PDA

View Full Version : Other club trade talk

Pages : [1] 2

bulldogtragic
24-09-2019, 10:42 PM
Afl.com.au reporting Crouch is being actively shopped by his manager seeking a 5 X $1,000,000 a year contract. GCS apparently interested, but picks 1 & 2 off the table. Would either club do a straight player swap, Crouch for Lukosius?

Lukosius, a pick 2 player himself. But didn't sign an extension with fellow SA teammate Rankine this year. Both SA clubs said last year they're coming for him after his two year rookie contract. Crouch might be the best offer they can get if he wants back to SA in 12 months.

Grab Crouch, draft Rowell & Anderson with 1 & 2, pick 14 to trade or use, bring in good picks for Martin & Ah Chee and work on signing Ben King long term. There's been worse trade periods.

Or in dream world they could try to keep Lukosius, and while St Kilda is tied up with Brad Hill, offer GCS our pick 13 (with a 2020 drafts points trade on our 2020 first rounder) for Ben King and a good money offer that becomes too much in 2021 with Crouch's wage). They then package picks 13 & 14 up to get Crouch and pick 29. Giving them Crouch, Rowell & Anderson, Pick 29, good picks for Martin & Ah Chee and work on signing Lukosius long term. Then that 2020 draft points trade that exchanges also 2019 pick 42 for that pick 29 (13 pick upgrade) which gets Keath from Adelaide. Remaining picks to Freo for a 2020 second rounder (need to upgrade 84 into the fourth round too boost the points a bit too). They're reportedly interested in Roberts as a free agent, and history of twice coming at Jong. They can have both without a fight if they want them.

In: King (13+), Keath (29), Bruce (31), 2020 second rounders X 2, 1 X third rounder & 1 X fourth rounders

Out: Pick 13, 31, 42, 47, 49, 84, 2020 first rounder & fourth rounder, Jong, Roberts (FA)

GCS from us: Pick 13, Pick 42, 2020 Pick 14 & 68 (estimate), Jong, Roberts (FA) - for - King, Pick 29, 2020 19, 37 & 55 (estimate)

GCS Sequentially: 13, 14, 42, 68 (Jong, Roberts)
Dogs Sequentially: 19, 29, 37, 55 (King)

The latter ones are for balance, it's essentially 13 & 14 with players - for - 19 & 29 with King. Two first rounders with players, for two second rounders with King.

Relax, it's not happening! It's just an exercise.

bulldogtragic
24-09-2019, 10:51 PM
I'd trade Lukosius for Crouch if I were GCS. If they can really afford him.

bornadog
24-09-2019, 11:19 PM
Tom Browne now reporting North offering Papley $800 to $900k

hujsh
24-09-2019, 11:23 PM
Tom Browne now reporting North offering Papley $800 to $900k

Not a typo. Tom's giving himself a $899K range to cover his bases

bulldogtragic
24-09-2019, 11:29 PM
North aren’t doing the rest of us a favour with good, not great, players $900,000 a year. Polec and Papley now maybe. But it’s Browne, so it could be what he heard from someone on acid trip in a park.

mjp
25-09-2019, 10:33 AM

Is Crouch out of contract?

Why would GC trade him for Lukosius? Cant he just nominate for the PSD (last I checked it still existed) and pick him then?

mjp
25-09-2019, 10:36 AM
North aren’t doing the rest of us a favour with good, not great, players $900,000 a year. Polec and Papley now maybe. But it’s Browne, so it could be what he heard from someone on acid trip in a park.

But how much is Papley worth?

He is probably a $700K player at Sydney so it stands to reason North would need to offer him something to get him. I don't have a problem with the number and have been surprised by all the talk about Papley and Carlton being a fait accompli. He is REALLY good and clearly on an upward trajectory...

Axe Man
25-09-2019, 10:38 AM

Why would GC trade him for Lukosius? Cant he just nominate for the PSD (last I checked it still existed) and pick him then?

No he's contracted for next year.

bornadog
25-09-2019, 11:00 AM
But how much is Papley worth?

He is probably a $700K player at Sydney so it stands to reason North would need to offer him something to get him. I don't have a problem with the number and have been surprised by all the talk about Papley and Carlton being a fait accompli. He is REALLY good and clearly on an upward trajectory...

He would fit into the doggies well.

bulldogtragic
25-09-2019, 11:08 AM

He's contracted. His manager is actively shopping him around. The last I read GCS was leading the pack, but St Kilda & Geelong were interested too. I think I read he's a free agent next year, so they might get more now. Or they can give him what he wants, 5 years t $1M.

The Doctor
25-09-2019, 11:19 AM
Paul Connors mentioned Josh Jenkins is happy to go to any club for the next opportunity and prepared to take a pay cut.

Twodogs
25-09-2019, 11:21 AM
Paul Connors mentioned Josh Jenkins is happy to go to any club for the next opportunity and prepared to take a pay cut.

I would too. He's smarter than I thought. Anything would be better than having a proper job!

A lot of AFL players overlook that fact.

bornadog
25-09-2019, 11:28 AM

Adelaide have confirmed he is leaving

Axe Man
25-09-2019, 11:28 AM

Andrew Jarman (yeah I know) reckons that Geelong are interested.

Hopefully the cats mistakenly believe they can have another crack with Dad's Army next year, will make the inevitable fall all the more spectacular.

Rocket Science
25-09-2019, 11:38 AM
Newsflash: Essendon sucks.

https://i.ibb.co/2Z9Kq75/IMG-8103.jpg (https://ibb.co/Vw1BVW3)

bornadog
25-09-2019, 11:39 AM

I am also surprised Eddie would want to go back to Carlton

Twodogs
25-09-2019, 12:08 PM
Nice slap for Essendon on the way through there from Paddy.

Rocket Science
25-09-2019, 01:03 PM
I love that Ryder didn't dismiss the idea out of hand and was at least willing to check-in on Windy Hole personally if only to confirm, yep, no way I'm coming back here.

Just a bloke who played 170 games in your colours casually telling you to stick it up your arse.

*chef kissy fingers*

Axe Man
25-09-2019, 01:15 PM

As much as we all like to put the boots into Essendon this sounds like a pretty silly reason. He's gone all Dennis Denuto on the vibe of the clubs during the off season when there is nobody there? Who was excited, the receptionist?

comrade
25-09-2019, 02:37 PM
As much as we all like to put the boots into Essendon this sounds like a pretty silly reason. He's gone all Dennis Denuto on the vibe of the clubs during the off season when there is nobody there? Who was excited, the receptionist?

I hear the receptionist at Whitten Oval is pretty hyped for next season.

Axe Man
25-09-2019, 02:42 PM

I hope so, they are going to have to be at their best to sway Alex Keath to choose us over the ultra excited Saints.

Rocket Science
25-09-2019, 03:00 PM
And another thing, according to Ryder Essington aren't just bad they're 'shitter than St Kilda' bad.

Who think the Saints will make the eight next year?

Okay I'll stop now but I just want to shoot this stuff into my veins. Onya Bombres.

GVGjr
25-09-2019, 03:25 PM

He averages about 14 games a year because of injury. A late first round pick would be more reasonable and I think they have one around pick 15

bornadog
25-09-2019, 05:11 PM
Papley apparently to Carlton

Axe Man
25-09-2019, 05:22 PM
Papley's old man unloads!
https://i.postimg.cc/prrTXrBT/Papley.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Happy Days
25-09-2019, 05:24 PM
Papley apparently to Carlton

Is this confirmed/by who?

I know we can't land anyone worthwhile but North are making us look like a wedding in Tuscany; their name is dirt at the moment.

bornadog
25-09-2019, 05:50 PM
Is this confirmed/by who?

I know we can't land anyone worthwhile but North are making us look like a wedding in Tuscany; their name is dirt at the moment.

Just never ending rumours

bulldogtragic
25-09-2019, 06:19 PM
Papley's old man unloads!
https://i.postimg.cc/prrTXrBT/Papley.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Didn't miss! Saying what many of us are thinking to be fair.

The Doctor
25-09-2019, 06:22 PM
Tom Browne is a surface feeder. he feeds on the scraps and never dives in deep to get the real story. I agree with Mr Papley

Twodogs
26-09-2019, 07:26 PM

We got the receptionist from West Coast over last pre season. Apparently she can type 90+ words per minute but she's had a bit of trouble with carpal tunnel syndrome so it'll be a couple of months before she's back to her absolute best.

She loves the lovely soft floor in reception though.

comrade
26-09-2019, 07:28 PM
We got the receptionist from West Coast over last pre season. Apparently she can type 90+ words per minute but she's had a bit of trouble with carpal tunnel syndrome so it'll be a couple of months before she's back to her absolute best.

She loves the lovely soft floor in reception though.

Hope she steers clear of the energy drinks.

bulldogtragic
27-09-2019, 09:52 PM
Sounds like Dodoro is going to be busy. Feel sorry for Sydney & Port.

Possible Outs: Daniher (SYD), Fantasia (Port) (arguably their two best forwards)
Possible Ins: Pick/s (SYD), Powell-Pepper & Howard (Port)

Howard is a better defender. What to do with Hurley & Hooker with Francis re-signing? Or chasing Martin again? A bit of work to do to ‘win’ trade week. But if anyone can, they can.

Dry Rot
27-09-2019, 11:31 PM
Sounds like Dodoro is going to be busy. Feel sorry for Sydney & Port.

Possible Outs: Daniher (SYD), Fantasia (Port) (arguably their two best forwards)
Possible Ins: Pick/s (SYD), Powell-Pepper & Howard (Port)

Howard is a better defender. What to do with Hurley & Hooker with Francis re-signing? Or chasing Martin again? A bit of work to do to ‘win’ trade week. But if anyone can, they can.

Hope we can get Howard from under their noses.

Is it certain Howard is leaving Port?

Rocket Science
27-09-2019, 11:51 PM
I don't understand why there's not more being made of Daniher casually requesting out of Windy Hole. A bloody DANIHER.

Yeah he's had a diabolical couple of years with injury but if the trade winds blow true Sydney must be rubbing their hands together.

GVGjr
28-09-2019, 12:04 AM

A 3rd tall? He's contracted and as far as I know he hasn't requested a trade or visited clubs.
Port would need a good trade to let him go

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
28-09-2019, 12:20 AM
I don't understand why there's not more being made of Daniher casually requesting out of Windy Hole. A bloody DANIHER.

Yeah he's had a diabolical couple of years with injury but if the trade winds blow true Sydney must be rubbing their hands together.

Where has it been confirmed he's requested the trade?

bulldogtragic
28-09-2019, 09:53 AM

Howard looks to be the key to Essendon letting Fantasia go to Port. I think it's a one club scenario. They'll probably de,no Powell-Pepper and Port's first rounder.

bornadog
29-09-2019, 10:43 PM
Cam Ellis-Yolmen leaving Adelaide

bulldogtragic
29-09-2019, 10:55 PM

This might take them a decade to get out of if everyone unhappy walks. Which is fine by me. You think they’d have locked in a coach and try to sell a vision to the dwindling player numbers.

Twodogs
30-09-2019, 12:15 AM

They won't have enough players left to field a team at this rate.

bulldogtragic
30-09-2019, 10:06 AM
They won't have enough players left to field a team at this rate.

Maybe they turn into a cricket team. In which case, they should've fought harder to keep Alex Keath.

bornadog
30-09-2019, 10:11 AM
Papley has nominated Carlton

bulldogtragic
30-09-2019, 10:17 AM
Papley has nominated Carlton

Wow. Papley, Martin & Betts. With picks 8 & 39 as their best two picks, Carlton have a bit of work to do to get these picks done and assuming other trades.

The Doctor
30-09-2019, 10:21 AM
Wow. Papley, Martin & Betts. With picks 8 & 39 as their best two picks, Carlton have a bit of work to do to get these picks done and assuming other trades.

Betts will be a token pick with Adelaide likely to pay part of the salary

Papley will cost pick 8.

How do they get Martin? Pick 39 won't do it so future picks may have to come into it. I'm not sure that would appeal to Gold Coast. I think Essendon will be watching like a vulture perched waiting to move in.

bulldogtragic
30-09-2019, 10:44 AM
Betts will be a token pick with Adelaide likely to pay part of the salary

Papley will cost pick 8.

How do they get Martin? Pick 39 won't do it so future picks may have to come into it. I'm not sure that would appeal to Gold Coast. I think Essendon will be watching like a vulture perched waiting to move in.

Agree that Martin is the dicey one. If Carlton give Sydney pick 8 for Papley and Sydney give that to Essendon as part of Daniher. Then Essendon can offer Pick 8 (with something coming back) for Martin and match or exceed the salary. It might pay GCS to drag this one out for maximum return.

If Carlton are looking at other trades, it's going to be interesting how they proceed.

Mofra
30-09-2019, 10:52 AM
A 3rd tall? He's contracted and as far as I know he hasn't requested a trade or visited clubs.
Port would need a good trade to let him go
Howard is a genuine no 1 KPD. Nothing like a 'third tall'.

bulldogtragic
30-09-2019, 11:15 AM
The Age reporting that Melbourne have officially made an offer for Jamie Elliott. And that Collingwood can't increase the $$$ to Elliott. So unless he stays for not much money, he's going to the highest bidder.

GVGjr
30-09-2019, 11:27 AM
Howard is a genuine no 1 KPD. Nothing like a 'third tall'.

I meant as a 3rd tall recruit

bornadog
30-09-2019, 11:43 AM
I meant as a 3rd tall recruit

Agree, I don't think we need to recruit a third tall, especially since we have Naughton, Schache, Trengove, English, Lew Young, Cordy and soon to add Keath and Bruce.

The Adelaide Connection
30-09-2019, 12:25 PM
Agree that Martin is the dicey one. If Carlton give Sydney pick 8 for Papley and Sydney give that to Essendon as part of Daniher. Then Essendon can offer Pick 8 (with something coming back) for Martin and match or exceed the salary. It might pay GCS to drag this one out for maximum return.

If Carlton are looking at other trades, it's going to be interesting how they proceed.

I know Martin and Papley have nominated Carlton, but I hope we are having a chat to their managers regardless. If Carlton can’t manage to get both deals done maybe we can swoop in and snag one.

soupman
30-09-2019, 01:12 PM

Carltons first rounder next year for Gold Coasts second.

Carlton have shown they are ballsy enough to do it, and on their current formline would be expecting to finish somewhere between 10th and 6th at worst, especially with all these recruits. Gold Coast are almost definitely bottom four again, so it would be pick 12ish for pick 22ish and Martin.

The Doctor
30-09-2019, 01:34 PM
Carltons first rounder next year for Gold Coasts second.

Carlton have shown they are ballsy enough to do it, and on their current formline would be expecting to finish somewhere between 10th and 6th at worst, especially with all these recruits. Gold Coast are almost definitely bottom four again, so it would be pick 12ish for pick 22ish and Martin.

can't see suns agreeing to that.

The Doctor
30-09-2019, 01:49 PM
Zac Smith who has been tenuously linked to us has interest from Gold Coast & Essendon according to trade radio.

bulldogtragic
30-09-2019, 02:04 PM
Zac Smith who has been tenuously linked to us has interest from Gold Coast & Essendon according to trade radio.

Then he's not turning into a DFA I'd guess. Interesting if he wanted to go back to GCS. Surely at that late of a pick, Geelong would just do a Roughead trade to whomever he wants to go to for a very late pick.

bornadog
30-09-2019, 04:52 PM
Out of contract fringe Swans ruckman Darcy Cameron has told Sydney today he wants to be traded to Collingwood

hujsh
30-09-2019, 05:04 PM
Out of contract fringe Swans ruckman Darcy Cameron has told Sydney today he wants to be traded to Collingwood

Should be lots of opportunity for him there.

comrade
30-09-2019, 05:17 PM
Should be lots of opportunity for him there.

Must be nice getting paid $300k to schlub it in the 2s.

Dry Rot
30-09-2019, 05:56 PM
What happened to the Grundy to Adelaide talk?

HOSE B ROMERO
30-09-2019, 05:56 PM
For what it's worth 7mate has 'the trade game ' airing tonight at 10.30 and then every Monday & Wednesday at 7.30 until Oct 16th.

azabob
01-10-2019, 07:52 AM
What happened to the Grundy to Adelaide talk?

It’s still around. Grundy and his management team are putting pressure on the pies to offer a 7 year deal before next season.

I’d be surprised though if Grundy went to Adelaide this trade period.

azabob
01-10-2019, 07:52 AM
Then he's not turning into a DFA I'd guess. Interesting if he wanted to go back to GCS. Surely at that late of a pick, Geelong would just do a Roughead trade to whomever he wants to go to for a very late pick.

Did he leave GCS or did they flick him? I can’t see how Smith improves them.

whythelongface
01-10-2019, 08:39 AM
It’s still around. Grundy and his management team are putting pressure on the pies to offer a 7 year deal before next season.

I’d be surprised though if Grundy went to Adelaide this trade period.

The Crows will be lucky to attract anyone decent this trade period. Apart from personal reasons you would think Grundy would stay at the Pies.

Axe Man
01-10-2019, 09:40 AM
Did he leave GCS or did they flick him? I can’t see how Smith improves them.

Traded to Geelong in 2015 for picks 49 and 53. Would be a strange move to return to the Gold Coast. Anywhere he goes he is likely to just be depth so not sure why he would want to uproot and return there when he could just do the same in Melbourne.

The Adelaide Connection
01-10-2019, 12:26 PM
The Crows will be lucky to attract anyone decent this trade period. Apart from personal reasons you would think Grundy would stay at the Pies.

I have a sneaky suspicion that they will get Lukosius in a deal that nets them a Crouch (or two if you believe the latest talk).

They were desperate to get him last trade period but couldn’t orchestrate the pick swaps needed and I think they moved on to Plan B, which was to poach him back after his initial 2 year contract ended. He was an Adelaide fan growing up and GC can play it however they want, but radio silence on a new contract before next season kicks off is not good news.

Lukosius coming back to Adelaide would be the beacon of light and hope that maintains their memberships and crowd numbers next year in the face of a thunderstorm of lower ladder pain (that is likely to last for at least a few years). Much like getting Tom Boyd glossed over the disaster unfolding for us at the end of 2014, they need something to take their minds off the fact that half their best 22 is about to leave.

bulldogtragic
01-10-2019, 12:49 PM
Big surprise, salary dump Patton to Hawthorn. Likely 3rd rounder apparently.

azabob
01-10-2019, 01:23 PM

Didn’t Patton publicly chastise Boyd for taking the $$ and running when he was traded?

bulldogtragic
01-10-2019, 01:44 PM
Didn’t Patton publicly chastise Boyd for taking the $$ and running when he was traded?

But that was then and this is now.

Bulldog4life
01-10-2019, 01:55 PM

Pure jealousy.

Rocket Science
01-10-2019, 02:06 PM

"I love the Giants, I love the club. It's not that I necessarily want to leave there; I just think it's the best thing for myself and my career going forward (to go) to a club that's got an amazing history, amazing coach..."

This made me smile.

soupman
01-10-2019, 02:07 PM

Not really comparable though.

Boyd was a pick 1 who hadn't even been there a year and immediately took an offer to return to Melbourne for massive financial gain.

Patton is another Melbourne boy who spent maybe 8 years there, pushed through some major injuries and team balance issues, probably rejected multiple lucrative offers to come home and only now that GWS don't really need him and Hawthorn are keener is moving for what could be put down as "more opportunity".

bornadog
01-10-2019, 02:46 PM
Not really comparable though.

Boyd was a pick 1 who hadn't even been there a year and immediately took an offer to return to Melbourne for massive financial gain.

Patton is another Melbourne boy who spent maybe 8 years there, pushed through some major injuries and team balance issues, probably rejected multiple lucrative offers to come home and only now that GWS don't really need him and Hawthorn are keener is moving for what could be put down as "more opportunity".

3 x ACL yes major

bornadog
01-10-2019, 04:29 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFxMypSU0AU74BF?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

*!*!*!*! you Patton

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFxMypVU4AAePvu?format=jpg&name=small

soupman
01-10-2019, 07:11 PM
Am i the only one who thinks nothing he said was out of line at all?

bulldogtragic
01-10-2019, 07:23 PM
Am i the only one who thinks nothing he said was out of line at all?

There's some amusing irony in it all, and some 'that was then and this now'. But there's not too much in it.

westdog54
01-10-2019, 07:53 PM
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-10-01/trade-wrap-how-a-giant-decision-could-have-a-flowon-effect-at-the-hawks

Speculation that GWS have enquired about ruckman Marc Pittonet from Hawthorn, as a backup to Sam Jacobs, who they'll likely recruit as a free agent. This could be tied into a deal for Jon Patton.

Also speculation that Brisbane may package up picks 16 and 21 to move up the draft order.

bulldogtragic
01-10-2019, 11:41 PM
Twitter seems to have a view WCE could trade Gaff to get Kelly, a pick to assist it. If this was a real thing (IF), I wonder if our pick 13 - giving them back to back picks 13 & 14 to offer for Tim Kelly (Picks 22 & 33 up their sleves) is enough to get him. 27yo, gut running winger with great skills. IF it’s something WCE are doing, it could be an interesting development.

The Doctor
02-10-2019, 12:29 AM
Twitter seems to have a view WCE could trade Gaff to get Kelly, a pick to assist it. If this was a real thing (IF), I wonder if our pick 13 - giving them back to back picks 13 & 14 to offer for Tim Kelly (Picks 22 & 33 up their sleves) is enough to get him. 27yo, gut running winger with great skills. IF it’s something WCE are doing, it could be an interesting development.

Gaff for 13 yes please. Precisely what we are looking for. But won't be enough to get him I'd say.

Grantysghost
02-10-2019, 03:57 PM
Kelly nominated Eagles officially according to the age. How on earth are they going to do that deal?

bulldogtragic
02-10-2019, 04:02 PM
Kelly nominated Eagles officially according to the age. How on earth are they going to do that deal?

Pick 13 and a player of ours/another pick to WCE or Geelong for Andrew Gaff.

Picks 13 & 14 (22 & 33 or the dogs or WCE player) for Tim Kelly.

I'm just trying to be helpful. I don't like when people argue. So if that helps everyone else, I guess we should do the right thing.

I.e. I don't want McLean traded, but 13 & McLean for Gaff & 33 (36 after compo, 40+ after matched bids). Pick 13, 14 & McLean for Tim Kelly. WCE still hold 22 with Kelly, but lose Gaff.

Axe Man
02-10-2019, 04:16 PM
I can't see any sense in West Coast trading Gaff to get Kelly in. It's an upgrade but not at the expense of pick 14 as well.

I think this years and next years first rounders would be around the mark. Otherwise they need to trade a couple of fringe players like Petrucele for mid range picks and move up the draft order.

bulldogtragic
02-10-2019, 04:21 PM
I can't see any sense in West Coast trading Gaff to get Kelly in. It's an upgrade but not at the expense of pick 14 as well.

I think this years and next years first rounders would be around the mark. Otherwise they need to trade a couple of fringe players like Petrucele for mid range picks and move up the draft order.

I’m just trying to be helpful to them all for a 2020 free agent who may make it hard if the reported $800,000 salary puts pressure on their cap. Geelong should aim to bring in someone through this trade who wants and play serious midfield minutes and can kick a goal. A team who can bring that and a juicy pick could be rewarded.

I’m not betting on it. Just being helpful to clubs in disagreement. They tried to use us last year, and we said no. I’m happy to be sounded out again if they think we can help, for real this time.

ledge
02-10-2019, 04:45 PM
I’m just trying to be helpful to them all for a 2020 free agent who may make it hard if the reported $800,000 salary puts pressure on their cap. Geelong should aim to bring in someone through this trade who wants and play serious midfield minutes and can kick a goal. A team who can bring that and a juicy pick could be rewarded.

I’m not betting on it. Just being helpful to clubs in disagreement. They tried to use us last year, and we said no. I’m happy to be sounded out again if they think we can help, for real this time.

They got Dalhaus , I believe he kicked a goal sometime during the year ;-)

AshMac
02-10-2019, 06:10 PM
Would love Gaff. Him out for Kelly in seems idiotic, particularly after they went so hard to keep him last year.

Trade period is fascinating. Geelong in the Dangerfield trade were all “he wants to come home, Adelaide can’t expect the kitchen sink” now with Kelly they want the kitchen sink.

mjp
02-10-2019, 11:58 PM

1st pick this year and next year.
2017 1st round pick Jarrod Brander.
Geelong's choice of Duggan, Ainsworth or Venables - other recent 1st and 2nd round picks.

Remi Moses
03-10-2019, 12:32 AM
Would love Gaff. Him out for Kelly in seems idiotic, particularly after they went so hard to keep him last year.

Trade period is fascinating. Geelong in the Dangerfield trade were all “he wants to come home, Adelaide can’t expect the kitchen sink” now with Kelly they want the kitchen sink.

Thinking the same thing
God I hate the bluster and posturing this time of year

bornadog
03-10-2019, 09:26 AM
I don't believe Gaff is going anywhere, just made up by people trying to work out a trade.

westdog54
03-10-2019, 11:03 AM
1st pick this year and next year.
2017 1st round pick Jarrod Brander.
Geelong's choice of Duggan, Ainsworth or Venables - other recent 1st and 2nd round picks.

Duggan is a Bacchus Marsh boy, Geelong would be an ideal spot for him if he wanted to come home.

Mofra
03-10-2019, 11:13 AM
Duggan is a Bacchus Marsh boy, Geelong would be an ideal spot for him if he wanted to come home.
If Duggan goes to Geelong it makes the Charlie Constable situation interesting.

Rocket Science
03-10-2019, 11:24 AM
Where has it been confirmed he's requested the trade?

Depends what constitutes a 'request' but appears the wheels are in motion (https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-10-03/swans-set-to-pay-big-price-for-daniher-as-threeclub-deal-looms).

I'm guessing Joe's treading softly in public to placate an already broken fanbase of a club his name's synonymous with, and not provide Bombres brass further reason to obstruct a move because, y'know, they have to 'win' trade week.

I'm still agog Essendon have let it come to this with Daniher. Imagine us confronting this with Libba or Rhylee West in a few years.

bornadog
03-10-2019, 11:56 AM
Depends what constitutes a 'request' but appears the wheels are in motion (https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-10-03/swans-set-to-pay-big-price-for-daniher-as-threeclub-deal-looms).

I'm guessing Joe's treading softly in public to placate an already broken fanbase of a club his name's synonymous with, and not provide Bombres brass further reason to obstruct a move because, y'know, they have to 'win' trade week.

I'm still agog Essendon have let it come to this with Daniher. Imagine us confronting this with Libba or Rhylee West in a few years.

Danihers also played at Swans.

Rocket Science
03-10-2019, 11:59 AM
Danihers also played at Swans.

I'm sure that'll soothe the Essington tragics.

hujsh
03-10-2019, 12:05 PM
Goddard says Essendon should play 'harball' on Fantasia and Danniher trades.

5&9 for Danniher and Wines for Fantasia. That's right. They should apparently ask for Port's co-captain. It's their right to do so.

bornadog
03-10-2019, 12:11 PM
I'm sure that'll soothe the Essington tragics.

Joe's dad Anthony played 115 games at Sydney, so they can feast on that.

The Adelaide Connection
03-10-2019, 12:12 PM

5&9 for Danniher and Wines for Fantasia. That's right. They should apparently ask for Port's co-captain. It's their right to do so.

The pro-Essington media folk are THE most outrageously delusional. The other day Lloyd had thrown together a trade that was ‘about right’ for all three teams involved that netted them 4 and 8 for Daniher. Yeah, the guy that has been so broken that he hasn’t played in two years and is not sure he even has the motivation to do so anymore. :confused:

Grantysghost
03-10-2019, 01:09 PM

Thankfully the people part of the deals are far removed from these guys driving clicks. In a world of advertising subterfuge this is the ultimate Essendon commercial.

Rocket Science
03-10-2019, 01:28 PM
Let the bloodletting begin ...

https://i.ibb.co/NxHTT78/Screen-Shot-2019-10-03-at-12-25-49-PM.png (https://imgbb.com/)

Let's see Windy Hole reduced to just enough ashes to fill not one but two Trade Period Premiership cups.

Mofra
03-10-2019, 01:38 PM

I hope they do play hardball and both trades fall over.
Dodo is now on their board so can't really be moved on.

macca
03-10-2019, 11:31 PM
I hope that all clubs see the hyperbole that essendon expects first rounders for all their players and be more covert with sniffing out player movement . Why don’t the players managers just sound out when their clients contracts are up and let them walk out of essendon ? This way no club needs to deal with dodo .

Fantasia must be wondering why the hell he signed for 4 years...

Daniher and now on the lookout Fantasia
Ryder did not get the vibe
Hope the list gets longer ....

divvydan
04-10-2019, 12:13 AM
I still have no idea what Daniher is worth. On the one hand, only 11 games in 2 season with OP is a huge red flag for any club but on the other hand, up until that point he had improved year on year and kicked 65 goals in his last full season with a mediocre midfield supplying him.

Axe Man
04-10-2019, 01:12 PM
Brisbane have joined the race for Elliott now.

bornadog
04-10-2019, 02:38 PM
Adam Tomlinson has opted to exercise his free agency rights.

Melbourne's GM of footy Josh Mahoney says the Demons are close to signing the 140-game Giant.

"We expect the Tomlinson deal to be done early next week."

Melbourne has also put in a bid for Elliot.

Mofra
04-10-2019, 05:20 PM
Our second rounder will keep blowing out. Tomlinson will probably end up band 2 compo, Elliott potentially as well. Add Gold Coast's end of first round concession (and of course their pick 2), it's going to be a weird trade period.

jeemak
04-10-2019, 10:59 PM
I hope they do play hardball and both trades fall over.
Dodo is now on their board so can't really be moved on.

I really don't know who this guy has photos of, because he's just the pits and hasn't done a lot of good for that place for a very long time.

Sedat
05-10-2019, 11:01 AM
Adam Tomlinson has opted to exercise his free agency rights.

Melbourne's GM of footy Josh Mahoney says the Demons are close to signing the 140-game Giant.

"We expect the Tomlinson deal to be done early next week."
That will get Melbourne rocketing up the ladder from 17th to 15th. I am consistently surprised that this bloke always has suitors during trade week every year.

The Bulldogs Bite
05-10-2019, 12:10 PM
That will get Melbourne rocketing up the ladder from 17th to 15th. I am consistently surprised that this bloke always has suitors during trade week every year.

Yep - I've never seen it with him.

Thought he was shown up on GF day (had mates), but more because he has no position. The talk of him playing wing is absolutely laughable - reminds me of suggestions to use Ayce Cordy on the wing. Having said that, I'd pay to see him up against Gaff or Hunter as it'd make for comical viewing.

He's not a key defender - doesn't play aggressive and isn't strong enough. He's not a key forward - no natural instincts.

He's as vanilla as they come yet every trade period he morphs into Matthew Pavlich who can "play everywhere".

Happy Days
05-10-2019, 01:15 PM
He's (Tomlinson) not the first guy to make a million dollars because he looks like a million dollars, and he won't be the last. Glad that we've stayed away.

GVGjr
05-10-2019, 04:04 PM
From Jake Niall

Essendon star Joe Daniher has informed the Bombers that he wishes to be traded to the Sydney Swans.

Daniher, who has played for seven years at Essendon, has told the Dons that he wants a trade to the Swans for lifestyle reasons. He wishes to live in Sydney.

He informed the club of his decision in the past couple of days. Essendon, however, will play hard-ball on a trade and wants him to remain with them in 2020.

Daniher is contracted for next year only when he will be a restricted free agent. Sydney have pick five in the national draft which is all but certain to be on offer to Essendon in exchange for Daniher, who was eligible to join either Essendon or the Swans as a father-son recruit.

If true, that will shake things up

Grantysghost
05-10-2019, 04:14 PM
From Jake Niall

Essendon star Joe Daniher has informed the Bombers that he wishes to be traded to the Sydney Swans.

Daniher, who has played for seven years at Essendon, has told the Dons that he wants a trade to the Swans for lifestyle reasons. He wishes to live in Sydney.

He informed the club of his decision in the past couple of days. Essendon, however, will play hard-ball on a trade and wants him to remain with them in 2020.

Daniher is contracted for next year only when he will be a restricted free agent. Sydney have pick five in the national draft which is all but certain to be on offer to Essendon in exchange for Daniher, who was eligible to join either Essendon or the Swans as a father-son recruit.

Wow that's massive. Dodos ledger is all of a sudden very sorry. Jake enters everyone leaves.

Grantysghost
05-10-2019, 04:18 PM
He's (Tomlinson) not the first guy to make a million dollars because he looks like a million dollars, and he won't be the last. Glad that we've stayed away.

Agree he's a good ordinary player. Definitely wouldn't be spending overs to get to our club. Melbourne seem a perfect mis-fit.

Rocket Science
05-10-2019, 04:21 PM
From Jake Niall

QUICK! Everyone over to bombreblitz.com !

Never. Gets. Old.

Happy Days
05-10-2019, 04:45 PM

Never. Gets. Old.

Wow I didn't know that Joe Daniher sucks and they're better off with a pick that might net a player a quarter as good as him but I guess you learn something new every day.

Rocket Science
05-10-2019, 05:16 PM
Wow I didn't know that Joe Daniher sucks and they're better off with a pick that might net a player a quarter as good as him but I guess you learn something new every day.

It's a truly touching parade of all seven stages of grief.

Excuse me I just need to duck out for more popcorn.

hujsh
05-10-2019, 05:30 PM

It sure reads like our exceptions around Stringer. I wonder if Joe will be as accommodating for the Swans as Stringer was for the Airplanes

bornadog
05-10-2019, 05:47 PM

Never. Gets. Old.

I love this comment " Get Josh Bruce"

Twodogs
05-10-2019, 06:41 PM

Get some more beers in while you are at it RS. My wallet is on the fridge.

Remi Moses
05-10-2019, 11:28 PM
There goes the trade period three peat

Sedat
06-10-2019, 10:35 AM
Essendon's trade period 3-peat now in serious jeopardy.

GVGjr
06-10-2019, 11:03 AM
Essendon's trade period 3-peat now in serious jeopardy.

According to Dan Richardson, Daniher will be playing for Essendon next year

Hotdog60
06-10-2019, 11:16 AM
According to Dan Richardson, Daniher will be playing for Essendon next year

Are they going hold him to his contract?
Like Geelong did with Kelly. If a player wants to go is there any point in keeping him if the commitment is not there.

GVGjr
06-10-2019, 11:27 AM
Are they going hold him to his contract?
Like Geelong did with Kelly. If a player wants to go is there any point in keeping him if the commitment is not there.

It's probably a bit of posturing to remind the Swans they have to pay up. I think a first and 2nd round pick will get it done because I can't see how the Swans pay more given he hasn't been on the ground much for the last 2 years (11 games)
If Swans wait for him in 12 months then they get him for nothing and Essendon probably get a end of first round pick for him. They might do a bit better than that though

bornadog
06-10-2019, 12:37 PM
Saints chasing Dan Butler

bornadog
06-10-2019, 04:43 PM
Zak Jones have nominated the Saints

Dry Rot
06-10-2019, 05:26 PM
Zak Jones have nominated the Saints

What's Jones worth? Mid second rounder?

bulldogtragic
06-10-2019, 05:28 PM

Whatever St Kilda take for Bruce. Something second round.

GVGjr
06-10-2019, 05:29 PM

Something in the 2nd round, mid to late I suspect

bulldogtragic
07-10-2019, 12:09 PM
Elliott has turned down Melbourne. So it's Brisbane or Collingwood.

Axe Man
07-10-2019, 01:03 PM
Tom Browne :rolleyes: reckons up to 6 clubs are chasing Dougal Howard including North, St Kilda and Collingwood.

bulldogtragic
07-10-2019, 01:04 PM
Tom Browne :rolleyes: reckons up to 6 clubs are chasing Dougal Howard including North, St Kilda and Collingwood.

Covering his bases! Should've just gone 17 other clubs...

The Adelaide Connection
07-10-2019, 01:20 PM
Elliott has turned down Melbourne. So it's Brisbane or Collingwood.

We were linked early, I wonder if that was genuine or media guesswork?

Imagine a forward line that had Naughton, Bruce, Lloyd, Schache, and Elliott. A few years ago we’d routinely struggle for marks inside 50, despite often winning the inside 50 count. This year amazingly we snuck into #1. With this crew all of a sudden it would be one of our clear weapons.

bulldogtragic
07-10-2019, 01:22 PM

Imagine a forward line that had Naughton, Bruce, Lloyd, Schache, and Elliott. A few years ago we’d routinely struggle for marks inside 50, despite often winning the inside 50 count. This year amazingly we snuck into #1. With this crew all of a sudden it would be one of our clear weapons.

Tom Browne was guessing (as usual) and everyone sourced him as the link to us. No credible journo linked us independently of the original guess work.

azabob
07-10-2019, 01:23 PM

Devil is in the detail. If you carefully read what Tom Browne said, he actually never said we were interested. He only said we have cap space.

Mitcha
07-10-2019, 02:47 PM
Tom Browne is a smug little turd and has an inflated opinion of himself with a very punchable head, could he be related to Toby Greene?

ratsmac
07-10-2019, 04:16 PM
Ain't it funny how Essenscum want 2 first rounders for Daniher yet they only offered us 2 second rounders for Stringer at the time. I'd argue Stringer was in better shape and had achieved more than Daniher has right now. I hope Sydney trade their first rounder like Essenscum did with us giving it to the plastics for D Smith. Stringer was damaged goods at the time but Daniher ain't exactly running on top of the ground right now.

Dodo is doing what's best for his club I know but it's just annoying that even the media saying 2 firsts.

The Adelaide Connection
07-10-2019, 04:26 PM
Ain't it funny how Essenscum want 2 first rounders for Daniher yet they only offered us 2 second rounders for Stringer at the time. I'd argue Stringer was in better shape and had achieved more than Daniher has right now. I hope Sydney trade their first rounder like Essenscum did with us giving it to the plastics for D Smith. Stringer was damaged goods at the time but Daniher ain't exactly running on top of the ground right now.

Dodo is doing what's best for his club I know but it's just annoying that even the media saying 2 firsts.

I have been chuckling at the differences in what Geelong think they should get/give up for players. They want 17 first rounders for Kelly, yet want to give pick 36ish to the Saints for a four times best and fairest winner (who is admittedly coming off a troubled year). They also spouted the “do the right thing when a player wants to come home” line at the Crows when trying to get Dangerfield for nix, yet refuse to acknowledge this with Kelly (despite his reasons clearly being more pressing than Dangers).

GVGjr
07-10-2019, 06:28 PM

Did Hogan go for a first and second rounder last year? I'd say that is the template for the deal for a star player but one who has only played 11 senior games out of the last 45

Axe Man
07-10-2019, 06:34 PM
Did Hogan go for a first and second rounder last year? I'd say that is the template for the deal for a star player but one who has only played 11 senior games out of the last 45

The deal was Hogan and pick No.65 to Fremantle for pick No.6 and No.23. That seems about right for Daniher considering he could walk in a years time and they would only get a single first rounder as free agency compensation.

GVGjr
07-10-2019, 07:33 PM
The deal was Hogan and pick No.65 to Fremantle for pick No.6 and No.23. That seems about right for Daniher considering he could walk in a years time and they would only get a single first rounder as free agency compensation.

Yep, that is around the mark.

AshMac
07-10-2019, 10:41 PM

Doesn’t help when the senior coach comes out in the media and calls him damaged goods.

I love him but for god sake Bevo is banned from discussing trades in the press forever! Too honest,

bornadog
07-10-2019, 10:41 PM
Elliot going no where

bulldogtragic
07-10-2019, 10:44 PM
Elliot going no where

Did his dance get him a third year, and/or more money?

Nice he chose not to waste our time to increase his contract.

Sedat
07-10-2019, 11:28 PM
Someone very important will surely slip through the cracks next year at the filth. Other clubs are stretching their salary cap to breaking point

The Adelaide Connection
08-10-2019, 12:50 PM
Stumbled across this gold (on the Daniher situation) on BF and thought it was worth reposting:

“Essendon supporters starting to sound like a guy trying to sell you a "pre-loved" "immaculate condition, but with repair receipts" 2012 Jeep with suspiciously low kms on the clock "bought for the daughter but happy to keep as a runabout"...”

1eyedog
08-10-2019, 03:31 PM
Stumbled across this gold (on the Daniher situation) on BF and thought it was worth reposting:

“Essendon supporters starting to sound like a guy trying to sell you a "pre-loved" "immaculate condition, but with repair receipts" 2012 Jeep with suspiciously low kms on the clock "bought for the daughter but happy to keep as a runabout"...”

Haha It's an Essendon thing.

bornadog
08-10-2019, 04:24 PM
Bombers in talks for Mason Cox (https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/bombers-in-talks-for-mason-cox-20191008-p52ypr.html?ref=rss&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it)

Back to Bomberblitz - quick :D

Bulldog Revolution
08-10-2019, 04:39 PM
Bombers in talks for Mason Cox (https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/bombers-in-talks-for-mason-cox-20191008-p52ypr.html?ref=rss&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it)

Back to Bomberblitz - quick :D

Is this all a distraction caper for those in power at the Dons

Losing Daniher and Fantasia is a debacle after paying overs in salary for Devon Smith and Shiel

Grantysghost
08-10-2019, 04:51 PM
It's the news you give to buffer the impact of the real news....Fantasia and Daniher out. Jenkins in.

bulldogtragic
08-10-2019, 05:03 PM
Apparently Mason Cox is still in flight. If he reads that he might just go straight back to Texas, exercise his right to the second amendment and shoot anyone that might make him suggest he go to Essendon.

AMT & Stringer might find next year even harder again if they're the best two forwards they've got. The dream of one day winning a final keeps getting pushed back.

comrade
08-10-2019, 05:19 PM
Apparently Mason Cox is still in flight. If he reads that he might just go straight back to Texas, exercise his right to the second amendment and shoot anyone that might make him suggest he go to Essendon.

AMT & Stringer might find next year even harder again if they're the best two forwards they've got. The dream of one day winning a final keeps getting pushed back.

JD was part of the 'presenting' team that sold Shiel on the Essendon dream. Lol.

Mofra
08-10-2019, 05:27 PM

They'll loe Fantasia too who is injury prone but can play.

bulldogtragic
08-10-2019, 05:29 PM
Essendon members on Twitter blowing up. I won’t renew my membership. I’m actually sick hearing this. The entire club needs to be drug tested again.

We’ve moving into Chernobyl level meltdown once Fantasia makes it official/public.

Maybe they might not win trade week this year?

Doc26
08-10-2019, 05:37 PM
Essendon members on Twitter blowing up. I won’t renew my membership. I’m actually sick hearing this. The entire club needs to be drug tested again.

We’ve moving into Chernobyl level meltdown once Fantasia makes it official/public.

I didn't appreciate just how much they viewed Joey Daniher to be the second coming of Christ, or in other words, the second coming of James Hird.

That bunch are truly a weird type of cult.

soupman
08-10-2019, 05:38 PM
Discussing this the other day but are Essendon just North Melbourne with supporters?

It seems every season their main strategy is to top up their list with whoever is moving clubs anyway in an effort to be the best of the mediocre clubs. Sure, unlike North the Bombers at least get the "big fish" to nominate them but ultimately both clubs have completely non-threatening lists that have fit neither the "top four quality" group nor the "group of promising youngsters who could eventually be top four quality" for years.

With Daniher and Fantasia going there goes two of their only four decent forwards, their defence is lead by two key defenders that are on the decline and their captain is an ageing Heppell that has never really been that good anyway. They'll fail at rebuilding their list if they try and I expect they'll just continue this topping up strategy that seems almost specifically built to earn the club a first week exit in the finals. It seems they are too proud (read: arrogant) to deliberately have a down year although having seen the young talent they gloat about (Francis who is kilometres behind draft colleagues like Dunkley, Oliver, Hipwood, Rioli) (and Parish, who is the most vanilla, vanilla mid that ever vanilla'd) then maybe bottoming out really isn't an option.

So Essendon and North, two clubs on very different budgets hoping to be the "best of the rest". Glorious.

Happy Days
08-10-2019, 05:58 PM
The Dons culture is absolutely toxic. They're just so pig-headed with their attitude to everything and their refusal to admit fault in any given circumstances that they can never see the forest for the trees and actually improve the conditions around their club to try and see some success. Instead, every time they opt for a weird Orwellian PR statement about the shape of the club that their media harem eat up; their spongy floors, how galvanised the playing group is by shared drug intakes, how being too cowardly to sack a coach and instead leaving him in purgatory for 12 months is actually a succession plan, and so on. If nothing is busted and everything is awesome, how can anyone be responsible for it?

Compound this with their unwillingness to engage in long-term planning and inability to draft and you have all the ingredients to not win a final for two decades. They won't address their problems because they don't want to believe they are there.

hujsh
08-10-2019, 06:04 PM
Going after Cox smells of desperation. Keep the Essendon takes coming everyone it's fantastic reading

bornadog
08-10-2019, 06:25 PM

Love it :D

The Adelaide Connection
08-10-2019, 10:52 PM
Going after Cox smells of desperation. Keep the Essendon takes coming everyone it's fantastic reading

Over on Bomberblitz they have a thread that is a competition to name their Trading forum for the year. Some of the suggestions so far include:

‘Last one out turn the lights off’

‘Sam Powell-Pepper’s Broken Hearts Club Fans’

‘Its Pronounced Fanta-See-Ya ?’

‘MASS EXODUS
A
S
S
E
X
O
D
U
S’

‘Leaving for Life$tyle Reason$‘

‘2019: The leader-ship has sailed.’

‘Everything Is Bad And On Fire’

bornadog
08-10-2019, 11:41 PM

Apparently now completely denying this

Bumper Bulldogs
09-10-2019, 08:08 AM
Apparently now completely denying this

And you are surprised how?

azabob
09-10-2019, 08:56 AM
Mark Stevens believes that Collingwood approached Essendon as a salary dump exercise.

ledge
09-10-2019, 08:59 AM
I’m still in love with the Stringer deal , if anything he is the same old Jake. They pump out to all the media how he is flying in the off season, a huge year coming up playing in the midfield etc
BT raving he will win the B&F and he doesn’t even fall in the top ten. Seriously if a half forward flanker that averages about ten touches a game wins your teams award your in strife.
I think he typifies Essendon, plays the odd good game shows promise but it never eventuates into a team of consistently good footy.

Mofra
09-10-2019, 10:10 AM
Mark Stevens believes that Collingwood approached Essendon as a salary dump exercise.
I'd believe it. Stevo tends to get decent info, certainly compared to some (e.g. Tom Browne).

The Pies have a cap squeeze and everybody knows it. Makes the Beams trade last year even more baffling. Not a need, high cost in picks and cap. It's easy to get seduced by a 'good' player and forget whether you actually need them or not.

ledge
09-10-2019, 11:19 AM
I'd believe it. Stevo tends to get decent info, certainly compared to some (e.g. Tom Browne).

The Pies have a cap squeeze and everybody knows it. Makes the Beams trade last year even more baffling. Not a need, high cost in picks and cap. It's easy to get seduced by a 'good' player and forget whether you actually need them or not.

Would Cox actually be on much ?

The Doctor
09-10-2019, 11:46 AM
he must be if they were trying to salary dump him

mjp
09-10-2019, 11:48 AM
Would Cox actually be on much ?

I think he is going OK. Pies had to up the offer last time because there was a competing offer from (I wanna say Brisbane) worth a lot more $.

Biggest issue with Cox is that he is nearing 30 years old. I think he has some attributes as a second tall in a good side because he can take a turn in the ruck...pretty sure the Pies would have played him in the finals this year and am pretty confident it would have balanced up their front half vs the Giants.

Why would Essendon do it though? I know we all hate them but their list build in terms of replacing players in that 23-27 year group (many of whom they lost through their own doing - aka the drugs scandal) has been going OK. Kelly wants to go home but Geelong is OK whereas Fantasia wants to go home = Essendon is toxic? I think that is pretty harsh.

I'm not sure they would do the Stringer thing again - certainly not on the $ they gave him - but that was a club being opportunistic and grabbing an elite talent (undeniable) who surprisingly dropped onto the market place...As for Shiel, well, not too many people were critical of the 'race to sign' him that went on last year and he had a reasonable season. He was never Adam Treloar but they only paid half the price that Collingwood paid...and the 'Pies had an actual ruckman (the Bellchambers and Draper injuries killed Essendon's season) + other tier one mids in Pendlebury and Sidebottom already in place...who did Essendon have? Parish is a foot soldier, Heppell is a foot soldier...Merrett is pretty good though and McGrath is an excellent small defender but no-one seems happy with letting him play that role.

I don't know. If Hogan was worth a top 10 pick + a second rounder then so is Daniher. If the Bombers get more than that, well, good luck to them (it doesn't hurt to ask).

Mofra
09-10-2019, 12:06 PM
I don't know. If Hogan was worth a top 10 pick + a second rounder then so is Daniher. If the Bombers get more than that, well, good luck to them (it doesn't hurt to ask).
Discussing the deal elsewhere I mentioned the Hogan deal as being similar to Daniher's market value.

At this stage Essendon are asking for more - much more- for Daniher.

The Adelaide Connection
09-10-2019, 12:23 PM
I think he is going OK. Pies had to up the offer last time because there was a competing offer from (I wanna say Brisbane) worth a lot more $.

Biggest issue with Cox is that he is nearing 30 years old. I think he has some attributes as a second tall in a good side because he can take a turn in the ruck...pretty sure the Pies would have played him in the finals this year and am pretty confident it would have balanced up their front half vs the Giants.

Why would Essendon do it though? I know we all hate them but their list build in terms of replacing players in that 23-27 year group (many of whom they lost through their own doing - aka the drugs scandal) has been going OK. Kelly wants to go home but Geelong is OK whereas Fantasia wants to go home = Essendon is toxic? I think that is pretty harsh.

I'm not sure they would do the Stringer thing again - certainly not on the $ they gave him - but that was a club being opportunistic and grabbing an elite talent (undeniable) who surprisingly dropped onto the market place...As for Shiel, well, not too many people were critical of the 'race to sign' him that went on last year and he had a reasonable season. He was never Adam Treloar but they only paid half the price that Collingwood paid...and the 'Pies had an actual ruckman (the Bellchambers and Draper injuries killed Essendon's season) + other tier one mids in Pendlebury and Sidebottom already in place...who did Essendon have? Parish is a foot soldier, Heppell is a foot soldier...Merrett is pretty good though and McGrath is an excellent small defender but no-one seems happy with letting him play that role.

This is a really well balanced, considered post. Mods: may I suggest a life ban for MJP, this is Essendon after all ;)

I think Cox was originally on super huge coin outside of the cap (category B). I am guessing his contract isn’t quite what it was (has been front loaded in a round about way) but I think you are right that interest came from elsewhere that forced their hand to give him more than maybe they would have.

This was absolutely an attempted salary dump. The question is, who did they have in mind to replace him? I think DeGoey and Mihocek need a tall around them and Ben Reid’s body is a bet you don’t want to go all in on. I feel like they have an iron in the fire. Josh “Moneyball” Jenkins?

There are a few rumours that if Dhead policies had an Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade style booby trapped series of tests, Fantasia would now be missing his head. Obviously you take these things with a grain of salt, but churning through three managers does raise an eyebrow.

On the surface the media are sounding alarm bells if Essington lose Fantasia and Daniher, but one has chewed a whole bunch of cap space (almost) without taking the field in two years and the other misfired and underperformed most of the year (11 disposals and 1.3 goals a game is not really elite) and *allegedly* is the type of character you don’t mind moving on. *Stringer irony noted*

bulldogtragic
09-10-2019, 01:07 PM
Dan Butler off to Carlton or St Kilda.

Sam Gray's intentions quiet. He was linked to both the above, but I'm assuming not going to either if they're chasing others.

Bulldog4life
09-10-2019, 01:37 PM
Telstra AFL Trade Radio
@traderadio
Sam McClure: Craig Cameron and Stephen Silvagni are very bullish. There's potentially a concern with getting Jack Martin to the Blues.

bulldogtragic
09-10-2019, 01:39 PM
Telstra AFL Trade Radio
@traderadio
Sam McClure: Craig Cameron and Stephen Silvagni are very bullish. There's potentially a concern with getting Jack Martin to the Blues.

Would you go back to Martin and his manger (and GCS)?

bulldogtragic
09-10-2019, 01:43 PM
The Age reporting possible ruck insurance for many clubs, Tom Nicholls from GCS will retire.

Bulldog4life
09-10-2019, 01:45 PM

As Sam said Bruce and Keath are our priorities and then after those 2 are locked away who knows BT.

1eyedog
09-10-2019, 01:50 PM
Hard to work on other trades when we know Bruce and Keath are likely to be done at the 11th hour.

Bulldog4life
09-10-2019, 01:51 PM
Hard to work on other trades when we know Bruce and Keath are likely to be done at the 11th hour.

Time will tell I suppose.

azabob
09-10-2019, 01:55 PM

Nope. GCS would want pick 13.

1eyedog
09-10-2019, 07:09 PM
Howard has nominated St.Kilda.

lemmon
09-10-2019, 07:16 PM
Howard has nominated St.Kilda.

So that's Howard, Hill, Jones and Ryder with very little draft-pick currency in the bank. Good luck.

1eyedog
09-10-2019, 07:17 PM
So that's Howard, Hill, Jones and Ryder with very little draft-pick currency in the bank. Good luck.

Hopefully it accelerates the Bruce trade they've got some work to do.

Rocket Science
09-10-2019, 10:01 PM

According to the bloke with the most flushable head in footy here (https://www.afl.com.au/video/2019-10-08/immature-fantasia-why-betts-must-wait-and-who-swoops-on-grundy), Martin to Blues is heavily predicated on Eddie Betts to Blues first because there's a strong sense of kinship there.

With us on record as saying we want to lure indigenous talent why on earth haven't we spoken to both in those terms?

Lets say Betts plays 12-15 games next year on his farewell tour before transitioning into Brett Goodes' old role - and don't tell me Eddie wouldn't be an extremely effective advocate for more indigenous talent down the line - while Martin joins the fold and blossoms under Eddie's mentorship, as does Ugle-Hagan, and hopefully many many more talented mob.

It seems a ready made panacea for one of our key stated aims.

And besides who REALLY wants to go Caaaaarl'n?

AshMac
10-10-2019, 09:30 AM
According to the bloke with the most flushable head in footy here (https://www.afl.com.au/video/2019-10-08/immature-fantasia-why-betts-must-wait-and-who-swoops-on-grundy), Martin to Blues is heavily predicated on Eddie Betts to Blues first because there's a strong sense of kinship there.

With us on record as saying we want to lure indigenous talent why on earth haven't we spoken to both in those terms?

Lets say Betts plays 12-15 games next year on his farewell tour before transitioning into Brett Goodes' old role - and don't tell me Eddie wouldn't be an extremely effective advocate for more indigenous talent down the line - while Martin joins the fold and blossoms under Eddie's mentorship, as does Ugle-Hagan, and hopefully many many more talented mob.

It seems a ready made panacea for one of our key stated aims.

And besides who REALLY wants to go Caaaaarl'n?

It’s a good idea but I can’t see Eddie being remotely interested in the dogs with the relationships and history he has at Optus Oval. Surely we’d need to pay huge overs for his playing services then run the risk of him moving for an after footy role back to the blues.

He would be a fantastic indigenous ambassador.

bornadog
10-10-2019, 09:56 AM
Cox's manager confirms "conversations" between Bombers and Pies took place

Cox didn't even know as he tweeted - Fake News.

bulldogtragic
10-10-2019, 09:58 AM
Cox didn't even know as he tweeted - Fake News.

That's the very definition of fake news... It being true.

bornadog
10-10-2019, 09:58 AM
That's the very definition of fake news... It being true.

Very funny - don't you love this time of the year :D

bulldogtragic
10-10-2019, 10:12 AM
Very funny - don't you love this time of the year :D

Yeah. Nothing quite like the silly season. Although a week is enough for me. One completed trade into the fourth day should signal the need for a reduction. The weekend news cycle, if a lot doesn't get resolved, will be unbearable.

I hope we can pull a rabbit out of the hat and get someone of top quality no one expected us to get. Like Sam Landsberger hinted at.

The Doctor
10-10-2019, 01:37 PM
Freo demanding 2 first round picks for Hill. Playing hard ball. Good on them.

Saints apparantly wanted Hill + 2nd rounder for pick 6. Lol!

comrade
10-10-2019, 01:40 PM
Freo demanding 2 first round picks for Hill. Playing hard ball. Good on them.

Saints apparantly wanted Hill + 2nd rounder for pick 6. Lol!

No wonder Saints are pushing hard for pick 13.

The Doctor
10-10-2019, 01:48 PM
Have Saints bitten off more than they can chew? Hill, Jones, Howard, Ryder, Butler?

They were never a chance to get Hill for anything less than pick 6 surely. Offering $900k over 6 years. Thats pick 6 + in my view. What was the Kelly deal? similar terms?

bulldogtragic
10-10-2019, 02:00 PM
Have Saints bitten off more than they can chew? Hill, Jones, Howard, Ryder, Butler?

They were never a chance to get Hill for anything less than pick 6 surely. Offering $900k over 6 years. Thats pick 6 + in my view. What was the Kelly deal? similar terms?

St Kilda list manager going to very stressed about now. Still with only picks 6 & 59 as their best two picks. They need to start off loading Bruce, Acres, Newnes (FA) & McKenzie to at least sort out Jones, Ryder & Butler. They look still well short of trade if they won't future trade their first rounder. Interesting to see how they play it out from here.

azabob
10-10-2019, 02:20 PM
Interestingly I read that Gubby Allan is riding shot gun with the Saints list manager (James Gallagher) on this trade period. I don’t necessarily think that’s a good thing.

The Doctor
10-10-2019, 02:24 PM
From the bleachers it looks to me like Lethlean, Ratten, Finnis & Gubby Allen wanted to make a big statement this trade period as the newly formed hierarchy & have come in like storm troopers with all guns blazing except their out of ammo.

It also looks like Freo, Cats & us are not going to be bullied by them. Port will probably do likewise with Howard & also demand a decent pick.

Good luck to them I suppose.

hujsh
10-10-2019, 02:27 PM

Only if they refuse to deal future picks because they insist on getting King next year. If they were willing to bring in futures it might be different.

The Doctor
10-10-2019, 02:34 PM
Saints would have to try and split pick 6 to get 2 lower 1st round picks and see if they can deal those perhaps

bornadog
10-10-2019, 03:03 PM
Fantasia has decided not to leave

bulldogtragic
10-10-2019, 03:05 PM
Fantasia has decided not to leave

Go Dodoro!!

Traded him into Essendon from Essendon without even having to give up a single pick!!

The Doctor
10-10-2019, 03:09 PM
Go Dodoro!!

Traded him into Essendon from Essendon without even having to give up a single pick!!

He is the clubhouse leader for the 'Dodoro medal' at the moment.

He also made the Kelly deal possible and secured a a pick upgrade (37 to 33) as a service fee.

bulldogtragic
10-10-2019, 03:18 PM
He is the clubhouse leader for the 'Dodoro medal' at the moment.

He also made the Kelly deal possible and secured a a pick upgrade (37 to 33) as a service fee.

That's a 'perpetual Dodoro medal' move.

Mofra
10-10-2019, 03:25 PM
Saints would have to try and split pick 6 to get 2 lower 1st round picks and see if they can deal those perhaps
Exactly what they've now done - have 12 & 18 from GWS.

Pick 18 isn't much use to either Freo (Liam Henry) or Port (Mead) due to NGA/FS bids. Makes getting both Hill & Howard difficult.

bulldogtragic
10-10-2019, 03:38 PM
Exactly what they've now done - have 12 & 18 from GWS.

Pick 18 isn't much use to either Freo (Liam Henry) or Port (Mead) due to NGA/FS bids. Makes getting both Hill & Howard difficult.

I'm thinking is Pick 18 is aimed at us... If we'd take it.

Picks 13 & 32 for Pick 18 & Bruce. Our Pick 32 currently offered, plus downgrade 5 spots from 13 to 18, late 1st round to end of 1st round.

Then they have picks 12, 13 & 32.

Us: Pick 18, Bruce, Keath, 50 & 52, 88

jazzadogs
10-10-2019, 03:44 PM

Picks 13 & 32 for Pick 18 & Bruce. Our Pick 32 currently offered, plus downgrade 5 spots from 13 to 18, late 1st round to end of 1st round.

This values Bruce at 24. If they add in 59 it values him at 29, and we have an extra pick to upgrade this year/2020.

The Doctor
10-10-2019, 03:44 PM

I wouldn't.

pick 32 is the deal as far as I'm concerned.

If they want a 1st round pick swap then they need to offer something for that (ie 2020 3rd pick). But if we have a target at pick 13 then no thanks

bulldogtragic
10-10-2019, 03:51 PM
This values Bruce at 24. If they add in 59 it values him at 29, and we have an extra pick to upgrade this year/2020.

Thanks for the sums Jazza. I think they handed GWS 59. If they handed over a 2020 3rd (around 50-55) I'd look seriously at doing it. It worth a serious debate at minimum.

In: Pick 18, Bruce, 2020 Third
Out: Pick 13, Pick 32

bulldogtragic
10-10-2019, 03:54 PM
I wouldn't.

pick 32 is the deal as far as I'm concerned.

If they want a 1st round pick swap then they need to offer something for that (ie 2020 3rd pick). But if we have a target at pick 13 then no thanks

Thanks for the sums Jazza. I think they handed GWS 59. If they handed over a 2020 3rd (around 50-55) I'd look seriously at doing it. It worth a serious debate at minimum.

In: Pick 18, Bruce, 2020 Third
Out: Pick 13, Pick 32

Was working on it as you posted. A 2020 third is the minimum. We still have a first rounder, Bruce & Keath locked away, thirds to trade. Pick 18 is a good using pick by the sounds of it this year, it's also a good trade currency pick too (plus $700,000+ too).

Dry Rot
10-10-2019, 03:54 PM
IMO Saints have been too cute splitting pick 6 (a fair trade) and Freo may well Cats style say we'll keep our contacted player Hill.

Meanwhile, if the Blues' priority is Papley for their first pick then perhaps the Martin trade to Cralton is not looking good.

So to my question: if you were the player manager for Hill and Martin, what would be your strategy now for each?

The Doctor
10-10-2019, 03:57 PM
Unless Freo sanctioned the Saints swap pick with Giants (pick 6 for 12 & 18) I reckon they mighty get quite testy.

Imagine if Freo had local boy ruckman Luke Jackson in their sights with pick 6 or 7 and then the Giants now sneak in and use pick 6 on Jackson. This is a genuine scenario that could play out as the Giants are no doubt looking for an elite ruckman for the future.

Dry Rot
10-10-2019, 04:14 PM
Unless Freo sanctioned the Saints swap pick with Giants (pick 6 for 12 & 18) I reckon they mighty get quite testy.

I can see Saints missing out on Hill. Ryder rumoured to be in talks with Carlton. 12 or 18 is too much for Howard.

In fact, I can seeing saints being too cute and just ending up with Jones, if they are lucky.

comrade
10-10-2019, 04:20 PM
I can see Saints missing out on Hill. Ryder rumoured to be in talks with Carlton. 12 or 18 is too much for Howard.

In fact, I can seeing saints being too cute and just ending up with Jones, if they are lucky.

If Saints miss out on Hill, it's because they've shifted focus to another big target. You don't offer a big money, long term deal to a contracted player then scupper it through trading out picks without a plan in place.

bulldogtragic
10-10-2019, 04:24 PM

I mentioned in one of these threads for Brad Hill...

St Kilda: Pick 12, 2nd (2020), Acres.
Dogs: Pick 13, 2nd (2019) in DVI points by picks 50 & 52 for NGA Liam Henry, a Blake acres level player.

We've probably got the better offer with Freo's needs, and a really good trading relationship with Freo.

St Kilda: 6 X $900,000 if true
Dogs: 5 X $700,000 that Martin knocked back -- could or would we bump that somewhat? Say the 6 years, and incentives. Is he entitled to any marketing dollars as our possible indigenous face of the club, topping up from outside the cap?

If that implodes, I wonder would we want to position ourselves around Freo & Hill's manager?

bulldogtragic
10-10-2019, 04:27 PM
If Saints miss out on Hill, it's because they've shifted focus to another big target. You don't offer a big money, long term deal to a contracted player then scupper it through trading out picks without a plan in place.

Brad Crouch. $1,000,000 a year.

Stevo was saying 12 & 18 was going to Adeliade from GWS with a future first for pick 4.

This way, Crouch goes for 12 &/or 18, and Adelaide keep pick 4.

They can't tie up $2.5M+ in Carlirlse, Crouch & Hill.

The Doctor
10-10-2019, 04:36 PM
IMO Saints have been too cute splitting pick 6 (a fair trade) and Freo may well Cats style say we'll keep our contacted player Hill.

Meanwhile, if the Blues' priority is Papley for their first pick then perhaps the Martin trade to Cralton is not looking good.

So to my question: if you were the player manager for Hill and Martin, what would be your strategy now for each?

I doubt it

$900k & 2 x 1st rounders for Hill too heavy a price. Martin declared his intentions and we weren't part of that.

Dry Rot
10-10-2019, 05:14 PM
I doubt it

$900k & 2 x 1st rounders for Hill too heavy a price. Martin declared his intentions and we weren't part of that.

I wasn't suggesting all that involves us. I am curious if the Saints and possibly the Blues will stuff up their trading.

Mofra
10-10-2019, 05:22 PM
I mentioned in one of these threads for Brad Hill...

St Kilda: Pick 12, 2nd (2020), Acres.
Dogs: Pick 13, 2nd (2019) in DVI points by picks 50 & 52 for NGA Liam Henry, a Blake acres level player.

We've probably got the better offer with Freo's needs, and a really good trading relationship with Freo.

St Kilda: 6 X $900,000 if true
Dogs: 5 X $700,000 that Martin knocked back -- could or would we bump that somewhat? Say the 6 years, and incentives. Is he entitled to any marketing dollars as our possible indigenous face of the club, topping up from outside the cap?

If that implodes, I wonder would we want to position ourselves around Freo & Hill's manager?
St Kilda offered pick 6 & a 2020 second rounder for Hill, Freo rejected it.

There's a real chance Hill stays at Freo. They want to pay hardball as they also lost Langdon so they potentially lose both starting wingers.

bulldogtragic
10-10-2019, 05:28 PM
St Kilda offered pick 6 & a 2020 second rounder for Hill, Freo rejected it.

There's a real chance Hill stays at Freo. They want to pay hardball as they also lost Langdon so they potentially lose both starting wingers.

If St Kilda don’t get Hill or get a serious player (better than Howard) and have parted with pick 6 then their supporters should ask some serious questions. A long way to go yet though.

bornadog
10-10-2019, 05:33 PM
If St Kilda don’t get Hill or get a serious player (better than Howard) and have parted with pick 6 then their supporters should ask some serious questions. A long way to go yet though.

Port have also put out a statement on Howard. Basically if they don't get a decent draft pick, they will make Howard honour his contract (end 2022)

comrade
10-10-2019, 05:41 PM
Port have also put out a statement on Howard. Basically if they don't get a decent draft pick, they will make Howard honour his contract (end 2022)

I like this approach and hope they stick with it, same with Freo. And even Saints with Bruce.

If the deal does not satisfy the club holding the contract, too bad. You either honour it and play to your best ability, or you sit out the year and forfeit your salary.

Nominating clubs while under contract and expecting the existing club to wilt because 'they don't want to play there anymore' is ridiculous. Clubs can't turf players while under contract, if they sign someone up on a long term deal and the player turns out to be a dud...too bad. The players have way too much control and it's good to see clubs digging in.

AshMac
10-10-2019, 07:12 PM
I like this approach and hope they stick with it, same with Freo. And even Saints with Bruce.

If the deal does not satisfy the club holding the contract, too bad. You either honour it and play to your best ability, or you sit out the year and forfeit your salary.

Nominating clubs while under contract and expecting the existing club to wilt because 'they don't want to play there anymore' is ridiculous. Clubs can't turf players while under contract, if they sign someone up on a long term deal and the player turns out to be a dud...too bad. The players have way too much control and it's good to see clubs digging in.

Agree completely. The notion of a player with 3 years left on his contract nominating the club they “want” to play for and the club being bent over for the “players welfare” is ridiculous.

azabob
10-10-2019, 07:47 PM

Pick 18 could also be aimed at Port for Howard.

bulldogtragic
10-10-2019, 08:01 PM
Pick 18 could also be aimed at Port for Howard.

F/S Jackson Mead likely go before Pick 18 & matched bids. They better have checked with Port if that works for them if that’s the case.

bulldogtragic
10-10-2019, 08:12 PM
If they wound up with 18 & 29 with Mead.

Dogs give Port: 13, 51, 53 & future 4th
Port give Dogs: 18, 29, 68 & future 3rd

Dogs bulk up higher picks and 2020 draft points: 18, 29, 32, 44, 68 & 89 (2020 3rd)
Port get two first rounders, plus Mead as another first rounder with our draft points given over.

azabob
10-10-2019, 08:14 PM
In what world is Brad Couch worth $1 million per season?

azabob
10-10-2019, 08:17 PM

Dogs bulk up higher picks and 2020 draft points: 18, 29, 32, 44, 68 & 89 (2020 3rd)
Port get two first rounders, plus Mead as another first rounder with our draft points given over.

I don’t mind that. Would we still hold firm on pick 32 for Bruce?

josie
10-10-2019, 08:22 PM

Contact the club BT-seems fair to both sides.

bulldogtragic
10-10-2019, 08:25 PM
I don’t mind that. Would we still hold firm on pick 32 for Bruce?

Only pick 29 or 32. Same 44 on Keath. Leaving currently then Picks 18, 29/32 & 68 (89 in theory, doubt we use it)

GVGjr
10-10-2019, 08:33 PM
In what world is Brad Couch worth $1 million per season?

That's a lot of coin for a player who only averages 14 games a season

azabob
10-10-2019, 08:40 PM

No way BT. Crouch isn’t worth $1 million and he seems a bit of a mercenary shopping himself around for $1m plus.

bulldogtragic
10-10-2019, 08:43 PM
No way BT. Crouch isn’t worth $1 million and he seems a bit of a mercenary shopping himself around for $1m plus.

I'm more thinking about players that want to play for them, vs players who are likely to go home. I agree, he's not worth coin. I wonder if he's a little more humble heading back to Adelaide for another fun preseason camp.

azabob
10-10-2019, 08:49 PM
I'm more thinking about players that want to play for them, vs players who are likely to go home. I agree, he's not worth coin. I wonder if he's a little more humble heading back to Adelaide for another fun preseason camp.

You would hope so. I wonder who will write the first tell all book on the pre season camp.

bulldogtragic
10-10-2019, 09:12 PM
You would hope so. I wonder who will write the first tell all book on the pre season camp.

Don't care, as long as it's a player then consider me pre-ordered. Breaking a long term strong club in such little time must be a fascinating tale.

The Adelaide Connection
10-10-2019, 09:16 PM

‘The Greatest Trick the Devil Crows Ever Pulled’
By Kyle Cheney

Chapter 26: “Tippett and the Brown Paper bags”
Chapter 27: “Just say you deleted the messages”
Chapter 28: “Camp Krusty”

Edited: Clearly I meant Kyle “Scapegoat” Cheney and not the Hartigan variety.

azabob
10-10-2019, 10:20 PM
‘The Greatest Trick the Devil Crows Ever Pulled’
By Kyle Cheney

Chapter 26: “Tippett and the Brown Paper bags”
Chapter 27: “Just say you deleted the messages”
Chapter 28: “Camp Krusty”

Edited: Clearly I meant Kyle “Scapegoat” Cheney and not the Hartigan variety.

Yes, yes that makes a lot more sense!

Sedat
11-10-2019, 01:58 PM
Am I missing something with Ed Langdon? I know he has an elite tank and can run all day but he is a terrible decision maker and has poor disposal from what I've seen of him. Melbourne already butcher the football and they bring in 2 more suspect kicks in Langdon and Tomlinson

bulldogtragic
11-10-2019, 02:01 PM
Am I missing something with Ed Langdon? I know he has an elite tank and can run all day but he is a terrible decision maker and has poor disposal from what I've seen of him. Melbourne already butcher the football and they bring in 2 more suspect kicks in Langdon and Tomlinson

No, that's him. I'm so happy he picked them. Saved from ourselves on this one.

Rocket Science
11-10-2019, 04:49 PM
We may as well create and sticky a schadenfreude-themed Bombre thread at this rate ...

https://i.ibb.co/wyBbSjc/Screen-Shot-2019-10-11-at-3-46-54-PM.png (https://imgbb.com/)

Over to you, Dodo.

Grantysghost
11-10-2019, 05:34 PM
We may as well create and sticky a schadenfreude-themed Bombre thread at this rate ...

https://i.ibb.co/wyBbSjc/Screen-Shot-2019-10-11-at-3-46-54-PM.png (https://imgbb.com/)

Over to you, Dodo.

Gee wiz, this media campaign by the Bombers to pressure Daniher into staying is unseemly.
I just saw a very funny tweet that said, Joe blink twice if you need help!

bornadog
11-10-2019, 05:37 PM

Over to you, Dodo.

They have everyone begging

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3951/15604945592_88ca86e2b5_o.gif

Rocket Science
12-10-2019, 07:04 PM
https://i.ibb.co/DLJwptt/Screen-Shot-2019-10-12-at-6-00-05-PM.png (https://ibb.co/rvj5smm)

https://i.ibb.co/7njq7x9/Screen-Shot-2019-10-12-at-6-04-02-PM.png (https://ibb.co/F5mFGkP)

1eyedog
12-10-2019, 07:07 PM
Dodo you're a dodo

Happy Days
12-10-2019, 07:09 PM
"Sydney is now sensing that the trade could fall over, which Bombers list manager Adrian Dodoro would view as a big win."

I believe this is called Controlling the Narrative Before it Controls You.

GVGjr
12-10-2019, 07:14 PM
He might have also asked for the Harbour bridge
I guess his approach resonates with many of the Essendon supporters and obviously the club itself but I wonder if they miss out on some players because of they way they approach the trade period.

We all want our team to get a good deals done that work in our favor but he seems to be vastly more difficult than he needs to be.

Having said that, I saw him at one of the NAB cup games this year and he gave some invaluable advice and encouragement to a youngster who was injured at the time.

1eyedog
12-10-2019, 07:15 PM
Sydney want him but don't care enough to sell their soul to the Devil. They are realistic and understand that Joe has massive limitations and is not worth what Dodo is asking for. I can see Joe staying put for another year or two.

Remi Moses
12-10-2019, 07:28 PM
Essendon just don’t get it
Dodoro doesn’t get it
No wonder they haven’t won a final in 5,516 days

Rocket Science
12-10-2019, 07:36 PM
Oh I reckon Dodo gets it completely.

They truly HAVE to win trade week because it's not as if they win anything else.

GVGjr
12-10-2019, 08:17 PM
Oh I reckon Dodo gets it completely.

They truly HAVE to win trade week because it's not as if they win anything else.

The club endorses his approach as well. He buckled with the Shiel deal last year, he will be focused on making the Swans pay well overs for Daniher if that deal goes through

1eyedog
12-10-2019, 08:29 PM
The club endorses his approach as well. He buckled with the Shiel deal last year, he will be focused on making the Swans pay well overs for Daniher if that deal goes through

Surely they have to walk away from this this trade is becoming toxic.

jeemak
12-10-2019, 08:45 PM
Fancy the players advocating for the club to hold him to his contract. Seriously, they as players see their club poach players from other clubs and don't have an issue with it, but apparently make a stand to hold one of theirs to a contract?

I call bullshit on that story, but who knows what that horrible club does to the brains of the people who work there.

Tend to agree with you 1ED, the trade is getting ugly and EFC's position on it will only make the player want to leave more.

GVGjr
12-10-2019, 11:18 PM
Surely they have to walk away from this this trade is becoming toxic.

Clubs should just not work with him. Do that for two years in a row and they will either move him on or get him to change

KT31
13-10-2019, 11:24 AM
Clubs should just not work with him. Do that for two years in a row and they will either move him on or get him to change

Agree GVRjr, but pretty hard to do if they have a player you are chasing and they insist you work it out with him.

GVGjr
13-10-2019, 11:38 AM
Agree GVRjr, but pretty hard to do if they have a player you are chasing and they insist you work it out with him.

Don't chase their players while they have contracts because he's too difficult to deal with.

Player managers will send a clear message to Essendon when they approach a club about moving a player too or from Essendon and the response from clubs is yes we are interested but history says Dodoro is too difficult to work with so we won't waste our time.

The other option is you escalate the issue with his boss stating if you (Essendon) want to progress this negotiation then he needs to sit this one out.

There are ways to deal with him but unfortunately not enough clubs would bite the bullet

Twodogs
13-10-2019, 11:46 AM

Is that why Essendon are always getting involved in trades they have no interest in otherwise? Because it gives them a false sense of relevance?

GVGjr
13-10-2019, 11:58 AM
Is that why Essendon are always getting involved in trades they have no interest in otherwise? Because it gives them a false sense of relevance?

They have had a reputation for being time wasters and disrupters of trades over the years.

ledge
13-10-2019, 12:06 PM
They have had a reputation for being time wasters and disrupters of trades over the years.

Hasn’t that worked out well for them, no finals wins in years but apparently they win trade week every year.
I actually don’t know how Dodoro is still there and how he is regarded as being so good when wouldn’t that be based on success on the field after a while ?
I also think Silvagni is of the same ilk , regarded as a great recruiter but never built a team that’s won anything.

Twodogs
13-10-2019, 12:08 PM

Yeah but why? Surely it's occurred to them that method might win a eponymous thing called "Trade Week" but that title isn't worth a pinch of shit in a thunderstorm?