PDA

View Full Version : The Moment, Rnd 20, 2019 vs Brisbane Lions

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
04-08-2019, 05:13 PM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in today's game against Brisbane. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage.'

bulldogtragic
04-08-2019, 08:26 PM
First few minutes, Lloyd can give a simple handball to Hunter for a gimme goal. Or refuse it and take a pressured snap for a behind.

comrade
04-08-2019, 08:28 PM
Too many to count.

bornadog
04-08-2019, 08:47 PM
When the siren blew to start the game

Eastdog
04-08-2019, 08:49 PM
That first quarter.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
04-08-2019, 08:55 PM
A different type of moment, i loved Crozier's courage running and launching back with the flight to end up taking a great speccy. Looked to really hurt is ankle when he landed. Hope he's okay.

Eastdog
04-08-2019, 08:58 PM
A different type of moment, i loved Crozier's courage running and launching back with the flight to end up taking a great speccy. Looked to really hurt is ankle when he landed. Hope he's okay.

Is a great mark in the air. Great courage there. I hope he is ok.

comrade
04-08-2019, 08:58 PM

Our defence is stuffed (even more) if he’s injured.

bulldogtragic
04-08-2019, 09:00 PM
Our defence is stuffed (even more) if he’s injured.

Stringer is going to kick 7-8...

Might be best to ignore footy next week.

Sedat
04-08-2019, 09:11 PM

We'll thump the scum next week. They just lost at home by 10 goals against Port and fell in against GC.

Might be Naughton who kicks 7-8

SonofScray
04-08-2019, 09:17 PM

Reckon Hipwood stood in him when he inexplicably went over and sat on Crozier.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
04-08-2019, 09:20 PM

I've already booked the flights and accommodation for the whole family, he'd better bloody not!
It's going to be my almost 4 yr old daughter's 1st game, and my 6 yr old son's 2nd game. I hope next week's moment is Schache kicking the winner from the boundary, following on from the play that saw Stringer fluff one at the other end!

bornadog
04-08-2019, 10:26 PM
When the siren blew to start the game

ok, now that I have calmed down a bit.

Lloyd should have kicked that goal right on the siren at 3/4 time to make the difference just 11 points.

MrMahatma
04-08-2019, 11:36 PM
ok, now that I have calmed down a bit.

Lloyd should have kicked that goal right on the siren at 3/4 time to make the difference just 11 points.

Had a shocker he did.

Lions are about to finish top 2, and we played them at home, and lost by our own mistakes. Te sky isn’t yet falling.

merantau
05-08-2019, 12:25 AM
There were so many bad moments especially ones where we had them on toast only to let them clear the ball because we missed our target with the kick inside 50.

jeemak
05-08-2019, 05:06 AM
There were so many bad moments especially ones where we had them on toast only to let them clear the ball because we missed our target with the kick inside 50.

I almost want to watch the replay so I can list them.

AshMac
05-08-2019, 09:20 AM
Hodges touch on the goal line end of the 3rd quarter

comrade
05-08-2019, 10:18 AM
Hodges touch on the goal line end of the 3rd quarter

Good one. That being said, we had all the momentum going in and still easily coughed up the first few goals in the last quarter.

Bulldog4life
05-08-2019, 12:51 PM
With 6 minutes to go in the last when we needed 4 goals to win we still kicked backwards. Knew then it was over.

Bumper Bulldogs
05-08-2019, 04:04 PM
Mine was Lipinski running through the centre kicked long into the 50, we had two free guys his kick was a shocker, we fluffed it and that was the momentum killer

bornadog
05-08-2019, 04:35 PM
Mine was Lipinski running through the centre kicked long into the 50, we had two free guys his kick was a shocker, we fluffed it and that was the momentum killer

They took it up the other end and kicked a goal. 12 point turn around, game over.

soupman
06-08-2019, 08:39 AM

I thought that was alright. They were both running back with the flight anyway so he had no other option. He showed great awareness to make the play by finding soace in the middle there and if his kick is 1 metre further its a goal, we just stuffed it up by having the ball drop a touch too short to continue our momentum and Dale getting too easily locked up.

Considering the mountain of crap inside 50s we had this is an odd one to single out.

AshMac
06-08-2019, 09:36 AM
Good one. That being said, we had all the momentum going in and still easily coughed up the first few goals in the last quarter.

We Had to Kick first goal in the 4th. Shame we didn’t have the finishing polish

Bulldog4life
06-08-2019, 09:42 AM
We Had to Kick first goal in the 4th. Shame we didn’t have the finishing polish

Yep the ball just fell into Hipwood's lap who was standing in front of Cordy.

bulldogtragic
06-08-2019, 11:05 AM
When going forward, there was Naughton a little deeper and Schache a bit higher and Andrews in between . Then they worked out to seperate and force Andrews to commit to one of them. Harris went back, Schache seperated higher and Smith hit him lace out and Schache goals. That moment I realised these guys have been working hard on forward craft and synergy as a duo. As a pair they seem to average 3-4 goals a week. But as they grow understanding together and hopefully forward entries improve, it's going to be fun watching these guys for 10 years.

Bulldog4life
06-08-2019, 11:11 AM
When going forward, there was Naughton a little deeper and Schache a bit higher and Andrews in between . Then they worked out to seperate and force Andrews to commit to one of them. Harris went back, Schache seperated higher and Smith hit him lace out and Schache goals. That moment I realised these guys have been working hard on forward craft and synergy as a duo. As a pair they seem to average 3-4 goals a week. But as they grow understanding together and hopefully forward entries improve, it's going to be fun watching these guys for 10 years.

Del Santo said it was the kick of the year for him. Smith lined up to kick long then at the last second did a look away kick to the pocket. Perfect.