PDA

View Full Version : Farren Ray

GVGjr
19-02-2008, 06:44 AM
This from the Hun

WESTERN Bulldog Farren Ray is the latest injury casualty as the AFL reels from a horror weekend.

In a big blow, the midfielder is set to miss the start of the home-and-away season.

Ray will miss four to six weeks after suffering a cracked fibula in the club's 11-point NAB Cup win against the Kangaroos on Friday night.

4 to 6 weeks is a big chunk of his pre-season.

FrediKanoute
19-02-2008, 07:20 AM
Ouch!!! That's disappointing as he was set for a BIG year. Its a gap in the starting 22, who do you think will get first crack at it?

DOG GOD
19-02-2008, 08:27 AM
Shocking news. Farren looked set for a break out year. He had his body looking AFL ready so this is a BIG blow for him and the club. :(

Hope for a speedy recovery, and not too much of a setback for him.

Dry Rot
19-02-2008, 10:14 AM
I thought it looked more serious than a rolled ankle.

Go_Dogs
19-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Disappointing news for Farren. Hopefully, although he won't be able to run or anything for a while, he'll be able to maintain some level of conditioning. Certainly opens the door for one of Addison and Higgins, and doesn't bode well for our midfield with question marks over Gia due to his restricted pre-season.

Dry Rot
19-02-2008, 10:37 AM
So how many guys have had a buggered pre-season now?

Gia, Skipper, Williams and now Ray? Anybody else?

Makes at least 3 out of an expected Rd 1 22 player starting lineup.

Twodogs
19-02-2008, 10:46 AM
So how many guys have had a buggered pre-season now?

Gia, Skipper, Williams and now Ray? Anybody else?

Makes at least 3 out of an expected Rd 1 22 player starting lineup.

From memory it's been just those guys and one of the rookies. Callum Ward has missed a few sessions due to school.

Mantis
19-02-2008, 11:00 AM
I think it opens up a spot for players like Eagleton and Harbrow maybe even Hargrave who I would expect to be there abouts for selection as well as the 2 previously mentioned in this thread.

We do have a bit more depth with our mid sized players this year which will make selection difficult in the 2nd half of the year especially barring the amount of injuries we have copped over the previous 2 years.

LostDoggy
19-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Farren looked set for a break out year. .

An unfortunate choice of words

The Bulldogs Bite
19-02-2008, 02:26 PM
That's a big blow, he looked in very good touch - the best I've seen him. Physically bigger but his game seemed more complete; stronger sticking tackles, kept his feet at all times, played the in * under game well whilst providing run and good skills.

Hopefully he comes back without missing a beat.

Bulldog Revolution
19-02-2008, 04:17 PM
Bad news - looked set for great things in 08

I've had a cracked tibia and it took quite a while to recover - although admittedly I was not devoted to my rehab full time like Farren

Topdog
19-02-2008, 04:23 PM
bloody hell, so much for a rolled ankle.

4-6 is very harsh on the youngster.

Bulldog Revolution
19-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Eade says that its not the weight bearing bone so it may not interrupt his work as much as we think.

Our fitness guys seem to do a pretty reasonable job of working guys who cant run and they've had plenty of practice with Darcy, Murphy, Hahn, Williams, Gia etc

bornadog
17-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Set to play this week end.

http://westernbulldogs.com.au/tabid/4112/Default.aspx?newsid=58087