PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Dogs

LostDoggy
07-05-2019, 11:14 AM
:confused:

Are our dogs the most extreme team? We seem to do things outside of the mean.

The bad:
Worst goal kicking (and F50 conversion?) for 3 years running
2016 – 2018 Many weeks lost through injury
Longest flag drought
S West most Brownlow Votes without a Brownlow

The interesting
2018 Youngest team most weeks
Bont the youngest ever captain

The good:
Naughton nearly breaking alltime contested marking record at 19
Greatest premiership in the history of the game, coming from seventh
Two interstate wins in finals as a Vic club

How does this compare with other teams?

What other extremities have we hit?

bornadog
07-05-2019, 12:48 PM
Marcov, check some of your facts above. :D

One extreme is the most ridiculous reports and tribunal decisions

* Chris Grant cleared by everyone, yet Operations manager reports and loses Brownlow
* Todd Curley -5 game ban for running into an Umpire
* Danny Southern - First player to get a week for wrestling
* Big Red - 3 match ban for pushing Davis to the chest

The bulldog tragician
07-05-2019, 01:18 PM
This thread could quickly turn depressing, but the four players who played the longest without a grand final are all ‘ours.’
Quinlan (obviously includes Fitzroy), Johnson, Grant, Hawkins. In the top 20 are also West, Smith, Murph.

One of the tragedies of our club is that so many players went unrewarded. At least as fans there’s always next year. An article on that topic quotes/misquotes me on that topic (would have been nice to be asked)https://www.insidesport.com.au/news/who-are-the-afls-most-unrewarded-players-422072

LostDoggy
07-05-2019, 02:28 PM
Thanks Bornadog, your knowledge can be applied with gratitude.

Ive modified a bit but trying to find the stats is difficult. 300 gamers I had a question mark on, we've had more than most but others have had more.

bornadog
07-05-2019, 02:35 PM
Thanks Bornadog, your knowledge can be applied with gratitude.

Ive modified a bit but trying to find the stats is difficult. 300 gamers I had a question mark on, we've had more than most but others have had more.

Sorry, I didn't mean to question them.

Twodogs
07-05-2019, 07:43 PM
This thread could quickly turn depressing, but the four players who played the longest without a grand final are all ‘ours.’
Quinlan (obviously includes Fitzroy), Johnson, Grant, Hawkins. In the top 20 are also West, Smith, Murph.

One of the tragedies of our club is that so many players went unrewarded. At least as fans there’s always next year. An article on that topic quotes/misquotes me on that topic (would have been nice to be asked)https://www.insidesport.com.au/news/who-are-the-afls-most-unrewarded-players-422072

Gary Dempsey? He played about 50, 000 games but did he end up playing in a GF for North?

LostDoggy
08-05-2019, 04:30 AM
Sorry, I didn't mean to question them.

You were right to do so mate, all good!