Eastdog
07-08-2019, 10:33 AM
https://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-08-06/match-preview-essendon-v-western-bulldogs

Match preview: Essendon v Western Bulldogs
Callum Twomey
Aug 6, 2019 9:35AM

Where and when: Marvel Stadium, Saturday, August 10, 7.25pm AEST

TV, radio and online: Click here for broadcast guide

What it means for Essendon: After being thrashed at home by Port Adelaide last week, the Bombers need to respond against the Dogs. A win would all but ensure they return to the finals for the first time since 2017, and in the process rule out a challenger.

What it means for the Western Bulldogs: The Bulldogs are on the cusp of the finals, currently a game outside of the top eight. But if Luke Beveridge's men are any chance to charge into September they need to knock out one of the fellow teams that are battling for seventh or eighth position. The Dogs have won five of their past eight games as they've rattled home after a poor start to the season.

The stat: The Dogs have had the wood over the Bombers in recent times, winning their past four match-ups.

The match-up: Dylan Clarke v Marcus Bontempelli or Jack Macrae

Do the Bombers send their tagger to Dogs star Bontempelli or ball-winner Macrae? Bontempelli, who is ranked No.6 in the Official AFL Player Ratings, was best afield last week in his side's loss to Brisbane, but Macrae was also excellent, picking up 45 disposals. It's a tough task for Clarke either way but he has taken down some of the competition's leading midfielders in the second half of the season.

It's a big week for: Shaun McKernan

The Bombers dearly missed their key forward last week against Port Adelaide after he was a late withdrawal with illness. With McKernan set to return, the Bombers' structure looks far more settled in attack and it means they won't have to move Cale Hooker from the backline.

Big call: Aaron Naughton takes mark of the year in a dominant display in attack, but it isn't enough to get the Dogs over the line.

Prediction: Essendon by 15 points

GVGjr
07-08-2019, 12:46 PM
I'm really looking forward to this game.
Essendon and Geelong are the two teams I most enjoy us beating

comrade
07-08-2019, 01:10 PM

Same here. Add GWS to the mix too.

Finals looks unlikely, let’s take down a few enemies instead..

Eastdog
07-08-2019, 01:41 PM

Be great to win Saturday night. Keeps us in the hunt once again and jeopardises their run to finals a bit.

Happy Days
07-08-2019, 01:56 PM
Same here. Add GWS to the mix too.

Finals looks unlikely, let’s take down a few enemies instead..

But if we win those games we probably make the finals?

Eastdog
07-08-2019, 02:00 PM

Will also depend on that % and hoping the teams around us lose.

bornadog
07-08-2019, 02:15 PM
I hate Essendon with a passion and I am going with a friend who is a Bomber fan (mind you fair weather).

I really want us to silence the crowd.

comrade
07-08-2019, 03:28 PM

Still rely on what Adelaide does.

Eastdog
07-08-2019, 08:37 PM
Got a text message from the club this afternoon: Given the high demand for Rd 21 we encourage members to upgrade: https://bit.ly/2Yr2crB or arrive early (from 5:30pm) to guarantee access.

Happy I got my ticket last Friday for this match.

1eyedog
07-08-2019, 09:26 PM
Still rely on what Adelaide does.

Or what Essendon doesn't do.

hujsh
08-08-2019, 11:52 AM
Got a text message from the club this afternoon: Given the high demand for Rd 21 we encourage members to upgrade: https://bit.ly/2Yr2crB or arrive early (from 5:30pm) to guarantee access.

Happy I got my ticket last Friday for this match.

Did anyone then get a text asking them to update their details to win a membership or Harvey Norman voucher? I’m currently operating under the assumption the second one was actually a scam message

Bulldog4life
08-08-2019, 12:15 PM
Did anyone then get a text asking them to update their details to win a membership or Harvey Norman voucher? I’m currently operating under the assumption the second one was actually a scam message

Double post

Bulldog4life
08-08-2019, 12:20 PM

Mine said this.

Confirm or update your details before FRIDAY 9 AUGUST for the chance to receive your 2020 membership for free! PLUS, thanks to People’s Choice Home Loans enter the draw to win a $500 Harvey Norman voucher!

Mofra
08-08-2019, 12:42 PM
Saad out is huge - he's arguably the best small defender in the comp this year.

They have no ruck division, so it will be either Zac Clarke or McKernan. We'll find out what happens when we actually win a ruck battle for a change.

We also have bigger mids then their group, and Heppell is under a cloud.

Could be a shootout as I'm not sold on either team's defence. We desperately need a small to stand up and I think this time it's Lloyd after going goalless last week.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
08-08-2019, 01:01 PM
So I'm bringing my family down to Melbourne for the game, using our membership cards.
The message from the club's page says we should consider purchasing an upgrade to ensure entry, as it's likely to be a big crowd.
My question is, if we scan in early to secure a seat, can we get a pass out and then return closer to game time and that way avoid purchasing an upgrade?

bornadog
08-08-2019, 01:05 PM
So I'm bringing my family down to Melbourne for the game, using our membership cards.
The message from the club's page says we should consider purchasing an upgrade to ensure entry, as it's likely to be a big crowd.
My question is, if we scan in early to secure a seat, can we get a pass out and then return closer to game time and that way avoid purchasing an upgrade?

Pretty sure you can scan out, but what you should find out is how many general admission tickets are being made available and weigh up weather you will get a seat. You will need to scan in, save your seats and then scan out. You don't want to be stuck in the bleaches.

Essendon will attract over 40k, because their supporters think they can beat us.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
08-08-2019, 01:50 PM
Pretty sure you can scan out, but what you should find out is how many general admission tickets are being made available and weigh up weather you will get a seat. You will need to scan in, save your seats and then scan out. You don't want to be stuck in the bleaches.

Essendon will attract over 40k, because their supporters think they can beat us.

Ok. Thanks. We're planning to pay at ground to get into the cheersquad again. So might go in early and grab those.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
08-08-2019, 06:33 PM

I'm thinking to get there at 5:30, go straight to cheer squad and pay $10 each to sit in cheersquad section
Is there any chance that even at 5:30pm the game is a complete sell out, even nose bleed seats? Cause as long as we can at least get entry to the ground we can purchase the cheersquad seats.

HOSE B ROMERO
08-08-2019, 07:33 PM
And now for something completely different:

The Western Bulldogs v Essendon clash will also be called by NEMBC/3ZZZ in Hindi.

Fans can tune in to 3ZZZ 92.3FM or listen via Digital Radio ZZZethnic. The match can also be streamed via the website https://www.3zzz.com.au/

Fans can also listen to the call live in Hindi via the AFL App/ website.

Ah c'mon. It would probably make more sense than the drivel most pundits contribute...

HOSE B ROMERO
08-08-2019, 07:34 PM
I'm thinking to get there at 5:30, go straight to cheer squad and pay $10 each to sit in cheersquad section
Is there any chance that even at 5:30pm the game is a complete sell out, even nose bleed seats? Cause as long as we can at least get entry to the ground we can purchase the cheersquad seats.

Where do you purchase the $10 cheersquad seats?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
08-08-2019, 08:18 PM
Where do you purchase the $10 cheersquad seats?

Once you're inside the ground at the cheersquad section itself.

I decided to purchase an upgrade rather than risk it selling out and not being able to scan my membership card at the gate.

Eastdog
08-08-2019, 09:09 PM

Yep got that one as well hujsh.

Eastdog
08-08-2019, 09:11 PM
Margin: Dogs by 16 points
First Goal: Aaron Naughton
Best On Ground: Marcus Bontempelli

Bumper Bulldogs
08-08-2019, 09:15 PM
Dogs by 31 points
Dale first goal
Dunkley BOG

Eastdog
08-08-2019, 09:21 PM
https://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2019-08-06/match-info-bombers-vs-bulldogs

The Western Bulldogs will face Essendon, this Saturday 10th August at Marvel Stadium.

Off the back of a disappointing loss to the Brisbane Lions, the Dogs will be looking to get back on the winners list before season’s end. Similarly, the seventh placed Bombers will be hungry for a win after falling to Port Adelaide by 59-points on Saturday afternoon.

The last time they met, the Bulldogs defeated the Bombers by 21-points at Marvel Stadium during Round 3 of the 2018 home and away season.

As a Western Bulldogs member replacement game, Bulldogs members can scan into General Admission areas of the ground, subject to capacity. Due to the expectation of a large crowd, members are encouraged to upgrade to a reserved seat here. If GA capacity is reached, Western Bulldogs members will be unable to scan in with their membership. Marvel Stadium Gates open at 5:30pm, members and fans are encouraged to arrive early.

Essendon v Western Bulldogs
7:25pm Saturday 10th August
Marvel Stadium
Gates Open: 5:30pm

VFL ROUND 19 MATCH INFORMATION
Footscray v Essendon
1:00pm Saturday 10th August
VU Whitten Oval

VFLW ROUND 14 MATCH INFORMATION
Western Bulldogs v Essendon
4:00pm Saturday 10th August
VU Whitten Oval

GETTING TO MARVEL STADIUM

Car: View the Marvel Stadium map here
Address: 740 Bourke St, Docklands VIC 3008

Train
Walk from Southern Cross Station via the pedestrian bridge to Marvel Stadium. It's around a four-minute walk. If you’re coming from outside Melbourne, V/Line services will take you to Southern Cross Station.

Trams
Trams run to Marvel Stadium from LaTrobe Street and Harbour Esplanade. They also stop in the CBD on Spencer Street, Bourke Street and Collins Street and all are a short walk to the venue. Visit Public Transport Victoria for more information.

TICKETS
Tickets are available at Ticketmaster and start from $27 for adults.

BROADCAST
The match will be broadcast on Fox Footy from 7.00pm.

The Western Bulldogs v Essendon clash will also be called by NEMBC/3ZZZ in Hindi.

Fans can tune in to 3ZZZ 92.3FM or listen via Digital Radio ZZZethnic. The match can also be streamed via the website https://www.3zzz.com.au/

Fans can also listen to the call live in Hindi via the AFL App/ website.

MERCHANDISE

Merchandise will be available from outside Gate 5 until the first bounce.

MEMBERSHIP

Our friendly membership staff will be located in the Away Membership Club Hub located outside Gate 5.

Members are encouraged to upgrade to a reserved seat here. If GA capacity is reached, Western Bulldogs members will be unable to scan in with their membership. Marvel Stadium Gates open at 5:30pm, members and fans are encouraged to arrive early.

Membership upgrades and registrations are subject to availability and an additional fee. Transaction fees may also apply. To upgrade your membership or register for a ticket, visit Ticketmaster Or for more information visit here

Eastdog
08-08-2019, 09:22 PM
https://www.metrotrains.com.au/extra-services/

AFL Round 21
Essendon v Western Bulldogs
Saturday 10 August, 7.25pm, Marvel Stadium

EXTRA SERVICES

We’re running extra trains to get you to and from the game.

Before, to Southern Cross Station
Mernda, departing 5.50pm
Greensborough, departing 5.56pm
Glen Waverley, departing 5.56pm
Sandringham, departing 5.59pm
Craigieburn, departing 6.12pm

After, departing Southern Cross Station
Glen Waverley, departing 10.11pm Platform 10
Mernda, departing 10.15pm Platform 9
Greensborough, departing 10.17pm Platform 9
Blackburn, departing 10.17pm Platform 10
Watergardens, departing 10.18pm Platform 11
Craigieburn, departing 6.09pm and 6.19pm Platform 11

After, departing Flinders Street Station
Frankston, departing 10.16pm Platform 8
Pakenham, departing 10.20pm Platform 6
Sandringham, departing 10.22pm Platform 12

Plan your journey at ptv.vic.gov.au or call 1800 800 007.

ledge
08-08-2019, 10:07 PM
If we lose this we are goneski, I’m interested if Bevo gives blokes like Sweet, Vandemeer etc a game if that’s the case, would like to see Sweet in AFL and a few others just to see how they stack up.

bornadog
08-08-2019, 11:54 PM
Dogs by 23

First Goal Naughton

BOG The Bont

azabob
09-08-2019, 07:38 AM
If we lose this we are goneski, I’m interested if Bevo gives blokes like Sweet, Vandemeer etc a game if that’s the case, would like to see Sweet in AFL and a few others just to see how they stack up.

Gee negativity very early on in this thread. Normally the negativity doesn’t start until 5 minutes into the first quarter!

bornadog
09-08-2019, 09:12 AM
gee negativity very early on in this thread. Normally the negativity doesn’t start until 5 minutes into the first quarter!

wait till tomorrow night :D :D :D

bornadog
09-08-2019, 11:28 AM
Bevo Presser:

* LB: Libba’s a bit sore in the knee. We’ve got to keep playing long game with Tom, we felt giving him the week off will freshen him up a bit. He’s just a little sore there.

* LB: Caleb’s injury is different to what the original one was. Toby was on a similar timeline with his hamstring & he’s fine. It’s unfortunate he’s going through some turmoil with the soft tissue injury.

* LB: Each week you make sure you keep your eye on the priority. We got some learnings out of the Brisbane game. As long as we’re on our game, that will take care of whether it’s an elimination final or a normal week.

* LB: How you approach the game, you need to make sure you’ve got your wits are about you but also keeping a level head & calmness about you.

* LB: That’s the danger, they’ve had many changes. Essendon are above us at the moment & yes, they have some injuries but there can be a strength in that, forcing you to play differently & the hungry is there.

Bulldog4life
09-08-2019, 04:18 PM
Margin: Dogs by 52 points
First Goal: Naughty
Best On Ground: Bont

Twodogs
09-08-2019, 08:29 PM
Dogs by 61 points
FG. Lloyd
BOG. The Bont.

Rocket Science
09-08-2019, 08:38 PM
Okay, season on the line, we've largely found our groove, they're injury-riddled and I hate them.

It's time to do what good teams do when it matters.

Dogs by 21 points
First major : Dicko
BOG : The Bont, snatching the lead in the Brownlow count to boot

If we don't beat these detestable pricks I'll fair dinkum ...

https://i.ibb.co/9TZKfTy/IMG-7568.jpg (https://ibb.co/yy4vMyg)

Eastdog
09-08-2019, 08:42 PM
https://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2019-08-09/four-things-to-watch-bombers-v-bulldogs

Four things to watch: Bombers v Bulldogs
Aug 9, 2019 12:24PM

1. It’s been a while…
It’s been a long time since we’ve met Essendon.
489 days in fact, since round three last year.
And plenty has changed in that time. The Bulldogs will field 14 players from that side this weekend, and the Bombers 13.
Both sides have plenty to play for this week.
A win for the Bombers all but secures them a September birth, while a win for the Bulldogs keeps their hunt alive.

2. Our forward line
There’s a bit to work on from last week.
As highlighted by senior coach Luke Beveridge after last week’s loss to Brisbane, decision-making going forward – and finishing – are key improvement areas.
The Bulldogs’ best in that regard in 2019 has been brilliant – think the Richmond game, and more recently the Fremantle game.
And if a developing forward line featuring the likes of Sam Lloyd, Aaron Naughton, Josh Schache, Tory Dickson and Bailey Dale can click under the Marvel Stadium roof on Saturday night, the Bombers will have their work cut out to stop them.

3. The changes
It’s been a big week at the selection table, for both clubs.
The Bulldogs have lost Caleb Daniel and Tom Liberatore to injury again, regaining the experienced Taylor Duryea and recalling draftee Will Hayes.
For the Bombers, it’s a whopping six changes – five of those forced through injury.
But they will regain skipper Dyson Heppell, and the experience of David Myers, Mark Baguley and Shaun McKernan.
In a strange stat – thanks to @sirswampthing on Twitter – the four sides that have made six changes in a game in 2019 have won that game.
Fingers crossed the Bulldogs can put an end to that trend.

4. To tag or not to tag?
Dylan Clarke may still be relatively new to AFL football, but he’s had a big impact for Essendon this season.
And the question is, which star Dog will the tagger go to this week?
You would imagine it will either Marcus Bontempelli or Jack Macrae.
Both were superb against Brisbane last week, with Macrae tallying 45 disposals and Bontempelli 35 disposals to have a big impact on the contest.
We’ll wait and see what happens at the first bounce.

GVGjr
10-08-2019, 10:38 AM
I'm tipping a solid win, perhaps around 24 to 30 points.

BornInDroopSt'54
10-08-2019, 02:28 PM
Dogs by 37pts
Firzt Goal: Schache
BOG Macrae.

Murphy'sLore
10-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Dogs by 17
First goal Dickson
BOG The Bont, who else?

Doggy
10-08-2019, 07:57 PM
Dogs by 62
FG Bont
BOG Bont

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
10-08-2019, 07:59 PM
Dogs by 26 points
First goal: Lloyd
BOG: Macrae

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
10-08-2019, 08:06 PM
Any Woofers looking to catch up post game for a drink? My wife has kindly offered to take the kids back to the hotel whilst i get a leave pass.

GVGjr
10-08-2019, 08:16 PM
Going to be a huge crowd, I really want a win tonight

1eyedog
10-08-2019, 08:19 PM
It's a final every week now. Will feel like it for both teams tonight.

whythelongface
10-08-2019, 08:23 PM
Dogs by 37
First goal Lloyd
Bog Dunkley

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
10-08-2019, 08:23 PM
Good to see Scotty West sitting up near the front of the cheersquad

1eyedog
10-08-2019, 08:33 PM
Butter fingers Hayes

bulldogtragic
10-08-2019, 08:35 PM
Butter fingers Hayes

How is he even playing?

kruder
10-08-2019, 08:42 PM
English killing them

1eyedog
10-08-2019, 08:54 PM
Doesn't get any better than this woofers

comrade
10-08-2019, 08:56 PM
Yeah boys! I love Hayden Crozier.

whythelongface
How is he even playing?

Hayes has done a couple of good things. We are quick to bag him.

chef
Great quarter. More of that please.

whythelongface
10-08-2019, 08:58 PM
Fantastic quarter. Dunks and Croz outstanding. English as well. Dale and Dickson have been fantastic as well.

Mantis
10-08-2019, 08:59 PM

He’s a serious player... Can everyone on our list go to the states and do a pre pre-season with the Bont? Good things happen when you do!

1eyedog
Everyone is firing the mens dept has been fantastic

Bulldog4life
I would like a one hundred point win please.

bulldogtragic
10-08-2019, 09:00 PM
Hayes has done a couple of good things. We are quick to bag him.

Think he's been average to poor. I'm not sure questioning his position is in the side is bagging him. Wouldve much preferred West.

bulldogtragic
10-08-2019, 09:08 PM
I hope we learn to put a weak side to the sword. We are smashing this.

westdog54
10-08-2019, 09:11 PM
We need to keep the throttle up. A 68 point win will give us a 100 percentage.

bulldogtragic
10-08-2019, 09:16 PM
We need to keep the throttle up. A 68 point win will give us a 100 percentage.

Yep. In a world where we end up on the same points as Essendon, establishing a good gap tonight gets us in.

Dry Rot
10-08-2019, 09:17 PM
Only have the radio call. Are we really good or are the Bombers witches hats?

chef
10-08-2019, 09:30 PM
54 points. Ewwwwww

bulldogtragic
10-08-2019, 09:32 PM
*!*!*!*! me dead. If we put another half like this together, we will be knocking back player agents with clients wanting to come over.

whythelongface
Only have the radio call. Are we really good or are the Bombers witches hats?.

Mostly we are playing very well but the bummers are ordinary.

GVGjr
Very pleased with the way we are playing. Hoping we dont let them back into it
Forward line has been impressive

The Bulldogs Bite
10-08-2019, 09:33 PM
Brilliant first half against the cheats - doesn’t get ANY better.

Hope this continues into the second half!

GVGjr
10-08-2019, 09:35 PM
English beating up on their rucks if you can call them that. Great confidence builder for the big boy

Rocket Science
10-08-2019, 09:35 PM
Pantsing them everywhere, Stringer making a dill of himself and the Bombre faithful in full, painful victim mode - not sure the first half could've panned out any better.

Nobody jinx it.

comrade
10-08-2019, 09:38 PM
That gang tackle on Stringer is one of the highlights of our season.

The Underdog
10-08-2019, 09:40 PM
That gang tackle on Stringer is one of the highlights of our season.

Plus Bailey Smith holding him up just before. That kid is hella strong.

Amazing defending that half, just outstanding

Dry Rot
Who will have the highest score this weekend - Giants last night or Bombers tonight?

merantau
I believe the Essendon faithful booed their team off the ground at half time. Surprised? No.

Rocket Science
10-08-2019, 09:41 PM
https://i.ibb.co/wChbTTt/Screen-Shot-2019-08-10-at-8-40-12-pm.png (https://ibb.co/bL5yxxt)

Teehee

Vred
10-08-2019, 09:41 PM
I haven’t felt this good as a dogs fan for awhile

Bulldog4life
10-08-2019, 09:43 PM
Our percentage is currently 99.1

Dry Rot
10-08-2019, 09:44 PM
https://i.ibb.co/wChbTTt/Screen-Shot-2019-08-10-at-8-40-12-pm.png (https://ibb.co/bL5yxxt)

Teehee

Is that Lifeline?

Rocket Science
10-08-2019, 09:45 PM
Is that Lifeline?

This gloating better not bite us on the arse otherwise I fully approve.

bulldogtragic
10-08-2019, 09:47 PM
Our percentage is currently 99.1

I'm closely monitoring it too. If we beat GWS & Adealide, and Essendon win only one more (say lose to Freo at Freo next week), only percentage seperates them and us. We need to hurt their percentage tonight, which obviously gets us higher. If we can get a 70-80+ point win tonight, then it's simple. Root for Freo next week (pies week after) and win our last two.

The Underdog
10-08-2019, 09:49 PM

I said that to my wife.
She responded “passionately?”
I said “yes, passionately”

He is fantastic

Rocket Science
10-08-2019, 09:55 PM
Okay I'm officially giddy.

bulldogtragic
10-08-2019, 09:56 PM
Schache doing the little things well.

choconmientay
10-08-2019, 09:56 PM
Their supporters are leaving the game now. I am enjoying sitting at L3 ii n the middle of their supporters ��

Rocket Science
10-08-2019, 10:01 PM

Aye, Dicko too.

Scraggers
10-08-2019, 10:03 PM
This going to sound silly given the current score, but we need to put them away by taking advantage of our shots on goal.

Dry Rot
10-08-2019, 10:07 PM
From a Bombers fan:

The last time the Bombers were 1.4 (10) at the 3rd quarter was Round 9, 1900.

westdog54
10-08-2019, 10:08 PM
Dogs have 8 of the top 10 ranked players on the field. Shiel is 8th, Merrett is 9th

westdog54
10-08-2019, 10:10 PM
Atta boy Will

G-Mo77
10-08-2019, 10:10 PM
I just got home and saw the scores. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Daughter of the West
10-08-2019, 10:12 PM
I have two words:

BURY THEM

G-Mo77
10-08-2019, 10:14 PM
I have two words:

BURY THEM

We already did. We've grown a lovely green lawn and have an established flower bed now.

angelopetraglia
10-08-2019, 10:15 PM
Are we home yet?

Rocket Science
10-08-2019, 10:17 PM
This is Harlem Globetrotters versus Washington Generals kinda stuff.

Fetch me more popcorn.

Testekill
10-08-2019, 10:19 PM

Posted without comment

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
10-08-2019, 10:22 PM

He is. Everyone is putting the best version of themselves out there tonight in the little moments.

Vred
I’m so erect it’s embaressing

jeemak
Been out all afternoon in Hanoi having a loooooong lunch, can’t wait to watch this!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Anyone keen for a drink after the game? I don't get leave passes very often.

The Underdog
10-08-2019, 10:23 PM
Zach Merrett has left it about 15 goals late to be the tough guy. *!*!*!*! him.

This. Is. The. Best. Birthday. Ever

bulldogtragic
He is. Everyone is putting the best version of themselves out there tonight in the little moments.

Plugging your great thread again! :D

westdog54
https://discourse.bomberblitz.com/t/elite-bulldogs-vs-essington-rabble-match-review-thread/16595

Do yourself a favor and take some popcorn over

Rocket Science
Might be an opportune time for a few of the leaders to whisper in Tippa's ear during the last quarter.

He's going to have a new coach one way or another anyway.

Christ this is sweet. Hope we stab another another half a dozen home in the last.

josie
10-08-2019, 10:24 PM
We already did. We've grown a lovely green grass and have an established flowered now
Post of the year!!

Twodogs
10-08-2019, 10:24 PM

Sorry mate, I would but I am not at the game.

kruder
10-08-2019, 10:25 PM
We have been bubbling since the bye, actually I can hear the kettle starting to boil!

Loving the small defenders tonight, we have seen it a few times without Daniel now and I think we look better without him in there.

chef

I would, but im 2 hours away.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Plugging your great thread again! :D

I'm desperate BT. I can't believe my wife's generosity..i reckon she will exact a price from me later.

G-Mo77
10-08-2019, 10:28 PM
Post of the year!!

Pity I can't type. I've since edited.

Rocket Science
10-08-2019, 10:28 PM
When was our last three figure win?

Sedat
10-08-2019, 10:30 PM
This might be the reverse Arceri - 1 goal in the first minute of the game instead of the last minute

westdog54
10-08-2019, 10:30 PM
Apparently the most consecutive goals in a game is 24.

As it stands now were on 101% and the bombers are at 94.

westdog54
10-08-2019, 10:34 PM
This might be the reverse Arceri - 1 goal in the first minute of the game instead of the last minute

Post of the year.

Rocket Science
10-08-2019, 10:34 PM
Did Stringer bother coming out for the second half?

Genuine question.

westdog54
10-08-2019, 10:35 PM
I don't think I can listen anymore.

No, wait, I was wrong. I can.

hujsh
10-08-2019, 10:38 PM
'They don't tackle like the Bailey Dale tackle' said positively about Dale! Never thought I'd see the day where I heard that.

Rocket Science
10-08-2019, 10:41 PM
The last time the Bumbers were held to a single goal we weren't even in the VFL yet.

westdog54
10-08-2019, 10:43 PM
Four more dogs. Four more.

westdog54
10-08-2019, 10:44 PM
The ABC commentary team have resorted to offering up special comments on the Bledisloe Cup. They're struggling.

Testekill
10-08-2019, 10:45 PM
I'd feel bad for Essendon if this wasn't so hilarious and also if Essendon weren't the utter worst.

Rocket Science
10-08-2019, 10:45 PM
Maccaaaaaaa

westdog54
10-08-2019, 10:49 PM
Good damnit.

Apparently our cheer squad made more noise than Essendon's.

comrade
10-08-2019, 10:51 PM
Obviously not the night for negatives but Easton’s last minute sums up his yesr.

G-Mo77
10-08-2019, 10:51 PM
Bevo has got to go after letting them kick their second goal. This is garbage.

And now a 3rd. Boooooo

Rocket Science
10-08-2019, 10:56 PM
"Jackson Macrae's become a seriously good player".

Welcome to 2016 Roosy.

bulldogtragic
10-08-2019, 10:57 PM
Best H&A win ever.

Mofra
10-08-2019, 10:57 PM
I enjoyed the game tonight

The Underdog
10-08-2019, 10:58 PM

Tonight

G-Mo77
10-08-2019, 11:00 PM
"Jackson Macrae's become a seriously good player".

Welcome to 2016 Roosy.

Sadly this is the state of our commentary crews on both channels.

GVGjr
10-08-2019, 11:03 PM
Awesome win, shame about the 5 minutes but its great to beat up on Essendon

G-Mo77
10-08-2019, 11:08 PM
I couldn't watch this one but every time I checked the scores I laughed. Can't wait to just give a small smile Monday morning to some Bombre supporters. No words even needed.

The Underdog
10-08-2019, 11:10 PM
Awesome win, shame about the 5 minutes but its great to beat up on Essendon

Pretty sure we all would have taken a 104 point win with 21 straight goals at the start. Just glad our poor 5 came when we were 122 points up. Amazing night. Just amazing

Remi Moses
10-08-2019, 11:11 PM
Just stunned
Stunned

Hotdog60
10-08-2019, 11:12 PM
I can't remember the last time the Dogs put their foot on the oppositions throat and choked the life out of them.
What a great night.

bornadog
10-08-2019, 11:12 PM
I have never see a game like this, just incredible

comrade
10-08-2019, 11:13 PM
Hayes and Suckling both had good games.

Hayes in particular kept running all night and finished nicely. Suckling used the ball well all night.

The Underdog
10-08-2019, 11:14 PM
Stringer , 7 possessions. Just saying

bornadog
10-08-2019, 11:15 PM
Stringer , 7 possessions. Just saying

biggest front runner of all time

The Underdog
10-08-2019, 11:18 PM
biggest front runner of all time

For a guy with pace, he can short step while chasing an opponent

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
10-08-2019, 11:18 PM
I’ll be strutting around Avondale Heights tomorrow

Dry Rot
10-08-2019, 11:27 PM
Listening to crushed Bombers fans on 3AW, they are blaming Whoosa.

Perhaps they should be looking at the 22 Bombers who played tonight?

GVGjr
10-08-2019, 11:30 PM
Hayes and Suckling both had good games.

Hayes in particular kept running all night and finished nicely. Suckling used the ball well all night.

Suckling was brilliant tonight and we need to play him in the back more.
Hayes was very consistent and used the ball well

comrade
10-08-2019, 11:34 PM
Suckling was brilliant tonight and we need to play him in the back more.
Hayes was very consistent and used the ball well

Suckling’s defensive work was spot on, big difference to last week.

Testekill
10-08-2019, 11:43 PM
Listening to crushed Bombers fans on 3AW, they are blaming Whoosa.

Perhaps they should be looking at the 22 Bombers who played tonight?

I only caught the one that they cut off which I assume is because the guy was swearing and blubbering.

The Pie Man
10-08-2019, 11:46 PM
Beyond happy I went along to see that - planned seats with good Bombers mates so no rubbing it in, but we were to a man dumbfounded at how easy Essendon were to play against.

When talking H & A, that might be my new favourite. Won’t forget this one in a hurry

SonofScray
10-08-2019, 11:48 PM
That was as good a night at the footy as you could have hoped for. Pure, total football. Glorious.

Bulldog4life
10-08-2019, 11:54 PM
I would like a one hundred point win please.

Thank you

Rocket Science
10-08-2019, 11:54 PM
There's some high quality schadenfreude to be had over at bombreblitz including irate calls to bring back Goddard and Hirdy but this contribution from one particularly resigned member of the faithful might be the most satisfying ...

https://i.ibb.co/YbMCrC7/Screen-Shot-2019-08-10-at-10-49-56-pm.png (https://ibb.co/hCj6q6R)

Scraggers
11-08-2019, 12:02 AM
Due to family and work commitments, this is the first game this year that I’ve been able to sit down and watch from siren to siren on tv. What a game to choose.

Eastdog
11-08-2019, 12:10 AM
Great win! Didn't see that coming but thoroughly enjoyed it. Was great to beat this mob. We aren't known for winning by huge huge margins but we were known for it tonight. It was a great and funny game :)

LostDoggy
11-08-2019, 12:21 AM
That is about as much fun as you can have at the football.

We were playing spot Jake at home for fun, 7 disposals at 43%, that’s 3 in my book.

HOSE B ROMERO
11-08-2019, 12:59 AM

i remember round 1 2006 when we beat the tiges by 115 points.

And was at the western oval in 1985 when we beat the dees by about 120

Grantysghost
11-08-2019, 01:01 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/KcqJFy7S/Screenshot-20190810-225229-Talon.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Bailey, how I love thee.

Eastdog
11-08-2019, 01:01 AM
That was as good a night at the footy as you could have hoped for. Pure, total football. Glorious.

I loved every minute :D Was refreshing to sit and relax at the footy tonight.

bornadog
11-08-2019, 01:12 AM
It was great watching Bomber fans leaving in the 3rd quarter. Guys behind me were talking about never giving another cent to the club, heads must role etc etc. what a fun night

Rocket Science
11-08-2019, 01:24 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/KcqJFy7S/Screenshot-20190810-225229-Talon.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Bailey, how I love thee.

Baz cares not for your package.

What a delicious shot.

This kid will drag us to flags, I'm certain of it.

Twodogs
11-08-2019, 01:33 AM
Who else was there last time we beat Essendon by 100 points? At Windy Hill in 1977 (pretty sure that it was '77) and I think the scores were 177-77. I stood between the old grandstands on the roof of a pie stand.

The bulldog tragician
11-08-2019, 01:37 AM
Who else was there last time we beat Essendon by 100 points? At Windy Hill in 1977 (pretty sure that it was '77) and I think the scores were 177-77. I stood between the old grandstands on the roof of a pie stand.

No but I was there for our worst ever loss by over 130 points. 81 or 82. The Bombre fans never ever stopped that day, mocking & still screaming for frees. If I remember rightly they also smacked us by over 100 points the same year at our own ground. I loathe that club and tonight was sweet.

Ghost Dog
11-08-2019, 02:36 AM
Well, have to log this one for the club in 'Career Best' threads!

jeemak
11-08-2019, 06:33 AM
From absolute weekend wreckers last weekend to birthday makers this weekend.

I watched the replay, we're the only team in the comp that can play like we can. It needs refining but it's better than anyone when it's on.

Hotdog60
11-08-2019, 08:11 AM
No but I was there for our worst ever loss by over 130 points. 81 or 82. The Bombre fans never ever stopped that day, mocking & still screaming for frees. If I remember rightly they also smacked us by over 100 points the same year at our own ground. I loathe that club and tonight was sweet.

Was that when Timmy Watson torn us a new one? I was at Windy Hill for that and in a sea of red and black and they never let up on me. If I was an aggressive person I would have been dragged off in cuffs by half time.

But I stuck it out till full time as I wasn't going to give them the pleasure of me leaving early although I still copped it on the way out.

I have loathed that club ever since. I never say much at the footy and I gave them no cause to heckle only for the colours I wore.

There're not very gracious in victory and I've not been live to see it in defeat.

comrade
11-08-2019, 08:36 AM

I watched the replay, we're the only team in the comp that can play like we can. It needs refining but it's better than anyone when it's on.

That Hayes goal where we flicked it around the wing was video game stuff.

merantau
11-08-2019, 08:44 AM
Marvellous to beat Essendon so completely. Their supporters are mostly ungracious in victory and defeat.

SonofScray
11-08-2019, 09:34 AM
The fans in front of us will need therapy. One bloke tried to muster some self deprecating banter, humbled by the whole saga. We didn't stop though, big belly laughs at every inept attempt to move the ball, hyperbolic cheering of defensive efforts, "this wouldn't be happening if the AFL just dereigstered you a few years back!" Etc etc

Ghost Dog
11-08-2019, 09:38 AM

I had to come back to China unfortunately so could not get to the game. 89% humidity here.
Got home late, and when I saw that passage I burst out laughing. Ridiculous high-light reel fodder.
In their faces! Well done young Hayes.

Ghost Dog
11-08-2019, 09:43 AM
The fans in front of us will need therapy. One bloke tried to muster some self deprecating banter, humbled by the whole saga. We didn't stop though, big belly laughs at every inept attempt to move the ball, hyperbolic cheering of defensive efforts, "this wouldn't be happening if the AFL just dereigstered you a few years back!" Etc etc

Well, most Essendon fans are just normal working class people like us. My Dad for instance. Gosh their ordinary fan has had to endure a lot! But then again I can't imagine they would do any different in the crowd. Well done Dogs.

comrade
11-08-2019, 09:44 AM

No mercy.

ledge
11-08-2019, 09:49 AM
How good were their media favourites last night.. Stringer and Fantasia, paying the big bucks to players who go missing when a little pressure is applied.
I actually took a close eye on the bombers when we were flying and the second efforts were non existent, one standout was an Essendon player going to ground near the goal square after a contest and just lying there as his opponent got up and made sure we kicked another goal, he decided to get up after it was kicked.
We were making 3rd and 4th efforts , Dunkley was unbelievable in that regard.
Their coach made no moves of any kind, not even flooding the back half.
They are seriously over rated.

The bulldog tragician
11-08-2019, 10:11 AM
Was that when Timmy Watson torn us a new one? I was at Windy Hill for that and in a sea of red and black and they never let up on me. If I was an aggressive person I would have been dragged off in cuffs by half time.

But I stuck it out till full time as I wasn't going to give them the pleasure of me leaving early although I still copped it on the way out.

I have loathed that club ever since. I never say much at the footy and I gave them no cause to heckle only for the colours I wore.

There're not very gracious in victory and I've not been live to see it in defeat.

Their supporters far outdo any others in obnoxiousness. On that awful day they never relented in mocking us for simply standing on the Windy hill terraces. And, memo to those in red and black who disappeared in the third qtr, we stayed to the (very) bitter end.

Though fortunately they are no good lately, look out for them should they become a force again. I like to think their recent dismal efforts are karma for the drug saga where their deluded fans blamed everyone but St James Hird.

Now that I’ve got all that off my chest I’m even more disappointed we allowed them those late goals :)

azabob
11-08-2019, 10:26 AM
He’s a serious player... Can everyone on our list go to the states and do a pre pre-season with the Bont? Good things happen when you do!

I also thought he went. Now I’m not actually sure he went for the training part.

Bontempelli was talking about it a week or so back and only referenced Dunkley.

Bulldog4life
11-08-2019, 10:43 AM
i remember round 1 2006 when we beat the tiges by 115 points.

And was at the western oval in 1985 when we beat the dees by about 120

I was at both those games too.

The Adelaide Connection
11-08-2019, 10:44 AM
There's some high quality schadenfreude to be had over at bombreblitz including irate calls to bring back Goddard and Hirdy but this contribution from one particularly resigned member of the faithful might be the most satisfying ...

https://i.ibb.co/YbMCrC7/Screen-Shot-2019-08-10-at-10-49-56-pm.png (https://ibb.co/hCj6q6R)

Bomberblitz is the best. I particularly liked this post:

“On a more positive note.

It will be interesting to see who gets a fun, crazy haircut this week. Imagine if we go over to Perth with a whole team full of fun haircuts. Maybe Heppell should tie his hair up like dog ears, or Zac Clarke can dye a single dreadlock a crazy colour. I just really hope it’s something fun.”

It was also accompanied by a GIF of Dr. Cox from Scrubs doing a sarcastic whacky face.

Ghost Dog
11-08-2019, 10:46 AM
How good were their media favourites last night.. Stringer and Fantasia, paying the big bucks to players who go missing when a little pressure is applied.
I actually took a close eye on the bombers when we were flying and the second efforts were non existent, one standout was an Essendon player going to ground near the goal square after a contest and just lying there as his opponent got up and made sure we kicked another goal, he decided to get up after it was kicked.
We were making 3rd and 4th efforts , Dunkley was unbelievable in that regard.
Their coach made no moves of any kind, not even flooding the back half.
They are seriously over rated.

Can't believe the Worsefold press conference.
" We will get more games into this young group". Got some pretty senior players there John. And no credit to us at all.

Bulldog4life
11-08-2019, 10:47 AM

I was there also. Standing on the wing. Another glorious day.

ledge
11-08-2019, 10:55 AM
" We will get more games into this young group". Got some pretty senior players there John. And no credit to us at all.

Seems a few coaches are a little bit arrogant that way , Buckley earlier in the year. I think it’s going into defence mode as they can’t defend themselves, but don’t disrespect the opposition.
At least Bevo gives credit to the opposition and doesn’t give them any ammunition in the future.

The bulldog tragician
11-08-2019, 11:00 AM

bombres were older, and more experienced, than us by a significant margin, in fact last night EFC had an age profile of over 26 which is hardly a bunch of kids sent out to the slaughter.

Ghost Dog
11-08-2019, 11:20 AM
Bomber Blitz fun to read but some reasonable posters too.

"When they are full strength, they are awesome".
It's true!

“Listening to Paul Roos point out the obvious.
What a beautiful way to spend a Saturday night.”

“When I die I want this club to carry my coffin. So they can let me down one last time”

Hotdog60
11-08-2019, 11:33 AM
If I'm going to critical of anyone from last nights game I'd have to target Sam Lloyd.
1.3 is old bulldog stuff and this new breed of Dog he should have had 3.1.
Get with the program Sam. :)

Twodogs
11-08-2019, 11:33 AM
Well, most Essendon fans are just normal working class people like us. My Dad for instance. Gosh their ordinary fan has had to endure a lot! But then again I can't imagine they would do any different in the crowd. Well done Dogs.

Over history Essendon have been a club that have represented by my fraternal masonic brothers. Its a freemasons' club.

No mercy.

It was fantastic to watch us place our boot on their collective neck and squeeze until we felt something pop.

Their supporters far outdo any others in obnoxiousness. On that awful day they never relented in mocking us for simply standing on the Windy hill terraces. And, memo to those in red and black who disappeared in the third qtr, we stayed to the (very) bitter end.

Though fortunately they are no good lately, look out for them should they become a force again. I like to think their recent dismal efforts are karma for the drug saga where their deluded fans blamed everyone but St James Hird.

Now that I’ve got all that off my chest I’m even more disappointed we allowed them those late goals :)

Carlton would have said exactly that in 1999. Just let us get past all this draft pick nonsense and we will be back bigger than ever. After all WE ARE CARLTON!!!!!!!!!! I think it's 1 final they have won since 1995 and it's only over the last year or the year before that they have got past the arrogance phase and realised just how badly they shit the bed and how hard they are going to have to work just to catch up to the rest of the comp. They are miles behind because they have been busy pulling stunts and trying to work around drafting players via swapping draft picks and getting players from GWS rather than catching and killling their own..

I was at both those games too.

Me too. What I remember about the Melbourne game was being 80 points in front at 3/4 time and watching the Melbourne supporters stream out of the ground at the Geelong rd end and somebody (one of our supporters) saying Leave them alone. We should know how they feel better than anybody else

GVGjr
11-08-2019, 11:51 AM
Still quite chuffed with our performance last night. I'm actually looking forward to going to work tomorrow as there are a couple of Essendon supporters I won't mind bumping into
A goal in 21 seconds then 21 unanswered goals before they were the benefit of some junk time goals is a fantastic platform to have some discussions.

What really surprised me last night was there supposedly better players keep kicking to the wings and flanks rather than taking the game on. They must have thought they had half a dozen Craig Bradleys on their team last night :) and decided hugging the boundary line was the way to go
They should have been direct right from the start of the 3rd quarter.

This does no bode well for Worsfold

westdog54
11-08-2019, 11:53 AM

I just went back and watched it. That's a suburban league training drill.

Bulldog4life
11-08-2019, 11:55 AM
Still quite chuffed with our performance last night. I'm actually looking forward to going to work tomorrow as there are a couple of Essendon supporters I won't mind bumping into
A goal in 21 seconds then 21 unanswered goals before they were the benefit of some junk time goals is a fantastic platform to have some discussions.

What really surprised me last night was there supposedly better players keep kicking to the wings and flanks rather than taking the game on. They must have thought they had half a dozen Craig Bradleys on their team last night :) and decided hugging the boundary line was the way to go

A wry grin is all you will need to do G.

GVGjr
11-08-2019, 11:58 AM
A wry grin is all you will need to do G.

With one of them that's all that will be needed.

I normally get to work early and put an old scarf on their chairs and when they pull the chair out they know who's responsible :)

bornadog
11-08-2019, 12:00 PM

Bevo is a genius, his game plan is different.

Twodogs
11-08-2019, 12:02 PM

Now now mate. Make sure that you show some class and be nice to the Essendon supporters.

Actually, no, cancel that. Get stuck into the *!*!*!*!ers and take no guff from them at all!

bornadog
11-08-2019, 12:06 PM
I also thought he went. Now I’m not actually sure he went for the training part.

Bontempelli was talking about it a week or so back and only referenced Dunkley.

Hayden was there as well. There are photos of the three of them

GVGjr
11-08-2019, 12:06 PM
Now now mate. Make sure that you show some class and be nice to the Essendon supporters.

Actually, no, cancel that. Get stuck into the *!*!*!*!ers and take no guff from them at all!

Based on the last few years they'll actually avoid me like the plague. It's been a while since we've lost to the Bombers. Shame we haven't played them twice in a season for a while

Bulldog4life
11-08-2019, 12:09 PM
Based on the last few years they'll actually avoid me like the plague. It's been a while since we've lost to the Bombers. Shame we haven't played them twice in a season for a while

I suggest you burst into work Gary singing "Oh what a beautiful morning oh what a beautiful day". That will catch their eye.

The bulldog tragician
11-08-2019, 12:12 PM
Fake sympathy always works well in my view. “Must have been hard”, “you guys did have a lot of injuries”, “just one of those nights”..etc, all the while with an inner smugness and the occasional: “I must say I was surprised that Worsfold didn’t try more moves” or: “I didn’t know Stringer was carrying an injury. What, you mean he isn’t...?”

azabob
11-08-2019, 12:21 PM
Hayden was there as well. There are photos of the three of them

At sporting events or on the track? Neither here nor there really.

GVGjr
11-08-2019, 12:29 PM

I saw photo's of the 3 of them working out.

1eyedog
11-08-2019, 12:45 PM

In the boxing gym

hujsh
11-08-2019, 01:20 PM
Perfect analogy. That's exactly what it was like. Playing AFL Live 2005 and everything just happening all too easily

westdog54
11-08-2019, 01:25 PM
It would seem from the presser last night and some comments from Josh Dunkley on the Sunday Footy Show that the players were filthy for allowing those last three goals.

There's a killer mentality in the group.

Happy Days
11-08-2019, 01:36 PM
I just went back and watched it. That's a suburban league training drill.

I actually think the Lloyd miss was more reminiscent of lane work, and a bigger indictment on the effort put in from the Bombers. A mate from my old footy team texted me and said that if we made 5 errors in a row and then stuffed up the goal kick at the end during a drill the coach would've stopped training to give us a spray.

At least the ball (almost) didn't hit the ground during the Hayes goal. I had to take a brief break from the game because I was so taken aback by how slick it was.

Twodogs
11-08-2019, 01:47 PM
Fake sympathy always works well in my view. “Must have been hard”, “you guys did have a lot of injuries”, “just one of those nights”..etc, all the while with an inner smugness and the occasional: “I must say I was surprised that Worsfold didn’t try more moves” or: “I didn’t know Stringer was carrying an injury. What, you mean he isn’t...?”

Oh that is perfect.

I was going to go with the "burst in singing" strategy but I really like this one

bulldogtragic
11-08-2019, 02:43 PM
I'm watching the replay. What makes Dwayne bearable is after every goal he says how many in a row it is. He's shocked at 9 in a row. 12 more to go Dwayne! A fun thing to pay attention to if you're watching.

bulldogtragic
11-08-2019, 02:52 PM
I can't believe the blocks, pushes, holding and arm chops on Schache for no frees. Umpires giving him the Tom Boyd Treatment.

Rocket Science
11-08-2019, 02:54 PM
Not sure that fully offsets his incessant calling of phantom Bombre frees the umpire miraculously missed.

Or you know, the sound of his voice.

bulldogtragic
11-08-2019, 02:56 PM
I'm watching the replay. What makes Dwayne bearable is after every goal he says how many in a row it is. He's shocked at 9 in a row. 12 more to go Dwayne! A fun thing to pay attention to if you're watching.

Dwayne: "10 goals in a row! This is Essendons worst nightmare!"

Not even the half of it Dwayne. :D

Scraggers
11-08-2019, 03:18 PM
I’m still giddy

Eastdog
11-08-2019, 03:19 PM
I’m still giddy

I’m still beaming from last night. Unbelievable game for us. Having a beer in the pub now.

chef
11-08-2019, 03:21 PM
My Essendon supporting mum came over for a visit, she wasnt impressed with the replay going in the background

Remi Moses
11-08-2019, 03:21 PM
The Maribyrnong is ours
Always has been
Might be a murky crap river full of stolen cars , but it’s ours

GVGjr
11-08-2019, 07:04 PM
How good will Naughton be as a forward when he actually spends the preseason training with the other forwards?
It was very much a last minute decision to play him forward and it's paid huge dividends

comrade
11-08-2019, 07:14 PM
How good will Naughton be as a forward when he actually spends the preseason training with the other forwards?
It was very much a last minute decision to play him forward and it's paid huge dividends

I’m still not 100% on board the “Naughton is a forward” train but I’m looking forward to seeing how much further he can improve.

GVGjr
11-08-2019, 07:19 PM
I’m still not 100% on board the “Naughton is a forward” train but I’m looking forward to seeing how much further he can improve.

Do you think he's a better defender? The more he plays forward at the moment the more I'm starting to believe he's got the potential to be an elite marking forward

bornadog
11-08-2019, 07:28 PM

He is looking more like a CHF, roaming up the wing, HFF, leaving Schache as the FF.

azabob
11-08-2019, 07:28 PM

Your not concerned with his field kicking out of defence?

Mantis
11-08-2019, 07:33 PM
Do you think he's a better defender? The more he plays forward at the moment the more I'm starting to believe he's got the potential to be an elite marking forward

At this stage he's a better defender, but given we haven't seen him at the role it's hard to know where he would be at with another full year down back. However his forward craft is developing and with a full pre-season training in the role it's not a stretch to think he will kick 40+ goals next year which would be a great return.

comrade
11-08-2019, 07:39 PM
Your not concerned with his field kicking out of defence?

I’m more concerned with his set shots than his defensive field kicking. Even the most basic shots are a lotto.

azabob
11-08-2019, 07:41 PM
I’m more concerned with his set shots than his defensive field kicking. Even the most basic shots are a lotto.

Fair call. As the season has progressed his goal kicking has got worse.

bornadog
11-08-2019, 07:51 PM
Fair call. As the season has progressed his goal kicking has got worse.

He has kicked 27.24 - not accurate, but the good thing he has had 51 shots.

GVGjr
11-08-2019, 08:23 PM

There's a bit of work to do no question but if we can improve that aspect he's going to light up the forward line
Who worked on Caboult?

westdog54
11-08-2019, 08:28 PM
He is looking more like a CHF, roaming up the wing, HFF, leaving Schache as the FF.

The scary thing is they could interchange between the roles. Both are agile and have great workrates.

It's a catch 22. Schache is the better kick, did do you want him roaming up the ground and then delivering into the forward line or taking a shot at goal?

comrade
11-08-2019, 08:54 PM
He has kicked 27.24 - not accurate, but the good thing he has had 51 shots.

He’s kicked quite a few crumbing goals for a big guy, so those numbers aren’t reflective of his set shot accuracy. He’s also sprayed a few out on the full.

bornadog
11-08-2019, 09:28 PM
The scary thing is they could interchange between the roles. Both are agile and have great workrates.

It's a catch 22. Schache is the better kick, did do you want him roaming up the ground and then delivering into the forward line or taking a shot at goal?

No, happy with the way it is coming together.

SonofScray
11-08-2019, 09:45 PM

He went early too. 8 goals was their worst nightmare. Not much room to go after that!

The Bulldogs Bite
11-08-2019, 09:56 PM
The line about Essendon needing a safe word was hilarious

Topdog
11-08-2019, 10:12 PM
Oh that was magical

Twodogs
11-08-2019, 11:44 PM
There's a bit of work to do no question but if we can improve that aspect he's going to light up the forward line
Who worked on Caboult?

It was Rocca that sorted out Casbault's goal kicking. I saw him take a couple of shots from mid range (20-30 metres, traditionally the most difficult range for goalkicking) and he gobbled them without too many problems.

Happy Days
12-08-2019, 01:34 AM

Geez was it? Dwayne creeps me out.

jeemak
12-08-2019, 02:22 AM
I have been listening with interest about EFC's injuries. Yes, traditionally one injured EFC player is worth two of everyone else's injured players, but what was forgotten from last night's game was that Libba, Daniel, Morris, Picken, Wallis and Boyd could all have been in our preferred team if things had have gone well for them.

It's a fairly serious list of players right there.

jeemak
12-08-2019, 03:35 AM
Assistant change up being required or otherwise, we actually have an extremely well coached team on our hands. When it clicks it's exceptional and covers our structural issues very well. These guys are actually really good at what they do.

The biggest issue we have between now and the future, and irrespective of selections earlier in the year, is the players knowing the type of effort and execution of effort seen on Saturday night is the standard. Our losses could have been avoided with unconditional effort in some of our lost games, most recently against the Saints, and we could already be pushing for top four.

Alas, it's not to be, but if we bring our effort each week we will win many more than we lose.

Ghost Dog
12-08-2019, 10:08 AM

Did he actually say that????? Hahahahah

Twodogs
12-08-2019, 10:11 AM
Did he actually say that????? Hahahahah

At 1/2 time I believe. My son had just rung to see if I could pick him up from Yarraville station (how good was his timing???) and it was said just as I answered the phone.

I remember thinking "did he really say that?"

1eyedog
12-08-2019, 10:18 AM
He went early too. 8 goals was their worst nightmare. Not much room to go after that!

Called slow death after you wake.

The Doctor
12-08-2019, 10:19 AM

I agree with this.

The things is in relative footy terms Naughton and Schache are still boys at 19 & 21 respectively. They are still learning and growing into their bodies. Schache is starting to fill out nicely and will be a colossus. We have looked better with him in the team and the prospect of having these 2 play together in their prime is tantalising for us. We therefore need to build around them.

Schache is best suited leading out from deep in the forward line. He's good at this and an excellent kick. I loved that goal where I think it was Bont who kicked long to the full forward Schache 20m out who had 2 defenders come and spoil him but he was big enough and good enough to bring the ball to ground at the front of the pack where the rover McLean swooped on the crumbs to score a terrific goal. It was like Beasley and Bamblett! Classic forward play.

Naughton with that amazing marking power & aggression suits CHF in that he can choose when to move up the ground to give our defenders an outlet or move forward to complement Schache. He's going to be a beast.

Thinking longer term who are we going to have buzzing around them in the forward line? I would like to see us recruit some natural goal kicking forwards probably through the draft. From our current list we have Lloyd & Dickson but they are short term options at this stage of their careers. It remains to be seen if any of Gowers, Cavarra or Greene will make it. I'm not convinced. Yet! But I do like West as a small forward. He has great natural roving instincts and getting a crack in our frontline midfield will be difficult. For old footy heads he could be that forward pocket/2nd rover at this early stage of his career. Dale and McLean as half forward flankers may be suitable options if they can maintain their good form. The test for them, especially Dale, will be in pressure cooker matches.

1eyedog
12-08-2019, 10:22 AM
Two Essendon Hird Messiahs here at work today and I've got them for 7 hours, 7 hours!

Insufficient Intent
12-08-2019, 10:31 AM
Two Essendon Hird Messiahs here at work today and I've got them for 7 hours, 7 hours!

I'm green with envy and drooling; don't let up all day. Promise?

Mofra
12-08-2019, 10:57 AM
I think you should kindly remind them of the VFL and AFLW results as well. It's your public duty

1eyedog
12-08-2019, 11:53 AM
Done and done. Not much work getting done today. Takes time to watch 21 straight goals and send Bailey Smith winking gifs around the workplace.

bornadog
12-08-2019, 12:40 PM
Enjoy (note 17 min), thanks to Al.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AQ-mHzs3bc

bornadog
12-08-2019, 12:43 PM
or 21 goals in 60 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHnKXx7PXiw

bulldogtragic
12-08-2019, 12:44 PM

How long until lunch 1ED?
21! 21 minutes in a row! Can you believe it?

Ghost Dog
12-08-2019, 12:53 PM
Poor Dad, sent me this message after our game day ( He's a bombers fan )
"Wearing Dogs colours today; Bombers don't deserve place in 8."
So he has my scarf on at home...

The Underdog
12-08-2019, 12:54 PM

I’m not a Dwayne fan, but that was one of the great commentary one liners of all time. I was in tears.

Rocket Science
12-08-2019, 01:04 PM

Offer them a 21 gun salute for their valiant service today.

bornadog
12-08-2019, 06:39 PM
Coach's Awards

VOTES
PLAYER (CLUB)

Josh Dunkley (WB)

Jack Macrae (WB)

Marcus Bontempelli (WB)

Lachie Hunter (WB)

Toby McLean (WB)

LEADERBOARD

VOTES
PLAYER
CLUB

Marcus Bontempelli
WB

Tim Kelly
GEEL

Nat Fyfe
FRE

Patrick Cripps
CARL

Luke Shuey
WCE

Lachie Neale
BL

Patrick Dangerfield
GEEL

Brodie Grundy
COLL

Travis Boak
PORT

Ben Cunnington
NMFC

Jack Macrae
WB

Josh Dunkley
WB

Flamethrower
12-08-2019, 06:55 PM
I have been listening with interest about EFC's injuries. Yes, traditionally one injured EFC player is worth two of everyone else's injured players, but what was forgotten from last night's game was that Libba, Daniel, Morris, Picken, Wallis and Boyd could all have been in our preferred team if things had have gone well for them.

It's a fairly serious list of players right there.

Losing supporters often cite injuries as an excuse for losing (2nd only to blaming the umpires).

However, there were still 22 well paid professional AFL footballers donning the sash on Saturday night. Injuries to key personnel may be a reason for a lower level of overall skill, BUT it is no excuse for a complete lack of effort. It was like there were 20 Jake Stringer clones out there (plus Merrett and Redman who at least tried).

ledge
12-08-2019, 07:10 PM
Listening to SEN and Terry Wallace mentioned in 50 years they have had 11 coaches and only one(Sheedy) has won a final. None in the 12 years before he took over and none in the 12 years he has been gone.
That club has this false sense of being a club of significance.
No club has a record that bad I would think.

GVGjr
12-08-2019, 08:09 PM

He used that term last year when the Blues were thrashed by Fremantle.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-08-2019, 08:27 PM
Thus far, all media commentary on the game has been how deplorable Essendon were, which is true. But, I've not seen a lot of mention of how good we were.

Twodogs
12-08-2019, 08:32 PM
Listening to SEN and Terry Wallace mentioned in 50 years they have had 11 coaches and only one(Sheedy) has won a final. None in the 12 years before he took over and none in the 12 years he has been gone.
That club has this false sense of being a club of significance.
No club has a record that bad I would think.

Interesting. As a comparison we have had Bevo, Rocket and Wallace (out of Bevo, B-Mac, Rocket, Rhode, Wallace) as finals coaches winning this millenium.

The list only gets better before that with the 3 coaches (Joyce, Wheeler and Malthouse) all coaching winning finals. That means that 6 out of the last 8 coaches we have appointed, going back to 1985, have all won finals-B-Mac and Rhode being the only ones who didn't win a final with us.

azabob
12-08-2019, 08:52 PM
Thus far, all media commentary on the game has been how deplorable Essendon were, which is true. But, I've not seen a lot of mention of how good we were.

Yep. Spot on YHF.

Kinda glad though. This is the kind of situation Beveridge loves. Us against everyone else

comrade
12-08-2019, 08:54 PM
Watching AFL360, did Essendon have an opponent or did they beat themselves by 100+?

G-Mo77
12-08-2019, 08:55 PM

It's usually the way with any blow out. Some will acknowledge how good the winning team but the brain dead public are drawn to turmoil and they'll push that. I'd rather them focus on something else anyway, every time we've gained some respect this season we've flushed it down the toilet shortly after.

azabob
12-08-2019, 08:55 PM
Watching AFL360, did Essendon have an opponent or did they beat themselves by 100+?

YHM made the same observation earlier in this thread.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-08-2019, 08:56 PM
Yep. Spot on YHF.

Kinda glad though. This is the kind of situation Beveridge loves. Us against everyone else

Agree. You can picture Bevo telling the group 'they still haven't heard us, how does that make you feel?' 'We get another opportunity to tell them who we are, what we're about, and to the competition, look out because we're coming for you.'

bornadog
12-08-2019, 08:56 PM

I watched for 5 minutes just to see Slobbo crying.

Not one praise about how good we were, how our midfield dominated, how Naughton took mark after mark, etc etc. Every football show will be the same.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-08-2019, 09:00 PM
All my 6 yr old son can talk about off the back of witnessing the game was how much Aaron Naughton is his hero, and 'Dad, did you see Naughty high five me' and 'Dad can i get a hair cut like Schache' and my nearly 4 yr old daughter telling her brother 'get your hands off my mini ball Jack Macrae gave it to me NOT you!!'

Neither of them are interested in how shit Essendon were, just how awesome their Doggies were.

Daughter of the West
12-08-2019, 09:51 PM
All my 6 yr old son can talk about off the back of witnessing the game was how much Aaron Naughton is his hero, and 'Dad, did you see Naughty high five me' and 'Dad can i get a hair cut like Schache' and my nearly 4 yr old daughter telling her brother 'get your hands off my mini ball Jack Macrae gave it to me NOT you!!'

Neither of them are interested in how shit Essendon were, just how awesome their Doggies were.

If it were ever in doubt, you now officially have fans for life. Your young’uns will have such treasured memories from that game.

Well done on picking such an excellent game to attend sir!