PDA

View Full Version : I'm excited.

Twodogs
25-08-2019, 10:46 PM
I can't remember being as genuinely excited by a young group of players at our club as I am by this group.

We have a better midfield group than I can remember us having with Tim English feeding the ball to them. We have a really promising full forward in Schache, a genuine key position player who can play well at either end in Naughton and a defensive back 6 who could play together for another 5 years. And we have the Bont.

I hope we grab this opportunity we have worked our way into. These chances don't come along often so let's not waste it. Go doggies, let's win the flag!!!

strebla
25-08-2019, 10:59 PM
Do you think our back 6 are better with JT down there ???

The bulldog tragician
25-08-2019, 11:27 PM
I can't remember being as genuinely excited by a young group of players at our club as I am by this group.

We have a better midfield group than I can remember us having with Tim English feeding the ball to them. We have a really promising full forward in Schache, a genuine key position player who can play well at either end in Naughton and a defensive back 6 who could play together for another 5 years. And we have the Bont.

I hope we grab this opportunity we have worked our way into. These chances don't come along often so let's not waste it. Go doggies, let's win the flag!!!

Seize the day. We’ve been relatively fortunate with injury this year. We know better than any others that these opportunities are precious, and rare.

Eastdog
26-08-2019, 12:05 AM
Huge opportunity to see what we can do and give the rest of the competition a scare. After witnessing 2016 and what we did in that final series anything is possible. Our form line is real encouraging. We have beaten 3 of the top 4 sides this year and came close to beating the other one twice.

As TBT said it is refreshing that we have had some luck on the injury front this season.

Our forwards, mids and defenders are working very well together and we have unearthed our future ruck star in Tim English. Bailey Smith has been amazing this year. What a first season he has had very much like Aaron Naughton in 2018. Our recruiters have done a great job in recent times.

Mofra
26-08-2019, 01:27 AM
On top of the OP's comments - we have possibly the most cap space of any club in the competition, and are by far the youngest side in the top 8. We have a real opportunity to set ourselves up for a sustained stay at the top of the ladder.

Then we get a bunch of top end talent next year with our FS/NGA picks too.

Hotdog60
26-08-2019, 06:53 AM
While I'm hoping we can go all the way in September I'm extremely happy how the team has turned around what could have been another wasted season.
I'm worried that GWS may want to take revenge for the embarrassment that we gave them last week and we will have our hands full.
The players and coaches will need to be switched on a 100% to get into the next week.
If we can get past GWS then the sky's the limit.

Bumper Bulldogs
26-08-2019, 07:51 AM
I'm worried that GWS may want to take revenge for the embarrassment that we gave them last week and we will have our hands full.
The players and coaches will need to be switched on a 100% to get into the next week.

Truer word have not been spoken. This is ours to lose. We should get the job done

merantau
26-08-2019, 08:47 AM
I've booked the hotel. When do the tickets go on sale?

The Underdog
26-08-2019, 09:07 AM
I've booked the hotel. When do the tickets go on sale?

Thursday

merantau
26-08-2019, 09:30 AM
Yep, 9am - 1pm members. 2pm General Public. Go Dogs!

hujsh
26-08-2019, 10:43 AM
While I'm hoping we can go all the way in September I'm extremely happy how the team has turned around what could have been another wasted season.
I'm worried that GWS may want to take revenge for the embarrassment that we gave them three years ago and we will have our hands full.

Fixed that for you