PDA

View Full Version : English locked in until 2022

Mofra
04-07-2019, 04:13 PM
https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2019-07-04/english-locked-in-until-2022

Young ruckman Tim English has pledged his future to the Western Bulldogs.

The 21-year-old, who was contracted until the end of 2020, has re-signed for two more years and will call VU Whitten Oval home until at least the end of 2022.

The West Australian product has played 21 AFL matches since being selected by the Bulldogs with pick 19 in the 2016 NAB AFL Draft.

General Manager of List and Recruiting, Sam Power, said securing English’s signature was important for the Club’s future.

“Tim is one of the most exciting young ruckmen in the competition and we are thrilled to have him recommit to our Club,” Power said.

“Watching his development as a player over the past three years has been really pleasing.

“Naturally, ruckmen take time to develop, but Tim has taken some big steps this year at AFL level. His athleticism and ground-level work is exceptional for a big man, he is a good decision-maker with the ball and he is getting stronger and more able to assert himself in the air.

“We were keen to ensure Tim was part of our future, and he is invested in what we are building which made it a simple process to work through with Tim and his manager, Andrew McDougall.”

English has played 12 matches at AFL level this season as the Bulldogs’ first-choice ruckman.

He is the ninth player to re-sign with the Club in 2019, following the likes of Lachie Hunter, Caleb Daniel, Josh Dunkley, Tom Liberatore, Aaron Naughton and Pat Lipinski.

“I’m very pleased to have signed on for the next couple of years,” English said.

“I’m really enjoying my time here, we’ve got a really good young group at the moment and I’m loving my time in Melbourne.

“Playing to my strengths at the moment is something I focus on, whether that be run and spread, being able to use my length in the ruck, or my athleticism.

“Watching from outside the Club before I got drafted, there was so much talk about the camaraderie and the close, tight-knit group within the Bulldogs. To be a part of that is an amazing feeling, and I’m really happy to be able to do that for the next few years.”

bornadog
04-07-2019, 04:20 PM
Great News

KT31
04-07-2019, 04:21 PM
This is excellent news, i was concerned he would get homesick
Tim is a huge signing and such an important cog in us going forward.

bornadog
04-07-2019, 04:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3dmD5lkIsU

Eastdog
04-07-2019, 04:37 PM
Fantastic News!

Sam Power is doing a good job.

whythelongface
04-07-2019, 04:38 PM
Fantastic news. Well done to Sam and the team.

Hotdog60
04-07-2019, 04:44 PM
Things can't be all that bad behind closed doors.
Good stuff that Tim has committed to the club.

The Doctor
04-07-2019, 04:45 PM
Awesome

Bulldog4life
04-07-2019, 04:48 PM
Another great signing. Terrific work Sammy Power. Tim is and will be an important piece of the puzzle going forward to our next premiership tilt.

Grantysghost
04-07-2019, 05:08 PM
Great news.
Tim went to a boarding school in WA so he was already used to being away from family (as much as you can be I guess) during his secondary school years. The lure of home hopefully isn't as strong as a result.

G-Mo77
04-07-2019, 05:35 PM
Sam Power getting the job done! Great news

GVGjr
04-07-2019, 05:36 PM
We've done very well working through the emerging players and signing them up to good term contracts.

I'm still very optimistic on our future.

Rocket Science
04-07-2019, 05:41 PM
Yaaaarse.

What a relief.

chef
04-07-2019, 05:51 PM
Nice work Sammy.

Doc26
04-07-2019, 06:44 PM
Such a key part of our future. Great news.
Now lock Marcus away to a long term deal and the future becomes very bright.

Dancin' Douggy
04-07-2019, 07:06 PM
This is great great news. He will be a star.
With a nod to another great blonde bulldog ruckman.
I like to call him ‘Gentleman Tim’ English.
Seems to suit his demeanour and obvious intelligence.

HOSE B ROMERO
04-07-2019, 07:49 PM
You ripper Tiny.

A combination of factors probably led to this.

He's a country boy so the thought of living in Perth wasn't that enticing.

He shares a house with another WA boy in Naughton.

We've got the best supporters in the land.

bornadog
04-07-2019, 09:39 PM
You ripper Tiny.

A combination of factors probably led to this.

He's a country boy so the thought of living in Perth wasn't that enticing.

He shares a house with another WA boy in Naughton.

We've got the best supporters in the land.

and also sharing is Lippa

Twodogs
04-07-2019, 09:54 PM
Fantastic news. Well done to Sam and the recruitment team.

Vred
05-07-2019, 03:08 AM
I've heard off the grapevine that theirs some Freemantle staff that are not happy about this signing.

great work WB, HUGE signing.

divvydan
05-07-2019, 03:42 AM
That would be a little strange for me as they have Darcy who is the same age as English and Lobb as a more than capable 2nd ruck. I guess Darcy is a Vic, so maybe they're worried he wants to leave and English would've been a position/age replacement. Darcy is a very different type of ruckman to English so maybe they were looking for less strength and more mobility.

Bullies
05-07-2019, 09:53 AM
Such a key part of our future. Great news.
Now lock Marcus away to a long term deal and the future becomes very bright.

Give Bont the captaincy and the coin he deserves and it will make it extremely hard to walk away.

Mofra
05-07-2019, 09:58 AM
That would be a little strange for me as they have Darcy who is the same age as English and Lobb as a more than capable 2nd ruck. I guess Darcy is a Vic, so maybe they're worried he wants to leave and English would've been a position/age replacement. Darcy is a very different type of ruckman to English so maybe they were looking for less strength and more mobility.
Darcy, at this stage, isn't very good.
Lobb is an excellent 2nd ruck and a decent first ruck but he was nowhere near it at age 21. He has five years on English. I'm positive a 26 year old English beats 26 year old Lobb.

bornadog
05-07-2019, 10:51 AM
Give Bont the captaincy and the coin he deserves and it will make it extremely hard to walk away.

That would make all supporters relieved.

Ozza
05-07-2019, 11:07 AM
Thrilled with this news.

We can really build the team around players like Bont, Naughton, Macrae, English & Bailey Smith in the future.

bornadog
05-07-2019, 11:09 AM
Mike Shean has named Selwood as the player of the decade and English as the player of the next decade.

Flamethrower
05-07-2019, 12:45 PM
Had a good feeling when I heard Tim interviewed after the signing of Caleb and Josh 2 weeks ago. I am sure our on field performances the last 2 weeks have convinced Tim that the future is bright at the Kennel, and it is a good time to deliver some egg to the faces of the media filth pushing the "English to Perth" rumours.

Interesting that Freo immediately bring Sandi out of his semi-retirement ask the big fella if he has another 10 years in him.

Bulldog4life
05-07-2019, 01:05 PM
Mike Shean has named Selwood as the player of the decade and English as the player of the next decade.

Wow!

Twodogs
05-07-2019, 01:20 PM

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/07/05/who-is-mike-sheahans-player-of-the-next-decade/

Rocket Science
05-07-2019, 02:28 PM
I've heard off the grapevine that theirs some Freemantle staff that are not happy about this signing.

great work WB, HUGE signing.

Why, because most of the competition sees us a one stop shop whenever they fancy one of our mob? They must have felt particularly entitled because he happens to hail from their side of the country.

GAG-very-F Freo. Look forward to English toying with your ruck division for the next ten years.