PDA

View Full Version : Do you attend NAB Cup games?

bornadog
19-02-2008, 06:58 PM
I have only attended once, couldn't get passionate at all and couldn't stand the opposition fans sitting around me, screaming and yelling and losing their tempers, for what is really a practise match before the real season starts.

How do you feel when you go? Are you passionate? Or do you go to see how the younger players are shaping up?

I am happy to watch on TV. If they make the GF, then I will go.

GVGjr
19-02-2008, 07:06 PM
I have only attended once, couldn't get passionate at all and couldn't stand the opposition fans sitting around me, screaming and yelling and losing their tempers, for what is really a practise match before the real season starts.

How do you feel when you go? Are you passionate? Or do you go to see how the younger players are shaping up?

I am happy to watch on TV. If they make the GF, then I will go.

I tend to go to every game that I can. I will be going this Friday. I'm fairly relaxed at the footy this time of the year looking for improvements from the previous season and treating a win as a bonus.

The Dogfather
19-02-2008, 07:20 PM
I like to get along when I can. Don't get overly involved but always like to see where the boys are at this time of year. I actually made the trek down to Canberra for our NAB Cup game last year (Yes I was getting desperate!).

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I missed our actual H&A game down there because I was too hungover to drive on that particular day.... :o

The Coon Dog
19-02-2008, 07:30 PM
I usually attend, tho I can't this Friday as The Coon Pup plays cricket & the games usually finish a little after 8pm.

Mantis
19-02-2008, 08:00 PM
I will be this week, but not to fussed if I miss these 'practice' games, but it's always good to watch the future of the club in action.

What's better I have scored an invite into a corporate box so I get to watch the Dogs in action + have a few cold drinks.;)

hujsh
19-02-2008, 08:13 PM
I will be this week, but not to fussed if I miss these 'practice' games, but it's always good to watch the future of the club in action.

What's better I have scored an invite into a corporate box so I get to watch the Dogs in action + have a few cold drinks.;)

You ba#$%@rd!;) I've only had one chance to get in a corporate box but it depended on England making it to day 4 of the 06 Boxing day test. Fat chance of that!

LostDoggy
19-02-2008, 11:21 PM
I go to all doggies nab cup games, its footy, and i love it, so yeah i just head along.

Id love them to win every game, but if it meant that some players would get injured or use all the energy for the rest of the yar then id rather we lost, its also a good chance for coaches to play the boys in different positions, and for some of the young guys get a chance to play a game, id really love to see paul oshea play this week, have watched him play at werribee all last year, and he was getting some good games in him towards the end of the year. From him playing werribee reserves at the start of last year, to some senior games towards the end of the year, to maybe playing in the doggies senior team this week is a huge effort for the guy.

LostDoggy
19-02-2008, 11:47 PM
Not so far this season and unlikely for Friday.

The Bulldogs Bite
20-02-2008, 12:48 AM
Usually get down to most games that I can, even if they're the NAB Challenege matches. Not particularly fussed if the side loses, but it's nice to get a few wins. The main thing is if players that needed to bulk up have & the younger players.

The atmosphere is always pretty lacklustre at NAB games, though. Just makes you itch for the real stuff, because there's a big difference.

Perfect opportunity for the young guys to impress though, especially for O'Shea, McDougall, Wight, Harbrow, Stack, Hill, Addison etc.

bornadog
20-02-2008, 09:49 AM
I actually like to attend practise matches in the country or a suburban ground, they are relaxed and also you can move around and look agt the game from different angles.

Given that we lost the last 6 or so matches last year, this year I would like to see the dogs go all the way and build up some momentum for round one. I won't be dissapointed if we don't, but it would be good for membership and also it will help build up confidence.

Sockeye Salmon
20-02-2008, 11:12 AM
I'll be there a hour early scratching at the gates with my fingernails screaming "LET ME IN!!! I NEED TO SEE SOME FOOTY!!!"

aker39
20-02-2008, 11:17 AM
I'll be there. If it had have been live on TV I may have stayed home, but I would not be able to sit still knowing that we were playing.

Bring it on!!!

LostDoggy
20-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Watched last week's game in a really nice family pub in Richmond, but after calculating the cost of dinner, a couple of beers, then a couple more after the game, in this day of escalating food prices, concluded it would have been cheaper to fly Virgin or Tiger Air up to Darwin and watch the game live at TIO!

Dry Rot
20-02-2008, 04:06 PM
I like to get along when I can. Don't get overly involved but always like to see where the boys are at this time of year. I actually made the trek down to Canberra for our NAB Cup game last year (Yes I was getting desperate!).

That's keen.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I missed our actual H&A game down there because I was too hungover to drive on that particular day.... :o

You were fortunate - I went. Crap game and result, and I had to listen to that bloody Swans club song again.

Hearing "Cheer cheer the red and the white..." makes me want to spew.

The Underdog
21-02-2008, 10:04 AM
Probably a 50/50 chance to go. It certainly doesn't have the feel of a home and away game but it is the chance to see the team and hopefully some youngsters run around.
It's also the first time in bloody ages since we've been able to see footy.

Mantis
21-02-2008, 10:23 AM
Does anyone know what colour the umpires top's will be tomorrow night?

It's been a while since I have been to the footy so I need to warm the throat up tonight, abit of:

"You 'insert colour of umpires top' maggot"

"BALL"

"Why are you accepting mediocricy?" - My personal favourite...;)

Looking forward to it.

Big Will
21-02-2008, 01:19 PM
I'll definitely be at the game tomorrow night. Although the atmosphere is nowhere near the home and away season it's great just to sit back and have a look at the younger players coming through.

Fingers crossed Minson can hold on to a couple of strong marks in the forward line!:D

LostDoggy
22-02-2008, 11:29 AM
I shall also be there just because i live and breath footy. No-one else i know really gets excited about the Nab Cup but its the first taste of footy...BRING ON 2008 DAMMIT!!!!!

Also i wanna see how Hudson/Minson ruck-forward swap goes..Hopefully we can see some good potential

LostDoggy
22-02-2008, 11:54 AM
I have two tickets (Medallion Club) for tonites game FREE to a good home, call 0421 675 181

TICKETS HAVE BEEN TAKEN !

Mantis
23-02-2008, 08:55 AM

I had more than a few....My only solitude after watching that was the bottle.

LostDoggy
23-02-2008, 10:56 AM
$23 to park the car at TD, $50 for the tickets and a rip off to get a bit of food and on top of that we got a belting.

I might need to have a rethink about NAB games in the future.

Congratulations to Knights for having his team prepared to play a new game style.

LostDoggy
23-02-2008, 03:44 PM
I went last night and always go to them if they're within a reasonable distance, in '06 we took a drive up to Shepparton for our NAB challenge match against Richmond...got absolutely flogged and I think there were about 10 Bulldogs supporters in the entire ground, but it was fun.

The NAB Cup is so expensive though, and it doesn't help when you forget your concession card...

GVGjr
23-02-2008, 04:45 PM
I went last night and always go to them if they're within a reasonable distance, in '06 we took a drive up to Shepparton for our NAB challenge match against Richmond...got absolutely flogged and I think there were about 10 Bulldogs supporters in the entire ground, but it was fun.

The NAB Cup is so expensive though, and it doesn't help when you forget your concession card...

I went to Shepparton two years in a row. One was against Carlton and the other against Richmond.

bornadog
24-02-2008, 12:11 PM
I went to Shepparton two years in a row. One was against Carlton and the other against Richmond.

Going to Bendigo this week?

GVGjr
24-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Going to Bendigo this week?

I think it is on Friday which might rule it out. I thought for sure it would be a Saturday or Sunday.

bornadog
24-02-2008, 12:22 PM
I think it is on Friday which might rule it out. I thought for sure it would be a Saturday or Sunday.

I believe it is Friday, don't know why the AFL would schedule a game up there on Friday. The country folk love to watch AFL teams in their home town. A friday makes it difficult.