PDA

View Full Version : Paul Groves resigns

ledge
17-06-2019, 08:49 PM
Paul has left the club to enhance his career in teaching and sport.
A young family also came into it.
Thanks for setting up and winning the flag,wish him well in the future.
No idea who will get the gig but I heard an Andrew Shakespeare mentioned, believe he is an assistant.

The Underdog
18-06-2019, 10:13 PM
To be fair, may not be the worst thing. The team looked relatively bereft of ideas tactically by the end of last year.

Grantysghost
19-09-2019, 08:02 PM
Nathan Burke appointed AFLw coach. https://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2019-09-19/nathan-burke-to-coach-aflw-bulldogs

Twodogs
19-09-2019, 08:11 PM
Nathan Burke the st Kilda guy who hates the Bulldogs? That's an interesting appointment.

Bulldog Revolution
19-09-2019, 08:11 PM
Nathan Burke the st Kilda guy who hates the Bulldogs? That's an interesting appointment.

First thing I thought too

Twodogs
19-09-2019, 08:26 PM
First thing I thought too

It's a bit like if GWS appointed an ex Bulldog player as senior coach. Wait, what?

Grantysghost
19-09-2019, 08:37 PM

He's seen the light!

KT31
20-09-2019, 12:29 PM
He's seen the light!

or is going to do to us what Malthouse did to Collingwood.

Bulldog Joe
20-09-2019, 01:34 PM
or is going to do to us what Malthouse did to Collingwood.

That is my fear.

Bulldog4life
23-09-2019, 10:49 AM
He's seen the light!

Agree. The only thing I care about is if he is a good coach. Time will tell.

strebla
24-09-2019, 10:58 AM
Would think him and Bevo are mates too as would have spen,t time together at the Aints Great addition to the team I think.

bornadog
24-09-2019, 11:09 AM
Would think him and Bevo are mates too as would have spen,t time together at the Aints Great addition to the team I think.

Bevo never started at the Saints? He got the job but quit before he started, however, they could be mates anyhow.

strebla
24-09-2019, 11:13 AM
No but I am sure they played together during Bevo' stint there. Bevo' dad was also the head recruiter there for many many years .

bornadog
24-09-2019, 11:31 AM
No but I am sure they played together during Bevo' stint there. Bevo' dad was also the head recruiter there for many many years .

argh could have

Axe Man
11-05-2021, 01:40 PM
Dogs coach inks contract extension after improved season (https://womens.afl/news/72188)

WESTERN Bulldogs AFLW coach Nathan Burke has signed a two-year contract extension, tying him to the club until the end of the 2023 season.

The Dogs were a vastly improved side this year, bouncing back from a one-win season in Burke's first year to finish eighth of 14 teams, with five out of nine wins.

Burke made a bold statement at the club's season launch, declaring the Bulldogs were aiming for two AFLW flags by 2025.

"I've signed quite a few contracts in my time as a player, but I don't think I've ever been as excited as I was signing this one," Burke said.

"Debbie Lee and I started on a journey together two years ago, so to be able to continue that with Deb and the players is wonderful.

"I've loved every moment so far – going to training is a highlight of my week."

A St Kilda legend, the 51-year-old was involved with the Saints VFLW team and coached Vic Metro before taking the step to AFLW level.

He coached against daughter and Saint Alice in round one this year.

The club's head of women's football Debbie Lee said Burke had made an immediate impact in his first two years at the club.

"We are thrilled to have Nathan continue as senior coach of our AFLW program," Lee said.

"He has a great connection with our playing group, and combined with his simple and adaptable game plan, has resulted in significant improvement this season.

"We are excited that Nathan has signed on for a further two years, as this will enable us to further build on our foundations and ensure we continue to be competitive in the AFLW competition."

There has been movement in the AFLW coaching ranks of late, with Gold Coast's David Lake and Geelong's Paul Hood resigning, while Melbourne's Mick Stinear has also signed a two-year deal.