PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 8, 2019 vs Brisbane

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
11-05-2019, 05:57 PM
Ok the moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage.'

What was it for you against Brisbane today.

There were two big ones..but to stick to the brief.
How many years have we been screaming out for that tall with elite hands, desire and leap...that we could rely on as a 'get out of jail option'
How things might've been different in 2008 to 2010 with Naughton to kick to.
He's 19 and got a lot to learn... but there's a lot to work with.
I forget who lobbed the ball to him.. but when Naughton clunked it, and kicked the goal. That meant we were home. That was the moment for me.

Eastdog
11-05-2019, 06:07 PM
The latter part of the 2nd quarter which which turned the game in our favour from that point on.

GVGjr
11-05-2019, 06:13 PM
How good was the Caleb Daniels spoil? He must have been giving up nearly 35cm.
It made a big difference at a very critical time.

LostDoggy
11-05-2019, 06:18 PM
Naughton contested mark and goal sealer was the moment.

The real moment to get us there was deciding to play wet weather football and playing accountable with passion for the jumper, ten minutes ish from the half time siren.

Hotdog60
11-05-2019, 06:52 PM
Hard to pin point a 'moment' in the game as it was a slog for most of it.
It could be Naughty's goal going into half time. Difficult shot gave us a lift going into the third.

DOG GOD
11-05-2019, 06:54 PM
It could be Naughty's goal going into half time. Difficult shot gave us a lift going into the third.

I agree, that was mine too.

The bulldog tragician
11-05-2019, 07:00 PM
Yes, Naughton nailing that shot right on the half time break. This kid is soooo exciting.

Twodogs
11-05-2019, 08:14 PM
Yep. Coming up to half time and I'm thinking it would be great to be in front when the siren goes. A real fillip as the boys head into the sheds.

Up steps Aaron Naughton.

boydogs
11-05-2019, 09:20 PM
Macrae's goal in the 2nd quarter got us going I thought, it turned the tide and gave us belief

The team needs to see they are getting reward for effort

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
11-05-2019, 09:23 PM
Macrae's goal in the 2nd quarter got us going I thought, it turned the tide and gave us belief

It was great to see him kick that one. If our mids could hit the scoreboard a bit more it would really help our cause.

AshMac
11-05-2019, 09:32 PM

Agree, this was mine too

Nuggety Back Pocket
11-05-2019, 10:03 PM
I thought Daniel’s reading of the play today was tremendous particularly given his size. I vividly recall on one occasion where he was surrounded by three Brisbane players but with great presence of mind was still able to win possession

1eyedog
11-05-2019, 11:50 PM
JJ going in Kamikaze style on Robinson. It was a hard hit and JJ got up and said that's what we gotta do match them for intensity. It was a very un-JJ thing to do I've always thought he skirts issues ever since he did his shoulder against I think GWS but after that one act on the boundary line it seemed to set the tone for the remainder of the match.

Mofra
12-05-2019, 12:15 AM

I liked that one too, just gave us a sniff.

For some reason I looked up Macrae's career goal tallies. He's never cracked double figures in a season (9 in 2014 his best), he kicked 8 last year and now two this year. Weird as if I was to nominate his career highlight it's that clutch goal late in the 2016 prelim.

Murphy'sLore
12-05-2019, 10:14 AM
Naughton's half time goal for me too.

Naughton is the new Fooch!

angelopetraglia
12-05-2019, 10:56 AM
Naughton's goal on HT for me too. Gave him the confidence to go on with it in the second half. We must also acknowledge how good Hunter's kick was to Naughton. He was struggling to get any separation all day from his opponent and Hunter's kick was absolutely perfectly placed so he could run onto it. (He gets smashed for his bad kicking, but he does do some brilliant things by foot too).

The bulldog tragician
12-05-2019, 11:46 AM
Naughton's goal on HT for me too. Gave him the confidence to go on with it in the second half. We must also acknowledge how good Hunter's kick was to Naughton. He was struggling to get any separation all day from his opponent and Hunter's kick was absolutely perfectly placed so he could run onto it. (He gets smashed for his bad kicking, but he does do some brilliant things by foot too).
I think Lachie is working on his kicking. There have lately been a couple where he kicked low and flat to the advantage of the leading player. I am sure he is aware that it’s not his strength, and he is diligent enough to keep trying to do better. I get frustrated that he is bagged so much. Nobody runs harder than him - how many times is he the linker clearing it out of defence. We’d love to have 18 superbly skilled men out there but the reality is there are lots of different roles to be played, he plays his part.

Rocket Science
12-05-2019, 01:27 PM
I'm guilty of the Hunter shade but not so blinded as to deny he's comfortably in our top half dozen picked.

That doesn't mean he doesn't frustrate, in part because he gets so much of it.

How can you not love a bloke who runs tirelessly all day? When he undoes the hard work of others and kills chains dead with slack disposal, that's when.

MrMahatma
12-05-2019, 02:42 PM
JJ going in Kamikaze style on Robinson. It was a hard hit and JJ got up and said that's what we gotta do match them for intensity. It was a very un-JJ thing to do I've always thought he skirts issues ever since he did his shoulder against I think GWS but after that one act on the boundary line it seemed to set the tone for the remainder of the match.

Good call as it was against their “enforcer” too. Did what he had to.

bornadog
14-05-2019, 06:16 PM
This was my moment too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKAVks9m1Sg

When Naughty kicked the goal and put us in front, I thought we were on.

dadsgirl16
14-05-2019, 07:59 PM
Yep Aaron’s goal on the halftime siren..we all looked at each other and wondered how in hell we were in front!