Eastdog
22-08-2019, 03:30 PM
https://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-08-21/match-previewwestern-bulldogs-v-adelaide

Match preview: Western Bulldogs v Adelaide
Jourdan Canil
Aug 21, 2019 10:18AM

Where and when: Mars Stadium, Sunday 25 August, 1.10pm AEST

TV, radio and online: Click here for broadcast guide

What it means for the Western Bulldogs: A spot in the finals is on offer for the Bulldogs, whether that be seventh or eighth depending on other results in round 23. Destiny is in their hands, this is a win-at-all-costs match.

What it means for Adelaide: After another disappointing loss at home, the Crows now must win by a fair margin to secure a finals spot. The Crows trail the Dogs by four points and 2.6 per cent on the ladder, but the Hawks and Power are in a similar boat, so the Crows will be hoping other results fall their way too.

The stat: Jack Macrae is averaging 37.2 disposals over his last ten matches. His lowest disposal tally for any game this season is 22 touches.

The match-up: Patrick Lipinski v Wayne Milera
Lipinski headed forward and kicked two goals against the Giants last week, while Milera looms as one of Adelaide's strongest weapons on the wing. Both players loom as potential gamebreakers.

It's a big week for: Don Pyke

The Crows have won just two of the past eight games since the bye. The heat is already on Pyke, but to miss out on the finals would be a clear failure considering the relative health and age profile of Adelaide's list.

Big call: Aaron Naughton announces himself on the big stage and towels up Daniel Talia.

Prediction: Western Bulldogs by 27 points

Eastdog
22-08-2019, 03:33 PM
https://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2019-08-20/ballarat-match-info-bulldogs-v-crows

Ballarat Match Information: Western Bulldogs v Adelaide Crows
Aug 20, 2019 10:15AM

Western Bulldogs v Adelaide Crows
1.10pm, Sunday 25th August
Mars Stadium
Gates Open: 11:30am
Broadcast: Fox Footy (1:00pm AEST)

The Western Bulldogs will head back to Ballarat on Sunday 25th August, to face the Adelaide Crows at Mars Stadium from 1:10pm.

It's Woolworths Sunday Funday with plenty of activities for the whole family.

Gates open at 11.30am so get there early and get involved in the range of activities happening around the stadium with two fan zones, even more food trucks and live entertainment pre-game and half-time by local musician Steven Clark.

Tickets for the match have officially sold out.

Due to high demand, and the capacity of Mars Stadium, no further tickets will be released for sale and no general admission membership scans or public tickets will be available for purchase on match-day.

FAN ZONES

Gate 2

Visit Farmer Darryl’s Animal Farm
Join in the fun with the White King Inflatable Ten Pin Bowling, knock down as many pins as you can. Plenty of prizes to be won!
Practice your marking skills at the football inflatable
Have your photo taken at the Club’s photo booth and test your reactionary skills
Get involved in the Nintendo game hub

Gate 3

Autographs with Caleb Daniel from 12.30pm – 12.45pm
Free face painting, balloonist, magician and Bulldogs hair styling
Enter the colouring in competition
Meet our Bulldog mascot Caesar
Get involved in the football inflatables and Mission Foods Stadium Jumping Castle
Join the Pack Kids Club and receive a free pack of AFL Player cards* (*subject to availability)

AROUND THE STADIUM

Sovereign Hill characters will be handing out their famous Raspberry drops.
Collect your free merchandise from People’s Choice.

Free donuts at the TAC ‘Donut Disturb’ vans

Visit one of the TAC ‘Donut Disturb’ vans and simply switch on your ‘Do not Disturb’ phone function and receive a FREE* Donut. The ‘Donut Disturb’ is an extension of the Toward Zero strategy to raise awareness on road safety. (*while stocks last).

ON-FIELD ENTERTAINMENT

Live Music

Pre-game live music by Steven Clark pre-game and at half-time.

Steven Clark has been singing and performing in venues around Ballarat, Geelong and Melbourne for the last 6 years. With a strong influence from Ed Sheeran he uses a loop pedal to create multi-layered tracks on the spot with other influences including Passenger, Incubus, Pete Murray, Matchbox 20, The 1975, Damien Rice, and Craig David to name a few and plays a wide range of genres from rap, rock, reggae, pop, as well as many of the classics.

TAC Kick to Win

TAC will be providing 3 lucky fans, selected from the crowd pre match to come onto the field at ¼ time where they will be blindfolded, spun around and have the chance to kick for goal to each win a VISA Card.

Free Big Macs

Two lucky participants will take to the field at ¾ time for their chance to take 1 kick into the giant McCafe coffee cup to each win $1,000! If either kick goes in, it’s FREE* Big Macs all round. Plus, if the Western Bulldogs win on the day it will be FREE* Big Macs for all attendees.

(*Fans can redeem their FREE Big Mac by presenting their membership or game day ticket until Monday 26thAugust at McDonald’s Ballarat Sturt Street, Bacchus Marsh, Bakery Hill, Ballan, Lucas, Sebastopol and Wendouree. One per person.)

Address: 725 Creswick Road, Wendouree, VIC 3350

Parking

Hundreds of parking spaces are available at the new Ballarat Sports Events Centre, C.E Brown Reserve and surrounding ovals. These parking spaces can be accessed from Norman and Dowling Streets, giving patrons access to the Mars Stadium gates via a short walk.

Additional on-street parking will be available for drivers in Howitt and Norman Streets, as well as Creswick Road (north of Norman Street).

Weather permitting, Broadhead Area will also be accessible via Creswick Road.

Drivers are reminded the North Ballarat Sports Club car park is only available for permit passes, including accessible parking permit holders. All other traffic will be directed to park at one of the other designated parking areas.

A drop-off and pick-up zone will also be set up directly outside Gate 2 on Creswick Road.

Park and Ride bus service
The location of the Park and Ride service has moved to Doveton Street North, just around the corner from the Midlands Golf Club.

From 12pm, buses will depart the bus stops on Doveton Street north and travel to Mars Stadium, continuing on a 20-minute loop until approximately 1.40pm.
Return services will operate from approximately 3pm, and are expected to operate until all patrons have left.

Drivers are encouraged to utilise the on-street parking on Doveton Street North, by the Ballarat Cemetery and Ballarat North Splash Park.

Shuttle bus to and from the Ballarat Railway Station

A shuttle bus will depart Ballarat Railway Station Bus Terminal and travel to Mars Stadium on game day.
The shuttle bus will meet patrons arriving on the 11.40am, 12.40pm and 1.40pm trains.

From 3pm, a return shuttle will depart Mars Stadium and drop passengers off in Sturt Street opposite the Ballarat Town Hall.

This shuttle service is expected to continue until all patrons have left Mars Stadium.

Taxis
Taxis are available in Creswick Road.

Our friendly membership staff will be located in the Membership Club Hub located outside Gate 1.

Due to high demand, and the capacity of Mars Stadium, no further tickets will be released for sale and no general admission membership scans or public tickets will be available for purchase on match-day.

There will be a range of food trucks, bars and coffee stands located around the stadium plus tables and seating at the southern end of the stadium near Gate 2.

Where can I buy supporter merchandise?

Purchase your Bulldogs merchandise outside Gate 1 at Mars Stadium.

Social Media

Follow @westernbulldogs on Twitter for the latest breaking match day news and quarter-by-quarter scores.

Follow @westernbulldogs on Instagram for all the behind the scenes photos from match day. Make sure you tag us in photos to be featured in our social post review!

Like the Western Bulldogs Facebook page for the latest breaking news, behind the scenes video and much more from the Kennel.

Ballarat Supporter Group

Western Bulldogs supporters are welcome to attend a Ballarat Supporter Group function on Saturday 24th August, prior to the Bulldogs v Crows clash at Mars Stadium.
The event will include the opportunity to mingle with Western Bulldogs coaching staff, players and past players.*

Venue: Royal Oak Hotel
Address: 402 South Street, Ballarat Central
Date: Saturday 24th of August, 2019.
Time: 6:30pm onwards

To RSVP, please contact Ray Neville on 0407 884 023 or rayn@y7mail.com

*guests subject to change

Eastdog
22-08-2019, 03:38 PM
https://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2019-08-20/ballarat-clash-sold-out

Ballarat clash sold out
Aug 20, 2019 3:42PM

The Western Bulldogs’ Round 23 clash with the Adelaide Crows at Mars Stadium this Sunday has officially sold out.

Due to high demand, and the capacity of Mars Stadium, no further tickets will be released for sale and no general admission membership scans or public tickets will be available on match-day.

It is the first time in five AFL matches at the venue that all tickets have been pre-sold before game-day.

“It’s exciting to have the level of interest in our Ballarat fixture and to have sold all tickets a few days in advance of the game” said Bulldogs’ CEO Ameet Bains.

“Given what is at stake for both teams, there was heightened interest from our members and fans, and the Ballarat community, to make sure they booked their ticket for Sunday’s game.

“In anticipation of a large crowd and the understanding that Mars Stadium has a capacity of less than 12,000, the Club put a number of measures in place to ensure our members were able to guarantee their access at the game.

“It will be great to see Mars Stadium packed with Bulldogs fans on Sunday to cheer the players on.”

Tickets for the Round 23 match went on sale in late June, and were snapped up most quickly over the last fortnight.

Club access members were also offered access to two replacement away games in 2019 (Collingwood and Essendon) in addition to games being played in Ballarat.

The Bulldogs v Crows clash will be shown live on Fox Footy, with the first bounce at 1.10pm.

The following venues that will be screening the game in Ballarat on Sunday:

Zagame’s Ballarat Hotel
639 Main Road, Ballarat Central
(03) 5333 5955

The Sporting Globe Ballarat
201 Mair Street, Ballarat Central
(03) 5338 8101

The Western Hotel
1221 Sturt Street, Ballarat West
(03) 5332 2218

Minerdome Sports Club
994 Grevillea Rd, Wendouree
(03) 5339 3166

Red Lion Ballarat
1321 Main Road, Ballarat Central
(03) 5331 3393

Ballarat Trotting Club
Cnr Bell Street & Sutton Street, Redan
(03) 5335 9041

The Golf House Hotel
920 Doveton St N, Ballarat North
(03) 5331 2673

The Park Hotel
1615 Sturt St, Ballarat
(03) 5334 1470

Ballarat Leagues Club
52 Humffray Street North, Ballarat Central
(03) 5331 3348

Blue Bell Hotel
1216 Howitt Street, Wendouree
(03) 5339 1234

Eastdog
22-08-2019, 03:39 PM
I’m watching this one from home but will be hopefully back to go to a final if we play here at the MCG.

KT31
22-08-2019, 04:31 PM
I’m watching this one from home but will be hopefully back to go to a final if we play here at the MCG.

Unfortunately so will most as its in Ballarat and the ground has a capacity of 11000.
Why it has not been changed to Marvel has me stumped.

comrade
22-08-2019, 05:39 PM
Unfortunately so will most as its in Ballarat and the ground has a capacity of 11000.

Because we make $1.5m a year through our affiliation with City of Ballarat.

Eastdog
22-08-2019, 05:42 PM

Because of the Australia v USA basketball game. I’d prefer it at Marvel as well personally and more people can go but at least we benefit financially playing up in Ballarat.

1eyedog
22-08-2019, 09:42 PM
Getting nervous how am I going to get anything done before Sunday?

bulldogtragic
22-08-2019, 09:54 PM
Result - Draw or 1+ point win
BOG - Bonts (securing the AFL Coaches Award)
FG - Bailey Dale

Advice - anything for the sick feeling the guts whenever I think about the result going either way.

Eastdog
22-08-2019, 09:58 PM
Dogs by 23 points - we will do it and make it!
First Goal: Sam Lloyd
Best On Ground: Jack Macrae

bulldogtragic
23-08-2019, 05:34 PM
50% chance of showers from late afternoon. Winds to 20kph. 9 degrees.

bornadog
23-08-2019, 06:33 PM
Dogs by 33

First Goal Dale

BOG Macrae - 40 plus disposals

Eastdog
23-08-2019, 08:53 PM
https://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2019-08-23/four-things-to-watch-bulldogs-v-crows

1. One spot left
It’s simple. If we win, we’re in. But it won’t be easy to get there.
Dependent on other results, a narrow loss would leave the Dogs’ fate in the hands of the footy gods - provided the Hawks haven’t already won on Saturday night. With the Crows also in a must-win situation, Sunday’s match is shaping up to be one of the most exciting contests of the season. After a disappointing loss to Collingwood last week and the chance to squeeze into the top eight, Adelaide will be hungry for redemption. Pair that with the Dogs’ determination and an impressive run of form in recent weeks, and we’ve got a contest on our hands.

2. Astronaught on Mars
An impressive day out at Mars Stadium in round eight saw Aaron Naughton solidify himself as one of the premier young forwards in the competition. Booting three goals and taking seven marks in the Dogs’ 16-point victory over Brisbane, the Astronaught looked more than comfortable on Mars.
Fast forward to round 23 and Naughton has continued to go from strength-to-strength in his second season in red, white and blue. Ranked number one for contested marks (50) in the competition this year, Naughton’s role in the forward line has been pivotal to the Bulldogs’ rise in 2019.
With a forward line including the likes of Naughton, Sam Lloyd, Josh Schache and Bailey Dale, the Crows will have their work cut out for them on Sunday afternoon.

3. The midfield battle
It’s no secret that the Bulldogs’ midfield has received some attention over the past few weeks. An outstanding run of form from Josh Dunkley, Jack Macrae and Marcus Bontempelli this season has seen the Dogs’ midfield mentioned as one of the most influential in the competition. Matched up against a talented Adelaide midfield featuring Ballarat’s own Brad and Matt Crouch, alongside co-captain Rory Sloane, the Dogs will need to bring their A-game to Mars Stadium.

4. There’s no place like home
With a sold-out crowd for the first time in Ballarat, the Bulldogs will be feeling the love from at Mars Stadium on Sunday afternoon. The stands will be covered in red, white and blue, with the Dogs creating a home away from home. They’ll be hopeful their previous experience will hold them in good stead, come Sunday afternoon. A win over Brisbane in round eight in windy conditions should give the young side some confidence for the make-or-break clash. It’s all been building up to this moment, and the Dogs are ready.

bulldogtragic
23-08-2019, 11:20 PM
7th vs gws @ gws - or - mad Monday.

Eastdog
23-08-2019, 11:24 PM
7th vs gws @ gws - or - mad Monday.

Hopefully mad Monday will come for us in 5 weeks for us.

azabob
24-08-2019, 10:30 AM
Hopefully mad Monday will come for us in 5 weeks for us.

I’d prefer 6 weeks.

BornInDroopSt'54
24-08-2019, 02:09 PM
Dogs by 37 pts
BOG Dunkley
FG Scache
We will own them after a desperate struggle.

Eastdog
24-08-2019, 02:14 PM
I’d prefer 6 weeks.

Yes 6 weeks my mistake :)

Bulldog4life
24-08-2019, 03:35 PM
Dogs by 30 pts
BOG Bont
FG Naughty

Feeling confident.

Bumper Bulldogs
24-08-2019, 04:07 PM
Dogs by 15 points, we wont shake them until the last quarter
Dunks BOB
Lloyd 1st Goal

Rocket Science
24-08-2019, 04:14 PM
The head says of course we'll bloody win, and win well, but the heart's readied itself for some aching.

Going to split the difference. We'll drop a tight one, almost dragging it back after falling asleep early, and sneak into September on percentage alone.

Them by a goal
First major : Lloyd
BOG : Dunkley

bulldogtragic
24-08-2019, 06:53 PM
Latest weather update:

9 degrees
Partly cloudy
30% chance of 0.4mm around game time
15-20kph winds easing later in the afternoon

A.k.a.

Probably dry, quite cold and some (but not) howling winds.

comrade
24-08-2019, 07:01 PM
Currently raining here for the last 20 mins, not too heavy but constant.

bulldogtragic
24-08-2019, 07:02 PM
Currently raining here for the last 20 mins, not too heavy but constant.

Hopefully the drainage system dries out the track by game time.

Happy Days
24-08-2019, 07:09 PM
I'm going to be on Positano Beach when this all happens - if we lose the Dogs have ruined my holiday (much the same way they've ruined my life) and I'll be hitting up the club for compensation.

bulldogtragic
24-08-2019, 07:20 PM
I don't think I've ever fixated more on a home and away game than this. We should win, and Steven Bradbury from bottom 4 mid year into 7th spot playing finals (minor miracle). But if we lose our last game, still in the top eight and miss finals then that's completely unacceptable. For me, at least, there's no 'well it was a good last half of the year, better luck next year'. I don't want to hear any of that. No silver lining. This group has shown what it's capable of the last two weeks, we are in the 8 right now and the only acceptable outcome is winning. We should absolutely win tomorrow and the media narrative should be the sheer will, and skill, of this group to take itself from the bottom rungs of the ladder and become a finals team no one wants to play. But losing would be a dagger in the spiritual heart. Such extremes in one home and away game.

bornadog
24-08-2019, 07:44 PM
I'm going to be on Positano Beach when this all happens - if we lose the Dogs have ruined my holiday (much the same way they've ruined my life) and I'll be hitting up the club for compensation.

Lucky you. Great spot, loved Postino when I was there a couple of years ago.

If you get a chance, and you enjoy walking. Do the Path of The Gods walk. It is spectacular.

Eastdog
25-08-2019, 12:32 AM
Cmon Dogs!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
25-08-2019, 12:49 AM
Well now it becomes simple, and our focus should be laser sharp. Play to our best, and we're in the finals. Shit our pants, and it's all over 2019.
Seizing moments like these, adds to the patchwork quilt that is a club's persona. Historically, we've not often earned these squares of patches... But we set about building a new quilt in 2016; let's add a new patch to that, tomorrow.

comrade
25-08-2019, 08:49 AM
Here we are.

We’re either going to be elated or bitterly disappointed in around 9 hours time, no two ways about it.

The sun is peeking out and there’s no rain at this point, good conditions for footy.

I hope we can finish the job.

Go_Dogs
25-08-2019, 09:01 AM
I’m going to do some work to distract myself this morning.

Can’t recall feeling this nervous other than the GF and dying moments of the 16 PF.

Absolute must win game for more reasons than this years finals.

bulldogtragic
25-08-2019, 10:19 AM
I’m going to do some work to distract myself this morning.

Can’t recall feeling this nervous other than the GF and dying moments of the 16 PF.

Absolute must win game for more reasons than this years finals.

I feel sick.

Jeanette54
25-08-2019, 10:46 AM
I feel sick.

Must be something going around, I hear it only effects Bulldog supporters.

jazzadogs
25-08-2019, 10:52 AM
Any advice about best spot to stand at Mars? Is there any standing room that is sheltered, or only seating?

AshMac
25-08-2019, 11:03 AM
Well now it becomes simple, and our focus should be laser sharp. Play to our best, and we're in the finals. Shit our pants, and it's all over 2019.
Seizing moments like these, adds to the patchwork quilt that is a club's persona. Historically, we've not often earned these squares of patches... But we set about building a new quilt in 2016; let's add a new patch to that, tomorrow.

Today we find out what we’re made of. Everything on the line. Huge game. I was critical of the AFLs scheduling - but it’s turned into a blockbuster

GVGjr
25-08-2019, 11:07 AM
Today we find out what we’re made of. Everything on the line. Huge game. I was critical of the AFLs scheduling - but it’s turned into a blockbuster

Genuine contender or pretender game. If we can't get ourselves up for the game then it will be a case of not being hungry enough

HOSE B ROMERO
25-08-2019, 11:36 AM
Any advice about best spot to stand at Mars? Is there any standing room that is sheltered, or only seating?

On the wing on the grass. Not sheltered but great atmosphere.

HOSE B ROMERO
25-08-2019, 11:38 AM
Judgement day. About to get behind the wheel and head up there.

Let's create an atmosphere that will send them scurrying back to Adelaide oval for some serenity.

Go dogs.

Twodogs
25-08-2019, 11:41 AM
I feel sick.

I can't hear you, I'm out in the bathroom.

Daughter of the West
25-08-2019, 11:53 AM
I feel sick.

And here I was wondering if it was just me.

*Takes deep breath*

Tomorrow, regardless of the result, I will be with my loving family, in a warm, safe house in good health.

Who am I kidding? If the result is bad, none of that stuff will console me and I'll be in a foul mood for at least a week.

ReLoad
25-08-2019, 12:25 PM
Cat on a hot tin roof this morning. The game will be summed up in the first 10 minutes. Break Adelaide then and they will fold like lawn chairs in a hurricane.

With the young team we have, I hope they show up.

Mantis
25-08-2019, 12:25 PM
Whilst it would be really nice to win today and earn a spot in the finals I'm not going to be baying for blood if we don't get it done. From where we were at the bye we've shown remarkable improvement which gives much hope for the next 3-5 years... Signs are really good when you consider our age profile of KP stocks - FB (20), CHB (22), CHF (22), FF (19), Ruck (22) and starting mids at 25, 23 & 22. Given this we shouldn't really be in the position we are.

So whilst I expect us to get the job done today we aren't at a point in time where it's the end of the road if we don't... it's just the beginning for this group.

Testekill
25-08-2019, 12:59 PM
No changes according to the AFL twitter

comrade
25-08-2019, 01:04 PM
Still no rain.

The Adelaide Connection
25-08-2019, 01:15 PM
Not that we need any extra stress, but I suspect that this game is pretty damn important advertisement to potential recruiting and $$$ (2020 sponsorships and membership figures etc).

Let’s get it done.

*Edit: so nervous I forgot to add my predictions:

Dogs by 32
BOG Bont
First Goal Lloyd

BornInDroopSt'54
25-08-2019, 01:16 PM
Bewdy, go Dogs!

choconmientay
25-08-2019, 01:23 PM
Light drizzle at the moment. Ballarat is freezing... at least for me but I am here to support our beloved dogs. Go dogs.

choconmientay
25-08-2019, 01:25 PM
Got here early and standing above the tunnel where our boys will coming out roaring.

chef
25-08-2019, 01:28 PM
Feels like finals nerves. Im a mess.

choconmientay
25-08-2019, 01:29 PM
Clear sky again. The boys just came out for the warm up.

Bulldog4life
25-08-2019, 01:30 PM
I hope everyone has their long johns on and pocket warmers ready to go.

GVGjr
25-08-2019, 01:34 PM
Chris Maple just mentioned that Adelaide will come hard for us and try to lift their scoring

Bumper Bulldogs
25-08-2019, 01:44 PM
This is the game we have been waiting for all year, Finals type of hype. Its all up to us if we want it.

I'm sure Bevo is also primed and got the boys up and about, yep the first 10 minutes will tell us if we win or loss but with Bont, Dunks, McCrae leading the way it should work out just fine.

I'm super interested in seeing West run around today, his old man would have loved games up at Ballarat.

Go Dogs!

Rocket Science
25-08-2019, 01:48 PM
No changes according to the AFL twitter

There were whispers Roarke might be a late in at Crozier's expense.

Colour me relieved.

comrade
25-08-2019, 01:48 PM
Big issues with ticket scanners at the main gate. I wouldn’t wait until last minute to get in.

bornadog
25-08-2019, 01:51 PM
Still no rain.
ground a picture

GVGjr
25-08-2019, 01:54 PM
Conditions are great for footy. Really looking forward to the game. No excuses, we know they're up for it
As Comrade pointed out there seems to be some frustrated patrons who have struggled to get in

Bumper Bulldogs
25-08-2019, 02:08 PM
The boys look focused in the warm up. Crosier our on the ground to

Bulldog4life
25-08-2019, 02:08 PM
You've got to love that knot in your stomach.

Dry Rot
25-08-2019, 02:11 PM
Who is kicking with the wind?

Rocket Science
Go you good thing.

Eastdog
Great start. The Bont to Dale! Goal!

Eastdog
25-08-2019, 02:13 PM
Bailey Dale On fire!

Eastdog
Bont has been great

Rocket Science
All of a minute in and it's fair to say the Bont is feeling it.

bulldogtragic
Dale. Bang . Bang.

Rocket Science
25-08-2019, 02:23 PM
Start warming up the bus now Crows, y'all ain't got no business here.

Mantis
25-08-2019, 02:23 PM
Very promising start.. need to keep the foot down and break their spirit.

BornInDroopSt'54
25-08-2019, 02:27 PM
I hope everyone has their long johns on and pocket warmers ready to go.

If your hands are cold put on a hat.

Eastdog
25-08-2019, 02:28 PM
Playing just unbelievable at the moment.

bornadog
Loving the work of west

Rocket Science
I wanna keep these pricks scoreless for a half.

Hell, a game.

Rocket Science
25-08-2019, 02:31 PM
Pardon my hubris but has a team ever sacked its coach at quarter time?

Gotta be Pyke's farewell game.

Eastdog
25-08-2019, 02:33 PM
Loving the work of west

Yep I have liked his game.

bulldogtragic
25-08-2019, 02:37 PM
Great start.

Topdog
25-08-2019, 02:39 PM
Shame we couldn't keep them goalless for the quarter

Mantis
25-08-2019, 02:40 PM
That’s rubbish from Dale.. just kick the goal!

Vred
Sign. Dale. Now.

Rocket Science
No needless dribble kicks from directly in front please and thank you.

bornadog
25-08-2019, 02:41 PM
Missed some easy ones, but pretty good quarter

Mantis
And how unlike Zaine to be 5m in front of his opponent on a fast break.

jeemak
That really grinds my gears. Bailey Dale should have done better with that............

Otherwise good start, need to make sure we defend well into the wind.

Eastdog
Shame we couldn't keep them goalless for the quarter

Yeah I would have liked that.

Bumper Bulldogs
That’s rubbish from Dale.. just kick the goal!

Yep why not just kick a drop punt

DOG GOD
2 goals in the last min to them, hurt, but I like the way we are playing, except for a few rays of arrogance.

bulldogtragic
25-08-2019, 02:42 PM
Dribble....

Time to destroy any spirit they have left this quarter.

Eastdog
Our defence has been great. Our offensive game had improved quite significantly.

Rocket Science
They haven't been called to action so often as yet but really like the way the back six are working as a unit to mass and repel.

The Bulldogs Bite
25-08-2019, 02:43 PM
Blew chances late then gave away 2 late goals - for all our dominance we are only 29 up.

Dale needs to do better with that last shot. JJ missing two identical ones too

Eastdog
25-08-2019, 02:43 PM
Sign. Dale. Now.

Has recaptured some of that late 2017 form.

GVGjr
25-08-2019, 02:45 PM
The first 10 minutes this quarter could tell the story if we are going break them

whythelongface
25-08-2019, 02:45 PM
Great qtr. Last 2 mins let us down. Sure Bevo will not be happy with that and let the playing group know. Anyway we are dominating and should win this comfortably, however there is some slight concern that it may be closer than we like.

bornadog
25-08-2019, 02:46 PM
McLean Hayes Lippa, Richards less than 10 touches between them

DOG GOD
25-08-2019, 02:48 PM
FFS naughton

Eastdog
25-08-2019, 02:50 PM
Bailey Dale converts!

Eastdog
25-08-2019, 02:50 PM
Bont and Macrae are off the leash

DOG GOD
25-08-2019, 02:52 PM
Geez we should be 60 points up

Eastdog
25-08-2019, 02:53 PM
Absolutely thrashing them!

Rocket Science
25-08-2019, 02:54 PM
Good thing we're dominating because we've left another 30 points on the table so far.

comrade
25-08-2019, 02:56 PM
Zaine’s one on one stats continue to get worse.

AndrewP6
25-08-2019, 02:57 PM
Jones stands still while 3 defenders watch.

jeemak
I'd really much prefer to see Bont kick it from half back rather than have Dunkley running by and kicking it.

JJ needs to use it better too.

Cordy, poor defencive effort.

Vred
Young playing real well

comrade
25-08-2019, 02:59 PM
Young playing real well

If Trengove comes in it won’t be for Young.

Topdog
25-08-2019, 03:00 PM
Feels like we are keeping them in the game with some awful finishing in front of goal

Eastdog
25-08-2019, 03:02 PM
Feels like we are keeping them in the game with some awful finishing in front of goal

Need to take our chances. Just great we had that big start.

BornInDroopSt'54
25-08-2019, 03:03 PM
Those Ballarat goal posts are great recruits.

jeemak
25-08-2019, 03:05 PM
Naughton so suprised JJ hit a target he dropped a sitter!!

Dry Rot
25-08-2019, 03:09 PM
How is Keath going?

BornInDroopSt'54
25-08-2019, 03:11 PM
Bailey Dale you star!

Eastdog
25-08-2019, 03:12 PM
Bailey Dale you star!

Having some kind of a day out.

Mantis
25-08-2019, 03:14 PM
Absolutely dumb by Hunter.

Eastdog
25-08-2019, 03:15 PM
Soft free to Tex. They have got back into this quarter. We simply need to keep that scoreboard ticking over.

BornInDroopSt'54
25-08-2019, 03:16 PM
Bugger leaked late goal from bs free kick. And another far out! Parkin saying its better for us to have a contest than walkover...

westbulldog
25-08-2019, 03:16 PM
2 pathetic decisions gifting them 2 goals

jeemak
25-08-2019, 03:18 PM
Adelaide are just dropping the *!*!*!*!ing footy!

They don't have to handball or kick it!

westbulldog
25-08-2019, 03:19 PM
Great half, need to lockdown
Sloan

Rocket Science
25-08-2019, 03:20 PM
Bevo really enjoyed that gift to Walker.

https://i.ibb.co/N1RtYBq/Screen-Shot-2019-08-25-at-2-14-17-PM.png (https://ibb.co/6vQrsCS)

bulldogtragic
25-08-2019, 03:20 PM
Adelaide are just dropping the *!*!*!*!ing footy!

They don't have to handball or kick it!

Then they pay holding...

I can't believe we haven't killed this game yet with dominance we have had.

Bumper Bulldogs
25-08-2019, 03:21 PM
Boys are in control. Just need one more solid quarter and the season done for the Crows.

Bumper Bulldogs
25-08-2019, 03:22 PM
Bevo really enjoyed that gift to Walker.

https://i.ibb.co/N1RtYBq/Screen-Shot-2019-08-25-at-2-14-17-PM.png (https://ibb.co/6vQrsCS)

As we did. How soft was it. Tex just ran into Hunter hoping to suck the umpire in. He did unbelievable

Rocket Science
25-08-2019, 03:22 PM
Then they pay holding...

I can't believe we haven't killed this game yet with dominance we have had.

Aye, on the cusp of finals we really must maximise our efficiency when we're holding sway.

The bulldog tragician
25-08-2019, 03:23 PM
Why am I still a bundle of nerves?

Mantis
25-08-2019, 03:23 PM
Keeping them in the game with some sloppy play, but no doubt Adel have lifted their intensity. Need a good start to the 3qtr which should hopefully bust it open.

BornInDroopSt'54
25-08-2019, 03:25 PM
Don't mention '97.
Were we 27 up at the change? Let's rewrite history for Libba's goal that wasn't paid.

Mantis
25-08-2019, 03:27 PM
As we did. How soft was it. Tex just ran into Hunter hoping to suck the umpire in. He did unbelievable

Hunter ran into Walker, just dumb when we had numbers at the ball drop... We had weathered their storm and were 39pts clear when we gifted them a goal.

bornadog
25-08-2019, 03:27 PM
Don't mention '97.
Were we 27 up at the change? Let's rewrite history for Libba's goal that wasn't paid.
there is no compensation for that

bulldogtragic
25-08-2019, 03:28 PM
Why am I still a bundle of nerves?

If it means anything, so am I. 1997 PF 3/4 time leaves scars.

jeemak
Hunter ran into Walker, just dumb when we had numbers at the ball drop... We had weathered their storm and were 39pts clear when we gifted them a goal.

Hunter did bump and it was silly, but Walker fell over and milked it and often it wouldn't be paid.

The Bulldogs Bite
If we were a little bit tidier we probably would be 8 goals up.

jeemak
25-08-2019, 03:29 PM
What kind of masochism is it that makes some want to talk about 97 right now?

bulldogtragic
25-08-2019, 03:31 PM

Just saying it's the root of my doubt. I'm happy we are up, but I'm not yet confidant of the win.

The bulldog tragician
25-08-2019, 03:33 PM
It all seemed a bit easy, we dropped a fraction of our intensity I think. Plus our usual bugbear of missing easy shots. We must knuckle down

Bulldog4life
25-08-2019, 03:34 PM
Just saying it's the root of my doubt. I'm happy we are up, but I'm not yet confidant of the win.

2016 should have put that to bed BT.

Bulldog4life
25-08-2019, 03:35 PM
DISPOSALS: J. Macrae 18, M. Suckling 18, J. Dunkley 16

GOALS: Dale 4, Lipinski 2, Bontempelli, Lloyd, West

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Just caught up, was watching on delay.
A lot to really like interspersed with some costly errors.
We hopefully can put the foot down early in the 3rd and kill this contest.
Gee Rhylee West...its like we've got a new Scott West again. He's just not phased, has sublime vision and hands, and is brave to boot.

bulldogtragic
2016 should have put that to bed BT.

The pain yes. Nervousness no. I want a total destruction of them this quarter so I can enjoy the last quarter.

Bumper Bulldogs
25-08-2019, 03:36 PM
Seems a even spread across the ground from the Dogs. I would however like to see McClean and I Richards get a lot more involved

Go_Dogs
Need the first couple after the break.

They were always going to come, we just need to hold firm here.

Mantis
Hunter did bump and it was silly, but Walker fell over and milked it and often it wouldn't be paid.

He did milk it, but don't put yourself in the situation where the umpire has to make a choice.. as we know how that can turn out.

Mantis
25-08-2019, 03:37 PM
Seems a even spread across the ground from the Dogs. I would however like to see McClean and I Richards get a lot more involved

+ Hayes.. A few boys are potentially playing for a spot in an EF.

bornadog
25-08-2019, 03:38 PM
McLean and Hayes 4 each

ledge
25-08-2019, 03:38 PM
Need the first couple after the break.

They were always going to come, we just need to hold firm here.

Not sure they did it was 29 at qtr time and 28 now and they had the wind.

jeemak
25-08-2019, 03:41 PM
That's absolute crap from Bont. Need to nail those shots.

Excellent finish from Toby.

jeemak
25-08-2019, 03:43 PM
Only Lloyd would think that Richards kick was for him, super hungry!

Eastdog
25-08-2019, 03:46 PM
Bont to English! English does not dissapoint.

bulldogtragic
25-08-2019, 03:47 PM
Feeling good now. Put them to the sword and build more confidence.

Eastdog
25-08-2019, 03:49 PM
Lloyd finishes

comrade
25-08-2019, 03:51 PM
Clear free to Schache missed there.

Is English still crook? He’s missed a heap of ruck contests.

BornInDroopSt'54
25-08-2019, 03:53 PM

Knowing we will avenge it.
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

kruder
25-08-2019, 03:53 PM
Mclean doesnt look quite right to me

ledge
25-08-2019, 03:57 PM
Young ??

Mantis
25-08-2019, 03:58 PM
Is there any type of player that Zaine is capable of defending?

comrade
25-08-2019, 03:58 PM
We are getting belted around the clearances yet we’re 7 goals up. Weird.

Mantis
25-08-2019, 04:02 PM
We are getting belted around the clearances yet we’re 7 goals up. Weird.

We’re leading the clearances 29-26.

comrade

No. He’s the worst one on one defender in the league, can’t intercept or kick. Why is he playing?

Rocket Science

He needed to do better but Walker took that mark like a bloke with 15 kgs on his opponent.

comrade
25-08-2019, 04:03 PM
We’re leading the clearances 29-26.

Not this quarter.

BornInDroopSt'54
25-08-2019, 04:09 PM
It all seemed a bit easy, we dropped a fraction of our intensity I think. Plus our usual bugbear of missing easy shots. We must knuckle down

My bro and I were amongst a lot of Crow supporters with no talk. At 3 q time one said to me "you've got it now, you've been too good".
I referred to the Fat Lady
I was not feeling that it would be easy having played in finals myself.

jeemak
25-08-2019, 04:12 PM
Well I'm glad we're still showing our ability to fart around with it and completely butcher opportunities! It was all getting a bit straight forward these past couple of weeks.

Pretty stiff criticism of Cordy in that Walker contest, given the difference in body weight and the fact Walker had prime position.

bornadog
25-08-2019, 04:12 PM
Not this quarter.

33 to 31

azabob
25-08-2019, 04:14 PM
Do Hayes and Richards have run with roles? Hard to tell from the couch.

Testekill
25-08-2019, 04:22 PM
We've really gotta give Dale a contract already, he's only driving up his value.

whythelongface
25-08-2019, 04:27 PM
September here we come

Rocket Science
25-08-2019, 04:29 PM
Feel free to take short steps for the remainder of the game boys.

#noinjuries

Vred
25-08-2019, 04:30 PM
I haven’t been this excited in 3 years

bornadog
25-08-2019, 04:36 PM
Some rubbish turnovers

Mantis
25-08-2019, 04:36 PM
Do Hayes and Richards have run with roles? Hard to tell from the couch.

If they do who would they be running with?

ledge
25-08-2019, 04:37 PM
Like to see is kick another now I don’t like this.

ledge
25-08-2019, 04:39 PM
That’s better .. Macrae :-)

Eastdog
25-08-2019, 04:39 PM
Great goal Macrae!

Rocket Science
25-08-2019, 04:40 PM
JACKOOOO you beaut-yyy

azabob
25-08-2019, 04:42 PM
If they do who would they be running with?

No idea. Just trying to understand their lack of involvement.

DOG GOD
25-08-2019, 04:48 PM
5 for walker, anyone worried what Cameron might do in 2 weeks time

Go_Dogs
25-08-2019, 04:51 PM
Wish we'd finished a bit stronger.

Vulnerable to the high ball deep without JT.

But.....

We're back, baby!!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
25-08-2019, 04:51 PM
5 for walker, anyone worried what Cameron might do next week ?

I'm more worried what he might do the week after that.

Mantis
25-08-2019, 04:52 PM
No idea. Just trying to understand their lack of involvement.

It's a similar involvement to what we see from them every week.

azabob
25-08-2019, 04:52 PM

But.....

We're back, baby!!

I think we are all concerned with our key defenders.

Mantis
25-08-2019, 04:53 PM

He simply has to play the first final.

DOG GOD
25-08-2019, 04:53 PM
I'm more worried what he might do the week after that.

Yes, fixed ��

jeemak
25-08-2019, 04:55 PM
Awesome effort from the lads, super impressive from the start of the game. Finish off a little better and it's a ten or eleven goal win.

chef
25-08-2019, 04:56 PM
You bewty.

ledge
25-08-2019, 04:56 PM
Think we took the foot off the pedal to be honest.

Mantis
25-08-2019, 04:58 PM
Very professional performance for much of it... youngest team for the round and we got the job done when it mattered.

Dry Rot
25-08-2019, 04:59 PM
He simply has to play the first final.

So who you do drop for Trengrove?

bornadog
25-08-2019, 05:04 PM
What a great coaching effort this year.

Mantis
25-08-2019, 05:06 PM
So who you do drop for Trengrove?

It's really tough... GWS will play 3 talls up forward (Cameron, Finlayson & Himmelberg) and how will match up with them will be very interesting. Will we pay 3 talls (JT, Young & Cordy) or play 2 of these and have Wood, Crozier or Suckling play tall? Our mix of 2 talls and Duryea, JJ, Suckling, Crozier & Wood is working well, but GWS offer a different proposition... Lots of interesting decisions to be had.

Rocket Science
25-08-2019, 05:20 PM
https://i.ibb.co/z6PDk22/beware.png (https://ibb.co/TWPdC00)

I'll see myself out.

kruder
25-08-2019, 05:36 PM
Absolutely rapt to make the finals we still have obvious flaws but 100% this group is good enough to mix it with the upper echelon of the competition.

ledge
25-08-2019, 05:38 PM
Absolutely rapt to make the finals we still have obvious flaws but 100% this group is good enough to mix it with the upper echelon of the competition.

Finals this year is a great step into next year as we really start to march forward.

kruder
25-08-2019, 05:39 PM
It's really tough... GWS will play 3 talls up forward (Cameron, Finlayson & Himmelberg) and how will match up with them will be very interesting. Will we pay 3 talls (JT, Young & Cordy) or play 2 of these and have Wood, Crozier or Suckling play tall? Our mix of 2 talls and Duryea, JJ, Suckling, Crozier & Wood is working well, but GWS offer a different proposition... Lots of interesting decisions to be had.

I think without Caleb in defence we can afford to go 2 talls with Wood,Crozier, Sucking and Duryea to help out as you say. The big question which 2 talls? JT has to play, with Cordy/Young line ball.

merantau
25-08-2019, 05:42 PM
It was a really good team performance again. They got a few junk time goals that made the result look a bit more respectable from their POV.
But if you look at contest we were far, far better than them when the ball was in dispute. We had a lot more run and the handball club was definitely up and ... handballing.
Macrae - He was here, there and ...EVERYWHERE! What a player.

bulldogtragic
25-08-2019, 05:45 PM
Imagine if at the start of the year someone said, we will be down the bottom of the ladder, Naughton won't be a full back, Tom Boyd will retire early with Picko, we head into the final part of the H&A season without Libba, Daniel, Morris & Wally for a good chunk of it. That in round 23, a virtual elim final, we'd head in with a squad of 22 consisting of two recycled players from 2018, a full back with only a few AFEL games, and playing our first, second and fourth round draftees from the 2018 draft.

That kind of crazy hasn't been heard of since 2016.

merantau
25-08-2019, 06:08 PM
What's better than beating Adelaide and getting into the finals? Beating Adelaide and tipping Hawthorn OUT!

Rocket Science
25-08-2019, 06:09 PM
Imagine if at the start of the year someone said, we will be down the bottom of the ladder, Naughton won't be a full back, Tom Boyd will retire early with Picko, we head into the final part of the H&A season without Libba, Daniel, Morris & Wally for a good chunk of it. That in round 23, a virtual elim final, we'd head in with a squad of 22 consisting of two recycled players from 2018, a full back with only a few AFEL games, and playing our first, second and fourth round draftees from the 2018 draft.

That kind of crazy hasn't been heard of since 2016.

I like where you're going with this.

Myriad speed-bumps in the rear vision mirror aside, Bevo and the support staff have done a masterful job of helping this team locate top gear at just the right time of year.

He couldn't do it again. Could he?

Okay I'll stop.

Eastdog
25-08-2019, 06:13 PM
So happy! We are in the finals!
That’s all

Go Dogs!

G-Mo77
25-08-2019, 06:32 PM
I was sitting watching with my brothers today, 1 is a Saint supporter, 1 is a Demon and it got me thinking how lucky I am to support this club. We're back in the finals baby!!

Eastdog
25-08-2019, 06:42 PM
I was sitting watching with my brothers today, 1 is a Saint supporter, 1 is a Demon and it got me thinking how lucky I am to support this club. We're back in the finals baby!!

My brother is a Magpie. First time our teams have been in the finals together since 2010.

LostDoggy
25-08-2019, 07:21 PM
Youngest side in the round. Very satisfying win. New dogs.

azabob
25-08-2019, 07:31 PM
Lloyd has had a quietish few weeks.

He can appear to be selfish and not necessarily so team orientated things.

Is his spot in trouble if Dickson is fit?

Mantis
25-08-2019, 07:33 PM
Lloyd has had a quietish few weeks.

He can appear to be selfish and not necessarily so team orientated things.

Is his spot in trouble if Dickson is fit?

No way.. West is surely the next player out in the forward area.

GVGjr
25-08-2019, 07:42 PM

Sorry to side track the thread but how the hell does that happen? 3 brothers 3 different sides?

chef
25-08-2019, 07:44 PM
Sorry to side track the thread but how the hell does that happen? 3 brothers 3 different sides?

Me and my 3 brothers all go for diffferent teams.

GVGjr
25-08-2019, 07:50 PM
Me and my 3 brothers all go for diffferent teams.

And how did that happen? My grandparents would have sorted that out very quickly :)

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
25-08-2019, 07:50 PM
Just got home - so happy! Feeling confident for next week

1eyedog
25-08-2019, 07:54 PM
A brother and ten cousins in my family never had any choice.

1eyedog
25-08-2019, 07:55 PM

Someone getting married in your family?

GVGjr
25-08-2019, 07:56 PM

I get that you mean the week after. Good times

Eastdog
25-08-2019, 07:59 PM
A brother and ten cousins in my family never had any choice.

There are a quite a few woofers on here who have siblings who support different teams. G-mo77, chef, Sedat, Max469 to name a few.

SonofScray
25-08-2019, 08:00 PM
Today was terrific. Took care of business. A finals berth with the season we’ve put up is a good outcome, a win in the first week would be very satisfying. We are good enough, but it’ll take some work.

chef
25-08-2019, 08:00 PM
And how did that happen? My grandparents would have sorted that out very quickly :)

Haha yeah i dont really know, its just always been the case. There was no real pushing of clubs and you just organically chose who you want. I chose us in the early eighties because of our colours and logo.

Dad is another different club all together while mum is the same as one brother.

Geelong
Bombers ×2
Hawks
Roos
Dogs

Sedat
25-08-2019, 08:01 PM
A thoroughly enjoyable day at Ballarat. That was a very mature performance for such a young team, and we passed a test that we've failed so many times before - the ability to get the job done when favored to.

Our starts to all 4 quarters today were excellent and immediately put Adelaide on the back foot. It was not a perfect performance but it was a decisive one.

We are ready to make an impact in finals.

Eastdog
25-08-2019, 08:01 PM
My case:

Dad not into the footy much.
Mum is a Demon
I am a Bulldog
My younger bro is a Magpie

So great to be a Bulldog!

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
25-08-2019, 08:04 PM
Someone getting married in your family?
Forgot about the bye

GVGjr
25-08-2019, 08:04 PM
Haha yeah i dont really know, its just always been the case. There was no real pushing of clubs and you just organically chose who you want. I chose us in the early eighties because of our colours and logo.

Dad is another different club all together while mum is the same as one brother.

Geelong
Bombers ×2
Hawks
Roos
Dogs

My grandfather could not comprehend kids barracking for different sides. I wouldn't have been allowed into Couch Street Sunshine if I wasn't fully on board with the Dogs and I haven't regretted it all.

I had distant cousins who's 3 boys all supported each of the 3 C's.
Carlton, Collingwood and Essendon :) and my grandfather could never accept that

GVGjr
25-08-2019, 08:05 PM
Today was terrific. Took care of business. A finals berth with the season we’ve put up is a good outcome, a win in the first week would be very satisfying. We are good enough, but it’ll take some work.

Professional effort. Shame we let them back with some late scores but I'm being very greedy :)

Eastdog
25-08-2019, 08:06 PM
I have a 2nd cousin who is a Dogs fan and the only one in his family.

G-Mo77
25-08-2019, 08:16 PM

Mum is Cats and Dad was a Lions supporter.

I've turned that theme around though. My wife is a Bulldog supporters, I asked that the day I met her and my son is now a Doggies boy.

merantau
25-08-2019, 08:31 PM
So who's going to Sydney? Would be great to pack the place out with Red, White and Blue.

1eyedog
25-08-2019, 08:49 PM
There are a quite a few woofers on here who have siblings who support different teams. G-mo77, chef, Sedat, Max469 to name a few.

Poor buggers.

bornadog
25-08-2019, 08:55 PM
Dogs by 33

First Goal Dale

BOG Macrae - 40 plus disposals

Pretty close with this. Macrae could have been BOG, and had 36 disp.

azabob
25-08-2019, 08:58 PM
Pretty close with this. Macrae could have been BOG, and had 36 disp.

If you give Macrae 4 votes in the Marmo you can claim it...

Eastdog
25-08-2019, 08:59 PM
Poor buggers.

I do enjoy the family rivalry with the footy :)

Eastdog
25-08-2019, 09:00 PM
Mum is Cats and Dad was a Lions supporter.

I've turned that theme around though. My wife is a Bulldog supporters, I asked that the day I met her and my son is now a Doggies boy.

I’m still single but that could be similar in the future for me.

angelopetraglia
25-08-2019, 10:43 PM
My first time attending a game at Ballarat. Had an awesome day all round. Good drive up and back from Melbourne (eastern suburbs) and thought that the overall atmosphere and old school suburban feel was fantastic. We sat in the front row near the 50m line and the entire family had a blast. Never looked in doubt after we piled on the first six goals.

Half the family is locked and loaded for the Sydney trip (the other half have prior commitments unfortunately).

My Dad, my mum, my brother, my sister, my wife (converted), my son, my daughter, my two nephews .... All Bulldog supporters. It's fantastic to have a passion like the footy in common with the entire family.

Twodogs
25-08-2019, 11:12 PM
I can't remember us ever having the first ten scoring shots in a match. In a game where we had to stamp our authority from the outset it was a great start. We are used to us going to water on days like today I am so rapt that we didn't.

dukedog
26-08-2019, 09:22 AM
Wow. There are a few boys in our team who are playing some seriously good football. Structure look very good.... leading up at the ball in the forward 50. Who is this team? Midfield and forwards are premiership material. Backline not quite at the level. But what a turn around by the boys from halfway point of season... a few teams are gonna be nervous.

jazzadogs
26-08-2019, 09:44 AM
Wow. There are a few boys in our team who are playing some seriously good football. Structure look very good.... leading up at the ball in the forward 50. Who is this team? Midfield and forwards are premiership material. Backline not quite at the level. But what a turn around by the boys from halfway point of season... a few teams are gonna be nervous.

Our backline might not be 'premiership material' on its own, but our team defence is at the level. You don't kick big streaks of unanswered goals purely because of your forward line.

hujsh
26-08-2019, 10:47 AM
I’m still single but that could be similar in the future for me.

The way Melbourne is now you're pretty likely to find someone with no interest in the footy or who's from another country/state where it's not really a thing. Better than an Essendope supporter for sure.

1eyedog
29-08-2019, 07:03 PM
Our backline might not be 'premiership material' on its own, but our team defence is at the level. You don't kick big streaks of unanswered goals purely because of your forward line.

At the start of 2016 who would have thought a Geelong reject, a Footscray level dour defender and a first year player would be the backbone of our defence?