PDA

View Full Version : 1st Annual Actual Winner of the Trade Period - 2019

bulldogtragic
01-10-2019, 10:43 PM
Strongly Rumoured In (RI), Strongly rumoured Out (RO)

Very rough Breakdown heading into the trade period: (in no particular order yet)

Players In - Players Out

Dogs: Bruce & Keath - Nil
Carl: Betts, Pittonet - Phillips
Hawks: Frost, Patton - Birchall, Pittonet
St Kilda: Hill, Ryder, Howard, Butler, Jones - Bruce, Acres, Steven

WCE: Tim Kelly - Nil
Melb: Tomlinson, Langdon - Frost
Coll: Cameron - Aish
GCS: Greenwood, Ellis - Ah Chee
GWS: Jacobs - Patton, Tomlinson, Bonar
Bris: Ah Chee, Ellis-Yolman - Nil
Syd: Nil - Jones
Gell: Steven, Jenkins - Tim Kelly
Freo: Acres, Aish - Hill, Langdon

North: Bonar - RO: Nil
Rich: Nil - RO: Ellis
Port: Nil - Ryder, Frampton, Howard
Adel: Frampton - Keath, Betts, Greenwood, Ellis-Yolman, Jacobs, Jenkins

As trades happen, I will move them around and we can assess the best performed club overall for players, picks and improvements of the list and value/cost of trades. You know, the many & varied factors that get assessed by reasonable people in making a conclusion.

This is a non-Dodoro thread.

The Doctor
01-10-2019, 10:58 PM
And he winner is awarded the presitigous 'Dodoro Medal'.

bulldogtragic
01-10-2019, 11:02 PM

I love it. I wish I had thought of that.

ratsmac
02-10-2019, 12:18 AM
Adel RO the Couches to GCS

jeemak
02-10-2019, 12:54 AM

I love it. I wish I had thought of that.

I love how BT calls this a non-Dodoro thread and the first reply is Dodoro related and BT LOVES IT!

bulldogtragic
02-10-2019, 09:33 AM
I love how BT calls this a non-Dodoro thread and the first reply is Dodoro related and BT LOVES IT!

As in Dodoro can't create a username and vote for himself. Which could happen with trade week winner being on the line.

bornadog
02-10-2019, 09:36 AM

Hard to beat the previous two years winners

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6NOENSUEAA1Uxh?format=png&name=900x900

hujsh
02-10-2019, 10:25 AM
Thead is so non-Dodo that Essendon aren't even in the tier list.

Is it just fairer to leave them out so we can have an actual competition?

bulldogtragic
09-10-2019, 09:10 PM
Update:

Very rough Breakdown heading into the trade period: in no particular order in the brackets

Higher Tier

Dogs: RI: Bruce & Keath - RO: Nil
Carl: RI: Papley, Martin, Betts - RO: Nil
Hawks: RI: Frost, Patton - RO: Birchall
St Kilda: RI: Hill, Ryder, Jones, Butler, Howard - RO: Bruce, Stevem, Acres, Newnes, McKenzie
WCE: RI: Tim Kelly - RO: Nil (lots of picks)

Mid Tier

Melb: RI: Tomlinson, Langdon - RO: Frost
Coll: RI: Cameron - RO:
GCS: RI: Greenwood, Ellis, B. Crouch - RO: Martin, Ah Chee
GWS: RI: Jacobs - RO: Patton, Tomlinson
Bris: RI: Ah Chee, Ellis-Yolman - RO: Robertson
Syd: RI: Daniher, McKenzie - RO: Jones
Gell: RI: Jenkins, Steven (lots of picks) - RO: Tim Kelly
Freo: RI: Nil (Picks) - RO: Hill, Langdon

Lower Tier

Ess: RI: Nil - RO: Daniher, Fantasia
North: RI: Nil - RO: Nil
Rich: RI: Nil - RO: Ellis, Butler
Port: RI: Robertson, Fantasia - RO: Ryder, Frampton, Gray, Powell Pepper & Howard
Adel: RI: Frampton - RO: Keath, Betts, Greenwood, Ellis-Yolman, Jacobs, Jenkins, B. Crouch

Twodogs
13-10-2019, 08:27 PM
I put in a poll but there are a couple of spots left Anymore for anymore BT?

Twodogs
13-10-2019, 08:28 PM

I think it might be the best thing I have read this year!

It's the greatest non-Dodoro thread ever written.

bulldogtragic
13-10-2019, 08:44 PM
I put in a poll but there are a couple of spots left Anymore for anymore BT?

Maybe Melbourne.

I hoped this thread might have a big more activity. With under 72 hours, here's hoping something happens, anything. I start taking trade nominations for a playlist of 80's hair bands.

Anyone trade Cheap Trick for White Snake, Bad English & a future pick of David Lee Roth, as a stand alone act, post mid 80's Van Halen?

Twodogs
13-10-2019, 10:06 PM
Maybe Melbourne.

I hoped this thread might have a big more activity. With under 72 hours, here's hoping something happens, anything. I start taking trade nominations for a playlist of 80's hair bands.

Anyone trade Cheap Trick for White Snake, Bad English & a future pick of David Lee Roth, as a stand alone act, post mid 80's Van Halen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWIo2S2RGhI

bulldogtragic
16-10-2019, 08:39 PM

Very rough Breakdown heading into the trade period: (in no particular order yet)

Players In - Players Out

Dogs: Bruce & Keath - Nil
Carl: Betts, Pittonet - Phillips
Hawks: Frost, Patton - Birchall, Pittonet
St Kilda: Hill, Ryder, Howard, Butler, Jones - Bruce, Acres, Steven

WCE: Tim Kelly - Nil
Melb: Tomlinson, Langdon - Frost
Coll: Cameron - Aish
GCS: Greenwood, Ellis - Ah Chee
GWS: Jacobs - Patton, Tomlinson, Bonar
Bris: Ah Chee, Ellis-Yolman - Nil
Syd: Nil - Jones
Gell: Steven - Tim Kelly
Freo: Acres, Aish - Hill, Langdon

North: Bonar - RO: Nil
Rich: Nil - RO: Ellis
Port: Nil - Ryder, Frampton, Howard
Adel: Frampton - Keath, Betts, Greenwood, Ellis-Yolman, Jacobs, Jenkins

As trades happen, I will move them around and we can assess the best performed club overall for players, picks and improvements of the list and value/cost of trades. You know, the many & varied factors that get assessed by reasonable people in making a conclusion.

This is a non-Dodoro thread.

Winners??

Carlton fans will be crying into pillows tonight. Offered Martin & 15 for 9, and said no... Should've picked us Jack.

St Kilda brought 5 in, lost three on their best 22 though. And paid about $2.5M to the new faces.

The Doctor
16-10-2019, 08:45 PM
Dodo

1. Made the Kelly deal happen even when it had nothing to do with him
2. Got Fantasia when he looked gone for all money and gave up nothing for him
3. Daniher ditto
4. The big one. Got Phillips
5. Another big one. Got Cutler another outside midfielder to add to their stockpile. Heaven help the rest of us if they get the ball outside of the inside.

GVGjr
16-10-2019, 08:48 PM
Geelong typically got some bargains, they always do and of course got full value for Kelly
Their window is open again for 2020

Saints were excellent, got their targets, were fair with Steven and got a bit more than expected for Bruce.
We can't really fault their effort, They've added plenty of run

Rocket Science
16-10-2019, 08:51 PM
Hold the phone, who really dominated #TradePeriod?

https://i.ibb.co/GtT7kLb/Screen-Shot-2019-10-16-at-7-48-15-PM.png (https://ibb.co/5nFTvyf)

Who among us couldn't get enough?

bornadog
16-10-2019, 09:22 PM
Hold the phone, who really dominated #TradePeriod?

https://i.ibb.co/GtT7kLb/Screen-Shot-2019-10-16-at-7-48-15-PM.png (https://ibb.co/5nFTvyf)

Who among us couldn't get enough?

Excrutating

Bumper Bulldogs
16-10-2019, 09:33 PM
Seriously, Sam P won by a nose. Didn't muck around the edges, didn't get old used broken guys and targeted perfectly for needs. We don't need to target "Big names" we have the Bont already.

I felt fantastic we got the book ends and kept pick 13 after that it didn't really matter, I back him in to land talent at 13 and we are away for 2020. All the fuss, rumours and innuendo account for very little in September and we haven't kept disgruntle people at the club over our own pride.

Rant over! bring on the preseason training photos of our boys bulked up and ripped ready to go

hujsh
16-10-2019, 10:06 PM
Dodo

1. Made the Kelly deal happen even when it had nothing to do with him
2. Got Fantasia when he looked gone for all money and gave up nothing for him
3. Daniher ditto
4. The big one. Got Phillips
5. Another big one. Got Cutler another outside midfielder to add to their stockpile. Heaven help the rest of us if they get the ball outside of the inside.

Had a good laugh at that

bulldogtragic
17-10-2019, 12:03 AM
No shitting you, this is one of the big winners from the trade period from Fox:

Adrian Dodoro, Essendon list manager

From the moment Joe Daniher asserted his desire to move to the Sydney Swans, Dodoro was emphatic the key forward would remain at Tullamarine. It seemed to be classic Dodoro posturing. Only last year the Dylan Shiel trade was orchestrated at the death. This time, however, Dodoro didn’t just have his polka face on. He meant business. Daniher will see out his contract and have the opportunity to “fall back in love” with Essendon — a Dodoro sentiment from the start. Add in Orazio Fantasia staying put and Dodoro has every right to pump his chest out.

He literally did nothing and he’s a winner, mentioned before Sam Power who did a lot.....

hujsh
17-10-2019, 12:51 AM
Interesting little plot that one. Dodo saying the best offer presented was 9 and a future first but Gardiner at the Swans saying they were 'advised' 5 and 9 wouldn't get it done so they never bothered presenting it. Essentially confirming the Dons wanted a player who could replace Daniher (at which point why bother trading).

It's hard to say you did well to keep Daniher unless you've convinced him not to go. They did that with Fantasia but not Daniher so may regret not taking 5 and 9

Dry Rot
17-10-2019, 01:19 AM
IMO Swans need an honourable mention.

Expressed an interest in Daniher but didn't fold into a Dodoro madness trade.

And didn't get what they wanted for an under contract Papley, so they kept him.

dog town
17-10-2019, 06:33 AM
Interesting little plot that one. Dodo saying the best offer presented was 9 and a future first but Gardiner at the Swans saying they were 'advised' 5 and 9 wouldn't get it done so they never bothered presenting it. Essentially confirming the Dons wanted a player who could replace Daniher (at which point why bother trading).

It's hard to say you did well to keep Daniher unless you've convinced him not to go. They did that with Fantasia but not Daniher so may regret not taking 5 and 9 Reading twitter both sets of fans are adamant the other side is wrong. Need someone to clarify this 5 and 9 situation. If it turns out Essendon are being loose with the truth possibly to try and make JD think Sydney botched it then it could actually backfire.

I’m inclined to believe Sydney.

Murphy'sLore
17-10-2019, 09:32 AM
Please tell me Fox didn't actually say 'polka face', what's next, foxtrot hands?

bornadog
17-10-2019, 09:42 AM
Ranked by AFEL.com.au

here (https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-10-16/trade-period-ranked-from-worst-to-best-whos-in-out-draft-hand)

1. Saints
2. West Coast
3. Western Bulldogs

LostDoggy
17-10-2019, 10:07 AM
Really? West coast sold the farm.

The Doctor
17-10-2019, 10:09 AM
Really? West coast sold the farm.

they got the best player. Eagles looking really formidable.

LostDoggy
17-10-2019, 10:10 AM
And they rated us the same as Essendon.

LostDoggy
17-10-2019, 10:10 AM
they got the best player. Eagles looking really formidable.

They gave up a hell of a lot for him.

hujsh
17-10-2019, 10:33 AM
No shitting you, this is one of the big winners from the trade period from Fox:

Adrian Dodoro, Essendon list manager

From the moment Joe Daniher asserted his desire to move to the Sydney Swans, Dodoro was emphatic the key forward would remain at Tullamarine. It seemed to be classic Dodoro posturing. Only last year the Dylan Shiel trade was orchestrated at the death. This time, however, Dodoro didn’t just have his polka face on. He meant business. Daniher will see out his contract and have the opportunity to “fall back in love” with Essendon — a Dodoro sentiment from the start. Add in Orazio Fantasia staying put and Dodoro has every right to pump his chest out.

He literally did nothing and he’s a winner, mentioned before Sam Power who did a lot.....

Also funny to see the rating of Essendon vs Sydney.

Sydney retained Papley and get ranked the 3rd worst. Essendon retain Daniher and get 4th best.

Bulldog Joe
17-10-2019, 10:47 AM
Disappointing, not to see a high ranking for defacto Geelong recruiting manager Patrick Dangerfield.

He took a lot of credit for bringing in Josh Jenkins after apparently (according to Patrick) being a principal instigator of Luke Dahlhaus last year.

Webby
17-10-2019, 11:42 AM
Also funny to see the rating of Essendon vs Sydney.

Sydney retained Papley and get ranked the 3rd worst. Essendon retain Daniher and get 4th best.

Fox and the Hun are unsurprisingly sycophantic towards Essendon FC. The link is Mark Robinson. The bloke’s more supporter than journalist when it comes to them.

The timing of the (show bag) story about Essendon’s supplements scandal was suspiciously timed by the Hun to drop right on trade deadline day. A day in which Essendon FC was in dire need of a pick-me-up. I know the article was written by Michael Warner, but Robinson is the paper’s senior football writer and, as such, oversees the content and timing of all AFL stories.

He’s just a lightweight fanboy. The meaningless Essendon trade grading is a joke.

Grantysghost
17-10-2019, 12:47 PM
Fox and the Hun are unsurprisingly sycophantic towards Essendon FC. The link is Mark Robinson. The bloke’s more supporter than journalist when it comes to them.

The timing of the (show bag) story about Essendon’s supplements scandal was suspiciously timed by the Hun to drop right on trade deadline day. A day in which Essendon FC was in dire need of a pick-me-up. I know the article was written by Michael Warner, but Robinson is the paper’s senior football writer and, as such, oversees the content and timing of all AFL stories.

He’s just a lightweight fanboy. The meaningless Essendon trade grading is a joke.

It's nauseating. Two of your leadership group wanting out, and a mad dash to keep them (tenuous retention at best) via a captain begging and some hard bargaining and you've somehow done well.
Cutler and Phillips in - thats a D+ when they need inside mids.

Rocket Science
17-10-2019, 01:47 PM
I also can't fathom the pats on the back the Bombres are enjoying.

It's not as if coercing players not to flee a toxic workplace is a strange new experience for them.

Sedat
17-10-2019, 01:58 PM
I also can't fathom the pats on the back the Bombres are enjoying.
They didn't become mediocre for 16 years by accident. It is all the head-scratching accolades they continue to get every year from the meedya sycophants that have them thinking they are always "on the cusp" of a flag. Bless them.

Webby
17-10-2019, 02:06 PM
It's nauseating. Two of your leadership group wanting out, and a mad dash to keep them (tenuous retention at best) via a captain begging and some hard bargaining and you've somehow done well.
Cutler and Phillips in - thats a D+ when they need inside mids.

Dodoro MUST be a fertile source of inside stories for Robinson & co. They come out of the trade period with two also-ran ins, their two best forwards clearly running down their contracts and no first round pick in the draft. They’ve had an absolute nightmare!

Yet that’s a B+ mark in the Hun...???!!! For some reason Dodoro’s a protected species....

As someone who can’t stand Essendon, long may that continue!

Mofra
17-10-2019, 02:12 PM
Dodoro MUST be a fertile source of inside stories for Robinson & co. They come out of the trade period with two also-ran ins, their two best forwards clearly running down their contracts and no first round pick in the draft. They’ve had an absolute nightmare!

Yet that’s a B+ mark in the Hun...???!!! For some reason Dodoro’s a protected species....

As someone who can’t stand Essendon, long may that continue!
The weird thing was there is a genuine potential no 1 ruck who changed clubs, Pittonet, who went to Carlton to replace Phillips.

Remi Moses
17-10-2019, 02:13 PM

Warner hates the afl , and doesn’t miss a chance for a pot at them . I’m not their greatest fan, but Warner takes it to another level
Of course Dodoro won trade week, why is this even a question ?