PDA

View Full Version : Three things you have learned-round 17 v Melbourne 2019

Twodogs
14-07-2019, 12:50 PM
It's that time again. Tell us three things that you have learned today.

GVGjr
14-07-2019, 06:18 PM
Bump

bulldogtragic
14-07-2019, 07:15 PM
1. If we just simply won against GCS and Carlton at our home ground, we'd be equal fifth on the ladder right now.
2. Dunks ceiling is, well, even higher than I thought and I thought it was huge.
3. After watching more of Rhylee West, I want to see him at the next level now.

bornadog
14-07-2019, 07:56 PM
1. Duryea is better than I thought - great pickup
2. Those shots at goal are still haunting us and were almost costly in the end.
3. Bont down and almost out, Dunkley steps up as the match winner

Ghost Dog
14-07-2019, 08:06 PM
1. Our back 6 is really well organised now, for longer parts of the game. Credit to Cordy, Easton and Crozier. Trengrove made a few errors but still played a roll for which we don't quite have a replacement. If they continue to bring that every game, we will be hard to beat each week.
2. Lacking players to take accurate set shots outside 50.
3. Naughton's desire to attack and take the game on lifts everyone around him. Swung back in defence late game, very useful player. Surprised to see him run so far up the ground at times. Really helps out a lot and shows initiative.

Nuggety Back Pocket
14-07-2019, 08:54 PM
1. The mid field of Dunks Bont Macrae Hunter and B Smith has turned us into a competitive unit
2. The 2 pronged attack of Naughton and Schache and Lloyd’s consistency has help lift an ordinary attack in recent years
3. Duryea was an outstanding defender today

ratsmac
14-07-2019, 09:03 PM
1. Schache can hit contests hard and lay tackles. Love it. He is growing right before our eyes.

2. Duryea and Lloyd were two very smart pick ups for us. Especially with our age profile. It's moneyball type stuff.

3. A win is a win but if we are serious about making finals we need to play better than that. Although winning ugly hopefully will galvanised the group.

westdog54
14-07-2019, 09:04 PM
1. Sydney *!*!*!*!ed up big time. Dunks is an absolute beast.
2. A time will come where Sam Power is held in higher regard than the JMac/Dalrymple team that built our premiership team. Duryea, Lloyd, Crozier, all brought in under his watch.
3. It's time for another Son-of-a-gun to enter the fray. Rhylee is ready.

BornInDroopSt'54
14-07-2019, 09:36 PM
1 Bont is all too human. He has a negative attitude with those misses, fearing them.
2. Roarke Smith was the opposite with his chances knowing they can be simple.
3. Dunkley has big shoulders and big character. Wish we'd got his bro too.

westbulldog
14-07-2019, 09:46 PM
Whoever updates the Footscray VFL website is perpetually asleep at the wheel.
1.8 and a couple out of bounds on the full in a quarter against a good team will result in a loss.
Bailey Smith's appetite for the contest is not too shabby for an 18yo.

Vred
14-07-2019, 11:48 PM
1. Roarke Smith can kick goals
2. Bailey Smith needs to be signed long term, kid is a complete gun in the mid
3. Our shots at goal still need improving, we should of had them in the third but ended up kicking way to many behinds

SonofScray
14-07-2019, 11:56 PM
1. Roarke is a decent set shot from 35m - 40m out. He has given birth to a new fan club in Bay 18: The Raucous Caucus.
2. Bailey Dale and Rhylee West are putting the heat on the last two picked.
3. Doc is helping shape the back 6 into a more settled, miserly defence.

AshMac
15-07-2019, 09:22 AM
1. Bonts impact on games is so much more than when he gets a lot of it. He went down in the 10th minute and demons dominated play for the remainder of second quarter. We got back on top from 3rd when he came back on
2. Angus Brayshaw body language was disgusting. For a bloke that came 3rd in the brownlow last year it’s as big a fall from grace as I’ve seen
3. Hate Melbourne. Can’t stand them, would have been nice to be 8-1 rather than 1-8 in the 3rd qtr

Mantis
15-07-2019, 09:30 AM
1/ Dunkley is a beast!.. we might be in a stronger position if he wasn’t stupidly played as a forward-mid in the early rounds.

2/ We are improving, but there are still lots of holes in our line-up.

3/ I wasn’t a fan of getting Duryea, but he’s been solid.

Ozza
15-07-2019, 10:30 AM
1/ Dunkley is a beast!.. we might be in a stronger position if he wasn’t stupidly played as a forward-mid in the early rounds.

2/ We are improving, but there are still lots of holes in our line-up.

3/ I wasn’t a fan of getting Duryea, but he’s been solid.

If we got Harris Andrews from Brisbane - I'd be very confident about 2020!

The Underdog
15-07-2019, 10:43 AM

Not sure he’s going to walk out of there based on their current rate of improvement but we definitely need key defender depth and small forwards who can provide pressure.

Ozza
15-07-2019, 11:09 AM
Not sure he’s going to walk out of there based on their current rate of improvement but we definitely need key defender depth and small forwards who can provide pressure.

Yep, don't at all think we can get Andrews. But he'd be the first player I'd go for if we had our pick.

hujsh
15-07-2019, 11:29 AM
Yep, don't at all think we can get Andrews. But he'd be the first player I'd go for if we had our pick.
We were nice enough to give them Adams. Least they could do is send over Andrews.

1eyedog
15-07-2019, 11:52 AM

How is this even a thing?

1/ I love the disappointment on opposition supporters faces in a tight lost almost as much as winning = sadist.

2/ Nathan Jones just refuses to release the ball ever and never, ever gets pinged.

3/ Sam Lloyd, Taylor Duryea and Hayden Crozier have been exceptional signings.

Axe Man
15-07-2019, 01:14 PM
2/ Nathan Jones just refuses to release the ball ever and never, ever gets pinged.

That was frustrating the hell out of me yesterday. Bont gets pinging with no prior yet every time tough stickers Jones gets it he appears to fall into a comatose state and just stands there or falls to the ground with zero intent or effort to dispose of the ball.

Twodogs
15-07-2019, 01:43 PM
That was frustrating the hell out of me yesterday. Bont gets pinging with no prior yet every time tough stickers Jones gets it he appears to fall into a comatose state and just stands there or falls to the ground with zero intent or effort to dispose of the ball.

Jones has got shit tattoos too.

Ghost Dog
15-07-2019, 01:48 PM
Come on. I like Nathan Jones. What a battler. His head is the the shiny hood ornament that always stands out on that misfiring club. About the only thing that resembles blue collar effort at that place.

bornadog
15-07-2019, 01:50 PM
We were nice enough to give them Adams. Least they could do is send over Andrews.

But Adams wanted to go home ........... oh wait

Danjul
15-07-2019, 02:11 PM
1. Our back 6 is really well organised now, for longer parts of the game. Credit to Cordy, Easton and Crozier. Trengrove made a few errors but still played a roll for which we don't quite have a replacement. If they continue to bring that every game, we will be hard to beat each week.

They have done a great job. We have not kicked more than 10 goals in any of the last 4 games and yet have 3 wins (could have been 4).

Mantis
15-07-2019, 02:26 PM
But Adams wanted to go home ........... oh wait

Adams wanted a fresh start.

bornadog
15-07-2019, 02:39 PM
Adams wanted a fresh start.

you do realise I was joking.

Has had a great start with Lions, 10 disposals in two games. ;)

whythelongface
15-07-2019, 04:16 PM
1. We can win even when we play ordinary and don't convert our chances. Don't like it but it is good to get over the line in those types of games. It is history and a win...next.

2. Dunkley is much much better than i thought. At the start of the year was hoping he would be our most improved. He has blown that out of the water. He is a beast.

3. We have picked up smart footballers in Duryea, Crozier and Lloyd. They are all starting to have some serious impact on the team.

Ozza
15-07-2019, 04:29 PM
1. We can win even when we play ordinary and don't convert our chances. Don't like it but it is good to get over the line in those types of games. It is history and a win...next.

2. Dunkley is much much better than i thought. At the start of the year was hoping he would be our most improved. He has blown that out of the water. He is a beast.

3. We have picked up smart footballers in Duryea, Crozier and Lloyd. They are all starting to have some serious impact on the team.
Dunks won the most improved last year....going back to back most improved would be unheard of!! And he was a premiership player at 18!

whythelongface
15-07-2019, 04:41 PM
Dunks won the most improved last year....going back to back most improved would be unheard of!! And he was a premiership player at 18!

ok he won't get the club award for most improved but he is still our most improved player this year. He will end up in the top 3 of the B & F.

bornadog
15-07-2019, 04:45 PM
ok he won't get the club award for most improved but he is still our most improved player this year. He will end up in the top 3 of the B & F.

Any brownlow votes?

Pretty good form:

Round and Disposals

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_fHPjFUIAAQYj1.png

AshMac
19-07-2019, 06:53 PM
Any brownlow votes?

Pretty good form:

Round and Disposals

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_fHPjFUIAAQYj1.png

Ooooooh, it’s inappropriate how excited I get by those stats

1eyedog