PDA

View Full Version : The Moment, Rnd 22, 2019 vs GWS

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-08-2019, 05:49 PM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in today's game against GWS Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage.'

bulldogtragic
18-08-2019, 07:03 PM
Bonts aggression. Dialled it up today and I think they were surprised by it.

bornadog
18-08-2019, 07:21 PM
Agree with the moment Bont started throwing his weight around, and the shirt front on Haynes, knocked the sail out of not only Haynes, but the whole team. 5 behinds in the second half to our 10 goals , 12 in a row.

Bumper Bulldogs
18-08-2019, 07:25 PM
Yes Bonts 5 minutes of aggression was it in a nut shell. Good leaders see an opportunity and take it. He was quite and thought what can I do to impact the game. Didn’t the boys lift after this.

GWS didn’t like the hard stuff.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-08-2019, 07:27 PM

Yep. The shirtfront on Haynes, some treatment he gave DeBoer when he had a chance and then one where he made a GWS player 'earn it'.. just seemed to send a message to the rest of the team to up their aggrrssion and intent.

Rocket Science
18-08-2019, 07:28 PM

Yep, this in spades.

I love how because he's a pure ball player some teams think he might be susceptible to some 'attention'.

Onya, Giants' brains trust you absolute geniuses.

jeemak
18-08-2019, 07:33 PM
Yep, this in spades.

I love how because he's a pure ball player some teams think he might be susceptible to some 'attention'.

Onya, Giants' brains trust you absolute geniuses.

I reckon it would be player ignorance more than anything else. Some just don't understand that there's players who you can rattle with physicality, and others you can't.

There was the game against Norf where they tried it and the competition should have learned immediately from that the rough stuff just makes him go up a notch.

As a tagger you're better off trying to get between him and the ball drop, do absolutely everything you can to try and cut in front of him, rather than rough him up. He's much to big to play from behind.

Anyway, I tend to agree with everyone, as soon as Bont took it up to them the rest of the team was triggered.

westbulldog
18-08-2019, 07:35 PM
The last qtr, the plastics simply gave up, Shaw copped a 50m penalty Lloyd goaled and half the team got into Shaw.

Twodogs
18-08-2019, 08:02 PM
The last qtr, the plastics simply gave up, Shaw copped a 50m penalty Lloyd goaled and half the team got into Shaw.

I loved seeing Bailey Smith first in line to get into Shaw's gig face. The Baileys have really come good over the last few weeks.

AshMac
18-08-2019, 08:51 PM
Naughtons death stare on Davis after that mark in the last qtr was gorgeous

Eastdog
18-08-2019, 08:52 PM
The start of the 3qtr with all their misses. We got it back after that then never looked back and they never got going.

Bulldog4life
18-08-2019, 08:54 PM

Reminded me so much of how EJ played the game. Bont you are a star.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-08-2019, 08:55 PM
The start of the 3qtr with all their misses. We got it back after than then never looked back.

Good observation Eastie. They really blew their chances. And i think we went forward and snagged a goal soon after, and they dropped their bundle.
It almost seemed reminiscent of how we had played at times earlier in the year, where we shot ourselves in the foot with poor goalkicking after dominating play, and then conceding a goal.

bornadog
18-08-2019, 08:58 PM

If he is going to do that, he must nail the goal.

Eastdog
18-08-2019, 09:01 PM

Another good year he has had but I little bit to work on in front of goal.

jeemak
18-08-2019, 09:03 PM

He still gets to do it, he'd have been copping it all day from that twat and he absolutely creamed him in that contest. Kicking the goal would have been perfect though.

jeemak
18-08-2019, 09:04 PM
Good observation Eastie. They really blew their chances. And i think we went forward and snagged a goal soon after, and they dropped their bundle.
It almost seemed reminiscent of how we had played at times earlier in the year, where we shot ourselves in the foot with poor goalkicking after dominating play, and then conceding a goal.

I second that, excellent observation Eastie!

It was nice to see another team do that against us. Just one or two goals to them during that period could have changed the complexion of the game.

Go_Dogs
18-08-2019, 09:07 PM

Bodied him!

merantau
18-08-2019, 09:42 PM
For mine there were a lot of moments when we just hemmed them in. They were flicking the ball to each other like it was a steaming hot pile of ordure and eventually we'd pressure the ball away from them and break free. We got lots of numbers to the contest.

AshMac
18-08-2019, 10:43 PM

thats true

comrade
19-08-2019, 11:01 AM
Some big moments in the 3rd which wrestled the momentum our way.

Bailey Smith's running goal was the firestarter, but two huge plays from Macrae put a knife in GWS' heart.

First, he muscled his way out of a tackle, nailed a handball under pressure to Hunter who then set up Duryea's running goal.

Second, he again muscled his way out of a tackle, drove the ball towards the goal square which allowed Schache to run onto it for the goal.

Those goals put us a few clear and deflated the Giants. He then backed up those efforts with a defensive spoil on the wing after GWS tried to switch which halted their forward movement and gave us a chance to win the ball back.

This all happened within around 5-8 minutes of game time.

Mofra
19-08-2019, 11:09 AM
Timed it perfectly. GWS are undisciplined, get under their skin and they are a rabble.

Sedat
19-08-2019, 12:11 PM
Having a great debut year, according to that dopey prick Basil Zempilas.

Rocket Science
19-08-2019, 01:11 PM

https://i.ibb.co/7XXQ0nB/Screen-Shot-2019-08-19-at-12-07-24-PM.png (https://imgbb.com/)

The cherry on the stare was Dale, Dunks and Bont immediately hovering over Davis for a group giggle like (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE96VAc_RgQ).

Language warning!

azabob
19-08-2019, 01:14 PM
Ok, so what was said to Davis?

azabob
19-08-2019, 01:15 PM
https://i.ibb.co/7XXQ0nB/Screen-Shot-2019-08-19-at-12-07-24-PM.png (https://imgbb.com/)

The cherry on the stare was Dale, Dunks and Bont immediately hovering over Davis for a group giggle like (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE96VAc_RgQ).

Language warning!

Friday, what classic movies they are...

Twodogs
19-08-2019, 01:46 PM
Ok, so what was said to Davis?

It would have been the old Nelson Muntz Haha! I reckon.

bornadog
19-08-2019, 02:02 PM
It would have been the old Nelson Muntz Haha! I reckon.

Who can forget this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6T2dMpUAxM

MrMahatma
19-08-2019, 02:38 PM

Would’ve been one of the moments of the season if he nailed the goal.

bornadog
19-08-2019, 04:14 PM
Would’ve been one of the moments of the season if he nailed the goal.

Yes, everyone would have got stuck into him even more.

ledge
19-08-2019, 04:57 PM
Naughton staring down at Davis after being manhandled all day was fantastic, last week it was Smith on Stringer, our young boys have the arrogance and hardness to make us one of the best.
I can’t believe Smith with half a pre season was pushing stringer around, Stringers no light weight and had apparently been in the gym building up all preseason.
That’s scary what Smith could become in the next few years, the same as Naughton he will be one big strong hard unit in a year or so.

The bulldog tragician
19-08-2019, 06:50 PM
Was that the “hit” that led to the suspension of Jack Redpath the one that continued into the following season because of more AFL farce in ruling that he shouldn’t have played in a practice match? Seeing it again makes me see red (sorry). Davis should be embarrassed. I did love the posse supporting Aaron, I’m sure Big Tough Davis had been into him all day.

G-Mo77
19-08-2019, 07:10 PM
Was that the “hit” that led to the suspension of Jack Redpath the one that continued into the following season because of more AFL farce in ruling that he shouldn’t have played in a practice match? Seeing it again makes me see red (sorry). Davis should be embarrassed. I did love the posse supporting Aaron, I’m sure Big Tough Davis had been into him all day.

That's the one. I believe it was 3 weeks

Twodogs
19-08-2019, 07:28 PM
Naughton staring down at Davis after being manhandled all day was fantastic, last week it was Smith on Stringer, our young boys have the arrogance and hardness to make us one of the best.
I can’t believe Smith with half a pre season was pushing stringer around, Stringers no light weight and had apparently been in the gym building up all preseason.
That’s scary what Smith could become in the next few years, the same as Naughton he will be one big strong hard unit in a year or so.

Smith was getting stuck into Shaw yesterday too. Our boys hunt in packs these days and it's one in, all in (as it should be, footy is all about supporting your mates) it was Shaw v Smith and Lloyd yesterday and Stinger V Smith and Wood (I think) last week. Shaw or Stringer would push one out of the way only to have the other in his face.

That's the one. It ended up turning into 4 weeks and it's a fair point to say that it ended his career prematurely.

westdog54
21-08-2019, 11:07 AM
Smith was getting stuck into Shaw yesterday too. Our boys hunt in packs these days and it's one in, all in (as it should be, footy is all about supporting your mates) it was Shaw v Smith and Lloyd yesterday and Stinger V Smith and Wood (I think) last week. Shaw or Stringer would push one out of the way only to have the other in his face.

That's the one. It ended up turning into 4 weeks and it's a fair point to say that it ended his career prematurely.

I mentioned in the '3 Things' thread how satisfying it is to see Shaw being stuck into.

For whatever reason, we are able to rattle him far more than any other club. He was exposed in the prelim for it and again yesterday.

As for the 'stare down', I have no doubt that Davis would have been trying to get into his ear at various stages during the game. To see him sprawled on his back with 3 of Aaron's teammates reminding him of his rightful place brought warm feelings to my heart.

AshMac
22-08-2019, 09:12 AM

Any other year, he’d be hands down rising star. If he was at another club of course

AshMac
22-08-2019, 09:13 AM

Was downgraded, we appealed - lost - and then full 3 weeks handed down I think

SonofScray
22-08-2019, 10:16 AM
When our Thug Bont crushed the larynx of Haynes and al ost KILLED him, he could have DIED.

AshMac
23-08-2019, 12:53 AM
When our Thug Bont crushed the larynx of Haynes and al ost KILLED him, he could have DIED.

He could have. Thankfully the GWS doctors put him back out on the ground.

Bulldog4life
23-08-2019, 08:58 AM
He could have. Thankfully the GWS doctors put him back out on the ground.

Yes and that is what the MRO would have taken notice of. He played out the game.

Twodogs
23-08-2019, 12:43 PM
Yes and that is what the MRO would have taken notice of. He played out the game.

To be fair a lot of didn't notice the fact he was playing in an iron lung.