Round 13

Date Fixture Venue Broadcast* Time

Thu, Jun 13 Adelaide Crows vs Richmond Adelaide Oval Seven & Fox 7:50pm

Fri, Jun 14 Essendon vs Hawthorn Marvel Stadium Seven & Fox 7:50pm

Sat, Jun 15 Gold Coast Suns vs St Kilda Riverway Stadium Fox 1:45pm
Sat, Jun 15 Fremantle vs Port Adelaide Optus Stadium Fox 4:35pm
Sat, Jun 15 Carlton vs Western Bulldogs Marvel Stadium Seven & Fox 7:25pm

Sun, Jun 16 North Melbourne vs GWS Giants Blundstone Arena Fox 3:20pm

Byes: Brisbane Lions, Collingwood, Geelong Cats, Melbourne, Sydney Swans, West Coast Eagles

Eastdog
10-06-2019, 11:47 PM
Bump

Rocket Science
13-06-2019, 11:21 PM
I'm convinced Eddie Betts is superhuman.

JEEZ I'd love a dangerous small forward with his swagger.

bornadog
14-06-2019, 12:13 AM
I'm convinced Eddie Betts is superhuman.

JEEZ I'd love a dangerous small forward with his swagger.

How was the banter between him and Stack

The Adelaide Connection
14-06-2019, 01:32 AM
The Crows are having a season that is like ours in many ways but almost a polar opposite in others.

They lost the first few, we won the first few.

They have been awful (probably worse than us) but have been chalking up wins. They have put on 20 points in no time in games that they really didn't have any right winning. Nowthey are a shade outside the top 4.

In that same time we have lost 4 and are only a Saturday night loss away from being just ONE game clear of Carlton. Yeah. That's a thing.

Axe Man
14-06-2019, 10:32 AM
How was the banter between him and Stack

Would you like one of our players high fiving and hugging an opposition player during the game? I wouldn't.

It was fairly harmless given the state of the game at the time but I don't like the look of it when you are meant to be battling the opposition with everything you've got. A low key well done would have sufficed, save the high fives for after the match.

bornadog
14-06-2019, 11:06 AM
Would you like one of our players high fiving and hugging an opposition player during the game? I wouldn't.

It was fairly harmless given the state of the game at the time but I don't like the look of it when you are meant to be battling the opposition with everything you've got. A low key well done would have sufficed, save the high fives for after the match.

Depends on the stage of the game. I wouldn't want to see it if it is a close game.

I only watched the last quarter, and there was a moment where Stack beat Betts to a ball and gave Betts some lip. About 5 minutes later Betts kicks another incredible goal, and Betts gives it back to Stack, and then the high 5. I think Stack was just showing him respect and the game was really well over.

Rocket Science
14-06-2019, 11:27 AM

Loved it. LOVED IT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqbAjE2BKgQ

Particularly in the context of the game that was deader than our finals chances.

You reckon those two blokes are going to go any less fiercely at the pill because they're capable of a bit of sincere mutual respect? The banter was actually a corollary of them jousting all night.

Gary Lyon of course had to puff out his harder-than-thou chest and declare "I HATE IT."

Onya Gaddy. Here's a big, ice cold glass of garn get f*cked.

Axe Man
14-06-2019, 12:37 PM
Loved it. LOVED IT.

Particularly in the context of the game that was deader than our finals chances.

You reckon those two blokes are going to go any less fiercely at the pill because they're capable of a bit of sincere mutual respect? The banter was actually a corollary of them jousting all night.

Gary Lyon of course had to puff out his harder-than-thou chest and declare "I HATE IT."

No I don't think it would effect their effort at all. I certainly don't hate it and I don't think it's any big deal, it's just a perception thing to me. The banter is great, the physical contact I think is too much. I can't ever imagine myself doing that with an opposition player in a game and I'm hardly playing for sheep stations.

Would you be ok with it if Bont was to do the same thing with Cripps after he kicks a miracle goal on Saturday night as the Blues are running away to another comfortable victory?

Bulldog Joe
14-06-2019, 12:59 PM
No I don't think it would effect their effort at all. I certainly don't hate it and I don't think it's any big deal, it's just a perception thing to me. The banter is great, the physical contact I think is too much. I can't ever imagine myself doing that with an opposition player in a game and I'm hardly playing for sheep stations.

Would you be ok with it if Bont was to do the same thing with Cripps after he kicks a miracle goal on Saturday night as the Blues are running away to another comfortable victory?

Would certainly be ok with it if Bont is the one kicking the miracle goal as the game sealer:cool:

Rocket Science
14-06-2019, 01:08 PM

If the Blues earn a comfy victory over us Saturday night, the Bont having some junk-time slap and tickle with a rival will be the at the bottom of my list of concerns believe me.

westdog54
14-06-2019, 01:15 PM
Loved it. LOVED IT.

Just watched that video for the first time.

I'm seriously shaking my head in disbelief that this show of sportsmanship is seriously upsetting some people.

The ball was dead, and a player that Sydney probably idolises has just done something ridiculously freakish right in front of him. I don't blame him for being caught up in the moment and to suggest that t would have affected his resolve or his focus on the game once the moment is out of the way, is quite simply laughable.

Honestly, I wish there was more of this stuff in elite level sport. I love it.

Twodogs
14-06-2019, 01:17 PM

I work in a field where I have a fair bit of trust placed in me. I am given client's money and expected to be able to account for it when I am asked to at the end of a shift and I am not always asked but like my boss says "it's a perception thing, if I ask you what the money was spent on and you are umming and ahrring about it then I start to wonder why you can't be upfront about it" So yeah, perception is incredibly important and the perception of players running around hi-fiving opposition players then you start to wonder about whether they have just apportioned the game among themselves and the result doesn't matter.

Rocket Science
14-06-2019, 01:47 PM
Just watched that video for the first time.

I'm seriously shaking my head in disbelief that this show of sportsmanship is seriously upsetting some people.

The ball was dead, and a player that Sydney probably idolises has just done something ridiculously freakish right in front of him. I don't blame him for being caught up in the moment and to suggest that t would have affected his resolve or his focus on the game once the moment is out of the way, is quite simply laughable.

Honestly, I wish there was more of this stuff in elite level sport. I love it.

Exactly.

"Players are too robotic these days!"

*a couple of indigenous blokes high five*

"This is an outrage!"

hujsh
14-06-2019, 04:58 PM
Exactly.

"Players are too robotic these days!"

*a couple of indigenous blokes high five*

"This is an outrage!"

"All I want is for players to be less robotic and show a bit of personality in the exact way and manner that I deem appropriate. Is that so much to ask for?"

Rocket Science
14-06-2019, 05:42 PM
"All I want is for players to be less robotic and show a bit of personality in the exact way and manner that I deem appropriate. Is that so much to ask for?"

Bullseye.

I wonder if the same types are arking up about the moment about a minute prior when Betts tried to conjure a little more magic but Stack hunted him down, smothered the kick then bounced up and (playfully) got in Eddie's face.

Hey Gaddy! Did you hate that too!?

The bulldog tragician
14-06-2019, 07:02 PM
No wonder there is an apparent epidemic of mental health concerns among players when some want to squeeze every ounce of fun out of the game.

Rocket Science
14-06-2019, 10:59 PM
The Hawks seem to be one of the few teams still susceptible to the run and gun scattergun style of play.

MrMahatma
14-06-2019, 11:24 PM
It’s awesome.

I love the balls that he was into Eddie all game. And I watched as that goal went through and couldn’t believe it. Massively worth a “ok, you win” high-5.”

Nothing wrong with appreciating and respecting your opponent.

AndrewP6
14-06-2019, 11:47 PM
I’m not upset or outraged, but I’m not a fan of the mucking around with an opponent. Leave it until the game is over as far as I’m concerned.

bornadog
14-06-2019, 11:51 PM
Didn't watch the game tonight, but did flip over to see the scores, and it was when Channel Seven were highlighting the arm of an Essendon player where Stratton had been pitching him all night. The Essendon player had about 10 bruises on the back of his arm.

This is blatant cheating and childish.

Edit: It was Fantasia's arm

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1139516553425084418/3DbnX9H4?format=jpg&name=600x314

G-Mo77
15-06-2019, 01:45 PM
There is a shot of his arm after the game that looks worse than that. What a captain to be proud of hey?

GVGjr
15-06-2019, 01:53 PM
There is a shot of his arm after the game that looks worse than that. What a captain to be proud of hey?

Awful look for the game and the Hawks. He's a good enough player to not need to stoop to that level

This will take a bit of explaining

bulldogtragic
15-06-2019, 05:21 PM
Sam Day looks like he's done a bad hammy. Might be last time in the GC jumper.?. (Or maybe not, he played another minute?)

Why can't GCS do us a favour and just beat St Kilda this year? Annoying for the third rounder we have of StK.

bornadog
15-06-2019, 05:41 PM
6 Suns games have been decided by 6 points or less, including ours.