PDA

View Full Version : The Moment. Round 7, 2019 vs Richmond

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
04-05-2019, 10:59 PM
Ok the moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage.'

What was it for you against Richmond tonight.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
04-05-2019, 11:04 PM
Every fibre of my being wants me to be cheeky and say it was a combined series of moments... Aaron Naughton's consecutive key clunkers..that would be cheating..
For me the most courageous moment was our beleaguered captain Easton Wood going back with the flight of the ball and taking the mark..
But the decisive moment in the game was Ed Richards. I mean there were so many tonight that foretold the victory.. but this said 'Nope.. ok there is nothing on upfield.. I am stuffed if I am going to bomb it in, I'm just going to play on, with a man set on the mark..and just do it..
That told Richmond early on in the 4th that there would be no heroics. Nope, stick a fork in them they're done.

bulldogtragic
04-05-2019, 11:16 PM
When Lloyd decided to leave them, pick us, cost us a pick we wouldn't use/nothing. Tonight two goals and three goal assists. Probably should've kicked a third. Had a few miss field kicks, but five goals directs/assists has him our best small forward. I think Dickson is slowing and I have no faith in Gowers. So Lloyd telling his manager to go on Trade Radio and say 'he will be at the dogs next year' was a good moment.

MrMahatma
04-05-2019, 11:39 PM
Took until Richards kicked one in the last that I felt we had it.

Would’ve been when Lloyd marked in the third to have a shot 20 out... I went nuts... but he missed. So not sure that counts.

The bulldog tragician
04-05-2019, 11:52 PM
Bont kicking that first goal was my moment. I know we still sprayed shots in that quarter, but you need leaders to kick those goals. And Bont did.

Mofra
04-05-2019, 11:52 PM
Naughton's huge clunk in the second quarter.

Every dogs player seemed to just grow a little bit, like we suddenly had a forwardline to kick to.

Hotdog60
04-05-2019, 11:54 PM
The 'Moment' was set early.
The Bont clearance from the centre and to run down and take a mark in the forward pocket and slot the goal.
I think that set the tone for the night.

Hotdog60
04-05-2019, 11:57 PM
The 'Moment' was set early.
The Bont clearance from the centre and to run down and take a mark in the forward pocket and slot the goal.
I think that set the tone for the night.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1124607505252794369

comrade
05-05-2019, 12:06 AM
The moment I needed a moment was when Naughton clunked it in the goal square and after giving some lip to his opponent, gives Lachie Hunter a little wink and smile.

What a stud.

Happy Days
05-05-2019, 12:24 AM
When Sydney Stack decided to go for his Trademark Hard And Very Tough Shirtfront instead of trying to actually play football and tackle at CHB, letting us waltz down the other end for a goal. Cheers Syd.

comrade
05-05-2019, 12:31 AM
When Sydney Stack decided to go for his Trademark Hard And Very Tough Shirtfront instead of trying to actually play football and tackle at CHB, letting us waltz down the other end for a goal. Cheers Syd.

The new Cyril. Commentators gushed over every involvement.

BornInDroopSt'54
05-05-2019, 12:56 AM
The moment was on the replay. Chris Grant smiling in the coaches box after Naughton delt with his opponents at the top of the goal square.

FrediKanoute
05-05-2019, 01:05 AM
The moment was on the replay. Chris Grant smiling in the coaches box after Naughton delt with his opponents at the top of the goal square.

I loved that. The shot of Naughton giving it to the 2 Richmond guys and then going to the shot of Grant smiling in the box, the baton is finally being passed.

My moment though was Red Ed Richards goaling in the last was the moment it was safe. Too often in the last 4 weeks we would have missed that and left the door open. Not tonight.

chef
05-05-2019, 06:18 AM
I loved that. The shot of Naughton giving it to the 2 Richmond guys and then going to the shot of Grant smiling in the box, the baton is finally being passed.

My moment though was Red Ed Richards goaling in the last was the moment it was safe. Too often in the last 4 weeks we would have missed that and left the door open. Not tonight.

That was my moment and when i started to believe we would win.

SonofScray
05-05-2019, 09:34 AM
Bont kicking that first goal was my moment. I know we still sprayed shots in that quarter, but you need leaders to kick those goals. And Bont did.

Came here to post this.

We were on, out of the gates. Bont affirmed things with his goal from a relatively difficult shot. He/We drew confidence from that. We were still wasteful in patches, but at least the scoreboard kept ticking over.

Go_Dogs
05-05-2019, 10:20 AM
The moment I needed a moment was when Naughton clunked it in the goal square and after giving some lip to his opponent, gives Lachie Hunter a little wink and smile.

What a stud.

That wink was brilliant. That's the stuff champions do, have a bit of swagger.

I'm going to try and find time to treat myself to the replay today and will post my moment afterwards. There's a few contenders this week!

Twodogs
05-05-2019, 12:39 PM
Every fibre of my being wants me to be cheeky and say it was a combined series of moments... Aaron Naughton's consecutive key clunkers..that would be cheating..
For me the most courageous moment was our beleaguered captain Easton Wood going back with the flight of the ball and taking the mark..
But the decisive moment in the game was Ed Richards. I mean there were so many tonight that foretold the victory.. but this said 'Nope.. ok there is nothing on upfield.. I am stuffed if I am going to bomb it in, I'm just going to play on, with a man set on the mark..and just do it..
That told Richmond early on in the 4th that there would be no heroics. Nope, stick a fork in them they're done.

It was Ed's "Billy Kolyniuk" moment.

Yep. I'm guessing he had it explained to him in no uncertain terms when it's time to tackle an opponent and when it's time to run past the ball and pick an unsuspecting opponent off after the game.

GVGjr
05-05-2019, 12:53 PM
The Corddy tackle late in the first quarter was telling. It stopped what was an almost surefire goal

Twodogs
05-05-2019, 01:23 PM
The Corddy tackle late in the first quarter was telling. It stopped what was an almost surefire goal

Yep, that was my moment too. I love Zaine Cordy far more than a man in his 50s should!

As a matter of interest at 3/4 time the commentators said that if Richmond was going to win then they would have to overcome the biggest three quarter time margin since Jack Dyer was coach back in 1947. Does that sound right to anyone else? It didn't sound right to me.

EasternWest
05-05-2019, 02:21 PM
Yep, that was my moment too. I love Zaine Cordy far more than a man in his 50s should!

He's just so consistent. You get the same from him every game, and he loves competing.

dadsgirl16
05-05-2019, 02:26 PM
Ed’s run around the mark and goal in the last..just felt like a nah nah nanah moment

bornadog
05-05-2019, 03:48 PM
Ed’s run around the mark and goal in the last..just felt like a nah nah nanah moment

That is when I relaxed about a win

boydogs
05-05-2019, 04:53 PM
Naughton's straight kicking in the second, needed the monkey off the back kicking for goal, it would have been a gorilla if he kept missing

merantau
05-05-2019, 06:59 PM
Ed Richards put the win to bed with a move combining dare with flair. It was a beautifully disguised maneuver executed with the requisite timing and pace. Leaving a hapless defender watching the soles of your boots as you charge towards goal, drill a major and punch the air in triumph must be very satisfying.

I remember trying to do that once in a house game at Totty Tech. I got run down from behind by a kid wearing glasses and was pinged for holding the ball. I was only ever a lumbering ruckman in the mould of Daniel Currie but only 1% as good as him.