PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Elimination Final Game Day - GWS Giants V Western Bulldogs

Pages : [1] 2

Eastdog
03-09-2019, 04:31 PM
https://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-09-03/elimination-final-preview-greater-western-sydney-v-western-bulldogs

Elimination final preview: Greater Western Sydney v Western Bulldogs
Adam Curley
Sep 3, 2019 2:15PM

Where and when: Giants Stadium, Saturday September 7, 3.20pm AEST

TV, radio and online: Click here for broadcast guide

What it means for GWS: The Giants were embarrassed by the Dogs when they met at the same venue in round 22, but they know that result has no bearing on this week's final. With some big names back, they'll be keen to show the visitors just how good their best is and end the Bullies' season.

What it means for the Bulldogs: An outstanding run of form after the mid-season bye wasn't enough to snatch a home final, but the Dogs are in ominous touch. Get past the Giants and the momentum continues.

The stat: 10.9 (69): that's how much the Dogs scored against the Giants in the second half in round 22, while the home side could manage just 0.5. GWS gave up 63 inside 50s that day, lost the contested possession count (150-130) and tackles (80-58).

The match-up: Josh Kelly v Lachie Hunter

The two left-footers are both ball-magnets on the wing for their respective sides. Kelly probably causes more damage by foot and can also move into the midfield when needed, but Hunter is an accumulator who never stops running.

It's a big week for: Matt de Boer

The tagger will go to Bulldogs superstar Marcus Bontempelli like he did in round 22, and his role will have a significant say in the result if he can reduce the effectiveness of the star midfielder. He's had two games back from a serious shoulder injury, so de Boer will be tough to shake.

Big call: Young guns Josh Dunkley and Tim Taranto will go head to head in the midfield and combine for 70-plus possessions and 20-plus tackles.

Prediction: Bulldogs by eight points

Remi Moses
03-09-2019, 06:41 PM
Well folks not only has spring sprung but it’s the season of miracles .
The plastics up in arms about the Bont not being suspended for the outcome of the Haynes injury , yet miraculously Haynes is able to play this weekend ! How insane Is it that players are suspended on outcomes and in some cases outcomes that are wrong

Grantysghost
03-09-2019, 06:54 PM
The plastics up in arms about the Bont not being suspended for the outcome of the Haynes injury , yet miraculously Haynes is able to play this weekend ! How insane Is it that players are suspended on outcomes and in some cases outcomes that are wrong

How quickly do tracheostomies heal these days? The wonders of modern medicine.

AshMac
03-09-2019, 07:47 PM

Essentially - GWS wanted Bont suspended for longer than the player would have missed w injury....

Eastdog
03-09-2019, 08:24 PM
Was great to start another finals thread. Go Dogs!

Eastdog
04-09-2019, 01:44 PM
https://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2019-09-03/elimination-final-the-battle-within-the-battle

Elimination Final: The battle within the battle
Mac McGowan (AFL Media)
Sep 3, 2019 4:27PM

The battles within the (football) war.

Plenty needs to go right for a team to win an AFL final, so players taking the honours in their individual match-up or positional groups are crucial pieces of the overall puzzle.

AFL.com.au, with help from the competition's official number-cruncher Champion Data, has delved into the key midfield match-up in the GWS vs Western Bulldogs Elimination Final clash.

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY v WESTERN BULLDOGS

This game brings together a large chunk of the AFL's best midfield talent, even with Greater Western Sydney's Stephen Coniglio and Callan Ward and Bulldogs Tom Liberatore and Mitch Wallis on the injury shelf.

Jacob Hopper, who is having a career-best season, hasn't appeared against the Bulldogs since 2017, but is due back from a hamstring injury and could help tip the balance. Only Matt de Boer averages more centre attendances (19.8) for GWS in 2019, and the tagger had to work overtime in the last match-up (27).

Hopper was out and Josh Kelly was playing his first game in six weeks, so first-year onballer Jye Caldwell also made 13 centre attendances. It remains to be seen where Toby Greene plays in his return.

The boys from the Kennel are pouring on the pressure in their forward half, and that's helped them be the No.1 scoring team in the AFL since round 19.

However, they're also crushing teams in contested ball (plus-10.4), winning more than 60 extra possessions and scoring at a high rate from clearances (ranked third for differential).

Making this interesting is that when the Giants were up and going through Round 14, they ranked No.1 in disposal differential and contested possession differential and second in scores from clearance differential.

May the best midfield win.

STATS OF NOTE

GWS: The Giants kick the ball more than any other team (234.4 per game) and rank No.1 for scores from centre bounces differential (+6.8).

Western Bulldogs: No.1 for inside 50 differential (+16.3), time in forward half differential (+13:09) and scores from intercept possessions (65.8) across the past four rounds.

Eastdog
05-09-2019, 09:08 PM
Margin: Dogs by 6 points
First Goal: Bailey Dale
Last Goal: Jack Macrae within the last minute
Best On Ground: Bont!

1eyedog
05-09-2019, 10:30 PM
Plastics by 22 points
Lloyd first major
Bont

angelopetraglia
05-09-2019, 10:37 PM
“The Dogs are barking that another southern invasion is on the cards on Saturday, but GWS is confident of repelling it.

Three buses will depart Footscray at 1am on the morning of the elimination final, as part of an army of 4000 Western Bulldogs members taking to the highways and airways bound for Giants Stadium.”

Looks like we will have the majority of the support again. The Giants have only purchased 2,600 tickets.

Eastdog
05-09-2019, 10:47 PM
I’ll be watching the game at home and will probably see some woofers through my TV :)

Rocket Science
05-09-2019, 11:13 PM
“The Dogs are barking that another southern invasion is on the cards on Saturday, but GWS is confident of repelling it.

Three buses will depart Footscray at 1am on the morning of the elimination final, as part of an army of 4000 Western Bulldogs members taking to the highways and airways bound for Giants Stadium.”

Looks like we will have the majority of the support again. The Giants have only purchased 2,600 tickets.

The Giants filmed a skit with Cal Ward in disguise giving finals tickets away to pub patrons, so yeah, the locals have really embraced the hype.

Twodogs
06-09-2019, 12:16 AM
The Giants filmed a skit with Cal Ward in disguise giving finals tickets away to pub patrons, so yeah, the locals have really embraced the hype.

Back in the '80s I was walking into the SCG for a game against Sydney. As we got to the gate a man came out of the ground with a hand full of tickets, walked up to a bunch of Sydney supporters who were obviously waiting for him and threw the tickets on the ground where the supporters picked them up just like a bunch of chooks scratching around the farmyard. Dad asked him why he threw on the ground and didn't hand them out like a normal person would? The guy said that they didn't want to be seen to be giving tickets away so this way they can say that they didn't!

Twodogs
06-09-2019, 12:17 AM
Dogs by 44 points
First goal-Naughton
BOG-the Bont

bornadog
06-09-2019, 01:05 AM
Dogs by 33

First Goal Schache

BOG: The Bont

Axe Man
06-09-2019, 10:26 AM

Why would he need to be in disguise? There's no way anybody up there would recognise him anyway.

Bulldog4life
06-09-2019, 11:24 AM
Dogs by 28 points
First goal West
BOG Hunter

comrade
06-09-2019, 11:29 AM
Why would he need to be in disguise? There's no way anybody up there would recognise him anyway.

He could have worn a Giants jumper with a name badge that said “Hello, my name is Callan” and they’d still be clueless.

Rocket Science
06-09-2019, 11:55 AM

You've clearly seen the skit because come the big reveal the bloke he's talking to stares back blankly without a word and poor ol Cal literally has to say "It's Cal Ward!"

*chef kissy fingers*

hujsh
06-09-2019, 12:13 PM
You've clearly seen the skit because come the big reveal the bloke he's talking to stares back blankly without a word and poor ol Cal literally has to say "It's Cal Ward!"

*chef kissy fingers*

Ooof, has to hurt the pride just a little.

ratsmac
06-09-2019, 12:17 PM
Dogs by 16
First goal- Lloyd (he'll be pumped after missing out in 2017 with the tiges)
BOG- Dunkley (this kid loves finals footy)
First Boo- when the plastics lift their banner!

bornadog
06-09-2019, 02:30 PM
Preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa6vN49ePZY

Axe Man
06-09-2019, 02:55 PM

*chef kissy fingers*

I really haven't but that is exactly how I imagined it playing out.

DOG GOD
06-09-2019, 05:47 PM
Plastics by 46 (Cameron/finlayson huge in’s for them)
1st goal- McLean
Bog - macrae

AshMac
06-09-2019, 06:24 PM
Giants by 32
First goal Dale
BOG Bont

Dry Rot
06-09-2019, 07:06 PM
OK, the winds have arrived in Sydney 40 - 50 kph. Forecast to be the same tomorrow. If they are westerlies, will blow across the ground.

Eastdog
06-09-2019, 10:12 PM
https://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2019-09-06/four-things-to-watch-elimination-final

Four Things To Watch: Elimination Final
Sep 6, 2019 12:56PM

westernbulldogs.com.au takes a look at the four hot topics you must be a cross before the Bulldogs face the Giants in their Saturday afternoon elimination final.

1. The rivalry

It’s been building, that’s for sure.

There’s no love lost between the Sons of the West and the new kids on the block from Sydney’s west, at least not in their past couple of meetings.

There were plenty of tough battles at Giants Stadium a fortnight ago.

Bontempelli v de Boer. Lloyd v Shaw. Naughton v Davis.

Neither side will be willing to give an inch in this do-or-die final.

2. Franco Cozzo

If you haven’t watched our Franco Cozzo video yet, you should.

The man is a western suburbs ledge.

While we’re talking about people of the west, Sydney better be ready for another Bulldog invasion.

Last time we visited Giants Stadium for a final, we painted it red, white and blue.

The Bulldog army is turning out in force again. It’s going to be loud.

3. A trio of Giant forwards

The Giants will have a few more weapons at their disposal around goal this time around.

Coleman Medallist Jeremy Cameron comes back in, after missing the round 22 clash, as does Jeremy Finlayson, to complement Harry Himmelberg.

Stopping the tall trio looms as a tough task for the Dogs’ defenders.

Who takes who remains to be seen.

But Zaine Cordy, who has played every game this season – for the first time in his career – and the recently-returned Lewis Young will have key roles to play, as will skipper Easton Wood and Hayden Crozier with their intercept ability in the air.

4. Shades of 2016?

The comparisons have been bandied about frequently outside of VU Whitten Oval.

But there’s no denying this is a different team.

Only eight Bulldogs who played in that famous preliminary final win against the Giants feature in this week’s 22. The Giants are a different line-up too, with 10 players featuring from that match.

The Bulldogs will have 11 players making their AFL finals debut on Saturday afternoon.

Here’s hoping they settle quickly, and get the job done.

GVGjr
07-09-2019, 08:33 AM
I'm confident we can perform well today. Win or lose I've been impressed with the way we have been playing over the last 2 months or so

Dogs by 14 points...it's going to be a fight
First goal Bailey Smith....the first year player hits the scoreboard early
BOG Macrae.

No nerves for me, just looking forward to us putting in a strong finals performance.

The Adelaide Connection
07-09-2019, 11:59 AM
OK, the winds have arrived in Sydney 40 - 50 kph. Forecast to be the same tomorrow. If they are westerlies, will blow across the ground.

Yep, saying 37kph Westerlies come game time. Dropping to 27kph by 6pm.

If there is evena slight advantage of one end over the other you would think it’s a pretty important toss to win.

Dogs by 19
First Goal- Lloyd
BOG- JJ

Twodogs
07-09-2019, 12:42 PM

*chef kissy fingers*

Have you got a link to the clip? I googled it yesterday but couldn't find it anyhwhere.

Dry Rot
07-09-2019, 12:45 PM
Yep, saying 37kph Westerlies come game time. Dropping to 27kph by 6pm.

If there is evena slight advantage of one end over the other you would think it’s a pretty important toss to win.

Dogs by 19
First Goal- Lloyd
BOG- JJ

From memory, that should mean it is blowing across the ground.

Dry Rot
07-09-2019, 12:45 PM
I have read that there is a late betting plunge on GWS this morning. I wonder why?

comrade
07-09-2019, 12:53 PM
I have read that there is a late betting plunge on GWS this morning. I wonder why?

Probably because they finished above us, are almost full strength and are playing at home. The early money is always dumb, and GWS were always coming in.

Dry Rot
07-09-2019, 12:56 PM
OK, this weather and winds are pretty unusual for Sydney, so the Giants won't be familiar with it at their home ground like say Williamstown or is it Port Melbourne in the VFL with their windy ground.

Wouldn't these conditions favour the team that short passes, runs and handballs the best? And deals with chaos balls better?

I reckon these conditions will nullify the skills and height advantages of the Giants today.

Bulldog4life
07-09-2019, 01:55 PM
GWS $1.80

Doggies $2.00

Topdog
07-09-2019, 01:59 PM
Giants by 13. Much better team than the one we played 3 weeks ago and i fear the weeks break will take away done of our momentum

comrade
07-09-2019, 02:01 PM
The 2016 Giants team is superior to the 2019 version, and our midfield now is better than it was then so I’m quietly confident.

bulldogtragic
07-09-2019, 03:14 PM
No changes to either side.

Bumper Bulldogs
07-09-2019, 03:24 PM
No changes to either side.

That’s Good news

Dogs by 21 points
BOG Bont
1st Goal Naughton

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
07-09-2019, 03:25 PM
Dogs by 11 points
First Goal: Lloyd
BOG: Dunkley

Rocket Science
07-09-2019, 03:32 PM
The good guys by less than a kick.

Expecting a gruelling street scrap with lead changes all day and plenty to test our mettle, but we have something they don't ...

https://i.ibb.co/120vZBN/Screen-Shot-2019-09-07-at-2-30-21-PM.png (https://ibb.co/WKHxn7X)

Bulldog4life
07-09-2019, 03:33 PM
GWS $1.80

Doggies $2.00

We are still drifting.

GWS $1.75

Dogs $2.08

jeemak
07-09-2019, 03:36 PM
I feel like I'm going to vomit.

Hopefully all Woofers lucky enough to be in the country and at the ground are feeling a little less nervous than I am (as if.....!).

It's going to be a really tough day, but if we apply ourselves we'll give it a massive shot.

jeemak
07-09-2019, 03:37 PM
We are still drifting.

GWS $1.75

Dogs $2.08

Is it time to get on?

bulldogtragic
07-09-2019, 03:39 PM
11 players (Half the team) playing their first final today:

West, Hayes, Richards, Naughton, Schache, Smith, Young, English, Lippa, Dale, Lloyd

BornInDroopSt'54
07-09-2019, 03:41 PM
Conditions mean it will be a contested game,
Dogs by 11 points
First goal Naughton
BOG Bontempelli.

G-Mo77
07-09-2019, 03:44 PM

West, Hayes, Richards, Naughton, Schache, Smith, Young, English, Lippa, Dale, Lloyd

Which is huge. Win or lose these guys getting a taste of finals at the highest level is a big plus for our club. Finals is an entirely different ball game.

bulldogtragic
07-09-2019, 03:46 PM
Is it time to get on?

No, people that own these wagers are going bat shit. 'Cause they're thinking, "hey, we're loosing all our damn money on other bets and Christmas is around the corner and I ain't gonna have no money to buy my son the GI Joe with the Kung Fu grip. Okay. And my wife ain't gonna want to f**k, my wife ain't gonna want to make love to me because I ain't got no money.' Right. So, they're sitting there and they're panicking, screaming, 'GWS. GWS.' Cause they don't want to lose all their money. Right. They're out there panicking, right now. I can feel it. They're panicking on GWS. Look at it. Bet when the price hits $2.30.

bulldogtragic
07-09-2019, 03:48 PM
Which is huge. Win or lose these guys getting a taste of finals at the highest level is a big plus for our club. Finals is an entirely different ball game.

Yep. We win (great!!) or we don't and another 11 players know finals pressure and what winning takes. Big silver lining.

bornadog
07-09-2019, 03:48 PM

West his 3rd AFL game

BornInDroopSt'54
07-09-2019, 04:01 PM
I feel like I'm going to vomit.

Hopefully all Woofers lucky enough to be in the country and at the ground are feeling a little less nervous than I am (as if.....!).

It's going to be a really tough day, but if we apply ourselves we'll give it a massive shot.
You must be used to it but try to eat something with vegetables in it before drinking beer.
Hopefully Footscray's effort is not an indicator.
I think our team and our coach ar better than theirs and team work will win the day.

BornInDroopSt'54
07-09-2019, 04:03 PM
Best colours contrast, easy to identify spread of players for and against. Theirs are shite and ours are great.

jeemak
07-09-2019, 04:04 PM
You must be used to it but try to eat something with vegetables in it before drinking beer.
Hopefully Footscray's effort is not an indicator.
I think our team and our coach ar better than them and team work will win the day.

Thanks for the advice. It's only 12:03pm here so probably not going to worry about the beer just yet!

bulldogtragic
07-09-2019, 04:04 PM
12,000 attendance at most. Very most.

jeemak
07-09-2019, 04:07 PM
See the Giants have just ran out to a fairly sparsely occupied ground.

What's the balance of supporters for each club, and how was the booing when the Giants ran out?

Rocket Science
07-09-2019, 04:08 PM
Well if the banner's anything to go by we're stuffed.

chef
07-09-2019, 04:11 PM
Nervous as *!*!*!*!

ledge
07-09-2019, 04:12 PM
Could Kellie Underwood wear anymore make up ?
Looks like a mannequin., just saying.

Mantis
07-09-2019, 04:12 PM
Nothing like pre-finals games nerves.. love it!

Huge challenge for our boys.. need everyone contributing and our midfield to win the battle.

Go Dogs!!!

MrMahatma
07-09-2019, 04:15 PM
Come on lads!! Let’s hit hard early!

BornInDroopSt'54
07-09-2019, 04:21 PM
Suckling!

jeemak
07-09-2019, 04:22 PM
Wow, what a start!

Rocket Science
THAT'S how you do it!

Shop early boys, shop early.

Eastdog
Great start! Bang!

bulldogtragic
"17 seconds Suckling"

BornInDroopSt'54
07-09-2019, 04:24 PM
Shop early and often.

BornInDroopSt'54
07-09-2019, 04:28 PM
Come umpires have a brilliant game!

Rocket Science
Hope Zaine's tuned up his knee for Shaw's jaw at some point.

BornInDroopSt'54
The loudest cheers are ours.

jeemak
07-09-2019, 04:31 PM
Fair finish from Whitfield.

I need JJ to hit targets rather than hit the ground.

BornInDroopSt'54
07-09-2019, 04:31 PM
The players are playing the boundary line brilliantly.
Whitfield great goal.

Rocket Science
07-09-2019, 04:35 PM
How good's home town umpiring?

bulldogtragic
Some umpiring shows who Gil wants to win.

BornInDroopSt'54
Greene quality goal.

Mantis
07-09-2019, 04:36 PM
They’ve been smashing us in every tackle and when do so we get pinged.. bullshit!

Eastdog
07-09-2019, 04:36 PM
They have brought the pressure as expected.

ledge
07-09-2019, 04:39 PM
They are getting everything , no protection , Mumford abd DeBoer not going the ball but the man and not getting pinned for it.

bulldogtragic
I wouldn't mind some obvious frees.

BornInDroopSt'54
Finlayson pathetic agricultural kick. We will force them to kick quality goals. Team defence is what we do.

jeemak
07-09-2019, 04:40 PM
Pathetic skill error Toby. Be better.

Rocket Science
07-09-2019, 04:44 PM
Good composure lads. Don't buy their predictable bullshit.

Eastdog
Astro-Naught!

Mantis
Weathering the storm... hang tough Dogs.

jeemak
07-09-2019, 04:45 PM
Great set up for that goal. Excellent mark and finish from Naughton.

BornInDroopSt'54
07-09-2019, 04:45 PM
Naughton! Shiver me timbers.

westbulldog
07-09-2019, 04:46 PM
How is Himmelberg not being reported ?

Rocket Science
07-09-2019, 04:50 PM
Backline feeling the pinch at the moment but Duryea struggling the most. Must settle.

chef
Unlucky goal there.

BornInDroopSt'54
I actually feel sad an umcompromised Ryan Griffin isn't out there playing for us.

DOG GOD
07-09-2019, 04:51 PM
Backline under siege

DOG GOD
07-09-2019, 04:51 PM
With all their play GWS should be 30 points up.

bulldogtragic
07-09-2019, 04:52 PM
Only 11 points down. If that's their best and we've withstood it. That's not all bad. Time to give some back.

Grantysghost
07-09-2019, 04:52 PM
Really got beat up that quarter. Luckily not on the scoreboard. I worry about our handball game under finals pressure.

Mantis
07-09-2019, 04:53 PM
They’ve been all over us and we’re lucky to be so close.. hopefully that’s as good as they’ve got as the signs aren’t good.

chef
Thankfully giants are being wasteful, could be game over already

ledge
Interesting , seems they had the scoring end and we just held out, although the commentators said we had the wind the Whitfield goal proved different.
We will find out more this quarter to the effect.

Eastdog
That was tough. We are definitely under siege down back. Need to get on top in the middle.

BornInDroopSt'54
07-09-2019, 04:54 PM
How is Himmelberg not being reported ?
He's gone. No fine, a week. First round '20.

DOG GOD
We need to be more physical around the contest and better with our hands. Need quick movement and cannot miss set shots.
Greene looks like he could be in for a day. If he goes to ground, I hope Cordy has a knee nearby.

G-Mo77
Not a good start. They're all over us right now apart from a few decent chunks of play. They missed some so hope that comes back to bite them later.

Rocket Science
Stating the obvious but we're going to have to push back and be more willing to get dirty for contested ball.

We're not exactly shirking it but more ferocity and proactivity when the ball's up for grabs means more ball going our way.

That's their best I reckon. If we find ours they're stuffed.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Not happy that the umps are allowing GWS to play agressively, but are being harsh on us for similar.

Eastdog
07-09-2019, 04:55 PM
Only 11 points down. If that's their best and we've withstood it. That's not all bad. Time to give some back.

Considering their dominance being 11 points down isn’t bad.

jeemak
07-09-2019, 04:55 PM
The Giants are closing the outlets really well, but we have a lot of improvement in us.

I suspect the Giants pressure will ease off as the game wears on and things will open up for us a little, but we need to keep working really hard.

Mutz
07-09-2019, 04:57 PM
Their aggression is certainly high and we've withstood it well - time to burn them off with sheer pace.

jeemak
07-09-2019, 04:59 PM
How the *!*!*!*! is that not down field?

ReLoad
07-09-2019, 04:59 PM
It’s like the prelim again, they are on top for period of play. Need to counter punch and break them.

bulldogtragic
07-09-2019, 05:01 PM
Umpire endorsed sniping. Great.

Rocket Science
Greene back on his bullshit.

This is a legit street fight.

BornInDroopSt'54
That elbow to the chin of Naughton is the one I copped once. I was in la la land for the day.

Grantysghost
07-09-2019, 05:04 PM
Any chance we can stand up for each other FFS! This is where JT is needed. Getting the sh*t beaten out of us.

GVGjr
07-09-2019, 05:05 PM
It's a struggle at the moment, need to string a good 10 minutes together to get some continuity.

DOG GOD
07-09-2019, 05:08 PM
This could be 60+ end of game

chef
They are just beating us up everywhere. Boys against men.

Grantysghost
25 inside 50 to 6. Just holding back the flood gates atm.

bulldogtragic
07-09-2019, 05:09 PM
This has to stop now. 10 more minutes and it could a bridge too far.

DOG GOD
07-09-2019, 05:10 PM
26-6 inside 50’s says it all...just being slaughtered all over the ground.

bulldogtragic
07-09-2019, 05:11 PM
Why no 50m penalties for holding our guys down all day?

BornInDroopSt'54
07-09-2019, 05:12 PM
Bailey Dale half a chance taken! Then not!

bulldogtragic
07-09-2019, 05:12 PM
Bailey Dale... Kick the Gimmes.

BornInDroopSt'54
07-09-2019, 05:13 PM
Naughton is a heavy weight fighter.

Rocket Science
07-09-2019, 05:14 PM
Bont rucking puts a brick in my stomach.

BornInDroopSt'54
07-09-2019, 05:14 PM
F the sun.

bulldogtragic
07-09-2019, 05:15 PM
*!*!*!*! you Zaine.

BornInDroopSt'54
07-09-2019, 05:16 PM
Ouch.

Rocket Science
07-09-2019, 05:16 PM
Yeah really aren't going to make many inroads if you hand them the footy.

Enough of the helter skelter shit. Play the bloody percentages til half time.

The Pie Man
07-09-2019, 05:17 PM
Zaine, seriously

Grantysghost
07-09-2019, 05:17 PM

I can't watch it. Especially with Mumford.

bulldogtragic
07-09-2019, 05:18 PM
Turnover goals and missing simple shots. What's happening?

BornInDroopSt'54
Come on Toblerone. Tugger.

Rocket Science
Zaine's the one that got punished but we're doing it everywhere at the moment.

Enough.

BornInDroopSt'54
Toby clean.

bulldogtragic
That helps.

GVGjr
07-09-2019, 05:21 PM
Need the next one...badly

and go it. Well done Naughty

bulldogtragic
Back to 11 points.

Counter punch these *!*!*!*!wits.

Grantysghost
Great umpiring

Rocket Science
Thanks Phil!

Chummmmmmp.

Eastdog
We are back! Cmon Dogs!

BornInDroopSt'54
They are the bullies we are the Bulldogs with Naughton!

bulldogtragic
07-09-2019, 05:23 PM
English!

Keep the counter punches hitting.

BornInDroopSt'54
Bontempelllllllliiiiiiiii to Inglese..!!!

GVGjr
We are right back in it. I mentioned earlier we needed 10 minutes of good footy

Grantysghost
Wow! Absorbed their best shot and countered. Super impressed.

bulldogtragic
07-09-2019, 05:24 PM
Cmon Bonts, get the lead like 2016!

BornInDroopSt'54
07-09-2019, 05:24 PM
Inglese to Bonntteemmppeeellliii... fark!!!

divvydan
07-09-2019, 05:25 PM
Feels like we're getting a pretty good run with the umpires that's really helped our comeback in the last 5mins.

BornInDroopSt'54
07-09-2019, 05:25 PM
Richards is ready ro impact c'mon dogs.

Mantis
07-09-2019, 05:27 PM

Spoke to soon.. horrible dump kick.

Eastdog
I didn’t like giving up that goal.

Rocket Science
No look over the shoulder screw kicks out of defensive fifty ain't gonna cut it, Ed.

AndrewP6

By turning it over.

bulldogtragic
Should've had the lead and have them an easy against the run of play. Need to stay close in the next 4 minutes.

GVGjr
Bad miss by Bont and we pay a high price a bit later

Anyone else finding their supporters annoying?

jeemak
Richards shat his pants then instead of kicking a drop punt and it's cost us.

Come on lads, get it back.

divvydan
Yeah, Richards didn't take on the responsibility near goal and then just panic kicks out of defence.

Rocket Science
07-09-2019, 05:28 PM
Watch these f***wits implode when the tide turns against them.

azabob
07-09-2019, 05:28 PM
Duryea has had a few poor moments.

macca
07-09-2019, 05:29 PM
We need to pay finnlayson some more respect. That’s 2 goals now

BornInDroopSt'54
07-09-2019, 05:32 PM
There's a lot of talent out there and there's alot of holding on.

bulldogtragic
07-09-2019, 05:33 PM
Better signs. Arguably should be ahead. Just keep bringing it.

comrade
07-09-2019, 05:35 PM
A few who are clearly overawed by the occasion. Hopefully resetting at half time makes a difference.

G-Mo77
07-09-2019, 05:36 PM
Fought it back. 10 points down after they dominated most of that half isn't a terrible result. We're starting to adjust and we've stopped throwing the ball around like a hot potato.

Mantis
We all knew Hayes wasn’t going to be up this level.. so to get something out of him he needs to run with Whitfield who is killing us.

Need a massive lift from our bottom 6-8 and to win the clearance battle.

The Bulldogs Bite
We haven’t played well. Midfield largely beaten and forwards seem to be regularly outnumbered.

Somebody must curb Whitfield out of this game for us to win.

Grantysghost
07-09-2019, 05:38 PM
Is Toby Greene the most horrid abhorrent little pr1ck you've ever seen? Such a coward, so many afters when our guys are not in a position to fight back. Seen it four or five times just a massive cretin.
Unfortunately he's impacting the game too.

Eastdog
07-09-2019, 05:38 PM
Great fightback although we haven’t played the best. Need to reset at half time and come out firing in the premiership quarter.

BornInDroopSt'54
07-09-2019, 05:39 PM

You've got that brick too?
Its the only way to get TheBore from holding and pushing him at the bounce.

BornInDroopSt'54
07-09-2019, 05:40 PM
By turning it over.

Haha Andrew are you there at the ground?

Rocket Science
07-09-2019, 05:40 PM
https://i.ibb.co/1mNM9K7/Screen-Shot-2019-09-07-at-4-39-19-PM.png (https://imgbb.com/)

comrade
07-09-2019, 05:41 PM
Our defensive is holding up so well after spending an hour under siege.

jeemak
07-09-2019, 05:43 PM
The thing that annoys me about Greene is that nobody is prepared to call him out as the absolute shit that he is. They actually seem to revel in his shittery.

Rocket Science
07-09-2019, 05:44 PM
He's going okay at the moment but there's one bloke we could definitely use more influence from in the second half and it's Dunks.

If he can be first to more ground ball and split a few more packs the flow on effect for Bont, Jacko and Smith will be golden.

jeemak
07-09-2019, 05:44 PM
Easton is playing a good game. Cordy has had a bit of a mix of good and bad so far, but overall our defence has been relatively strong.

We need to get some run and movement out of Crozier and JJ, Duryea can't keep playing at the ordinary level he's displayed in the first half and I expect him to lift.

There's a lot of upside in our team at the moment, the physical stakes are back on even terms and if we stick to our knitting I think we can run over the top of them.

BornInDroopSt'54
07-09-2019, 05:45 PM
Bontempelli is becoming Whittenesque in impacting the game and his team.

Jeanette54
07-09-2019, 05:45 PM
So proud of our young side, coping with the stream of GWS snipers, and still trying to make the ball their object.

And Bont has just taken it to a new level. Playing in the ruck enabled us to have all four mid fielders at the stoppages. I hate seeing him there but it did change the momentum. Well done coaching group.

The game is starting to open up, so hopefully we can get our running game working in the second half.

Bullies
07-09-2019, 05:46 PM
We need to stay in touch as we can run over the top of them. They have a number of players who have played limited football over the past couple of weeks. We can get on top and they will fold.

AndrewP6
07-09-2019, 05:47 PM
Haha Andrew are you there?

Yeah. Sitting next to a guy from the Past Players Association.

Jeanette54
07-09-2019, 05:48 PM
"Whittenesque" and "Shittery", what a wonderful education Woofers are providing. That's two words learnt today. :-)

KT31
07-09-2019, 05:50 PM
https://i.ibb.co/1mNM9K7/Screen-Shot-2019-09-07-at-4-39-19-PM.png (https://imgbb.com/)
Miss the FDOTM cartoon.

Bumper Bulldogs
We really need to come out switched on after half time. Someone needs to take accountability of Greene. Hayes. We need Loyd, Schache to lift and we are in it.

DOG GOD
First goal will be key. If we can get that early, and then get our handball/running game open up to our advantage, it will help us. Can’t allow them to win the stoppages, and we certainly can’t allow turnover goals. I still think it’s going to be pretty physical right through, and I just hope our pups revel on the opportunity to melt the plastics.

Rocket Science
07-09-2019, 05:52 PM
Ack. Nervier now than before the opening bounce.

Carna Scrays.

Eastdog
07-09-2019, 05:54 PM
JJ! That was disspaointing

BornInDroopSt'54
07-09-2019, 05:56 PM
Magnificent Dogs.

bulldogtragic
'At a boy Josh.

Rocket Science
Got very luck there. Schache's first effort was woeful.

Rocket Science
07-09-2019, 05:59 PM
FMD. How SOFT was that.

Here ya go Giants, have a goal.

DOG GOD
Just can’t get in front

BornInDroopSt'54
How dumb! Suckling you are gone and Kelly puts anail in your idiocy.

jeemak
07-09-2019, 06:00 PM
WTF Suckling? Seriously, how can that be the decision you make FFS!

divvydan
07-09-2019, 06:00 PM
Suckling has had a good day but that was poor from him.

Eastdog
07-09-2019, 06:02 PM
Not the start we wanted

BornInDroopSt'54
07-09-2019, 06:03 PM
How dumb! Suckling you are gone and Kelly puts anail in your idiocy.

And then your idiocy starts bad khama.

bulldogtragic
07-09-2019, 06:05 PM
Vintage Richards.

Eastdog
07-09-2019, 06:06 PM
Huge goal from Ed! Needed that one. The soccer kick out of defence worked. Naughton brilliant tackle.

jeemak
07-09-2019, 06:06 PM
Little Red, what a goal!!!!

Come on Dogs.

Rocket Science
07-09-2019, 06:07 PM
We've played like arse half the game and there's two kicks in it.

We've got another gear, just need to FIND IT!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
07-09-2019, 06:08 PM
JJ. Worst on ground.

jeemak
07-09-2019, 06:10 PM
JJ literally can't kick anymore.

BornInDroopSt'54
07-09-2019, 06:12 PM
Lippa heart failure.

bulldogtragic
Easy set shots killing us. Lippa, Bonts, McLean.

Rocket Science
Warms the cockles.

https://i.ibb.co/XyyxtrB/Screen-Shot-2019-09-07-at-5-11-34-PM.png (https://imgbb.com/)

Grantysghost
07-09-2019, 06:15 PM
That's a dagger.

bulldogtragic
That Lippa miss really, really hurts now. Should be a one goal game.

DOG GOD
Every time we get to within a goal, they get 2 easy ones.

Some of our efforts have been sub standard

divvydan
07-09-2019, 06:16 PM
Not sure I've seen us kick once across the ground/into the corridor to try and open it up. GWS obviously doing a good job of stopping us from opening the game up.

Vred
Yep. We’ve lost now

Mantis
Not sure we’re going to win a contest at HF with West, Schache and Hayes our options.

BornInDroopSt'54
07-09-2019, 06:17 PM
West, agression and intent are not enough, immature.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
07-09-2019, 06:17 PM
Look Gonski.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
07-09-2019, 06:18 PM
Shocking free against West. He literally tackled him as he kicked

westbulldog
that miss by Lipinski was an absolute game killer

ledge
Done and dusted all about hunger and getting experience for next year.

bulldogtragic
07-09-2019, 06:19 PM
Feels like it's over. All over.

The Bulldogs Bite
07-09-2019, 06:19 PM
Really poor by our mids today. Really poor

Grantysghost
07-09-2019, 06:20 PM
Bevo been out coached majorly. Destroyed in clearances and uses mids in the ruck. He really struggles with ruck coaching.

comrade
Just not good enough. Midfield been absolutely been belted today.

jeemak
How the *!*!*!*! can Toby Greene be left in the square by himself. Terrible.

Vred
Our midfield has been non existent

Mantis
Our bottom 6-10 have given us nothing and the pressure being applied around the ball gives us no space and we’re battlibg.

Mantis
07-09-2019, 06:21 PM
Pretty sure Lachlan Hunter is scared of Sam Reid.. getting a bath!

chef
Game over. Now lets fight it out.

BornInDroopSt'54
Toby Greene is amazing at milking the moment. He is a hollywood star in his every moment. Ben Cousins.

chef
Naughty done a knee.

KT31
07-09-2019, 06:22 PM
Naughton knee ??

BornInDroopSt'54
Furk. Naughton is gone. We need Josh Bruce.

bulldogtragic
Naughton with a bad knee. I guess Josh Bruce is being 100% traded for.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Oh no. Has Naughton just done his knee?

The Bulldogs Bite
07-09-2019, 06:23 PM
What a shit day

bulldogtragic
07-09-2019, 06:24 PM
Acl.

bulldogtragic
07-09-2019, 06:25 PM
*!*!*!*! this game.

The Bulldogs Bite
07-09-2019, 06:25 PM
Coaching has been shitful. No one has went near Whitfield all day

comrade
07-09-2019, 06:26 PM
I can handle getting beaten. Losing Naughton to a career impacting injury, not so much.

Thanks god for 2016.

LostDoggy
I’m going for bad medial

KT31
If possible I even hate the #%*+ing Plastics even more now than ever before.

Eastdog
07-09-2019, 06:27 PM
What a s**t decision that was against Lewis Young. Terrible!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
07-09-2019, 06:28 PM
Losing a final. Ok I can take that...but losing Naughton for 12 months, I'm not looking forward to 2020 already.

jeemak
07-09-2019, 06:29 PM
Horrible looking injury to Naughton.

This one is on our midfield, which hasn't been able to keep disciplined in tight and has been out muscled throughout most of the game.

The only thing to take out of that quarter was Toby Greene being kicked in the testicles, that's how dire it was.

Mantis
What a s**t decision that was against Lewis Young. Terrible!

The ball was touched by Easton Wood in the air.. should’ve handballed for a point.

G-Mo77
The loss I can handle. The knee injury to Naughton I can not. I feel like crying

divvydan
07-09-2019, 06:30 PM
Most players know the best thing to do is just keep claiming the mark and let yourself be tackled and keep the ball in. Umpire will rarely give a free in that situation.

KT31
07-09-2019, 06:31 PM
Hope Dale Morris is at the game and speaking to Naughton asap.

Rocket Science
07-09-2019, 06:31 PM
Lacked composure badly when the game was still theoretically in the balance, snuffing out some rare possession chains in the process and then just ... fell away.

The game plan's really unravelled badly today, stars have been pummelled and the supporting cast found wanting.

I know what we're doing this Summer.

bulldogtragic
07-09-2019, 06:32 PM
Maple stating its a lateral ligament. What's that actually mean?

KT31
07-09-2019, 06:32 PM
Lateral ligament ?..
Info please

KT31
07-09-2019, 06:33 PM
Cordy is such a poorer player than I thought he would become.

Grantysghost
Lateral ligament ?..
Info please

Lateral is side so medial I guess? We got any physios?

Mantis
Zaine is horrendous with ball in his hand and then was having a snooze then.

GVGjr
Obviously we didn't need that

bulldogtragic
07-09-2019, 06:34 PM
I wasn't sure we'd win today. But I didn't think we'd get smashed.

BornInDroopSt'54
07-09-2019, 06:35 PM
The team of gifted high picks and fabriction are showing skill.