PDA

View Full Version : Crowmaggedon

LostDoggy
31-07-2019, 10:45 PM
It’s with great sadness, no unbridled joy would be a better emotion, I make this post.

Year after year the crows bleed good players away from their club. They have alienated major parts of their club with off season team building exercises.
Tex is being outed as a downhill skier from multiple journalists.

The word on the street is that multiple decent players will be leaving again, with at least one linked to the dogs. We have the cap space.

Some crow colleagues inside (unsubstantiated but fun) rumours this week include:
1. H G has ‘Carey’ed a team mates missus. Maybe Moorabbin bound bahahahaha
2. E B went to the Pykes for dinner and left after one slice of garlic cheese pizza. Telling.

This club has a ridiculous sense of entitlement and undeserved entitlement. What an arrogant trade they made with Carlton.

I suggested today they merge with GC and move to tassie, I’m having fun.

Bit of light entertainment. But if a little is actually true.. Who should we be swooping on?

Mofra
31-07-2019, 10:55 PM
Alex Keith in an absolute heartbeat.

Greenwood if he wanted to play forward.

SquirrelGrip
31-07-2019, 10:56 PM
My three would be Alex Keath, Darcy Fogarty and Ned McHenry.

LostDoggy
31-07-2019, 10:57 PM
Keith is the local rumour. Good fit.

Happy Days
31-07-2019, 11:07 PM
They should forfeit every remaining game I reckon.

LostDoggy
31-07-2019, 11:09 PM
I bet they sack the coach for round 23...

Throughandthrough
01-08-2019, 01:05 AM
Couldn’t love this thread anymore. But did catch up with Bryce and Richard Douglas Saturday night who stayed and had beers after losing to glenelg on the last kick of the match Saturday. Top blokes.

Rocket Science
01-08-2019, 01:22 AM
I bet they sack the coach for round 23...

I'd be inclined to agree with you but about the only thing restraining them will be that they'll *still* be a sneaky finals chance and surely won't upset the apple cart.

Our game against them's going to break some hearts. Winner advances I'd suggest.

jeemak
01-08-2019, 03:45 AM
I'd be inclined to agree with you but about the only thing restraining them will be that they'll *still* be a sneaky finals chance and surely won't upset the apple cart.

Our game against them's going to break some hearts. Winner advances I'd suggest.

They just need a complete overhaul, given they can't afford to sack the coach in all likelihood.

Something stinks, the water in the feral little unfiltered fishbowl that is Adelaide AFL needs to be cleaned out as far as both clubs are concerned. Given the home grown talent, and access to home ground advantage alongside large crowd and membership potential, these clubs should be a bit better (I'm maybe being harsh on the Crows, but it's fun!).

azabob
01-08-2019, 07:43 AM
H g?

chef
01-08-2019, 08:38 AM
H g?

Hugh Greenwood.

Go_Dogs
01-08-2019, 09:07 AM
Would Eddie Betts be a player to have a look at on a one year deal?

Bulldog Joe
01-08-2019, 10:43 AM

If they lose the next three, they will be dead in the water.

bornadog
01-08-2019, 10:45 AM
Would Eddie Betts be a player to have a look at on a one year deal?

His manager came out today and said Eddie doesn't want to leave the Crows, of course, it may not be his choice.

Dry Rot
02-08-2019, 12:26 AM
I am shocked and surprised that a group of Doggies fans are taking delight at the plight of the Adelaide Crows.

:D :D :D

**** them.

But what about the other SA team? Port seem to be in disarray too. What good players can we pick off their carcass?

Happy Days
02-08-2019, 01:27 AM
I am shocked and surprised that a group of Doggies fans are taking delight at the plight of the Adelaide Crows.

:D :D :D

**** them.

But what about the other SA team? Port seem to be in disarray too. What good players can we pick off their carcass?

Hinkley has been making BIG MOVEZ at selection, dropping their best players with no real rhyme or reason, in order to keep the wolves from the door. Think most of the turmoil is around him and not the playing group.

LostDoggy
02-08-2019, 03:06 AM
Hinkley has been making BIG MOVEZ at selection, dropping their best players with no real rhyme or reason, in order to keep the wolves from the door. Think most of the turmoil is around him and not the playing group.

My port mates are dirty on Hinkley.
I grew up hating port in the sanfl but at least they have real football fans unlike their counterparts.
They have a good young list like us and have been inconsistent but at least they play with heart most games. They also can’t convert inside 50s and question team selection, dogs and port could be the bolters next year.

LostDoggy
02-08-2019, 03:13 AM
Betts and Dixon returning to their clubs after one week in the sanfl speaks volumes.

Hugh Greenwood not returning also adds fuel to the fires.

jeemak
02-08-2019, 04:04 AM
Betts and Dixon returning to their clubs after one week in the sanfl speaks volumes.

Hugh Greenwood not returning also adds fuel to the fires.

I've never been sure about the impacts of dropping players who are more likely to help win games back to the reserves, it's always been a bit basic to me because often it's forwards and a lot of their output is determined by what happens in front of them, irrespective of what they do.

It will be interesting to see how the players respond. Perhaps there will be a bounce in form and things will be forgotten for a week or so, but usually after these types of "statements" the bad stuff usually creeps back in across the team and things are back to where they started.

Ghost Dog
02-08-2019, 09:21 AM
His manager came out today and said Eddie doesn't want to leave the Crows, of course, it may not be his choice.

He's got a few kids and a big house I guess.

AshMac
02-08-2019, 09:39 AM
This’ll be unpopular....but I’d be red hot on Josh Jenkins at $500k a year.

He’d be about as keen at that as the average dogs fan on him.

Alex keith fo shiz

LostDoggy
02-08-2019, 12:04 PM

Alex keith fo shiz

Not sure I could stomach that, he’s a flat track bully like Tex.

bornadog
02-08-2019, 04:20 PM
Not sure I could stomach that, he’s a flat track bully like Tex.

Too much of a lumbering type.

Mofra
02-08-2019, 06:15 PM

Alex keith fo shiz
Some rumours months ago that Jenkins to the bulldogs was very likely as a salary dump trade. Token late pick to get it done as he's got two years of contract left.

He's really quick for his size but more of a Schache type

Happy Days
02-08-2019, 06:49 PM
Some rumours months ago that Jenkins to the bulldogs was very likely as a salary dump trade. Token late pick to get it done as he's got two years of contract left.

Wow that would suck. Usually in exchange for taking on salary you actually get something.

AshMac
02-08-2019, 07:28 PM

He is a downhill skier no doubt, but with Naughton developing he has the chance to play in the 3rd tall defender. I think his size and aggression is exactly what we need down there to either bomb to a one on one or release Naughton and schache to do damage further up. He is a long kick too.

I know he wanted $800 last signing, $500 I’d live with. Even better put in a performance clause where earning is linked to output.

Definitely not the answer but a good piece of the puzzle.

Rocket Science
02-08-2019, 08:06 PM
He is a downhill skier no doubt, but with Naughton developing he has the chance to play in the 3rd tall defender. I think his size and aggression is exactly what we need down there to either bomb to a one on one or release Naughton and schache to do damage further up. He is a long kick too.

I know he wanted $800 last signing, $500 I’d live with. Even better put in a performance clause where earning is linked to output.

Definitely not the answer but a good piece of the puzzle.

Hang on wot?

Do they have another Jenkins I'm unaware of?

AshMac
02-08-2019, 09:39 PM
Hang on wot?

Do they have another Jenkins I'm unaware of?

There was that one time...

Twodogs
02-08-2019, 10:07 PM
There was that one time...

At band camp when I...

Throughandthrough
02-08-2019, 10:53 PM

Alex keith fo shiz

Never met him, (but he lives near me and i see him in the street a lot) used to be the player i used to bag the most at the Crows, but he really dominates on social media and in his interviews, seems like a cracking guy.

The Adelaide Connection
03-08-2019, 03:24 AM
Never met him, (but he lives near me and i see him in the street a lot) used to be the player i used to bag the most at the Crows, but he really dominates on social media and in his interviews, seems like a cracking guy.

I thought the honesty with which he handled that goal against Port (that looked like it shaved the post and he said he thought it had in the post game interview) was just a little snapshot of his great character. Has a pretty uplifting back story too (foster child from 2).

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/josh-jenkins-heartwarming-mothers-day-tale-20140510-zr8s0.html

Mofra
03-08-2019, 10:51 AM
Jenkins might have flaws but... at VFL level we've often played with the developing Sweet and either Fletch solo or with Lewis Young. That's it for talls.

He can play a role and is AFL standard so I'd say yes. We have the cap space and he'd cost us almost nothing in picks.

Happy Days
03-08-2019, 11:39 AM
Jenkins might have flaws but... at VFL level we've often played with the developing Sweet and either Fletch solo or with Lewis Young. That's it for talls.

He can play a role and is AFL standard so I'd say yes. We have the cap space and he'd cost us almost nothing in picks.

I think you’re underselling what a tremendous asset cap space is. If we’re going to help them by taking on two years of a terrible contract then I’d want more than an annoying depth tall.