PDA

View Full Version : Our 2nd half of Season 2019 - what will happen?

Eastdog
30-05-2019, 05:24 PM
We currently sit 4-6 and have 16 points and sit 13th on the AFL ladder

With the daunting task of the Eagles in Perth this Sunday here is who we have after the Round 12 bye. What will happen? Will be give it a red hot shake and try and push for finals or will be still around where we are right now? Injuries this year haven’t been too bad but we have struggled in games that I expected we would win and beat Richmond who have had injuries and are in good form.

R13 v Blues Marvel (A)
R14 v Magpies Marvel (H)
R15 v Power Adelaide Oval (A)
R16 v Cats Marvel (H)
R17 v Demons Marvel (H)
R18 v Saints Marvel (A)
R19 v Dockers Marvel (H)
R20 v Lions Gabba (A)
R21 v Bombers Marvel (A)
R22 v Giants Spotless (A)
R23 v Crows Ballarat (H)

bornadog
30-05-2019, 05:54 PM
All winnable

hujsh
30-05-2019, 05:56 PM
All winnable

All loseable too. Truly the ultimate potluck of tragedy and euphoria.

boydogs
30-05-2019, 11:50 PM
Who knows with us beating decent teams and losing to poor ones, but I've got us 9-13

W R13 v Blues Marvel (A)
L R14 v Magpies Marvel (H)
L R15 v Power Adelaide Oval (A)
L R16 v Cats Marvel (H)
W R17 v Demons Marvel (H)
W R18 v Saints Marvel (A)
W R19 v Dockers Marvel (H)
L R20 v Lions Gabba (A)
W R21 v Bombers Marvel (A)
L R22 v Giants Spotless (A)
L R23 v Crows Ballarat (H)

FrediKanoute
31-05-2019, 12:40 AM
I am a it more optimistic and think we can beat the Crows in Ballarat and possibly the power at the Adelaide Oval

Twodogs
31-05-2019, 01:04 PM
I am a it more optimistic and think we can beat the Crows in Ballarat and possibly the power at the Adelaide Oval

11/11 would make it interesting.

Rocket Science
31-05-2019, 02:20 PM
Who knows with us beating decent teams and losing to poor ones, but I've got us 9-13

W R13 v Blues Marvel (A)
L R14 v Magpies Marvel (H)
L R15 v Power Adelaide Oval (A)
L R16 v Cats Marvel (H)
W R17 v Demons Marvel (H)
W R18 v Saints Marvel (A)
W R19 v Dockers Marvel (H)
L R20 v Lions Gabba (A)
W R21 v Bombers Marvel (A)
L R22 v Giants Spotless (A)
L R23 v Crows Ballarat (H)

Hmmm. Gut says that's a touch ambitious ...

R13 v Blues Marvel (A) WIN
Surely. Then again their only points this year came against us so if they're ever going to fancy themselves ...

R14 v Magpies Marvel (H) LOSS
Pies building. We were valiant until it mattered last time but they'll be in a less forgiving mood for this one.

R15 v Power Adelaide Oval (A) LOSS
One of those mobs we're capable of beating on a good day but won't quite manage it. Probably Dixon's welcome back party.

L R16 v Cats Marvel (H) LOSS
Ugh.

W R17 v Demons Marvel (H) LOSS
If they're going to make any headway this season it'll need to be over the next half a dozen mostly softish games. We'll oblige them.

W R18 v Saints Marvel (A) WIN
It'll be a scrappy eyesore of a battle but we'll sneak home against a pretty ordinary outfit.

W R19 v Dockers Marvel (H) WIN
A coin toss. Why not us? Wait don't answer that.

L R20 v Lions Gabba (A) LOSS
Yeah nah. They'll be sniffing a long unsighted finals berth and be very much up and about at home. Cameron to run amok.

W R21 v Bombers Marvel (A) LOSS
Likewise, we'll be fodder for their hopefully ill-fated finals push. Jakey to get off the chain as he likes to against average opposition.

L R22 v Giants Spotless (A) LOSS
Completely outclassed by a probable top-2 side at a ground we don't like unless it's a prelim.

L R23 v Crows Ballarat (H) LOSS
We kicked 2.14 the last time we played them. TOTAL. We kicked 5.15 the time before that. Neither went well.

7 and 15 here we come. Hey we'll likely get another top 6 pick though.

Eastdog
09-06-2019, 08:31 PM
R13 Blues - W
R14 Pies - L
R15 Power - L
R16 Cats - L
R17 Demons - W
R18 Saints - W
R19 Dockers - W
R20 Lions - L
R21 Bombers - L
R22 Giants - L
R23 Crows - L

Realistically another 4 wins at best which will give us an 8-14 win/loss ratio on 32 points. Be great to be wrong but can’t see a miracle happening now.

Eastdog
09-06-2019, 08:34 PM
11/11 would make it interesting.

15-7 if we won all our game after the bye.

Twodogs
09-06-2019, 09:08 PM

I love your enthusiasm Easty.

Eastdog
09-06-2019, 09:19 PM
I love your enthusiasm Easty.

Realistically TD I reckon will finish 8-14.

Twodogs
09-06-2019, 09:35 PM
Realistically TD I reckon will finish 8-14.

I liked you better before Easty!:cool:

Eastdog
09-06-2019, 09:43 PM
I liked you better before Easty!:cool:

15-7 the win loss ratio we had in 2016 and then we went on to win the flag. We just need to win every game now and will be premiers!

Twodogs
09-06-2019, 09:51 PM
15-7 the win loss ratio we had in 2016 and then we went on to win the flag. We just need to win every game now and will be premiers!

That's an indisputable fact.

I can remember saying to you just before the finals started in 2016 that all we had to do was win the next four games and I had seen us win four games in a row plenty of times in the past so I was very confident that we could win the premiership. But just between you and me I wasn't that confident...

G-Mo77
09-06-2019, 10:18 PM
Looking now I think we'll beat the Saints and Crows. I think Carlton will rip us apart again. We'll cause an upset or two along the way. My guess maybe 3 or 4 wins out of those and I'm being optimistic, fair chance we win only half of that.

Bulldog4life
10-06-2019, 01:18 AM

I love that Easty. Make it happen doggies.

The Adelaide Connection
11-06-2019, 01:18 AM
What this run home fixture does do is give us:

1) Another shot at a few teams we should of/would have/could have beat

2) A chance to beat up a few that we already have beaten

3) A crack at a few middling sides we haven't played

4) A crack at a few that are going alright.

Many think the Carlton game was lost as early as selection night, and maybe we were guilty of thinking our midfield would beat up theirs and render their forwardline useless. Lets see what we have learned. Lose this and we likely spiral into a dark chasm of confidence stripped mediocrity. Win it and we come out against the Pies a game or so out of the eight, still with a funny chance and a bit of a skip in our step.

We get Collingwood, Geelong and Freo again on our home deck. Three games we were right in the mix for before it turned sour late in each. All three we torched gettable chances to kick ahead/put on scoreboard pressure/stay in the game and made it hard for ourselves.

We get Essendon, Saints, Melbourne, Port and Brisbane. All have had their own Jekyll and Hyde moments this year and all are gettable. Port in Adelaide doesn't fill me with confidence, but the rest I feel are doable.

Giants at Metricon and Adelaide at home to round out the year will likely be two tough games. Giants like to have a hiccup here and there, but when they are on they look sharp and are rightfully one of the teams slated to take it out this year. Adelaide have been pretty awful, but have pulled a few wins from the fire and (knowing our luck) will likely be back to their best before the last round.

I am (probably foolishly) excited and optimistic about what the remaining fixtures offer us. The Carlton game could burst that bubble pretty damn quickly.

Bulldog Joe
11-06-2019, 09:20 AM
I am normally very optimistic, but I am really struggling with where we are at.

As a whole we seem to have gone backwards and I don't see any leadership on field to steer us through tough moments.

The coaching group don't appear to be bringing anything consistent and just fear a trouncing from a rejuvenated Carlton will have spiral down into an abyss.

The Jekyll and Hyde nature of our performances will likely see us snag an unlikely win, but I can see us not winning another game.

However, it won't take much for us to threaten every side and even play finals still. We do need effort and commitment from every player though.

Nuggety Back Pocket
11-06-2019, 10:39 PM

Many think the Carlton game was lost as early as selection night, and maybe we were guilty of thinking our midfield would beat up theirs and render their forwardline useless. Lets see what we have learned. Lose this and we likely spiral into a dark chasm of confidence stripped mediocrity. Win it and we come out against the Pies a game or so out of the eight, still with a funny chance and a bit of a skip in our step.

We get Collingwood, Geelong and Freo again on our home deck. Three games we were right in the mix for before it turned sour late in each. All three we torched gettable chances to kick ahead/put on scoreboard pressure/stay in the game and made it hard for ourselves.

We get Essendon, Saints, Melbourne, Port and Brisbane. All have had their own Jekyll and Hyde moments this year and all are gettable. Port in Adelaide doesn't fill me with confidence, but the rest I feel are doable.

Giants at Metricon and Adelaide at home to round out the year will likely be two tough games. Giants like to have a hiccup here and there, but when they are on they look sharp and are rightfully one of the teams slated to take it out this year. Adelaide have been pretty awful, but have pulled a few wins from the fire and (knowing our luck) will likely be back to their best before the last round.

I am (probably foolishly) excited and optimistic about what the remaining fixtures offer us. The Carlton game could burst that bubble pretty damn quickly.

At the half way mark there is still little indication that we will lmprove in the second half of the season. I think we still need to develop a recognised goal to goal line structure and build our team around it. Our back line is still unsettled evidenced by our leaking an average of 20 goals in the past 3 games. Our forward line ranks 18th in the AFL. English continues to struggle as our number one ruck man. Trengrove IMO still rates as our most competitive ruck man. I would be looking to include both Schache and Lew Young this week as part of our rebuild. The recent inclusions in Lipinski Lac Young Dale and Williams has been a positive and they will only get better with more match experience. Playing more direct football with better disposal remain key improvements towards a better finish to the year.

bornadog
11-06-2019, 11:05 PM
Our forward line ranks 18th in the AFL.

Our forward line is actually 9th and was 6th pre West Coast Game.

GVGjr
11-06-2019, 11:28 PM
5 or 6 wins I think is very achievable for the balance of the season.
It all depends if we really chase every win we can get or if we want to blood some of the younger guys

MrMahatma
12-06-2019, 06:49 AM

I read this and kind of agree. But that’s largely because my bias towards the dogs seems to always baseline at our theoretical competitive best, rather than recent form.

We’re as likely to lose all matches as we are to win another 4.

MrMahatma
12-06-2019, 07:29 AM

I read this and kind of agree. But that’s largely because my bias towards the dogs seems to always baseline at our theoretical competitive best, rather than recent form.

We’re as likely to lose all matches as we are to win another 4.

SonofScray
12-06-2019, 09:51 AM
8 losses from n that mix, comfortably.

Season is cooked, I am anticipating the wheel's will fall off completely.

GVGjr
12-06-2019, 12:57 PM
8 losses from n that mix, comfortably.

Season is cooked, I am anticipating the wheel's will fall off completely.

Have some faith SoS, there is still a lot of fight in us.
We might not make the finals but we can shape it

Rocket Science
12-06-2019, 02:39 PM

We should seriously consider replacing 'Cede Nullis' with this as our motto.

chef
12-06-2019, 04:44 PM
R13 v Blues Marvel (A) Win
R14 v Magpies Marvel (H) Loss
R15 v Power Adelaide Oval (A) Loss
R16 v Cats Marvel (H) Loss
R17 v Demons Marvel (H) Draw
R18 v Saints Marvel (A) Loss
R19 v Dockers Marvel (H) Win
R20 v Lions Gabba (A) Loss
R21 v Bombers Marvel (A) Loss
R22 v Giants Spotless (A) Loss
R23 v Crows Ballarat (H) Loss

mjp
12-06-2019, 05:37 PM
R13 v Blues Marvel (A) Win
R14 v Magpies Marvel (H) Loss
R15 v Power Adelaide Oval (A) Loss
R16 v Cats Marvel (H) Loss
R17 v Demons Marvel (H) Draw
R18 v Saints Marvel (A) Loss
R19 v Dockers Marvel (H) Win
R20 v Lions Gabba (A) Loss
R21 v Bombers Marvel (A) Loss
R22 v Giants Spotless (A) Loss
R23 v Crows Ballarat (H) Loss

Wow.

You are really driving the 'positive bus':
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86E9d5PMCxA

All I care about right now is seeing us:
- Make an effort to shut down Cripps
- Beat Carlton

You have us with one win and a draw out of our last 10...and the win is listed against Freo who just beat Collingwood in Melbourne before their bye...so let's say that's a loss as well just for the hell of it.

Feel the excitement!

Mantis
12-06-2019, 05:55 PM

Based on our last 3 years I beg to differ.. we seem to be just going through the motions with much of the club seemingly just happy to let us drop further into the realm of becoming irrelevant.

Mantis
12-06-2019, 06:05 PM
Wow.

- Beat Carlton

You have us with one win and a draw out of our last 10...and the win is listed against Freo who just beat Collingwood in Melbourne before their bye...so let's say that's a loss as well just for the hell of it.

Feel the excitement!

In our last 3 games against Carlton Cripps has had 32, 29 & 37 touches... it seems it isn't in our DNA to try and shut down Cripps based on these numbers.

And whilst it's good to be positive based on what we've seen this year we probably only have 3-4 games left that we have a good chance of winning.. our best means we can win more than half, but that hasn't been on dispaly very often.

mjp
12-06-2019, 06:29 PM
In our last 3 games against Carlton Cripps has had 32, 29 & 37 touches... it seems it isn't in our DNA to try and shut down Cripps based on these numbers.

I know...he keeps reminding me.

All I want to see is an acknowledgment that just MAYBE we need to try something a little bit different in order to change our fortunes.

chef
12-06-2019, 06:58 PM
Wow.

- Beat Carlton

Feel the excitement!

I could be all positive and say we'll win every game and pinch the flag, but hey its not happening.

Which games do you think we'll win?

Essendon and Saints were toss of the coin for me, but they are playing 'at home' too and are better teams.

GVGjr
12-06-2019, 07:19 PM
Based on our last 3 years I beg to differ.. we seem to be just going through the motions with much of the club seemingly just happy to let us drop further into the realm of becoming irrelevant.

I get the conservative view but we can easily beat Carlton and I wouldn't write off a win against the Pies and I'm being serious.
I really like our chances against Melbourne, StKilda, Brisbane and Essendon

It all starts this week especially if we learn from the mistakes we made against them last time

mjp
12-06-2019, 07:24 PM
Which games do you think we'll win?

I'm a "let's take it one week at a time" kinda person...'cos each game has an impact on the ones that follow.

I'll start by saying we can and should beat the blues!

chef
12-06-2019, 07:54 PM
I'm a "let's take it one week at a time" kinda person...'cos each game has an impact on the ones that follow.

I'll start by saying we can and should beat the blues!

I guess its a prediction thread so the one week at a time goes out the window.

I agree we should and will beat the Blues.

SonofScray
12-06-2019, 08:08 PM

I've been swinging pretty heavily between faith in the message & rationale Grant gave at the last Inside The Kennel I attended, and outright ready to sack the coach. I'm settling somewhere in the middle, but am worried that's the worst outcome. I just see a massive deviation away from the early messaging Bevo gave us, some worrying trends in man management and a playing group prone to looking very lack lustre and disorganised despite the talent being there.

I actually think Bevo can get the job done, he has the skills. Just worried that he, and too many others aren't giving us their best and perhaps are being too gentle on themselves. Our best footy is far too good to only be seen in such small doses. Form line suggests we won't see enough of it to really get much out of this year.

Not njoying being this pessimistic, but that's my gut reading.

kruder
12-06-2019, 08:29 PM
I'm keen to win as many as possible but the last 4 games of last year has no doubt covered up the cracks. Even if we win more than we lose on the way home the Club must make significant changes , the last three years have been unacceptable. Bevo is the man to take us forward but he has to put his hand up, look to/ accept changes are required in the coaching box (more than just list changes) and the club should look to change things also structurally in the footy department.

Massive game this week, gonna be a very interesting indeed.

mjp
12-06-2019, 08:40 PM
I guess its a prediction thread so the one week at a time goes out the window.

:-) . Which is why I didn't make a prediction!

Depending on what happens in the next few we will either be trying to win or trying to do 'other stuff' in the last 6-8 games...

GVGjr
12-06-2019, 11:31 PM
7 games at Marvel and a game at Ballarat should be a bonus for us

bornadog
12-06-2019, 11:33 PM
I get the conservative view but we can easily beat Carlton and I wouldn't write off a win against the Pies and I'm being serious.
I really like our chances against Melbourne, StKilda, Brisbane and Essendon

It all starts this week especially if we learn from the mistakes we made against them last time

Agree except for the Brisbane game at the Gabba.

GVGjr
12-06-2019, 11:36 PM
Agree except for the Brisbane game at the Gabba.

We match-up well with them and I fully suspect they will slow down over the next few weeks. We are a chance if we can get some momentum before we play them.

Bulldog4life
17-06-2019, 01:58 PM

That's one. Another ten to go starting with Collingwood.

bornadog
17-06-2019, 02:27 PM
That's one. Another ten to go starting with Collingwood.

We will win this week.

GVGjr
17-06-2019, 03:55 PM
We will win this week.

I genuinely like our chances. If we get a couple of midfield match-ups on our terms and curb Stephenson and DeGooey we could be right in this.

Rocket Science
17-06-2019, 07:23 PM
We will win this week.

I genuinely like our chances. If we get a couple of midfield match-ups on our terms and curb Stephenson and DeGooey we could be right in this.

Oh lordy. Can one of you talk me through this please?

https://i.ibb.co/9N05zK0/Screen-Shot-2019-06-17-at-6-21-21-PM.png (https://ibb.co/pxTFGVT)

Or at least give me the number of your drug dealer?

bornadog
17-06-2019, 08:45 PM
Oh lordy. Can one of you talk me through this please?

Or at least give me the number of your drug dealer?

Any Chemist Warehouse - there are plenty :D

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
09-07-2019, 09:45 PM
I wonder whether now is the time for the club to try and fast track the re-signing of Bevo?
There are murmurs Saints could try and poach Bevo. The personal connection to the Saints sits deep within the Beveridge family. Nonetheless, i get the impression Bevo is a loyal character, and I don't see him as a cut and run guy; but he surely needs to feel secure.

We've signed up a lot of our guys recently, I think given how the season is positioned, we need to remove any outside noise and allow players and coach to know we're on a shared journey.
Get it done.

bornadog
09-07-2019, 10:13 PM
I wonder whether now is the time for the club to try and fast track the re-signing of Bevo?
There are murmurs Saints could try and poach Bevo. The personal connection to the Saints sits deep within the Beveridge family. Nonetheless, i get the impression Bevo is a loyal character, and I don't see him as a cut and run guy; but he surely needs to feel secure.

We've signed up a lot of our guys recently, I think given how the season is positioned, we need to remove any outside noise and allow players and coach to know we're on a shared journey.
Get it done.

Yes we don't want a megga deal thrown at him from another club

bornadog
09-07-2019, 10:15 PM
R17 v Demons Marvel (H)
R18 v Saints Marvel (A)
R19 v Dockers Marvel (H)
R20 v Lions Gabba (A)
R21 v Bombers Marvel (A)
R23 v Crows Ballarat (H)

Hardest games are the two interstate games.

GVGjr
09-07-2019, 10:18 PM

Get it done.

I called for this a couple of weeks back so I hope we are in at least some discussions with him.
It's not urgent but hopefully it's progressing

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
09-07-2019, 10:23 PM
Yes we don't want a megga deal thrown at him from another club

Its not even the threat of a mega deal; I don't think Bevo is one for whom making maximum bank is the main driver
I think its more that any interest coming from Saints being met with a 'Luke has an existing contract til next year' kinda statement from the ckub, might make him feel unsure as to where he sits going beyond next year. He may start to think 'how secure is my tenure? I'd probably only leave for the Saints, and that job won't be there in 12 months, if I'm not renewed here, so maybe I take the offer now'
Even more important, we need all focus on the games ahead of us. No distractions from here on in.
The guys have signed on; I assume thinking Bevo will be there beside them. It just seems a no brainer to remove any conjecture or speculation.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
09-07-2019, 10:27 PM
Ok. Just did a scan of the news. I could've saved myself two posts by searching earlier.
Herald sun caption (behind a paywall) indicates we're doing something in this space. Not sure if its just a club media spin in response to the Saints murmurs.

1eyedog
09-07-2019, 11:42 PM
Back on track. So win the next three and beat the Bombers at home and the Crows in the Rat and we have 12 wins? Is that enough?

Vred
09-07-2019, 11:45 PM
R17 v Demons Marvel (H)
R18 v Saints Marvel (A)
R19 v Dockers Marvel (H)
R20 v Lions Gabba (A)
R21 v Bombers Marvel (A)
R23 v Crows Ballarat (H)

Think I might actually fly up and go to the Brisbane game at the Gabba, what's the go with using your members pass interstate, same as in Melbourne I assume?

bornadog
09-07-2019, 11:59 PM
Think I might actually fly up and go to the Brisbane game at the Gabba, what's the go with using your members pass interstate, same as in Melbourne I assume?

Depends on the type of membership you have. If you have a home and away membership, then yes you can use it.

westdog54
10-07-2019, 12:06 AM
R17 v Demons Marvel (H)
R18 v Saints Marvel (A)
R19 v Dockers Marvel (H)
R20 v Lions Gabba (A)
R21 v Bombers Marvel (A)
R23 v Crows Ballarat (H)

Rounds 20 through 22 will be massive tests but the Giants aren't in the best form ATM and who knows which Bombers outfit will show up that night.

Massive chance to come how with a wet sail.

LostDoggy
10-07-2019, 02:05 PM
I called for this a couple of weeks back so I hope we are in at least some discussions with him.
It's not urgent but hopefully it's progressing

Does he want to coach on? Just asking.

merantau
10-07-2019, 04:23 PM
Rounds 20 through 22 will be massive tests but the Giants aren't in the best form ATM and who knows which Bombers outfit will show up that night.

Massive chance to come how with a wet sail.
14 wins and we are 100% in the 8 and percentage will not be a factor. 13 wins also in if our percentage increases
12 wins still possible but unlikely and will 100% depend on percentage. 11 wins and it will need a miracle to get in. That's my gut feeling atm.

GVGjr
10-07-2019, 07:24 PM
Does he want to coach on? Just asking.

I'm going to assume yes he does unless we hear otherwise

boydogs
10-07-2019, 10:58 PM
14 wins and we are 100% in the 8 and percentage will not be a factor. 13 wins also in if our percentage increases
12 wins still possible but unlikely and will 100% depend on percentage. 11 wins and it will need a miracle to get in. That's my gut feeling atm.

12 will get in IMO, especially if we beat Essendon & Adelaide

Mofra
11-07-2019, 11:15 AM
This week is a huge test. In recent times we've lost the games we were expected to win.

The Pie Man
11-07-2019, 11:39 AM
This week is a huge test. In recent times we've lost the games we were expected to win.

Feel exactly the same - and I remind myself we are still pretty young so inconsistency is an issue.

Axe Man
11-07-2019, 11:48 AM

The last game we were expected to win was against Carlton and we did (just). Hopefully that was the turning point.

bornadog
11-07-2019, 12:24 PM
The last game we were expected to win was against Carlton and we did (just). Hopefully that was the turning point.
Melbourne fighting for their life, so expect a tough contest

GVGjr
11-07-2019, 01:11 PM

I'm in a buoyant frame of mind with this weeks challenge. I'm not concerned that we have fallen short earlier in the season against some of the lower teams (past history) and think we now have a better balanced side being selected and Bevo is pulling the right levers

Bring it on

craigsahibee
11-07-2019, 01:21 PM
12 will get in IMO, especially if we beat Essendon & Adelaide

I agree with the 12 wins scenario. It's possible this year that 7th and 13th could be separated by percentage.

SonofScray
12-07-2019, 08:37 AM
I'm in a buoyant frame of mind with this weeks challenge. I'm not concerned that we have fallen short earlier in the season against some of the lower teams (past history) and think we now have a better balanced side being selected and Bevo is pulling the right levers

Bring it on
Agree, goals will still make or break us but the things that most concerned me have slowly been turning since the Freo game. It worries me a little that in a fair chunk of our wins the opposition has gone down a man or more on the bench. Still think the way we play leaves us open to getting rolled by anyone, the margins for error are so slim.

The talent in the 22 can carry us a bit further into the season & the coach seems to have stitched together a narrative that is driving things along. Buckley's comments a few weeks ago stung him into action. I'm confident they're all pulling in the same direction, perhaps for the first time since R2 last year.

AshMac
12-07-2019, 09:51 AM
Will be a real test this week. I can see Lever as the second in - we know Gawn is playing. They match up on us really well in general - even the years we’ve been much higher in the ladder than them and they’d be red hot with confidence based on our last few meetings.

Real danger game. I’d love to blitz them - a steady 4 quarter win with dogs by 40 points. I’m expecting a dog fight and the last quarter to be where the game is “won”

bornadog
15-07-2019, 03:35 PM
My Ladder Predictor

W
L

GEEL

WCE

COLL

BL

GWS

RICH

ADEL

WB

PORT

ESS

NMFC

HAW

FRE

SYD

MELB

STK

CARL

GCFC

comrade
15-07-2019, 08:07 PM
My Ladder Predictor

W
L

GEEL

WCE

COLL

BL

GWS

RICH

ADEL

WB

PORT

ESS

NMFC

HAW

FRE

SYD

MELB

STK

CARL

GCFC

We’d likely need to win 3 consecutive interstate trips to make the GF.

1eyedog
15-07-2019, 08:18 PM
We’d likely need to win 3 consecutive interstate trips to make the GF.

Just want our young list to get some finals exposure. A first up win against the Cats would cap off my year.

Twodogs
15-07-2019, 08:20 PM
Just want our young list to get some finals exposure. A first up win against the Cats would cap off my year.

A win over Geelong in week 3 of the finals would make my year. Can you imagine the saltiness?