PDA

View Full Version : Who's jumping out of their skin?

Twodogs
02-09-2019, 11:49 AM
I certainly am, finals coming up and the Bont a big chance to take Charlie home. A month ago I wouldnt have given a fanny full of cold water for our chances but momentum is a funny beast and when you've got it you can do anything.

Now the bye weekend is out the way the game is coming into sharp focus. GWS in Sydney aren't going to be a walkover, for one thing they will get a lot of quality players back since the last time we played them and that's after they have already bought a few back late in the season. This is going to be awesome. I haven't looked forward to a game the way I am looking forward to this one since the 2016 Granny. Go dogs!!! Arna 'Scray.

Scraggers
02-09-2019, 11:53 AM
It's funny, but the two years of not making finals after the Grand Final win seem very insignificant right now. Bring on Saturday night.

bornadog
02-09-2019, 12:05 PM
I can't wait but I am also cautiously nervous.

Twodogs
02-09-2019, 12:06 PM
It's funny, but the two years of not making finals after the Grand Final win seem very insignificant right now. Bring on Saturday night.

It all leads us to where we are right in the here and now. We need to grab the moment, take the opportunity and not worry about what has happened in the past.

Although history tells us that we have never lost a final to GWS. Let's break their pea hearts again!

Twodogs
02-09-2019, 12:08 PM
I can't wait but I am also cautiously nervous.

Enjoy that feeling BAD, that tension is what footy is all about. If we could bottle the essence of what we are feeling now and sell it we'd make a fortune. But we can't so we will just have to enjoy keeping this feeling to ourselves.

Eastdog
02-09-2019, 12:49 PM
Big game. I’m just happy to get into the finals after it was looking at one stage very unlikely. Let’s be ready for them as I expect they’ll come out firing so will need to be at our best to win.

AndrewP6
02-09-2019, 01:17 PM
Looking forward to it. Never thought we'd be there so it's a great feeling. Nervous as hell, but.... Why not us?

1eyedog
02-09-2019, 01:55 PM
Imagine jagging another one this year OMFG Bevo will be canonised St Bevo of Footscray.

Dancin' Douggy
02-09-2019, 02:00 PM
I have a feeling GWS will overdo the fireworks.
Shaw will lose his cool again. Toby Mc *^%$#% face will give away a few 50s.

We will coolly and calmly slice them apart.

Bulldog4life
02-09-2019, 02:12 PM

Yes I heard Cameron being interviewed. He said they didn't come out hard enough last time.

Eastdog
02-09-2019, 04:59 PM

I hope we can pile on more misery for the plastics.

Eastdog
02-09-2019, 05:00 PM
Imagine jagging another one this year OMFG Bevo will be canonised St Bevo of Footscray.

That would be amazing!

Mofra
02-09-2019, 05:02 PM
We win via a goal after the siren from Heath Shaw giving away a free kick.

Eastdog
02-09-2019, 05:22 PM
I’m imaging celebrating the 2019 flag the next day after the GF at Whitten Oval again. We need to take it one week at a time but I’m dreaming. That was an amazing day. 30,000 of our supporters there and I’m proud to say I was one of them.

I was coming from the eastern suburbs and I remember when I got to Flinders st station they were saying take the next train for the Whitten Oval as they knew there were lots of Dogs supporters there.

Rocket Science
02-09-2019, 05:53 PM

Is there anything surer?

They'll be coming for the Bont too no doubt. Good luck with that.

Eyes on the prize lads and cement these chumps as our September bunnies.

Dancin' Douggy
02-09-2019, 07:22 PM
Yes I heard Cameron being interviewed. He said they didn't come out hard enough last time.

Geez it's so predictable.

Twodogs
02-09-2019, 07:30 PM
Is there anything surer?

They'll be coming for the Bont too no doubt. Good luck with that.

Eyes on the prize lads and cement these chumps as our September bunnies.

One of my early footy coaches once told me that my best asset on the field was my "supremely punchable *!*!*!*!ing head" Toby has a similar advantage. He just has to look at an opponent and it seems to drive them mad.

RS is right. It's going to be a torrid opening but if we can keep our heads and our focus on the ball we will win.

AshMac
03-09-2019, 07:44 PM
I can’t let a “fanny full of cold water” through to the keeper.

Bravo sir. Outstanding analogy

westdog54
03-09-2019, 07:52 PM
I'm just shattered that we don't have Clay Smith to get under Heath Shaw's skin again.

Whatever he said to him in the prelim was effective.

Twodogs
03-09-2019, 08:24 PM
I can’t let a “fanny full of cold water” through to the keeper.

Bravo sir. Outstanding analogy

My dear old dad had a million of those little adages or sayings but 'fanny full of cold water' was right up there. "not worth a pinch of shit in a thunder storm" was a favourite too. and 'Sparrow's fart' for dawn.

AshMac
03-09-2019, 11:45 PM
My dear old dad had a million of those little adages or sayings but 'fanny full of cold water' was right up there. "not worth a pinch of shit in a thunder storm" was a favourite too. and 'Sparrow's fart' for dawn.

Its important we maintain our heritage and culture :)

SonofScray
04-09-2019, 09:28 AM
I'm excited, but not exactly full of belief. That will change if we can get up this weekend. It's been such a strange season, I had Bevo sacked early in the year, I stand by my logic at the time. That being said, he deserves credit for lifting his game as much as the lads have. There's a spring in the step and a full arsenal at his disposal.

I think we are good enough on our day. We might need to out fox a few to ensure we have enough Days in a row. Bashing GWS could do the trick. Or let them blow themselves up with niggle etc and back ourselves in to hit the scoreboard. Shop Early, one way or another.

Yeah, I'm excited.

G-Mo77
04-09-2019, 07:13 PM
Not really.....yet.

It just seems odd, I was trying to explain how I thought of our chances to a guy at work. Every game I watched live we'd been awful and lost almost every time. The Freo win was the only victory I saw in person. It's hard to wipe those terrible performances out of the memory bank and focus on what we've done well in recent weeks. I'm sitting here waiting for the letdown, I expected it in Round 23. Our midfield is mint but feel we're very vulnerable down back and still fairly green up forward. I don't know what to predict now? I'll just go in, thinking we'll lose like I have done the past few weeks. Why change something while we're winning? ;)

Doc26
05-09-2019, 10:39 AM
Not really.....yet.

It just seems odd, I was trying to explain how I thought of our chances to a guy at work. Every game I watched live we'd been awful and lost almost every time. The Freo win was the only victory I saw in person. It's hard to wipe those terrible performances out of the memory bank and focus on what we've done well in recent weeks. I'm sitting here waiting for the letdown, I expected it in Round 23. Our midfield is mint but feel we're very vulnerable down back and still fairly green up forward. I don't know what to predict now? I'll just go in, thinking we'll lose like I have done the past few weeks. Why change something while we're winning? ;)

I'm not sure after so many years of emotional investment and tumoil in following the Club whether I could ever reach the stage of 'jumping out of my skin' going into a final. Unfortunately going into finals I align far more with nervous apprehension with a touch of anticipation, and if the result does go our way, then a combination of joy and relief .

Axe Man
05-09-2019, 12:06 PM
I'm just shattered that we don't have Clay Smith to get under Heath Shaw's skin again.

Whatever he said to him in the prelim was effective.

Assuming Libba doesn't get up to play can we get him running water or something to rile up the plastics?

bornadog
05-09-2019, 12:34 PM
Assuming Libba doesn't get up to play can we get him running water or something to rile up the plastics?

Great idea

BornInDroopSt'54
05-09-2019, 12:50 PM
In Bevo we trust to have the players ready and motivated. We' ve won five out of six finals with Bevo and should have won the one we missed on. That needled, indignant attitude he's always had towards things that stand in our way like GWS and pox face, Bevo infuses into the team.

Mantis
05-09-2019, 01:19 PM
In Bevo we trust to have the players ready and motivated. We' ve won five out of six finals with Bevo and should have won the one we missed on. That needled, indignant attitude he's always had towards things that stand in our way like GWS and pox face, Bevo infuses into the team.

Isn't it 4 out of 5?

BornInDroopSt'54
05-09-2019, 02:46 PM
Isn't it 4 out of 5?

You're right thanks, getting ahead of myself unless I know something that I didn't know I know.