PDA

View Full Version : Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 22, Vs GWS

Scraggers
23-07-2019, 02:27 PM
Welcome to the Always Right Match Committee Thread. The Match Committee threads has been named after long time WOOF member Always Right who tragically passed away in March 2018.

If you were on the Western Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make after our Round 21 match against Essendon for our Round 22, 2019 match against GWS at Giants Stadium?

For those new to these threads, please give a brief explanation for your changes ... this would add a lot of value to the discussion.

GVGjr
10-08-2019, 10:22 PM
Bump

bulldogtragic
10-08-2019, 10:58 PM
Can't change that team.

I'd love to find a spot for West, but can't see one.

1eyedog
10-08-2019, 11:19 PM
No change

The Underdog
10-08-2019, 11:28 PM
Can't change that team.

I'd love to find a spot for West, but can't see one.

Yeah. West deserves a game but unless there’s an injury, tough to make a change.

Dry Rot
11-08-2019, 12:06 AM
Really pleased for Hayes tonight.

If he stays in the side, he will face a sterner test next weekend.

Bulldog4life
11-08-2019, 12:13 AM
I wonder if Libba will be right to go?

westbulldog
11-08-2019, 12:20 AM
No player deserves to be omitted.

GVGjr
11-08-2019, 12:23 AM
Really pleased for Hayes tonight.

If he stays in the side, he will face a sterner test next weekend.

For sure, nice game but not under a great deal of pressure. It will do his confidence some good I suspect

MrMahatma
11-08-2019, 12:52 AM
For sure, nice game but not under a great deal of pressure. It will do his confidence some good I suspect

Reckon he struggles but you can’t drop him. Had a good game!! Good on him. I hope he does every more next week.

bornadog
11-08-2019, 01:19 AM
Is Dickson's hammy ok?

GVGjr
11-08-2019, 01:21 AM
Is Dickson's hammy ok?

I'm not so sure but we should know soon enough

Bulldog Joe
13-08-2019, 10:06 AM
I have never seen our posters so unconcerned with team selection.

We certainly cannot afford for the playing group to be as complacent as we are.

This week is a serious challenge, that we need to be up for.

While there is no player who should be omitted based on last week, we really had Rhylee West and Ben Cavarra put cases for inclusion at Footscray. Lewis Young also played well.

We have options but everyone MUST bring their A game and that includes the coach.

Jeanette54
13-08-2019, 10:11 AM
I was a little surprised by the improvement in Will Hayes's physique. I think he has done a ton of weight work since his last senior appearance. Success doesn't just come, its earned. Well done Will.

bornadog
13-08-2019, 10:13 AM
I was a little surprised by the improvement in Will Hayes's physique. I think he has done a ton of weight work since his last senior appearance. Success doesn't just come, its earned. Well done Will.

I can see why the match committe like him. He can run all day, he is nice kick.

Early on in the year he fumbled a lot, but I think he was nervous and lacked confidence.

1eyedog
13-08-2019, 10:25 AM
I can see why the match committe like him. He can run all day, he is nice kick.

Early on in the year he fumbled a lot, but I think he was nervous and lacked confidence.

Fumbled his first touch on Saturday night so maybe you're right. After that he was very good.

Scraggers
13-08-2019, 10:53 AM
I think this is the quietest this thread has been all year ... great feeling hey :cool:

bornadog
13-08-2019, 10:58 AM
I think this is the quietest this thread has been all year ... great feeling hey :cool:

Hard to drop anyone this week, however, MC needs to look at the match ups and decide if there should be a change.

1eyedog
13-08-2019, 11:03 AM
If Libba's knee is OK he has to come in. This is like a final and we need finals ready hard bodies. He knows what to do and when to do it. I'd consider him fairly seriously. We won't be able to outrun GWS we need to play hard contested football is my feeling.

bornadog
13-08-2019, 11:06 AM
If Libba's knee is OK he has to come in. This is like a final and we need finals ready hard bodies. He knows what to do and when to do it. I'd consider him fairly seriously. We won't be able to outrun GWS we need to play hard contested football is my feeling.

The injury report doesn't look good for Libba, but yeah, if he is right agree.

comrade
13-08-2019, 11:17 AM

Libba looked cooked in his last appearance, whether that is knee related or not who knows. The Bombers went in with 3 or 4 blokes underdone and while it wasn’t the reason we pummelled them, it didn’t help.

We need soldiers who are fully fit and capable of running out the game. I don’t have enough confidence in Libba’s body at this point of the season.

Mofra
13-08-2019, 11:19 AM
Hasn't Libba been ruled out already?

Barring injury, no change. Caleb Daniel unlucky if fit. Rhylee West unlucky regardless.

Axe Man
13-08-2019, 11:22 AM

Barring injury, no change. Caleb Daniel unlucky if fit. Rhylee West unlucky regardless.

Yep, Libba isn't right yet and Caleb may be back if we make the Grand Final - 6 to 8 weeks.

1eyedog
13-08-2019, 11:23 AM

I haven't heard. Injury is TBC on the website... Also says Daniel out for pretty much the year now.

Bulldog4life
13-08-2019, 12:05 PM
Yep, Libba isn't right yet and Caleb may be back if we make the Grand Final - 6 to 8 weeks.

Only have to win the next 5 matches. A piece of cake.

bornadog
13-08-2019, 01:13 PM
Only have to win the next 5 matches. A piece of cake.

Caleb out for 6 to 8 so he is done

Axe Man
13-08-2019, 01:16 PM
ale bid out for 6 to 8 so he is done

There's a week off in there BAD so in the unlikely event we make it to the last week in September he is a chance.

Bulldog4life
13-08-2019, 02:13 PM
ale bid out for 6 to 8 so he is done

I meant a piece of cake we will reach the Granny.:)

Happy Days
13-08-2019, 02:29 PM
Libba looked cooked in his last appearance, whether that is knee related or not who knows. The Bombers went in with 3 or 4 blokes underdone and while it wasn’t the reason we pummelled them, it didn’t help.

We need soldiers who are fully fit and capable of running out the game. I don’t have enough confidence in Libba’s body at this point of the season.

He probably did more damage against Freo than was credited for.

Jeanette54
13-08-2019, 06:47 PM
He probably did more damage against Freo than was credited for.

Libba is not only a great in and under, get ball and distribute it player; but a great defensive player when/if the opposition grab it from a stoppage. Stringer would not have exited the stoppage so easily to score the first Essendon goal if Libba was present.

GVGjr
13-08-2019, 07:57 PM
I have never seen our posters so unconcerned with team selection.

We certainly cannot afford for the playing group to be as complacent as we are.

This week is a serious challenge, that we need to be up for.

While there is no player who should be omitted based on last week, we really had Rhylee West and Ben Cavarra put cases for inclusion at Footscray. Lewis Young also played well.

We have options but everyone MUST bring their A game and that includes the coach.

Normally we are debating some of the more perplexing MC decisions but since they started to make sense and the wins started to flow we haven't had some of the more passionate debates.

After such a convincing win it's also harder to make those calls. Do you have some suggestions BJ?
If I look a bit deeper than just last week then maybe Richards is the name that jumps out with me, perhaps Cordy as well

Bulldog Joe
13-08-2019, 09:00 PM
Normally we are debating some of the more perplexing MC decisions but since they started to make sense and the wins started to flow we haven't had some of the more passionate debates.

After such a convincing win it's also harder to make those calls. Do you have some suggestions BJ?
If I look a bit deeper than just last week then maybe Richards is the name that jumps out with me, perhaps Cordy as well

No suggestions. Was just a comment about the contentment of the posters.

It is also a strong position for the footy club, where every player contributed, but we still have several waiting in the wings for an opportunity that they probably have earned.

Rocco Jones
13-08-2019, 09:40 PM
Richards is the one to go for me. Either West or Lewis Young if we want to go taller. Think West as we probably wouldn’t to mess with structure/balance.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
13-08-2019, 10:03 PM
Richards is the one to go for me. Either West or Lewis Young if we want to go taller. Think West as we probably wouldn’t to mess with structure/balance.

Apart from a miss on goal he should have got, I thought Richards was really strong on Saturday night in key moments.
But I'd have no objection if we felt West gave us a better tactical match up.
But I think Richards matches up well both in aerial ability and with his soeed.

Bumper Bulldogs
13-08-2019, 10:41 PM
A very hard week to make any changes. I would like to get West a run but no if we drop him the very next week. That said it’s the business end of the season, we are in good shape, good form and playing with conference. This would have to be the hardest week for the MC all year.

Good luck boys.

mjp
14-08-2019, 12:28 AM
Libba is not only a great in and under, get ball and distribute it player; but a great defensive player when/if the opposition grab it from a stoppage. Stringer would not have exited the stoppage so easily to score the first Essendon goal if Libba was present.

Well...maybe. He exited the stoppage ‘cos Jackson handballsd to thin air when tackled instead of holding it in for a reset (the sort of thing which killed us against Brisbane). Not sure anyone could have prevented what happened next.

Happy Days
14-08-2019, 12:32 AM

I meant he did more damage to his knee than we thought.

The Adelaide Connection
14-08-2019, 01:39 AM
Apart from a miss on goal he should have got, I thought Richards was really strong on Saturday night in key moments.
But I'd have no objection if we felt West gave us a better tactical match up.
But I think Richards matches up well both in aerial ability and with his soeed.

I would underline speed. We are still not flush with players with serious wheels, it is both a defensive and offensive weapon that we need.

Axe Man
15-08-2019, 07:23 PM
ROUND 22 SQUAD

B: Taylor Duryea Jackson Trengove, Hayden Crozier
HB: Jason Johannisen, Zaine Cordy, Easton Wood
C: Lachie Hunter, Marcus Bontempelli, Ed Richards
HF: Bailey Dale, Josh Schache, Sam Lloyd
F: Bailey Smith, Aaron Naughton, Tory Dickson
Foll: Tim English, Josh Dunkley, Jack Macrae
Int (ext.): Matt Suckling, Lewis Young, Rhylee West, Toby McLean, Pat Lipinski, Callum Porter, Will Hayes, Lachie Young

In: Lewis Young, Rhylee West, Callum Porter, Lachie Young
Out: Nil

Axe Man
15-08-2019, 07:26 PM
GWS

In: Josh Kelly, Matt de Boer, Harry Himmelberg, Isaac Cumming, Aidan Corr, Zach Sproule

Out: Brett Deledio (Injured), Jeremy Cameron (Injured)

azabob
15-08-2019, 07:30 PM
Good in’s for the plastics

comrade
15-08-2019, 07:31 PM

Massive out in Cameron. Makes our defensive match ups a lot easier.

bornadog
15-08-2019, 08:00 PM

Who takes himmelberg

comrade
15-08-2019, 08:06 PM
Who takes himmelberg

Cordy most likely. With Mumford and Simpson both named, it’s gives Trengove a decent match up also.

Rocket Science
15-08-2019, 08:07 PM

Cameron out doesn't hurt one bit but has he ever carved us up?

Greene's the prick we need to keep quiet.

Testekill
15-08-2019, 08:14 PM

Apparently he's a midfielder now; would trust any of our big three to constantly man him at every stoppage and run off him all day.

Pickenitup
15-08-2019, 08:15 PM
Kicked 6 against us in Rd 1 last year

Bulldog Joe
15-08-2019, 08:28 PM

Outs are significant as well.

Bumper Bulldogs
15-08-2019, 08:47 PM
Well its all up to us now, We have a run of good form, we have a Healthier list than GWS, its a ground that we like, weather is fine.

All in All should be a cracking game with a bulldog win. All of Port, Adel & Essendon will lose as well this week.

The Doctor
15-08-2019, 09:02 PM
we have no excuses. We are in good shape.

Win and we deserve to play finals. Lose and we don't.

Twodogs
15-08-2019, 09:18 PM
we have no excuses. We are in good shape.

Win and we deserve to play finals. Lose and we don't.

Our task is almost beautiful in it's simplicity.

Bulldog4life
15-08-2019, 09:35 PM
Our task is almost beautiful in it's simplicity.

Yes just keep winning and we will be....oh sorry 1 game at a time isn't it.

hujsh
15-08-2019, 09:44 PM

Gave one Keiran Collins a trial by fire in his first game

Bulldog Joe
15-08-2019, 09:49 PM

Make that only game.

Ozza
15-08-2019, 10:22 PM

Obviously he didn't do anything in that prelim. But has kicked 29 goals in his other 7 games against us. Really good record with one enormous stain.

comrade
15-08-2019, 10:32 PM
Obviously he didn't do anything in that prelim. But has kicked 29 goals in his other 7 games against us. Really good record with one enormous stain.

Yeah, pretty happy he’s missing.

Rocket Science
15-08-2019, 10:34 PM

Wasn't that Patton we plonked the kid on?

Sigh. I was bullish about KC but clearly jumped the gun while pining for an heir to one B.Lake.

Anyway yes, no Cameron bodes well.

Changing tack, looking forward to Trenners flying the flag when lard arse Mumford pulls his usual schtick at some point, and you know he will.

AshMac
16-08-2019, 01:40 AM

Sigh. I was bullish about KC but clearly jumped the gun while pining for an heir to one B.Lake.

Changing tack, looking forward to Trenners flying the flag when lard arse Mumford pulls his usual schtick at some point, and you know he will.

If we’d nailed the KC pick the team would almost be complete. Sliding doors of course because I’d have questioned the naughton pick. No use dwelling on the past I suppose

Mofra
16-08-2019, 12:32 PM
If we’d nailed the KC pick the team would almost be complete. Sliding doors of course because I’d have questioned the naughton pick. No use dwelling on the past I suppose
We really wanted Ben McKay. Oh well.
Happy enough to have taken an inside beast Premiership player instead who has been putting up elite numbers since the bye.

Bulldog4life
16-08-2019, 12:38 PM

Yes it was Patton and Collins did ok from what I remember. I temember a huge tackle on Patton

1eyedog
16-08-2019, 05:15 PM
For his height he was too slow.

bornadog
16-08-2019, 06:07 PM
As expected No Change

GWS:

IN

Josh Kelly, Matt de Boer, Harry Himmelberg, Aidan Corr, Zach Sproule

OUT
Jackson Hately (Omitted), Brett Deledio (Injured), Jeremy Cameron (Injured), Dawson Simpson (Omitted), Aiden Bonar (Omitted)

bornadog
16-08-2019, 06:11 PM
https://66.media.tumblr.com/42cdbde6883269fab669e41930b3f327/tumblr_oe73wu7JuJ1v463zzo1_500.jpg

Axe Man
16-08-2019, 06:14 PM
As expected No Change

GWS:

IN

Josh Kelly, Matt de Boer, Harry Himmelberg, Aidan Corr, Zach Sproule

OUT
Jackson Hately (Omitted), Brett Deledio (Injured), Jeremy Cameron (Injured), Dawson Simpson (Omitted), Aiden Bonar (Omitted)

Harsh by GWS to drop all time eker legend Dawson Simpson after he announced his retirement.

1eyedog
16-08-2019, 08:05 PM
Smart too