PDA

View Full Version : Dumbest Trade Rumour 2019

bulldogtragic
30-09-2019, 11:53 AM
Trade Radio starting off this annual thread really strong:

Sydney give up picks 4 & 8 for Daniher & pick 29 (pick 32 after PP and compo)

A top 5 pick & top 10 pick for a guy whose played 11 games in two years and a pick in the 30's.

Bravo trade radio, Bravo.

The Adelaide Connection
30-09-2019, 12:30 PM

A top 5 pick & top 10 pick for a guy whose played 11 games in two years and a pick in the 30's.

It might be just because I hate Essendon that much, but I have always cynically felt they enjoy a little bit of bias in these trade programs (obviously Lloyd is always in there doing his best for his old mob for a start).

AshMac
01-10-2019, 06:06 PM

Wasn’t Tim Watson was it? His view is always so impartial with bombers trades

Sedat
01-10-2019, 08:08 PM

What a ridiculous trade suggestion. Dodo will expect Nick Blakey to be thrown in as well.

GVGjr
01-10-2019, 08:17 PM
I nearly choked today listening to Mitch Cleary saying the Suns should part with pick 14 this year and pick 6 next year (speculative) for the services of Brad Crouch who averages just 14 games a year.
While he is a good player, but with a few limitations, if he is going to generate 2 first round picks for the Crows then to me that's just a hugely speculative deal without enough assurances to succeed

Is Mitch Cleary an expert?

westdog54
01-10-2019, 08:21 PM
I nearly choked today listening to Mitch Cleary saying the Suns should part with pick 14 this year and pick 6 next year (speculative) for the services of Brad Crouch who averages just 14 games a year.
While he is a good player, but with a few limitations, if he is going to generate 2 first round picks for the Crows then to me that's just a hugely speculative deal without enough assurances to succeed

You'd only consider that if you were getting both Crouch brothers. Not one or the other.

Twodogs
01-10-2019, 08:26 PM

Crouch gets plenty of the ball but you'd want him to kick it to one of the blokes wearing the same colored jumper as him from time to time for that sort of money.

Sedat
01-10-2019, 08:50 PM
Michael Barlow suggested picks 1 and 2 for both Crouch brothers. FFS.

bulldogtragic
01-10-2019, 08:54 PM

Club house leader.

I'm not sure a draft rumour can get any dumber than that. Please someone get him to a good neurologist for scans to see if he has CTE.

GVGjr
01-10-2019, 09:02 PM
You'd only consider that if you were getting both Crouch brothers. Not one or the other.

I think anything inside of the top 10 is overs for either of them but the Suns do need some help

Remi Moses
01-10-2019, 10:13 PM
The scribes suggested trades are getting worse than the nuffies who call

Remi Moses
01-10-2019, 10:14 PM
Stkilda fan on social media wants a first rounder for Bruce
You’re dreaming

Remi Moses
01-10-2019, 10:40 PM
Hawk fan wants pick one
Gives Gold Coast Gunston and Bruest
I think they’re a touch old

bulldogtragic
01-10-2019, 11:15 PM
I know it’s Twitter, but:

“I've been hearing Grant Birchall, Isaac Smith, Jack Gunston and Liam Shiels in exchange for Picks 1, 2 and 15 thrown around...“

OMG

Remi Moses
02-10-2019, 01:08 AM
Pie fan on trade radio ( used to hear him on SEN) Dave
Through up scharenberg, Wills , and some other non descript player
to Gold Coast for King ! Fans love throwing up these package deals of ok players and duds for one gun player ( usually a Gold Coast young gun)

1eyedog
02-10-2019, 05:38 AM

May as well. Who else are they going to get who is going to stay there?

Mofra
02-10-2019, 09:20 AM
I don't think the Crouch brothers can play together TBH. Too similar.

GCS have to keep 1 & 2 for Anderson and Rowell, simply have to. Trade everything else for mature assets.

KT31
02-10-2019, 03:39 PM
I don't think the Crouch brothers can play together TBH. Too similar.

GCS have to keep 1 & 2 for Aenderson and Rowell, simply have to. Trade everything else for mature assets.
How excited must these two boys be, knowing they are most likely to end up at GCS?
Both would be praying GCS trade off picks 1 & 2.

Happy Days
02-10-2019, 03:55 PM
I know it’s Twitter, but:

“I've been hearing Grant Birchall, Isaac Smith, Jack Gunston and Liam Shiels in exchange for Picks 1, 2 and 15 thrown around...“

OMG

These are the sort of rumours you bring upon yourself when you trade pick 2 for Lachie Weller.

bornadog
03-10-2019, 12:54 PM
Surely this is the dumbest

"Brandon Ellis is worth a first-round pick." Could the Tigers receive handy compensation for the departing Brandon Ellis? @cleary_mitch (https://twitter.com/cleary_mitch)
believes so | https://sen.lu/2o089uf (https://t.co/SBq9EF2bcA?amp=1) | #AFL (https://twitter.com/hashtag/AFL?src=hashtag_click)

Topdog
03-10-2019, 01:08 PM
Surely this is the dumbest

I actually think they will get it. I mean he is worth as much as Motlop. There will always be confusion when the AFL do things surrounded in secrecy.

Mofra
03-10-2019, 02:57 PM
I actually think they will get it. I mean he is worth as much as Motlop. There will always be confusion when the AFL do things surrounded in secrecy.
By the formula, his contract woudn't be far off band 2 which is an end of first round pick.

bulldogtragic
03-10-2019, 03:08 PM
By the formula, his contract woudn't be far off band 2 which is an end of first round pick.

Good chance that happens. Then I suspect they will look to trade up the draft order by using picks 19 & 20 as the bait.

comrade
03-10-2019, 03:18 PM
Picks for free agents is stupid.

Twodogs
04-10-2019, 07:51 AM
Picks for free agents is stupid.

You're right. They aren't really free agents if all the other clubs fall back in the draft order.

comrade
04-10-2019, 08:35 AM
You're right. They aren't really free agents if all the other clubs fall back in the draft order.

Especially when you pick up a free agent on big money (Lynch) with no trading required which increases cap pressure leading to another free agent leaving the year after (Ellis) and then getting compensated for it.

Richmond are literally abusing the Gold Coast debacle at every opportunity for their own gain.

AshMac
04-10-2019, 09:08 AM
anyone seen David kings rumour about Jeremy’s cameron landing at the bombers?

Essentially means the bombers give up 2 “elite” players - Danniher and Fantasia (and their first and late picks) in a 4 club trade. Once again, the clear winner from that scenario is the bombers...

Bulldog4life
04-10-2019, 10:53 AM
anyone seen David kings rumour about Jeremy’s cameron landing at the bombers?

Essentially means the bombers give up 2 “elite” players - Danniher and Fantasia (and their first and late picks) in a 4 club trade. Once again, the clear winner from that scenario is the bombers...

More of a suggestion than a rumour.

Mofra
04-10-2019, 11:32 AM
David King did nail Port Adelaide pretty well though when talking about Fantasia:

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/graveyard-for-traded-players-why-essendon-might-not-care-if-they-lose-gun-forward-orazio-fantasia/news-story/99c9ecca9436851cd3334201f87cf9a9

David King hasn’t held back in his assessment of Port Adelaide and its ability to get the best out of recruits, saying it’s where “elephants go to die in terms of traded players”.

The dual North Melbourne premiership player suggested the club’s track record of turning good recruits into great players had fallen short, and that Orazio Fantasia could join the long list were he to land at Alberton this trade period.

The Bombers small forward has been linked with a move back to South Australia, with Port Adelaide confirming its interest in Fantasia on Wednesday.

King shrouded doubt over whether the likes of Tom Rockliff, Jack Watts, Steven Motlop, Charlie Dixon, Paddy Ryder, Jack Hombsch, Jake Neade, Trent McKenzie, Jimmy Toumpas and Sam Mayes had improved at Port Adelaide, suggesting Fantasia could be added to the pile.

westdog54
04-10-2019, 09:06 PM
I think he's being harsh on Charlie Dixon but there is certainly a conversation to be had about the rest of that list of names.

If hrs first name wasn't so over pronounced by Brian Taylor then Orazio wouldn't be as highly valued as he seems to be