PDA

View Full Version : What I want to see Saturday night

Eastdog
24-04-2019, 10:21 PM
Like most will be watching from my couch at home.

What I want to see

- more accurate goalkicking
- The 1 percenters
- Less turnovers
- that Bulldog pressure
- our mids getting good use from the clearances
- strong team defence
- us playing for the jumper
- some of the Bulldog spirit back

Hoping for the win hoping

The Adelaide Connection
25-04-2019, 02:51 AM
I would add:
-Improved forward structure
-Better ball movement inside 50 (hitting leads, bringing the ball to ground and having players front and square in pack situations).
-Trengove in (a second ruckman)
-Naughton being used strategically to swing between forward and back where needed.

chef
25-04-2019, 07:47 AM
I just want to see players played in their best positions and we gave a proper crack.

Win or lose i dont really care(i dont expect to win) as long as we have a go.

GVGjr
25-04-2019, 08:32 AM
I'm looking forward to the game and I expect us to put in a vastly better performance.
We have a lot of players who can lift and I think we could surprise a few with our effort

Remi Moses
25-04-2019, 10:17 AM
My god I hope we don’t dish up the dross from last Sunday
Come on lads

The Adelaide Connection
25-04-2019, 10:17 AM
I'm looking forward to the game and I expect us to put in a vastly better performance.
We have a lot of players who can lift and I think we could surprise a few with our effort

It’s hard to get a read on a lot of teams so far this year and results have been all over the place. Hopefully this will be another footy tip killer and we head into a still vulnerable Richmond at 3-3.

bornadog
25-04-2019, 10:42 AM
It’s hard to get a read on a lot of teams so far this year and results have been all over the place. Hopefully this will be another footy tip killer and we head into a still vulnerable Richmond at 3-3.

Richmond are 4-2

The Adelaide Connection
25-04-2019, 11:39 AM
Richmond are 4-2

Perhaps I worded that badly, I meant if we are able to pull an upset against Fremantle we will be 3-3 when we play Richmond.

Rocket Science
25-04-2019, 11:49 AM
Us manage more than six goals.

Bulldog4life
25-04-2019, 11:51 AM
I want us to beat Freo. I don't care how or by how much. I don't want a "we played well but"...I just want us to win.

hujsh
25-04-2019, 01:58 PM
I have no patience left for this team. Win or fail. I couldn't care less about your effort or getting close or good signs

boydogs
25-04-2019, 02:22 PM
Lots of goals!

Jeanette54
25-04-2019, 02:39 PM
All I would like to see is us to bring the manic pressure that we displayed in 2016. That had nothing to do with ability, just an unflagging desire to get the job done.

If we can do this, our skills are less relevant; lack of time brings the opposition back to a lower skill level, which our pressure can take advantage of.

Rocket Science
25-04-2019, 02:41 PM
Travelling West induces an instinctive dagger in the guts feeling so thought I'd browse the record to see why ...

Under Bevo:

54 point LOSS to WCE
54 point LOSS to FRE
16 point LOSS to FRE
8 point LOSS to WCE
47 point WIN over WCE (elimination final)
20 point LOSS to FRE

Going back further ...

77 point LOSS to WCE
65 point LOSS to WCE
70 point LOSS to WCE
38 point LOSS to FRE
7 point LOSS to FRE
123 point LOSS to WCE

We REALLY don't like the trip. Like, really.

bulldogtragic
25-04-2019, 02:50 PM
What do I want for Saturday Night? Foxtel to introduce 'Press Red For Rocket' commentary.

mjp
25-04-2019, 03:28 PM
Travelling West induces an instinctive dagger in the guts feeling so thought I'd browse the record to see why ...

Under Bevo:

54 point LOSS to WCE
54 point LOSS to FRE
16 point LOSS to FRE
8 point LOSS to WCE
20 point LOSS to FRE

Going back further ...

77 point LOSS to WCE
65 point LOSS to WCE
70 point LOSS to WCE
38 point LOSS to FRE
7 point LOSS to FRE
123 point LOSS to WCE

Try living here and ‘looking forward’ to watching the boys play.

Several of those games were abject tank jobs as well.

The Adelaide Connection
25-04-2019, 03:38 PM

Under Bevo:

54 point LOSS to WCE
54 point LOSS to FRE
16 point LOSS to FRE
8 point LOSS to WCE
20 point LOSS to FRE

Going back further ...

77 point LOSS to WCE
65 point LOSS to WCE
70 point LOSS to WCE
38 point LOSS to FRE
7 point LOSS to FRE
123 point LOSS to WCE

I suspect a lot of clubs records read like this. You have to win everywhere and all of that, but getting two games in WA and one in Geelong each year is pretty disadvantageous. The big Collingwood’s of the world usually only have to go to Perth once and never have to head to Geelong.

Rocket Science
25-04-2019, 04:36 PM
Yeah, it's a tough trip for anyone but the majority of those losses are comprehensive pantsings.

Apart from that excellent hit and run job we did on the Eagles we haven't won there for almost a bloody decade.

hujsh
25-04-2019, 04:54 PM
Looking at that I guess I hope the game is over early so I don't have to watch us struggle but just barely stay within 6 goals and then get smashed in the last quarter. Basically I don't want to waste too much time if we're going to get smashed

The Adelaide Connection
25-04-2019, 05:53 PM
Yeah, it's a tough trip for anyone but the majority of those losses are comprehensive pantsings.

Apart from that excellent hit and run job we did on the Eagles we haven't won there for almost a bloody decade.

I guess if we are looking for some good news, it’s that we don’t have to play at Subi anymore. That ground, with it’s unique dimensions, was a pretty significant home ground advantage. At least the new ground has dimensions almost identical to Marvel (5m longer and 1.5m wider).

Bulldog4life
25-04-2019, 06:21 PM
Looking at that I guess I hope the game is over early so I don't have to watch us struggle but just barely stay within 6 goals and then get smashed in the last quarter. Basically I don't want to waste too much time if we're going to get smashed

Got a date?

hujsh
25-04-2019, 06:57 PM
Got a date?

No I'll still sit and watch it for as long as we're in the game... which is...ugh

G-Mo77
25-04-2019, 07:37 PM
I'm not going to put myself through it. Avengers is calling me and I'd rather watch that.

chef
25-04-2019, 07:39 PM
I'm not going to put myself through it. Avengers is calling me and I'd rather watch that.

Its very good.

Eastdog
25-04-2019, 08:57 PM
I would add:
-Improved forward structure
-Better ball movement inside 50 (hitting leads, bringing the ball to ground and having players front and square in pack situations).
-Trengove in (a second ruckman)
-Naughton being used strategically to swing between forward and back where needed.

For sure. Need to see that back.

azabob
25-04-2019, 09:30 PM
What I want to see? Is no more of these type of damn threads. There has been too many over the last three seasons.

Eastdog
25-04-2019, 09:54 PM
What I want to see? Is no more of these type of damn threads. There has been too many over the last three seasons.

Once we start playing good football again we won’t need these type of threads.

MrMahatma
25-04-2019, 10:14 PM
Supporting the dogs is like having a girlfriend who constantly cheats on you but you’re so into her you keep welcoming her back with open arms....

I know we’ll get flogged. I know we’ll be so disappointing. But I bloody can’t wait to watch the match.

Mantis
25-04-2019, 10:31 PM
I'd like us to kick a minimum of 12 goals.

I'd like us to kick more goals than points... I'd like Marcus to kick more goals than points.

I'll be arriving o/s about 4 hours before game time.. still debating if I search out a venue to possibly watch... for my sanity & so that I start the holiday in a decent mood I might skip this one.

Axe Man
26-04-2019, 01:46 PM
We've played at Perth/Optus/Whatever it's called Stadium twice and lost by 54 points each time. Scored 54 and 46 points for.

An increase in points for and a decrease in the margin tomorrow would be a good start.

Anyone want to take a guess at how many games it will be before we win at this god forsaken ground?

The Adelaide Connection
26-04-2019, 02:06 PM
We've played at Perth/Optus/Whatever it's called Stadium twice and lost by 54 points each time. Scored 54 and 46 points for.

An increase in points for and a decrease in the margin tomorrow would be a good start.

Anyone want to take a guess at how many games it will be before we win at this god forsaken ground?

I wouldn’t be suprised if we go at less than 10% at that venue and don’t win one for years.

We should do better at this ground than Subi (with it’s long, skinny dimensions) given that it is almost identical to Marvel.

One big problem is that part of the recipe for doing well seems to be do silence the crowd early (see Port last weekend) and we are horrible starters that like to give teams head starts.

Axe Man
26-04-2019, 02:17 PM
I wouldn’t be suprised if we go at less than 10% at that venue and don’t win one for years.

We should do better at this ground than Subi (with it’s long, skinny dimensions) given that it is almost identical to Marvel.

One big problem is that part of the recipe for doing well seems to be do silence the crowd early (see Port last weekend) and we are horrible starters that like to give teams head starts.

Good point. Another thing I would like to see is us kick the first goal for the first time this season.

Rocket Science
26-04-2019, 02:43 PM
Can we not get jumped in the first quarter pretty please? Maybe switch on from the opening bounce?

I know I'm being greedy.

Mofra
26-04-2019, 03:07 PM

Our next elimination final :cool:

Twodogs
26-04-2019, 07:25 PM
I just want to see us kick the first goal or at least be switched on when the umpire bounces the ball.

DOG GOD
26-04-2019, 10:49 PM
I just want to see us kick a goal in the first 10 mins of each qtr.

josie
26-04-2019, 11:55 PM
I just want a win-that’s all I ask! (calling up my inner Alan Patridge)

Ghost Dog
27-04-2019, 02:10 PM
I want to see common sense selections.

bornadog
27-04-2019, 02:33 PM
I want to see common sense selections.

Bit late :D:D

ratsmac
27-04-2019, 07:20 PM
I want to see a good disciplined team effort. Players running putting pressure and running on the spread.

Hopefully there is a sound game plan in place and the coaches coach well. Not letting the game slip away with stubborn positional moves.

Our midfield is a quality midfield that can beat Freo's imo. We just need to put enough pressure that Freo don't get to much clean ball to their forwards putting our defense under the pump. If they get on top in the middle their forwards will be hard to stop.

Us going forward is anyone's guess how it will pan out. We just have to kick straight and take our chances if we are any chance of winning obviously.