PDA

View Full Version : Three things I have learned R7 V Richmond

Twodogs
02-05-2019, 09:18 PM
Tell us three things that you know now that you didn't know before the game today.

GVGjr
04-05-2019, 10:17 PM
Bump

bulldogtragic
04-05-2019, 10:50 PM
1. We can play average footy and exhilarating footy all within an hour.
2. Signing up Naughton before he registered a new club record of 9 contested marks was great by Sam Power.
3. Young looks raw, but looks like something to work with.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
04-05-2019, 10:54 PM
1. We can play average footy and exhilarating footy all within an hour.
2. Signing up Naughton before he registered a new club record of 9 contested marks was great by Sam Power.
3. Young looks raw, but looks like something to work with.

He made some costly errors, but what pricked my ears up was how it made ZERO difference to his demeanour. He never stopped taking the initiative. He's raw-as you would expect from a rookie. There is some unmoulded clay to work with there.

comrade
04-05-2019, 10:58 PM
1. If you play Dunkley as a mid, he can play like that.
2. One of Dickson, Lloyd or Gowers needs to make way. Probably Dickson.
3. Bont better look over his shoulder. There’s a new stud in town.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
04-05-2019, 11:11 PM
1. So did Bevo purchase a Delorian with a flux capacitor post match committee selection? We dominated every line.
2. Those selection naysayers on WOOF.. (of whom I am one, despite not posting my anger-I'll own it) stuff that up your jumper! What a bloody masterstroke by that group. I reckon they really put in on them.. and I'm guessing it was not in a melt your face spray.. but an inspiring, 'we're behind you, we know what you can do, and we're not going to pull the trigger now. You can, nay, will pull yourselve's out of this. We won't deny you that chance. Show us, show the supporters.'
3. Everyone is going to splorge over Naughton..but bloody hell Macrae just put on his big boy pants tonight. No, stuff that.. Libba did.. hang on, so did Dunks... hang on.. what about Baz? OK. Our midfield just refused to yield.... AND THAT WAS PIVOTAL TO LYNCH GETTING NOTHING.

GVGjr
04-05-2019, 11:48 PM
1) it's been a ling while since we've played like that and all those weak arse excuses of age of the playing list snd inexperince etc aren't geniune reasons
2) Naughton is better than I thought, a lot better
3) Even Daniel is capable of making a heap of mistakes

angelopetraglia
04-05-2019, 11:54 PM
1. Naughton is a freak (9 contested marks. The all time AFL record is 10 - Wayne Carey.). Every time he went near it you just knew he was going to grab it. So good to watch.

2. Dunkley is an inside mid. 35 touches and was just brilliant tonight. 8 tackles 15 contested possessions. Play him there.

3. Easton Wood was so much better tonight. Best game of the season. It's what he can do when he doesn't have to play as a key defensive forward.

MrMahatma
05-05-2019, 12:06 AM
1. Naughton will be the best key fwd I’ve seen in R W & B
2. Gowers has more weaknesses than strengths
3. Bailey Smith is proving you can get a bit better every single match. If he keeps this up we’ll all be fawning over him Naughton style next season.

AndrewP6
05-05-2019, 12:09 AM
A week is a long time in football.
Confidence is key.
Feeling crook with a cold is a lot easier to deal with when your footy team plays a terrific game.

AshMac
05-05-2019, 12:15 AM
1. Our handball game was slick tonight, the best I have seen it in two years
2. It is amazing how clean and effective we look when we are taking marks and kicking our set shots
3. Richmond have no depth

Daughter of the West
05-05-2019, 08:14 AM
1. We can kick more goals than points
2. We can belt teams, not just fall over the line
3. Throwing a tantrum, turning off the TV and going to bed after three easy misses in the first quarter was somewhat unwarranted! I can't say that's the result I expected when I checked at 1am (pup #2 feeding time).

merantau
05-05-2019, 08:28 AM
1. Caleb Daniel is the Generallisimmo.
2. Trengove has a edge to his game that is good for the team 3. We are building a solid unit and the future looks bright.

Mitcha
05-05-2019, 09:21 AM
!. Tim English is coming on rapidly, beat a stronger and competitive opponent in Nankervis in and around the stoppages and is now having a presence around the ground.
2. Lachie Young is better than I thought initially, plays a bit taller and looks to have good competitiveness and leg speed but the best part is his ability to kick the footy well upfield to a specific target getting the ball there low and quick without too much elevation. Just needs to tidy up some decision making.
3. We are a much better side when handball is used as an option to open up the ground rather than just giving off to a stationary team mate under just as much pressure. Where has that overlap offensive running game been all year?
Bonus. Pretty obvious that Trengove should have played a couple of weeks earlier than he did, no world beater but gives us structure and is an aggressive competitive, won't die wondering type.

LostDoggy
05-05-2019, 09:44 AM
Thr3 things I hope Bev learned:

1 - Dunkley is a midfielder. Not a fwd. Not a ruckman.

2 - Jackson Trengove is critical to the backline and to English and Dunkley as A- he either directly gives or allows a ruck a chop out for English; and B - He releases Cordy and Woodto play more natural roles and just be better.

3 - Naughton must stay predominantly fwd. Please dont shuffle him around. Rare talent.

Danjul
05-05-2019, 09:56 AM
1. So did Bevo purchase a Delorian with a flux capacitor post match committee selection? We dominated every line.
2. Those selection naysayers on WOOF.. (of whom I am one, despite not posting my anger-I'll own it) stuff that up your jumper! What a bloody masterstroke by that group. I reckon they really put in on them.. and I'm guessing it was not in a melt your face spray.. but an inspiring, 'we're behind you, we know what you can do, and we're not going to pull the trigger now. You can, nay, will pull yourselve's out of this. We won't deny you that chance. Show us, show the supporters.'
3. Everyone is going to splorge over Naughton..but bloody hell Macrae just put on his big boy pants tonight. No, stuff that.. Libba did.. hang on, so did Dunks... hang on.. what about Baz? OK. Our midfield just refused to yield.... AND THAT WAS PIVOTAL TO LYNCH GETTING NOTHING.

Sorry to burst your euphoria bubble but, didnÂ’t you notice who Richmond had missing?

That said, it was a great win in two ways.

1. It gives the supporters some hope and
2. It shows the selection committee what leads to a win.

Kicking instead of handball works, as naysayers have been saying for years - 240 kicks opens up the game, allows teammates to run into position. Only the second time in 50 games.

Having a big body on a tall opposition forward works. Confirms it should have been done against Carlton as the naysayers said.

Naughton had a magnificent game but why does that follow 2 goalless games and 3 goals in 5 games? The naysayers have been giving the answer in these threads all year. It will be interesting to see if the selectors know which levers to pull to keep the goals flowing.

Enjoy the win and look forward to some more, but keep giving constructive advice. The club still needs naysayers.

Go_Dogs
05-05-2019, 10:07 AM
1. Bailey Smith is now feeling like he belongs. He's going to be sensational.

2. It's perhaps my interpretation but watching the post game interview with Dunks and his response to the "must be happy how you went with more time in the midfield" says to me he was irked like most of us with why he wasn't a mainstay. He must be. Hoping the coaches learned something. What I learned - engagement with your role is importantly linked to your performance on the football field.

3. Lachlan Young kicks the ball hard and fast and flat. I like that. His accuracy and decision making will improve, but he's got the ability to hurt sides with that leg.

Go_Dogs
05-05-2019, 10:12 AM
Sorry to burst your euphoria bubble but, didnÂ’t you notice who Richmond had missing?

Kicking instead of handball works, as naysayers have been saying for years - 240 kicks opens up the game, allows teammates to run into position. Only the second time in 50 games.

Having a big body on a tall opposition forward works. Confirms it should have been done against Carlton as the naysayers said.

Naughton had a magnificent game but why does that follow 2 goalless games and 3 goals in 5 games? The naysayers have been giving the answer in these threads all year. It will be interesting to see if the selectors know which levers to pull to keep the goals flowing.

Enjoy the win and look forward to some more, but keep giving constructive advice. The club still needs naysayers.

As long as you're enjoying the win, I'm ok with that. We need a balance. Most expected us to lose by 10+ goals, as notwithstanding their outs, the Tigers are still one of the better sides getting around. We beat up on them with a great midfield effort and some impressive performances from 1-3 year players.

Remi Moses
05-05-2019, 10:21 AM

Disagree on Naughton . All young key forwards are going to have goalless games ,that’s a given . He’s going to have quiet periods that’s the lot of young players . Don’t mind the Nay sayers as we’re entitled as financial and emotionally invested members . Issue for me is the continual negativity and the fact posters go missing when there’s a positive result

LostDoggy
05-05-2019, 11:17 AM
Disagree on Naughton . All young key forwards are going to have goalless games ,that’s a given . He’s going to have quiet periods that’s the lot of young players . Don’t mind the Nay sayers as we’re entitled as financial and emotionally invested members . Issue for me is the continual negativity and the fact posters go missing when there’s a positive result

People go missing as perhaps they dont need the outlet after a win . Possibly less attractive are some folk who like to gloat and beat their chest after a win or take potshots at others after a win. Some folk are level. Some people just have differing time commitments altering their posting.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
05-05-2019, 11:23 AM

Putting this on the missing Richmond players is garbage.
They were nmissing those guys for most of the year.
Didn't worry them the last few weeks.
The naysayers have not been giving the answer.. they've been giving their presumed answer. They are not the bloody Oracle!

Bulldog4life
05-05-2019, 11:30 AM

A great point Remi

AndrewP6
05-05-2019, 01:24 PM

Because he’s 19. Too many don’t seem to understand that young players are going to have flat games, quiet patches. That’s simply due to age. You can’t possibly expect top flight performance week in, week out from a 19 year old. It is unfair on them, and unrealistic. He was terrific last night and fully deserves the accolades.

The Bulldogs Bite
05-05-2019, 01:27 PM

Name em - I don’t think many go missing.

I’m critical of our club and what we’ve done on and off the field for 3 years but I’ll still give credit when it’s due, such as last night. Funnily enough the things some ‘negative posters’ have been crying out for happened - ie Dunkley playing as a mid, moving the ball with more purpose and look at the results.

I find it irritating that we have posters on here who treat others with disdain because they question the hierarchy. There’s plenty of football knowledge on this forum which should be respected.

Let’s hope last night is a sign of things to come.

hujsh
05-05-2019, 01:58 PM
Thr3 things I hope Bev learned:

1 - Dunkley is a midfielder. Not a fwd. Not a ruckman.

2 - Jackson Trengove is critical to the backline and to English and Dunkley as A- he either directly gives or allows a ruck a chop out for English; and B - He releases Cordy and Woodto play more natural roles and just be better.

3 - Naughton must stay predominantly fwd. Please dont shuffle him around. Rare talent.

In the heart of every footballer there is a ruckman just waiting to be unleashed. There's one in English, one in Dunkley, one in Bont and yes, even one in Caleb Daniel. We are ruckman, we are legion.

EasternWest
05-05-2019, 02:10 PM
In the heart of every footballer there is a ruckman just waiting to be unleashed. There's one in English, one in Dunkley, one in Bont and yes, even one in Caleb Daniel. We are ruckman, we are legion.

Chortle.

KT31
05-05-2019, 02:46 PM
1- Kelvin Templetons spirit lives on, Naughton will be a star.
2- We can be accurate if we put our minds to it.
3 - English will be the best ruckman in the competition in two years time.

bornadog
05-05-2019, 03:10 PM
1. Haven't seen a tall like Naughton, plus English in the same team for a very long time, they are so enjoyable to watch.

2. Gowers either is fantastic or horrible to watch, nothing in between - I don't mind him.

3. Daniel, wow what a season he is having, has made a couple of costly errors but overall he is a little star.

Bulldog4life
05-05-2019, 03:14 PM
1. Young is raw but shows promise. Makes mistakes but does some good things too. A thumping kick.
2. Get Daniel signed up NOW Sam Power.
3. Naughton you are a star and will be a super star.

Danjul
05-05-2019, 05:44 PM
Because heÂ’s 19. Too many donÂ’t seem to understand that young players are going to have flat games, quiet patches. ThatÂ’s simply due to age. You canÂ’t possibly expect top flight performance week in, week out from a 19 year old. It is unfair on them, and unrealistic. He was terrific last night and fully deserves the accolades.

It was not simply due to age.

The opposition coaches paid him respect in the 2 games leading up to the Richmond game. They put the best tall defender on him, knowing he is a star and the only tall potential goal kicker. In the Carlton game Jones (with support) kept Naughton (who had to stand alone) to 2 marks.

Where were RichmondÂ’s best tall defenders. Never got closer than 100 metres because they were in the grandstand.

Once our coaches get over this win their priority must be doing what many forum contributors have pointed out - protect Naughton and give him the support on the ground that he deserves.

Happy Days
05-05-2019, 05:47 PM

The opposition coaches paid him respect in the 2 games leading up to the Richmond game. They put the best tall defender on him, knowing he is a star and the only tall potential goal kicker. In the Carlton game Jones (with support) kept Naughton (who had to stand alone) to 2 marks.

Where were RichmondÂ’s best tall defenders. Never got closer than 100 metres because they were in the grandstand.

Once our coaches get over this win their priority must be doing what many forum contributors have pointed out - protect Naughton and give him the support on the ground that he deserves.

You know it's allowed to be fun sometimes right?

hujsh
05-05-2019, 05:49 PM
Because he’s 19. Too many don’t seem to understand that young players are going to have flat games, quiet patches. That’s simply due to age. You can’t possibly expect top flight performance week in, week out from a 19 year old. It is unfair on them, and unrealistic. He was terrific last night and fully deserves the accolades.

He also doesn't exactly have a ton of experience as a forward and knowledge of how to work though various defensive techniques. He has some insight as a defender and he has his raw skillset but there's still clearly so much for him to learn

AndrewP6
05-05-2019, 06:35 PM

At the risk of sounding like a child - yes it was. The rest of your post does nothing to answer that. Fact is, 19 year old players will go through lean patches. Richmond having players out doesn't take away from what he was able to do. Giving him support won't change the fact he is 19, and young players don't always perform at a consistent level.

GVGjr
05-05-2019, 06:38 PM

While I agree we must look out for Naughton and provide him with support I also think making injury excuses for the opposition to explain a loss is as pointless as it is when we make them to explain why we lost.
Very rarely does the best 22 for each team play against each other.

bornadog
05-05-2019, 06:56 PM
While I agree we must look out for Naughton and provide him with support I also think making injury excuses for the opposition to explain a loss is as pointless as it is when we make them to explain why we lost.

Hardwick said they could have had Jesus Christ on him and they couldn't have stopped his high marking

Danjul
05-05-2019, 06:56 PM

No one is making excuses for Richmond’s loss, I am glad they did and I don’t care what caused it! No one is reducing the Dogs great win in any way

What I did was state a fact that was predicted in this forum, and point out how it gives insight into future strategies that might make great wins more frequent than they have been.

I am sorry if a simple observation that the selectors have not been giving developing players a sensible support structure offends so many.

Danjul
05-05-2019, 07:09 PM
You know it's allowed to be fun sometimes right?

Who says it’s not fun? I certainly enjoyed being there and all the Dogs supporters I know are still on a high.

Who doesn’t want to maximise the fun? Who doesn’t want the fun to continue for the rest of the season?

Stating relevant facts does nothing to reduce the enjoyment and its only downside is it could lead to overdosing on fun. We deserve it.

bulldogtragic
05-05-2019, 07:14 PM
No one is making excuses for Richmond’s loss, I am glad they did and I don’t care what caused it! No one is reducing the Dogs great win in any way

What I did was state a fact that was predicted in this forum, and point out how it gives insight into future strategies that might make great wins more frequent than they have been.

I am sorry if a simple observation that the selectors have not been giving developing players a sensible support structure offends so many.

Compressed down, I think you are asking that every head coach and oppo tactics coach/manager now has to 'second man up' Naughton and/or play a loose man in front of him. So then what is our response to (a) help Naughton deal with this new, foreign, physical attention as he develops and (b) what is tactical response to this, if Naughton is drawing a crowd; is it to add another KPF to spread defences, or making sure our extra is doing something other than clogging up space. Is this the question?

comrade
05-05-2019, 07:20 PM
Compressed down, I think you are asking that every head coach and oppo tactics coach/manager now has to 'second man up' Naughton and/or play a loose man in front of him. So then what is our response to (a) help Naughton deal with this new, foreign, physical attention as he develops and (b) what is tactical response to this, if Naughton is drawing a crowd; is it to add another KPF to spread defences, or making sure our extra is doing something other than clogging up space. Is this the question?

If Naughton is getting double teamed, kick it to Bont.

What do I win?

Twodogs
05-05-2019, 07:39 PM

On the other hand Richmond's performances were vastly overrated in 17/18 because they have barely had an injury and the year they won their flag they got 3 soft kills in a row set up for them on their homeground instead of the pressure of finals.

I can guarantee that you that if a few other clubs got the easy conditions that Richmond were presented with in 2017 that they would have won a few more flags along the way.

And one more prediction while I am at it. Tom Lynch's recruitment will be a disaster for them. He's one of the biggest sooks I have ever seen play the game and if he's sitting back on a million per year and providing soft efforts like that then his teammates are going to (rightfully) start asking questions about why a guy who has achieved nothing is bought in on a higher wage than the majority of a premiership squad...

bulldogtragic
05-05-2019, 08:05 PM
If Naughton is getting double teamed, kick it to Bont.

What do I win?

Maybe that's a reason to give Bonts a bit more time forward. If there's genuine threats along side him, Bonts, fit and in form Boyd & Schache then the spread is good. If the second man is coming off say Dunkley (or resting mid, not a huge threat and Dunkley should be in the guts where he was born to play) or Dickson (who has lost some pace) etc, then Naughton should expect a lot of attention. How exactly we try to work that to our advantage is going to be interesting.

macca
05-05-2019, 08:09 PM
On the other hand Richmond's performances were vastly overrated in 17/18 because they have barely had an injury and the year they won their flag they got 3 soft kills in a row set up for them on their homeground instead of the pressure of finals.

I can guarantee that you that if a few other clubs got the easy conditions that Richmond were presented with in 2017 that they would have won a few more flags along the way.

And one more prediction while I am at it. Tom Lynch's recruitment will be a disaster for them. He's one of the biggest sooks I have ever seen play the game and if he's sitting back on a million per year and providing soft efforts like that then his teammates are going to (rightfully) start asking questions about why a guy who has achieved nothing is bought in on a higher wage than the majority of a premiership squad...

I give it 12 months and could see players going to other clubs if they miss the 8. Richmond has no depth , and it’s been severely exposed without : rance, cotchin, astbury and even grigg . If I was astbury I would be filthy , his more important .
Just see where sydney is now and how many payers they have lost due to salary cap pressures from Franklin ( but his a star)

Castagna and Dan butler are 2 players I would not mind chasing . Very clean and quick small forwards

Bulldog4life
05-05-2019, 10:25 PM
Bevo said we still are letting the ball out of the forward line too easily. I don't know whether another tall would fix that. If they were a good mark maybe yes.

ratsmac
06-05-2019, 12:48 AM
Naughton had 2 quiet weeks as a 19yr old KPF. It happens. Lynch just had a 5 possession no goal game as a 26yr old on a million bucks. It happens.

ratsmac
06-05-2019, 12:56 AM
1. Naughton could actually be a Coleman medalist one day.

2. Crozier a super player. His defensive work is fantastic and then he sets up us going forward.

3. When we take our chances in front of goal we can kick a winning score. I did know this once upon a time but I forgot.

1eyedog
06-05-2019, 01:08 AM
Hardwick said they could have had Jesus Christ on him and they couldn't have stopped his high marking

Say that again.

dog town
06-05-2019, 07:14 AM
Bevo said we still are letting the ball out of the forward line too easily. I don't know whether another tall would fix that. If they were a good mark maybe yes. Yep we can’t afford to play talls who are not clunking it. We desperately need forwards who can apply pressure.

Remi Moses
06-05-2019, 08:43 AM
Been an issue all season
We need a pressure small forward

whythelongface
06-05-2019, 10:11 AM
1. at our best we are right up there. It is just confidence and consistency that we lack. Hopefully this win will lift our spirit and be a catalyst for future performances. The really good thing about this win was that it was not just one quarter of footy where we were able to claw back the lead. We actually dominated the game for long periods.

2. Bevo is still the man. In saying that he does make errors and tries to be too flexible with his structure. I like the fact that he was able to identify this the last two games by having a spine (particularly a defensive spine). If either Schache or Boyd find fitness and form and come into the team we will at least have a spine that consists of Trengove, Cordy, English, Schache/ Boyd and Naughton. Exciting times. There is also the possibility of Lewis Young developing into a top backman.

3. When we take the game on we really are exciting to watch and play at our best. Unfortunately this style does lead to turnovers due to the hectic pace and split decision making necessary to execute. The key to all this is minimising our turnovers or at least negating turnovers when this does happen.

SonofScray
06-05-2019, 11:39 AM
1. My frustration with Bevo is borne of belief in the talent we have.
2. A more traditional looking back six addresses the risk reward proposition that has failed us a fair bit this year.
3. Naughton may well force us to reengineer things a little. He is the weapon, we need to load him up, point and shoot.

comrade
06-05-2019, 06:43 PM
One thing I kind of expected but Saturday night confirmed.

We are better off when Hunter doesn’t get it 30+ times.

ratsmac
06-05-2019, 07:15 PM
One thing I kind of expected but Saturday night confirmed.

We are better off when Hunter doesn’t get it 30+ times.

He's slow play when he eventually passed to Dickson on the lead was frustrating the other night. We had space and players leading and he waited too long and Dickson ends up have a shot from 45m on the boundary. He frustrates me to no end

AshMac
06-05-2019, 07:19 PM
Also thought JJ looked at home in an AFL side for the first time since returning. Did some nice things and put the jets on a couple of times

comrade
06-05-2019, 07:20 PM
He's slow play when he eventually passed to Dickson on the lead was frustrating the other night. We had space and players leading and he waited too long and Dickson ends up have a shot from 45m on the boundary. He frustrates me to no end

I’d prefer Dunkley getting it 30+ times and just smashing it forward as hard as he can, than Hunter trying to dink it around like he has the footskills of Jason Akermanis.

LostDoggy
06-05-2019, 10:39 PM
I learnt
Lachie Young does have the footy smarts (as I suspected).
We can all concentrate at the same time and play 'proper' footy.
Zaine Cordy can pinch hit in the ruck.

Nuggety Back Pocket
06-05-2019, 11:34 PM
1. at our best we are right up there. It is just confidence and consistency that we lack. Hopefully this win will lift our spirit and be a catalyst for future performances. The really good thing about this win was that it was not just one quarter of footy where we were able to claw back the lead. We actually dominated the game for long periods.

2. Bevo is still the man. In saying that he does make errors and tries to be too flexible with his structure. I like the fact that he was able to identify this the last two games by having a spine (particularly a defensive spine). If either Schache or Boyd find fitness and form and come into the team we will at least have a spine that consists of Trengove, Cordy, English, Schache/ Boyd and Naughton. Exciting times. There is also the possibility of Lewis Young developing into a top backman.

3. When we take the game on we really are exciting to watch and play at our best. Unfortunately this style does lead to turnovers due to the hectic pace and split decision making necessary to execute. The key to all this is minimising our turnovers or at least negating turnovers when this does happen.
There was a lot to like about such a fine win highlighted by the brilliance of Naughton and Bontempelli and the continued improvement of English and Smith, which is a great sign for the future. Dunkley clearly played his best game for the year was another plus. Bevo deserves credit for sticking to his guns going in with an unchanged line up. The move of Trengrove to defence was long overdue which should allow Naughton to remain a vital key forward. I reckon that Lewis Young could eventually make it as a key forward and relief ruck man to English. The next two games against Brisbane and Geelong should be a strong indicator as to our final 8 prospects.

lemmon
07-05-2019, 12:22 PM
Been an issue all season
We need a pressure small forward

Rhylee West? 10 tackles on the weekend.

comrade
07-05-2019, 01:17 PM
Rhylee West? 10 tackles on the weekend.

I'm keen.

bulldogtragic
07-05-2019, 03:28 PM
I'm keen.

His did started out as a very good half forward flanker. He does everything else like his dad, so why not.

Mofra
07-05-2019, 03:46 PM
His did started out as a very good half forward flanker. He does everything else like his dad, so why not.
'Rested' forward a bit for Vic metro too. Has some forward nous. Not quite sure he's ready for AFL yet but he's showing really good signs. His disposal by hand is brilliant.

bulldogtragic
07-05-2019, 03:58 PM
'Rested' forward a bit for Vic metro too. Has some forward nous. Not quite sure he's ready for AFL yet but he's showing really good signs. His disposal by hand is brilliant.

Yep. I love the quick hands of the handball club. But the ability (and confidence) to hold it longer and shoot it out to advantage with great vision is a wonderful attribute. I look forward to Smith & West in the years to come flourishing in the midfield under Bonts, Libba, Dunk's, Macrae etc.

josie
07-05-2019, 08:27 PM
With Cavarra out with a hammy strain (feel sorry he has had no luck in injury front) I hope West gets a call up soon. He is tenacious and I think could make it as a small forward - at least at start of his career until there is a midfield spot for him. Looking forward to yelling out “Go Westy!” like I did for his Dad.

3 Things
1) Naughton bought tears to my eyes-he is potentially our KPF mainstay for a decade (hallelujah)
2) Bonti on song is amazing and he showed I think this round he would make a good captain - led from the first bounce to final siren (wish I had put some money before season started on him winning Brownlow)
3) Woody can perhaps get back to being his stunning intercept marking & courageous self if not left to play on monsters-a great captain’s game