PDA

View Full Version : Final 1 - for those not going to the game

Eastdog
01-09-2019, 09:05 PM
While there is a number of Woofers heading to Sydney for the big game next Saturday just wondering for those Woofers who won’t be going where you’ll be catching the game.

Myself: At home on the couch - same spot I watched the 2016 elimination final and 2016 prelim final.

I’ll start the game day thread for Final 1 this week and Woofers can put their predictions in as per usual.

comrade
01-09-2019, 10:17 PM
While there is a number of Woofers heading to Sydney for the big game next Saturday just wondering for those Woofers who won’t be going where you’ll be catching the game.

Myself: At home on the couch - same spot I watched the 2016 elimination final and 2016 prelim final.

I’ll start the game day thread for Final 1 this week and Woofers can put their predictions in as per usual.

I'll be watching with my brother from the same pub as we did for the 2016 elim.

HOSE B ROMERO
01-09-2019, 10:36 PM
From either the couch at home or up at the club; wherever my son wants to watch it.

Tipping dogs to win by 3 points (in honour of our no. 3 Mitch Wallis who will miss the finals just like he sadly did in 2016).

Happy Days
01-09-2019, 10:55 PM
I'll be watching with my brother from the same pub as we did for the 2016 elim.

Same (although not with your brother).

Hotdog60
01-09-2019, 11:10 PM
Because I'll be away on Hols, it will a replay on Thursday night. I hope it doesn't ruin the end of my holidays and the weekend.

Twodogs
02-09-2019, 12:42 PM
Same (although not with your brother).

What's wrong with Comrade's brother? I've only heard lovely things about him.

Eastdog
02-09-2019, 12:51 PM
My brother is going on Friday night he is a Pies fan. We could be playing each other in a few weeks if we advance through these early weeks of the finals. If the Pies win on Friday night will be playing them if we win in Week 1 and 2.

BornInDroopSt'54
05-09-2019, 02:42 PM
I (Frankston) will probably go with my two sons (Carlton) to FB Footscray Fanboy (is that you YHF?) to Victoria Hotel Footscray or Whiiten Oval.

dadsgirl16
05-09-2019, 04:10 PM
Going to the Yarraville Club to watch...I can walk home from there if needs be (celebrating or drowning the sorrows)

Twodogs
05-09-2019, 04:30 PM
Going to the Yarraville Club to watch...I can walk home from there if needs be (celebrating or drowning the sorrows)

We went for dinner at the Yarraville Club a few weeks ago and sitting at the next table was Jake Stringer!

ratsmac
05-09-2019, 04:37 PM
I'll be at a mates place doing a double header. Us first then Richmond Brisbane. He's Richmond so I'll have to pretend I want them to win or he'll probably turf me out.

I am not sure if I am at all happy about watching a final in front of non fellow supporters at their house. They won't understand when I complain about umpiring that is most probably fair and scream my head off for no reason at all.

Axe Man
05-09-2019, 04:38 PM
I (Frankston) will probably go with my two sons (Carlton) to FB Footscray Fanboy (is that you YHF?) to Victoria Hotel Footscray or Whiiten Oval.

I could be wrong but I thought Footscray Fanboy was Rocco Jones?

I will be in the city celebrating my wife's birthday (hence why I can't go to Sydney). I will be going to watch the game at Crown (probably at the sportsbar), my wife and friends can do what they like.

ledge
05-09-2019, 06:51 PM
Macs hotel Melton , probably watch the reserves there too .. sportsbar meal , a few keno games and everyone’s a winner. ( I get half price meals at all ALH pubs :-)5% off all drinks )

Dry Rot
05-09-2019, 07:56 PM
Sydney Saturday forecast: 11 - 20 degrees. Partly cloudy. Winds westerly 35 to 50 km/h.

Those strong winds will be blowing across the ground. Will that help us? The advantage of their superior foot skills may be reduced. More chaos balls for us?

1eyedog
05-09-2019, 08:03 PM
Sydney Saturday forecast: 11 - 20 degrees. Partly cloudy. Winds westerly 35 to 50 km/h.

Those strong winds will be blowing across the ground. Will that help us? The advantage of their superior foot skills may be reduced. More chaos balls for us?

Was wondering the same thing. We are playing a beautiful brand of footy ourselves at the moment I think the wind affects both teams equally.

Twodogs
05-09-2019, 08:10 PM
Macs hotel Melton , probably watch the reserves there too .. sportsbar meal , a few keno games and everyone’s a winner. ( I get half price meals at all ALH pubs :-)5% off all drinks )

How come you get the meal discount ledge?

BTW Keno is the most addictive gambling game in the world.

Eastdog
05-09-2019, 08:48 PM
https://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/season/finals/where-to-watch-the-game

While the match will be broadcast on Channel Seven live and free, if you are Victorian based and wish to watch the elimination final with fellow Bulldogs supporters there are four Bulldogs Friendly Venues that will be showing the game on a big screen.

Railway Hotel, Yarraville (35 Anderson Street, Yarraville)
Mona Castle Hotel, Footscray (45-53 Austin St, Footscray)
The Prince Albert Hotel, Williamstown (149 Douglas Parade, Williamstown)
Sanctuary Lakes Hotel, Point Cook (280 Point Cook Rd, Point Cook)

There will be no live site at VU Whitten Oval for the elimination final, while Barkers Café will also not be showing the game on the big screen.

Twodogs
05-09-2019, 08:56 PM
https://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/season/finals/where-to-watch-the-game

While the match will be broadcast on Channel Seven live and free, if you are Victorian based and wish to watch the elimination final with fellow Bulldogs supporters there are four Bulldogs Friendly Venues that will be showing the game on a big screen.

Railway Hotel, Yarraville (35 Anderson Street, Yarraville)
Mona Castle Hotel, Footscray (45-53 Austin St, Footscray)
The Prince Albert Hotel, Williamstown (149 Douglas Parade, Williamstown)
Sanctuary Lakes Hotel, Point Cook (280 Point Cook Rd, Point Cook)

There will be no live site at VU Whitten Oval for the elimination final, while Barkers Café will also not be showing the game on the big screen.

Back in the late '80s I lived in North street in Footscray and the Mona was at the end of our street. The first time my housemate and I went for a drink he said to me "why are we getting so many strange looks?" I said "Mate. Have a good look around the bar, we're the only blokes in here with earrings and died hair" After a bit a couple of the locals started on us until they worked out that we were born and bred in Footscray too. That and the fact the next time we went we took a dozen mates with us!

bornadog
06-09-2019, 06:01 PM
WA supporters are meeting at the Inglewood

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EDu96xkUcAANm0L?format=jpg&name=large

ledge
06-09-2019, 07:54 PM
How come you get the meal discount ledge?

BTW Keno is the most addictive gambling game in the world.

I work for Woolworths.. half price meals at all (ALH venues ) 5%off all drinks.
I introduced a guy to keno last week , 10 games , spot 15 he got 10 numbers $250 !

Daughter of the West
06-09-2019, 08:13 PM
I work for Woolworths.. half price meals at all (ALH venues ) 5%off all drinks.
I introduced a guy to keno last week , 10 games , spot 15 he got 10 numbers $250 !

Hey!!!! When I worked for ALH there was none of that - is that a recent development?

ledge
06-09-2019, 08:25 PM
Hey!!!! When I worked for ALH there was none of that - is that a recent development?

Started in March this year, apparently patronage has improved 60%.,the good thing is you can use your card for family and friends , I have a lot of new friends nowadays, :-)
Sports bar $15 a steak I’m getting it for $7.50 Parma the same , two lamb shanks $11 , think I’ve just about been through the whole menu now, I’m single, live alone cost more buying it and cooking it myself.