Sun, Jun 30 St Kilda vs Richmond Marvel Stadium Fox 1:10pm
Sun, Jun 30 Brisbane Lions vs Melbourne The Gabba Seven & Fox 3:20pm
Sun, Jun 30 Fremantle vs Carlton Optus Stadium Fox 5:20pm

Eastdog
27-06-2019, 12:49 PM
Bump

Twodogs
27-06-2019, 01:07 PM
It comes around quickly when there is a game on Thursday nights.

bornadog
27-06-2019, 05:09 PM
Hope GWS smash Bombres

The Underdog
27-06-2019, 10:29 PM
Is Nick Haynes the best intercept defender in the league. Absolutely outstanding. Davis no slouch either.

Rocket Science
27-06-2019, 10:57 PM
Well that's ruined my weekend.

bulldogtragic
27-06-2019, 11:02 PM
Well that's ruined my weekend.

GWS premiership chances hurt. Dons move to finish 9th or 10th, won’t get finals but get a lesser draft order.

Win/win

The Underdog
27-06-2019, 11:10 PM
GWS premiership chances hurt. Dons move to finish 9th or 10th, won’t get finals but get a lesser draft order.

Win/win

It's really only Essendon's ball use by foot holding them back at this stage. They'll struggle long term without Bellchambers but they're certainly capable of a finals spot. Had no right to come back and win that one, but ran all over GWS in the last 15 minutes. Which is a shame as I hate them with a passion.

Rocket Science
27-06-2019, 11:12 PM

Win/win

You're being very philosophical. My primate brain just wants Essendon done.

And the result directly tainted by a botched non-review at the death which was clearly touched.

Take a bow AFEL you colossal clowns.

bulldogtragic
27-06-2019, 11:15 PM

And the result directly tainted by a botched non-review at the death which was clearly touched.

I didn’t watch the game. But I hate gws at least equally. Easy to be philosophical with so many hated sides.

Eastdog
27-06-2019, 11:15 PM

Yeah the local rival geographically as well. Peter Gordon was so right about them at the members forum.

The Underdog
27-06-2019, 11:16 PM

The umpiring in that game was absolutely woeful. I'm firmly of the "umpiring doesn't change the result" camp, but it sure made that one a much tougher watch.

bornadog
27-06-2019, 11:47 PM
The umpiring in that game was absolutely woeful. I'm firmly of the "umpiring doesn't change the result" camp, but it sure made that one a much tougher watch.

Yes, I am sick of umpirs letting go incorrect disposal or this BS " he attempted to dispose". This is not Rugby, you can't throw the ball, you must punch it whilst holding it with the other hand.

Dry Rot
28-06-2019, 12:23 AM
I don't get to watch or listen to footy much these days due to some ugly commitments I have. But tonight I got to watch this match.

I loathe the Bombers and found myself in the odd position of rooting for the Giants. First time I watched them seriously this year.

Lots to like and very different to our side - great skills across the park, forwards who actually lead, kicks that hit their targets etc

But something is fundamentally wrong with them as a team - the sum of the parts is less than the individuals.

Put them under pressure and they continually wilt. Their finals record is poor.

Soft mentally methinks.

josie
28-06-2019, 09:37 AM
Yeah the local rival geographically as well. Peter Gordon was so right about them at the members forum.

What did he say Easty?

comrade
28-06-2019, 10:05 AM
The touch not being called and then the marginal free kick being given to Heppell late in GWS' attacking half just smacked of the umpires getting caught up with the crowd and letting the moment dictate the narrative.

The AFeL is ****ed.

Grantysghost
28-06-2019, 11:17 AM
The touch not being called and then the marginal free kick being given to Heppell late in GWS' attacking half just smacked of the umpires getting caught up with the crowd and letting the moment dictate the narrative.

The AFeL is ****ed.

Totally agree, with the number of the beast (666) that centre reset made a huge difference to the game. How do you miss that it's unbelievable it was clear as day, well night.

Twodogs
28-06-2019, 11:58 AM
I didn’t watch the game. But I hate gws at least equally. Easy to be philosophical with so many hated sides.

Agreed. I have always hated Essendon but the GWS thing has just grown in me the last few years.

What did he say Easty?

Rocket Science
28-06-2019, 02:34 PM
Agreed. I have always hated Essendon but the GWS thing has just grown in me the last few years.

What did he say Easty?

When railing about our lack of blockbuster fixturing bemoaned the favouritism shown to Essendon from AFEL House.

He also said Jake's tatt is comfortably the shittest he's seen in his time in the game.

Twodogs
28-06-2019, 07:22 PM
When railing about our lack of blockbuster fixturing bemoaned the favouritism shown to Essendon from AFEL House.

He also said Jake's tatt is comfortably the shittest he's seen in his time in the game.

That's a big call. Peter grew up in Braybrook and the locals are born with tatts.

Rocket Science
28-06-2019, 10:11 PM
Crows taking it up to the Cats, jeez it'd be nice to see them lose in their taxpayer funded boutique stadium.

Who doesn't think they'll get up in a close one courtesy of some good ol' fashioned home-baked umpiring?

The Underdog
29-06-2019, 09:30 AM

The AFeL is ****ed.

I don’t have a problem with the touch not being called. It was impossible for the umpires to see and while likely there, I can understand not overturning it. The overall inconsistency of the umpiring was egregiously bad, not necessarily in one teams favour, but to the point of making the game even worse.

ratsmac
29-06-2019, 10:36 AM
Far out Geelong shit me up the wall. The home ground advantage they get is just unfair for all other Victorian Clubs. I hate them so much!!

The Underdog
29-06-2019, 01:02 PM
Far out Geelong shit me up the wall. The home ground advantage they get is just unfair for all other Victorian Clubs. I hate them so much!!

It's funny, aside from Essendon who I'll hate eternally and Carlton who I'll never forgive for Elliott/ Collins / eternal hubris, I tend to ebb and flow about how I feel about teams more due to the personality of the team and a bit the way they play. I enjoyed late 00's / early 10's Geelong. I really dislike the current team on a personality level. However, after considering them pretend contenders for 5-6 years, they are the real deal this year. I'm envious of the way they play, excellent footskills, fast pressure and movement, the addition of Rohan, Dahl and Miers (a young Dahlhaus with superior footskills and possibly pace) has helped transform them. They keep elite pressure around the contest and mop up behind the ball.
They are the best team of the season so far and while the home ground helps them immensely, I think their style will stand up most weeks and especially in finals.

bornadog
29-06-2019, 04:50 PM
Hawks in front at 3/4 time.

bornadog
29-06-2019, 05:19 PM
Cracking game at the G, Hawks by a point in the rain 6 minutes left

bulldogtragic
29-06-2019, 05:46 PM
Cracking game at the G, Hawks by a point in the rain 6 minutes left

Good for us they lost. Their third rounder is a lot juicier pick than everyone thought at the beginning of the year.

ledge
29-06-2019, 11:44 PM
Just watching Alir Alir getting interviewed such a happy cool bloke.
You can’t not love him after tonight’s game.
Pies are in a hole , if only we kicked straight last week.
Nth have a new belief, be hard to not keep Shaw as coach the way they are playing.

Sedat
30-06-2019, 08:59 PM
Brilliant win by Carlton on the road with Cripps out and Charlie Curnow injured in the first 15 minutes. Coming from 30 points down as well.

Gee some teams have torched their top 8 chances this week.

AshMac
30-06-2019, 09:18 PM
So it turns out after all this time Cripps is the reason the blues have been losing.

They need to offload that dead weight mid contract our way end of the year.

ledge
01-07-2019, 05:21 PM
That's a big call. Peter grew up in Braybrook and the locals are born with tatts.

Hey I resemble that remark.