PDA

View Full Version : How do we beat the Plastics this week.

bornadog
12-08-2019, 03:31 PM
No doubt, GWS will come out firing this week after the embarrassment of last Friday whereas we will be full of confidence and thinking we can beat anyone.

Forget about rooting for other teams to do us a favour, we need to win both the next two games to play finals. Win the two, and we will play finals.

GWS will be without Hooper and Finlayson, but may get back Cameron and Kelly.

Hopefully Mumford is also rubbed out for his hit on Friday, as he will be trying to rough up Tim. He is a dirty bastard and is the old fashion rough and tumble and I will hurt my man type- just ask Libba.

Do we go in unchanged or do we bring in a Libba (who goes out).

This is a big test for us and it is do or die.

Come on Dogs, lets do it.

Axe Man
12-08-2019, 04:10 PM
Cameron played on Friday night, although it would have been easy not to notice.

They will almost certainly regain Kelly, Himmelberg and de Boer. Himmelberg is a dangerous key forward and de Boer has tagged and beaten some quality mids this year - someone (probably Bont) is going to be in for a tough afternoon.

I would be happy for them to play the two big logs in Mumford and Simpson, I think that gives us an advantage as I don't rate either.

It's a shame this isn't in Antarctic Canberra again where the precious plastics found it too cold to play footy. Unfortunately the forecast for Sydney on Sunday is an annoying lovely sunny 22.

Libba back in for an unlucky Hayes if he is right, otherwise no change.

1eyedog
12-08-2019, 04:47 PM
Their midfield has taken a battering through either trade or injuries they're not the team they were when we beat them in the Prelim. We need to put time into Greene and rough up Whitfield. Do this and we're halfway there.

bornadog
12-08-2019, 05:10 PM
Their midfield has taken a battering through either trade or injuries they're not the team they were when we beat them in the Prelim. We need to put time into Greene and rough up Whitfield. Do this and we're halfway there.

Who goes to Whitfield?

azabob
12-08-2019, 05:18 PM
Who goes to Whitfield?

Someone who can run all day. Maybe Hayes?

Mofra
12-08-2019, 05:19 PM
Who goes to Whitfield?
Hayes or McLean will rotate on him at a guess.

It's a big week for Tim English. Mumford is a monster at the contest but moves like he has wooden legs and real feet. English can break his possession record this game if he gets on his bike and runs.

Surely GWS don't play two rucks this week.

bornadog
12-08-2019, 05:21 PM
Who mans up Greene?

I would throw Wood at him.

Bumper Bulldogs
12-08-2019, 05:30 PM
I think Greene is the key. He is the instigator for most of their drive. I would love Libba back and get him to give it to Greene all day.

Libba couldn’t play back on him but when he ventures out near the middle of the ground Libba goes to work. In the GWS forward line I wouldn’t mind seeing Richards hi to him and just run off him at every chance.

Mummy on English is a big opportunity for us to gain an advantage as long as he gets that knee up to protect himself. Would we entertain the thought of Sweet plating and resting English before the September action starts

Axe Man
12-08-2019, 05:35 PM
Who mans up Greene?

I would throw Wood at him.

The germ has been playing midfield.

Would we entertain the thought of Sweet plating and resting English before the September action starts

Lose and we won't have to worry about September, so no way. They get a week off before finals anyway.

comrade
12-08-2019, 05:41 PM
No way Libba can come straight in.

Bulldog4life
12-08-2019, 05:48 PM
Odds on Mummy wll try to "legally hurt" Tim.

bulldogtragic
12-08-2019, 05:51 PM
Odds on Mummy wll try to "legally hurt" Tim.

A job for Zaine to get in first.

Go_Dogs
12-08-2019, 07:41 PM
Taranto is another player we need to be mindful of. He does a lot of the heavy lifting and flies under the radar a bit. He and Greene are the players I'd put work into.

ledge
12-08-2019, 07:55 PM
I’m more to the idea of let them try and tag us, we are on a high at the moment, full of confidence, don’t drag it back, continue on from the Essendon game and run, run, run.

Pickenitup
12-08-2019, 08:04 PM
Stevo reporting Cameron May miss this week.

Bulldog Joe
12-08-2019, 09:08 PM
I’m more to the idea of let them try and tag us, we are on a high at the moment, full of confidence, don’t drag it back, continue on from the Essendon game and run, run, run.

We need to be ready to counter their game if they get on a roll.

azabob
12-08-2019, 09:25 PM
A job for Zaine to get in first.

English or Mumford?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-08-2019, 09:29 PM
We need to be ready to counter their game if they get on a roll.

In terms of what's at stake, this is prelim final territory. There is no chance for September if we turn up our toes this week.
I can't recall who here said it, but it resonated then as it does now. It was along the lines of 'let's go up there and burn their house down'.
We need 22 player's to play like exocet missiles on Sunday and just wreak havoc.

bulldogtragic
12-08-2019, 09:35 PM
English or Mumford?

Mumford. Shop early.

Twodogs
12-08-2019, 10:54 PM
English or Mumford?

No, Dawson Simpson. It's really important that we don't let him dominate us.

1eyedog
12-08-2019, 11:41 PM
Who goes to Whitfield?

We need to get stuck into him at stoppages.

AshMac
13-08-2019, 09:32 AM
Would love to see us play our game first with the physicality and aggression turned up. The giants have so much quality across the ground, we often get negated when teams bring physicality early so it’s be great if we went out there and put some work into the players that would be affected.

Unfortunately - greene isn’t one of them. He’s a bloke you need to wind up mentally and let his rage blind his ability.

Bulldog4life
13-08-2019, 12:07 PM
GWS and Adelaide are the only 2 sides we haven't beaten since 2016 according to a report I read. Good time to do it.

Axe Man
13-08-2019, 12:17 PM
GWS and Adelaide are the only 2 sides we haven't beaten since 2016 according to a report I read. Good time to do it.

Also West Coast. We can fix that up in the Grand Final this year ;)

Twodogs
13-08-2019, 12:41 PM
Stevo reporting Cameron May miss this week.

I've been trying to think who this "Cameron May" is you were talking about!

Then the penny dropped...

bornadog
13-08-2019, 01:08 PM

needs to pass a fitness test

Twodogs
13-08-2019, 01:19 PM
needs to pass a fitness test

I think it's the 'M' in may being capitalized that threw me.

chef
13-08-2019, 01:49 PM

I did the same haha

Flamethrower
13-08-2019, 04:49 PM
Cameron AKA Mr Invisible in September has a corked hamstring and will have to pass a fitness test to play Sunday. Kelly, De Boer and Himmelberg are expected to return to play us.

Unfortunately there is no chance of frostbite this week - more likely to get sunburnt with a sunny 20C forecast.

AshMac
13-08-2019, 08:18 PM
Cameron AKA Mr Invisible in September has a corked hamstring and will have to pass a fitness test to play Sunday. Kelly, De Boer and Himmelberg are expected to return to play us.

Unfortunately there is no chance of frostbite this week - more likely to get sunburnt with a sunny 20C forecast.

Typical Kelly returns for us.... having said that, I’m confident our midfield can match any team at the moment.

merantau
13-08-2019, 08:26 PM
Be first to the ball, get numbers to every contest. Do that and we are well on the way. It's not rocket science.

Doc26
13-08-2019, 08:54 PM
Typical Kelly returns for us.... having said that, I’m confident our midfield can match any team at the moment.

On the positive side Hopper and Finlayson aren’t due back until the following week whilst Coniglio is still a few weeks away.
Cameron also need to pass a test on Thursday with his corked hamstring. Either way that’s something I’m sure Zaine will be keen to test out for him.

SonofScray
14-08-2019, 06:15 AM
If we score more goals and behinds than GWS in the allocated time for play, I reckon we might win this one.

BornInDroopSt'54
14-08-2019, 11:00 AM
Get a big crowd there like for the final in '16. I wish I could make it.

Testekill
14-08-2019, 12:31 PM
Get Cordy to drill that fat prick Mumford with a knee; Mumford basically gets permission to go out there and hurt people thanks to the AFL refusing to punish him for intentionally hurting people.

Topdog
14-08-2019, 02:48 PM
Win the clearances which we should do and not give away cheap goals.

BornInDroopSt'54
14-08-2019, 11:06 PM
Get Cordy to drill that fat prick Mumford with a knee; Mumford basically gets permission to go out there and hurt people thanks to the AFL refusing to punish him for intentionally hurting people.

If he hurts my Tim I'll meet him at the airport first final they have here.

Ozza
14-08-2019, 11:13 PM
Send Lipinski to Whitfield I think.

1eyedog
15-08-2019, 12:08 AM
Send Lipinski to Whitfield I think.

No chance of keeping up Ozza.

Ozza
15-08-2019, 12:35 AM
No chance of keeping up Ozza.

Nobody really keeps up with Whitfield, but Lipinski is as good an endurance runner as just about anyone on the list.

Happy Days
15-08-2019, 12:48 AM
Maybe tell him the ASADA testers are coming at half time?

1eyedog
15-08-2019, 01:03 AM
Nobody really keeps up with Whitfield, but Lipinski is as good an endurance runner as just about anyone on the list.

I think we need multiple players to be responsible for him across the ground.

Bullies
15-08-2019, 09:30 AM
Send Lipinski to Whitfield I think. Hayes would have the tank but not sure anyone can go with Whitfield.

1eyedog
15-08-2019, 09:37 AM
Yeah lots of blocks and roughing up, hard tackles etc.

AshMac
15-08-2019, 09:51 AM
Yeah lots of blocks and roughing up, hard tackles etc.

This! 100%. don’t change our game plan but come out hard and aggressive. Get stuck into them early, cop a couple of fines, make them earn every.....single.....touch.

Take a leaf out of Mirch Robinson’s book and line up players like Greene when he get a high looping handball.

If we let them out muscle us first quarter “i’ll Spew up”

bornadog
15-08-2019, 10:26 AM
One thing GWS pride themselves on is contested poss, which was missing last week, so expect them to come out firing.

They will need to stop Dunkley, Bont, Macrae for starters, so will be an interesting midfield battle.

1eyedog
15-08-2019, 10:35 AM
They'll struggle to match us in the middle if we're on. The question is which Bulldogs side is going to show up?

Rocket Science
15-08-2019, 12:00 PM
This! 100%. don’t change our game plan but come out hard and aggressive. Get stuck into them early, cop a couple of fines, make them earn every.....single.....touch.

Take a leaf out of Mirch Robinson’s book and line up players like Greene when he get a high looping handball.

If we let them out muscle us first quarter “i’ll Spew up”

Shop early boys, shop early.

The psychology of a team coming off a flogging versus a team that just dispensed one will be fascinating.

Big test of our maturity this one. We're good enough ...

Mantis
15-08-2019, 02:53 PM
They'll struggle to match us in the middle if we're on. The question is which Bulldogs side is going to show up?

What do you refer to with the ‘which Bulldogs team’?

In my mind it’s the team that uses the ball well going forward against the team that doesn’t.. is this what you meant?

1eyedog
15-08-2019, 04:34 PM
The slick, precise ball movement dogs who defend as a team vs the hard working for little reward, static F50 entry and too high defence team. We've seen both over the past 8 weeks.

The first refers to the Richmond and Essendon games where high skill sets were on show with strong ball winning ability, gut running spreads, solid one on one defending and an open forward line with options.

The second refers to a lack of pressure from the outset, a high defence that gets scored on heavily from turnovers and high possession, high i50 counts and contested numbers but deplorable i50 efficiency and goal kicking accuracy. The Carlton and St Kilda games.

There seems to be one or the other.

Would like numero uno please.