PDA

View Full Version : The Run Home Rounds 17-23 2019

The Doctor
10-07-2019, 10:31 AM
With 7 rounds to go here is an analysis on the run down to the finals for the remaining contenders. In ladder order at the completion of round 16

1. Geelong 12/3

Draw: Saints (H) Hawks (MCG) Swans (A) Freo (A) Roos (H) Lions (A) Carl (H)

Medical: No major long term injuries. Cockatoo soon to resume

Recent form: have lost 2 of their last 3 to teams fighting for a finals spot, Port and the mighty & brilliant Bulldogs.

Only play 1 current top 8 side, the Lions at the Gabba, on the run home. They have a relatively soft draw although 3 interstate away games against teams still in contention could ask a few questions of them. I think they have a soft underbelly so it wouldn’t surprise me if they drop a few. But with this draw and easily the best percentage expect them to still finish on top or at least top 2. Yuk!

2. West Coast Eagles 11/4

Draw: Coll (H) Melb (A) North (H) Carl (A) Adel (H) Rich (A) Hawks (H)

Medical: Duggan & Vardy out for the medium term. Venables uncertain.

Recent form: have won 8 of their last 9

They are starting to look ominous and are the team to beat. They play 3 of the current top 8. Two of them, Pies & Crows, are in questionable form. The rest won’t give them nightmares. Natanui is back. Top 2 for sure. Unless the Bulldogs put the 2016 band back together then they will need thick padding for their backsides.

3. Collingwood 10/5

Draw: WCE (A) GWS (A) Rich (H) Suns (H) Melb (MCG) Adel (A) Ess (H)

Medical: Howe, Langdon, Wells, Beams, Reid & Dunn are on the indefinite/unavailable list.

Recent form: have lost 3 of their last 5 to teams contending (Freo, North, Hawks)

The next 3 rounds will probably dictate their prospects as they play top 6 teams, 2 of them interstate. Then they face the Crows away & meet 2 other rival teams. They have injury & form worries. Will be tough to hang on to a top 4 spot. BTW! Who fell asleep at the AFL to give them 3 away games in the last part of the season? Whoever he is, he’s a dead man walking if they fail.

4. Brisbane 10/5

Draw: Port (A) North (H) Hawks (A) Dogs (H) Suns (H) Cats (H) Rich (A)

Medical: practically a clean bill of health (Dogs! Hire the guy responsible)

Recent form: have won 4 from their last 5. The one loss was to Carlton but made a statement by beating GWS away last round. (loved it, I had an extra beer!)

Chris Fagan has brought the Hawthorn intel to Brisbane. This team of youthful exuberance, are firing well. They have no injuries and ready to play finals again. They have a challenging draw for an inexperienced finals team but on current form should hold their ground. If they swap their jumpers for the brown and yellow vertical stripes they will win the premiership.

5. GWS 9/6

Draw: Rich (A) Coll (H) Port (A) Swans (H) Hawks (H) Dogs (H) Suns (A)

Medical: Ward is out for the season. Kelly, De Boer and Patton are out for at least a few weeks. Several fringe players are out likewise. Hard to find this info. Perhaps they want us to think everyone is fit and the sky is orange. Pewk!

Recent form: Have lost 3 of their last 4 (Adel, Ess, Lions). Isn’t that great?

Having had to go firstly to the Pies website for info, I then had to endure going to the website of these flogs to analyse their prospects for this year. The things I do for you people! Don’t you love the cushy draw to finish their season of 3 home games followed by a weekend in the sun their Dad gave them? I hate them & so should you.

6. Richmond 9/6

Draw: GWS (H) Port (H) Coll (MCG) Melb (MCG) Carl (H) WCE (H) Lions (H)

Medical: Rance for the season is the big one. Nankervis should come back.

Recent form: Have won their last 2 to easy beats but lost previous 3 to contenders.

Have a tough run home playing 5 of their last 7 games v teams currently in the 8. This includes 3 of the top 4 as it stands. They will be comforted by the fact that all their remaining games are at the MCG. Isn't that nice of the AFL?

7. Port 8/7

Draw: Lions (H) Rich (A) GWS (H) Ess (A) Swans (H) North (A) Freo (H)

Medical: Harder to find than GWS injury list.

Recent form: they just seem to go WLWLWLWLWL

First thing I noticed when I went to the Port site was an article about how their youngsters had re-signed. There is a pic of these youngsters with their signatures emblazoned on their photos but it looks more like pre school scrawl. Do youngsters know how to write anymore or is this what happens when you go to Port? They have 3 tough games coming up against top 6 sides followed by games vs teams that could still be in contention. Won’t be easy for these pre-schoolers

8. Adelaide 8/7

Draw: Suns (A) Ess (H) Carl (A) Saints (H) WCE (A) Coll (H) Dogs (A)

Medical: Doedee (season) & Lynch for the short term.

Recent form: lost last 2 badly but had 3 good wins in a row prior.

They have 4 very winnable games coming up which should set them up for a finals berth as they could go to 12/7. Finish with 3 tough assignments. If they don’t make it it’s there own fault!

9. Essendon 8/7

Draw: North (H) Crows (A) Suns (A) Port (H) Dogs (H) Freo (A) Coll (MCG)

Medical: Daniher & Bellchambers are long term

Recent form: have won 4 of their last 5

Only play 1 top 4 team on the run home. Most other games are against middle tier teams. Not a scary draw especially if any of the middle tier teams drop off. This week’s game v North could be defining. I won't be happy if they make the finals, just saying.

10. North Melb 7/8

Draw: Ess (A) Lions (A) WCE (A) Hawks (H) Cats (A) Port (H) Melb (Tas)

Medical: Hall & Jacobs headline a lengthy list of players out indefinitely. Higgins will miss a few.

Recent form: have won 5 of their past 6

Have been in sparkling form since they got rid of their coach. They have a tough run home though starting with Bombers this week and play 3 of the top 4 sides. They have a lengthy injury list so their depth will be tested. If they make it to the finals it could be the story of the season.

11. Fremantle 7/8

Draw: Hawks (A) Swans (H) Dogs (A) Cats (H) Saints (H) Ess (H) Port (A)

Medical: I had to watch a video for this info. I’m not that dedicated!

Recent form: Have lost their past 3 games incl stinkers v Melb & Carlton

The draw isn’t unkind to them but they seem to be unkind to themselves. Freo are weird. They will probably beat us coz that’s what they do.

12. Bulldogs 7/8

Draw: Melb (H) Saints (Marvel) Freo (H) Lions (A) Ess (H) GWS (A) Crows (H)

Medical: Wallis & Morris are back in VFL, Libba is close, Daniel a few weeks away

Recent form: we have won 3 of our last 4

The great wins v Cats & Port have set us up for possibly a thrilling finish to the season. We have 5 very winnable games & our list is in good shape. Tough away games to Lions & GWS could be defining and we need to boost our percentage. Smashing Melb this week by 140 points will help!

The following teams still have a mathematical chance

13. Hawthorn 6/9

Draw: Freo (H) Cats (MCG) Lions (H) North (A) GWS (A) Suns (H) WCE (A)

As they say “No Wingard, No Hawthorn!” Also no Mitchell & Roughead is old.

14. Sydney 6/9

Draw: Carl (H) Freo (A) Cats (H) GWS (A) Port (A) Melb (A) Saints (H)

They should play Allir Allir at Full forward

15. Saints 6/9

Draw: Cats (H) Dogs (A) Melb (H) Crows (A) Freo (H) Carl (A) Swans (A)

It all depends on when they decide to get rid of their coach!

16. Melbourne 5/10

Draw: Dogs (A) WCE (H) Saints (A) Rich (H) Coll (H) Swans (H) North (A)

It all could depend on when they decide to get rid of their coach! They should swap coaches with the Saints.

Twodogs
10-07-2019, 11:02 AM
Great stuff Doc. I'm just about to go out for the day but I will reply with some analysis when I get back.

LostDoggy
10-07-2019, 02:02 PM
That’s a bloody intelligent post with heartfelt giggles along the way. Such an interesting run home for all, if we navigate the next three as we should and get 2 of the remaining four... well it seems we only do fairytales.. Flag from 8th? Maybe 9th if Essendum can do something.. dum.

Geelong and west coast top 2 will make a difficult assignment for any other team to get to the GF.

merantau
10-07-2019, 04:41 PM
I really appreciate the work you put into this. And the pithy comments 're opposition teams. Thanks.

1eyedog
10-07-2019, 05:33 PM
We have to take one of Port's (7th) or the Cow's (8th) spot. Port have the slightly harder run home but it might even come down to round 23 at the Rat against the Cow's that decides it. Richmond play all remaining games at the MCG? Interesting. Need to win the next three first obviously then we'll be in a far more informed position to assess whether we'll can have a crack at finals.

Of course we could just win all of them to guarantee it.

Go_Dogs
10-07-2019, 08:24 PM
I suspect we will play off against the Crows for a spot in the 8 in the final round.

Would be glorious to beat them and cement a spot.

merantau
10-07-2019, 09:28 PM
I suspect we will play off against the Crows for a spot in the 8 in the final round.

We simply must win that game and pants them in the process.

Bumper Bulldogs
10-07-2019, 09:34 PM
[QUOTE=Would be glorious to beat them and cement a spot.[/QUOTE]

It will be.......glorious to beat them and cement a spot.

bornadog
10-07-2019, 10:16 PM

I wish the AFL wouldn't stuff around with the last round, considering every one gets the week off.

Eastdog
10-07-2019, 10:18 PM
I wish the AFL wouldn't stuff around with the last round, considering every one gets the week off.

Yes no need now for a floating fixture with the week off before the start of the final series.

AshMac
12-07-2019, 10:00 AM
Great post mate, really good read.

It’s a real shame someone will get promoted rather that fired for putting the tigers last 7 games at the G.

So much horses*** about equalisation.

The Doctor
15-07-2019, 03:42 PM
This is an update from OP.

So with now only 6 rounds to go here is an analysis on the run down to the finals for the remaining contenders. In ladder order at the completion of round 17.

1. Geelong 13/3

Draw: Hawks (MCG) Swans (A) Freo (A) Roos (H) Lions (A) Carl (H)

Medical: Apparently Ablett limped off for 10 minutes, poor bloke.

Recent form: they are doing a Port and going WLWL. Has Dalhaus kicked a goal yet?

Only play 1 current top 8 side, the fire breathing Robinsons, at the Gabba on the run home. Are now 2 games & healthy percentage clear on top. But the Dogs exposed all their weaknesses!

2. Collingwood 11/5

Draw: GWS (A) Rich (H) Suns (H) Melb (MCG) Adel (A) Ess (H)

Medical: Moore has done a hammy. Pendlebury a finger. Langdon, Wells, Beams, Reid & Dunn are on the indefinite/unavailable list. Might get Howe & Adams back.

Recent form: big win away over WCE last start. Indifferent form before that

Two big games coming up to determine if they are a genuine top 4 team. I’m still scratching my head as to how they ended up with 3 interstate away games in the last 7 rounds. Yet Richmond finished with 7 home games. Seriously heads are going to roll.

3. Brisbane 11/5

Draw: North (H) Hawks (A) Dogs (H) Suns (H) Cats (H) Rich (A)

Medical: Hipwood TBC. Expecting Adams here at any minute.

Recent form: have won 5 from their last 6.

On fire the Lions and playing like a top 4 side. They could even afford to rest Hodge. Who would have thought that not so long ago!

4. West Coast Eagles 11/5

Draw: Melb (A) North (H) Carl (A) Adel (H) Rich (A) Hawks (H)

Medical: Natanui possibly for the season. Duggan & Vardy out for the medium term. Venables uncertain.

Recent form: Slipped up at home v Pies last start but won 8 of their previous 9

Despite dropping from 2nd to 4th they are still the team to beat unless Natanui is unable to restrain his friendly fire. He collided with McGovern and caused him discomfort. That’s what the report on the AFL site said.

5. Richmond 10/6

Draw: Port (H) Coll (MCG) Melb (MCG) Carl (H) WCE (H) Lions (H)

Medical: Rance (season). Nankervis should come back.

Recent form: Starting to flex their muscle. Have won their last 3.

Still play 3 of the top 4 as it stands but they are all at the MCG. Who said the AFL aren’t nice? Collingwood that’s who!

6. GWS 9/7

Draw: Coll (H) Port (A) Swans (H) Hawks (H) Dogs (H) Suns (A)

Medical: Ward & now maybe Coniglio for the season. Kelly, De Boer and Patton are out for at least a few weeks.

Recent form: Have lost 4 of their last 5. That’s even better than last week when I reported they had lost 3 of their last 4.

Are the walls crumbling down? I wonder if they realise that the Bulldogs are now only 1 win behind them?

7. Adelaide 9/7

Draw: Ess (H) Carl (A) Saints (H) WCE (A) Coll (H) Dogs (A)

Medical: Doedee (season) & Lynch for the short term. Oh and apparently Riley Knight looked stunned. I wonder if he needs to be managed?

Recent form: smashed the mighty Suns but lost last 2 badly prior.

Big game at home this week v Bombers. Is it the battle of the great pretenders? Some talk they would drop Eddie last week. Surely not? We’ll have him

8. Essendon 9/7

Draw: Crows (A) Suns (A) Port (H) Dogs (H) Freo (A) Coll (MCG)

Recent form: have won 5 of their last 6 without Daniher and a ruckman. What are they on this time?

The form team of the comp along with Brisbane and the mighty Bulldogs. Only play 1 top 4 team on the run home. Most other games are against middle tier teams. Not a scary draw especially if any of the middle tier teams drop off. Beat Crows & Suns they will 11 & 7 and in good shape.

9. Port 8/8

Draw: Rich (A) GWS (H) Ess (A) Swans (H) North (A) Freo (H)

Medical: too hard

Recent form: they just seem to go WLWLWLWLWL

They just keep going WLWL which I found fascinating. Apparently it has been like that since they won the premiership in 2004.

10. Bulldogs 8/8

Draw: Saints (Marvel) Freo (H) Lions (A) Ess (H) GWS (A) Crows (H)

Medical: McLean joins the injury list, Libba & Daniel hopefully not too far

Recent form: we have won 4 of our last 5 and the rest of the comp are getting very nervous.

Dogs are right back in this. Tough away games to Lions & GWS could be defining. Having scraped over the line v Carlton & now Melbourne, thank God we aren’t playing the Suns on the way home.

The following teams still have a mathematical chance

11. Hawthorn 7/9

Draw: Cats (MCG) Lions (H) North (A) GWS (A) Suns (H) WCE (A)

Have to beat the Cats to have any chance. But if they don’t they still have Clarko!

12. North Melb 7/9

Draw: Lions (A) WCE (A) Hawks (H) Cats (A) Port (H) Melb (Tas)

Will be tough from here with big games v Lions & WCE both away and a growing injury list. There is every chance that despite their great recent form they could still lose most of their remaining games. Will they still think Rhys Shaw is a genius then?

13. Fremantle 7/9

Draw: Swans (H) Dogs (A) Cats (H) Saints (H) Ess (H) Port (A)

A few weeks ago they were 7-5 and eying off the top 4. They have since lost 4 winnable games but Ross says he’s doing a great job. So he must be!

14. Sydney 6/10

Draw: Freo (A) Cats (H) GWS (A) Port (A) Melb (A) Saints (H)

I said last week they should play Allir Allir at Full Forward and they didn’t listen and look what happened. Serves them right. The Horse may not have bolted but the Swans are nothing more than ugly ducklings

15. Saints 6/10

Draw: Dogs (A) Melb (H) Crows (A) Freo (H) Carl (A) Swans (A)

Please don’t get rid of the coach this week

16. Melbourne 5/11

Draw: WCE (H) Saints (A) Rich (H) Coll (H) Swans (H) North (A)

Sorry Dees it’s all over. Doggies made sure of it. More chance of claiming the spoon than a finals berth.

bornadog
15-07-2019, 03:47 PM
I have us winning Saints, Freo, Essendon and Crows, and we sneak in at 8th

angelopetraglia
15-07-2019, 05:42 PM
If we can just get the job done in the next two weeks .... which we should do on form that would give us a real crack. Five wins a row would do wonders for the teams confidence and belief. Get that done. Then reset. Who knows what can happen then!

comrade
15-07-2019, 06:01 PM
Have we ever won 5 in a row with Bevo at the helm?

Great thread, btw.

hujsh
15-07-2019, 06:18 PM

Great thread, btw.

Does finals +round 1 the next year count?

azabob
15-07-2019, 06:26 PM

Great thread, btw.

We won four in a row once.... late 2016

Twodogs
15-07-2019, 07:42 PM
We won four in a row once.... late 2016

And late in 2017 too. Up until we lost to Port at Ballarat.

Webby
15-07-2019, 07:46 PM
And late in 2017 too. Up until we lost to Port at Ballarat.

Jake Stringer’s last game for the club. A game in which he came in totally under prepared and pinged his hammy early in the first quarter. Cost us dearly and that was the last straw for Beveridge.

comrade
15-07-2019, 08:04 PM
Jake Stringer’s last game for the club. A game in which he came in totally under prepared and pinged his hammy early in the first quarter. Cost us dearly and that was the last straw for Beveridge.

I was with a couple of mates and we said in the warm up that Stringer wouldn’t see out the day.

Twodogs
15-07-2019, 08:19 PM

I was with a couple of mates and we said in the warm up that Stringer wouldn’t see out the day.

I was there but I don't remember Jakey being there.

westdog54
15-07-2019, 08:20 PM
I have us winning Saints, Freo, Essendon and Crows, and we sneak in at 8th

I had us winning those and still missing on %.

Twodogs
15-07-2019, 08:22 PM

Yeah but when it comes to footy BAD is a bit delusional like me.

angelopetraglia
15-07-2019, 09:11 PM

Great thread, btw.

In 2015 we won four games in a row twice. In 2016 we won four games in a row :) ... We also won four games in a two in late 2017. Technically we did win six in a row (across two seasons) as we won the first two games of the 2017 season.

angelopetraglia
15-07-2019, 09:17 PM
How was this row of four wins in 2015 ....

R17 Magpies Marvel Win 104-86
R18 Bombers Marvel Win 127-40
R19 Power Marvel Win 128-64
R20 Demons Marvel Win 153-55

Win the last three in that sequence by 87, 64 and 98 (scoring 120+ and holding the opposition under 65 in each game.)

We then go to Perth with lots of confidence. We had won 8 of our last 9 with the only loss being to the Cats on their home deck by 8 points.Then this happens!!!

R21 Eagles Domain Loss 85-162

Webby
15-07-2019, 09:20 PM
I was there but I don't remember Jakey being there.

Yep, he did it right next to the bench and was whisked straight off, never to be seen in Dogs colours again.
He had one touch.

Twodogs
15-07-2019, 10:03 PM

Footy is all about supporting the boys!

bornadog
15-07-2019, 10:04 PM

I didn't muck around with percentage, but it does depend on who you had winning other games.

Ozza
15-07-2019, 11:00 PM
Yep, he did it right next to the bench and was whisked straight off, never to be seen in Dogs colours again.
He had one touch.

Was only 5 weeks after he did the same v Carlton in round 17. Didn't train during the week as a result of getting the ridiculous tattoo on his chest and too sore to train - but we felt we needed to play him at the time as we were struggling and had injuries - and he was off before quarter time v the blues at the G.

jeemak
17-07-2019, 01:50 AM

He had one touch.

In which way was he under-prepared for the Port game? He played the week prior against GWS, but didn't have any impact...….

Was only 5 weeks after he did the same v Carlton in round 17. Didn't train during the week as a result of getting the ridiculous tattoo on his chest and too sore to train - but we felt we needed to play him at the time as we were struggling and had injuries - and he was off before quarter time v the blues at the G.

What a dickhead. I remember the club being annoyed that he got the tattoo during the season, but wasn't aware doing so stopped him from training. Not having ever gotten a tattoo I didn't realise that was a thing.

comrade
17-07-2019, 08:37 AM
In which way was he under-prepared for the Port game? He played the week prior against GWS, but didn't have any impact...….

I don't know about his preparation, it was just clear in the warm up that he was half assing it & we all agreed that because he was a bit of pea heart and it was a terrible day for footy, he wouldn't see much action.

The Pie Man
17-07-2019, 11:47 AM
I don't know about his preparation, it was just clear in the warm up that he was half assing it & we all agreed that because he was a bit of pea heart and it was a terrible day for footy, he wouldn't see much action.

He was interviewed post match by Cam Mooney a couple of weeks ago after he'd kicked a few goals off the ground and admitted he didn't have confidence in his body to stay right and wouldn't bend down to pick up the ball hence the soccer action.

Was probably only half joking about not bending over etc....but even half serious would have to be a concern.

The Doctor
20-07-2019, 11:37 AM
If we knock over Saints we put our destiny this season back in our own hands rather than having to rely on other teams.

Essendon beating Adelaide was a great result for us and so will Collingwood beating GWS today if it happens. that will put Dogs, Crows & GWS equal at 9/8 with Ess just ahead at 10/7.

We play Ess, GWS & Crows in the last 3 games.

Bulldog4life
20-07-2019, 12:54 PM
If we knock over Saints we put our destiny this season back in our own hands rather than having to rely on other teams.

Essendon beating Adelaide was a great result for us and so will Collingwood beating GWS today if it happens. that will put Dogs, Crows & GWS equal at 9/8 with Ess just ahead at 10/7.

We play Ess, GWS & Crows in the last 3 games.

Yes much better Doc when it is only up to us to keep winnning...most of the games...rather to get in relying on others losing each week. Those last 3 games are very interesting.

BornInDroopSt'54
20-07-2019, 04:30 PM
The good news about our low percentage is that every win will improve it, even a one point win. We will get a chance to put away a team and we could overhaul Essendon's percentage.

1eyedog
20-07-2019, 07:42 PM
Adelaide is our huckleberry.

ledge
20-07-2019, 07:52 PM
Pies didn’t turn up, that hurt.

Eastdog
20-07-2019, 08:04 PM
I’m just going to take it one game at a time now. We just need to keep getting the wins on the board.

Twodogs
20-07-2019, 10:11 PM
Pies didn’t turn up, that hurt.

It could have been worse. We could have been that telephone that Bucks smashed into a million pieces!

ledge
21-07-2019, 03:09 PM
It could have been worse. We could have been that telephone that Bucks smashed into a million pieces!

I see a serious drop off coming from the pies and it all started after he didn’t respect us and didn’t respect his own players.
I don’t think the players are that keen on him as they could be.

jeemak
21-07-2019, 05:06 PM
I see a serious drop off coming from the pies and it all started after he didn’t respect us and didn’t respect his own players.
I don’t think the players are that keen on him as they could be.

It's hard to tell, given they just pulled off an awesome win in WA the week prior. Not sure how cooked they were after that, but tough ask doubling up with GWS the next week.

Eastdog
21-07-2019, 09:58 PM
Going to be very tough now. Need to win all our games to have any chance. The candle is pretty much out.

Ghost Dog
21-07-2019, 10:26 PM
Not sure we deserve it! The players seemed very lacking in self-belief. There were some glimmers. I liked Roarke Smiths confidence to break through the lines early on.

The Doctor
23-07-2019, 04:47 PM
So with now only 5 rounds to go here is the run down to the finals for the remaining contenders. In ladder order at the completion of round 18.

1. Geelong 13/4

Draw: Swans (A) Freo (A) Roos (H) Lions (A) Carl (H)

Medical: Need some handbag repairs but otherwise ok

Recent form: Have lost 3 of their past 5

Hardly playing like ladder leaders or premiership favourites. Probably best to have their slump now than in September

2. Brisbane 12/5

Draw: Hawks (A) Dogs (H) Suns (H) Cats (H) Rich (A)

Medical: Expecting Adams here at any minute.

Recent form: have won 6 from their last 7.

Don't blame the umps for giving them a match winning free kick. They were equally dudded moments earlier when Norf looked like they were going to win from a dodgy free kick.

3. West Coast Eagles 12/5

Draw: North (H) Carl (A) Adel (H) Rich (A) Hawks (H)

Medical: Natanui for the season.

Recent form: Slipped up at home v Pies last start but won 8 of their previous 9

Have an easier run home than the Lions. Should finish with a home final

4. Collingwood 11/6

Draw: Rich (H) Suns (H) Melb (MCG) Adel (A) Ess (H)

Medical: Moore has done a hammy. Pendlebury a finger. Langdon, Wells, Beams, Reid & Dunn are on the indefinite/unavailable list.

Recent form: have lost 3 of their past 5. Great win over WCE previous round but very indifferent form recently.

Big game vs the in form Tigers this week. Lose & they could blow the double chance

5. Richmond 11/6

Draw: Coll (MCG) Melb (MCG) Carl (H) WCE (H) Lions (H)

Medical: Rance & Higgins (season). Nankervis should come back.

Recent form: Have won their last 4.

Need to beat Collingwood this week to be a top 4 threat as they still have big games v WCE & Lions still to come.

6. GWS 10/7

Draw: Port (A) Swans (H) Hawks (H) Dogs (H) Suns (A)

Medical: Ward & Coniglio for the season. Kelly, De Boer and Patton possibly back soon

Recent form: Have lost 4 of their last 6. Beat Pies last round

Don't you hate it when the 2 teams you hate the most play each other & give you the result you hate the most. I guess thats why they are hated the most!

7. Essendon 10/7

Draw: Suns (A) Port (H) Dogs (H) Freo (A) Coll (MCG)

Recent form: have won 6 of their last 7

The form team of the comp & this week they have the mighty Suns. I guess that makes it 11/7

8. Adelaide 9/8

Draw: Carl (A) Saints (H) WCE (A) Coll (H) Dogs (A)

Medical: Doedee (season) & Lynch for the short term.

Recent form: Have lost 3 of their past 4. the win was against the Suns. Does that still count?

Face the in form Blues & Saints in the next 2 rounds. Lose those & their could be riots in Adelaide

Still have a chance thanks to Adelaide

9. Port 8/9

Draw: GWS (H) Ess (A) Swans (H) North (A) Freo (H)

They are falling off the pace & have GWS this week and is a must win game for them

10. Hawthorn 8/9

Draw: Lions (H) North (A) GWS (A) Suns (H) WCE (A)

Tough run home but still a chance

11. Fremantle 8/9

Draw: Dogs (A) Cats (H) Saints (H) Ess (H) Port (A)

Lyon is in the mix to coach any team except Freo if you believe the rumours! Please don't sack him this week!

12. Bulldogs 8/9

Draw: Freo (H) Lions (A) Ess (A) GWS (A) Crows (H)

With the doorway to the finals open wide we stumble over the welcome mat like a drunken old man & bump our head knocking ourselves out in the process before we get in. Had to beat Saints, now have to beat Freo and then we have 3 tough away games.

Still in it Mathematically

13. North Melb 7/10

Draw: WCE (A) Hawks (H) Cats (A) Port (H) Melb (Tas)

Probably ends this week in WA. May still have a part in shaping the finals

14. Saints 7/10

Draw: Melb (H) Crows (A) Freo (H) Carl (A) Swans (A)

Still in it thanks to us. Your welcome. Actually no you're not.

15. Sydney 6/11

Draw: Cats (H) GWS (A) Port (A) Melb (A) Saints (H)

Nup

* Should I add the Blues here!!

Go_Dogs
24-07-2019, 01:34 PM
Thanks Doc.

I’m out of the country so missed the game on Sunday, but we really blew our shot. Not too concerned though, the sides we’ve lost to indicate we aren’t a contender and another top 8 draft pick will be useful.

hujsh
24-07-2019, 03:30 PM
Thanks Doc.

I’m out of the country so missed the game on Sunday, but we really blew our shot. Not too concerned though, the sides we’ve lost to indicate we aren’t a contender and another top 8 draft pick will be useful.

Yeah the last few weeks gave us some hope but Sunday was a real reality check on where we’re at. We aren’t up to finals.

The Adelaide Connection
27-07-2019, 12:55 PM
You know what would be really satisfying?
1) Watching Carlton beat Adelaide this week + 2) Watching Carlton win a few more and the Crows lose the last five = only a small ladder gap between them so Adelaide’s “genius” trade falls flat on it’s face.

Adelaide were high-fiving each other earlier in the year and publicly stating they couldn’t sign the papers fast enough (when they were flying and the Blues were on bottom). The smugness from friends and the general public has been unbearable.

As much as I don’t love Carlton, them winning the last 5 to overtake Adelaide would be hilarious.

The Doctor
27-07-2019, 01:00 PM
1) Watching Carlton beat Adelaide this week + 2) Watching Carlton win a few more

No it won't!

I've got $50 riding on the Bulldogs finishing higher on the ladder than the Blues.

Bulldog Joe
27-07-2019, 02:04 PM
No it won't!

I've got $50 riding on the Bulldogs finishing higher on the ladder than the Blues.

You should be ok.
Beat Freo this week and Adelaide last round is nearly enough for your $50 even if Carlton go on a run.

bornadog
28-07-2019, 09:22 PM
We must keep winning, but Adelaide has to drop one.

Adelaide's last 4
R20: St Kilda @ Adelaide Oval
R21: West Coast @ Optus Stadium
R22: Collingwood @ Adelaide Oval
R23: Western Bulldogs @ Mars Stadium

bulldogtragic
28-07-2019, 09:33 PM
We must keep winning, but Adelaide has to drop one.

Adelaide's last 4
R20: St Kilda @ Adelaide Oval
R21: West Coast @ Optus Stadium
R22: Collingwood @ Adelaide Oval
R23: Western Bulldogs @ Mars Stadium

Give them the home games of Saints & Collingwood. Not WCE & Dogs.

Give us Crows, Essendon & one of Giants or Brisbane.

I'm not confidant. Hopeful, but not confidant. Those loses at home to GCS & Carlton will be the difference I fear.

MrMahatma
28-07-2019, 10:04 PM

I'm not confidant. Hopeful, but not confidant. Those loses at home to GCS & Carlton will be the difference I fear.

They could very well get put to the sword by WC.

Bulldog4life
29-07-2019, 10:58 AM

I reckon Collingwood will beat Adelaide. Then we will finish them off. They are so slow.

Go_Dogs
29-07-2019, 11:44 AM
My post last Monday hasn’t aged well already...Brisbane are due a loss and we should be up for the challenge.

MrMahatma
29-07-2019, 01:48 PM
Hopefully the Saints beat the Crows. Not out of the question

LostDoggy
30-07-2019, 02:21 AM
1) Watching Carlton beat Adelaide this week + 2) Watching Carlton win a few more and the Crows lose the last five = only a small ladder gap between them so Adelaide’s “genius” trade falls flat on it’s face.

Adelaide were high-fiving each other earlier in the year and publicly stating they couldn’t sign the papers fast enough (when they were flying and the Blues were on bottom). The smugness from friends and the general public has been unbearable.

As much as I don’t love Carlton, them winning the last 5 to overtake Adelaide would be hilarious.

I couldn’t agree more, the most entitled and unreasonably smug club and fans. Carlton’s win sent shockwaves through 5AA and the crowvertiser. ;)

Bulldog4life
30-07-2019, 11:02 AM
We are only 8 games off winning another premiership. Just got to keep on winning and we are home. :)

The Doctor
30-07-2019, 10:12 PM
So with now only 4 rounds to go here is the run down to the finals for the remaining contenders. In ladder order at the completion of round 19.

1. Geelong 14/4

Draw: Freo (A) Roos (H) Lions (A) Carl (H)

Medical: Might get Cockatoo back

Recent form: Have lost 3 of their past 5

Hardly playing like ladder leaders or premiership favourites. Probably best to have their slump now than in September. This is what I said last week and I'm repeating myself this week.

2. West Coast Eagles 13/5

Draw: Carl (A) Adel (H) Rich (A) Hawks (H)

Medical: Natanui & Venables for the season.

Recent form: have won 4 of their last 5

Should finish with a home final. I hope they beat the Blues this week as it will assure me $50 in a bet

3. Brisbane 13/5

Draw: Dogs (H) Suns (H) Cats (H) Rich (A)

Medical: Stuff all. Have had the least injuries of any team this season.

Recent form: have won their last 6.

3 big matches against top teams and the big rivalry game vs the Suns. Can they keep it going?

4. Richmond 12/6

Draw: Melb (MCG) Carl (H) WCE (H) Lions (H)

Medical: Rance & Higgins for the season. Cotchin to miss a few.

Recent form: Have won their last 5.

Mark my words. They want to finish 4th (not ninth). That way they could play at the MCG all the way to the Granny.

5. GWS 11/7

Draw: Swans (H) Hawks (H) Dogs (H) Suns (A)

Medical: Ward & Coniglio for the season. Kelly a week away and they make me sick.

Recent form: getting back into form with 2 on the trot.

Battle for the Bridge this week. I really think thats stupid. GWS are in the west and probably don't know where the bridge is. Swans heartland is in the east and for sure won't know where GWS is. The bridge joins north with south. GWS named their B&F medal after the bloke who thought of that idea. Must be a Victorian. Thats COZ GWS have no history, soul, or personnel worthy of the honour.

6. Collingwood 11/7

Draw: Suns (H), Melb (MCG), Crows (A), Ess (MCG)

Medical: Beams, Dunn, Langdon for the season. Aish, Stephenson, Wells up to 4 weeks, Moore for a couple.

Recent form: have lost 4 of their past 5. have dropped from 4th to 6th

Sing it "Jelly on a plate. Jelly on a plate. Wibble Wobble Wibble Wobble. Jelly on a plate" Now sing it in the voice of Mathias Cormann.

7. Essendon 11/7

Draw: Port (H) Dogs (H) Freo (A) Coll (MCG)

Medical: Daniher & Smith are for the season, possibly Hurley.

Recent form: have won 7 of their last 8. How?

They only beat the Suns because the last 1/4 kept going til they hit the front. AFL want them in the finals of course!

NOBODY WANTS 8TH SPOT EXCEPT CARLTON

8. Adelaide 9/9

Draw: Saints (H) WCE (A) Coll (H) Dogs (A)

Medical: Doedee (season)

Recent form: Have lost 4 of their past 5.

Anyone know whats going on in Adelaide? They are keeping everyone else below them interested.

Still have a chance thanks to Adelaide

9. Bulldogs 9/9

Draw: Lions (A) Ess (A) GWS (A) Crows (H)

We lost to Saints thats why we are not in the 8. We also lost to Suns, Blues, Norf when they were hopeless. Thats why we're not 5th.

10. Port 8/10

Draw: Ess (A) Swans (H) North (A) Freo (H)

It's not the worst draw but they seem to be imploding

11. Hawthorn 8/10

Draw: North (A) GWS (A) Suns (H) WCE (A)

Apparently they are throwing Tom Boyd type deals to everyone. Won't help them this year.

12. Fremantle 8/10

Draw: Cats (H) Saints (H) Ess (H) Port (A)

Thank you Freo for not sacking your coach last week. Please now feel free to do so.

13. Saints 8/10

Draw: Crows (A) Freo (H) Carl (A) Swans (A)

The smokey for 8th. Beat the Crows and they are right in it. Better give them a priority pick.

Still in it Mathematically but you need a good Mathematician

14. North Melb 7/11

Draw: Hawks (H) Cats (A) Port (H) Melb (Tas)

Nup! Have they gone off Rhys Shaw now the honeymoon is over? If they are having doubts and looking elsewhere they will note Ratten looks the goods for the Saints job. Teague likewise at Carlton. They could go for Malthouse! Or maybe a younger coach with experience. Like Brad Scott. LOL Norf!

bornadog
31-07-2019, 12:06 AM
Essendon have only beaten one team above them, GWS. GWS should have won that game, lost by a goal after kicking way too many behinds.

Axe Man
31-07-2019, 12:31 PM
Sing it "Jelly on a plate. Jelly on a plate. Wibble Wobble Wibble Wobble. Jelly on a plate" Now sing it in the voice of Mathias Cormann.

I tried but I think I'm sounding more Arnold Schwarzenegger than Mathais Cormann.

bornadog
31-07-2019, 01:00 PM
I tried but I think I'm sounding more Arnold Schwarzenegger than Mathais Cormann.

This will help you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSoRNm7w33M

Twodogs
31-07-2019, 01:27 PM
Economic gurleeeeyyy boys...

The Doctor
05-08-2019, 10:35 AM
Only 3 rounds to go here is the run down to the finals for the remaining contenders. In ladder order at the completion of round 20.

1. Geelong 14/5

Draw:Roos (H) Lions (A) Carl (H)

Medical: We're getting close to September. They are assembling a search party for Gary Rohan.

Recent form: Have lost 4 of their past 6

Is this the worst no.1 team since North Melbourne 1983? I think we should apply the Mathias Cormann "Jelly on a Plate" tribute to the Cats this week.

2. West Coast Eagles 14/5

Draw: Adel (H) Rich (A) Hawks (H)

Recent form: have won 5 of their last 6

WCE owe the Bulldogs a favour by beating the Crows this week. After all it was us who derailed Geelong's season.

3. Brisbane 14/5

Draw: Suns (H) Cats (H) Rich (A)

Medical: Zorko in doubt

Recent form: have won their last 7.

A big percentage booster against the Suns possibly coming up in the league's most anticipated rivalry match. A real ratings bonanza for the AFL. 2nd spot is theirs for the taking.

4. Richmond 13/6

Draw: Carl (H) WCE (H) Lions (H)

Medical: Rance & Higgins for the season. Cotchin to miss a few.

Recent form: Have won their last 6.

If they win their last 3 they could pinch 2nd, maybe even 1st. They will wallop Carlton this week and I will win $50. That is the only good thing I can say about them. Actually, there is one other. Footscray beat both Richmond & Carlton in the last 2 rounds of 1973. They both still played in the Grand final and we of course missed the finals. but we still beat them. So stick that in your collective pipes & smoke it any Tigers or Blues fans who may be reading this.

5. GWS 12/7

Draw: Hawks (H) Dogs (H) Suns (A)

Medical: Ward & Coniglio for the season. Kelly, Cameron & De Boer could be back this week .

Recent form: 3 in a row.

They will think they are a chance for the top 4. it's a good thing the teams above them are in good nic

6. Collingwood 12/7

Draw: Melb (MCG), Crows (A), Ess (MCG)

Medical: Beams, Dunn, Langdon for the season. Aish, Stephenson, Wells up to 4 weeks, Moore for a couple. Maybe Cox

Recent form: have lost 4 of their past 6.

Ask any toothless Magpies supporter & they will tell you they should be premiership favourites. Back in the real world they have a lot of injuries and the currrent top 4 are starting to look safe.

7. Essendon 11/8

Draw: Dogs (H) Freo (A) Coll (MCG)

Medical: Daniher & Smith are for the season, possibly Hurley. Bellchambers & Heppell are doubtful

Recent form: have won 7 of their last 9. last game was a howler v Port

Lucky to beat Suns & smashed by Port. They have a lot of injuries. Their last 3 games are tricky. Suddenly looking vulnerable. Woohoo!

8. Adelaide 10/9

Draw: WCE (A) Coll (H) Dogs (A)

Recent form: Have won their last 1. But lost 4 of their previous 5.

It's all rosy again in Adelaide & everyone loves everyone until this weekend when WCE beat them up and everybody will hate everybody again and all will be normal again.

Still have a chance thanks to Adelaide & now maybe Essendon

9. Port 9/10

Draw: Swans (H) North (A) Freo (H)

"Show it to em Sydney, show em your the Swans. Show em your the winners. Get up where you belong." I worked at the SCG during the Edelsten era. how much I hated that song. It's etched in memory and comes back to haunt me sometimes at night and I wake up in a cold sweat. But I will sing it with pride if the Swans win this week.

10. Bulldogs 9/10

Draw: Ess (A) GWS (A) Crows (H)

It's perfectly simple beat these 3 and we make the finals so long as WCE beat Adelaide & Collingwood beat Adelaide & Essendon. Then Freo does a Freo & pull one out of the hat & beat Essendon. Then Port loses one but not to Freo. got that?

11. Fremantle 9/10

Draw: Saints (A) Ess (H) Port (A)

How are they still in the race? Three winnable games makes them this week's smokey for the finals. Ross is a genius.

It's Not Over til It's Over but It's Nearly Over

12. Hawthorn 8/11

Draw: GWS (A) Suns (H) WCE (A)

Can't see it. Can you? Wouldn't it be great if they beat GWS & WCE but lost to the Suns?

13. North 8/11

Draw: Cats (A) Port (H) Melb (Tas)

Great fighting spirit by Norf. Can still have an influence the next 2 weeks. If they beat Port I'll send them a Xmas card.

14. Saints 8/11

Draw: Freo (H) Carl (A) Swans (A)

Can't see it here either. Still could win all 3 & just miss. oh never mind.

LostDoggy
06-08-2019, 05:38 AM
Recent form: Have won their last 1. But lost 4 of their previous 5.

It's all rosy again in Adelaide & everyone loves everyone until this weekend when WCE beat them up and everybody will hate everybody again and all will be normal again.

Bahahaha you must live in Adelaide. Cockahoop.

6,7 and 8 are just making up the numbers now, unless dogs do a 2016.

Bumper Bulldogs
11-08-2019, 06:09 PM
Bahahaha you must live in Adelaide. Cockahoop.

6,7 and 8 are just making up the numbers now, unless dogs do a 2016.

Buckle yourself in as here we come. I’ve just done my tips and the ladder predictior has us finishing in eight spot. When I did the final series and by my workings we will play Geelong in the Grand final.

azabob
11-08-2019, 06:27 PM
Buckle yourself in as here we come. I’ve just done my tips and the ladder predictior has us finishing in eight spot. When I did the final series and by my workings we will play Geelong in the Grand final.

Who do we play during the finals?

Happy Days
11-08-2019, 06:43 PM

Impossible.

No way do Geelong win two finals.

The Doctor
11-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Only 2 rounds to go and there are still 10 teams in it and another 3 who might think they are still in it! The AFL will be thrilled as most of the teams fighting for 7th & 8th will be playing each other in the last 2 rounds along with Top 4 sides jousting with each other. It's all happening folks!

1. Geelong 15/5

Draw: Lions (A) Carl (H)

Medical: Apparantly Dangerfield had a concern. Hope he's ok. Did he need crutches this time?

Recent form: WLWLW

We will find out if they are the real deal for the premiership when they travel to the Gabba to face the red hot Lions. 1st place is on the line.

2. Brisbane 15/5

Draw: Cats (H) Rich (A)

Medical: Nothing, not even Adams

Recent form: 8 straight

2 big matches against top 4 contenders coming up and all have a chance at top spot or at least top 2. Lions will not want to drop this one.

3. West Coast Eagles 15/5

Draw: Rich (A) Hawks (H)

Recent form: have won 6 of their last 7

Despite doing us a favour and knocking off the Crows they slip from 2nd to 3rd. Serves themselves right for not belting them and boosting their own percentage and decimating Adelaide's in the process. Flogs! Could slip to 4th if Tigers do a job on them.

4. Richmond 14/6

Draw: WCE (H) Lions (H)

Medical: Rance & Higgins for the season. Cotchin could be back.

Recent form: Have won their last 7.

They play fellow top 4 contenders WCE & Lions in the final 2 rounds. Both at home. Lucky devils. The best thing the teams that finish 5-8th can hope for is that all these top 4 teams playing each other beat the living snot out of each other.

5. Collingwood 13/7

Draw: Crows (A), Ess (MCG)

Medical: Beams, Dunn, Langdon for the season. Aish, Stephenson, Wells, Moore, Cox have their concerns

Recent form: have won their last 2. Not in hot form.

Collingwood are our unlikely allies for the next 2 weeks as they play our top 8 rivals Crows & Bombers. We want them to win both don't we? So be nice to them and offer your support. I will do so by not mentioning Mathias Cormann and his vibble vobbles, nor will I crack jokes about Eddie & his mate Josh Frydenberg which I really wanted to do. I will also not describe their supporters as toothless feral inbreds that resemble the banjo player in the movie Deliverence. Finally I promise not to call Pendles Captain Feathersword like I did this weekend. Thats true. He came in to my place of work and I didn't quite recognise him and I said to my colleague "that guy looks like Captain Feathersword, you know the dude in Pirates of the Caribbean". He said "you mean Captain Jack Sparrow?" I said "Oh yeah, LOL". BUT IF THEY LOSE THE DEAL IS OFF! But if they do their bit and we do ours their reward could be they play us in the first week of the finals!

6. GWS 12/8

Draw: Dogs (H) Suns (A)

Medical: Ward & Coniglio for the season. Hopper has a hammy & Deledio is TBC in case you didn't know.

Recent form: They don't like snow do they.

I hope Bevo takes Clarko out for lunch this week. They are overdue. If not I hope it snows again. It shouldn't worry the Giants as they can have some time in the Sun the following week to thaw out.

7. Essendon 11/9

Draw: Freo (A) Coll (MCG)

Medical: Daniher & Smith are for the season, possibly Hurley & Bellchambers

Recent form: shit

The Bombers are this week's winner of the Mathias Cormann medal for having the vibble vobbles. The medal is a plate of disgusting green jelly. The talkback radio after the Bulldogs thrashing was fantastic. Their supporters want Wooshas head on a stick. They want to bring back James Hird lol. Please let it be true. But why stop there? Bring back Bomber as well and dust of Sheeds. They will need all the help they can get as they face Freo in Perth & the mighty Pies and their army of articulate, good looking and well dressed barrackers in the last 2 rounds.

8. Port 10/10

Draw: North (A) Freo (H)

Form: Getting better.

Two weeks ago they were rioting and now they are celebrating. Footy is a fickle business. That's not a scary last 2 rounds for a finals aspirant. But it is Port. They are like the weather and can change at any moment.

9. Adelaide 10/10

Draw: Coll (H) Dogs (A)

Recent form: Have lost 4 of their past 6

If the Pies beat the Crows in Adelaide this week I will listen to Eddie's breakfast show for a week or wear Joffas gold jacket

10. Bulldogs 10/10

Draw: GWS (A) Crows (H)

Wow Dogs. Wouldn't we all love to see us do to these 2 what we did to the Bombers. It's all on the line now but we still need some luck to go our way.

They Still Think They're a Chance

11. Hawthorn 9/11

Draw: Suns (H) WCE (A)

Thank you for beating up GWS for us

12. Fremantle 9/11

Draw: Ess (H) Port (A)

Will be kicking themselves for losing to St Kilda. A bit like us really.

13. Saints 9/11

Draw: Carl (A) Swans (A)

They are like that annoying fly that won't go away.

Bumper Bulldogs
13-08-2019, 12:17 PM
Ok I see we have a few doubters with my predictions for this year. Currently the ladder sits as
1- Geelong
2- Bris vagus
3- West Coke
4- Richmond
5- Colliewobbles
6- GWS
7- Injectors
8- Port
9- Crows
10- Dogs

This weeks games are below, Ive bolded out my winners
Mel v Syd
Blues v Saints
Bris v Geel
Crows v Pies
North v Port
Freo v Essendon
Rich v Eagles
GWS V Dogs

Last Round
Pies v Essendon
Swans v Saints
North v Melb
Cats v Blues
Suns v GWS
Eagles v Hawks
Dogs v Crows
Tigers v Lions
Freo v Port

This makes the final 8 as
Geelong, West Coke, Richmond, Brisbane, Collingwood, GWS, Port, Doggies

Finals Week 1
Geelong v Lions
Pies v Dogs
GWS v Port
Eagles v Richmond

Week 2
Brisbane v Doggies
Richmond v Port

Week 3
Geelong v Richmond
West Coke v Doggies

Grand Final
Cats v Doggies

Do you dear to dream?

Bulldog Joe
13-08-2019, 12:25 PM
Ok I see we have a few doubters with my predictions for this year. Currently the ladder sits as
1- Geelong
2- Bris vagus
3- West Coke
4- Richmond
5- Colliewobbles
6- GWS
7- Injectors
8- Port
9- Crows
10- Dogs

This weeks games are below, Ive bolded out my winners
Mel v Syd
Blues v Saints
Bris v Geel
Crows v Pies
North v Port
Freo v Essendon
Rich v Eagles
GWS V Dogs

Last Round
Pies v Essendon
Swans v Saints
North v Melb
Cats v Blues
Suns v GWS
Eagles v Hawks
Dogs v Crows
Tigers v Lions
Freo v Port

This makes the final 8 as
Geelong, West Coke, Richmond, Brisbane, Collingwood, GWS, Port, Doggies

Finals Week 1
Geelong v Lions
Pies v Dogs
GWS v Port
Eagles v Richmond

Week 2
Brisbane v Doggies
Richmond v Port

Week 3
Geelong v Richmond
West Coke v Doggies

Grand Final
Cats v Doggies

Do you dear to dream?

If you are going to dream like that I think you need some refinement.

Get Brisbane over Geelong and Richmond over West Coast in 1st week and our run would be

Collingwood V Doggies week 1
Geelong V Doggies week 2
Richmond V Doggies week 3

and West Coast v Doggies GF

That way we don't need to travel and we can all get to the G each week and cheer them on.

bornadog
13-08-2019, 01:10 PM
Wouldn’t be surprised if Freo win the last two rounds

1eyedog
13-08-2019, 01:59 PM
That's OK we need the Pies to beat Adelaide and Essendon to lose both (which they will) and even if we drop this one we can beat the Crows and slide into eighth. I don't think Freo can beat North at Marvel.

comrade
13-08-2019, 02:07 PM
Make sure you stretch appropriately, going to be plenty of rooting the next two weeks.

Bulldog4life
13-08-2019, 02:09 PM
Make sure you stretch appropriately, going to be plenty of rooting the next two weeks.

I'm tired thinking about it.

Bumper Bulldogs
13-08-2019, 02:50 PM

Get Brisbane over Geelong and Richmond over West Coast in 1st week and our run would be

Geelong V Doggies week 2

That way we don't need to travel and we can all get to the G each week and cheer them on.

I still think I'm on the money,

Also Geelong are a bit of a boggie team for us (Yes i know we beat them not long ago) so better to meet them on the last week in September.

1eyedog
13-08-2019, 03:19 PM

Geelong V Doggies week 2

That would be amazing.

Bulldog Joe
13-08-2019, 04:04 PM
I still think I'm on the money,

Also Geelong are a bit of a boggie team for us (Yes i know we beat them not long ago) so better to meet them on the last week in September.

I would be ecstatic to beat them any week after round 23.

The Doctor
18-08-2019, 03:01 PM
Adelaide moved back into the 8 after being thrashed by 10 goals.

Don't think I've ever seen that before

Bumper Bulldogs
18-08-2019, 04:05 PM
A win today against GWS and we are finals bound. Im very confident about this.

Twodogs
18-08-2019, 04:32 PM
Adelaide moved back into the 8 after being thrashed by 10 goals.

Don't think I've ever seen that before

Only on alphabetical order though given they are tied with Port on points and %. I know Ive never seen that before.

bornadog
18-08-2019, 07:57 PM
A win today against GWS and we are finals bound. Im very confident about this.

Lets finish off the H&A with a solid win against the Crows.

Bumper Bulldogs
18-08-2019, 08:04 PM
Lets finish off the H&A with a solid win against the Crows.

Strap yourself in. These boys will to all the way. No side will be more damaging in September than us. I don’t know what’s changed but after the mid year break it’s been a different playing group.

Rocket Science
18-08-2019, 08:21 PM
Strap yourself in. These boys will to all the way. I side will be more damaging in September than us. I don’t know what’s changed but after the mid year break it’s been a different playing group.

We're 7-and-3 after the bye.

I got very uppity about that until I noticed Brisbane are undefeated in the same span.

Still ...

bornadog
18-08-2019, 08:31 PM
Strap yourself in. These boys will to all the way. I side will be more damaging in September than us. I don’t know what’s changed but after the mid year break it’s been a different playing group.

We changed our defensive setup and stopped the leaking of goals. We should have done better against Saints, and Lions in the first quarters, but adjusted.

Eastdog
18-08-2019, 08:34 PM
Win next week here comes September!

Bumper Bulldogs
18-08-2019, 08:35 PM
We changed our defensive setup and stopped the leaking of goals. We should have done better against Saints, and Lions in the first quarters, but adjusted.

I’m happy but not sure that’s correct. Our tackling has gone up, efficiently with the ball has improved and goal kicking . I’m not sure if it a coincidence but we are all not questioning the selections like we were the first half of the season

bornadog
18-08-2019, 08:49 PM
I’m happy but not sure that’s correct. Our tackling has gone up, efficiently with the ball has improved and goal kicking . I’m not sure if it a coincidence but we are all not questioning the selections like we were the first half of the season

In the first 11 rounds we kicked 888 points, but conceded 1001. Since then we have kicked 801 points (10 games), but conceded only 657 points. This is really telling on how our defense all over the ground (including tackling) has improved

The Adelaide Connection
19-08-2019, 01:03 AM
Only on alphabetical order though given they are tied with Port on points and %. I know Ive never seen that before.

Adelaide are actually slightly ahead on percentage. They are 102.988 to Port's 102.975

jeemak
19-08-2019, 01:37 AM
In the first 11 rounds we kicked 888 points, but conceded 1001. Since then we have kicked 801 points (10 games), but conceded only 657 points. This is really telling on how our defense all over the ground (including tackling) has improved

That's a massive turnaround. We let St Kilda get away from us a bit and the Lions as well, but for the most part it's been really good post the bye.

jeemak
19-08-2019, 01:46 AM
We're 7-and-3 after the bye.

I got very uppity about that until I noticed Brisbane are undefeated in the same span.

Still ...

They've played five of those games at a genuine home ground and won all of them. We've played seven of the ten at a ground shared by pretty much everyone which is technically our home ground, importantly winning two of the three away games at genuine opposition home grounds.

Full credit to them, they've won on the road against St Kilda, GWS, Port, Hawthorn and Carlton which is a great effort. Plus they almost beat Fremantle in Perth.

I don't know why but they seem like they're able to be beaten, especially due to their huge reliance on Charlie Cameron.

The Doctor
19-08-2019, 01:11 PM
It's the final round of the season. 1 more!

1. Brisbane 16/5

Draw: Rich (A)

Medical: Nothing

Recent form: 9 straight

Top spot on the line for the Lions this week v Richmond at the MCG. A big ask against arguably the premiership favourite. Great win over the Cats. I thought they lacked poise in the last 1/4 but they found a way. Great stuff.

2. Geelong 15/6

Draw: Carl (H)

Medical: Clark & Rohan short term

Recent form: WLWLWL

Didn't handle the heat in the last 1/4 when the game was on the line. Have a tricky assignment with the rejuvenated Blues at their home ground GVBHBOBA stadium of whatever it's called these days. Let's call it Alphabet Stadium. If they can't roll the Blues at home with a top 2 place on the line then my advice would be to follow the lead of one of their own players, Gary Rohan, and not show up in September.

3. West Coast Eagles 15/6

Draw: Hawks (H)

Recent form: have won 6 of their last 8

Despite the narrow loss to the Tigers they would be feeling confident of their September chances. Still the team to beat in my opinon. Doubt they will drop the Hawks game especially at home with a top 2 chance still available.

4. Richmond 15/6

Draw: Lions (H)

Medical: Rance & Higgins for the season. Cotchin should be back for the finals.

Recent form: Have won their last 8.

A great win over WCE and now face top side the Lions. Guess where??? The MCG of course! A great test for both sides. Could still sneak a top 2 spot if Cats and Eagles falter. I think they would love to play the Cats in the first round of the finals at guess where? The MCG of course!

5. Collingwood 14/7

Draw: Ess (MCG)

Medical: Beams, Dunn, Langdon, Cox for the season. Aish, Stephenson, Wells, Moore, still have their concerns

Recent form: have won their last 3

Pies did the job on Adelaide as was so politely requested last week in this thread. Thank You Pies! But not sure whether their form in belting the Crows was due to their excellence or the Crows being pitiful. I hope it was the latter. Does anyone care who wins between Pies v Ess anymore?

6. GWS 12/9

Draw: Suns (A)

Medical: Ward & Coniglio for the season. Hopper & Patton doubtful.

Recent form: 2 beltings in a row.

This week's winner of the Mathias Cormann Award for having the vibble vobbles. LOL.

7. Essendon 11/10

Draw: Freo (A) Coll (MCG)

Medical: Daniher, Smith, Stewart, Guelfi are for the season, possibly Hurley & Bellchambers

Recent form: 1 win in a row. it was vs Freo (does that still count?)

Last week Worsfold said about the Bombers "that's not who we are" so by beating Freo does that mean they are now who they think they are? if they are then who were they last week? My view is they channelled the Romanian soccer team from the 1998 world cup who decided to bleach their hair blonde (much like the current Bombers line up) when they progressed from the group stage into the knock out stage. Getting a bit ahead of themselves perhaps. Romania were promptly knocked out.

8. Bulldogs 11/10

Draw: Crows (H)

Medical: Libba & English should both be back for finals

We couldn't be in better shape and Crows probably couldn't be in worse shape. We have no excuses now. GO DOGGIES.

9. Hawthorn 10/11

Draw: WCE (A)

Would probably love to play anyone but WCE away for this game.

10. Adelaide 10/11

Draw: Dogs (A)

They need to beat the Hot Dogs by a few goals. Then hope Hawks don't win & Port don't win by more than them.

11. Port 10/11

Draw: Freo (H)

Port v Freo. The battle of the 2 weirdest teams in the AFL. This could be entertaining.

ledge
20-08-2019, 11:34 PM
Incredible last round, why the hell would Adelaide and us be played at Ballarat ever is beyond me.

bornadog
20-08-2019, 11:35 PM
Incredible last round, why the hell would Adelaide and us be played at Ballarat ever is beyond me.

Because we play interstate teams at Ballarat

The Doctor
22-08-2019, 11:52 PM
Out: B.Zerk-Thatcher, D.Zaharakis (ankle), D.Heppell (foot), J.Stringer soreness), Z.Clarke (bone stress), O.Fantasia (hip)

These are the Essendon outs folks. I think their tanking. Stringer - soreness FFS. Did he get another tat?

AshMac
23-08-2019, 09:01 AM
When fully fit - does Libba come straight back in?

Bulldog Joe
23-08-2019, 11:20 AM
Out: B.Zerk-Thatcher, D.Zaharakis (ankle), D.Heppell (foot), J.Stringer soreness), Z.Clarke (bone stress), O.Fantasia (hip)

These are the Essendon outs folks. I think their tanking. Stringer - soreness FFS. Did he get another tat?

Absolutely they are tanking.
Theyb have declared they don't wish to go out of Melbourne to lose a final. They prefer to do that at home where their sycophants can sympathise with them.

They also probably assess that there best chance of actually winning a final is against Collingwood after they have made Collingwood feel that they just need to turn up to win the Elimination final.

whythelongface
23-08-2019, 12:44 PM
When fully fit - does Libba come straight back in?

Good question. Probably not at this stage. The only likely out would be Will Hayes but it is not like for like. Someone will also need to make way for Dickson (assuming we win).

whythelongface
23-08-2019, 12:46 PM
Absolutely they are tanking.
Theyb have declared they don't wish to go out of Melbourne to lose a final. They prefer to do that at home where their sycophants can sympathise with them.

They also probably assess that there best chance of actually winning a final is against Collingwood after they have made Collingwood feel that they just need to turn up to win the Elimination final.

Essendon and winning finals is an oxymoron. Remind me how long it has been since they have won a final....I heard the other day it has been 15 years. Long may this continue.

Bulldog Joe
23-08-2019, 01:29 PM
Essendon and winning finals is an oxymoron. Remind me how long it has been since they have won a final....I heard the other day it has been 15 years. Long may this continue.

Yes 15 years and counting.

It is also 51 years since their last final's win coached by anyone other than Kevin Sheedy.

I think they should re-instate Sheedy as coach. I'm sure that would work. (At least as well as anything else they have tried)

Happy Days
23-08-2019, 07:30 PM
Don't really see how this is any different to when other clubs (including us) rested players before a guaranteed finals place in previous seasons to be honest.

comrade
23-08-2019, 07:31 PM
Don't really see how this is any different to when other clubs (including us) rested players before a guaranteed finals place in previous seasons to be honest.

Yeah but it’s Essendon.

**** them.

Eastdog
23-08-2019, 08:55 PM
https://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2019-08-23/finals-possibilities-every-scenario-explained

Finals possibilities: Every scenario explained
Aug 23, 2019 3:03PM

The situation is simple. If we win, we’re in.

But, there are a number of factors that could come into play this weekend around the Bulldogs and a potential finals berth.

Friday night

Collingwood v Essendon @ MCG
This match carries a few possibilities.
If the Bombers win, they will definitely finish above the Dogs – making eighth the likely spot for the Bulldogs if they can overcome Adelaide.
A Bombers loss – and a Bulldogs win – would see the Bulldogs move to seventh, pending the result of the Giants-Suns clash.
In terms of the Magpies, if they win, a top-four finish remains a possibility – pending the outcome of the Tigers-Lions and Eagles-Hawks match.
A Magpies loss would see them finish fifth.

Saturday night

Gold Coast Suns v GWS Giants @ Metricon Stadium
The Giants are strong favourites to rebound with a win against the Suns on the Gold Coast.
A Giants win would secure them sixth spot on the ladder.
But – if the Suns win, and by a substantial margin, the Bulldogs could leapfrog them on percentage with a big win against the Crows the following day.
It’s an unlikely proposition, but remains mathematically possible.

West Coast Eagles v Hawthorn @ Optus Stadium
If the Hawks win, they will leapfrog the Bulldogs on percentage and be in the top eight come Saturday night.
That means the Bulldogs will have to win on Sunday to play finals.
But if the Hawks lose to the Eagles, that will end their finals aspirations.
An Eagles win would guarantee them a top-four finish – however if they lose, they could slip to fifth if the Pies beat the Bombers and the Tigers beat the Lions.

Sunday

Western Bulldogs v Adelaide @ Mars Stadium
Win, and we’re in.
Hypothetically heading into round 23, fifth or sixth could yet be any of West Coast, Richmond, Collingwood, GWS Giants or Essendon.
Lose – and depending on the margin, and the Hawks-Eagles result – we may still be a chance.
If the Bulldogs lose, and the Hawks lose to the Eagles, it will come down to percentage on Sunday.
The Crows can leapfrog the Bulldogs on percentage, if they win by roughly four goals.
But if that doesn’t occur, the Bulldogs will hold onto eighth spot – ahead of the Power-Freo clash, where Bulldogs fans would be hoping the Dockers can cause an upset.

Richmond v Brisbane @ MCG
In the scheme of things, this match is only important if the Bulldogs win.
It could impact who finishes fifth, and a potential elimination final.
If the Tigers lose – and the Pies win on Friday night – it’s more than likely the Tigers will finish fifth pending a big Hawks win over the Eagles.

Port Adelaide v Fremantle @ Adelaide Oval
This match only comes into the equation if the Bulldogs don’t overcome the Crows.
If that occurs – and the Crows haven’t overtaken the Bulldogs on percentage, and the Hawks haven’t beaten the Eagles – Bulldogs fans will be eagerly watching the outcome of this game
Port’s percentage is 103, compared to the Bulldogs’ 105.6 heading into round 23.
It could get very, very tight if the Power-Freo clash is a close one.

1eyedog
23-08-2019, 09:13 PM
Bomber have come to play. Reckon we can take Collingwood.

Twodogs
23-08-2019, 10:32 PM

I reckon it's because we are much better at retaining the ball and kicking it to blokes wearing the same jumper. Because we can keep the ball we leak far less goals in red time (and even kick a few of our own as the opposition tire toward the end of quarters and don't want to chase us as hard) which was a huge problem earlier in the season (and last season for that matter) Guys like Duryea and Crozier and JJ being in good form and confident in their ability to hit up targets off half back have helped a lot in our turn around.

Retaining the ball helps us to control the tempo of the game when we need a breather too.

They've played five of those games at a genuine home ground and won all of them. We've played seven of the ten at a ground shared by pretty much everyone which is technically our home ground, importantly winning two of the three away games at genuine opposition home grounds.

Full credit to them, they've won on the road against St Kilda, GWS, Port, Hawthorn and Carlton which is a great effort. Plus they almost beat Fremantle in Perth.

I don't know why but they seem like they're able to be beaten, especially due to their huge reliance on Charlie Cameron.

I thin they might run into the same problem we had in 2008-10 in that we were a fantastic home and away team that could find enough to get over the top of most teams in the H&A season but tended to fall apart in the extra pressure of finals. Brisbane have a good back six but the whole team has to defend in finals but Brisbane are a couple of years off being able to do that.