PDA

View Full Version : WOOF Player Awards RD 16 2019 vs Geelong

GVGjr
06-07-2019, 12:49 PM
Welcome to the WOOF Player Awards for season 2019, Round 16 clash, Western Bulldogs vs Geelong on the big stage of Saturday night.

There are two awards that you can vote on once the game is completed.

Voting closes each Tuesday at 8.00pm so Shop Early and avoid the rush

The first award is for the Joe Marmo Medal for the best players on the ground.

There are 4 votes allocated and it's a 4 for the best and of course 3, 2 and 1.

and

The second award is for the Ron James Medal for the best 2 pups on the ground.

2 Votes allocated - 2 being for the best pup and 1 for the runner-up
Remember the cut off age for a pup is 22 as at the 1st of January, 2019.

Pups available for selection –
Dunkley, Schache, Lewis Young, Lynch, Richards, Lipinski, Porter, Greene, Naughton, Williams, English, Smith, West, Khamis, Vandermeer, Lachie Young, Sweet

Need to know more - The history of the WOOF Player Awards (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=8966)

GVGjr
06-07-2019, 10:18 PM
Bump

GVGjr
06-07-2019, 11:55 PM
No takers yet to cast your votes?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
07-07-2019, 12:02 AM
Marmo

NB: I may review tomorrow... my current state of mind might be given to hyperbole.

4. Naughton - No one else looked able to read our forward forays. He doesn't get on to the end of it, we're on the end of yet another 'honourable loss'
3. Dunkley. His real work paid off in the 4th Qtr. Grunt PLUS!
2. Hunter. Yep he stuffed some moments, but he also stood tall in some crucial moments. And without Caleb, he was more than admirable
1. Maclean. Well done Toby and also the MC.

I CAN'T BELIEVE Bont and Macrae didn't get votes....

James

2. Naughton
1. Dunkley

Apols: Bailey Smith and English

Hotdog60
07-07-2019, 12:03 AM
Marmo:

4:Marcus Bontempelli
3:Josh Dunkley
2:Aaron Naughton
1:Jack Macrae

James:
2:Josh Dunkley
1:Aaron Naughton

It was hard doing the votes on such a hard fought and scrappy game.
Bont was great but could have been even better.
I would also have liked Toby in there as he was a decisive player at the end.
But anyway I think these players where more involved over the 4 quarters.

1eyedog
07-07-2019, 12:08 AM
4. Dunkley
3. Bont
2. Hunter
1. Naughton

westdog54
07-07-2019, 12:10 AM
4. Hunter. That last kick for goal aside, was massive in the last and a major catalyst for the win.
3. Naughton. 4 goals and a massive presence up forward.
2. Macrae. Just keeps on keeping on. Another lazy 34.
1. Bontempelli. Just edges out Dunkley with his goal.

2. Naughton
1. Dunkley.

josie
07-07-2019, 12:17 AM
Naughton
Maclean
Macrae
Lloyd (2 clutch goals) and apologies to JJ

Naughton
Dunkley

Ghost Dog
07-07-2019, 12:23 AM
Very difficult tonight

4. Bont ( not only performed well but drew their best players )
3.Jack Mac
2. Naughton ( Hopes for scoring mostly rest on his very young shoulders )
1.Trengrove ( I know he stuffed up a few times, but so did Bont and others. Did a heap when the chips were down early on. Played on some of the best forwards going. Without him we would not have had a hope tonight as we needed Aaron forward. )

2.Naughton
1.Smith

Apologies to Hunter, Toby Mac and Dunks - all played their hearts out

BornInDroopSt'54
07-07-2019, 12:24 AM
4. Bontempelli
3. Dunkley
2. Naughton
1. Macrae

2. Dunkley
1. Naughton

Happy Days
07-07-2019, 12:27 AM
4. Bontempelli
3. Naughton
2. Macrae
1. Hunter

2. Naughton
1. Dunkley

westbulldog
07-07-2019, 12:31 AM
Bontempelli
Macrae
Hunter
Dunkley

Dunkley
Naughton

Eastdog
07-07-2019, 12:40 AM
I’ll go:

4. Naughton
3. Hunter
2. Bont
1. Lloyd

2. Naughton
1. Bailey Smith

Apologies to a number of others I’d give our whole team 4 votes for getting this mob.

AshMac
07-07-2019, 01:45 AM
Bont
Macrae
Hunter
Naughton

Naughton
English

Honourable mention to JJ, Wood, Richards, Lipinski, Duryea, Dunkley and Mclean

SlimPickens
07-07-2019, 09:16 AM
Naughton
Dunkley
Bont
Duryea

Naughton
Smith

GVGjr
07-07-2019, 09:33 AM
Naughton
Dunkley
Bont
Duryea

Naughton
Smith

Slim, Dunks needs to be in the James as well

GVGjr
07-07-2019, 09:40 AM
Marmo
4 - Naughton
3 - Hunter
2 - Macrae
1 - Dunkley

Apologies to Bontempelli, Johannisen and Lloyd

James
2 - Naughton
1 - Dunkley

Scorlibo
07-07-2019, 10:01 AM
4 - Macrae
3 - Bontempelli
2 - Naughton
1 - McLean

2 - Naughton
1 - Dunkley

Bulldog4life
07-07-2019, 10:26 AM
4 - Bont
3 - Naughty
2 - Macrae
1 - McLean

2 - Naughton
1 - Dunkley

bornadog
07-07-2019, 10:39 AM
The Bont
Hunter
Macrae
Naughton

Naughton
Dunkley

Twodogs
07-07-2019, 11:27 AM
4. the Bont
3. Aaron Naughton
2. Jack Macrae
1. Tim English

2. Naughton
1. Tim English

Comfortably the hardest set of votes that I have cast this year. I could have easily have cast all the votes over again to completely different players.

Murphy'sLore
07-07-2019, 11:47 AM
4. Bonti
3. Naughton
2. Dunkley
1. Hunter

2. Naughton
1. Dunkley

Apologies to Toby and Bailey Smith... Half the team really. Much rather have the problem of too many to pick from than too few!

Ozza
07-07-2019, 12:30 PM
4. Bontempelli - Big challenge with the stars Kelly, Selwood, Danger and at time Ablett in the middle - and Bont was the biggest star of all of them. Biggest in the big moments.
3. Naughton - match winning last quarter.
2. McLean - thought he was enormous and clean under pressure all night. Keeping his feet in that 1 on 3 late - was possibly match saving.
1. Johannisen - in great form. His touches have a huge impact.

Its criminal that I've left out Hunter, Macrae, Lloyd and Duyrea.

azabob
07-07-2019, 12:33 PM
4. Bontempelli - clean up his goal kicking and becomes in the top three players in the comp.
3. Naughton - Kept us in it early with his goal kicking and stood up in the last when required.
2. Lloyd - Was involved all game. Kicked three clutch goals. 1 right on half time, 1 when he wasn't expecting the handball from Richards in the third and then the one to seal the game. IMO a very underrated game.
1. Hunter - If he can remove the few lazy kicks from his game, he goes up another level.

Twodogs
07-07-2019, 12:48 PM
4. Bontempelli - Big challenge with the stars Kelly, Selwood, Danger and at time Ablett in the middle - and Bont was the biggest star of all of them. Biggest in the big moments.
3. Naughton - match winning last quarter.
2. McLean - thought he was enormous and clean under pressure all night. Keeping his feet in that 1 on 3 late - was possibly match saving.
1. Johannisen - in great form. His touches have a huge impact.

Its criminal that I've left out Hunter, Macrae, Lloyd and Duyrea.

In all seriousness I only realised that Kelly was playing when they mentioned him at half time.

4. Bontempelli - clean up his goal kicking and becomes in the top three players in the comp.
3. Naughton - Kept us in it early with his goal kicking and stood up in the last when required.
2. Lloyd - Was involved all game. Kicked three clutch goals. 1 right on half time, 1 when he wasn't expecting the handball from Richards in the third and then the one to seal the game. IMO a very underrated game.
1. Hunter - If he can remove the few lazy kicks from his game, he goes up another level.

That was a cracking goal from Lloyd when he took that unexpected handball from Ed in the third. It would have been easy for him to panic or to try and get it off or try to step around opponents until it was impossible to actually shoot it and we all would have shrugged our shoulders anmd said "oh well, it was a bit hot to get a handball there" but Lloyd kept his head and kicked the goal.

Jeanette54
07-07-2019, 12:54 PM
4. Bontempelli
3. Macrae
2. Dunkley
1, Naughton

2. Dunkley
1. Naughton

It was good to see that the boot studder and property steward continued the good form they showed against Port last week.

ratsmac
07-07-2019, 01:08 PM
I waited to do my votes to watch the replay after seeing the game live last night because I knew it was going to be hard.

4. Bontempelli- definitely our best. Made mistakes at times but was so influential in the final result. If he kicked straight he would be talked about as the Brownlow favourite.

3. Naughton- when he is on he is an excitement machine. His movement in the forward line was spot on. Movement will draw the player with the ball eyes.

2. Hunter- he was in everything and used the ball well all night.

1. Macrae- Mr reliable. Just keeps getting the ball and putting his head over it as well.

2. Naughton
1. Dunkley- unlucky not to get in my top 4. This kid is a very good player.

Grantysghost
07-07-2019, 01:15 PM
4. Bontempelli
3. Naughton
2. Lloyd
1. Hunter

2. Naughton
1. Dunkley

Hotdog60
07-07-2019, 01:24 PM
I waited to do my votes to watch the replay after seeing the game live last night because I knew it was going to be hard.

4. Bontempelli- definitely our best. Made mistakes at times but was so influential in the final result. If he kicked straight he would be talked about as the Brownlow favourite.

3. Naughton- when he is on he is an excitement machine. His movement in the forward line was spot on. Movement will draw the player with the ball eyes.

2. Hunter- he was in everything and used the ball well all night.

1. Macrae- Mr reliable. Just keeps getting the ball and putting his head over it as well.

2. Naughton
1. Dunkley- unlucky not to get in my top 4. This kid is a very good player.

Not knocking your vote as Hunter did play very well and took the TV. But I couldn't give him a vote myself because of some turn overs through game that he does quite often and his slow movement when he needs to be quicker. Maybe that the limitation he has on his kicking. In his interview he said he owned the coach a couple that he turned over.
But this is just me and he did a lot towards the win.

Ozza
07-07-2019, 01:24 PM
In all seriousness I only realised that Kelly was playing when they mentioned him at half time.

That was a cracking goal from Lloyd when he took that unexpected handball from Ed in the third. It would have been easy for him to panic or to try and get it off or try to step around opponents until it was impossible to actually shoot it and we all would have shrugged our shoulders anmd said "oh well, it was a bit hot to get a handball there" but Lloyd kept his head and kicked the goal.
Not sure how you missed him! Was best on ground to quarter time and kicked the first goal of the game and I'd hazard a guess was their leading clearance player.

Bullies
07-07-2019, 03:38 PM

That was a cracking goal from Lloyd when he took that unexpected handball from Ed in the third. It would have been easy for him to panic or to try and get it off or try to step around opponents until it was impossible to actually shoot it and we all would have shrugged our shoulders anmd said "oh well, it was a bit hot to get a handball there" but Lloyd kept his head and kicked the goal. You will notice on the replay that Lloyd calls for it.

dadsgirl16
07-07-2019, 11:13 PM
4.Bonti
3.Macrae
2.Naughton
1.Lloyd

2.Naughton
1.Bailey Smith

Apologies to Lachie and Dunks but my goodness those turnovers soooooo frustrating

Dry Rot
08-07-2019, 01:16 AM
4. Naughton
3. Hunter
2. Bont
1. Lloyd

2. Naughton
1. Dunks

LostDoggy
08-07-2019, 11:28 PM
4. Marcus Bontempelli - just the Bont
3. Toby McLean - tearing through packs all night
2. Bailey Williams - sure footed all night
1. Jason Johannisen - great run and carry all night
Apologies to just about everyone else but thought a lot of others did too many simple kicks to opposition.

2. Josh Dunkley
1. Aaron Naughton

Twice Bitten
09-07-2019, 12:10 PM
4 Bont
3 Naughton
2 Hunter
1 Dunkley

2 Naughton
1 Dunkley

AshMac
09-07-2019, 06:49 PM
Not knocking your vote as Hunter did play very well and took the TV. But I couldn't give him a vote myself because of some turn overs through game that he does quite often and his slow movement when he needs to be quicker. Maybe that the limitation he has on his kicking. In his interview he said he owned the coach a couple that he turned over.
But this is just me and he did a lot towards the win.

Fair call and each to their own, but the whole team turned the ball over for 2 quarters.

GVGjr
09-07-2019, 09:40 PM
Voting closed