forward (despite goaling a bit) and Dunkley needs to go into midfield beast mode because he can't make 15m set shots. Hopefully this is the week the balance gets better, but I'm not certain of it.

I'm badly wanting the win and will be cheering as loud as ever. It's nothing too much about the form against Collingwood, to me it feels like a classic danger game of recent years like when Melbourne would get their season win against us with guys like Watts performing season best. Just something about it has me concerned. That said, if we 'click', it will be bloody and Bolton won't walk out of Marvel a senior coach.

GVGjr
19-04-2019, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the comprehensive response BT. My confidence is around the quality of the players we have elected not to select. If we can overlook the likes of Lipinski and Trengove (especially with English copping a hiding last week and dropping Schache) then the coach and MC must be very confident.

bulldogtragic
19-04-2019, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the comprehensive response BT. My confidence is around the quality of the players we have elected not to select. If we can overlook the likes of Lipinski and Trengove (especially with English copping a hiding last week and dropping Schache) then the coach and MC must be very confident.

I actually see a case can be made the other way. They can afford to blood debutants against the 18th placed team if there's over confidence, hubris, maybe. I'm not thrilled that Lippa & Trengove are killing it yet can't get in. Then Schache gets dropped for the same output issue that Gowers escapes, and so Naughton may have to relief ruck. I'm not much confident on the ins and outs this week.

Mantis
19-04-2019, 06:47 PM

Or delusional.

Twodogs
19-04-2019, 07:22 PM
Or delusional.

Hehehe!

Bulldogs by 64 points
FG. Billy G
BOG The Bont.

GVGjr
19-04-2019, 07:57 PM
Or delusional.

So which is it?

DOG GOD
19-04-2019, 08:10 PM
For me I'm juggling a few things.

1. Losing experienced players to injury.
2. Playing a couple of debutants.
3. It was a close run thing last year against them in not too dissimilar circumstances.
4. Their tall forward line will land them a close win, or us a big win.
5. Surely their players understand this could be it for Bolton if they go limp again. So perhaps they try a bit harder.
6. They have a talented core of players, and I think they're better than last year.
7. We still have issues on turnover and poor kicking for goal. I don't see that changing this week.
8. I thought we were about the same chance against GCS at Marvel. We lost by a small margin then.
9. I still think we are working through team balance. Wallis is still a bit too much time in the middle, while McLean is being wasted up forward (despite goaling a bit) and Dunkley needs to go into midfield beast mode because he can't make 15m set shots. Hopefully this is the week the balance gets better, but I'm not certain of it.

I'm badly wanting the win and will be cheering as loud as ever. It's nothing too much about the form against Collingwood, to me it feels like a classic danger game of recent years like when Melbourne would get their season win against us with guys like Watts performing season best. Just something about it has me concerned. That said, if we 'click', it will be bloody and Bolton won't walk out of Marvel a senior coach.

Well written mate, without copying you, I’m in a similar vein. I’m a little confused by team selection, and when I look over the blues backline, it’s really not too bad. Cripps has already gone to another level and I expect a high 30+ possessions for him Sunday.

I also had a dream Carlton win by 8 pts with McKay kicking 5.
I think McKay, Casboult and Curnow (or Kruz up there) will be too difficult, if the Carlton midfield play a good game. It always seem to be a bit of an arm wrestle against them, and if our kicking is off, and we continue to just bomb twice as many inside 50’s with no result, I can see them just getting over the line.

Gold Coast made us look second rate in Melbourne
Carlton should’ve beaten them away

Either way, I think it will be under 2 goals, win or lose

And personally, I don’t think we are playing as well as what some might think.

bornadog
19-04-2019, 08:13 PM
Dogs by 23

First Goal Naughton
BOG The Bont

Mantis
19-04-2019, 08:33 PM
So which is it?

I guess we find out on Sunday... couldn’t be less confident if I tried.

Rocket Science
19-04-2019, 11:11 PM
This one's a dead set banana peel.

They've been publicly torched, again, we're getting cute at the selection table, again, and I sincerely have no idea what to expect from us on any given day, let alone how we'll line up, again.

Them by a kick
BOG : the Bont
First goal : JJ

MrMahatma
19-04-2019, 11:24 PM
Dogs by 85
BOG Bont
First goal Bont

Jam Donuts
20-04-2019, 06:22 AM
This is a worry on Sunday, it is a must win game, just like against the Gold Coast, and we have trouble winning games we should win, we cannot afford to lose this one.

Dogs by 11
BOG Hunter
First Goal Gowers

ratsmac
20-04-2019, 11:17 AM
If we rate ourselves at all this year this game should be a formality. However I'm worried because how we played against Gold Coast. Complacency or Gold Coast are actually a good team, at this stage I'm leaning towards complacency. I hate playing any team with their backs against the wall and Carlton have copped it this week especially Bolton.

In saying that...

Dogs by 23
First goal - Dickson (he'll kick 5)
BOG - The Bont. (He loves to show Cripps he is better)

GVGjr
20-04-2019, 11:26 AM
I guess we find out on Sunday... couldn’t be less confident if I tried.

You really don't rate our chances tomorrow? Despite the baffling selections I think we should be very confident that we will win. I'm not talking about selling the house and plunking it all down on a Bulldogs win but if we curb the influence of Cripps and a couple of others we should do well.

I've just been seeing enough positive signs in a few of the players that have me believing it will all click for us.

JJ could really be the spark plug for us tomorrow

DOG GOD
20-04-2019, 11:45 AM
I’m expecting Cripps, curnow (best one), Simpson and McKay to have blinders tomorrow and it will be combating those 4 that will have a big say if we win.

Honestly, I have no hair left with scratching my head so much over MC decisions, and if Dunks rucks a brick may end up through the TV tomorrow.

I had a sick feeling the week leading up to the GC game, and the same jitters are here this week. Like a previous post mentioned, we tend to lose the ones we are expected to win.

I think the Carlton backline can stand up to our barrage of inside 50’s without scoreboard pressure and if they can get it down to curnow, McKay and the likes quickly, I think they will easily we able to out position their much smaller opponents.

I hope I’m proven wrong.

bornadog
20-04-2019, 03:58 PM
I would like to see Dunks go head to head with Cripps, it would be a good battle and free up the Bont.

Mckay is a very good contested mark and we may have trouble if they kick it to him. Carlton's biggest issue is they haven't been able to kick goals, and haven't had a score over 100 for a long time. I know that is sort of our issue too, but we are the number one club to get the ball inside 50, we must convert these chances tomorrow.

Carlton are actually last with marks inside 50 whereas we are 7th based on 4 games compared to others above us all with 5 games except GWS.

bulldogtragic
20-04-2019, 04:06 PM
With a small forward line, I wonder if we are still going to bomb in 70 entries into the forwardline with long, high kicks on the top of them and the taller Carlton defenders.

bornadog
20-04-2019, 04:13 PM
With a small forward line, I wonder if we are still going to bomb in 70 entries into the forwardline with long, high kicks on the top of them and the taller Carlton defenders.

Naughtonnnnnnnnnnnnn

Eastdog
20-04-2019, 06:00 PM
Danger game tomorrow. I still think will do enough to win this one but will be close again. Would be nice to get a more comfortable win. Been involved in close ones so far this season. Must! Must! Take our chances when we get it into the forward line. If the defence is strong and we take our chances up forward will win.

chef
20-04-2019, 06:04 PM
Danger game for mine, we play like we did against GC and Carlton are every chance to beat us.

Eastdog
20-04-2019, 06:06 PM
I’ll go with that thread title. Good change woofers.

Go_Dogs
21-04-2019, 08:09 AM
Think we win this one by 10 goals - I'm away so won't be attending this week and we usually demolish sides when I miss, so happy Easter all.

BOG - Williams
First goal - Dickson

Mantis
21-04-2019, 08:15 AM
You really don't rate our chances tomorrow? Despite the baffling selections I think we should be very confident that we will win. I'm not talking about selling the house and plunking it all down on a Bulldogs win but if we curb the influence of Cripps and a couple of others we should do well.

I've just been seeing enough positive signs in a few of the players that have me believing it will all click for us.

JJ could really be the spark plug for us tomorrow

I think we’re a decent chance given the opposition, but it’s very dependent on playing the game completely on our terms. The lack of height in the side is an extreme concern with only Naughton & Cordy as KPP’s, with Cordy more a 2nd or 3rd defender and Naughton only 20 odd games into his career.. Huge load to carry given Carlton have selected a reasonably tall team.

Bevo will either be ahead of the game picking a hybrid team or look a whole lot silly come 3.45pm.

Bumper Bulldogs
21-04-2019, 09:12 AM
Huge danger game for us today. That said I am confident that we will get over the line. The midfield is we’re its going to be won I’m confident that Dunks will go to Cripps and run into form. If our midfield can do the job against the lies these chumps should be easy meat. It’s going to take two quarters to start to get on top as they will come out with everything they have.

Dogs 18points
1st Goal Gowers. He will light it up today with Forward line changes. He’ll show Bolten
BOG Bont. He is proud and will lead the boys like a champion.

Remi Moses
21-04-2019, 10:46 AM
Dogs by 18 pts ( no excuses)
First goal Gowers
BOG Bont

1eyedog
21-04-2019, 10:56 AM
Blues by 11
Best for us Macrae
First for us Lloyd

I'm concerned about heir tall forwards and I think we'll be found out down there today. I'm feeling Curnow could have a Drew Petire / Sam Reid moment on us and kick a heap quickly.

We must make the most of our forward entries and our mid sized forwards need to convert.

ratsmac
21-04-2019, 11:18 AM
Blues by 11
Best for us Macrae
First for us Lloyd

I'm concerned about heir tall forwards and I think we'll be found out down there today. I'm feeling Curnow could have a Drew Petire / Sam Reid moment on us and kick a heap quickly.

We must make the most of our forward entries and our mid sized forwards need to convert.

I fear the same with their tall forwards. We must squeeze their midfield and take away any space so the can't get any clean ball to their big guys. If we can get the ball to the ground we should be able to run it out of defense easily.

And yes we MUST take our chances and get some scoreboard pressure going.

westbulldog
21-04-2019, 11:30 AM
Very much a danger game. Simpson must not be allowed to run free from the backline, remember Shaw doing that with serious damage and Bevo treated it as if Shaw didn't exist. Who is going to give English a chop out or are we burning the kid up ?

Dogs by 8
First goal Gowers
BOG Macrae

Questionable selections by the MC, if we lose it is down to them. I would be more confident if Trengove, Lipinski and Jong were in the 22. Who is on the MC btw ?

Bulldog4life
21-04-2019, 12:46 PM
Dogs by 28
First goal Naughty
BOG Macrae

Remi Moses
21-04-2019, 12:57 PM
Curnow is out
Rock the casboult is in

Twodogs
21-04-2019, 01:13 PM
Curnow is out
Rock the casboult is in

Sharif wont like it.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
21-04-2019, 01:15 PM
Dogs by 23 points
BOG: Macrae
First goal: Dickson

The Underdog
21-04-2019, 01:20 PM
Curnow is out
Rock the casboult is in

Which seems like a good thing, until Casboult takes the role of VFL level key forward who kicks 7 against us....

The Adelaide Connection
21-04-2019, 01:50 PM
Which seems like a good thing, until Casboult takes the role of VFL level key forward who kicks 7 against us....

We do have an ominous record of letting struggling forwards get hold of us. *See Majak Daw et al

Twodogs
21-04-2019, 02:05 PM
We do have an ominous record of letting struggling forwards get hold of us. *See Majak Daw et al

I was at that game and my North supporting mate said to me "We've found a key forward!" I had two words for him, Lukas Markovich

The Adelaide Connection
21-04-2019, 02:08 PM
Gonna back in Bevo and the MC. Hopefully they have gone back to the 2015 model where (if I am remembering correctly) there were loads of changes early based on form and it worked out.

Dogs by 33
First Goal: Gowers from a set shot outside 50
BOG: Bont
Headline: Bont bleeds Cripps dry

jeemak
21-04-2019, 02:13 PM
Well we got our weekly commentator fodder about Caleb in nice and early...…….

Mantis
21-04-2019, 02:14 PM
Well we got our weekly commentator fodder about Caleb in nice and early...…….

Where was Cordy?

Rocket Science
21-04-2019, 02:18 PM
They're doing a reasonable job of denying us the footy so far then giving their talls every opportunity.

jeemak
21-04-2019, 02:19 PM
That is so lazy.

Lucky the review showed us it was touched.

The Underdog
21-04-2019, 02:19 PM
Where was Cordy?

Well a moment ago he was standing the mark on the wing to Cripps.
I like Naughton forward but jeez we’re thin down back without him.

Mantis
21-04-2019, 02:21 PM
Horrible skills, minimal pressure on the ball carrier and then an undersized defence.. a lovely recipe for a great afternoon.

The Underdog
21-04-2019, 02:22 PM
Small and slow. What a combo

bulldogtragic
They're doing a reasonable job of denying us the footy so far then giving their talls every opportunity.

A shame for them they haven't put us to the sword. They're dominating play.

Mantis
Well a moment ago he was standing the mark on the wing to Cripps.
I like Naughton forward but jeez we’re thin down back without him.

So play another tall defender!

bulldogtragic
21-04-2019, 02:23 PM
So play another tall defender!

What a controversial idea.

Rocket Science
Horrible skills, minimal pressure on the ball carrier and then an undersized defence.. a lovely recipe for a great afternoon.

Don't forget forward entries to outnumbered teammates.

*kisses fingertips*

DOG GOD
This game should be over

Mantis
21-04-2019, 02:24 PM
Cordy should get dropped for that.

Rocket Science
21-04-2019, 02:28 PM
Good of Bont to wipe Wally's backside for him. Strewth.

bulldogtragic
21-04-2019, 02:28 PM
I love Bailey Smith. A lot.

Mantis
21-04-2019, 02:29 PM
Lovely hands by Bont.. not so good by Wally.

jeemak
21-04-2019, 02:30 PM
Cordy should get dropped for that.

That was the worst defencive communication efforts I've ever seen. Disgraceful.

Rocket Science
21-04-2019, 02:38 PM
Good thing our undersized defence is so adept at ground level.

DOG GOD
21-04-2019, 02:39 PM
Getting slaughtered in the clearances, slaughtered around the ground. They look like they’re going to score every inside 50.

We look as disinterested as we did against GC

Rocket Science
21-04-2019, 02:40 PM
Thank baby jesus for the Bont, he's the only one imposing himself at this stage.

Mantis
21-04-2019, 02:41 PM
2 on 1 on Naughton every time we go forward... Good luck kid.

jeemak
21-04-2019, 02:42 PM
Wow, we are so weak in close today. It's really noticeable, five centre clearances to none.

Rocket Science
21-04-2019, 02:43 PM
We loves us a late term goal against.

Like f*cking clockwork.

bulldogtragic
21-04-2019, 02:43 PM
No one on the goal line to give up a red time goal.

Why do they hate us?

The Underdog
21-04-2019, 02:44 PM
2 on 1 on Naughton every time we go forward... Good luck kid.

Should we put him back? We can’t score anyway.
We may as well try to stop them.

GVGjr
Another set of latish goals hurt us after getting the game back on an even keel and thank god Lloyd got one for us
A few decision errors have hurt us

And another late opposition goal undoes the hard work

DOG GOD
After the GC game and this first quarter, we are indeed a worse team than last year.

Mantis
21-04-2019, 02:45 PM
Wow, we are so weak in close today. It's really noticeable, five centre clearances to none.

Why are Gowers & Wallis in there? Dunkley is only in there to ruck and Libba seems to be forward a fair bit.. If this was Rd18 I’d think we were tanking.

DOG GOD
Another set of latish goals hurt us after getting the game back on an even keel and thank god Lloyd got one for us
A few decision errors have hurt us

And another late opposition goal undoes the hard work

Problem is mate, we aren’t working hard enough.
As soft as butter.

EasternWest
I like how we're trying a new tactic of just bombing it long into the forward line. This is a refreshing change to the norm.

DOG GOD
21-04-2019, 02:46 PM
Why are Gowers & Wallis in there? Dunkley is only in there to ruck and Libba seems to be forward a fair bit.. If this was Rd18 I’d think we were tanking.

Totally agree. From MC decision to set up, this STINKS

The Bulldogs Bite
Long may this ruck situation continue.

We have a number of areas of concern but this ruck situation is hurting us everywhere. English needs to be competitive around the ground.

jeemak
That was weak Lachie Hunter, weak as ****ing piss and you cost us a goal. Terrible and you should be so ashamed of yourself.

Twodogs
21-04-2019, 02:47 PM
The best takeaway is we aren't ten goals down at quarter time. We should be and any other team would have put us to the sword.

Mantis
That was weak Lachie Hunter, weak as ****ing piss and you cost us a goal. Terrible and you should be so ashamed of yourself.

Needed to hit the body and went half hearted.. very, very soft!

DOG GOD
Long may this ruck situation continue.

We have a number of areas of concern but this ruck situation is hurting us everywhere. English needs to be competitive around the ground.

Rucks aren’t important remember lol.
It’s an embarrassment to watch dunks in there.

The Bulldogs Bite

Said the same thing.

Two players that shouldn’t be near there. Wallis needs glue to pick a ball off the ground.

jeemak
21-04-2019, 02:48 PM

I would say it's because Bevo and his Merry Men have gone up their own arses. I mean, it seems that everyone who commentates on the game, follows the Bulldogs or follows other teams could probably see it, but our coaching team doesn't, or won't.

kruder
21-04-2019, 02:49 PM
Lloyd’s hands so poor

comrade
Bevo is looking ridiculous at this point.

The Bulldogs Bite
I would say it's because Bevo and his Merry Men have gone up their own arses.

Have said it before but I’ll say it again. His stubbornness helped win a flag but it’ll cost him his job at this rate.

Bumper Bulldogs
21-04-2019, 02:50 PM
How bad has Lloyd been two basic marks dropped and no pressure after the mistakes

Twodogs
21-04-2019, 02:50 PM
Needed to hit the body and went half hearted.. very, very soft!

It was really noticeable that he went in exactly the wrong direction in order to avoid body contact wasn't it?

westbulldog
21-04-2019, 02:51 PM
2 goals to McKay marked each time by Caleb Daniel, not Daniel's fault, get Naughton back there, get Libba into the middle.

jeemak
21-04-2019, 02:52 PM
It was really noticeable that he went in exactly the wrong direction in order to avoid body contact wasn't it?

Absolutely it was. He clearly missed the body and stuck out the arm, the Carlton player was never going to look like going any other direction after clearly being first to it. It was just so piss weak.

Twodogs
21-04-2019, 02:53 PM
I dunno what the crowd number is but add our 22 players and our coaching staff to it.

Rocket Science
21-04-2019, 02:53 PM
Carlton giving us a lesson in how to efficiently share the pill.

Yes, Carlton.

Twodogs
21-04-2019, 02:56 PM
Is that 1.9 to the Bont this year? That must be a record for inaccuracy.

Mantis
21-04-2019, 02:58 PM
You reap what you sow.

DOG GOD
21-04-2019, 02:58 PM
I almost hope we go on to lose this by 40 points, yeah I know, but that’s how peeved I am right now

The Underdog
21-04-2019, 02:59 PM
At this point I’m wondering how we won 2 games

bulldogtragic
21-04-2019, 03:00 PM
I almost hope we go on to lose this by 40 points, yeah I know, but that’s how peeved I am right now

My prediction was a narrow loss. But if this continues, it could be 40 points.

Twodogs
In the ****ing back!!!!!!!!

Rocket Science
McLean's rep cost him a decision there.

bulldogtragic
21-04-2019, 03:01 PM
Rediculous. That's a text book push...

DOG GOD
21-04-2019, 03:02 PM
My prediction was a narrow loss. But if this continues, it could be 40 points.

So was mine, with McKay kicking 5

Rocket Science
21-04-2019, 03:02 PM
Having watched Melbourne v Saints yesterday we're looking decidedly Dee-like when we don't have the footy.

Flat footed, reactive, meh.

Barring a half time resurrection we're gonna gift these pricks their first win of the year.

jeemak
21-04-2019, 03:03 PM
Having Dunkley not contest the ruck was an excellent response to a goal.

Mantis
21-04-2019, 03:03 PM
Our forwards are so ****ing slow.. just can’t get separation when we have a fast break opportunity and can’t run down an opponent.

Rocket Science
21-04-2019, 03:06 PM
Dunks set shot. Close your eyes and hold your breath.

bulldogtragic
This is ****ing amatuer hour.

The Underdog
Has Naughton touched the ball?

Rocket Science
21-04-2019, 03:07 PM
Why do we allow Dunkley to go inside our forward arc?

Like, ever?

Mantis
21-04-2019, 03:07 PM
Dunks set shot. Close your eyes and hold your breath.

It was lucky to hit his foot and go forward.. typical ruckman’s kick.

Rocket Science
21-04-2019, 03:08 PM
Libbaaaaaa.

#sogreasy

Rocket Science
21-04-2019, 03:09 PM
Yep, there's that mobile defence killing it at ground level again.

DOG GOD
21-04-2019, 03:09 PM
Our defensive pressure is below VFL standard.

Twodogs
21-04-2019, 03:10 PM
This is the dumbest footy i have seen us play for years.

Rocket Science
21-04-2019, 03:13 PM
Christ on a bike. We've still got Round One rust and it's only like, Round Five.

jeemak
21-04-2019, 03:13 PM
This is just a shitshow.

Have to rely on a soft free kick to keep in touch, and then just don't get it over the boundary in defence and let a weak goal through.

DOG GOD
21-04-2019, 03:14 PM
Was it a beautiful dream when we kicked 9 goals in a qtr against hawks, coz it wasn’t this team

bulldogtragic
21-04-2019, 03:15 PM
Tell me Lachie, what do those foot steps sound like exactly?

Mantis
21-04-2019, 03:17 PM
Tell me Lachie, what do those foot steps sound like exactly?

Surely not our reigning B&F winner?

jeemak
21-04-2019, 03:17 PM
Hunter weak as piss again. Weak as piss.

The Underdog
21-04-2019, 03:19 PM
Easton Wood, leading by example.

Mantis
21-04-2019, 03:20 PM
Hunter weak as piss again. Weak as piss.

Why should he care?.. the same footy won him a B&F and a 5yr contract.. I wouldn’t give a **** either.

bulldogtragic
21-04-2019, 03:21 PM
4.10 plus misses.

I'm glad I spent pre-season reading on how we were fixing this.

The Underdog
21-04-2019, 03:22 PM
It’s rarely as bad as it seems. But this is absolutely as bad as it seems.

G-Mo77
21-04-2019, 03:22 PM
This one is over. The scoreboard flatters us right now.

DOG GOD
21-04-2019, 03:23 PM
Put naughton down back ffs
Put libba, McLean and dunks in the guts
Put Wallis, gowers, Lloyd in the VFL

EasternWest
Lachie Young and Will Hayes are both doing ok. Silver lining etc.

The Bulldogs Bite
I love how we refuse to make changes. Naughton hasnt touched it while mcKay is destroying us.

I’m sick of watching Wood offer nothing too.

GVGjr
On a side note, where is our cheer squad behind the goal? It looks very sparse.

Im not sure how we counter their possession game. Bevo has some work to do.

Funke disco
21-04-2019, 03:24 PM
Some of our players are all heart and that’s it. When they dont give it their all there deficiencies become glaringly and painfully obvious

Bumper Bulldogs
21-04-2019, 03:24 PM
We are still on this. We kick straight and it’s all over. Got a little pressure around the ball bs k.

Bevo will need to just settle them down and fire up the midfield and we will kick away.

The Underdog
21-04-2019, 03:25 PM

Maybe lots of them are Christian.

DOG GOD
21-04-2019, 03:25 PM
I laugh how we don’t pick taller players and go for a smaller running brigade. Pity that smaller running brigade is as slow as F***

Bumper Bulldogs
21-04-2019, 03:26 PM
Maybe they are smarter than us to actually pay to see this kinda footy ��

jeemak
21-04-2019, 03:27 PM
Yep, poor kicking is costing us.

I just keep scratching my head as to why we are always being beaten in the ruck or continually watching opposition players take marks and influence aerial contests in our defencive fifty. It's just a mystery, but definitely doesn't have anything to do with personnel or anything like that.

Twodogs
21-04-2019, 03:27 PM
We started to get our shit together toward the end of the second. A few changes like JJ taking over Daniels' position have helped.

We aren't out of this yet, but we will probably regret some of those pissweak efforts in the first quarter and a half.

I remember Bevo saying that a coach has four sprays in him before it gets stale and the players stop listening. I hope that he used one today because he's going to run out of time to use them.

Rocket Science
21-04-2019, 03:30 PM
This is ageing nicely ...

https://i.ibb.co/JBcp5bf/Screen-Shot-2019-04-21-at-2-28-51-PM.png (https://ibb.co/2nFMgLD)

#Ready

Mantis
We started to get our shit together toward the end of the second. A few changes like JJ taking over Daniels' position have helped.

We aren't out of this yet, but we will probably regret some of those pissweak efforts in the first quarter and a half.

I remember Bevo saying that a coach has four sprays in him before it gets stale and the players stop listening. I hope that he used one today because he's going to run out of time to use them.

Why spray them? He picked the ****ing team!

Bumper Bulldogs
Libba, McClean and Dunks sounds right. But what do we do with the forward 50.

I like Wallis down in the 50. He has a crack and if he gets a shot will kick it. Hayes also good down in the arc. They just need to clear it out and let Naughton run at the ball. It’s just too crowded

Twodogs

Pressure. The same way other teams do.

The Bulldogs Bite
Yep, poor kicking is costing us.

I just keep scratching my head as to why we are always being beaten in the ruck or continually watching opposition players take marks and influence aerial contests in our defencive fifty. It's just a mystery, but definitely doesn't have anything to do with personnel or anything like that.

Team selection before and during the game is consistently baffling.

Young was lining up on McKay for 5 minutes in that second qtr. Awesome move.

How much more rope do we give Bevo?

Hotdog60
21-04-2019, 03:32 PM
You guys at the ground have it easy.
I have to put up with Dwyane Russell.....

G-Mo77
21-04-2019, 03:33 PM
I love how we refuse to make changes. Naughton hasnt touched it while mcKay is destroying us.

I’m sick of watching Wood offer nothing too.

We backed ourselves into a corner with our team selection. We gave ourselves no chance for plan B if it wasn't working and now we forced to watch Naughton wasted at forward and see Cordy get annihilated. We lost this game when the team was selected, it was bloody awful!!

jeemak
21-04-2019, 03:33 PM
You guys at the ground have it easy.
I have to put up with Dwyane Russell.....

Hahaha, likewise and it's the pits!

ledge
21-04-2019, 03:34 PM
Yep let’s drop talls and replace with medium because Carlton are going in all tall and will out mark us all over the ground.
Bevo better pull a rabbit out of the Easter hat in a hurry.

Rocket Science
Hahaha, likewise and it's the pits!

Oh baby!

jeemak
Team selection before and during the game is consistently baffling.

Young was lining up on McKay for 5 minutes in that second qtr. Awesome move.

How much more rope do we give Bevo?

He's certainly got enough to do some handy knot tying already...…..I reckon a bit more so there's no false alarms.

GVGjr
21-04-2019, 03:35 PM
4 goals to half time is apoor but accurate reflection at the moment
It goes without saying that we need to pick up from here

DOG GOD
What I’d do to see naughton down back and Trengove breaking some heads up fwd.

Even when they don’t out mark us in our 50, when it comes to ground, their backline just sweep it away, while our slow brigade can’t hold it in.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
We are such a frustrating team to watch. Just always seem to find away to give any opponent a sniff.

DOG GOD
21-04-2019, 03:36 PM
Is libba actually playing mid or half fwd ?

ledge
21-04-2019, 03:39 PM
Why is it we pick up tall forwards because we need one then make them play ruck ?

Bumper Bulldogs
21-04-2019, 03:40 PM
He has spent a large amount of time forward. Plenty left in him for a huge second half.

All part of Bevo’s game plan

Ghost Dog
21-04-2019, 03:42 PM
I do not feel like being beaten by Carlton today. Kick straight!

jeemak
21-04-2019, 03:43 PM
When designing the concept how did Billy Gowers make it past the whiteboard stage?

Mantis
How can a full time forward not even ****ing score from there?

ledge
Pathetic

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
21-04-2019, 03:44 PM
I may not be able to survive watching this garbage. Soul destroying

Rocket Science
Let the annals of time record this game as the 'Easter Massacre'.

Entirely self inflicted.

Bumper Bulldogs
We just need to come out and Run. They will tire and we should run over the top of them.

Clearly kicking straight would also help

bulldogtragic
21-04-2019, 03:45 PM
Well. Not much left to say now.

Ghost Dog
21-04-2019, 03:46 PM
Unacceptable on the big stage. Make it right Dogs. I long for the days when you could drag a player to the bench!

bulldogtragic
21-04-2019, 03:47 PM
Draft notes: Can mark, can't kick straight unless a 50m penalty or Joe the goose.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
This is the game where our season falls completely apart.

Mantis
Another miss.. another easy transition.. another under-sized defender.

Loving it!

bulldogtragic
This feels like a 60+ point flogging by the 18th team right now.

ledge
21-04-2019, 03:48 PM
Absolute garbage , can’t see me going to anymore games with what we are serving up.
Something needs to happen within.

Ghost Dog
21-04-2019, 03:49 PM
I hate floggings and no way should we be getting one. This is stupid.

Rocket Science
21-04-2019, 03:50 PM
If our application level was as consistent as our wasteful midfield use, outsized backline and comedic goal kicking we might have half a chance.

If the other mob could kick straighter we'd be in the hole to the tune of another 3 goals too.

1eyedog
21-04-2019, 03:51 PM
Saw this coming a mile off

Rocket Science
21-04-2019, 03:53 PM
HOW MANY TIMES have we ballsed up that critical forward entry kick today?

Mantis
21-04-2019, 04:01 PM
Not amazing kicks into F50, but a couple of decent marks and good finishes.. need the next one!

bulldogtragic
21-04-2019, 04:04 PM
JJ must have at least 400 metres gained, just not to a team mates advantage.

Mantis
21-04-2019, 04:04 PM
Dumb Tory.. just dumb!

bulldogtragic
21-04-2019, 04:05 PM
Caleb, for **** sake.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
21-04-2019, 04:07 PM
8 goals from turnovers. Its become the defining stat these days, and with our poor skills we are always on the bad end of that differential.
Until we fundamentally address this we will be a poor side.

Rocket Science
21-04-2019, 04:09 PM
Good of Crozier to wait until there were no seconds left to effect a crumb should he not quite make the journey.

GVGjr
21-04-2019, 04:09 PM
A lot of good work has again been undone by poor skills and decisions.
Not without a chance but we need just about everything to go our way.
It all starts with gettjng the first goal for us early

comrade
21-04-2019, 04:10 PM
JJ just standing there with no awareness of P-S was garbage. If he attscks the ball, he has a clear run through the middle.

jeemak
Dumb Tory.. just dumb!

Yep, that was decisive. He just ploughed into him for no good reason.

Caleb should have kicked it to Young who could have then released JJ, but he went for the much harder option to be clever.

DOG GOD
I think I’d rather see Lin Jong play ahead of Gowers, at least he’s not a one trick pony.

DOG GOD
21-04-2019, 04:11 PM
Yep, that was decisive. He just ploughed into him for no good reason.

Caleb should have kicked it to Young who could have then released JJ, but he went for the much harder option to be clever.

Or he could’ve turned and hanballed to bont who was on his left foot.

DOG GOD
21-04-2019, 04:12 PM
A lot of good work has again been undone by poor skills and decisions.
Not without a chance but we need just about everything to go our way.
It all starts with gettjng the first goal for us early

Start by sending P-S and Cripps for an early shower.

The Bulldogs Bite
21-04-2019, 04:13 PM
Why don’t we try Dunkley on Cripps ala his role late last year?

Why don’t we actually try anything different?

The kicking, well, let’s not go there.

I think I’m done with Bevo and his coaching team. This is ridiculous, htf do we pick Young ahead of everyone else? It’s mind numbing how he justifies these pathetic decisions and he needs to be held accountable.

Grantysghost
21-04-2019, 04:14 PM
Haven't read the thread, at the game and it's clear we just screwed this at selection. Their talls are the difference. We thought we could crumb with a midget defence and run it out but our mids haven't been able to apply the requisite pressure to stop clean entry.
Caleb is clearly our best, shame he may have made the his one error at a crucial stage. Still a remote chance.....

PS conceeding the ruck with a mid is t he most demoralising thing I've seen a team do.

Rocket Science
21-04-2019, 04:17 PM
Lollipops to Lloyd in a three-on-one.

Sure, why not.

bulldogtragic
21-04-2019, 04:18 PM
So Bevo's address at 3/4 time was, don't look running forward and just bomb it long on the head of a small outnumbered three to one?

Rocket Science
21-04-2019, 04:19 PM
So Bevo's address at 3/4 time was, don't look running forward and just bomb it long on the head of a small outnumbered three to one?

And spray your set shots!

Mantis
21-04-2019, 04:21 PM
**** that.. Toby, have spell mate.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Goodnight season 2019.

comrade
McLean, ffs.

jeemak
6.14 and Casboult is kicking them from deep in the pocket 45 out.

I'm finding it really hard to see positives where this group and coaching team is going. This is just too bad for it to be ignored.

Mantis
21-04-2019, 04:22 PM
This is just laughable.

ledge
21-04-2019, 04:23 PM
We are the worst side in the league, let me in the rooms after the game I will give this coaching staff the biggest spray since Wallace. Sack most of them and shove a rocket up the players arse!

Rocket Science
21-04-2019, 04:23 PM
Mckay's 9th mark for the arvo.

If only someone could've seen this coming.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
21-04-2019, 04:24 PM
I'm done. Not watching this anymore.
This club better seriously re-examine what it is doing.

bulldogtragic
21-04-2019, 04:24 PM
I guess it's just how embarrassed the players, coaches & MC should be (but won't be).

Rocket Science
21-04-2019, 04:25 PM
Hunter set shot.

Get ready to duck if you're sitting on the wing.

Mantis
21-04-2019, 04:25 PM
You can have a spell too Lachie.

Mantis
21-04-2019, 04:27 PM
Bevo has taken us from a premiership team to a laughingstock... if anyone in the media gave a **** about our irrelevant club they’d turn up the heat, but does any one care?

Rocket Science
21-04-2019, 04:27 PM
There really are no words left to describe how utterly f*cking diabolical our forward fifty entries are.

It's a masterclass in how not to do it.

comrade
21-04-2019, 04:28 PM
The pre-season pessimism around here was justified, but was probably a little too positive given our last 3 weeks. A win against a lacklustre Swans and Hawks has masked what is a very poor team and coaching group.

DOG GOD
21-04-2019, 04:28 PM
We can start by sacking the fwd coach...who is it again ?

comrade
21-04-2019, 04:29 PM
Rewarding someone like Hunter with a B&F just shows the sort of bizzaro world our coaches live in.

Rocket Science
21-04-2019, 04:29 PM
I hope there's a dumptruck full of chook poo in the vicinity of the WO about now who's happy to accept an Airtasker request.

1eyedog
21-04-2019, 04:34 PM
Peter Rhodesque

Mantis
21-04-2019, 04:35 PM
Rewarding someone like Hunter with a B&F just shows the sort of bizzaro world our coaches live in.

And a 5yr contract.. FMD!

Mantis
21-04-2019, 04:36 PM
Bont in the ruck now... loving it!

Rocket Science
21-04-2019, 04:37 PM
The Blues haven't scored 100 points for three odd seasons.

Until now ...

kruder
21-04-2019, 04:38 PM
Let the Choclate melt... Bevo this one is on you

Remi Moses
21-04-2019, 04:42 PM
Someone explain why there was no change to the coaching set up ?
Mates looking out for one another

Rocket Science
21-04-2019, 04:45 PM
Red time goal conceded.

Drink!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Sick to my stomach.

DOG GOD
Someone explain why there was no change to the coaching set up ?
Mates looking out for one another

Coz they were given 10 year contracts ? ��

Mantis
21-04-2019, 04:46 PM
Embarrassing, demoralising, pathetic.

Dark day for our club!

Bevo and his mates need the heat turned up because it falls at their feet... ****ing shitful!

Vred
That’s it for me.
ive now checked out for the season, stopped following all their socials.

see you all in 2020

Remi Moses
Totally embarrassing

Bumper Bulldogs
21-04-2019, 04:50 PM
How do we get beaten by 7 goals by the side winless for years?

Bevo I’m losing he faith

DOG GOD
Scores from turnovers
Them - 10.3
Us - 3.9

Rocket Science
I wonder there'll be any direct questions about questionable selection decisions during the post-game presser?

I wonder if Bevo will get indignant about it if pressed.

DOG GOD
And to think I’m flying over from tassie to see the game against North....Christ

DOG GOD
21-04-2019, 04:52 PM
Based on today, Carlton could indeed be ahead of us on the ladder by the by round.

Flamethrower
21-04-2019, 04:52 PM
Foxtel IQ. Western Bulldogs v Carlton. Recording FAILED.

Art imitating life.

Time to start following the U18s to see who we might pick at number 1 in the draft.

bornadog
21-04-2019, 04:53 PM
Worse loss under Bevo

G-Mo77
21-04-2019, 04:56 PM
This is how I saw out season before it started. I didn't think we'd win many and based in that and out dimwitted selection panel we won't win many more. Dark day indeed

Bumper Bulldogs
21-04-2019, 04:57 PM
Really. I hat would we give for someone like a Jordan Roughhead today. Oh that’s right nothing As we really don’t need club people that can pay back.

Bevo you have total stuffed a club that was at the peak only three years ago. I’m truly guttered at this point.

bornadog
21-04-2019, 04:58 PM
We lost this game in the mid field

Bumper Bulldogs
21-04-2019, 04:58 PM
I don’t believe you.

Pickenitup
21-04-2019, 05:00 PM
This is a dark day for our football club team selections absolutely baffling a season that started so promising is going down the drain

Bumper Bulldogs
21-04-2019, 05:00 PM

Don’t you mean in the coaches box. Failure to make any change is the same as doing everything the same all the time. How change it change.

G-Mo77
21-04-2019, 05:03 PM

Thursday night 6.25pm this game was shaky. Cordy a KPD, c,Mon? They marked nearly everything that went in there and we scrubbed around for 4 quarters struggling to score......like we always do.

GVGjr
21-04-2019, 05:03 PM
Well that was a good old fashioned arse kicking wasn't it.

DOG GOD
21-04-2019, 05:08 PM
It was the worst selected team I’ve seen since Rhode days.
That’s why I picked Carlton.
I just didn’t think they would kill us around the ground as well as in the air.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
21-04-2019, 05:10 PM
Well that was a good old fashioned arse kicking wasn't it.

The challenge now is how the club address this. If this isn't a clear indication that our issues are many, and that by and large we have not addressed them. They are still the same as they were when Bevo took over. We labour when going forward, we commit far too many turnovers, and tactically there is something awry when we always seem to struggle, we rarely get clear cut wins. Even against poor opposition we often have to work excruciatingly hard to get 4 points...

angelopetraglia
21-04-2019, 05:13 PM
Absolutely smashed in the clearances. They always had an extra when under pressure too. Yet we still won the inside 50s. We were way to easy to score against today. So many issues. Absolutely gutted. Gutted.

Hayes and Young both coughed up cheap turnover goals (they had lots of friends too). Just don’t understand going even younger against a team like Carlton. Makes no sense.

DOG GOD
21-04-2019, 05:13 PM
Let me be blantantly honest. The premiership was an absolute fluke, as we were the 7th best team after the H & A. We have just gone downhill since.

We got rid of the party boys over a 2 year period, blaming their attitude for our decline. Sorry, there is something more sinister here, and I feel it starts with the coach. Prove me wrong.

bornadog
21-04-2019, 05:16 PM
Thursday night 6.25pm this game was shaky. Cordy a KPD, c,Mon? They marked nearly everything that went in there and we scrubbed around for 4 quarters struggling to score......like we always do.

I have argued Cordy is not a KPP, but shot down by a few on this forum.

We were beaten in the clearances, stoppages and our mids just struggled to make an impact Williams DID NOT DESERVE HIS SPOT, so not sure how he was picked as VFL form ordinary.

Mckay is one of the best marks in the AFL, and we didn't stop the supply. At least English beat Kruezer.

bornadog
21-04-2019, 05:17 PM
Don’t you mean in the coaches box. Failure to make any change is the same as doing everything the same all the time. How change it change.

If you don't get your hands on the ball, you can't win.

bornadog
21-04-2019, 05:18 PM
Let me be blantantly honest. The premiership was an absolute fluke, as we were the 7th best team after the H & A. We have just gone downhill since.

We got rid of the party boys over a 2 year period, blaming their attitude for our decline. Sorry, there is something more sinister here, and I feel it starts with the coach. Prove me wrong.

It's bad enough listening to other supporters say a premiership is a fluke, but really honestly - FMD

DOG GOD
21-04-2019, 05:22 PM
It's bad enough listening to other supporters say a premiership is a fluke, but really honestly - FMD

Why Bornadog ? We played a great month of football when it counted. We were the 7th best team up til that point. And we have gone backwards since. At no stage did the club put the sword to Bevo and the coaching panel since that day. The blame got put on players attitudes etc etc, and I knew there was more to it than that.

That’s why most teams up til that point only won the premiership from the top 4.

It’s my honest opinion, and I’ll stand by it.

The Pie Man
21-04-2019, 05:22 PM

I don’t share the ‘it was a fluke’ view, but not for the first time am left wondering how the hell did we pull it off?

We’ve been largely diabolical ever since.

Grantysghost
21-04-2019, 05:24 PM

It's a good call. Nobody says Essendons 93 was a fluke I'm so over people saying that.

Grantysghost
21-04-2019, 05:27 PM
Im of the opinion Dunkley is being ruined with this pinch hitting ruck rubbish. How do you get confidence when you are put in a position to lose on purpose ! Beggars belief. The irony of Fletcher Roberts and Lewis Young fresh and happy up in the player sponsors room before the game was not lost on me. Did Fletcher run over Bevos dog ?

AshMac
21-04-2019, 05:28 PM

Yeh I’m with you. I can’t stand the premiership being called a fluke. It was against the odds, and it took form unheard of, but it is impossible to “fluke” four games in a row.

David Bradbury is the definition of a fluke. We played the greatest finals campaign of all time.

DOG GOD
21-04-2019, 05:30 PM
It’s a fluke based on what we’ve delivered since. That’s my point.

Opinions are like arseholes

AndrewP6
21-04-2019, 05:31 PM
I've defended that talk for 3 years, but after the last 2 weeks of pathetic efforts, I'm having trouble.

Twodogs

While I don't agree that the premiership was a fluke I do agree that we should have done a lot more to try and turn the attitude of Stringer in particular around. He is a once in a generation player and we couldn't wait to show him the door. Players like Stringer are high maintenance. It comes with the territory, you can either have players like Stringer who require a lot of work but win you games or you can have a bunch of good boys who cause little trouble but turn in shitful performances that never win you games at all.

We might laugh behind our hands at Essendon always winning the trade period but which of our two clubs is closer to winning a premiership right here and now? I'll give you a clue, it isn't us.

bornadog
It's a good call. Nobody says Essendons 93 was a fluke I'm so over people saying that.

It's a joke, really to say something like that. No one flukes a premiership. 7th we were just two games off top, lost one game by more than 4 goals for the whole season. Had a bloody good year including the home and away season.

We are all disappointed with today, it was a shambles and embarrassment and we are all hurting. We need to stick by and keep supporting the club.

JUst on supporting, our attendance for this game was WEAK as PISS.

bornadog
21-04-2019, 05:33 PM
While I don't agree that the premiership was a fluke I do agree that we should have done a lot more to try and turn the attitude of Stringer in particular around. He is a once in a generation player and we couldn't wait to show him the door. Players like Stringer are high maintenance. It comes with the territory, you can either have players like Stringer who require a lot of work but win you games or you can have a bunch of good boys who cause little trouble but turn in shitful performances that never win you games at all.

We might laugh behind our hands at Essendon always winning the trade period but which of our two clubs is closer to winning a premiership right here and now? I'll give you a clue, it isn't us.

Stringer is an ordinary player and has not captured what he did 2015 and prior. Glad he is gone, with his attitude.

The Bulldogs Bite
21-04-2019, 05:37 PM
Stringer is an ordinary player and has not captured what he did 2015 and prior. Glad he is gone, with his attitude.

He’s actually been very good this year.

How is it that all the players we let go are playing well - Stringer, Dahlhaus, Roughead and Hamling yet who did we replace them with? Gowers? Lloyd?

Our list management is pathetic. You might want to cover for Bevo and the coaching group but the heat should be burning hot because this isn’t a sample size of 5 games it’s a sample size of close to 50 games since 2016.

Grantysghost
21-04-2019, 05:41 PM
It’s a fluke based on what we’ve delivered since. That’s my point.

Opinions are like arseholes

Some smell more than others.

Grantysghost
21-04-2019, 05:43 PM
It's a joke, really to say something like that. No one flukes a premiership. 7th we were just two games off top, lost one game by more than 4 goals for the whole season. Had a bloody good year including the home and away season.

We are all disappointed with today, it was a shambles and embarrassment and we are all hurting. We need to stick by and keep supporting the club.

JUst on supporting, our attendance for this game was WEAK as PISS.

We are generally a quietish bunch but today the Blues fans were in good voice from the outset and seemed to have way more support than us.

DOG GOD
21-04-2019, 05:43 PM
Some smell more than others.

Fair enough, I’ll use some baby powder next time I post.