PDA

View Full Version : A Tigers Tail

Dogs 24/7
17-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Plenty of unrest with the Tigers supporters at the moment and there is calls for Wallaces head. It was an insipid performance but would the Tigers have the balls to replace him if they say got off to a just a couple of wins from their first 7 games?

The highly rated drafts picks just aren't measuring up (Deledio aside) and their skill level isnt showing signs of improvement.

Wallace, Royal and Miller must be in the firing line.

BulldogBelle
17-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Yes, there does seem to be quite a bit of unrest down at Tigerland. I would think Wallace and his 10 year plan ( added another five years for effect ;) ) is not warming the hearts of the Tigers supporters. It is a make or break year for Wallace and his contingent - no doubt about that.

The supporters have a major gripe with their Captain at the moment K Johnson is really eaten alive by the Tiger faithful something chronic.

I have major respect for Richo, geez that bloke tries his heart for the Tigers. One I really feel sorry for is Tambling after the amount of talking up that Wallet and Miller did about him it really placed a lot of pressure on him to perform and as yet Tambling has not delivered to the expectation of their supporters.

The Coon Dog
17-02-2008, 09:11 PM
He waiting for a call.....

http://www.fullpointsfooty.net/images/KSheedyRich.jpg

Dogs 24/7
17-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Yes, there does seem to be quite a bit of unrest down at Tigerland. I would think Wallace and his 10 year plan ( added another five years for effect ;) ) is not warming the hearts of the Tigers supporters. It is a make or break year for Wallace and his contingent - no doubt about that.

The supporters have a major gripe with their Captain at the moment K Johnson is really eaten alive by the Tiger faithful something chronic.

Do you think Wallace would survive a sub standard result by the half way mark though ?
For what its worth I dont mind Kane Johnson and he isn't the reason for the Tigers ills.

Miller has been bluffing supporters and the media for too long and his constant game of musical chairs must catch up with him soon. The Tigers would be far better off without him.

BulldogBelle
17-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Do you think Wallace would survive a sub standard result by the half way mark though ?
For what its worth I dont mind Kane Johnson and he isn't the reason for the Tigers ills.

I would think that the knives would be out quite early in the piece...say 6-7 rounds pass and the Tigers are getting belted left right and centre definitely it could spell the end for him. I suppose the same could be said for any other coach that has been at a club for a few years and not delivering. I like KJ also, the guy does try and being the Captain obviously he will cop most of the flak.

Miller has been bluffing supporters and the media for too long and his constant game of musical chairs must catch up with him soon. The Tigers would be far better off without him.

Ahhh Miller king of BS - I used to work with his nephew and the stuff I used to hear about him made me roll my eyes big time. He always used to send messages via his nephew to me about the Tigers...because he knew how much I hated them. I remember his nephew telling me that they chased very hard for Eagleton a few years back and Eagleton told them - no way I stay with the Dogs, I love playing for them.

Topdog
18-02-2008, 09:20 AM
As I said in the other thread he is under real pressure this year.

I might have a dip on him as first coach sacked for the season.

Go_Dogs
18-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Yes, poor old Richmond. Haha

They just don't seem to be able to get much improvement out of their list at the moment, and none of their kids really seem able to step up to the plate and take the mantle yet. I for one think they have drafted OK the last couple of years, besides perhaps the choice of Tambling, but I think even he can still become a pretty alright player over the next few years. Cotchin, Rance and Putt were good selections this past year, Deledio looks good, King looks good, young Jack Riewoldt up forward looks alright too.

Will be interesting to see how the first few rounds pan out for them, if they get slogged Terry will definitely be under the pump. Remember our opening round against them in (?)2006? Something like that could do it.

aker39
18-02-2008, 11:32 AM
KB was asking callers to ring in and give something positive about Richmonds game on Friday night.

I couldn't resist, so rang and said the one positive for Richmond supporters was that they are 1 week closer to having Terry Wallace sacked.

Cyberdoggie
18-02-2008, 05:38 PM
KB was asking callers to ring in and give something positive about Richmonds game on Friday night.

I couldn't resist, so rang and said the one positive for Richmond supporters was that they are 1 week closer to having Terry Wallace sacked.

nice one!

LostDoggy
18-02-2008, 05:43 PM
I personally think they should keep Terry Wallace as long as possible. ;)

Rocket Science
18-02-2008, 06:24 PM
Agreed...aside from extending his glorious Punt Road legacy, there's the added side-benefit of not having to cop his ugly mug somewhere in the footy media.

hujsh
18-02-2008, 06:26 PM
I personally think they should keep Terry Wallace as long as possible. ;)

Maybe we can witness another Tuesdays with Terry fiasco

Mofra
18-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Sheedy at a corporate function a few years ago said he always felt he'd finish his career at Richmond in some capacity. Not sure if he would be senior coach but he'd be great as an advisor in any capacity.

Richmond need a major rebuild, and Wallace is not the man who could make it work. Trading pick 19 for a light-bodied flanker might have sounded plausable to boost the average skill-level of the side, but it really does appear to be a stop-gap measure. Even their captain is recycled!

LostDoggy
19-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Maybe we can witness another Tuesdays with Terry fiasco

I might be wrong, but I thought I heard KB say that "Tuesdays with Terry" are off this year.

May have been perceived that he should be spending more time on the football "coaching" side of things...instead of shameless self promotion ;)

LostDoggy
19-02-2008, 12:39 PM
I might be wrong, but I thought I heard KB say that "Tuesdays with Terry" are off this year.

May have been perceived that he should be spending more time on the football "coaching" side of things...instead of shameless self promotion ;)

Tuesdays with Terry are now Tanning Tuesday for Terry

Dancin' Douggy
19-02-2008, 02:50 PM
To go with Tanning Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday!!!!!

macca
19-02-2008, 03:29 PM
if richmond have another bad finishes at the end of this season, we should look to raid some of their younger players (2-3 years recruits) if they are any good i.e riewoldt

westdog54
20-02-2008, 10:39 PM

Is Greg Miller the most vastly overrated football administrator in the history of the game?

Mantis
20-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Is Greg Miller the most vastly overrated football administrator in the history of the game?

He made a few good decisions at North over a couple of years and has been living off for that for his entire career... Who blames him for that?

GVGjr
20-02-2008, 11:43 PM

He is very politically savvy and works the fans and the media very well. He has this public perception that he is a good bloke when in fact he is short of the mark.

FrediKanoute
21-02-2008, 06:22 AM
Sheedy at a corporate function a few years ago said he always felt he'd finish his career at Richmond in some capacity. Not sure if he would be senior coach but he'd be great as an advisor in any capacity.

Richmond need a major rebuild, and Wallace is not the man who could make it work. Trading pick 19 for a light-bodied flanker might have sounded plausable to boost the average skill-level of the side, but it really does appear to be a stop-gap measure. Even their captain is recycled!

I never really considered the mcMahon trade from this angle, but what you're saying makes sense. Why trade for a guy who wont be around when your young talented guys mature and moreso isn't the sort of guy who can teach them how to be a better player. I like McMahon and think that the shame of it is that he could have been a very good player for us had he knuckled down.

For Richmond though I don't see how he is going to add anything to them. He's not accountable enough to lead a backline with discipline. He's not good enough to play a pivotal role in the midfield. He's done nothing to suggest he could be a HFF with the ability to kick a bag and win games off his own boot. If the Tiger's had chased a Cross or a Boyd you oculd understand what Wallace was trying to do, but honestly McMahon will add to the "I" orientated Tiger culture.